Type keyword(s) to search

LSSC: Season Five Episode Talk

• Start Topic

The spot to discuss the episodes of season five (starting Tuesday, September 3, 2019)!

Please see pinned note in main forum with information about political discussion on Primetimer. Please keep discussion to the episodes and what happens on them.

Thank you!

• Love 1

Biden, Biden, Biden...

It’s a different time. Working with the other side is not as simple as he makes it out to be in this day and age. I do appreciate the few jabs he made towards himself during the interview. And joking about Michelle Obama as his VP if he were to become the nominee?!? I know he was joking and I know Michelle would probably turn it down, but don’t tease us like that, lol.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Biden, Biden, Biden...

It’s a different time. Working with the other side is not as simple as he makes it out to be in this day and age. I do appreciate the few jabs he made towards himself during the interview. And joking about Michelle Obama as his VP if he were to become the nominee?!? I know he was joking and I know Michelle would probably turn it down, but don’t tease us like that, lol.

Was the interview worth watching?  I have it on dvr and was thinking of skipping it.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

And joking about Michelle Obama as his VP if he were to become the nominee?!? I know he was joking and I know Michelle would probably turn it down, but don’t tease us like that, lol.

I didn't watch long enough to hear that Biden "joke," but if instead of being a joke it really happened, I wouldn't need to watch YouTube videos of LSSC to fall asleep at night, heh.

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I loved the Biden interview.

You can tell he was waiting for Stephen to ask him about his gaffes, with his joke about being on Jimmy Kimmel's show.  

18 hours ago, Brandi Maxxxx said:

Hermione OTP

What does this mean?

Edited by meowmommy
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

I loved the Biden interview.

I liked it, too. I think BIden does really well when talking with Stephen. The 'Jimmy Kimmel" joke was good.

16 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Biden, Biden, Biden...

It’s a different time. Working with the other side is not as simple as he makes it out to be in this day and age. 

Agreed. I sometimes wonder, though, if he and other Democrats keep saying things like that to try and placate the people who "just want both sides to get along" and whatnot. It'd be wonderful to have both parties working together, and if somebody can make that happen and get good stuff done as a result, fantastic.

But yeah, I think that'll be a lot easier said than done. I think, ultimately, most voters just want to know stuff is actually getting done, whether it happens with help from the other party or through the Democrats' own doing. 

And joking about Michelle Obama as his VP if he were to become the nominee?!? I know he was joking and I know Michelle would probably turn it down, but don’t tease us like that, lol.

Right? God, but we could dream...

20 hours ago, Brandi Maxxxx said:

Hurricane Dorian & Hermione OTP

Hee! I loved the weather fanfiction comment from the other night :D. And what was it he called Johnson last night? A midlife-crisis Draco? 

• Love 3

Tonight's (9/5/2019) "Meanwhile" segment made me LOL
--especially Melania's sleeves
Just me?
(humor is subjective) #MyMotherOfTheBrideDress

I really like to listen to Pete Buttegieg.
Any chance Michelle could be his running mate?
Or anyone's?

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Tonight's (9/5/2019) "Meanwhile" segment made me LOL
--especially Melania's sleeves
Just me?
(humor is subjective) #MyMotherOfTheBrideDress

I liked his comment after the bit about the tomato plant growing. "Oh, great. The rats are gardening now." 

I really like to listen to Pete Buttegieg.
Any chance Michelle could be his running mate?
Or anyone's?

I really like him, too. I loved his comments about why he discusses his faith the way he does, in contrast to the way other politicians have in the past. And his comment about the possibility of somebody serving in Afghanistan who wasn't alive when 9/11 happened was very sobering. 

I like that he's around my age, too. I like that this Democratic field has so many people of varying ages, so it feels like every age group has somebody who can speak on their behalf and address their concerns and such. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I like that he's around my age, too. I like that this Democratic field has so many people of varying ages, so it feels like every age group has somebody who can speak on their behalf and address their concerns and such. 

--and also that people who do not relate to their own age group can have someone to represent them (e.g., me: Boomer, my mind: Millennial)

--and yes to everything else in your post (including the tomato plant)

• Love 3
On Thursday, September 05, 2019 at 9:31 PM, Annber03 said:

I really like him, too. I loved his comments about why he discusses his faith the way he does

I was impressed with Buttegieg too. He's well spoken and someone I will keep an eye on.

• Love 4

Okay, for some reason, that clip of the guy playing "Amazing Grace" on bagpipes for that car cracked me the hell up :D. 

Good conversation with Kantor and Twohey. I'm gonna need to check out that She Said book. 

• Love 1

Oh, dear Stephen, you did NOT just use a Sharpie* to add to your List of Problems That Can Be Solved by Drowning Them in Booze, did you?!? (go to 1:11 mark at https://youtu.be/vS1C4D9SLgA)

OTOH, I was already laughing before Stephen accidentally transposed "penis" for "pizza" ("Supremely Gross")
--so apparently not too soon for me, since I was crying during the original hearings.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

OTOH, I was already laughing before Stephen accidentally transposed "penis" for "pizza" ("Supremely Gross")
--so apparently not too soon for me, since I was crying during the original hearings.

That was hysterical. I loved watching him just completely lose it :D. 

Also, so I've never seen anything Tom Hiddleston is in (I know, I know), but damn if he didn't come off charming as hell during that interview. I would've been fine with him and Stephen just spending the rest of the time spouting off Shakespeare monologues. That was nice. Yes. 

Sweet little tribute to Ric Ocasek at the end, too. 

• Love 6

At the beginning of the episode (Tuesday's), when they had the red white & blue glass panels all over the set, I thought, they'd better change them to the Brady house colors when they come on. And yes they did!  And yes I'm watching their HGTV show.  What's it to ya?

