Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E16: Power of Veto #5

• Start Topic

I'd like to see the veto competition on the feeds. There were some lambs in there with the ewes. It wasn't that bad for the sheep. They like running around and the contestants didn't mishandle them.

A couple of Saturdays ago I was scrubbing mucky lamb butts and trimming their poopy wool. They didn't like it but necessary for their health.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I don't watch the live feeds (but do read about them) so this was the first time I've heard Tommy and Sam's "real" voices.  I've watched every season of BBCan and BBUS, and for me - this season is just boring. I have no one I'm cheering for. The only thing I'm enjoying is watching Jackson's face get bigger and bigger.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I don't know what shocked me more, Jack as Bo Peep, or that they actually brought a herd of sheep into the backyard. (Or that Jack was such a good sport about it.) 

I'm glad we have Lamb 18 here to comment because you know there will be people complaining the sheep were being exploited and mistreated. 

I realized tonight that there are only a few people I like enough to hope they stay. Sam, Kat and Nicole. Cliff, I guess. That's it. It doesn't mean I hate the rest, I just don't find them particularly compelling or funny or interesting. I don't have any interest at all in Jolly, or Hackson, or whatever we're calling them. I just don't get them at all as a couple. Same for Jack and Analyse. 

I feel like Holly got an unflattering edit tonight, or maybe she just rubbed me the wrong way. I fast-forwarded the Veto comp after awhile despite enjoying the sheep, because of the horrible, stilted DR segments. Again, Holly's were particularly irritating, like she was narrating a commercial. 

• Love 4

I really felt badly for the sheep.  It’s not cool to stress those cuties out for a dumb game.

So the braids are a permanent thing then huh.  Aces.

If Jack’s name apparently isn’t even Jack, but Jackson’s name is really Jackson, couldn’t they have just asked Jack to go by his actual name, Jon, to prevent any confusion?

My son hasn’t watched this season at all, and he was watching the beginning, and when Sam was in the DR he said “does he always talk like that?”

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Nick wins The Sheep Rodeo!  That was cute.  Bye Sam.  Nice try. 

Now Nick is taking over the yelling duties.

Tommy is again on my last nerve.  Funny he can't shower!  Let's spread that punishment around.  They all stink anyway.  The lotion treatment is hilarious.  I'm sure they cleaned him up first.  Damn!

Jack deserves that Little Bo Peep outfit.

I never noticed before how strange Holly's face is.

Lego Head gets more annoying every episode.  Sorry Holly, Anal isn't masterminding some grand strategy here, she's just dumb.

When does Christy's power expire?

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, mojoween said:

If Jack’s name apparently isn’t even Jack, but Jackson’s name is really Jackson, couldn’t they have just asked Jack to go by his actual name, Jon, to prevent any confusion?

Because it was by "Jack"s decreed that he would remain The One True Jack and Jackson would from now on be known a Michie.

I don't think I've ever had a houseguest fall so hard and so fast out of my favor in one episode (where they actually got to speak) as Holly did today. What. A. Bitch. As they say beauty is only skin deep but ugly goes down to the bone...

54 minutes ago, Lamima said:

It's funny these dummies never believe the folks who tell them the truth and they believe the liars (AKA: Kristie and Tommy) instead.  

Yeah funny how that happens, huh? There be snakes in the house and you can tell which ones by the bright colors.

Jack was a little toooo comfortable with that Bo Peep outfit on... I'm just sayin.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, mojoween said:

If Jack’s name apparently isn’t even Jack, but Jackson’s name is really Jackson, couldn’t they have just asked Jack to go by his actual name, Jon, to prevent any confusion?

My son hasn’t watched this season at all, and he was watching the beginning, and when Sam was in the DR he said “does he always talk like that?”

I still can’t figure out why Jack and Jackson were too hard but Nick and Nicole wasn’t. 

Yes, Sam USUALLY shouts random words IN his SENTENCES. (Although this WeEK he was sad b/c of the nom SO he was quieter.)

@papertree I think after next week’s eviction. 

Nick made me lol w/ his “manifest manifest manifest manifest” DR. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

Yes, Sam USUALLY shouts random words IN his SENTENCES. (Although this WeEK he was sad b/c of the nom SO he was quieter.)

This cracked me up because it's true. I'll miss Sam's bonkers DRs. Send it! 

