Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: Smurf

• Start Topic

In the aftermath of Smurf’s heist, the Codys have to protect their reputation, while friends and enemies from the past close in. Deran realizes there is only one way to keep Adrian safe. Craig struggles to adapt to a new pace of life as Pope and J’s growing tension reaches a boiling point.

Season finale airing Tuesday, August 20, 2019!

Great season finale. I am really looking forward to next season now. Pope was so good tonight. Shawn Hatosy is such a talented actor. I have loved him since his days on Third Watch Southland. I hope that this is the start of him getting more to do other than damaged Pope with Ellen Barkin gone. I like him leading the Cody crew. It is more believable than J. taking over. I cracked up when Pope told J. to lose the sunglasses that he isn't John Gotti. 

I really liked Angela tonight. She is a good bridge to hold Pope and J together. She is right that they are stronger with Pope. They need him and not just as muscle. His brothers will never follow J. Turns out they will do what Pope says. I thought Angela would go tonight. Guess she is sticking around for next season. Hopefully, with lots more to do.

I knew Deran wasn't going, especially after that farewell with Pope. Pope let him go so he couldn't. The difference between Pope and Smurf. His brothers chose him over Smurf and love him.

So Craig's father is in the picture. I hope he tells Craig who he is. He was Jake who took in Smurf and the twins, right? Pamela was right that he would take her back no matter what she did. He loves her.

I wonder if Pamela will be showing up next season. She would bring some desperately needed diversity to the show.

The neighbor was played by Renee Props who I loved as Ellie Snyder on ATWT all those years ago. I wish they had given her more to do. She looks really good.  I am glad that she didn't go the cosmetic surgery route.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 7

Ultimately Deran is who he is as well.   It is nice and somewhat surprising that Adrian gets out alive.

Smurf might have been evil but she kept the wolves at bay.  Now all the Cody’s enemy’s are circling.  I know a lot of people don’t like Angela but I really liked her fhis episode.  “I’m with The Cody's now” and the “So what.”  She got from everyone until the boys beat the shit out of Angela  Brother and friends as a show of force

I wasn’t sure the show could survive without Smurf but I like the idea of the wolves circling and old enemies coming back to haunt the boys because Smurf told them shit.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 5

Weak finale. Couldn't live up to last week. It seem last week was the finale and this week was just a setup for next season.  Except for Deran/Adrian, nothing really happened.

Young Smurf showing her great parental skills a few days after giving birth. The babies in a crate is sad to look at.

Was there an alert on people's phones or "breaking news" on every tv station that Smurf died? 

How fast the "Cody" name lost value after Smurf's death. 

Did Pope anticipate the beating Mike and the others got would be posted on Youtube and the Cody name will get it's shine back? What a genius! Good job by Angela playing Pope into it.

I'm sure Marjorie wasn't far enough to hear her dish get thrown in the trash. Pope must be on a diet (no carbs).

Angela must be on drugs to call J his "Guardian Angel" and tell people she is with the Codys. 

Jake could have easily told Smurf to get lost after she dumped him for Colin but he let her back in. And then gets rewarded with a bullet to the leg years later.

Nice for the cops to show up and pay respects. Probably stole some of Smurf's furniture and searched the house for evidence.

Angela finally sobered up and decided to go to work. She had the nerve to act surprised she didn't have a job anymore. Why didn't she tell the boss she's with the Codys now? I'm sure he would have hid in the corner with fear.

Wish Smurf was alive to see Pope isn't the pitbull she thought he was. Nice scene with him and Deran.

Smurf is cold leaving the majority to Pamela and cutting out the boys and Lena. For years, they pulled off all those heists, got her rich, and she left them scraps. Where was Baz's FedEx? 

We need to see more of Pam/Smurf to know why Smurf looked out for her.

Poor Craig! Has to see all these men and them telling her in cetain ways they banged his mom. 

No Frankie. You didn't pass. You are not replacing Smurf next season.

Deran should have left with Adrian. He has nothing left in CA. At least Adrian lived.

I hope Billy is not back next season. He is boring. That was messed up what he said to Jake about Craig.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 4

First things first: Fuck off Billy.

I groaned and damn near threw something when he showed up. He did provide a bit of comedy with Craig 's daddy, Jake. "I got the good kid" bitch no thanks to you! I wanted Pope to shoot his ass so bad. 

speaking of Pope, I teared up when he figured out what Deran had planned, then wished him the best and said he'd miss him! I'm sure We can needed to go inside to change his drawers when he pulled up and saw Pope outside.

