Type keyword(s) to search

Show Recommendations Topic: Ask Or Give

• Start Topic

Take part Major League with the Bad News Bears and you get "Ted Lasso".

I would recommend the first 3 episodes of this show. It is funny and Sudekis is very good as the fish out of water American Football coach that agrees to coach a English Premier League Football (Soccer) Team.

I will mention that soccer purists will note that the EPL is one of the best leagues in the world and the coaches are treated the equivalent of American NFL coaches. Instead of getting rid of a select group of players JS elects to fix all of them instead of doing what every EPL coach would do which would be demotion or transfering troublemaking players.

He is great though and the supporting cast is good.

My husband and I have been enjoying Criminal Minds over the last several months.  We're getting near the final season now and I'm trying to think of a new show I can suggest.  We tend to like procedurals, but not necessarily (for ex. we loved 24).  The one thing that I'm not crazy about and he hates is when a show gets too involved in the characters' personal lives and becomes a bit too soap opera-ish (it's why he quit ER after a while).  In all the seasons we've seen of Criminal Minds so far, there has been minimal personal drama.  I was thinking of NCIS or Law and Order?  Any thoughts on those?  If you watch both, do you watch the spin offs?  If so, which version of each show do you prefer? Do any of them start getting too far into the personal lives?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Shannon L. said:

I was thinking of NCIS or Law and Order?  Any thoughts on those?  If you watch both, do you watch the spin offs?  If so, which version of each show do you prefer? Do any of them start getting too far into the personal lives?

From what I saw, I thought NCIS and all the spinoffs did way more personal life stuff than Law and Order, the mothership. It did pop up sometimes, but not as much. I've not watched Law and Order: SVU in years, but they were positively bonkers at times with the detectives' personal lives. 

• Love 2

My husband and I have been enjoying Criminal Minds over the last several months.  We're getting near the final season now and I'm trying to think of a new show I can suggest.  We tend to like procedurals, but not necessarily (for ex. we loved 24).  The one thing that I'm not crazy about and he hates is when a show gets too involved in the characters' personal lives and becomes a bit too soap opera-ish (it's why he quit ER after a while).  In all the seasons we've seen of Criminal Minds so far, there has been minimal personal drama.  I was thinking of NCIS or Law and Order?  Any thoughts on those?  If you watch both, do you watch the spin offs?  If so, which version of each show do you prefer? Do any of them start getting too far into the personal lives?

Original Recipe Law and Order is straightforward police procedural and light on the soapiness.  The personal drama never overwhelms the story even with the well-drawn characters.  SVU focuses more on the personal.  The first few seasons of Criminal Intent are great, but as the show goes on it gets personal for one detective.   

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The first few seasons of Criminal Intent are great, but as the show goes on it gets personal for one detective.   

Oh gosh I forgot to even mention that one! I really enjoyed the first few seasons, but when they got into Goren's personal drama, it was every bit as ridiculous as SVU at its worst. 

• Love 5

I stopped watching after season 10 so I can't say anything about after that but nearly all of the main characters on NCIS have Daddy Issues.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

We tend to like procedurals, but not necessarily (for ex. we loved 24).  The one thing that I'm not crazy about and he hates is when a show gets too involved in the characters' personal lives and becomes a bit too soap opera-ish (it's why he quit ER after a while). 

I generally don't like procedurals for several reasons, including the lack of personal storylines, but I watched L&O: SVU for a bit because I liked the chemistry among the cast (it's the only L&O I ever saw more than an episode or two of, and I've never seen NCIS; I like Mark Harmon, but not enough to interest me in a show about law enforcement and the military).  There was a lot of time - for a procedural - spent on Elliot's family, and his family was incredibly annoying (he has a shit ton of kids and most of them are played by kids who are horrible actors), but I wouldn't call it soap-ish, like ER became. 

• Love 3

What I like least are procedurals that forget they're procedurals.  In or out of the genre, please.  Be a drama if you're a drama.  You can still have a cop or legal or whatever theme, I suppose, but lay out and claim what you are immediately. And just be a procedural, if you're a procedural.  