(I know his voice drives a lot of people crazy and he isn't a master player, but I feel like in real life he's a nice guy and a lot of fun.) 

Edited by Melina22
  • Love 16

Not much to say...I'm pretty much over the season after the sight of David, Kemi, and Ovi lined up in chairs wearing cub scout uniforms while Jack and Jackson run wild in the house.

Didn't need to see Little Bo Creep so I fast-forwarded to the end of the comp. Things only got interesting at the very end. Yes, Holly, you are a package deal and you are like Nick and Bella who killed the messenger and wouldn't believe the person speaking the truth over the liars.

Jackson is a sleaze if you noticed the minute he was on the outs somewhat with Holly we find in in the hammock with KAT. That should have been a bit of a wakeup call for Holly.

Nick really is right...there are no two sides...just one group picking everyone off. This season is a dud...you can't ring any suspense out of foregone conclusions and boot orders.

• Love 14

So...this episode happened. It's adorable that the editors tried to make it seem like something interesting might happen.

Nick's dead eyes and voice during the veto ceremony were both creepy and hilarious. I cannot stand him but I wish he and Sam could both stay and try again to do *something*. At least they'd have a chance to win the physical comps.

I hate this season, and it figures that two of the people I even remotely like are on the block. Bye Sam. Run free, escape this gross yet still boring season.

Holly is 31? Sure Jan. I guess she was trying to give personality in her DRs tonight.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

What's with all the live animal comps? I hope these house guests have a lesson on how to handle them before hand. 

Right? The only other one I can think of in BBUS history is the "find the house's pet pug among a herd of 50 pugs" filler challenge from BB1. I know there was quite a few on BBUK and BB Australia before they both got cancelled, but it's especially jarring coming from this franchise that usually dresses up the same boring challenges with new set decoration every damn year.

• Useful 3

The sheep were far more entertaining than the alleged humans.  And far more "humane" and pleasant than the alleged humans.  Sheep Herd for America's Favorite. 

This season totally sucks.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

What's with all the live animal comps? I hope these house guests have a lesson on how to handle them before hand. 

I assumed they had been told how to handle them, because they didn't just grab any part of them.  Did they have to show them being trained first?

• Love 3

Christie says she hates Jackson (justifiably, since he orders her around and will obviously chop her and Tommy's heads off once it's down to just the Six-Shooters). Tonight was ANOTHER chance for her to pull a palace coup and get his ass out. Just go to Nick and offer him the Diamond Power in exchange for his promise to put Jackson up.

Christie, Tommy, Cliff, Nicole, Jessica and Nick vote Jackson out.

AnalLice, Little Bo Creep (aka Jack), Holly and Kat vote for Sam.

Boom! Jackson's out.

Does she do this? No, she instead opts to take orders from Jackson the Jackass AGAIN (who couldn't resist the opportunity to swing his dick around and intimidate Christie unnecessarily), thus ensuring she and Tommy will be picked off one by one when their turn comes.

(BTW: I floated my scenario to Mrs. RaiderDuck last night. Her response: "Honey, that's a nice plan, but it would require these idiots to actually THINK and STRATEGIZE when they'd rather be led to the slaughter".)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Just a mildly interesting thing: After his Little Bo Creep appearance in the Veto Comp, there was no sign of Jack in the remainder of the episode.  Not complaining, just found it mildly interesting.

I was worried about the sheeples mishandling the sheep.  Maybe because I value animal life over hamster life all day, every day.  I don't think the house environment is safe or healthy for an innocent animal.  I think the last time BB had an animal in the house was BB2 when the houseguests got a pig for a few days - and Dr. Will had to rescue it from drowning in the swimming pool when it fell in.

Also, CBS has another list of words they're not allowed to use with their new program "Beyond the Valley of the Trollops" AKA Love Island:
Anal Warts
Blue Waffle
Abreva
Herpes Twister
Blumpkin
Vienna Sausage
Vacuous Fratbro
Floordrobe

• LOL 3
11 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

I don't think I've ever had a houseguest fall so hard and so fast out of my favor in one episode (where they actually got to speak) as Holly did today. What. A. Bitch. As they say beauty is only skin deep but ugly goes down to the bone...

THIS!  Holly may be cute but NO personality whatsoever.  Even her speaking voice is BORING!