I really didn't see any happy ever after for Deran and Adrian after Craig all but begged Deran to stay. "You're the worst thing to ever happen to me. " Yikes Adrian, I get that you're heartbroken but that was harsh. Deran had nothing to do with you transporting drugs and getting caught. 

The Cody boys deciding to stick together as a unit was a smart choice. They will need that in the coming months. I'm sure people will be coming out the woodwork to try and lay claim to Smurf's territory.

Speaking of Smurf, she joined back up with Pam!! And left the bulk to her, that was a shock. She really thought Pope wouldn't be able to function without her pulling his strings, huh?

This was a great finale, can't wait for next season.

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Great season finale. I am really looking forward to next season now. Pope was so good tonight. Shawn Hatosy is such a talented actor. I have loved him since his days on Third Watch

<snip>

The neighbor was played by Renee Props who I loved as Ellie Snyder on ATWT all those years ago. I wish they had given her more to do. She looks really good.  I am glad that she didn't go the cosmetic surgery route.

Are you thinking of Jason Wiles? He was on Third Watch, Shawn never was although he was on Southland. 

Thank you for pointing out Renee, totally didn't recognize her! I loved her on ATWT, I hope she makes more appearances, maybe she'll become like a Mom to the group.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, I-Kare said:

Are you thinking of Jason Wiles? He was on Third Watch, Shawn never was although he was on Southland.

You are right. I totally mixed up the actors and Southland and Third Watch.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, nekilarose said:

speaking of Pope, I teared up when he figured out what Deran had planned, then wished him the best and said he'd miss him!

It was beautiful and moving. I loved that Pope didn't threaten Adrian and let Deran go, saying that he would do the same if he had the chance to start over. That is love, not the control that Smurf had over them.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Easy to do! I think quite a few of them were on both shows. 

I'm a huge Jason Wiles fan, that's the only reason I thought you may be thinking of him.

• Love 1

Young Jake is really handsome, and I don't understand how Smurf could treat him so badly. First She dumped him for another guy, still he took her back without any hesitation when she was desperate and broke. And after all that she shot him in the knee? She was so cold!

I also laughed when Pope told J to take off his sunglasses ("You're not John Gotti."), I also groaned when Deran found fucking Billy in his office, and I also teared up a bit during the Deran/Pope and Deran/Adrian scenes.

Craig's proclamation that Smurf really did love them?

4705329-5483125885-gretc.gif

• Love 5

I agree, this was more of a "wait til you see what's coming next season" than a season finale. 

Who is Marjorie Grant?  For what properties was Smurf paying her rent?  Complete mystery there.

Pope, you were going to shoot Billy with some cops not 20' away?  I know the Codys have skated everywhere they go, but, no, I don't think that would pass.

Poor Craig.  "Looking pretty good out there."  "Did you bring the diapers?"  Reel that boy in!

I'm curious as to who sent the envelopes to Smurf's children.  If they knew that Baz was dead, they should have known that Julia was dead.  And J is right, in a sense.  Take Smurf's stuff and divvy it up locally.  It's not like it was obtained legally, for the most part.  So what if Pamela comes around?  She might end up on a boat somewhere.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I agree, this was more of a "wait til you see what's coming next season" than a season finale. 

Who is Marjorie Grant?  For what properties was Smurf paying her rent?  Complete mystery there.

Pope, you were going to shoot Billy with some cops not 20' away?  I know the Codys have skated everywhere they go, but, no, I don't think that would pass.

Poor Craig.  "Looking pretty good out there."  "Did you bring the diapers?"  Reel that boy in!

I'm curious as to who sent the envelopes to Smurf's children.  If they knew that Baz was dead, they should have known that Julia was dead.  And J is right, in a sense.  Take Smurf's stuff and divvy it up locally.  It's not like it was obtained legally, for the most part.  So what if Pamela comes around?  She might end up on a boat somewhere.

I just assumed she was one of the people Smurf used to launder money through the real estate. And she stood in for Smurf's people that J but not the boys knew about. But it seems as if the actress may be bigger than that small bit part.

If we assume that Baz was never in the mix, not being from Smurf's body after all. He just held the line until Pope got out of prison. I imagine a lot of us don't update our wills

• Love 2

Why did they bring Billy back? Maybe they needed someone to tell Pope about Deran was leaving? BTW, which one is Billy in the Flashback, if he is there at all?

Nice moment Pope and Deran..

I wish I had a dollar for how many times 's..t' was mentioned.. and not one F..k.

