Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E07: Anndeken Pis

• Start Topic

(edited)

It seemed to me they were implying he's playing the game to be the next Bachelor, so that would be Wrong Reasons that he doesn't really care about Andi.

It is entirely possible I misunderstood but I actually read the guys' comments as more that Nick talks about the specifics of the show all the time rather than his feelings about Andi meaning he'll talk about who will likely get 1 on 1's that week, how many there will be, how many people will be going home and then they mentioned that most recently he mentioned who'd be the Bachelor. They never stated that he referred to himself with that statement and if he is talking about the show in specifics based on what he's watched, then yeah he probably has figured out that around Final 6 - Final 4 is the group the next Bachelor is usually picked from.

The guys seemed to be suggesting more that Nick is just competitive and wants to win which is why Marcus was mentioning how he'd walk at Final 2. So I didn't get the feeling they thought Nick was angling to be the next Bachelor and more that he is a salesman who by his nature is competitive, likes to win and that's what he was focused on more than genuinely wanting to be with Andi.

even though the other guys couldn't pinpoint what exactly it is about him without any examples.

Or they couldn't give examples because they had none, because what they're really angry about is how much time he's gotten with Andi and the reality they knew that they were likely in danger of going home but they're too cowardly to be honest and just say that. It's just like the drama after Eric left - the people who were the loudest and most aggressive were Tasos and Cody. Two guys who knew they were very likely possibilities to leave. And this week Chris was the most vocal who later verbalized knowing that it would likely come down to him, Brian and Dylan. So much so that he made sure to make some last ditch effort with Andi before she started handing out the roses.

Before Andi gave the group date rose, her speech basically stated that she was giving it to someone she saw potential with, who she couldn't wait to go to their hometown, couldn't wait to meet their family, have them meet her, etc. No way these guys' egos weren't what was bruised when she gave that rose to Nick, essentially saying she was more excited to meet his family than theirs and that she was ready for them to leave so she could spend more time with him. And it's fine, but if they'd just own that I wouldn't be so annoyed with their junior high whinging.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if that hotel clerk was all set to say, "Sir, I need to see some ID" or "We only have one guest registered to this room"--but the power of his smarmy smirk put her in a trance and she handed the key right over!

Or she was all set to and the producers came in and said that this was all part of filming for the show that she and all the other hotel employees had already signed disclosures for and so she happily handed it over knowing this was all one big production.

Yeah, I think Josh has this in the bag and all the Nick drama is just to distract from the fact that she's been super into Josh since he got out of the limo and she said "DAMN."

I called Nick and Josh as the final 2 after the second episode, when she had her 1 on 1 with Nick and she spent her alone time with Josh on their group date being all giggly while he rambled awkwardly. To me the editing was practically glaring in projecting those two as the final guys. And I can totally see her picking Josh even though I disagree that there hasn't really been chemistry between her and Nick. Honestly, Andi and Nick's makeout after he came to see her in her room was almost uncomfortable at points to watch. I swear at one point I thought they would suck each other's heads off and there was some not so subtle moaning going on there. So I don't buy that she wasn't totally into Nick, she was. She just wanted Josh more.

That said, this whole "Nick the evil" editing is actually hurting the Josh and Andi "love story" in my opinion because so much of the episodes are being focused on it. Seriously how much camera time did Nick get last night and a lot of the media recapping the show this morning focused heavily on him, the drama, etc. I imagine when it gets down to the end, her interactions with Josh will be ramped up a little more but honestly right now I feel like her and Josh's story is getting short-changed.

Their date seemed short, though not as short as the one with Marcus because it was more important to show more of the drama with Nick. So I feel like in the end, if Andi does choose Josh, I'll think that's nice enough but not be all "aww" like I was with JP and Ashley for example or hell even Des and Chris who everyone called sloppy seconds. Of course it's not like I ever have high expectations for any of the pairings that come from this show.

Edited by truthaboutluv
Or they couldn't give examples because they had none because what they're really angry about is how much time he's gotten with Andi and the reality they knew that they were likely in danger of going home but they're too cowardly to be honest and just say that.

THIS!

And this week Chris was the most vocal who later verbalized knowing that it would likely come down to him, Brian and Dylan. So much so that he made sure to make some last ditch effort with Andi before she started handing out the roses.

Which is not strategizing at all.  No sirreee!

Having gotten Chris this far, no way they were going to pass up the opportunity to do the "city girl goes to the farm" date next week

Oh great. Cue the wonky music a la that mold guy on Ali's season whose dad was a taxidermist. 

