Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: Monte Car-loco

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don't know about some of the issues between the crew, but, with the food thing.....omg...so producer driven. I suspect the guests and cast of the show get the memo about the food will be a problem this time and this time someone will say this.....we'll film it one time and if we need more, we'll go back and get some more on that issue.  Recall how some old issues were that the chef couldn't seem to steer clear of food that the guests had allergies to.  It's always something.  This whole thing with having to replace the original chef was staged, imo and the theme continues.  I'm pretty much done with it. 

This. Suddenly Craptain Sandy is riding Ana about her lack of skills and micro managing. Oh my - I wonder what's next - could it be Ben is soon available and will swoop in to save the end of the season? Lawd. I still think that Ana is doing a good job given her lack of experience. Sandy should have NEVER promoted Ana beyond maybe one charter, so she could let Milla (the planted non chef) go, and get someone else in. But wait. I'm back to my conspiracy theory that they wanted Ben but he wasn't available until after filming had already started. I honestly felt like the guests were primed to bitch about the food. Pffft.

• Love 10
51 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

No but a lot of his actions last season indicate that he has a lot of issues with women not just Aesha’s vulgarity.

I think we can all agree he was a jerk last season. He's improved a lot and the only thing I took offense to as a woman was him telling Aesha she looked like a hooker. Everything else he said to her was true. In the real world her behavior would be considered sexual harassment, the same way his behavior last year would have been considered sexual harassment. We can't have one rule for him but act like it's okay for her to scratch her vagina and play with Travis' bulge in public. Her behavior is gross and embarrassing and not everyone thinks it's adorable. 

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, spunky said:

think we can all agree he was a jerk last season

I found him much more than a jerk but rather having specific issues focused on women. I wasn’t comparing his behavior to Aesha just pointing out that Aesha is far from the only woman he has had issues with so it’s not merely her behavior.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I found him much more than a jerk but rather having specific issues focused on women. I wasn’t comparing his behavior to Aesha just pointing out that Aesha is far from the only woman he has had issues with so it’s not merely her behavior.

He expresses his issues with women by demeaning them sexually. Last year's "cock juggling" comment was directed at Hannah because she wouldn't look at him and she was gossiping about him in front of her. 
He could have spoken to her directly about her inappropriate behavior but he chose to use sexual imagery to publicly shame her.

With J-Wow, any woman, at any time, can be slut shamed for any reason he chooses.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, spunky said:

In the real world her behavior would be considered sexual harassment, the same way his behavior last year would have been considered sexual harassment. We can't have one rule for him but act like it's okay for her to scratch her vagina and play with Travis' bulge in public.

I dunno. I don't buy into the whole the reverse harassment charge. Most guys, especially in the testosterone poisoned phase of life, would love an attractive girl fondle their swimsuit clad junk. As vulgar their public display may look to some, they're engaged in playing around with each other. No harm no foul.

Hell, even if a guy was just standing around on a street corner minding his own business, he'd then try to get the, 'harasser', her phone#, lol

1 hour ago, spunky said:

and not everyone thinks it's adorable. 

that's obvious judging from some comments.  ;-D

Edited by 100Proof
5 minutes ago, 100Proof said:

I dunno. I don't buy into the whole the reverse harassment charge. Most guys, especially in the testosterone poisoned phase of life, would love an attractive girl fondle their swimsuit clad junk. As vulgar their public display may look to some, they're engaged in playing around with each other. No harm no foul.

Hell, even if a guy was just standing around on a street corner minding his own business, he'd then try to get, the 'harasser', her phone#, lol

But I as a woman would not like to witness that display and I wound resent a woman creating that sort of uncomfortable environment for all cause she craves the males attention. I wouldn’t be happy to have public displays of fondling and inappropriate PDA imposed on me. Just because some Pervy men would be all over the idea of my female coworker masturbating over her swimsuit doesn’t make it no big deal. And To be honest I’d be hard pressed to believe that Colin enjoys the display either. And so what if some of the men would get a boner watching the show? That’s even more of a reason why it’s no ok cause then the mood shifts to a more sexual atmosphere. A mood that not everyone in the group signed on for. 

