Type keyword(s) to search

LSSC: Season Five Episode Talk

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, blueray said:

That was cool that he did it live yesterday. I assume that the interview and performance were pre-recorded. I doubt he was interviewing Susan Rice at midnight. But then again maybe he was as she probably stayed awake to watch the convention.  

I thought she talked about the convention, so how could it be pre taped?

• Love 2
12 hours ago, kav said:

I thought she talked about the convention, so how could it be pre taped?

I don't recall if she did. But based on Warren's interview yesterday, I change my mind they are clearly live. They referenced the actual time the interview was happening and there was a part when she clearly didn't want to answer his question. And Stephan thought the sound wasn't working ;).

Has anyone else had issues with recording the last few episodes? My DVR didn't catch the last two and I don't know why when it was OK with the live ones on Monday and Tuesday.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I LOVED the color of Hillary’s blouse.  Her hair, however, was just tragic.

31 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I could not watch her hair. A ponytail would have been better than that. </shallow>

I was thinking that might have been why the lighting was so... dim... 

Considering what Stephen's hair has been looking like recently, Hillary looked dazzling by comparison.

I really like her when she's unleashed and snarky. I think she would have done better as a candidate if she'd shown this side of herself instead of trying so hard not to. It's tough being a woman candidate.

I liked her talking about debating DJT.

Warren refusing to answer and Stephen not getting it at first was hilarious to me.

• Love 10

I just finally *listened* to the YouTube segments of Stephen’s interview of HRC from a couple of nights ago and thoroughly enjoyed her. 
But I did have to lay my phone down next to me so I did not see the hair. 🙃

Edited by shapeshifter
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 8/22/2020 at 1:53 AM, possibilities said:

Considering what Stephen's hair has been looking like recently, Hillary looked dazzling by comparison.

I have no problem with how Stephen's hair has been looking, honestly. But that's just me.

• Love 10
49 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I am loving this monologue tonight :D. 

It's not working for me, but I doubt anything on that topic would. 
In one of my alternate universes he is covering other stuff this week. 
But, hey, if it cheers up you and his wife, that's enough.

• Love 2

I am with Stephen on Kimberly. Straight out of a 1960s Joan Crawford screaming transition. I was expecting her to say Trog any day. However, I was rolling with laughter at the cartoon critique of the RNC. I needed that.

Edited by Robert Lynch
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

It's not working for me, but I doubt anything on that topic would. 
In one of my alternate universes he is covering other stuff this week. 
But, hey, if it cheers up you and his wife, that's enough.

I agree with you.  I hadn't watched any of that footage, and the jokes weren't worth the trauma of watching.

But Laura Benanti can visit any time.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Victor the Crab said:

I quickly grabbed the remote and pressed mute just before Kimberly Guilfoyle started speaking. I had no intent on permanently damaging my eardrums.

Unfortunately I was so stunned by the volume of the vitriol that I could not grasp the remote --kind of like the can't-turn-away-from-the-train-wreck effect, or maybe more like adding to the traffic jam by watching the crop duster.

According the TitanTV, Stephen's 2nd guest tonight is supposed to be  Keanu Reeves, who should be the anti-vitriol (if needed). 

• Love 1

He seemed totally bored by Pelosi and barely even hiding his lack of interest in anything she said. I don't blame him. She was just putting out talking points and not really answering his questions. She seems so vague and checked out lately, right when we need leadership that inspires and mobilizes.

• Love 3
On 8/18/2020 at 11:11 PM, Annber03 said:

...transparent public toilets.

WHY? 

I heard a story about this on a local public radio station program's regularly featured segment "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly." Apparently the idea is that when the facilities are not in use, the walls are transparent, but once you go in and close the door they become opaque. I later saw a demonstration on the news and it's actually pretty cool. Myself, I wouldn't take the chance 😨

• Useful 4
9 hours ago, possibilities said:

He seemed totally bored by Pelosi and barely even hiding his lack of interest in anything she said. I don't blame him. She was just putting out talking points and not really answering his questions. She seems so vague and checked out lately, right when we need leadership that inspires and mobilizes.