The way to become the Bachelor is to be a) the guy who's only concerned about the girl not getting hurt and "protecting" her by calling out those who are "not there for the right reasons"; b) the guy who cares (or seems to care) about that more than he does actually ending up with the girl; c) the guy who has a potentially interesting backstory that the producers can exploit (preferably with an adorable 6 year old daughter or son); d) the guy who ends up 4th or 3rd.

Except for the kid thing, Chris is fitting all the requirements so far.  Nick, not so much.  I, too, think that the producers probably would die to get the opportunity to market The Bachelor: Down on the Farm, if for no other reason then so they can show a literal "roll in the hay."

I agree that Chris the Farmer/Secret Admirer has the best path to Bachelor right now. I think the producers would love The Bachelor: The Simple Life.

But I can see dark horse Dylan maaaaaybe being chosen. He has the looks, other than really needing a haircut. They would give him a bit of a makeover before his season though. He has the right, humble personality and desire to find love. He hasn't been a douche. He definitely has the backstory, with his grief over his siblings, and all he has to say at The Men Tell All is I'm ready to move on with my life and focus on love.

(edited)

Only now watching cause I was out last night, and I just have to say I loved seeing Andi and Josh eating on the streets of Ghent.  It looked like they were eating sandwiches, called broodjes, which are very, very popular for lunch.  They are a Belgian take on like a sub sandwich, but on real, crispy baguettes and usually with a creamy filling of some kind (like different variations on chicken salad or seafood salad, and then veggies on top if you want).  They are wonderful and very cheap and easy to grab on the go.

I have to eat now. Mmmmmmmmh... 

And yet, I think they eat their mussles in the worst street possible "Rue des Bouchers". I don't know when it was filmed but in full season this street is awful to eat in a one on one. It's a very narrow street filled exclusively with mussles restaurant sporting horrible decor, waiters who are screaming at you to eat in theirs and not the others one every meter. You eat with people passing you by two centimeters when you're out ; inside is noisy. A tourist trap. The food is subpar, it's like McDonalds for mussles. 

The only good thing is with the abundance of beer, you're too drunk to remember the food kinda sucked when comes the bill. If you're not sick on uncooked unfresh mussles the morning after, considere yourself lucky.

So many good restaurants in Brussels to eat, soooooooooooo many and they chose one here. Somebody tried to killed the Bachelorette, it's the only explanation I can think of.

ETA : I can't wait for next week in the farm, that should be fun, but I'm in no rush to see Eric's death announcement. I like my Bachelorette show being stupidly unrealistic. Real life has no part in it that's the fun of it : putting to shame any stupid romcom ever made. Eric's death is so real, so sudden, I'm not sure I can handle watching the aftermath in this context. Not sure I'm clear... 

Edited by Pollock
(edited)

LOL, poor Dylan. He's never going to live that one down.

She essentially begged Josh for an ILY and then absolutely glowed when she got it.

While I definitely think it's likely she picks Josh (putting aside if you see "it" between them or not, he's kind of an obvious choice in that they're both from Atlanta, like very close to each other actually and she admits to her history of dating/being in love with jocks. In fact that's why there were rumors when the cast was announced that they knew each other, maybe were already dating, just before she started the show and the whole thing is staged which the show and everyone else has denied) I actually don't view that as proof because sometimes I think the lead themselves get caught up in that "bubble" and they almost feel it necessary for everyone to fall in love with them.

I remember Emily got a lot of flack for that when some viewers felt like she all but pushed Sean into saying he loved her when he was clearly trying to be as cautious as possible with his words, only to then eliminate him at the next rose ceremony. And as many noted, there was no way she didn't already know at that point that there was no future with her and Sean.

Although I think there is genuine chemistry between her and Nick, I almost wonder if she's not playing up her connection to Nick to be more that it is to either a) make Josh jealous, or b) give herself a face-saving out if she think's Josh is not going to propose.

I'm not sure how the former would work since the guys aren't there on each other's dates and she doesn't talk about other guys when on a date with someone and I haven't found her being overtly flirty/handsy with Nick while Josh is around during cocktail parties/group dates, etc. As for the latter, it's possible I guess. This is the woman who told CH during the live reunion show that if the one guy says "I like you a lot" at the end, she'd go to the next one. So yeah...

But honestly, I think Andi's feelings with Nick have been fairly consistent. She mentioned feeling most like herself and most comfortable with him in like the second or third episode. I think she very likely had genuine feelings for him, she just maybe felt more for Josh. Like she was attracted to Nick, cared about him but believed herself in love with Josh. Now like I said, unfortunately I haven't seen this love story with the way the season has been edited so far.

