Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: Monte Car-loco

• Start Topic

50 minutes ago, terrymct said:

Jwow shouldn't have called her out the way he did, but my bigger issue is why he didn't call Jack out, too.

When Jwow asks little things like wiping down a handrail, Jackoff plays the ask me with respect card. I bet Liverpool is real proud of this fucking wanker.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, spunky said:

This season I’m team Joao. It was wrong of him to say that Aesha looked like a paid date, otherwise he was spot on about everything else. He was absolutely correct about Aesha’s, Jack’s and Travis’ disgusting behavior. They were on a company sponsored outing and behaved in a disrespectful manner. For someone who knows nothing about Aesha’s past,he hit the nail on the head. Her traumatic experience is part of the reason why she acts the way she does. Scratching your private parts in front of everyone is just gross and shows lack of class. Travis drank to the point that even Colin was disgusted with him. Then there’s Jack who has no work ethic and is also classless. Anastasia needs an attitude adjustment and quickly. Travis needs to learn to leave his personal feelings at the dock and not threaten his boss with getting pissed off.

I didn't like that Joao said Aesha looked like a hooker either.  I think a paid date would know better how to act in public.  These folks are just nasty, Aesha is gross, Travis is a drunk and Jack is a lazy AND gross fuck. The three of them probably stink of liquor, cigarettes and B.O.

I can't believe it, Hannah and Joao are the sane ones.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18
12 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

I also don't think that Sandy going to every meal and asking how the food was because they want to improve for the next meal or the next charter is helpful.  She needs to leave that to Hannah to handle.  Sandy is coming across like some crazed HR person.  The one thing that would irritate me more than food with problems, is the Captain coming at me in a way that makes it clear that this is a known issue that didn't get fixed before I plunked down thousands of dollars for subpar meals.  It would make me wonder what other problems there are that I haven't noticed yet.

It's so implausible in any sort of professional setting, lol. Airing your dirty laundry in front of clients?  Discussing your inadequacies to clients?  Asking clients for basically approvals that you'll do better?

But hey, must remember this is all sham reality tv in the first place. The guests are more or less being cast. In that respect I'd be surprised they pay anything, if not a severe discount, from what an actual cruise would cost. But, because they do cast what are termed 'wealthy' people to follow the narrative, perhaps they do actually shell out for the tip. 

Of course this all depends on whether the show makes enough ad revenue for Bravo/production to pay the owners for the use of the boat or if not, these 'guests' do pay something to help offset production costs.

2 hours ago, ihartcoffee said:

The chef is getting annoying,  you serve burgers and fries together.  Not 20 min apart. 

Yeah, as someone else pointed out, a chef would time it all out so everything gets served at once

2 hours ago, spunky said:

her vulgarity being on full display all of the time.

While you probably didn't mean 'all the time' in a literal sense, the show is all about editing so probably 99.98% of the time she's behaving 'normal' and the 'vulgar' stuff is what's shown a lot.

I dunno.... sure Aesha's antics can be a bit off-putting, but only for the few seconds it takes to say the words or fan the crotch, lol. She doesn't really bother me. Her voice otoh, lol. 

On a superficial attractiveness level, when she puts herself together for a night out, I think she's an absolute stunner.

44 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

When Jwow asks little things like wiping down a handrail, Jackoff plays the ask me with respect card. I bet Liverpool is real proud of this fucking wanker.

Jack is a freakin' gaslighter. I want to baseball bat that guy upside the head so bad. Don't know how Joao restrains himself.

Travis... I think I get. The world is full of assholes, its an insane asylum, and its all unbelievably depressing and he's hyper sensitive to it. So he drinks, and as what happens when people get shitfaced, he's gonna act like an asshole as well.

Edited by 100Proof
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I didn't like that Joao said Aesha looked like a hooker either.  I think a paid date would know better how to act in public.  These folks are just nasty, Aesha is gross, Travis is a drunk and Jack is a lazy AND gross fuck. The three of them probably stink of liquor, cigarettes and B.O.

