Type keyword(s) to search

LSSC: Season Five Episode Talk

• Start Topic

The Hunger Games isn't as timely a pop culture reference now.

Am I the only one who has a hard time understanding what the donkey is saying? Something Stephen said a while occur gave me the impression he can't understand it either.

• Love 2

"Of course it's dumb, you literally let the sun shine where the sun don't shine!" OMG I'M DEAD 😄 . 

Wow. I could've easily gone my entire life without ever learning about perineum sunning. Or hearing any of that about Brolin. Just. Why? 

On a significantly less WTF note...damn, Pelosi and Biden ripping off those gloves today, I see. But as an Iowan, I did enjoy Stephen's take on my state :D. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, ABay said:

Am I the only one who has a hard time understanding what the donkey is saying?

There was one night last week or the week before when I DID understand it. First and only time. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Wow. I could've easily gone my entire life without ever learning about perineum sunning. Or hearing any of that about Brolin. Just. Why? 

When Stephen was defining the perineum, I flashed back to this great exchange from Weeds:

Andy: Runway?
Doug: You know that little piece of skin that runs between your asshole and your balls, or asshole and vagina, that's called a runway.
Andy: That's called a taint, taint ass, taint equipment.
Doug: What the hell's that mean? No, I think "runway" is much more of a visual description.
Andy: It's a taint.
Doug: Runway.
Andy: This is a taint.
Andy: Hey, Lupita, settle an argument for us. What do you call the thing between the dick and the asshole?
Lupita: The coffee table.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

When Stephen was defining the perineum, I flashed back to this great exchange from Weeds:

Andy: Runway?
Doug: You know that little piece of skin that runs between your asshole and your balls, or asshole and vagina, that's called a runway.
Andy: That's called a taint, taint ass, taint equipment.
Doug: What the hell's that mean? No, I think "runway" is much more of a visual description.
Andy: It's a taint.
Andy: This is a taint.
Andy: Hey, Lupita, settle an argument for us. What do you call the thing between the dick and the asshole?
Lupita: The coffee table.

Legit laughing out loud at this :D. That's fantastic. 

9 minutes ago, opus said:

Whoever's been writing the song parodies lately deserves a raise.

Yes!

• Love 3

It was funny on Thursday when Stephen was praising the audience and saying he wished he had a crowd like them for Friday. It was even funnier “Friday” when he briefly broke into a hora dance again, and then mimed, “No, no, that was last night!”

Also, the search for Trump’s new African American was hilarious!

• Love 7

The last one was the only song parody I haven't loved. They had to cram another syllable in a few times, not just for "Nancy". They should've gone with "Nance" and found other words that fit the rhythm of the original.

I keep thinking of Bill Nighy's character in Love Actually mocking the extra syllable in his song.

• Love 1

I really enjoyed Jim Anchorton trying to find Trump's new African American (I recognize these are not normal words to write). "Can I look at it (Trump's cutout) any way I want?" <stares hard>

"You couldn't pay me enough!"

"This is an unpaid position.

"That's a deal breaker."

Same ya'll. Same.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, BookThief said:

I really enjoyed Jim Anchorton trying to find Trump's new African American (I recognize these are not normal words to write). "Can I look at it (Trump's cutout) any way I want?" <stares hard>

"You couldn't pay me enough!"

"This is an unpaid position.

"That's a deal breaker."

Same ya'll. Same.

The stare was great. My favorite was "Hell no". 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Holy shit, that segment on Trump talking about toilets flushing. That was absolutely hysterical. For some reason, when Stephen said, "What's he trying to flush, a body?", I immediately started thinking about the show "Dateline" :p. It just gave me a really funny mental image. 

I also loved the look on his face after the clip of Trump talking about the slow drip of water or whatever it was. Yeah, that pretty much sums up my reaction to his comments, too, Stephen. Actual comments from our president. Wow. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

I was really hoping Stephen would have done a live show.  

I agree.  I think it would have been much more effective had he done a live show, after the impeachment was finalized.  

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I agree.  I think it would have been much more effective had he done a live show, after the impeachment was finalized.  

Yes, but I knew he wouldn't.  Keeping the audience another 5+ hours, the crew, people have plans.  Wasn't going to happen.

Just now, TV Diva Queen said:

Yes, but I knew he wouldn't.  Keeping the audience another 5+ hours (many wouldn't even stay as they have dinner reservations, tickets to a play or musical), the crew has plans (union might night allow it).  Wasn't going to happen.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Yes, but I knew he wouldn't.  Keeping the audience another 5+ hours, the crew, people have plans.  Wasn't going to happen.