Edited by truthaboutluv
(edited)

Last night made me change my mind about who the F1 is.  I'm now convinced that it is going to be Josh, not Nick.  She essentially begged Josh for an ILY and then absolutely glowed when she got it.   She was love-struck and I don't think you can fake that look.  It's much harder for me to tell if Josh is in to her as well.  Either he doesn't show his emotions much, or the editors aren't willing to show it.  

Although I think there is genuine chemistry between her and Nick, I almost wonder if she's not playing up her connection to Nick to be more that it is to either a) make Josh jealous, or b) give herself a face-saving out if she think's Josh is not going to propose.    Of course it  could just be the editing monkeys trying to give the appearance of a two-horse race.

And, could it be any more obvious that Marcus and Chris have 0 chance?   

Chris made the final 4, I think, because the producers asked her to pick him to help them build up his storyline so they can use him as the next Bachelor.   Speaking of which, I wonder how genuinely Chris still sees himself as a farmer.  Part of my suspects that his interest in continuing to farm is just about as sincere as was Andi's interest in continuing to practice law.   It makes for a nice back-story, but Chris seems pretty styled-up and cosmopolitan to me.    It wouldn't surprise me to find out that he intends to move (or has already moved) to Los Angeles to pursue a mactoring/reality tv career.    If he's the next Bachelor, I really hope they don't do a cringe-worthy stereotype of "who want's to be a farmer's wife?" type show.  

Edited by Rhondinella
  • Love 1
(edited)

This season is killing me. It's just talk. And talk. And more talk. And then they talk. And he talks to her. She talks to him. Then they talk. Not enough drama for my liking. 2 hours on Monday felt like it was just draaaaagining.

Edited by ShaNaeNae

This season is killing me. It's just talk. And talk. And more talk. And then they talk. And he talks to her. She talks to him. Then they talk. Not enough drama for my liking. 2 hours on Monday felt like it was just draaaaagining.

That's a good point. At the beginning they did some "falling in love" (e.g., rapelling) and other action-packed (e.g., hiking/biking/boating) dates, but ever since Andi started droning on about how EXHAUSTED she is, the dates haven't been much more than sitting or walking around--with Andi WATCHING the guys do something (e.g., stripping, Boyz II Men, miming, basketball, lie detector). I wonder whether it's just a coincidence because it's just been sight-seeing in Europe or she put the kibosh on anything else that takes any kind of stamina. No judgment here. I, too, would be all, Eh, how about we just sit here and talk! But, we really have been lacking in Leap of Faith bunjee jumping and Smokin' Hot Love hot tubbing. The closest we got this episode is a Chaste Friend Zone in a monestary...although that's a pretty good plan: No really, I WOULD kiss you, Dylan, but we CAN'T. It's SACRED.

• Love 1

I really like Chris, so I don’t want to see him as the next Bachelor, especially after what happened with one of my other favorites - Jake.  I hope he takes the same route as sweet, Chris Lambton, and find a nice girl on his own, even if she is a former contestant.

I don't remember just how the washing after going to the bathroom question was asked, but it's quite possible that Dylan was thinking about the few times he remembered he didn't do it.  Really, if he remembered not washing up even once, what was he supposed to say? 

In my younger years I remember partying in the woods and the guys would just wander off a bit to relieve themselves and show up again a minute later.  No one ever screamed "Oh my God, did you wash your hands?"  Hell, the guys used to joke "if you shake it more than three times you're just playing with yourself".  (And for semi-full disclosure, while the girls would stash toilet paper in their jeans pockets, our real worry was not peeing on our pants when we visited the girls 'bathroom' area.)

Good times, and not a fully equipped bathroom in sight.

Really, if he remembered not washing up even once, what was he supposed to say?

He was supposed to say yes. No one would have known, and even if they released the results, he could just say it was wrong.

Which is not strategizing at all.  No sirreee!

But Chris is, of course, there for the right reasons, so it's OK.

I wonder whether it's just a coincidence because it's just been sight-seeing in Europe or she put the kibosh on anything else that takes any kind of stamina.

In this way, Andi's season is reminiscent of Emily's to me. The guys standing around looking like they're freezing and the bachelorette wrapped up in sweaters and coats. 