Kind of, I'm not sure if he was bored or just tired. And that he kept interrupting her to go to a commercial. I know that probably was because they were live but it made it awkward. 

42 minutes ago, blueray said:
10 hours ago, possibilities said:

Kind of, I'm not sure if he was bored or just tired. And that he kept interrupting her to go to a commercial. I know that probably was because they were live but it made it awkward.

From a 3rd (and perhaps sleepy) point of view, I just thought Stephen had a list of questions for her and trusted that she did not need to be "drawn out" by an interviewer, that Pelosi would be pretty much a plug-n-play guest speaker. After all, she has been the Speaker of the House for a total of 5 years. 😉 

• Love 3

Like Stephen, there are times when I don't (or didn't) hate Chris Christie, and then he reminds me that he is a slimy, weaselly guy. And last night just proved it, I think once and for all. I'm not saying he had to be pro-Biden, but to still want to help Trump? Ick. And he pooh-poohed all of the legit criticisms and I don't think any of his defenses about what republicans want vs. what democrats want hold any water, especially when Trump is NOT doing those things he claims republicans defend. So. Whatever Chris Christie. I hope you're not invited on again for a good long while.

• Love 12

Christie said he weighed progressive policies against conservative ones and decided conservative ones were better. Interesting that he chose the word 'progressive' instead of the usual 'liberal' or 'Democrat' that a Republican would normally use in that instance. So is he saying that he considered progress, but decided against it? Is he admitting that conservatism is regressive? That's what he seemed to be saying, possibly unbeknownst to even himself. And he's implying that's a good thing? That's what he seemed to be saying.

I don't understand Stephen's bromance with this guy.

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, DXD526 said:

I don't understand Stephen's bromance with this guy.

I think the bromance may be over (or at least for now). I think Stephen was even surprised by Christie's stance when it wasn't the stance he had before. When Christie was on other times (when it wasn't election season) I found him actually reasonable (not that I agreed with everything, but it was "reasonable"), much as I assume Stephen did. He was critical of Trump to the point that I figured he would never support him. So now...it's election time and "well, I prefer the republican stuff over the democrat stuff" was just so weak. It almost makes me wonder if someone has photos of Christie and his wife and the pool boy like Falwell...

Edited by BookThief
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, DXD526 said:

Christie said he weighed progressive policies against conservative ones and decided conservative ones were better. Interesting that he chose the word 'progressive' instead of the usual 'liberal' or 'Democrat' that a Republican would normally use in that instance. So is he saying that he considered progress, but decided against it? Is he admitting that conservatism is regressive? That's what he seemed to be saying, possibly unbeknownst to even himself. And he's implying that's a good thing? That's what he seemed to be saying.

God, seriously, I was rolling my eyes so hard during his explanation there. And the whole "too far to the left" thing...oh, please. I appreciate that Stephen didn't even try and hide how aghast he was with him over all of that. 

3 minutes ago, Robert Lynch said:

Does Christie think we forget what he did as governor of New Jersey? Yeah, Chris...keep telling yourself that.

Right? 

I just found it particularly sad he still wants to keep working for people who basically chewed him up and spat him out. Okay, dude. 

• Love 5

Why did Stephen think Christie would have a problem with corruption and election fixing? That stuff is Christie's brand, and his performance last night makes it clear he's not even denying it anymore.

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 5
On 8/28/2020 at 7:39 AM, BookThief said:

Like Stephen, there are times when I don't (or didn't) hate Chris Christie, and then he reminds me that he is a slimy, weaselly guy. And last night just proved it, I think once and for all. I'm not saying he had to be pro-Biden, but to still want to help Trump? Ick. And he pooh-poohed all of the legit criticisms and I don't think any of his defenses about what republicans want vs. what democrats want hold any water, especially when Trump is NOT doing those things he claims republicans defend. So. Whatever Chris Christie. I hope you're not invited on again for a good long while.

I did not have time to watch this until Friday night, and the interview was so appalling that I had to stop.  It made me wonder if Christie was angling for a Cabinet position in the second term.  

• Love 3