I give up on straight medical procedurals though.  I can't remember many that actually pulled it off.  I mean when HOUSE actually comes closest, where they still eventually backpeddled into everyone's life outside the hospital, there's little hope.  Google "Medical procedural" and it literally substitutes "Medical drama" and shows a list of those instead. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Kromm said:

I give up on straight medical procedurals though.  I can't remember many that actually pulled it off.  I mean when HOUSE actually comes closest, where they still eventually backpeddled into everyone's life outside the hospital, there's little hope.  Google "Medical procedural" and it literally substitutes "Medical drama" and shows a list of those instead. 

The procedural portion was what I had the hardest time with o House.

House nearly kills the patient twice then saves the patient in the end. The nearly killing the patient a few times each episode got to be kind of repetitive and irritating and undermined my belief that anyone would put up with him.  Given that he narrowly saved the patient after making them radically worse than they were when they showed up in the first place every episode.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

he one thing that I'm not crazy about and he hates is when a show gets too involved in the characters' personal lives and becomes a bit too soap opera-ish (it's why he quit ER after a while).  In all the seasons we've seen of Criminal Minds so far, there has been minimal personal drama.  I was thinking of NCIS or Law and Order?  Any thoughts on those?  If you watch both, do you watch the spin offs?  If so, which version of each show do you prefer? Do any of them start getting too far into the personal lives?

Throughout your post, the only thing that went through my mind was "poster is describing L&O."  "The only answer is L&O." "Surely they've seen Law & Order?"

But you haven't seen Law & Order so the answer is Law & Order.  The original Law & Order.  There is only one episode whose primary focus is on the personal lives.  It's the sixth season finale.  You just need to know what happens in the last five minutes.  Otherwise, you can basically skip it.  Otherwise, the most we get is a line here and there.  An innuendo here and there.  A scene or two here and there.  But the focus is always on the case they're investigating. 

SVU and Criminal Intent started off okay but they eventually became too focused on the characters rather than the cases. All the cops on SVU TOOK IT PERSONALLY! and Criminal Intent focused on the main character's nemesis and family life. 

The mothership is where it's at. 

Another suggestion I might have is Monk.  It's a bit different but you might enjoy it. It's more comical than serious and the main character is haunted by the murder of his wife but it doesn't get overly soapy.  It's the brilliant detective trying to solve cases and navigate life with a crippling case of OCD.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Zella said:

Oh gosh I forgot to even mention that one! I really enjoyed the first few seasons, but when they got into Goren's personal drama, it was every bit as ridiculous as SVU at its worst. 

The Law and Order CI episodes with Mike Logan are great. I also didn't mind the episodes with Jeff Goldblum either.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Another suggestion I might have is Monk.  It's a bit different but you might enjoy it. It's more comical than serious and the main character is haunted by the murder of his wife but it doesn't get overly soapy.  It's the brilliant detective trying to solve cases and navigate life with a crippling case of OCD.

I'll second the recommendation of this one, along with "Cold Case". I've only seen a small number of episodes of "Cold Case", but I have liked what I have seen of it. Has a great music soundtrack, too. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, kathyk24 said:

The Law and Order CI episodes with Mike Logan are great. I also didn't mind the episodes with Jeff Goldblum either.

I liked the Logan episodes too! Goldblum really bugged me. LOL 

• Love 3

Heck, go classic with Columbo, assuming you can mentally treat it as a period piece and not be put off by how different the world is in it.  You never learn ANYTHING real about Columbo's private life, other than dubious mentions about his wife.  Actually, you do meet his nephew in one episode.  I guess that's the exception. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Kromm said:

Heck, go classic with Columbo

Classic shows are good bets for this kind of thing because prime time soapiness didn't really explode until the 80s/90s.  It's not that it wasn't there before but very few prime time shows don't have some aspect of this whereas few did before the 80s.

Murder She Wrote is one that was never weighed down by personal stories.  Angela Lansbury insisted her character remain single.  Then you have your classic black and white Perry Mason.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

Murder She Wrote is one that was never weighed down by personal stories

To the point that when they did mention personal details they were frequently contradictory to things that had been previously stated!