I can usually see why the person being ganged up on is so annoying to the others, even if I don't think bullying them makes anyone more attractive, but this time it really just seems like producer manipulation. Yeah, Nick doesn't have to voice his confidence to the others, but then again I don't see why it's such a crime. He has every reason to be confident, because everyone with two eyes and half a brain can tell that Andi's been pretty smitten with him since day one. I do think she's also smitten with Josh though, which might come as a surprise to Nick, but he's definitely heading to the finale, so his confidence isn't unfounded. And even though he is a salesman, I do think Andi IS falling for him, so him saying that isn't just mind games. More so an explanation for why he's feeling so confident. She's said herself since early on and she feels like he "sees" her and said it again in this episode, so sounds like he isn't that far off. It just seems like he couldn't win no matter how he acts with the other guys, because if he says he's sure about their connection he's arrogant according to them, and if he says nothing, he's not really interested in Andi. To me he just seems like the type who doesn't want to talk about his feelings towards a woman to a bunch of others who are also dating her, so instead he talks about how the show works and so on. I don't see a problem with that nor studying past seasons, because everyone who isn't stupid would do that. It just seems like pure jealousy on behalf of the guys with the weakest connections. They all came off a bit dim in that argument after the group date, especially Brian, and I don't like Chris anymore either. I'm still baffled about them getting pissed at Nick for consoling Andi after the argument with Eric. As far as I could tell any one of them could've done it if they wanted to, but they rather just sat around gossiping while the object of their so called affection was sitting alone and upset. Nick acted like a boyfriend would and they got all offended about it. I'm in no way attracted to Nick myself, but the chemistry between him and Andi is undeniable, so I can't help but side with him. This show is about finding a mate after all, not some nice guy popularity contest. And whoever gets personally offended by someone voicing their confidence needs to grow a pair. It's not his fault you're insecure and trying to force a relationship with someone who isn't into you.

Josh bores me and seems too serious about everything, but I too think he might end up as the chosen one. He's Andi's type and she's into him. It would also be the easiest relationship to follow through with, since they live in the same city. Then again, Andi quitting her job points to her hoping for some media career, so she might not want to stay in Atlanta anyway. I just don't think Josh is really as into her as he claims. It seems like he was forced to say he's falling in love, because Andi kept begging for some declaration. It didn't exactly roll off his tongue.

Marcus is a nice guy, but kind of boring and just too young. I wouldn't trust his love to be real at all. Seems like a text book case of falling in love with the idea of falling in love.

• Love 1
But Chris is, of course, there for the right reasons, so it's OK.

I have a feeling Chris was just responding to a question.  And if you notice, when they are having their whine fest, a camera crew just happens to be present.  Let’s face it, this has been a rather boring, lack luster season.  There is no Graham, Bentley or Brooks to break the Bachelorette’s heart, and no Arie to swoon over. The only thing they have is whether or not Nick is there for the right reason.  Who cares?  It reminds me of Sean’s boring season, where they had to hide the fact that he was only interested in whats-her-face, so for drama, they pitted all the ladies against I think it was Chiera (can’t remember her name).

Again for me, it brings back a lot of memories of the salesmen my girlfriends and I would date when we were younger. It actually became a running joke after a while, and when we would go out, salesmen joined our RUN! list of guys that also included grills and runny noses among other things.

I can't! Wise, but funny. I'd add neck tattoos to the list, as I believe there is a positive correlation to the size/number of tattoos in that area and being incarcerated at some point in your life.  

Nick is chipmunky cute, but the smug vibe, intentional or not, makes him less attractive.  It's interesting that Marcus is considered too young (though isn't he Andi's age?), because every time Nick speaks to Andi, he sounds about ten years younger than he is.  And that's on top of being the oldest one left.  Mind you, Josh isn't especially articulate, either, so I suspect I will be more fast-forwarding even more than usual for the F2. The show gets the Cliff Notes treatment as it is.

I find Chris to be the most attractive one remaining (that scene where he's comforting Dylan after the tragedy confession stuck with me), despite Marcus being the most conventionally handsome.  Something is off with Josh's face - his hairline and his forehead and his veneer-like teeth don't mesh. Taken individually, those things can be attractive, but the sum of Josh's parts is wonky.  In any case, I've never found him attractive, though he's smarter than he looks.     

The only thing they have is whether or not Nick is there for the right reason.  Who cares?  It reminds me of Sean’s boring season, where they had to hide the fact that he was only interested in whats-her-face, so for drama, they pitted all the ladies against I think it was Chiera (can’t remember her name).

This is hilarious, especially since I read this as Chimera, which made me think of that disease from Mission Impossible 2. But yeah, nothing else is going on, so the Nick edit is in full effect.

• Love 1
(edited)

Sharleen's recap http://www.alltheprettypandas.com/recaps/ - in which she pretty much confirmed the whole "sneaking out to see Andi and getting the room key" was all bullshit. As if we didn't already know but nice to have it confirmed by a former contestant. And once again, it's like she's just in my head. Her opinions on Josh and Andi are literally like word for word what I think, especially her noting that something may have been spliced and diced during the day part of their date. I thought the same thing and have thought so before in some of their other interactions.