I like to get into the psychology of the Deran character.  As a gay man, he does not strike me as the typical 'cruiser'. In other words, he was a 'one man' lover. Now, at his young age, after losing Adrain , does he go out looking for a replacement, if so, where would he go? Maybe he may turn 'Flip-Flop"...or does he go Celibate? It would be interesting to see if they have any love life in store for him.   BTW, I thought his performance was great during most of his scenes, especially at the end with Adrian. The one thing that I thought they would show, would have been a final hug...but no.

Pamela, wasn't she the waitress that stole from them at the diner, and then gave money to Smurf after seeing the babies?

Jake is just dying to tell Craig that he is his Father, and I am sure he will eventually.

10 months from now we would find all this out.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Novel8 said:

Why did they bring Billy back? Maybe they needed someone to tell Pope about Deran was leaving? BTW, which one is Billy in the Flashback, if he is there at all?

Nice moment Pope and Deran..

I wish I had a dollar for how many times 's..t' was mentioned.. and not one F..k.

I like to get into the psychology of the Deran character.  As a gay man, he does not strike me as the typical 'cruiser'. In other words, he was a 'one man' lover. Now, at his young age, after losing Adrain , does he go out looking for a replacement, if so, where would he go? Maybe he may turn 'Flip-Flop"...or does he go Celibate? It would be interesting to see if they have any love life in store for him.   BTW, I thought his performance was great during most of his scenes, especially at the end with Adrian. The one thing that I thought they would show, would have been a final hug...but no.

Pamela, wasn't she the waitress that stole from them at the diner, and then gave money to Smurf after seeing the babies?

Jake is just dying to tell Craig that he is his Father, and I am sure he will eventually.

10 months from now we would find all this out.

Deran may not have been Craig but when that nurse came around he partook in the extra relationship sex.

Yes Pamela was the waitress who ripped off Smurf's crew.

I think Billy came back for the reason everyone else will be back in one form or another.  All the wolves that Smurf kept at bay because she was....well Smurf will be knocking at The Cody’s door now that she is gone.   Billy like Angela and Frankie have their own agendas but that doesn’t mean they can’t be trusted if their agendas aren’t met.   Angela may just need the Cody’s protection.  We don’t know yet what she can offer in return.   Frankie needs muscle.  She can offer the Cody’s jobs but they need to play by her rules and might not get paid on delivery.   Billy offers ties to Smurf’s past but he is the ultimate in an unreliable narrator.  Plus he has a big big mouth.  

• Love 3

Did young Smurf have a black eye near the end when tending to her child? Is that why she shot old Jake?

And yes the cheap rent lady is going to be trouble next year.

Stupid things people do in a horror movie part 13. Angela confronts her brother on the street with gun. Ex felon with a gun( who was probably recorded on a cell phone) not good. And how did her brother get out so fast, who did he flip on.

What did Julia wind up with in the will again?

Frankie's PI skills insane. Since it appears Angela isn't there to spy on gang could Frankie? But Smurf is gone so what's the prize unless they want one of her associates.

Sooner or later one of the boys will confront J why he had it out for Smurf which is probably because she banished Julia from the family?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

I also laughed when Pope told J to take off his sunglasses ("You're not John Gotti."), I also groaned when Deran found fucking Billy in his office, and I also teared up a bit during the Deran/Pope and Deran/Adrian scenes.

Craig's proclamation that Smurf really did love them?

4705329-5483125885-gretc.gif

Notice at the end what Pope was wearing as he gave orders for their first post Smurf job.

26 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

I think Billy came back for the reason everyone else will be back in one form or another.  All the wolves that Smurf kept at bay because she was....well Smurf will be knocking at The Cody’s door now that she is gone.   Billy like Angela and Frankie have their own agendas but that doesn’t mean they can’t be trusted if their agendas aren’t met.   Angela may just need the Cody’s protection.  We don’t know yet what she can offer in return.   Frankie needs muscle.  She can offer the Cody’s jobs but they need to play by her rules and might not get paid on delivery.   Billy offers ties to Smurf’s past but he is the ultimate in an unreliable narrator.  Plus he has a big big mouth.  

Angela to control Pope plus J with the brains but not experienced yet, thus Mia, equal Smurf for the family. Frankie the patron for the Cody's. In a way like Pamela throwing Smurf a lifeline when she hit her professional bottom. 

• Love 1

I liked this season as a whole and will be onboard next season.  One nitpick for me was J whining that "Pope kicked me out".  This guy owns multiple businesses, he's going to school, buying luxury apartments for a GF, he's able to get chicks at the snap of his fingers (the teacher, Nicky, Mia and that last blond), knows how to plan a profitable heist, he can fence stolen merchandise and kills without impunity, but he's bent out of shape because the uncle that hates him wants him out of his grandmothers house.  This guy could be in a penthouse with hot and cold running coeds, like a boss. 