• LOL 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, Kromm said:

Heck, go classic with Columbo, assuming you can mentally treat it as a period piece and not be put off by how different the world is in it.  You never learn ANYTHING real about Columbo's private life, other than dubious mentions about his wife.  Actually, you do meet his nephew in one episode.  I guess that's the exception. 

I second the Columbo recommendation. I started watching it a few years ago and found it really charming. It's a lot of fun to guess whether what he says about his wife is him being sincere and oversharing or him being a conniving liar, and it's never soapy, anyway. A lot of what he says about her is pretty random and funny. Though my favorite moments are when he is full of excuses about why he has his dog with him. LOL

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Zella said:

conniving liar

I'm convinced he's almost always lying. I mean we know the wife does actually exist, because other cops occasionally refer to her.  The ill considered very briefly existing "Mrs. Columbo" TV show (which he never appears on) was, even while still airing, de-cannonized, so she really is a total mystery.  I think Columbo invents on the spot what he wants the story with her to be, to provoke a certain reaction.  He's certainly not going to give a murderer, and they're ALL murderers per the formula, any real information about her.  

19 minutes ago, Zella said:

why he has his dog with him

Yes. His dog named "Dog".  It's a common joke now, but this show probably was the first to do it. 

Edited by Kromm
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Kromm said:

I'm convinced he's almost always lying. I mean we know the wife does actually exist, because other cops occasionally refer to her.  The ill considered very briefly existing "Mrs. Columbo" TV show (which he never appears on) was, even while still airing, de-cannonized, so she really is a total mystery.  I think Columbo invents on the spot what he wants the story with her to be, to provoke a certain reaction.  He's certainly not going to give a murderer, and they're ALL murderers per the formula, any real information about her.  

Yes. His dog named "Dog".  It's a common joke now, but this show may have been the first to do it. 

Yeah the more I watch, the more I do think he's a liar. The whole show is really quite a fun deconstruction of detective formulas since you know who killed who from the start and get to watch him put the pieces together in his own oddball way. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Zella said:

Yeah the more I watch, the more I do think he's a liar. The whole show is really quite a fun deconstruction of detective formulas since you know who killed who from the start and get to watch him put the pieces together in his own oddball way. 

It's why it actually really does fit the procedural label.  Because the process of him trapping the person is the whole show.  Admittedly it's not a REALISTIC process of how any real cop works, but virtually no TV procedural is anywhere near reality. They may pretend to be, but they're not. Columbo is a fantasy that's all about process. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Kromm said:

I'm convinced he's almost always lying

Yes, agree completely.  I can't remember off the top of my head but there are at least two episodes where he admits to the guilty suspect after they have incriminated themselves that he was making up his whole wife story.

Also in more than one episode (the one with Martin Landau as twins comes to mind) you have the opening scene in which every single LAPD operative is super deferential to him, even kind of making it clear that they'd LOVE to clear out, but that they can't until Lt. Columbo signs off on the scene.  THEN, once the cops clear out, Columbo rolls out his whole bumbling naive character onto the suspect.

• Useful 5
9 minutes ago, possibilities said:

Is Columbo available to stream, or do people have to buy the DVDs? I checked Netflix, Hulu, and APrime, and didn't see it.

I bought the DVDs, but you might see if your local library has them if you don't want to buy them. I also have caught it on MeTV on Sunday nights, at least where I am locally. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, possibilities said:

Is Columbo available to stream, or do people have to buy the DVDs? I checked Netflix, Hulu, and APrime, and didn't see it.

There are episodes on both Tubi (free) and Peacock (not sure which tier).

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

For those who like Columbo and have Amazon Prime , you might have a look at the French series Perfect Murders on MhZ. It's the same basic formula--you see the murder at the beginning and then watch the detective(s) solve it. There are several different detectives, sort of like how MacMillan & Wife, McCloud, and Columbo used to rotate when they originally aired. Some are better than others. I find the deliberately quirky ones difficult to watch because it's OTT to me but YMMV.