• Love 12
40 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

But I as a woman would not like to witness that display and I wound resent a woman creating that sort of uncomfortable environment for all cause she craves the males attention. I wouldn’t be happy to have public displays of fondling and inappropriate PDA imposed on me. Just because some Pervy men would be all over the idea of my female coworker masturbating over her swimsuit doesn’t make it no big deal. And To be honest I’d be hard pressed to believe that Colin enjoys the display either. And so what if some of the men would get a boner watching the show? That’s even more of a reason why it’s no ok cause then the mood shifts to a more sexual atmosphere. A mood that not everyone in the group signed on for. 

I get ya about having to witness that kinda stuff in public.  Not sure where and how jumping to the conclusion about pervy men watching at the pool and guys getting boners watching the show at home comes from though, lol.

To be fair, she wasn't masturbating, she's just doing hand gesturing above her bikini bottom for a few seconds. And Jack was tickling Travis's little bump along with Aesha. This stuff wasn't sexual at all, just a bunch of drunks acting foolish. If it was in front of other guests (and it appears there were other people and kids at the the pool) then yeah, it was idiotic.

I mean, lets have a little perspective and context

Ya know...how us guys do the 'partially open fisted and then move hand back gesture' to indicate that someone is being a jerkoff, lol

Edited by 100Proof
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, 100Proof said:

I get ya about having to witness that kinda stuff in public.  Not sure where and how jumping to the conclusion about pervy men watching at the pool and guys getting boners watching the show at home comes from though, lol.

To be fair, she wasn't masturbating, she's just doing hand gesturing above her bikini bottom. I mean, lets have a little perspective and context

I meant the show being put on and anyone witnessing it in person. 

And the perspective is if I were there and had that imposed on me I would have been extremely uncomfortable and offended. A) cause it does draw uncomfortable attention. B) overtly sexual gestures are inappropriate and C) i didn’t sign up to watch grown ups randomly play with genitalia over clothing publicly. It’s not some outlandish expectation to not want to be subjected to stuff like that.  I think it’s more outlandish to believe it’s okay to behave that way in mixed company. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
52 minutes ago, 100Proof said:

Hell, even if a guy was just standing around on a street corner minding his own business, he'd then try to get the, 'harasser', her phone#, lol

As a woman I would be giving her the same side eye Joao was. Her behavior is very crude, especially in the work place and at a work sponsored event. Even though I’m team Joao this year, I would call him out for saying and doing the same things she’s doing.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

And the perspective is if I were there and had that imposed on me I would have been extremely uncomfortable and offended. A) cause it does draw uncomfortable attention. B) overtly sexual gestures are inappropriate and C) i didn’t sign up to watch grown ups randomly play with genitalia over clothing publicly. It’s not some outlandish expectation to not want to be subjected to stuff like that.  I think it’s more outlandish to believe it’s okay to behave that way in mixed company. 

I've added more to my post and agree that that stuff in front of other guests and kids was dumb dumb dumb

• Love 1
1 minute ago, 100Proof said:

I've added more to my post and agree that that stuff in front of other guests and kids was dumb dumb dumb

There didn’t appear to be any children and the few other guests that were at the pool where on the other side and not paying any attention to them.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, spunky said:

As a woman I would be giving her the same side eye Joao was. Her behavior is very crude, especially in the work place and at a work sponsored event. Even though I’m team Joao this year, I would call him out for saying and doing the same things she’s doing.

Probably had their own private area assigned to them, but there are also shots of them in the pool with other people in the background.

Could be both situations happened. One has to remember we're viewing situations that also have a crew of people filming, so I think they probably had a cordoned off section as well as shots in the public pool area that can be filmed from a distance

Edited by 100Proof
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

There didn’t appear to be any children and the few other guests that were at the pool where on the other side and not paying any attention to them.