I know right?!?

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, 100Proof said:

the show is all about editing so probably 99.98% of the time she's behaving 'normal' and the 'vulgar' stuff is what's shown a lot.

I dunno.... sure Aesha's antics can be a bit off-putting, but only for the few seconds it takes to say the words or fan the crotch, lol. She doesn't really bother me. Her voice otoh, lol. 

True, But we are only a few episodes in and production has managed to find a crap load of footage to show us of Aesha and her crassness versus what the others have given them to edit together.  Even Jack. It may only be a snippet but it's still way more than the others are giving the camera crew by comparison. And to be totally honest, what we've seen is still way more than I would be comfortable with witnessing even if it is only 5 seconds of patting the puss. 

I hate it when Erika Jayne does it, when Lisa Rinna as Erika Jayne does it and it especially grosses me out when Aesha does it cause she's just jutting it out there in such a perverse way it's unnerving. Bleeeeechhh! 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

She's a piece of work (with regards to this topic). I like her when she's not pussy popping to an audience. 

I wonder what she thinks of her behavior now that she's seeing it on TV.  Jack is probably incorrigible and sees nothing wrong with his.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, spunky said:

Hannah possibly. Travis said himself, that Joao doesn’t speak to him unless it’s about work.

Well he could have said it in the conversation that they were having about Aesha and we just didn’t see it. 

Edited by biakbiak
3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Well he could have said it in the conversation that they were having about Aesha and we just didn’t see it. 

So now possible behind the scene conversations and activity are relevant to the narrative? 

Maybe Hannah has been somewhat snippy towards June and we just didn't see it?

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

It may only be a snippet but it's still way more than the others are giving the camera crew by comparison. And to be totally honest, what we've seen is still way more than I would be comfortable with witnessing even if it is only 5 seconds of patting the puss. 

I hate it when Erika Jayne does it, when Lisa Rinna as Erika Jayne does it and it especially grosses me out when Aesha does it cause she's just jutting it out there in such a perverse way it's unnerving. Bleeeeechhh! 

Could say that its become her narrative on the show in that, some of the others might say or gesture the odd gross thing and its all in the editing. However, it's apparently part of her personality more so than the others.

I'm thinking how people view Aesha's behavior falls regarding male v female, lol

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

So now possible behind the scene conversations and activity are relevant to the narrative? 

Nope just that that there was more to that conversation than we saw because of how it was edited and Travis knew about the rape. I don’t even know that I agree with the fact that Joao didn’t know at the dinner. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

My biggest bitch cooking is I suck at timing but why didn't she have them ( fries) cooking while she used the stove top? 

Yep - I enjoy cooking but always have to stop and plan carefully so everything will finish at approximately the same time.  I think the burger/fries timing shows how dependent she was on Travis helping her in the kitchen. He would have at least prepped the fries for her while she was doing other things, and may even have thrown them in the fryer for her while she was cooking the burgers.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Yep - I enjoy cooking but always have to stop and plan carefully so everything will finish at approximately the same time.  I think the burger/fries timing shows how dependent she was on Travis helping her in the kitchen. He would have at least prepped the fries for her while she was doing other things, and may even have thrown them in the fryer for her while she was cooking the burgers.

I don't understand Cap Sandy's reasoning that Anastasia will get better with less help.  Unless production made her do it...

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Special K said:

I don't understand Cap Sandy's reasoning that Anastasia will get better with less help.  Unless production made her do it...

Especially because we have seen other chefs at least get help during dinner service which seems her main issue now that she has her prep under control.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Special K said:

My impression is that Captain Sandy wants to get a better understanding of Anastasia's abilities. It could be that Travis was playing a greater role in assisting than she realized, which means Anastasia's talent in the kitchen was overstated from the beginning.  I ran into this once when an office assistant left. It turned out she did a lot of work for another employee that was deemed a "superstar" that fell outside of her job duties. The employees were good friends so the office assistant picked up a lot of the slack that I only became aware of after she left. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 4

When I make home made fries, (I bake them only because I try and be somewhat healthy)... I mix with a little flour and a little olive oil and they turn out crispy.  but they take a while in the oven....