But this would have been a one-off event, and I think the audience would have been ok with staying late; it's not like they would have been surprised.  Plus, I think the crew wouldn't have had a problem with it either, maybe getting paid for overtime?  

I think Fallon and Kimmel have done live shows too. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

But this would have been a one-off event, and I think the audience would have been ok with staying late; it's not like they would have been surprised.  Plus, I think the crew wouldn't have had a problem with it either, maybe getting paid for overtime?  

I think Fallon and Kimmel have done live shows too. 

you just can't make up a live show when you already have a taped show planned.  That isn't how it works.  I would also bet that the union crew have it built into their contract that they can only do x aount of live shows. 

I for one would never hang around an extra 5 hours in an ice cold studio.  The majority of the audience is only in NYC for short vacation, where probably every hour is accounted for. If I'm at the 5:30 taping, you can bet your botton dollar that at 8p, I will have tickets to a show, or a coveted dinner reservation and no way would I give that up.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DXD526 said:

Hooray for the glorious return of John Lithgow as 'Rudy Guiliani'! I understand his frustration with all the butt dials to reporters: "My butt is a constant source of leaks!"

I loved how Stephen could barely keep a straight face at that line :D. 

Speaking of LIthgow, between his involvement and Theron's interview last night and all the talk about the other great performances in that film, I really want to see Bombshell

Edited by Annber03
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

you just can't make up a live show when you already have a taped show planned.  That isn't how it works.  I would also bet that the union crew have it built into their contract that they can only do x aount of live shows. 

I for one would never hang around an extra 5 hours in an ice cold studio.  The majority of the audience is only in NYC for short vacation, where probably every hour is accounted for. If I'm at the 5:30 taping, you can bet your botton dollar that at 8p, I will have tickets to a show, or a coveted dinner reservation and no way would I give that up.  

Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Trevor Noah (The Daily Show) will be live after the Democratic Debate tonight, for those who like live shows.

If I kept getting into trouble with butt dials, I'd find another way to carry my phone. But it's not like Rudy is careful in other ways, either, so I guess it fits.

Theron talking about the women of Fox starting Me Too was kind of a head scratcher to me. Yes, some of them sued, but they weren't the originators of the movement.

• Love 4

After everything that's happened, this was the best Stephen could do on impeachment?  Good grief, Charlie Brown.  I am beyond disappointed.

I didn't realize Showtime was picking up Our Cartoon President for another season.  

• Love 3

I think last night's episode was probably taped the same night as Wednesday's (which would probably explain part of why they didn't do a live show Wednesday night). So if that's the case, that would probably explain why they didn't do more with the impeachment stuff. 

The interview with Jennifer Hudson was really fun :). And I liked that song Norah Jones and Sharon Von Etten did together, too. 

Also, Stephen's puppy :D!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, meowmommy said:

After everything that's happened, this was the best Stephen could do on impeachment?  Good grief, Charlie Brown.  I am beyond disappointed.

Me too.  For the last couple of years Stephen has pretty much made his bones, hilariously jumping all over Trump, and that's what brought in more viewers like me.  So when we finally got to the actual impeachment, I was expecting more from him. 

• Love 1

The Tina performance although technically nice, lacked the Tina Tuner style. If she had performed the dance of a Jane Fonda video on Fast-Forward, it might have been more obvious that the performance was too slow and was missing the labored, controlled breathing that is the hallmark all of Tina's performances.

• Love 1

I saw that Tina performance on another show and I was disappointed, both in her singing and her dance moves.  She isn't very good, IMO.  Plus, while her legs are nice they're no match for Tina's.

I too was disappointed in the “Tina”  performance because it wasn’t even a little bit of an impersonation. But once I accepted that, I did think the performer did capture something of Tina’s essence. Maybe she’ll get better at it as the run continues?

23 hours ago, opus said:

Wondering. Do you think enough happens at these Dem debates to validate the expense and effort of a live show? (Obviously, they do)

I am curious to know what additional expense and effort are involved in a live show later in the evening vs pretaping in the early evening.

14 hours ago, buttersister said:

Stephen retells the moment Elizabeth points out that she and Amy are the only candidates on stage who haven’t lost an election and his punchline paints her as emasculating. JFC, Stephen. WTF?

WTF indeed!   Even supposedly liberated men make those kinds of jokes all the time and never understand why women are pissed off.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, buttersister said:

Stephen retells the moment Elizabeth points out that she and Amy are the only candidates on stage who haven’t lost an election and his punchline paints her as emasculating. JFC, Stephen. WTF?

Emasculating in the most awesome possible way though.

• Love 4