I did see a few what looked like children in shots, but yeah, no one is paying them any attention. However they're there for hours so who sees what and for how long we;ll never know. We get these second or two scene flashes.  As I said, except for the pool, looks like they had their own private area

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

The thing to do if one were in a situation at some resort or hotel or something and people were doing lewd behavior you'd go tell the manager and they'd put a stop to it. N'est-ce pas?  :)

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, 100Proof said:

s I said, except for the pool, looks like they had their own private area

It’s why I think that everyone else was much more embarrassed by Travis behavior at the time versus the talking heads because at dinner they were around a lot of others and he was being rude to actual people.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

It’s why I think that everyone else was much more embarrassed by Travis behavior at the time versus the talking heads because at dinner they were around a lot of others and he was being rude to actual people.

Ashamed to say that when I was his age I had a similar idiotic encounter with a wait staff member. The stupid moment still haunts me if I memory wander

Edited by 100Proof
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, outofbounds said:

You don't know that most guys would enjoy that type of attention

Saying most guys would welcome her attention because she's hot is no different than someone powerful like Harvey Weinstein assuming women should welcome his grossness because he was rich and powerful.

No, its not. Men are and have been the predominant arbiters in society....its behavior, its business, its politics, how women are treated, ....ev-er-y-thiiiing

Guys like Weinstein have the wherewithal to make or break a persons entire life. You're a slave.

A hot woman? Outside of the power of.... pardon my french...  pussy, they're ain't no sword hanging over ones head if you pass one by.

And, horror of horrors.... men and women ARE different. Not in the brains/intelligence department (personally I'd love the world to be run by women as men mostly ruin it... but not by the chantals, nicoles, jennys tiffanys darcys, angelas, etc etc)... but in the whole biological reproductive imperative, hormonal, emotional, body type/strength sense.

I know the male mind because, well,  I'm one, my friends are, its that part of culture I exist in, etc etc.

I'm not female so I don't know the female mind,  but you do and you're privvy to that world.  Male and female do view, and react, to things differently. 

Edited by 100Proof
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, langford peel said:

I don’t think Aesha is hot. She is young but her whole manner is very off putting to a normal guy. 

Aesha said in the beginning of the season that she was like a pre pubescent boy and that's exactly what she acts like.   Gross for a grown woman.

I think their workplace is very different from a workplace like say an office.  When you work 9-5 you don't live with people you work with.  I imagine living and working with people can create an intimacy you don't get when you work 9-5 with people.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Aesha said in the beginning of the season that she was like a pre pubescent boy and that's exactly what she acts like.   Gross for a grown woman.

She did grow up with 4 brothers. Pretty sure she's not acting out from trauma either. Its her personality before and after

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Special K said:

I know this is the least of the bad behavior on display, but I find it appalling how those two drunkards were freely spilling booze and making an unholy mess all over the yacht's bar.  It's your friends (or, as Travis says "family") who will have to clean it up, idiots, and by tomorrow, too.

That would make me mad.

If Aesha was male and rubbed her crotch and a female co worker's crotch, there would be a lot more people offended.  It would definitely be a HR issue in a normal work environment, on a group outing or not. It borders on sexual assault.  I find her behavior very offensive. And I would have felt the same when I was in my 20s.  Am I am not a sexual prude by any means.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Special K said:

One of the guests said, "I took both, because I'm x, y, z" I can't remember what he said, but he had two slices on cake* on his plate.  I think that's why they were serving it, instead of just having a plated dessert, since there was a choice.

Either way I think it's a set-up, too.

* I would have taken two slices, too. 😉

I would have had both and called it a sampler platter.

Why doesn't the yacht have some type of bbq grill to fix things like burgers, steaks?  It would make them taste a lot better.  Travis could grill while Anastasia made the fries. Or visa versa.  

• Love 3

So we don't go too far afield, Aesha's behavior wasn't sexual harassment as defined by the EEOC. One of the criteria for sexual harassment is that it's unwelcome. Jack and Travis not only engaged in the behavior with Aesha, they supported her the next day. Aesha has no employment related power over them, so there couldn't be repercussions if they didn't support her. Finally, there has to be discrimination involved and Aesha displays the same types of behavior to both sexes. I'm not saying her behavior is acceptable, but it's not sexual harassment.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

I would have had both and called it a sampler platter.