Well, maybe next season they'll be a bit more "J on his own" action.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

Angela may just need the Cody’s protection.  We don’t know yet what she can offer in return.   Frankie needs muscle.  She can offer the Cody’s jobs but they need to play by her rules and might not get paid on delivery.   Billy offers ties to Smurf’s past but he is the ultimate in an unreliable narrator.  Plus he has a big big mouth.  

I think Angela's contribution is her ability to stabilize and get through to Pope. He is in love with her and needs her. It probably is her connection to Julia that attracts him to her. He sees through her manipulations and she does tell him the truth. I did like how she mediated between Pope and J. Reminding Pope that J. is his nephew even though he is a liar and can't be trust. J. wised up and redeemed himself a bit when he told Pople about the money he stole. It will be interesting to see if their relationship blows up or if they stay together

2 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

Frankie needs muscle.  She can offer the Cody’s jobs but they need to play by her rules and might not get paid on delivery.  

I was not thrilled with Frankie's return. I am far more excited about Pamela taking her position with the Cody crew next season. I think that Smurf left her everything so she could take over her role when she died and protect her sons which will lead to serious tension with J.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3

I thought this episode was boring and I won’t be watching next season. The actors are good, but without the Smurf dynamic, it just seems like a heist soap opera.

I do expect great things from Finn Cole. He’s still very young and has given a remarkable, subtle performance throughout the series - watching, waiting, slowly morphing into the confident criminal exacting his revenge. He’s never hit a false note. 

The other actors are excellent, too. I hope to see them in other projects soon.

• Love 6

I thought this was a rather anticlimactic season finale, especially after last week's explosive episode. There were some nice scenes between Deran and Pope, and between Deran and Adrian, but overall it did feel more like a setup for next season.

I'm not crazy about Billy, but I did get a kick out of him telling Jake that Craig was "big and dumb." 

I'm curious as to who sent the envelopes to Smurf's children.  If they knew that Baz was dead, they should have known that Julia was dead. 

I wondered about that too. It appeared the wills were written before Julia was dead with instructions to have them delivered upon Smurf's death. But Smurf's lawyer was Morgan, until recently. Maybe her assistant or whoever took over her practice didn't know any better than to just have them delivered to the house. The idea they could wind up in Angela's hands was just clumsy writing.

This was certainly my least favorite season of the show. And not just because they killed off Smurf, necessarily. I can still see potential for the show going forward. But half the season was wasted on these tedious flashbacks which did very little to inform the main story. I liked most of what was going on in present day and feel cheated because I got to see less of it.

I really don't need to see more of how Young Smurf became Smurf. Especially now that Smurf is dead. It literally means the show has replaced Ellen Barkin with a younger model, and that just reeks.

• Love 6

I think it was important to show that Smurf wasn’t always the person she is now because it is likely that Frankie and Angela will be the two female leads and will be compared to her.   Angela gets some time to grow into the mediator between at least two of the boys and maybe mouth piece for the family.  We know J is a cypher and most of the brothers are as well so they do need someone who has some ability to negotiate on their behalf.   

I don’t think the finale was a letdown.  What it was was more moving pieces  into place for next season and writers telling fans worried that with Smurf gone there would be no story “we got this.”

i can see a lot of potential for next season.

1) Wolves knocking on the Cody’s door. 

2). Why the hell was Smurf paying this bitch off and the repercussions when they stop

3)  Whose the boss.

4)  The return of The Cody’s 

Are ar least the ones off the top of my head.  Plus we can watch Deran spiral with Adrian gone.   Craig trying to be a daddy.   And watch if J can actually be trusted?

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1

Scrolling through the comments, I saw a couple saying that "Pope loves Angela". I don't see that at all. I think he has history with her from their childhood and from Angela and Julia's friendship, and he has been tolerating her for old times sake. To me, Pope is so numb from losing Cath, Baz, Lena that he's behind a brick wall and isn't ready to love anyone right now. Add to that, finding out about his father and losing his mother in the same hour, this guy is toast.

I just never picked up on Pope expressing anything other than 'whatever' about Angela, even when they had sex. He did show some spark after finding her high but I took that as trying to save someone from the same fate as his twin.   I'm missing the signs of some great love affair in the AK universe.

• Love 7

It's never good when you're waiting for some homeschooled prepper freaks to come after you. But then the shoe never dropped. Huh?

