Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E22: Power of Veto #7

• Start Topic

Aw, Kat. So sweet in the veto with Cliff thing. And look at Tommy and Christie who are all like 'what....what's she cryin about...I don't get it'. 

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 7

This is the first episode this season where I've been really bored. Partly my fault of course, because I chose to be spoiled. Given that I was, the last half was super boring. Although it was touching to see Kat, Nicole and Jessica all crying about Kat and Cliff having to fight it out. 

So let me get this straight. According to Christie, God/The Universe didn't want her to be on the block because... she's too good of a person? But apparently The Universe is fine with everybody else being on the block because... they deserve it? And then Tommy taking her down proved to her she was right about The Universe all along. 

Silly Universe. Pranking Christie like that! 

Edited by Melina22
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

apparently The Universe is fine with everybody else being on the block because... they deserve it?

Except Jack of course since, as we know, he didn't deserve to be on the block either. *eye roll* Her mumbo jumbo 'manifesting' BS annoys be SO much more than anyone I've seen on this show. You won because you happened upon the right tiles at the right time. The Universe/God has much better things to do beside tipping the scales in your favor in some wacky gameshow. Hey Christie, ya know what? You sound like an asshole.

• Love 9

Yeah, the only person I still like in the house, Kat, will most likely go home. What a crappy season this has been. 

I will say I don't dislike Cliff or Nicole or even Jess ( although I think she's really annoying) but those 3 are just so boring and along for the ride. Kat at least has some strategic thoughts in her head and a chance to make something happen. As opposed to say Cliff, who tries to think game but fails to do anything. And he wasted his Hoh, Imo. 

Baring some big miracle, I'd say stick a fork in this season, it's done.

• Love 7

It’s so disapponting today’s show. I knew what to expect but it still hurt watching it. I hate Christie’s fake drama and wish she went home. It was so annoying for her to pretend to be so emotional about being on the block and crying that America doesn’t like her. She just did all of that to get more attention. That’s why I dislike her so much. The only saving grace is one of the eliminated nominees may win America’s favorite houseguest.

Just now, willco said:

Yeah, the only person I still like in the house, Kat, will most likely go home. What a crappy season this has been. 

I will say I don't dislike Cliff or Nicole or even Jess ( although I think she's really annoying) but those 3 are just so boring and along for the ride. Kat at least has some strategic thoughts in her head and a chance to make something happen. As opposed to say Cliff, who tries to think game but fails to do anything. And he wasted his Hoh, Imo. 

Kat’s so much fun, she’s my leading contender for America’s favorite houseguest, so here’s hoping she might go home with a prize after all.

• Love 6

Well that couldn't have gone any worse.

I'll bet there was a somberness in the production booth when the entire set up to ensure getting out one of the people that America hates blew up in their faces like every other twist that they try. The difference this time for me anyway is  I wanted their meddling to work in this case.

When I saw Otev I thought they brought out that comp specifically because they thought Christy would probably do poor and Jackson would rock it. But alas to no avail.

Once a season I have to voice my number one complaint about Reality Shows. Please STOP with the confessions/Diary Rooms interspersed during the actual comp....Christy's demeanor CLEARY showed that it worked out in her favor. Why do they do this on all the shows? It completly tips the hand on the outcomes?

Pigeon poop? How do grown adults like Allison Grodner think something that a ten-year-old boy (not your target audience) would find funny is appropriate?

And how do you not find some contrived way to either work in a flashback or have Rockstar do the Otev voice when she is certifiable the WORST Otev player of all time?!

• Love 11

Omg Christine stop with the stupid universe crap,the universe is too busy forming new stars,black holes and planets than to worry about your “problems” 

How is that chicken suit analyse wears even a punishment?  They look like  PJ’s. The punishments this year are the worst. 

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

And yet another “twist” completely fizzles out! Two of the three Camp Powers get either voted out or expired, the third has no effect, and now America’s Field Trip also turns into nothing!

What a damn waste!

• Love 7

Damn. Just when I thought this horrible season might start turning around. I guess I didn't manifest hard enough to prevent this worst case scenario 🙄

The second Christie gave her first DR at the start of the veto comp, I knew either her, Tommy, or Nick won. Girl's been a blubbering mess every second since she was merely nominated for America's field trip, and has not had moment of screen time where she wasn't sobbing inconsolably since becoming the third nominee. Then they show her giving her talking head about how important this veto is, and she's bright eyed and nothing but smiles and laughter...