• Useful 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, possibilities said:

Believe it or not, a huge amount used to be free and legal on Columbo's YouTube channel.  I think they've now moved it all to Peacock instead. I'm pretty sure it's all Free Tier level. 

Edit - okay, right now 67 episodes.  In theory it has 69 episodes, but I think the discrepancy might be about two-parters shown as one, or perhaps the two pilot movies being counted separately. 

https://www.peacocktv.com/watch-online/tv/columbo/6941257837221375112

I see Amazon Prime has it too:

https://www.amazon.com/Columbo-Season-1/dp/B008SA89HA

Edited by Kromm
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Kromm said:

I see Amazon Prime has it too:

It looks like it's on IMDb which is free with ads.  I'm not sure how you get to IMDb if you don't have Prime but you don't need Prime.

• Useful 3
5 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

It looks like it's on IMDb which is free with ads.  I'm not sure how you get to IMDb if you don't have Prime but you don't need Prime.

You only get the first 7 seasons with IMDb TVCOZI, aired them all, even though they weren't unedited.

• Useful 3
12 hours ago, Kromm said:

It's why it actually really does fit the procedural label.  Because the process of him trapping the person is the whole show.  Admittedly it's not a REALISTIC process of how any real cop works, but virtually no TV procedural is anywhere near reality. They may pretend to be, but they're not. Columbo is a fantasy that's all about process. 

That's why I like proceduals. Its fun watching them figure out who the killer is and how their going to end up catching the killer. I don't want to watch cops beating up suspects or just deciding someone is guilty and going with it. Its fun to watch them figure it out. Its fun watching them arrest the suspect. Or like in Law & Order when evidence gets thrown out or something and they have to figure out another way to arrest the killer. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Fwiw, last night I also figured out that Sundance Channel, which is free with my lowest-tier DirecTV package, is airing Columbo. But right now you can only see seasons 5 and 10 that way. Is it the sort of show where it matters where you start?

It looks like the Sundance website (sundancetv.com) also has episodes to stream if you sign in with your provider.

--

I loved Cold Case back when it aired, but I only watched it sporadically and I can't remember if it delved into the private lives of the detectives or not. But I loved the different period details. It was way more emotional than Law and Order, though, or even than Monk, which I also liked.

The cases were usually very intense. They didn't just follow the evidence dryly; they had flashbacks to the actual crimes, so it was not only a puzzle, but also the emotional relief of finally solving the case, for anyone who happened to have survived it. You cared about the victims a lot. 

Edited by possibilities
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I loved Cold Case back when it aired, but I only watched it sporadically and I can't remember if it delved into the private lives of the detectives or not. But I love

It did mainly Lilly, the main character, and Scotty the main male character though the other characters also got some personal stuff.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
Just now, possibilities said:

I loved Cold Case back when it aired, but I only watched it sporadically and I can't remember if it delved into the private lives of the detectives or not.

It did, and the stories we saw the most of were the worst (Lilly and Scotty seemed to be in a contest to see who could have the most ridiculous love life, and Lilly's stupid sister kept popping up - becoming a storyline for both of them) but some were well done, and none of it was enough to keep me from watching, if for no other reason than those terrific montages at the end, beautifully illustrating the futility of violence by showing how many lives were permanently altered in addition to the one taken away.  Cold Case is one of a handful of cop shows I've ever liked, despite its problems.

(The list is, in order: Major Crimes, Cagney & Lacey, Cold Case, Rizzoli & Isles [not particularly well written or acted, but the friendship between the two main characters is something I was thirsty for], Monk, and The Closer.)

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Bastet said:

those terrific montages at the end, beautifully illustrating the futility of violence by showing how many lives were permanently altered in addition to the one taken away.

Yes! This! 

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, possibilities said:

Is it the sort of show where it matters where you start?

Mostly no. The episodes have no spillover and all stand alone. 

The main rationale for watching at least a FEW Season 1 episodes first is mainly because there are a few subtle differences in how Columbo presents himself early on.  Seeing a relatively young Columbo and towards the end (Season 10) a pretty old one does feel a bit different.  The late 60s/early 70s settings feel pretty different than what they CALL Season 10, which since it's all TV movies actually spans from 1990 to 2003.  Season 5 is far closer to Season 1 in real world time than Season 10 is (it's 1974/75), so not too horrible a place to start. 

