Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E28: Power of Veto #9

• Start Topic

Poor Nick, he's Sean Penn & doesn't even know it ( Dead Man Walking-- not Jeff Spicoli ! ). Telling Tommy was probably not the smartest thing, but of course, Nick doesn't know Tommy & Christie have history. I get really sick of hearing Christie talk & talk ! Really wish it is her going home, but I'm sure it's not. 

Zingbot was really lame this year. They need better writers for the zings. And the rest of his act was just dumb.

I kind of over this whole season. I hope next year is better !

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Dear Zingy,

You're supposed to insult the HGs, not just... speak the truth. That was pretty lame. 

Signed,
Me
Zingbot's #1 fan

This gang of dullards may be insult proof.  It's all poor Zingbot had.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I thought Tommy's was by far the best. "Little Shop of Attention Whores." Clever and relating to him personally (given his job). Nicole's wasn't only mean, it was predictable (I actually said "you should feel right at home" before Zingbot did).

Zingbot was really good this year. Oh, wait -- that's more ... fake news. Zing!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I see Nick went to the Christie school of keeping secrets. He tells Jackson saying he shouldn't be telling them and then next we see him also tell the next person he sees in Tommy... way to go there.

The "zings" were definitely lame and tame this year... but he's not been 'funny' in years really.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

They did? That's weird. 

I wondered if the agent who stormed in at the end slipped on pie? Seriously, it must be everywhere. 

Despite everything I usually enjoy all the episodes. Apart from the pie throwing and the second hand embarrassment of watching Zingbot, I was sort of bored. Nothing unpredictable seems to be happening, strategy wise. 

• Love 3

I thought blurring Cliff's manboobs was the only clever part of that whole scene.

We talk a lot about hating the procedural monotonies of having four people tell us how a comp works, "This is the nomination ceremony..." blah blah blah and so I feel it worth mentioning this is the second veto win where Jackson has skipped the "You each get a chance to tell me why I should use the veto on you." portion and gone right from "This is the veto meeting" to "I choose not to use the veto." Amen.

I, for one, love it. If only we could do that on voting night. I hate those speeches, even more so when they thank CBS and their long lost paw paw Hooter for looking out for them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Tdoc72 said:

Not sure why they felt the need to blur Cliff’s nipple. Weird. 

I don’t think they really felt they needed to. I thought it was a joke by production. Like, if they’re going to say it looks like Cliff has breasts, then that’s how they’ll  treat them

• Love 10

These people are so boring that it was basically impossible to come up with any good zings. Jackson’s zing made me laugh though because it wasn’t even really a zing, it was just straight up “You’re a dick. The end.” 

I’m clearly a horrible person because it bugs me that Christie wasn’t more upset about America siding with Nick. 

• Love 4

I HATE zingbot's voice, it's painful to listen to.  y

But I also hate how he comes on and says "you're the biggest group of losers I've ever seen,"  and they all laugh hysterically as if that is the funniest, wittiest thing they ever heard.  (wait till they read social media after the show, they'll see that zingbot isn't the only one who thinks so) 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I thought calling Holly an old buzzard was pretty hilarious. Didn't they say she was 28 on the show? I just checked the website and they have her as 31. She's still an old looking 31 year old. I say that as a 32 year old. But if I was her, I'd be pissed at how hard Pompous Douchebag was laughing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Anyone beside me hoping that the 'present' Zingbot had in the box for Nick was a shirt, instead of that bowl that it turned out to be? Sick of seeing his dad bod and tacky tats.

Just me? Alrighty then, I'll show myself out.

• Love 7

If Zingbot is going to continue, could they please drop the stupid "skits?"  This time it was President Zingbot in jail?  Oh, hahaha.  And the agent was possibly more annoying than Zingbot himself.  The fact that he was still screaming "Whyyyyyyyy!!?" in the backyard as the houseguests were heading back in the house was so random - no one even reacted.  The entire thing was lame.

And maybe I'm just extra grouchy but pie in the face, after the first couple of times, gets exponentially less funny.  I suppose these people are so starved for something to do, they find it knee-slappingly hysterical whenever anyone gets face-pied, but I'm over it.  I may have smiled just a touch at the Veto ceremony while Christie and Nick sat stunned in their seats with tears in their eyes, waiting for Snackson to get pied, but that's only because I can't stand Christie or Nick.

I have to wonder if/when Christie and Tommy make the final two, how angry will the houseguests be when they discover the fact that they know each other on the outside?

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Rosebud1970 said:

Anyone beside me hoping that the 'present' Zingbot had in the box for Nick was a shirt, instead of that bowl that it turned out to be?

Would have been more fitting if it were a dick in the box.

Too soon?

(slouches out)

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

And the agent was possibly more annoying than Zingbot himself. 

I'm at a point where I automatically hate any visitor who isn't the "ZERO STARS!!!!" guy. Anyone else is a let down.

• Love 2

They really do need to retire Zingbot if this is the best they can do. He needs new writers. The zings have been getting dumber every season for some reason.

These people are so boring that it was basically impossible to come up with any good zings.

I don't think that's the problem. Jackson alone is a veritable well of mockability. They just aren't putting any effort into coming up with something even a tad clever or witty.

The "agent" was the same actor who played the alien. I wonder who he is.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Rachel RSL said:

I'm at a point where I automatically hate any visitor who isn't the "ZERO STARS!!!!" guy. Anyone else is a let down.

I thought it was BB19 Steve (and thought it was weird that they didn't give him a chyron), but Twitter says it was zero stars guy??

• Useful 1
18 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

I had to mute zingbot. I'm well over that stupid thing .Move on BB!

I put closed captioning on when I realized Zingbot had arrived.  I finally understood what the stupid thing was saying.  Didn't make him any funnier, though...  I agree, Move on BB!

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

JFC can Christie finish a damn sentence without every other word being “LIKE” or “ I CAN’T EVEN”

You’re not 15!!

I was thinking that she needs to clean up her speech. Its exhausting like, listening to her literally speak, like all the time. 

Okay so, UO for some sorry, but for me, this is the first episode I found boring. 😞
Before I vote to <sadly> evict any memory of this episode from my brain, true confessions time, I am now scarily addicted the BB...omg I just need to figure out what live streaming service to pick that has all 20 past seasons, (suggestions for Canada please?) Sorry to digress!
Back to why I didn't like this episode. In addition to boring, zingbot was so jarring, that I had to turn down the volume (and I usually need it cranked to make up for my 80's rock concert damaged ears!)
In addition to that, ffs Tommy! Dial it back dude! You were almost tolerable last week, now you're amping it back up again??
This episode, surprisingly did not have much to laugh at really either... which usually isn't that hard for me to find.
But the worst is... it looks like Christie Crunch is staying! <insert/delete profanity rant here>

So even though I didn't mind being unspoiled these past 2 weeks, I do think part of the reason that I found it boring, is that I've fallen behind 35 pages in the live feed thread (and I refuse to jump ahead)...anyway I miss all the behind the scenes details that make the actual show sometimes more interesting or helpful.
Anyway, so glad to recognise and read some hilarious LF posters over here! Dashing over there now to do some catching up!

What an emotional rollercoaster this show is!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, leocadia said:

The Agent, the alien, Zero stars guy and Brett's grandmother!  All the same guy.

Really? I knew Grandma, Zero Stars and the alien were the same guy (slimmer this season, I think) but I really thought this was a different guy. Now I’m sad, the universe clearly wants me to confuse me.