What shit episode. 

Edited by JZone
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Pigeon poop? How do grown adults like Allison Grodner think something that a ten-year-old boy (not your target audience) would find funny is appropriate?

In this case I feel like OTEV was symbolically pooping on US with this hellish season and it's latest non-twist twist. It was kind of fitting.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Melina22 said:

This is the first episode this season where I've been really bored. Partly my fault of course, because I chose to be spoiled. Given that I was, the last half was super boring. Although it was touching to see Kat, Nicole and Jessica all crying about Kat and Cliff having to fight it out. 

So let me get this straight. According to Christie, God/The Universe didn't want her to be on the block because... she's too good of a person? But apparently The Universe is fine with everybody else being on the block because... they deserve it? And then Tommy taking her down proved to her she was right about The Universe all along. 

Silly Universe. Pranking Christie like that! 

This goes along with her thinking that its unfair for her to go up on the block,but totally fair for everyone else to go up on the block.

• Love 8

Well, I definitely think it's going to be a toss up between Kat and Cliff for America's favorite. But I mean. I just can't anymore. At this rate it's going to be Tommy/Christie F2, and I hope the entire daggone jury walks.

Tommy gets to take Christie off the block but isn't required to put anyone else up? So "America's Choice" ended up as Jackson getting immunity for a week and Analyse wearing a chicken suit (which, to be fair, she does look cute as hell in).

Meanwhile, Christie is a hypocrite who goes off on crying jags the minute anything doesn't go the way she wants or whenever she is required to make a tough decision. No wonder Tommy's aunt dumped her.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, willco said:

I'm actually not a fan of Kat, she was just floating along most of the game anyway.  Also she cries too much.  She's had quite a lot of DRs, but they are often scripted anyway.  Cliff, Nicole and Jess well ahead of her for me

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Love 2

I'm glad I spoiled myself on the veto outcome. That way I didn't have high hopes going in only to have them shit on by giant pigeons. 

Christie bugs so much. Going on and on about the universe and karma, not because she understands that the universe is a better place when we are better people, but because she believes that the universe has one mission and that is to make Christie's life better. We're all self-involved to a certain extent, it's human nature. But Christie? Just wow.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Cotypubby said:

And yet another “twist” completely fizzles out! Two of the three Camp Powers get either voted out or expired, the third has no effect, and now America’s Field Trip also turns into nothing!

What a damn waste!

That’s frustrating that the camp powers amounted to nothing, even though I’m glad Christie’s power expired and I hated how the Field trip amounted to nothing. I would have thought Michie would have rocked the competition.

5 hours ago, sunshine23 said:

This goes along with her thinking that its unfair for her to go up on the block,but totally fair for everyone else to go up on the block.

Exactly, I’m thinking she’s only been up there once while Cliff, Kat and Jessica been there a few times.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Ananayel said:

Well, I definitely think it's going to be a toss up between Kat and Cliff for America's favorite. But I mean. I just can't anymore. At this rate it's going to be Tommy/Christie F2, and I hope the entire daggone jury walks.

I wonder now if everyone will be afraid now to vote Christie our and then she makes it to the F2 with Tommy. I wonder if even Michie will back off now. They got to get rid of her eventually and if Michie and Holly stick w the other side, they’d have the numbers to do so, I think. It would infuriate me even more if C and T made it to the final 2 without their secret being revealed.

9 hours ago, greyflannel said:

I'm glad I spoiled myself on the veto outcome. That way I didn't have high hopes going in only to have them shit on by giant pigeons. 

Christie bugs so much. Going on and on about the universe and karma, not because she understands that the universe is a better place when we are better people, but because she believes that the universe has one mission and that is to make Christie's life better. We're all self-involved to a certain extent, it's human nature. But Christie? Just wow.

Christie’s such a big narcissist. Worst than some of the others on the show.

Edited by Booklady1017
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, Booklady1017 said:

I wonder now if everyone will be afraid now to vote Christie our and then she makes it to the F2 with Tommy. I wonder if even Michie will back off now. They got to get rid of her eventually and if Michie and Holly stick w the other side, they’d have the numbers to do so, I think. It would infuriate me even more if C and T made it to the final 2 without their secret being revealed.