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:

THIS!  Holly may be cute but NO personality whatsoever.  Even her speaking voice is BORING!

Personally, I didn't find her boring as much as abrasive. Sort of emotionless. 

That said, as I commented on the live feed thread, I did love her comment to Christie when she was babbling about how God and the universe were sending her a sign that they needed to put up Sam instead of Nick. "Seems like a stretch." 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Christie says she hates Jackson (justifiably, since he orders her around and will obviously chop her and Tommy's heads off once it's down to just the Six-Shooters). Tonight was ANOTHER chance for her to pull a palace coup and get his ass out. Just go to Nick and offer him the Diamond Power in exchange for his promise to put Jackson up.

Christie, Tommy, Cliff, Nicole, Jessica and Nick vote Jackson out.

AnalLice, Little Bo Creep (aka Jack), Holly and Kat vote for Sam.

Boom! Jackson's out.

Does she do this? No, she instead opts to take orders from Jackson the Jackass AGAIN (who couldn't resist the opportunity to swing his dick around and intimidate Christie unnecessarily), thus ensuring she and Tommy will be picked off one by one when their turn comes.

(BTW: I floated my scenario to Mrs. RaiderDuck last night. Her response: "Honey, that's a nice plan, but it would require these idiots to actually THINK and STRATEGIZE when they'd rather be led to the slaughter".)

She's also said she hates Jack, but never does anything about that either.

• Love 2

I'm glad Sam at least won the trip (it was him right?) So it wasn't a total lose for him but I wish he could stay since I like him. 

I was *this* close to deleting this episode off my PVR without watching it and honestly I might skip the rest of the season. 

• Love 8
Just now, amazingracefan said:

She's also said she hates Jack, but never does anything about that either.

I honestly believe Christie has decided she's happy with a fifth or sixth-place finish, because that's all her current game is good for (i.e. sticking around as the ass end of the Six-Shooters and being booted right before or after Tommy -- the Jackholes will keep their GFs around as long as they can).

If she's trying to actually WIN, she's doing terrible at it, as she's squandering weekly chances to get rid of either Jackhole.

• Love 4

So it appears that Cliff's brilliant strategy is to sit on the sidelines and wait until the Six-Shooters start turning on each other. Hmm, anyone see a problem with that strategy? Like maybe he won't be around long enough to see that happen? Yeah, get back to me and let me know how that works out for you, Cliff.

I fast-forwarded the Veto comp after awhile despite enjoying the sheep, because of the horrible, stilted DR segments. Again, Holly's were particularly irritating, like she was narrating a commercial. 

I've been harping on this for awhile but it really is killing the show. There is such an obvious script in the editing department. "Insert 2 minutes of wacky footage. Cut to HG #1 describing the challenge. Insert 2 minutes of wacky footage. Cut to HG #2 describing the challenge. Insert 2 minutes of wacky footage. Cut to HG #3 explaining why they want to win the Veto. Insert 2 minutes of wacky footage. Cut to HG #4 explaining why they want to win the Veto."

It all feels so staged and prompted, none of it feels organic or genuine. The way they talk in the DR just sounds so stilted like they're repeating back whatever the producer just told them to say.

• Love 9
53 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

It all feels so staged and prompted, none of it feels organic or genuine. The way they talk in the DR just sounds so stilted like they're repeating back whatever the producer just told them to say.

There is absolutely a teleprompter in the DR and some contestants are better reading their designated lines than others.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

There is absolutely a teleprompter in the DR and some contestants are better reading their designated lines than others.

Yep has been since Grodner took over.  For years now.  No one speaks like these people do in real life.  The only "real" thing in the diary room is when one of them is having some sort of breakdown moment and Grodner gets some bonus footage that way.  Otherwise they just read their script. 

And one person is always made the "yeller" each season too so Sam has been assigned that role this season.  If he doesn't yell enough I'm sure they just tell him "take two, with more yelling."

Remember under the original producer when we would get some great, natural diary rooms from the likes of Dr Wil and Danielle.  Those were the days back when reality TV was still somewhat at least "real."  And when casting was interesting as well.

Edited by green
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, green said:

Yep has been since Grodner took over.  For years now.  No one speaks like these people do in real life.  The only "real" thing in the diary room is when one of them is having some sort of breakdown moment and Grodner gets some bonus footage that way. 