I often find with Andi and Josh, her mood and the tone of their interaction will change and I can't figure what just happened and why it did and what's going on. And I too was really baffled by how unnecessarily sour she looked during that part. Yeah she wanted to hear him say he loved her but still she just seemed to get all pissy when all he said was he was most looking forward to seeing his family and telling them everything and her talking to them too. It was just strange. 

I agree with Sharleen that this is so obviously between Nick and Josh and she is so going to pick Josh and on one hand I can see how they might have a better shot than many of the couples that have come from this show, what with being from the same city, his being her type, I think I heard her dad is a huge fan of whatever University Josh's brother played for, etc. But some of their interactions make me think they may implode. Like the passion's there and it may be one of those relationships that's just passionate good and bad but lasts or it just implodes very quickly. 

Also, Sharleen's Nick-love is just adorable. I love how she's like unapologetically on #TeamNick and I loved her calling out that bullshit gang-up on Nick and actually transcribing the stupidity of it. I also agreed with her that some of them looked slightly wasted too which probably just added to the stupidity of it all. Brian especially looked all red and slightly tipsy and was making no sense at all.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1
One thing no one can dispute about is this season is that it has several guys who are legitimately falling for the Bachelorette. Say what you want about past seasons, very few of them had so many contestants this hardcore emotionally invested in the girl herself.

I've been skeptical about Sharleen's recaps, but she completely lost me with this.  Several guys legitimately falling for Andi? Emotionally invested? Yet she's calling shenanigans on editing and such? (only in regards to Nick, apparently) Doesn't make much sense to me. How can sincerity from anyone be parsed when she believes that Andi, in one instance, is likely being told what to say? And how does she know that none of the men aren't? To quote her: Are we watching the same show?

• Love 1

@Rhondinella : nope, French born and bred but I love Bruxelles. It's a beautiful european city to go on a week-end : with the Thalys from Paris, it's now at 1h30. If any of you go to France on vacation, I can only recommend you take the trip, it's worth it.

I didn't post under this name on TWoP. But I rarely posted on TWoP, I doubt my nickname would evoke something to somebody. I lurked a lot more than I do here ! 

• Love 1

I've been skeptical about Sharleen's recaps, but she completely lost me with this.  Several guys legitimately falling for Andi? Emotionally invested? Yet she's calling shenanigans on editing and such? (only in regards to Nick, apparently) Doesn't make much sense to me. How can sincerity from anyone be parsed when she believes that Andi, in one instance, is likely being told what to say? And how does she know that none of the men aren't? To quote her: Are we watching the same show?

Fair point but keep in mind, Sharleen came off Juan Pablo's season who by the end the only people who could stand him was Nikki and Claire and the moment he rejected Claire at the Final Rose ceremony she went off on him too. So I think from that perspective, I can see why she's saying the guys seem invested and all that. Of course most of those guys' feelings were from being in the bubble and thinking they were in love with Andi rather than actually being in love with her, but I do think at that time, in the moment, they certainly believed they were. And if nothing else, they do seem to genuinely like her, at least the ones who are left. Can't speak for the guys who left much earlier. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Fair point but keep in mind, Sharleen came off Juan Pablo's season who by the end the only people who could stand him was Nikki and Claire and the moment he rejected Claire at the Final Rose ceremony she went off on him too. So I think from that perspective, I can see why she's saying the guys seem invested and all that.

This is a very good point. If anything, Sharleen was the one who was on an atypical season of the Bachelor. I mean, god, the CREW--and Harrison himself--even hated Juan Pablo! (Although Harrison tried to be diplomatic by saying he didn't hate JP while simultaneously saying things that could clearly be inferred as deep hatred.) I have absolutely no doubts about what Sharleen is saying about the producer prompts and the Frankenbytes and the refilmed talking heads. (Ashley's TH after Bentley left was obviously filmed later--same outfit but different hair and makep...not to mention everything she was saying about him being an asshole was in direct opposition to what she was sobbing about live.) But that's exactly why she SHOULDN'T trust what everything they're saying is sincere.

Edited by JenE4

Sharleen is totally losing me with her NickLove. Forget about whether or not he's arrogant, or strategizes too much, or how he deals with the other guys. He's creepy. Maybe it's a guy thing; the faux-sensitive BS artist type is so easy to spot, and much more objectionable than your garden-variety confrontational a-hole.

• Love 7

It looks like Chris is growing a goatee, and I'm thinking I like it.  I'm not usually into facial hair, but I think it suits him.  Though none of the guys appear to be shaving too closely, Chris' looks deliberate as opposed to just slovenly....(Hello Nick!)  *LOL*

While I don't agree with most of Sharleen's blogs, she does have a right to her opinions.   If Nick isn't the last man standing, perhaps he should give her a call. 