Edited by Kromm
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

I tend to prefer the first-run Columbo episodes from the 60s and 70s to the later ones from the 80s and 90s, but there are some really good ones further into the show. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, possibilities said:

Fwiw, last night I also figured out that Sundance Channel, which is free with my lowest-tier DirecTV package, is airing Columbo. But right now you can only see seasons 5 and 10 that way. Is it the sort of show where it matters where you start?

It looks like the Sundance website (sundancetv.com) also has episodes to stream if you sign in with your provider.

7 hours ago, Kromm said:

Mostly no. The episodes have no spillover and all stand alone. 

The main rationale for watching at least a FEW Season 1 episodes first is mainly because there are a few subtle differences in how Columbo presents himself early on.  Seeing a relatively young Columbo and towards the end (Season 10) a pretty old one does feel a bit different.  The late 60s/early 70s settings feel pretty different than what they CALL Season 10, which since it's all TV movies actually spans from 1990 to 2003.  Season 5 is far closer to Season 1 in real world time than Season 10 is (it's 1974/75), so not too horrible a place to start. 

As someone who fell in love with this show and its star in its original run, I feel strongly that seasons 1 through 7 are the real show.  I agree with Kromm that it doesn't matter what order you watch season 1 through 7, but I feel you need to watch those shows first.   The revival show starts TWELVE YEARS after the original run and has all the issues one might expect with that.  The pilot is interesting but based on a stage play that was written for a different actor and kind of feels like it.

I have so many favorites, but if I had to pick just one to start with I'd pick Season 2, Episode 1, Etude in Black, with the brilliant John Cassavetes (one of Falk's closest friends) as the murderer.  

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 5/27/2021 at 9:12 PM, Zella said:

I tend to prefer the first-run Columbo episodes from the 60s and 70s to the later ones from the 80s and 90s, but there are some really good ones further into the show. 

I prefer the 70s Columbo.  Great guest stars, Janet Leigh, Leonard Nimoy, Dick Van Dyke, Lee Grant, Jose Ferrer, Ray Milland, and my favorite Johnny Cash.

And you don't have to worry about violence, other than the inial murder of course, It was revealed in one episode that Columbo didn't carry a gun.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
8 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

There are no episodes from the 60s. Columbo premiered in 1971.

The show may have started in 1971, but the original pilot is indeed from 1968. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061496/

38 minutes ago, Macbeth said:

my favorite Johnny Cash.

That's my favorite episode too! If I know it's going to be on TV, I plan my day accordingly. LOL

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Little known fact: Columbo actually originated in 1960, as a single episode of an Anthology mystery TV show ("The Chevy Mystery Show"). It didn't star Peter Falk, and I think all but photographs of it are lost to time.  That script (originally called "Enough Rope") was adapted into a stage play called Prescription: Murder, in 1962.  Years later, in 1968, Peter Falk was cast and that SAME plot was used in a TV movie called Prescription: Murder.  That's the official start of what's considered official show continuity, even if it existed earlier in other forms. 

It's memorable though because as I mentioned elsewhere, he's a little different.  He's less faux-bumbling, more aggressive and carries his raincoat around instead of constantly wearing it. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 3

I found all 10 seasons on PeacockTv, available at the free subscription level (with a few commercials,  but fewer than broadcast tv). Watched three episodes so far (the first 3 of season 1).

So far no delving into the private lives of Colombo or anyone else (except as relevant to the suspects and the case's resolution). 

I like that even though the show is really giving all the main roles to men, Columbo respects women and the women are not the usual empty placeholders and damsel types.

Also, and possibly related to that, his "bumbling clueless" schtick is kind of a female trope-- usually it's women who are socialized to act dim as a strategy, so it's interesting to see a male hero use that same device. I wonder if that was a conscious choice for the writing (to flip the gender trope), or if there were women on the staff, or how that came to be.