Young Smurf's body didn't look to me like she'd just had twins, even allowing for the boozing, drugging, and poor nutrition. It's a wonder those babies survived.

I guess we can look forward to the return of Smurf's old running buddy Pam next season. I'd like to see her battle it out with Angela, Frankie, and the Cody boys over who's gonna run sh!t in Smurf's place. If she could handle Smurf she could probably handle all the wannabes.

Did Pope anticipate the beating Mike and the others got would be posted on Youtube and the Cody name will get it's shine back? What a genius!

WORLDSTAR!!!!!

• Love 2

I think it was important to show that Smurf wasn’t always the person she is now 

Wasn't she? I'd say the flashbacks say the opposite. She was the one manipulating the men in her life from the start, not letting any of them use her, dropping one for another when it became convenient or suited her whims. I really never felt like the flashbacks informed us of anything we didn't already know about the character. 

Scrolling through the comments, I saw a couple saying that "Pope loves Angela". I don't see that at all.

Agreed, I don't see that either. The best he can do at this point is turn his emotions off because otherwise he's a basket case.

• Love 7

As much as I don't want to see any flashbacks next season, I would like to know why Jake wasn't allowed to ever see Craig. Jake had to put up with the insult by Smurf after she dumped him for Colin and still he took her back with the babies (and Smurf pointed a gun at him as her way of saying hello). The guy seems like a likeable doofus. Smurf could have treated him better. Whereas Pam gave Smurf a few dollars, Smurf promised to pay her back (she doesn't like to owe people), I think Pam went to jail/didn't rat on Smurf and later Smurf gave her most of her fortune. Pam and Jake looked out for Smurf at her worst time and were treated differently by her. 

I vote for Pam Grier to play Pamela next season.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Wasn't she? I'd say the flashbacks say the opposite. She was the one manipulating the men in her life from the start, not letting any of them use her, dropping one for another when it became convenient or suited her whims. I really never felt like the flashbacks informed us of anything we didn't already know about the character.

I agree.  Smurf was always Smurf.

19 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

I vote for Pam Grier to play Pamela next season.

Yes!

• Love 1

There was a pictures (presumably a mug shot) of Pam in the file Frankie gave J so I'm assuming they already have an actress chosen. 

Has anyone noticed that the promo spots for this show are wildly and deliberately misleading? All season long I've noticed they show things for upcoming episodes that never materialize in the next episode. It's because they show footage and use dialogue from a completely unrelated scene. For example, the promo spot for last week's episode was the scene at the end where Smurf is raving at Pope right after she's pulled out of the truck, but the dialogue has her saying "It's what leaders do." Yet she never utters that line during this scene. For some weird reason they just pull an audio track from some previous episode and pair it with footage from the upcoming episode. I guess it's because they're trying not to spoil anything and throw us off, but it's sort of bizarre and an unprecedented thing to do, unless it's typical for other TNT shows.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Smurf is cold leaving the majority to Pamela and cutting out the boys and Lena. For years, they pulled off all those heists, got her rich, and she left them scraps. Where was Baz's FedEx? 

Poor Craig! Has to see all these men and them telling her in cetain ways they banged his mom. 

Deran should have left with Adrian. He has nothing left in CA. At least Adrian lived.

I hope Billy is not back next season. He is boring. That was messed up what he said to Jake about Craig.

12 hours ago, Raja said:

If we assume that Baz was never in the mix, not being from Smurf's body after all. He just held the line until Pope got out of prison. I imagine a lot of us don't update our wills

The will just made zero sense to me. If it was written before Julia died then presumably it was still when she had a good (or working) relationship with Baz. I could see her leaving him out bc that's the shit Smurf does, but she hated her daughter and Pope was in prison and it just seemed like weak writing considering LSG was on Smurf's speed dial the first two seasons. 

I was actually glad to see Billy bc they kept it under wraps unlike the heavy promotion Leary got last year. I also like how they show Smurf's male counterparts and how terribly they manage whilst she created at least the appearance of success.

I'm not looking forward to YA Smurf again, but I would really like to see the story of Julia and I'm hoping the show brings it to us next season (and I would be fine with Scott Speedman flashbacks, thank you).

Edited by chick binewski
  • Love 1

"Cant You See" is a great song for Smurf. That sure is how a lot of people in her life end up thinking when she leaves them behind. 

Oh Deran, I wanted him to leave with Adrian because I do think he would be happier away from this life, but I would miss him a lot so I guess I was happy with him staying. Of course, I knew he was staying the second he had that whole conversation with Pope where he told him to go and be happy and that he would miss him. Oh that hit me right in the gut! Glad that Adrian survived and got away, but that goodbye line to Deran was cold. Its not like it was Derans idea for him to smuggle drugs.