Yeah I don't understand the people commenting on her blog almost like they're trying to make a case and get her to change her opinions. It's ridiculous. If a person thinks Nick is creepy, arrogant, then good for them but it doesn't make it it an absolute fact.

It's all just opinions and Sharleen has every right to feel as she does. I personally don't think Nick is creepy either - arrogant sure, but I actually find him quite attractive while none of the other guys have done a thing for me. I find Josh too jock like, Chris has no neck and Marcus is just blandly good looking to me. But hey, that's just me. I'm sure others disagree. On a side note, I think Sharleen and Nick would make a very attractive couple. I ship it.

• Love 2

I don't know how the guys (minus Nick) can even respect Andy at this point, they have to be thinking she's a dumbo for falling for Nick so blindly. I'd love this season if all the guys walk together and tell Andy. Here's Nick, good luck with this. 

I think Andy deserves Nick. It would be fitting considering how much she flips out and gets defensive over every little thing. 

• Love 3

I just read the comments on Sharleen's blog, expecting her to be raked over the coals for her Nick love. Maybe I expected worse?  Some disagree with her, but she's making her opinion public, and seems to encourage feedback.  I've never commented on her blog, but she chose to make her opinion public.  It's inevitable that some may (vehemently) disagree.  Several of the comments echo her feelings on Nick, one in passionate all caps.  

Fair point but keep in mind, Sharleen came off Juan Pablo's season who by the end the only people who could stand him was Nikki and Claire and the moment he rejected Claire at the Final Rose ceremony she went off on him too. So I think from that perspective, I can see why she's saying the guys seem invested and all that.

That makes sense.  It was the "no one can dispute" part of her statement that gave me pause. She's certainly entitled to her view, but I read that statement as Sharleen going beyond an opinion and asserting a fact.   

This is a very good point. If anything, Sharleen was the one who was on an atypical season of the Bachelor. I mean, god, the CREW--and Harrison himself--even hated Juan Pablo! (Although Harrison tried to be diplomatic by saying he didn't hate JP while simultaneously saying things that could clearly be inferred as deep hatred.) I have absolutely no doubts about what Sharleen is saying about the producer prompts and the Frankenbytes and the refilmed talking heads. (Ashley's TH after Bentley left was obviously filmed later--same outfit but different hair and makep...not to mention everything she was saying about him being an asshole was in direct opposition to what she was sobbing about live.) But that's exactly why she SHOULDN'T trust what everything they're saying is sincere.

Exactly. I can believe the BTS shenanigans as well.  It just seems contradictory to include that, but also make a statement like, "No one can dispute several guys are legitimately falling for Andi."  Sure it can be disputed, just by the nature of her view on editing and producer manipulation.  It's entirely possible that some men legitimately fell for Andi, but no one really knows that except the men themselves. I see a lot of physical attraction between Andi and Nick/Josh, but that doesn't mean anyone, including Andi, is in love, either.  To me, if you question anything that's being said on screen due to editing, then everything is suspect because we're not getting the show live in any shape, form, or fashion. 

If Nick isn't the last man standing, perhaps he should give her a call. 

And Nick can read her blogs, and then validate her feelings by telling her how she feels about him, heh. 

I agree with Sharleen that this is an unusually "invested" bunch. I think F6 are overall more attractive, nicer and much more "in love" with the B-ette than the usual F6. Andi's got to feel pretty good about that. (It always surprises me when men who probably have dated women for years without saying or feeling "I love you" suddenly get to that point in Bachelor World after just a few group dates, maybe a one-on-one date, and a few brief conversations. Past girlfriends probably find this show maddening!

I was surprised how Brian and Dylan were so upset. Also touched by Nick crying in his TH about how much this relationship means to him. It was hard to read Josh during the group pile-on. Was he jealous? Or just trying to stay out of it. I find Chris's facial expressions the easiest to read of the bunch. The rest are either blank or --possibly smug/possibly self-protective like Nick or possibly controlling/possibly self disciplined like Josh.

As for Nick's "strategizing", it was like they think he's trying to become the next bachelor. That doesn't make any sense when you see how hard he's trying to win her over. The "next bachelor" would be best positioned as F2, not as the winner.  

Did they ever think that Nick might be trying to make small talk with all that "what's happening next?" "who'll be on the date?" stuff? If you don't have much in common, it seems like talking about the experience you're sharing isn't such a bad idea. (I liked when, in the middle of the pile on, Nick started his sentence to Chris with, "You and I are friends..." or "We're friends, but...")

Brian looked like he'd had a few too many, but "You're too smart!" really isn't much of a criticism. I wonder if that's part of their problem with Nick, that he's the most verbal, talkative, articulate one there and it makes them uncomfortable in the "frat house".