He seems kind of like a schlubby, American version of Sherlock Holmes, in that he's way more observant than anyone else around him, though without the vast knowledge of obscure trivia. It's all about his observation of human behavior and specific evidence at the crime scenes. Also, the criminals seem to have a tendency to use similar "cultivating the witnesses and survivors" strategies in order to evade suspicion, all of which consistently makes them look more suspicious. Maybe that doesn't continue after the first 3 episodes, but so far it's been kind of a thing.

The episodes are long-- an hour and 15 minutes (without the commercials), so it's like watching a movie. Also, the pacing is slower than most current tv or movies... they don't have as many quick cuts and fast scenes. 

I like it, it's a change from the current style. It's also surprisingly relaxing for a murder show. There's hardly any adrenaline needed. No high speed chases, etc.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, possibilities said:

Watched three episodes so far (the first 3 of season 1).

Did you enjoy Murder By The Book, directed by a little known director named Steven Spielberg (written by the equally obscure Steven Bochco)? 

• Love 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, possibilities said:

I found all 10 seasons on PeacockTv

I actually just verified, it's all available for free on Tubi as well.  The main difference is that the season numbering seems to be different.  Peacock presents all of the later TV movies as Season 10, and Tubi has them divided up to create a total of 16 seasons. 

Peacock also has "Prescription: Murder" totally separate from the series (if you search "Columbo" it comes up as a 2nd result).  You may not have seen it if you just clicked on the series icon. Tubi has "Prescription: Murder" as Episode 1 in their sequence. 

Tubi also has the second pilot, "Ransom For A Dead Man", as Episode 2.  Peacock doesn't have "Ransom For A Dead Man" at all, either as a separate entry, or as part of the series. 

Edit - Correction. Peacock DOES have "Ransom For A Dead Man" but it does not come up if you search using "Columbo".  It ONLY comes up if you explicitly search "Ransom For A Dead Man". 

Peacock has a "29 days left" note on the series, implying it's disappearing off Peacock at the end of June. 

Edited by Kromm
  • Useful 6
On 6/1/2021 at 12:41 PM, Kromm said:

Peacock has a "29 days left" note on the series, implying it's disappearing off Peacock at the end of June. 

😲😫 Well damn, guess I better start seeing all the episodes I wanted to re-watch before the end of the month. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Cotypubby said:

😲😫 Well damn, guess I better start seeing all the episodes I wanted to re-watch before the end of the month. 

Still free on Tubi! The fact that everyone ignores that as an option makes me wonder if the $450 million fox spent on it was too much or too little.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I came across a lovely Spanish drama on Prime called The Vineyard (La Templanza is the Spanish title).  I'm only on episode 7 but am enjoying it quite a lot, it's filling my need for an epic drama like Outlander or Bridgerton.  It's lush, romantic, gorgeously filmed and the moment the lead characters meet is electric.  (It should be watched with subtitles, the dubbing is terrible, the true voices of the actors gives it so much more emotion.)  Here is the trailer (you don't need to understand Spanish to get the gist):

• Useful 2
(edited)

Looking for a streaming show or miniseries recommendation to watch with my father while I am visiting him.  He’s older and very conservative in his tastes.  He doesn’t generally like shows with excessive swearing or sexually suggestive content, although he’ll make limited exceptions for true greatness, like “The Sopranos.”  And genre-wise, the best batting average is under the categories of dramas and documentaries (as opposed to comedies or sci-fi/ fantasy, which he tends not to love).  His most recent favorite show is “Yellowstone.”

I see that that “Startup” show on Netflix has been circling in the Top 10 for awhile: do you think that might be okay?  I know nothing about it, but it seemed crime-drama-ish and something he might like.  I also thought maybe “The Flight Attendant” on HBOMax because it stars Kaley Cuoco, and my father really loved “The Big Bang Theory” when it was on, but if there’s a lot of swearing and anything explicitly sexual (I saw the trailer and got a sense of the setup), I know he will not want to watch and get upset.  Is it too “out there” for someone like him?

Thanks in advance for suggestions!

Edited by Peace 47