I would have made the fries first, kept them warm in the oven and then made the burgers...

That's my $.02 😃

But if they are having an issue with heat.... why doesn't a super yacht invest in some covers?

ACPCV1012.jpg

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, 100Proof said:

Could say that its become her narrative on the show in that, some of the others might say or gesture the odd gross thing and its all in the editing. However, it's apparently part of her personality more so than the others.

I'm thinking how people view Aesha's behavior falls regarding male v female, lol

I think age factors in too.

I have tried to get used to seeing one dancer, bent over at the waist, and the other dancer, grinding their crotch area, in the others rear end area.

I just think it's gross.  I also am pretty sure that the generation, before my generation, found some of our dance moves obscene. 

And that is why my opinion of how people dance nowadays, stays safely locked in my brain.

think universal music GIF by Sigrid Bernson

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I have tried to get used to seeing one dancer, bent over at the waist, and the other dancer, grinding their crotch area, in the others rear end area.

I just think it's gross.  I also am pretty sure that the generation, before my generation, found some of our dance moves obscene.

I've had philosophical debates in my head.  Is a progression towards being more sexually open and uninhibited culturally a good thing v  the more repressive, shaming and having to guilty about it. I know its not a black and white thing, ie, people screwing in the streets liked dogs v fundamentalist zealotry. But rather generations moving away from the whole guilt aspect over sexuality.  Of course, some shaming needs to be around so as not feel guilty about screwing in the checkout line at the supermarket.

I think all this dance mimicking of sex moves is just a generational normalization thing and doesn't have any particular meaning beyond that.

Personally I find it all a bit weird and bizarre, but, people are monkey see monkey do. So once some sort of body language or catch phrases get presented in the media, people latch onto them and copy

Edited by 100Proof
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, 100Proof said:

Personally I find it all a bit weird and bizarre, but, people are monkey see monkey do. So once some sort of body language or catch phrases get presented in the media, people latch onto them and copy

Which is why almost every reality show is now full of people saying "At the end of the day..." a million times an episode.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

Maybe let’s call her behavior “bitchy”, then.  Because her snapping at Aesha about their different jobs and the brain power involved can’t be described as anything but “bitchy”, imo. Also her attitude with this new charter, “the fries are coming...when they’re done cooking!” Yes, she said this in a TH, not to their faces, but I don’t think Anastasia earned that attitude, nor did those guests. Wanting your complete meal hot and ready is not them being “picky”.

I did have to laugh at her excuses regarding the food temperature. Oh, woe is me, she’s plating their food all by herself! And...and the interior staff have to bring the food all the way upstairs (as if that’s some great distance lol). For once, I’m glad Capt Sandy was hovering and buried Anastasia’s excuses with “we’ll put the plates in the oven”. Because, come’on. This is the second charter to complain about temperature. Stop reaching for excuses and defenses and offer some solutions, maybe?

This! Her comment to Aesha  was totally bitchy and uncalled for. She has become arrogant and her attitude sucks. She needs to go. Wonder if she'll leave the boat or get her stew position back and June June (waste of space) will go. Making excuses to the guests is unprofessional. Apologize, say you'll fix it and do it!

Joao's comment on Aesha's  outfit was also nasty and uncalled for. He has somewhat redeemed himself this year and seems to be good at his job, but that was a low blow.  That being said, Aesha is exhausting with that sing song voice and totally inappropriate behavior. She and Jack are a perfect pair, but not in the workplace -or on my tv- please.

Travis can be scary.  Definitely not a fun drunk. If I was at that table with these people I would have been mortified and left. And just for the record I have quite a potty mouth myself, but know when and where to use it.

I hope Colin doesn't quit, and someone else is fired instead. 