Why doesn't the yacht have some type of bbq grill to fix things like burgers, steaks?   Travis could grill while Anastasia made the fries. 

And Jack can light the grill with his cigarette lighter

• LOL 1
41 minutes ago, Passing Strange said:

So we don't go too far afield, Aesha's behavior wasn't sexual harassment as defined by the EEOC. One of the criteria for sexual harassment is that it's unwelcome. Jack and Travis not only engaged in the behavior with Aesha, they supported her the next day. Aesha has no employment related power over them, so there couldn't be repercussions if they didn't support her. Finally, there has to be discrimination involved and Aesha displays the same types of behavior to both sexes. I'm not saying her behavior is acceptable, but it's not sexual harassment.

What if I'm Colin?  I'm not a part of the behavior, but I'm on a work paid for fun day.  And the co workers actions, while not directed at me, are being done in front of me. 

If it bothers a co worker, are there repercussions?  

I'm asking for knowledge. Not to be argumentative!

Edited by dosodog
Took out the supervisor part. For world peace reasons.
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, dosodog said:

A supervisor has told them to cool it, but they persist. 

No supervisor told them to quit it. In fact Joao has basically ignored Colin every time he complains that the way the talk about woman bothers him.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I guess I took Joao telling her how gross and trashy she was behaving as a "quit it". 

He’s not her supervisor and he didn’t do it to the two men who Colin has actually complained about, Colin has never complained about Aesha. He was also clearly giving her a lecture about how she behaves in life not on the job so he was also crossing lines and not being specific to it being work related. He also can’t suddenly put that hat on when he has previously slut shamed her for dancing and moments earlier called her a prostitute.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, scrb said:

Seems like there's a momentum building up about Ana's food being not good enough.

The first two charters, when Mila was fired and then the next one when she was made chef were fine.

Now Damon and then this crew has all kinds of comments.  As much as they complained about the food, Damon's crew left a big tip.

So maybe there were complaints in the earlier charters and they just didn't air them in the episodes?

Or is this another producer manipulation, prodding the guests to make complaints and ask for their food to be done again?

And then you have Sandy hovering over each meal, asking them if they have anything to say.

It's their prerogative to try to spice up the show, if they think it will attract more viewers that way.  

But looks like Anastasia gets frazzled the next episode, on the verge of tears.  Either she's playing a great role or they're fucking with her and they've broken her confidence.

I think it's entirely possible, too, that Ana basically only has a few tricks and she's exhausted her bag of tricks.  She was ok doing somewhat basic stuff on the first charter when she was filling in, but she doesn't have the skills or training to cook breakfast on demand the way other chefs have nor does she seem to have the diversity to come up with elevated menus and adapt to the criticism.  Her portions are small, the food has amateur mistakes and she is making some pretty basic items.  Caprese salads, pastas, steaks, etc aren't exactly what people would be expecting on a 5 star yacht.  

16 hours ago, terrymct said:

She doesn't need covers.  She needs to learn to time things better.  This is where her lack of professional experience is showing.  Anastasia isn't multitasking well.   She should have dropped the fries toward the end of the time the burgers needed for cooking.  The rice should have stayed in the pot until she was ready to plate.  She's just a bit unorganized.

I also think Anastasia lacks the experience to consider basic plating.  You'd finish the meat first, let it rest.  Heat the plates, but make a sauce, so that when you put it over the meat and the rice, it would warm the rice and sauce back up.  She just gets mad and claims there is nothing she can do, as the food got cold on the trip up to the table.  She claimed the same last week with the steaks, yet they were undercooked.  You can have a cold, yet well done steak.  The steak being cold wouldn't change it being under or overcooked.  If it was rare when they asked for medium, it wasn't because the stews took too long to get them to the table, it was because you did a poor job on the cooking. 

4 hours ago, 100Proof said:

No, its not. Men are and have been the predominant arbiters in society....its behavior, its business, its politics, how women are treated, ....ev-er-y-thiiiing

Guys like Weinstein have the wherewithal to make or break a persons entire life. You're a slave.