J might be a plan guy, but Pope is a leader who can bring the family together in a post-Smurf world. If anything, Smurf was holding him back, treating him like a ticking time bomb or an attack dog, but while Pope is clearly unwell, he has shown that is can be a very smart and focused guy, who knows his family really well, for better or for worse. And unlike Smurf, he actually cares about them. 

Craig's reaction when that old guy told him how he banged  Smurf one time had me dying! Like, what the hell do you even say to that?

So of course Smurf cut the kids out and gave all the money to this other woman, who I assume will be around next season. Next season could easily be filled with people trying to settle old scores with Smurf or get money or stuff that she owed them or had arrangements with, or people trying to fill the Cody power vacuum if people think that they're yesterdays news. I guess kicking the shit out of some guys in broad daylight should help with that at least!

• Love 3
On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 10:20 PM, nekilarose said:

I really didn't see any happy ever after for Deran and Adrian after Craig all but begged Deran to stay. "You're the worst thing to ever happen to me. " Yikes Adrian, I get that you're heartbroken but that was harsh. Deran had nothing to do with you transporting drugs and getting caught

I thought that too at the time, but in retrospect it could have been taken in a way that he was saying, of all the people he fell in love with, it had to be someone like a Cody, and their history.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, iMonrey said:

There was a pictures (presumably a mug shot) of Pam in the file Frankie gave J so I'm assuming they already have an actress chosen. 

Has anyone noticed that the promo spots for this show are wildly and deliberately misleading? All season long I've noticed they show things for upcoming episodes that never materialize in the next episode.

What I noticed from the promo editing it looked like J was on a lone rampage yet the whole family was there.

For some reason not only brandishing a gun was stupid for Angela it just seemed a little out of character for her. Although it's been slowly revealed she was more than just a thieving junky.

On 8/20/2019 at 10:14 PM, mxc90 said:

Weak finale. Couldn't live up to last week. It seem last week was the finale and this week was just a setup for next season.  Except for Deran/Adrian, nothing really happened.

Young Smurf showing her great parental skills a few days after giving birth. The babies in a crate is sad to look at.

Was there an alert on people's phones or "breaking news" on every tv station that Smurf died? 

How fast the "Cody" name lost value after Smurf's death. 

Did Pope anticipate the beating Mike and the others got would be posted on Youtube and the Cody name will get it's shine back? What a genius! Good job by Angela playing Pope into it.

I'm sure Marjorie wasn't far enough to hear her dish get thrown in the trash. Pope must be on a diet (no carbs).

Angela must be on drugs to call J his "Guardian Angel" and tell people she is with the Codys. 

Jake could have easily told Smurf to get lost after she dumped him for Colin but he let her back in. And then gets rewarded with a bullet to the leg years later.

Nice for the cops to show up and pay respects. Probably stole some of Smurf's furniture and searched the house for evidence.

Angela finally sobered up and decided to go to work. She had the nerve to act surprised she didn't have a job anymore. Why didn't she tell the boss she's with the Codys now? I'm sure he would have hid in the corner with fear.

Wish Smurf was alive to see Pope isn't the pitbull she thought he was. Nice scene with him and Deran.

Smurf already gave all the boy property and cash before she got sick. I think after she got out of prison. She definitely did not leave them hungry. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, zabooky said:

Smurf already gave all the boy property and cash before she got sick. I think after she got out of prison. She definitely did not leave them hungry. 

Somebody better tell J and his freeloading "Guardian Angel" Angela this, they do not seem to be very happy with their current allotment.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, zabooky said:

However the will was before Julia dies and Smurf had thought it likely that Pope would be dead. Her boys only got a share because Baz and J stole from her. It wasn't her masterplan.

• Love 1

I liked them all uniting at the end and Pope leading the charge as head. Can't wait for next season.

51 minutes ago, Dimi1 said:

Is next season the last ??? 

They didn't announce it as last, 

• Love 2
On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:16 AM, Novel8 said:

I really didn't see any happy ever after for Deran and Adrian after Craig all but begged Deran to stay. "You're the worst thing to ever happen to me. " Yikes Adrian, I get that you're heartbroken but that was harsh. Deran had nothing to do with you transporting drugs and getting caught

MY wife and I had a 'tug of war' over this. We were playing 'role reversal'...what ifs.  If Adrain was a woman, and Deran, her boyfriend...would Deran have gone with "Adrian" then, and leave his family behind? Lets us hear or 'read' your concept on this...just for the heck of it.