It literally never occurred to me that there was a teleprompter. What a bad idea. It explains a lot. 

Edited by Melina22

Ha, Jackson was mad that Holly didn't like what he did, because he is a person with his own mouth and brain.  But, he also has no problem bossing around everyone else! I really am annoyed anytime he is on the tv. 

Yeah. Another boring episode.  

• Love 6
17 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Tommy is again on my last nerve.  Funny he can't shower!  Let's spread that punishment around.  They all stink anyway.  The lotion treatment is hilarious.  I'm sure they cleaned him up first.  Damn!

It looked like they just put on more of the "poison ivy" makeup, nowhere near the color of calamine lotion.

53 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

It literally never occurred to me that there was a teleprompter.

You can sometimes hear unnatural breaks between words and inflection changes. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Nick pretty much admitted that He only wanted Jessica to play Veto,because she wouldn’t win because she’s not “athletic” he kept low key hinting at her weight. 

Not cool for a guy who’s a freaking Therapist to Children. 

Jessica does suck as a player, but these people every year act like having nice bodies is the key to winning. When in most cases the more fit people suck at the comps. 

Also Jackson referring to everyone else in the house as “common folk”.... the idiot continues on.. 

I’m gonna miss Sam, he annoys a lot of people with his loudness, but at least seems a like a genuine nice person. 

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, LoneHaranguer said:

You can sometimes hear unnatural breaks between words and inflection changes. 

You can also see their eyes moving sometimes while reading this shit.  And, again, no one talks in a hyper, animated tone like they all do in real comments.  Nor would they sound the same in tone and outlook like they do while reading the scripts they are given.

Edited by green

Maybe there will be a jury buyback, and Sam can come back. I wouldn't mind any/all of Kemi, Ovi, Cliff, David or Sam back actually, in a future season where they inevitably bring people back.

I feel insulted when they show bit after bit of people pretending like something other than the obvious is going to happen. I'm not stupid, BB. Since this Pagonging is so very boring, TPTB should be encouraging fluid alliances (or, in Survivor-speak, temporary voting blocs,) voting according to your very own game interests and not "with the house," and legitimately having Actual Suspense. But no, we get Grodner's Pets being given free passes to do whatever they want, boring predictability, crap twists that have no effect and fizzle immediately and horrible, horrible people and equivalent game-play.

I would like to see an entire season of recruits, so we can watch them fumble their way through, perhaps creating genuine chaos in their wake, and a corresponding season of only superfan applicants. Because right now, it looks like everyone except Cliff, Ovi and Sam were rejects from Love Island.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, mojoween said:

I really felt badly for the sheep.  It’s not cool to stress those cuties out for a dumb game.

So the braids are a permanent thing then huh.  Aces.

I said that too that Jack should be Jon and Jackson could be Jackson. And I think Sam, whether that is his real voice or not sounds like the announcer guy.

21 hours ago, Melina22 said:

This cracked me up because it's true. I'll miss Sam's bonkers DRs. Send it! 

(I know his voice drives a lot of people crazy and he isn't a master player, but I feel like in real life he's a nice guy and a lot of fun.) 

I find Sam amusing in a good way and not an annoying way.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, mertensia said:

"Nicole is so shady! She never talks strategy! !"

That couldn't possibly be because you've declared her persona non grata, could it?

Sheep!! 

I also wanted to throw something at the TV when Holly said that she didn’t trust Nicole because of all the drama she caused with Bella. Excuse me, Ms Three-Fries-Short-of-a-Happy-Meal, you seem to have forgotten that Nicole and Bella had words because you and Sis lied to Bella, blaming Nicole for things you did. 

14 hours ago, HighMaintenance said:

Also, CBS has another list of words they're not allowed to use with their new program "Beyond the Valley of the Trollops" AKA Love Island:
Anal Warts
Blue Waffle
Abreva
Herpes Twister
Blumpkin
Vienna Sausage
Vacuous Fratbro
Floordrobe

Those of us who watch both testify that BB is much skeevier. Much. 

Between this episode and the previous one, Kat’s conspiracy theories made me realize why she could have a Mensa-level IQ but still be a dingbat. She’s an emotional thinker, rather than a logical or strategic one. Witness her genius plan to have Holly put her up. 

Jackson is the tooliest tool who ever tooled. 

• Love 2