A hot woman? Outside of the power of.... pardon my french...  pussy, they're ain't no sword hanging over ones head if you pass one by.

And, horror of horrors.... men and women ARE different. Not in the brains/intelligence department (personally I'd love the world to be run by women as men mostly ruin it... but not by the chantals, nicoles, jennys tiffanys darcys, angelas, etc etc)... but in the whole biological reproductive imperative, hormonal, emotional, body type/strength sense.

I know the male mind because, well,  I'm one, my friends are, its that part of culture I exist in, etc etc.

I'm not female so I don't know the female mind,  but you do and you're privvy to that world.  Male and female do view, and react, to things differently. 

You can speak for yourself and the men that you know.  You don't speak for every man everywhere.  Some men would absolutely have an issue with this.  

2 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

Aesha's behavior could definitely create a hostile work environment.  It wouldn't be a case of sexual harassment if Colin complained about it, for example, as he wasn't the target of the behavior, however, if it makes him uncomfortable it's a hostile work environment and Aesha would most definitely be in trouble for it. 

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, smores said:

It wouldn't be a case of sexual harassment if Colin complained about it, for example, as he wasn't the target of the behavior, however, if it makes him uncomfortable it's a hostile work environment and Aesha would most definitely be in trouble for it. 

But again Colin has complained to his supervisor more than once about how Travis and Jack talk about women and sex during work hours makes him uncomfortable and Joao has done jackshit which is an actual complaint of a hostile work environment that has been shown and it doesn’t include Aesha. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, Lizzing said:

Joao's behavior at dinner was appalling.  And by behavior, I mean the way he held his fork with his fist and shoveled the food in his mouth.  He's not arthritic, lest he could not do his job as he does & we'd have heard about it by now.  He's on a luxury yacht and around people who know how to hold utensils properly, so he could pick up a damn clue. He is not in a stage production of Oliver!.   He has no excuse.

I noticed that also. I cringe when I see adults holding eating utensils that way. I don't even think children should hold utensils that way past the age of three.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

But again Colin has complained to his supervisor more than once about how Travis and Jack talk about women and sex during work hours makes him uncomfortable and Joao has done jackshit which is an actual complaint of a hostile work environment that has been shown and it doesn’t include Aesha. 

I think Joao sucks at the way he is managing Travis and Jack all around, to be honest.  Colin is getting screwed this season, because Joao knows he is reliable and he will do what he asks (and likely doesn't even need to ask, Colin just knows the stuff that needs to be done).  Every time you see Colin and Joao struggling to accomplish something and then they show Jack and Travis fucking off somewhere else, it's a situation that should be addressed, but Joao waffles on it.  He tries to bring some stuff up, they push back and he is like, screw it, I'll do it myself.  But that puts more shit on Colin, because Colin shows up.

On top of that, Colin has expressed that he's not thrilled with the conversations that they have and Joao has done nothing about it.  

I was simply saying (in my previous post), that even if Travis didn't care if Aesha had touched him, she still could be in trouble for creating a hostile work environment if Colin was uncomfortable with seeing the situation go down.  I wasn't excluding all of the other reasons that the work environment also sucks, because Joao, while he HAS shown a lot of growth this season, really needs to step up and manage his people better.

Also is it super common for there to be all of these animal related incidents in Zimbabwe? Didn't he have a story about being run down by a rhino last season? And now this season his mother was beaten with an elephant bone? I'm honestly not making fun of the situation, I'm just kind of baffled as to how common these sorts of incidents are.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, smores said:

animal related incidents in Zimbabwe? Didn't he have a story about being run down by a rhino last season? And now this season his mother was beaten with an elephant bone? I'm honestly not making fun of the situation, I'm just kind of baffled as to how common these sorts of incidents are.

He mentioned both of these incidents last season. I don’t know if I would categorize home invaders grabbing an elephant bone to attack a person as an “animal related incident”.