• Love 1

Sharleen is totally losing me with her NickLove. Forget about whether or not he's arrogant, or strategizes too much, or how he deals with the other guys. He's creepy. Maybe it's a guy thing; the faux-sensitive BS artist type is so easy to spot, and much more objectionable than your garden-variety confrontational a-hole.

Yep, me too. I've enjoyed her previous blogs because of her snark and her inside info but this week she just lost all objectivity and gave us an all out fan letter to Nick. She also did a whole lot of sucking up to Andi. It's all personal opinion and she's liked the two of them from the beginning which she's completely entitled to do but she lost me as a reader since my personal opinion diverges so completely from hers. Andi has become more unlikeable to me by the week and Nick imo has always been an arrogant prig.

As to having so many guys falling in love with her, I think the producers really laid on the Stockholm Syndrome manipulation this year. Never have so many guys - from the very first week - been so over-the-top gushy about Andi being so beautiful and attractive and smart and wonderful and yada yada yada. Many of us have been commenting about that since the beginning and it just makes no sense that so many guys who have barely talked to her have fallen in love. Producer manipulation at its finest methinks.

• Love 4
She also did a whole lot of sucking up to Andi.

Actually I think she's been fairly critical of Andi at times - she agreed with others that Andi over-reacted in the situation with Eric, that she was too sensitive and misunderstood what he was saying. And she seemed to put a lot of blame on Andi in how things went with her and Josh in the day portion of their date. She pretty much stated that Andi seemed to be judging Josh for no reason and I loved her posting a screenshot of Andi's pissy face. 

• Love 2

I definitely agree with most things Sharleen is saying. Not sure about the unusually high number of invested guys though. I think in most seasons the final 4 at least claim to be falling in love, not that it means much, but I'm not really convinced about the feelings of many of the guys this season either. Marcus definitely thinks he's in love and Nick has strong feelings too, unless he's a total bullshitter, but I'm not so sure about the rest. Think they might just be suffering from Stockholm syndrome, which happens in most seasons. But I do like that Sharleen's pointing out the things Andi does wrong and that she likes Nick, because honestly, he is the only half interesting guy in left. Josh seems too mememe, Marcus is boring and a little creepy to me and Chris is nice enough, when he's not being a whiny bitch about Nick, but he's not the one for Andi. I also like how unbothered Nick is whenever the guys start going after him. That alone makes him more likeable than the rest. I don't find him creepy either.

• Love 2
(edited)
I don't know how the guys (minus Nick) can even respect Andy at this point, they have to be thinking she's a dumbo for falling for Nick so blindly. I'd love this season if all the guys walk together and tell Andy.

I don't understand what Andi has done so wrong in falling for Nick or how her falling for him is so offensive that the guys should lose respect for her for it. Nick is not Bentley who was basically shit-talking Ashley to the camera while she blindly fell for him, or Brooks who could not look less into Des while she blindly kept going on about how much she loved him and anyone with eyes could see how not into her he was. No one has mentioned Nick having a girlfriend back home, lying about himself, etc. Not to mention I fail to see what makes any of those guys so amazing or special or frankly better men than Nick that they would be in a position to lose respect for Andi just because of her feelings for Nick. 

As noted in all the bitching and whining, they couldn't seem to pinpoint exactly what Nick had done so wrong or what made him so awful. Brian's big complaint was "you said you're certain of HTD, well I'm certainly not and I'm incredibly nervous..." Okay and... This is what you judge someone and hate them for? Because basically he had little confidence in Andi's feelings for him and belief that she'd pick him? That's Nick's fault because he admitted to not being worried?

And that's basically all their repetitive bitching and whinging has been - i.e. Nick is arrogant and Nick thinks he's Andi's favorite and Nick thinks he has a great connection with Andi. Well yeah, when she sucks face with him all over the place, goes off with him after coming off a one on one, gives him a group date rose so he's the first person she picks to take to HTD and gives more one on one time when just coming off his second one on one, gives him the first impression rose, gives him the first second one on one, etc. says how she feels like she's the most comfortable with him, says she feels like he really sees her and who she is, etc. 

And admittedly the guys don't see many of these things but that's just it, they don't know what the relationship/interaction is with Andi and Nick and so to get so offended when he says he believes they have a great connection and because he's not willing to downplay his feelings to make them feel better is ridiculous. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

The funny thing to me is if I were in a house like that and another contestant was talking about the amazing connection she had with the Bachelor (and they -did- seem to be hitting it off, based on one-on-ones etc.) and how confident she was in their relationship etc.--or at least not downplaying the chemistry at all, I'd probably pull back and think "Hmm... guess I'm not going to be F1."  Maybe it would be gamesmanship (and easy to do vs. me, lol) but I'd actually be glad to know if the "prize" was showing more attention to someone else and feel I was better off knowing than deluding myself that I would be F1. I mean, at that point, I'd stick around for the great paid vacation but probably not "fight for it".