Edited by Lady of nod
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, 100Proof said:

I've had philosophical debates in my head.  Is a progression towards being more sexually open and uninhibited culturally a good thing v  the more repressive, shaming and having to guilty about it. I know its not a black and white thing, ie, people screwing in the streets liked dogs v fundamentalist zealotry.

I think all this dance mimicking of sex moves is just a generational normalization thing and doesn't have any particular meaning beyond that.

My biggest issue is that people have lost all sense of occasion.  There's been a flattening out of all different social settings into one single sphere where one kind of attire (athleisure, sloppy, "comfortable") and one kind of behavior/manners (crude, self-centered, braggy) are used for all occasions. 

I still behave, dress, speak differently at work than I do with friends, differently at a funeral than in a bar, etc.  I find people unabashedly showing the full range of bad behavior freely in the public sphere, whether on social media or actually in public, disheartening.

Which is to say, the crude behavior at the resort would have been ok if they were dancing at a club, but -- and this was Joao's point also -- it was embarrassingly inappropriate for that setting.

• Love 20

In regards to Colin possibly quitting next week—i think someone wrote earlier that June had been a deckhand in the past, so what i think happens is that Anastasia wants to quit being a chef because she can’t take the negative feedback she’s been getting (calling it anxiety), so she goes back to being 3rd stew. Some people have written that Ben? comes back to be chef.  Sandy wants to fire either Jack for being lazy or Travis for being a drunk and makes June a deckhand. Colin just wants to get the hell out of there so he volunteers to go home instead of Jack or Travis.  We already know that their is eventually an extra person because we have seen previews of Sandy saying “you have become obsolete” to someone, we just don’t know who yet.

• Love 3

I'm torn on who to side with regarding Jwow and Aesha.  On the one hand, he has no business calling her a prostitute; however her behavior is pretty embarrasing in public.  Travis on the other hand should have been fired.  He made everyone look bad with his behavior.  He was at that dinner courtesy of the boat's owner (allegedly) and he was a complete shit.  And for him to then lecture Jwow for his treatment of Aesha the next day (for events that he has no recollection because he was drunk and passed out) was not cool.  And I also say not cool on Aesha's part as it seemed as though she and Jwow had some resolution in which both were satisfied and then she needed to go stir the pot up again later with the two nitwit deckhands.  

I fully expect that Captain Sandy is going to handle the situation with Anastasia poorly.  She created the situation (or at least production did) and Anastasi is going to get hurt.  To JWOW and Hannah's credit, they both saw what has transpired a mile away.  She wants to be in the galley because it makes her feel superior; whereas to go back to being a third stew will mean that she is back on the bottom.  I'm all for being competitive and ambitious, but her ego is going to end up costing the other crew tip money.  

• Love 5

Joao is  a piece of shit and has some serious problems with  women. J; Aesha is a gross loud whore, and she rather reminds me of my mother....

Anastasia clearly has not a fucking clue how to time her dishes, though I still am not sure about the guests complaints (aside from food temp which is obviously accurate)? Like her pasta is "a little al dente"? I spent three weeks in Italy and they cook pasta VERY al dente, but her's was fresh so unless her dough was literally tough as shit it really shouldn't have been "al dente" at all? Also I don't like key lime pie? Did you put it on the preference sheet?  And Sandy can give me a break if she wanted  a top chef she could have hired one, she chose to promote a 3rd stew with chef experience, out of convenience, which is a huge difference.

I know Travis is wastoid, but eh it was their day off and I'll take a passed out drunk than a belligerent one and those seem to be his two modes. Hannah should have left his ass at the pool I'm sure he would have been just fine. 

Edited by blixie
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, blixie said:

Also I don't like key lime pie?

Yeah, I didn't get what that complaint was about.  They were being offered key lime pie or cheesecake.  Did he request key lime pie be served to him and then say he didn't like it when the Captain came up?

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

This! Her comment to Aesha  was totally bitchy and uncalled for. She has become arrogant and her attitude sucks. She needs to go. Wonder if she'll leave the boat or get her stew position back and June June (waste of space) will go. Making excuses to the guests is unprofessional. Apologize, say you'll fix it and do it!