10 minutes ago, smores said:

was simply saying (in my previous post), that even if Travis didn't care if Aesha had touched him, she still could be in trouble for creating a hostile work environment if Colin was uncomfortable with seeing the situation go down.  I wasn't excluding all of the other reasons that the work environment also sucks, because Joao, while he HAS shown a lot of growth this season, really needs to step up and manage his people better.

And I am saying they are the same situation of being uncomfortable at work because of talking/acting out about sec but one he has actually complained about  and one he hasn’t.

21 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

She's a piece of work (with regards to this topic). I like her when she's not pussy popping to an audience. 

I don't like Aesha at all, right down to her grating voice and annoying as hell voice inflections. What is there to like with this woman?

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

Her behavior still creates a hostile work environment if she’s making at least one person feel uncomfortable, which she was. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, smores said:

I think Joao sucks at the way he is managing Travis and Jack all around, to be honest.  Colin is getting screwed this season, because Joao knows he is reliable and he will do what he asks (and likely doesn't even need to ask, Colin just knows the stuff that needs to be done).  Every time you see Colin and Joao struggling to accomplish something and then they show Jack and Travis fucking off somewhere else, it's a situation that should be addressed, but Joao waffles on it.  He tries to bring some stuff up, they push back and he is like, screw it, I'll do it myself.  But that puts more shit on Colin, because Colin shows up.

On top of that, Colin has expressed that he's not thrilled with the conversations that they have and Joao has done nothing about it.  

I was simply saying (in my previous post), that even if Travis didn't care if Aesha had touched him, she still could be in trouble for creating a hostile work environment if Colin was uncomfortable with seeing the situation go down.  I wasn't excluding all of the other reasons that the work environment also sucks, because Joao, while he HAS shown a lot of growth this season, really needs to step up and manage his people better.

Also is it super common for there to be all of these animal related incidents in Zimbabwe? Didn't he have a story about being run down by a rhino last season? And now this season his mother was beaten with an elephant bone? I'm honestly not making fun of the situation, I'm just kind of baffled as to how common these sorts of incidents are.

Joao doesn’t know how to manage difficult employees. He stated on Twitter that Travis reminds him of how he was last season (minus the drinking at work) , and he’s trying to guide him instead of shutting him down like Conrad did with him. The problem is, Travis and Jack are not open to being managed because they don’t respect anyone in authority. At least Joao always respected and listened to Sandy, these two idiots don’t even do that. The elephant bone thing, was the same robbery he spoke of last year, he just gave more information this time around. I still think there’s more to that story. I could see him getting attacked by a Rhino. He most likely was that bad child, who thought he could do whatever he wanted and most likely did something to make the animal angry.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

This! It basically comes down to this: everyone doesn’t want to watch that shit. I don’t care if Jack and Travis didn’t care, the other people around them did. That should count for something. 

• Love 6

There is zero excuse for calling a woman a hooker. Zero. Or for policing her sexual and social behavior. It doesn't matter how she behaves.

Joao realized he'd gone too far and defaulted to his manipulative pity card: his family's robbery. He quickly claimed that Aesha reminded him of his mother, implying that his misogyny is actually an attempt to protect Aesha. Horseshit. As another poster noted, he didn't call Jack any sexist names. Shame on Sandy for glomming onto this jerk and singing his praises (for camera time).

Jack and Travis see Joao for what he is - a thirsty butt-kisser. So they're punishing him.

Aesha and Jack are giving production what it wants and encourages: trashy behavior.

Loved her swimsuit.

Travis is depressed. So of course Hannah is like a moth to the flame. If she partnered with a mature man, what would she complain about?

I think Colin has a strong introverted side. In the face of dealing with Jack and Travis 24/7, he has no place to go to recharge his batteries. I also suspect he's a little bit immature.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 6

If I were Colin, Anastasia and June I would refuse to go out to dinner or hang out with the toxic trio. Look you are with them 24/7 why do you need to spend all your free time with them?

I know it’s a TV show but refusing to hang out with the them because of their crude and noxious behavior can be an interesting storyline. Maybe if a decent guy like Colin rejects her behavior Aesha might stop and think for a moment. I just wouldn’t mind a story about not associating with them. Plus why would I want to pal around with that lazy bastard Jack who only makes more work for me or that drunken embarrassment Travis?