Christie’s such a big narcissist. Wpest tgan some of the others on the show.

You can usually tell how self-involved someone is by how often they use the words deserve and unfair. Christie uses these words a lot

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Isn't an ongoing aspect of this show humiliating the competitors? Squirting the HG's, no matter what you call the stuff, is in the same vein as the Three Stooges;, I prefer something less slapstick, like the BB comics. It looks like they forgot about their theme again. Pigeons hang out around cities and cliffsides. You don't see them while camping. They could have easily picked another bird (and adjective if necessary).

• Love 2

This season is no fun for me because instead of rooting for someone, I only find my self rooting against people.  I guess I'd be happy if Cliff or Nicole won,  not because they're such stellar players but only because it would mean that the rest of them lost.  I'd be angry if Christie, Tommy or Jackson win and irritated if Analyse, Nick, Holly or Jess win.  The best case scenario just leads to "meh".  

Bring back BBOTT!!

• Love 3

Smart of Kat to squirrel away a stash of go-to answers in the Veto. Too bad it didn't work for her. I don't think anyone else had an actual strategy. Just goes to show how much of a crapshoot Otev really is.

I get that everyone hates Christie but I'm afraid people are giving Jackson/Michie a pass simply because he's against Christie now. I'd honestly still rather see Christie win this season than Jackson/Michie. I don't watch the feeds but I haven't seen Christie condescend to people the way Jackson does, or treat women as disposable the way Jackson does. For all of Christie's admitted faults she's nowhere as heinous a person as Jackson.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I get that everyone hates Christie but I'm afraid people are giving Jackson/Michie a pass simply because he's against Christie now. I'd honestly still rather see Christie win this season than Jackson/Michie. I don't watch the feeds but I haven't seen Christie condescend to people the way Jackson does, or treat women as disposable the way Jackson does. For all of Christie's admitted faults she's nowhere as heinous a person as Jackson.

The difference (to me) is that Jackson doesn't pretend to be something he's not. He's an arrogant, self-absorbed wannabe alpha male and knows it.

Christie, OTOH, pretends to be sensitive and caring and blah blah blah, but is actually a whiny, manipulative, passive-aggressive narcissist. She has little or no ability to perceive that people are doing things for reasons that have nothing to do with her. It's "Me, Me, Me" from her 100% of the time.

• Love 7

The difference (to me) is that Jackson doesn't pretend to be something he's not. He's an arrogant, self-absorbed wannabe alpha male and knows it.

Christie, OTOH, pretends to be sensitive and caring and blah blah blah, but is actually a whiny, manipulative, passive-aggressive narcissist. She has little or no ability to perceive that people are doing things for reasons that have nothing to do with her. It's "Me, Me, Me" from her 100% of the time.

That makes Jackson worse in my book. Someone who knows they're an asshole and doesn't care could potentially change the way they are. Someone who doesn't realize how absurd they are is just delusional. It's irritating but they might change their ways with a reality check. I don't see how someone owning their assholish-ness makes them preferable. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Smart of Kat to squirrel away a stash of go-to answers in the Veto. Too bad it didn't work for her. I don't think anyone else had an actual strategy. Just goes to show how much of a crapshoot Otev really is.

It's not an either/or for me. I don't like either one of them.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, leocadia said:

This season is no fun for me because instead of rooting for someone, I only find my self rooting against people.  I guess I'd be happy if Cliff or Nicole won,  not because they're such stellar players but only because it would mean that the rest of them lost.  I'd be angry if Christie, Tommy or Jackson win and irritated if Analyse, Nick, Holly or Jess win.  The best case scenario just leads to "meh".  

Bring back BBOTT!!

It's a shame BBOTT got replaced with the celeb trash

3 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Cosigned.

7 hours ago, greyflannel said:

You can usually tell how self-involved someone is by how often they use the words deserve and unfair. Christie uses these words a lot

Yes, so true!!! Also, I meant to comment before that all the contestants want the other side to get out Christie, but both will be afraid to make the move, so she'll probably stay. Someone has to bite the bullet and do it. 

5 hours ago, leocadia said:

Bring back BBOTT!!

I like Kat too and if she was an option to win I'd be happy with that along with Nicole or Cliff. I'm okay with Jessica winning but annoyed if Analyse, Nick or Holly won and angry too if Christie, Tommy or Jackson win.

• Love 1