On 8/21/2019 at 7:30 AM, misstwpherecool said:

Did young Smurf have a black eye near the end when tending to her child? Is that why she shot old Jake?

And yes the cheap rent lady is going to be trouble next year.

Stupid things people do in a horror movie part 13. Angela confronts her brother on the street with gun. Ex felon with a gun( who was probably recorded on a cell phone) not good. And how did her brother get out so fast, who did he flip on.

What did Julia wind up with in the will again?

Frankie's PI skills insane. Since it appears Angela isn't there to spy on gang could Frankie? But Smurf is gone so what's the prize unless they want one of her associates.

Sooner or later one of the boys will confront J why he had it out for Smurf which is probably because she banished Julia from the family?

Great questions...

My 2 cents...

i think boys might be over questioning J (to a point).

1.Theyll all find out Smurf left them Zero...comparatively speaking

2. J can easily say after seeing all that Baz stole from her..she’s been holding out for a long time...reason he stole and purchased businesses and house to divide upon immanent Smurf demise..(but didn’t say anything because J knew he hadn’t been fully trusted at time) 

3. J can easily let the boys in on Smurf having Tio Pete having Baz killed ( and J may choose to  say who the killer was And that he killed her ).

4..Which leads to the fact that Smurf was ready willing and able to take out Pope last week...if it weren’t for J. Pope might be dead.

5. Pope May wear the Gotti sunglasses now...but he knows his limits and is pissed Smurf left only a small trust fund in Deran’s hands...he’d be screwed if Deran had of taken off...

Good finale albeit a promo for next season...IMO

oh and young Smurf’s bruised eye...Jed hit her pretty hard and she fell pretty hard when he chased her. His wife still bruised too...wonder if her allowing young Smurf to leave led to her end..🤭😮😞

oh yeah..eff Billy!!!

Edited by Shellbell59
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Novel8 said:

MY wife and I had a 'tug of war' over this. We were playing 'role reversal'...what ifs.  If Adrain was a woman, and Deran, her boyfriend...would Deran have gone with "Adrian" then, and leave his family behind? Lets us hear or 'read' your concept on this...just for the heck of it.

Interesting ‘tug of war’... and since you asked… I really don’t believe male versus female would make a difference at all.

Love is love.

20 years in prison is still 20 years in prison whether you’re a man or a woman.… And some people probably aren’t cut out for it period....

As well as the fact that Smurf doesn’t care whether it’s a man or woman… If you’re snitching… You pay.... and she’ll get Pope to do it. Didn’t stop her from having Catherine (Baz wife) killed...etc.

so Deran leaving or staying has more to do with Deran... and the family dynamic... vs Adrian as male/female 

11 hours ago, Artsda said:

I liked them all uniting at the end and Pope leading the charge as head. Can't wait for next season.

They didn't announce it as last, 

I wondered the same..

Is this the last season?…

(Then realized I was thinking of Schitt’s Creek… LOL)

have not announced it as last… Makes sense...Seems that shows voluntarily ending on a high note go six seasons..

Edited by Shellbell59
  • Love 1

Maybe we won't see Pam next season - didn't J imply that the wills could "disappear" or that he could get some sleazy lawyer to rewrite them so that the sons would inherit everything?  If all that happens, there would be no need to get hyped up for this Pam to show up unless the mystery person who mailed the documents to the Cody home also was instructed to send Pam a notice.  Since we weren't shown if Pam got a letter, it's all a big IF until next season.  

Did they even hint at how much assets Smurf had at the end?  After getting ripped off by Baz, letting J handle her business while she was in jail and we know that he dipped into that, it may not be some huge jackpot that the boys even feel worth fighting for.

Have to say...this season has been unpredictable...and as much as I haven’t been able to grasp flashbacks....i May have finally come to trust the writers will make it right..

Although I cannot stand  waiting until 2020 !!!!

(we’ve seen a tiny bit of the parallel “arc” between past and present in 12 episodes but that’s a very long time for “literary screenwriter pay off”...IMO...and even tho EP 13 tied some lose strings....my heart health can barely take it at my age!!!!

Lmao!)

okay..I laughed...

(Craig saying “I can’t believe she fits in there”...the box of ashes..🥴)

.and I cried...(Craig scene w/Daren...or Daren scene with Pope....and more)...