Joao's comment on Aesha's  outfit was also nasty and uncalled for. He has somewhat redeemed himself this year and seems to be good at his job, but that was a low blow.  That being said, Aesha is exhausting with that sing song voice and totally inappropriate behavior. She and Jack are a perfect pair, but not in the workplace -or on my tv- please.

Travis can be scary.  Definitely not a fun drunk. If I was at that table with these people I would have been mortified and left. And just for the record I have quite a potty mouth myself, but know when and where to use it.

I hope Colin doesn't quit, and someone else is fired instead. 

After the preview clip they showed on WWHL, I'd be surprised if someone isn't fired.

Spoiler

The crew is at dinner.  Travis walks up to Anastasia and slaps her in the face.  Joao is immediately in Travis' face about hitting a co worker.  Ana gets up from table. Hannah is comforting her while she is crying outside.  Travis is shown saying "It was a love tap".

It's hard to watch.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

They were being offered key lime pie or cheesecake.  Did he request key lime pie be served to him and then say he didn't like it when the Captain came up?

I thought it was key lime cheesecake? Doesn't matter I just think there is for sure production shenanigans because either Ana is completely blowing off the preference sheets to make menus she's comfortable with vs things they specifically asked for, or they're just telling the guests to bitch about her food so she goes back to stewing, because Ben is now available, and the whole cast is varying degrees of incompetent/unprofessional. 

• Love 1

There has to be a minimal standard of conduct for your own employees when they are representing you in public. Travis’s behavior is grounds for dismissal. I don’t think any normal Yacht owner would put up with it. 

If I were Colin or Anastasia or June for that matter I would have left the table and went back to the boat. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, blixie said:

I thought it was key lime cheesecake? Doesn't matter I just think there is for sure production shenanigans because either Ana is completely blowing off the preference sheets to make menus she's comfortable with vs things they specifically asked for, or they're just telling the guests to bitch about her food so she goes back to stewing, because Ben is now available, and the whole cast is varying degrees of incompetent/unprofessional. 

One of the guests said, "I took both, because I'm x, y, z" I can't remember what he said, but he had two slices on cake* on his plate.  I think that's why they were serving it, instead of just having a plated dessert, since there was a choice.

Either way I think it's a set-up, too.

* I would have taken two slices, too. 😉

Edited by Special K
important footnote about dessert
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Inga said:

Sandy wants to fire either Jack for being lazy or Travis for being a drunk and makes June a deckhand. 

So we'll be hearing a lot of "June, June.  Jwow.  June, June, Jwow."  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Special K said:

It could have been production or it could have been Sandy realizing it’s no longer worth it to be shorthanded on deck if the food is going to be subpar with or without Travis.

Aesha is very pretty and seems kind (I love how she’s comforted Ana and June when they’ve been upset), but her hypersexual nature is just...a lot. I would find it incredibly annoying in person as well. Yes, this is a reality show, but they do represent their employer (the yacht and Captain Sandy) when they are out and about. And while I understand Aesha is a victim of sexual assault and this behavior may help her reclaim her sexuality and power, she needs to get that this behavior is a huge turn off. It’s just immature and tacky.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, AttackTurtle said:

I fully expect that Captain Sandy is going to handle the situation with Anastasia poorly. 

She sure likes being in front of the camera while her whole crew is going to shit.

• Love 8

I never understand why people have to add the passive aggressiveness after something like Ana did with Aesha.  Just end it at "I'm busy."  No need to add, "What I'm doing requires brain power unlike vacuuming."  It was an unnecessary jab that, had it been directed at anyone else, would've started an argument.  Aesha has never been anything but nice to her, just tell her you're stressed out and not in the mood.  