• Love 1

My mom recorded that show, but I don't know if she's watched it yet.

That was a really fun interview with the Brady gang 🙂. I particularly liked their memories of Florence Henderson and Robert Reed (Barry gently rubbing Maureen's back as she talked about how much she missed Florence was so sweet). It is amazing how popular that show continues to be all these years later. 

Also, I would totally watch that "NCIS" episode with them that Stephen pitched :D. 

• Love 7

FU, Billy Crystal.  A movie about a relationship where the two actors are 31 years apart in age (BC: 1948, Tiffany Haddish:  1979) is NOT a "May-September" romance.  It's fucking January - December.  Just once can we have a movie not designed to satisfy old men's wet dreams?

• Love 9

I was so sad for Stephen at the Emmys. I really like John Oliver, but I've never understood why he's won every award in that category for the past 4 years. Poor SC. I'm sure his heart was broken, even if he loves John.

On 9/19/2019 at 9:17 AM, meowmommy said:

FU, Billy Crystal.  A movie about a relationship where the two actors are 31 years apart in age (BC: 1948, Tiffany Haddish:  1979) is NOT a "May-September" romance.  It's fucking January - December.  Just once can we have a movie not designed to satisfy old men's wet dreams?

I may be wrong, but I thought she takes care of him, not romantically.

• Love 3

I really enjoyed Stephen's interview with Paul McCartney.  He seems like such a lovely and down-to-earth person.  This was one of my favorite late night interviews in a long, long time.  

• Love 6

I liked the interview, too :). So many great stories to share, and you can tell Stephen would've been happy to just let him keep on talking for however long he wanted if he could. 

I also loved him doing the whole "proud grandpa" thing of pulling out a picture of his grandkids :D. The other book ideas were fun, too-I particularly liked the AARP one :p. 

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, Fable said:

This was one of my favorite late night interviews in a long, long time.  

But weren't you just a teensy bit disappointed that he didn't jam at least one song with Jon and the band?  I'll bet they would have died for happy.

He was very witty and had great comebacks.  Grabbing Stephen's note cards to help him with the questions was hilarious.

And he might be 77 years old, but he's as much of a hottie as he was in the 60s.

Edited by meowmommy
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, meowmommy said:

But weren't you just a teensy bit disappointed that he didn't jam at least one song with Jon and the band?  I'll bet they would have died for happy.

He was very witty and had great comebacks.  Grabbing Stephen's note cards to help him with the questions was hilarious.

And he might be 77 years old, but he's as much of a hottie as he was in the 60s.

Yes, yes, yes to all of the above.

I accidentally posted this in the wrong thread:

18 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Surprised Sir Paul didn't perform (music) but he was still a thorough delight.

As great as the interview was, SC didn't seem as prepared as he could have been --but maybe it was just nervous fanboyishness.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, meowmommy said:

LOL.  I think they would have loved that, but personally, I loved listening to him talk and didn't mind that they reserved the time for his interview as opposed to playing.  I mean, I can listen to him on the radio or through tracks any day, but he had so many interesting things to say, I just loved hearing them.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I (unfortunately) sometimes watch The View so this is a great cross-post type a thing for me, lol.

I don't like how rude Whoopi was to Colbert when he asked her about yesterday's big news. Colbert obviously was going to ask you about it, Whoopi. Ugh. Don't go on these shows if you're going to be a bitch for no reason. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

I (unfortunately) sometimes watch The View so this is a great cross-post type a thing for me, lol.

I don't like how rude Whoopi was to Colbert when he asked her about yesterday's big news. Colbert obviously was going to ask you about it, Whoopi. Ugh. Don't go on these shows if you're going to be a bitch for no reason. 

She kinda contradicted herself, 'cause on the one hand she was saying, "I just want to block it all out and have fun", but then she goes into a big speech about how you should care about all of this. 

Fully agreed with her on the importance of voting, though. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Fable said:
On 9/24/2019 at 3:55 PM, meowmommy said:

LOL.  I think they would have loved that, but personally, I loved listening to him talk and didn't mind that they reserved the time for his interview as opposed to playing.  I mean, I can listen to him on the radio or through tracks any day, but he had so many interesting things to say, I just loved hearing them.

I’m going to assume Paul and Jon and the Humans did jam at least a little off camera. If not IRL, then in an alternate universe. 

• Love 6

While it sucks that the very fabric of our democracy has gone to hell in a hand basket, some of Colbert's best monologues have been this week, so it's a nice trade-off I suppose. Better to laugh than to cry at what's happening right now. I'm more grateful for all the late night hosts now than I've ever been!

• Love 16
5 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

While it sucks that the very fabric of our democracy has gone to hell in a hand basket, some of Colbert's best monologues have been this week, so it's a nice trade-off I suppose. Better to laugh than to cry at what's happening right now. I'm more grateful for all the late night hosts now than I've ever been!

God, same. 

I do like that I can see some excitement in Stephen during these monologues, too, though, because finally, for once, people aren't getting by so easily with all this craziness. I wouldn't blame anyone who's still wary to get their hopes up too high, but still, it's nice to see some significant action at long last. 

• Love 9

Patricia Heaton, on Friday.  I guess I've never seen her as herself, as opposed to a character.  She certainly had some strong convictions.  Which is fine. But maybe a little bit of a filter wouldn't hurt when you're talking about how successful you are and how it affects your costars.  "I might die tomorrow"????

• Love 3

I know Colbert discourages the audience from chanting “lock him up” - he’s done it before - but you can tell Hillary was enjoying it!

Lol @ Chelsea saying, “I think he [Trump] thinks about her [Hillary] some days more than I do.” 🤣🤣🤣

I think she’s right.

I also agree with Chelsea that her mom is a OG when it comes to being a gutsy woman! 

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 13