Emotional man!… My hubby and I...we were having issues w/cable so for shits and giggles we decided to go all the way back to Pilot episode...

i was on bandwagon...J is one evil mothereffer...

but that first episode I cried when he goes back to old apartment shared w/Julia...looking through pics and finding an old (15yrs old) pic of Julia with guy named Gary (has phone number in back)...hoping it may be his father he calls...NO DAD...nobody else...and J collapsed crying in despair...

he wasn’t evil then.... but the brothers as “Ma Cody” put him through hell...

Pope carries his GF into bedroom..(rape? He doesn’t know?)...then forces him to steal vehicle...then choke holds him when J defends “grandma Smurf”

they “sussed him out for sure” 

4 seasons later..he’s had enough...

J’s evil and hate is learned IMO

3 hours ago, patty1h said:

Maybe we won't see Pam next season - didn't J imply that the wills could "disappear" or that he could get some sleazy lawyer to rewrite them so that the sons would inherit everything?  If all that happens, there would be no need to get hyped up for this Pam to show up unless the mystery person who mailed the documents to the Cody home also was instructed to send Pam a notice.  Since we weren't shown if Pam got a letter, it's all a big IF until next season.  

Did they even hint at how much assets Smurf had at the end?  After getting ripped off by Baz, letting J handle her business while she was in jail and we know that he dipped into that, it may not be some huge jackpot that the boys even feel worth fighting for.

Good points!

I believe Smurf had been “hip to the game” for SOOOO LONG....she had zero problem with duplicitousness...and covering all bases...

In other words… Why have only a single attorney when one can cover one’s ass by having two?...with a mirror amount of $-assets handled by two? (She May have had enough to do such a thing) Just in case one attorney (trustee) becomes untrustworthy....depending on which paperwork is “most recent”.

have back up plan .Just like she taught J

dependin on what Dr put on death cert says..it may have determined outcome or avenue Smurf’s estate took posthumously...She had so many on the payroll...who know?

That Pam girl gave Smurf money when she had two starving kids in her backseat and no food… There’s something to be said for that. Then it sounds as though they did some robberies together…(Pam served time for according to records)and perhaps Pam took the fall...Which (with TWINS) helped Smurf get her groove back.

We also know Smurf was “fluid” and/or “bi” sexually...they could have been lovers/partners...who knows? Point is they had significant history IMO.

Hells bells...at this point...Pam could be Godmother to ALL the boys and was told to take care of them and make it right...if need be...(kinda sets up an intriguing SL...)

she would received an envelope (sent to EVERYONE mentioned in any will and/or trust)...a legal firm is obliged to hunt down all parties involved as all is paid up front...and if necessary..kept-up monetarily .here in CA anyway...

that may be Pam’s sign to step in... (gawd  wouldn’t it be fun if Pam could be played by THE Pam Greer? If this weak story of mine panned out?

Hah the new Smurf to run the show!!!  

I just read back my comment… And I know it’s far-fetched but what can I say....had an edible...

“I'm typing and I can’t shut up”

as apposed to

” I’ve fallen and I can’t get up”

neither is a good scenario for anybody involved...

as I bow out not so graciously..tripping over my own shadow...

sorry

Edited by Shellbell59
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 8/20/2019 at 10:34 PM, SimoneS said:

Seriously, it took me years to figure out that Jason Wiles and Shawn Hatosy were not the same person so don't feel bad!

In the flashbacks when they showed Smurf interacting with the babies, little Andrew got all the lines and we never heard a peep from Julia.  I wonder if it ends up that she was mentally disabled her whole life?  That's just the vibe I'm getting.

Edited by Pink-n-Green
addition
  • LOL 1
16 hours ago, Pink-n-Green said:

In the flashbacks when they showed Smurf interacting with the babies, little Andrew got all the lines and we never heard a peep from Julia.  I wonder if it ends up that she was mentally disabled her whole life?  That's just the vibe I'm getting.

I wondered that too.  We never heard her cry, or saw Janine caring for her except in the first scene after the birth.  After the way Janine kept talking about her during the pregnancy - "I know it's a girl." "She's going to have a yard to play in, and a place to sleep." - I expected to see her show some affection.  

Assuming they continue doing the Young Smurf flashbacks I would expect to see Pam again at some point. They didn't really fully explain why Smurf left the bulk of her estate to Pam. I know they hinted at it being gratitude for helping her out when she had nothing. But this entire season has been laden with expository flashbacks explaining things we didn't even really need to know. It would be uncharacteristic, at this point, to just leave the whole Pam thing to speculation.

Also, given that there were instructions to give copies of the will to Smurf's three children, it would seem likely there would also be instructions to give a copy to Pam, since she's the primary beneficiary. I can't believe this didn't occur to J.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 1