You don’t have to quit but you don’t have to indulge them either. I think this might be what Colin’s meeting with the Captain is about. It’s not immature to act like a decent human being with respect for yourself and other people.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, dosodog said:

What if I'm Colin?  I'm not a part of the behavior, but I'm on a work paid for fun day.  And the co workers actions, while not directed at me, are being done in front of me. 

If it bothers a co worker, are there repercussions?  

I'm asking for knowledge. Not to be argumentative!

I think this would be deemed a hostile work environment, or something like that. 

I agree with @Passing Strange that we need to be precise.  Rape, sexual harassment, sexual molestation, assault, etc. -- they are NOT THE SAME THING.

• Love 2

I'm not saying her behavior is acceptable, but it's not sexual harassment.

While Jwow calling her a hooker IS much closer because it was fucking sexist, unwanted, and he is a senior officer. Fucking asshole. I get that he's trying to be less of a dick, but he is failing because he doesn't acknowledge how many issues he has with women.

• Love 3

When a person's go to insults for a woman who is acting like a juvenile classless asshole are to call her a slut, whore, prostitute, or any other kind of gendered insult instead of calling her a juvenile classless asshole, I'm going to have to say that person is a misogynist. Furthermore when a person only seems to want to publicly criticize asshole behavior when a woman is the perpetrator, I'm gonna say that it's more proof that he has a problem with women. It's not any more ok to call a woman a slut for acting like a tacky juvenile idiot than it is to call a person of color a racial epithet for acting like an asshole. If the first words in your insult arsenal are sexist or racist, you're a sexist or a racist. And Joao is that. Maybe not racist, but some of his treatment of Jamie last season made me wonder. Additionally, Zimbabwe's predecessor existed because the white people who ran the country saw that the world wanted to actually allow Black Africans to run their countries and they were having none of it. They wanted more racism and inequality. 

He's white knuckling it right now, not because he saw his behavior last season and wanted to change, but because he was shocked when the internet saw his attitude and behavior and called him the future subject of a Dateline special because he murdered his girlfriend or wife. Four other people thought Aesha, Jack, and Travis were acting like assholes. Those four people managed to express their displeasure without calling the one female member of the axis of idiocy a slut, prostitute, or trollop. It's not that fucking hard so I'm not going to give Joao a pass for being 30% less horrible than last season. 

Anastasia has decided to stake her claim on insufferable mountain. Apparently, this is a hill she's willing to die on. She is unbelievably arrogant. It's quite unpleasant.

I feel like Travis has a decent soul deep down, but he's a very troubled guy.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, biakbiak said:

My perspective is more about if I were Hannah, Colin or Anastasia. I would be absolutely annoyed if they did that in my presence cause it would have made me uncomfortable. Taking liberties that extend to sexually obscene behavior even around people you know is still absolutely wrong. I say this because I've been in situations where I've been stuck around people completely disinterested in my discomfort. I've been through a few very uncomfortable situations and some that were very aggressive so no I don't want to have to "be okay" with any kind of sexual "playfulness". People shouldn't think they could subject others to that sort of behavior. Even stuff that seems "benign" to some may be extremely uncomfortable for other people. Just the perverse energy of the way they were acting, vulgar body language, and overall distastefulness would have made me feel skeevy and anxious. Why should people be able to inflict that level of distress to someone else because they want to be able to "just have fun" and demand others to "not be too sensitive".  That's why certain things are unacceptable across the board (like details surrounding sexual behaviors, innuedos and comments). So that people don't have to justified why what is no big deal to one can be extremely disturbing to another. I feel that the trio crossed the line in that respect. They may have raunchy senses of humor and enjoy the petting and vulgarity but their topic of play falls into a sensitive category. One that they seem to think they don't need to be conscience of and I find that upsetting. Wanting to have fun doesn't mean you have to completely disregard the company your in.  Especially when it comes to the nature of their playfulness.

• Love 6