Then again, it's easy to forget these contestants are all "in love" (with someone they've spent little time with and have no idea if the feelings are really reciprocated or not). I've watched this show for many seasons and I still don't understand how it works, with all these people always "in love" with the lead by the end.

• Love 2

Then again, it's easy to forget these contestants are all "in love" (with someone they've spent little time with and have no idea if the feelings are really reciprocated or not). I've watched this show for many seasons and I still don't understand how it works, with all these people always "in love" with the lead by the end.

That's the most interesting part of this whole thing, from a psychological/sociological  perspective.  A bunch of guys competing for ONE girl, and they all have to convince themselves that she's worth it, that's she's the most desirable woman on the planet, in order to justify the competition.  Add in the exotic settings and romantic "dates", and they are able to buy into the delusion. 

In any other setting, some of these guys might approach Andi, or not, but would certainly not pursue her after such a short time, if they knew she was dating someone else.  And really, at a party or other setting where other women are present, and Andi is wearing "normal"  clothes (not an evening gown) they might not even look twice at her.   But when she's the ONLY woman, and all these other guys are vying for her attention, there's some weird competitive thing that kicks in. 

• Love 1

I haven't been herein a while. I was fearing there would be total Nick hate, happy to see not all fall fro the edit. 

Brian, Chris, Marquel and others are friends with Nick on FB and have been totally supportive go him. Some have even visited him in Chicago. To me, that speaks more than the crap edit and contrived bullshit.

On Nick's mom Facebook page, she posted a link to an article about what the edit is doing and how Nick wasn't a bad guy. I felt bad for her, she said it has been heartbreaking to see how the edit painted Nick.

I'd pick Nick any day over Josh….jocks just don't do it for me.

• Love 1
(edited)

I am not on Team Nick. I personally don't see the "wow factor" in looks or personality. However, I also don't get how the show is setting him up to be the villain. He might not click with the other guys, but, as was mentioned, he doesn't have a secret girlfriend or hasn't been talking bad about Andi to the cameras. There's no concrete reason for him to be getting the Wrong Reasons Edit. I understand that the show needs to play up drama, but it's almost making me feel sorry for the guy. He seems pretty smarmy and pompous, but since they've been playing up the Is Nick Evil? it just makes me say, No, he's not.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 2

Andi was on the cover of US Weekly this week.  It said that she graduated law school in 2012.  That means that she didn't officially pass the Bar until late October 2012.  

As far as I've been able to tell, filming for Juan Pablo's season started in mid-September 2013, so she was probably away with that from September through at least mid-December.  I believe filming on this season started in March 2014.

That means that, all together, she only has about a year of actual law practice after having passed the bar.  And yet she claims to have tried numerous murder cases. 

She's a bigger fraud that Juan Pablo.

• Love 1

I wonder if "tried many murder cases" really translates to "fetched coffee and did research for lawyers who tried many murder cases"?

Yes! When DH was still practicing law, the first year lawyers were all research drones. But I don't think they fetched coffee. ;-)

• Love 1

Yes, that probably would have been a better spelling, I agree :-)

Yes! When DH was still practicing law, the first year lawyers were all research drones.

Well, everything I know about first-year law associates I learned from reading John Grisham, so I know enough to know that The Good Wife does a terribly unrealistic job of showing what lawyers do in their first couple years at a firm.  Trying murder cases?  I don't think so.

• Love 1

"I'm glad you're a good eater" (which is what Andi told Marcus on their date) is really something only moms and grandmas should say. It was weird. Also, is Marcus seriously 25? He cannot be 25.

I am just really judgmental or do people come to dating shows with a lot of baggage? I didn't have perfect childhood and I don't have a perfect life but relatively speaking I think I've experienced considerably less dysfunction and loss than the people who go on reality TV. Of course, that might be a self selection kind of thing.

• Love 2

"I'm glad you're a good eater"..."You're my Cookie Monster!" and "(blahblah) Farm Boy" imo should have been dismissive tip offs (maybe affectionate interest from someone else, but Andi likes men who she thinks are stereotypes of strong masculinity and someone she doesn't feel "better" than, imo. I think she found Marcus too dull, no chemistry with Marquel and there's no way in hell she could see herself on a farm, no matter how big and prosperous. JMO, but it would have been easy to call her F2 (imo, her F1) from the beginning. She tried to show interest in all, esp. in TH, but she's just not that great an actress.

• Love 1