That being said, Aesha bugs me to no end.  It is very obvious her "i'm so vulgar and comfortable with my sexuality" is a cover for her rape.  Which is sad but also exhausting.  Because while Joao's comment to her was gross, Travis and Jack egging her on to act that way in public is grosser (I know that's not a word) IMO.  It's clear Jack is turned on by her antics because he's stupid enough to believe when he finally sleeps with her she's gonna be swinging from a chandelier but I doubt that will be the case.  And the fact that she went out there and lied to Travis about how the conversation with Joao ended just pissed me off.  I don't consider myself a prude by any means but I'm certainly not going to rub on someone's genitals in public or flash my twat on a dancefloor.  I don't think that makes me uncomfortable with my sexuality.

I don't understand why Hannah is even bothering with Travis.  Getting drunk the night of our date would've ended it for me. 

June is gonna push the radio thing until she can't explain it anymore.  Does she not understand that Sandy can hear Hannah constantly calling her with no response?  In the end, that's what's gonna piss Sandy off, the fact that she told June to do something and it didn't happen.

• Love 9

They were being offered key lime pie or cheesecake.

I think Anastasia needs to go back to making those amazing cakes at least one night each charter. That's what set her apart from former Below Deck chefs. She can prepare it during the day so it doesn't need to be done during dinner service. If I was served a pretty good but not great meal, but with one of those cakes at the end, I'd be all smiles when Sandy came to check in.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, outofbounds said:

And the fact that she went out there and lied to Travis about how the conversation with Joao ended just pissed me off. 

That annoyed me too.  When Joao spoke to her and she thanked him for what he said, that should have been it.  Going behind his back and talking to Travis and Jackass was immature, I mean what are they in middle school?  

I still think the three of them probably stink.  

I thought Hannah quit smoking.  

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't think Hannah and Joao can believe they're the sane ones either.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, 100Proof said:

On a superficial attractiveness level, when she puts herself together for a night out, I think she's an absolute stunner.

Maybe I was being a little dramatic. But I would definitely be the Joao of the group if I had to put up with Aesha's antics. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Joao's comment about Aesha looking like an escort was just so so unnecessary.  They were all in a good mood, gathering for dinner, and Jack was paying her a compliment (he seemed to be paying everyone a compliment as they arrived). I don't understand what possessed him.

He seems to make a habit of non-sequitur, out-of-left-field insults.  Like when Anastasia was talking about taking on the chef job and how hard it is, etc., he just piped in, "Are you a four star, Michelin chef?  No."  I mean he was proving her point, in a way, she's NOT a Michelin chef, therefore it's going to be hard for her.  It was just so unnecessary and demeaning.  I know there is editing, but why would you even bother to jump in with such a mean insult?

I don't get him.  Maybe he is in a tightly controlled rage at all times, and it just leaks out at random moments.  He does have sort of crazy eyes...

• Love 9
3 hours ago, blixie said:

Joao is  a piece of shit and has some serious problems with  women. J; Aesha is a gross loud whore, and she rather reminds me of my mother....

Anastasia clearly has not a fucking clue how to time her dishes, though I still am not sure about the guests complaints (aside from food temp which is obviously accurate)? Like her pasta is "a little al dente"? I spent three weeks in Italy and they cook pasta VERY al dente, but her's was fresh so unless her dough was literally tough as shit it really shouldn't have been "al dente" at all? Also I don't like key lime pie? Did you put it on the preference sheet?  And Sandy can give me a break if she wanted  a top chef she could have hired one, she chose to promote a 3rd stew with chef experience, out of convenience, which is a huge difference.

I know Travis is wastoid, but eh it was their day off and I'll take a passed out drunk than a belligerent one and those seem to be his two modes. Hannah should have left his ass at the pool I'm sure he would have been just fine. 

He said that her always being upbeat and bubbly reminds him of his mother, because it appears that they both use it as a mask to hide pain from a traumatic experience, and went on to reference his mother's reaction to being physically assaulted during the armed robbery .  He just thinks her vulgarity on a whole is disgusting and I 100% agree with him on that. Doesn't mean he hates all women. 

Edited by spunky
  • Love 8