Type keyword(s) to search

Media: Sam and Bucky In the News!

• Start Topic

Kari Skogland To Direct 6-Part ‘The Falcon And The Winter Soldier’ Miniseries With Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, Daniel Bruhl & Emily Van Camp

Kari Skogland has been set to direct the six-part Disney+ miniseries The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, with Avengers: Endgame‘s Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan starring. Sources said Captain America: Civil War‘s Daniel Bruhl and Emily Van Camp are also in talks to join. The miniseries will air in August 2020.

• Love 2

I'd like to see Emily Van Camp. I like her and was never completely ok with how they ditched her character. I could see her having good chemistry (in general, not necessarily romantic) with Mackie and Stan. I'm not sure how they'd bring Daniel Bruhl in, unless he escapes? Or somehow rehabilitates? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

Ugh, I never wanted to see Sharon Carter in MCU ever again. 

Me either. I don't know that actress from anything else but she was bland as white rice as Sharon. I'm 25% less interested now.

• Love 2

Sharon Carter is fine, though I don't really know what her role will be. Hopefully not a romantic interest for either Bucky or Sam, because that would leave a sour taste - 'Hey, she's not good enough for Steve, but for one of you guys? Have at it.'

Zemo I can kind of see playing a Hannibal Lecter role, from behind bars. They need information from him on a Hydra/Sokovian/AIM plot, and taunts them while supposedly cooperating.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, festivus said:

Me either. I don't know that actress from anything else but she was bland as white rice as Sharon. I'm 25% less interested now.

that's pretty much all the actress can do.  very poorly cast (IMO) yet Emily Van Camp keeps getting work, never understand it.

1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

that's pretty much all the actress can do.  very poorly cast (IMO) yet Emily Van Camp keeps getting work, never understand it.

yeah, seems like one of their few casting missteps. Please for the love of Thor, don't hook her up with either Bucky or Sam. I'd rather see Buck and Sam hook up with each other. Or even go get Nat's corpse from Voromir and reanimate it. Literally anything else. Or better yet, nothing.

NOROMO!

1 hour ago, festivus said:

yeah, seems like one of their few casting missteps. Please for the love of Thor, don't hook her up with either Bucky or Sam. I'd rather see Buck and Sam hook up with each other. Or even go get Nat's corpse from Voromir and reanimate it. Literally anything else. Or better yet, nothing.

NOROMO!

Sadly, the Bucky/Natasha relationship is going to be comics canon only, I think. But I'm all for Bucky dipping his toes into the 21st century dating game, and seeing how a formerly confident ladies man might struggle to adapt to modern women. I hope that's something the writers won't overlook.

7 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:

Sadly, the Bucky/Natasha relationship is going to be comics canon only, I think. But I'm all for Bucky dipping his toes into the 21st century dating game, and seeing how a formerly confident ladies man might struggle to adapt to modern women. I hope that's something the writers won't overlook.

yeah, that's okay. Just not with Sharon please. Surely he met some ladies in Wakanda or something. Is he even that far along in his recovery though? I mean who knows since Bucky has basically been a cardboard box with hair on it for the last few movies. We have nothing to go on hardly with his development except for SS's emotive eyes.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, festivus said:

yeah, that's okay. Just not with Sharon please. Surely he met some ladies in Wakanda or something. Is he even that far along in his recovery though? I mean who knows since Bucky has basically been a cardboard box with hair on it for the last few movies. We have nothing to go on hardly with his development except for SS's emotive eyes.

I don't think he's as traumatised as he was, given he seemed fairly at-ease when greeting Steve in Infinity War. If he can make a joke about being semi-stable, he's probably more than semi-stable.

But that's why I think dipping his toes in is the right metaphor. He shouldn't be given some epic, all-consuming love interest, because he simply has too much going on in his life to approach anything like that honestly.

This is really Marvel's last chance to do Bucky justice, and I really want them to get it right. I don't want him to be a navel-gazing, self-pitying misery, but I don't want him to be happy-go-lucky and quippy either. I'm sure Sebastian Stan can get the balance right, so I just hope the writing does too.

• Love 4

I personally would rather have Sharon than Zemo (but neither for romantic interests, please). Although I recognize that he was the catalyst for the events of Civil War, Zemo's gripe was about Sokovia, which neither Sam nor Bucky was involved in, and I didn't find him that interesting the first time.

I've also never read the comics, so I don't have any expectations of the characters other than what has been shown in the MCU to date (so: Sam being a beautiful sass machine and Bucky being tragic and long-suffering). Give me six episodes of Sam and Bucky taking down criminals and bickering good-naturedly, and I will be happy.

• Love 4

Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan Tease 'Falcon and Winter Soldier' Series

Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan sat down with Kevin Frazier on Saturday where they shared how they are doing since the release of Avengers: Endgame.

"The world's a mess," Stan joked. "These are dark times."

As for Mackie, he said, "It's been great. We have been on a pretty nice vacation," with Stan adding, "I think we're OK."

The two also dished on what fans can expect on their upcoming Disney+ series, Falcon and Winter Soldier.

"There's an angry guy with one arm and there's a confused guy with wings and they're in a show together," teased Mackie.

"We're just going to do our best to survive," Stan added.

• Love 1

Walker started out as the somewhat buffoonish villain Super Patriot, a reactionary fanatic determined to replace Captain America as the heroic symbol of America.

Well, that sounds rather on the nose for current times. Not that I'm complaining. I'm more than happy for this show to touch on contemporary politics and culture, particularly if it can contrast that to Bucky's 1940s attitudes, and even to his residual knowledge of the Cold War.

• Love 2

Sebastian Stan Promises ‘Crazy Stuff’ In Marvel’s ‘Falcon And Winter Soldier’ Disney+ Series
By Nicole Massabrook 10/21/19
https://www.ibtimes.com/sebastian-stan-promises-crazy-stuff-marvels-falcon-winter-soldier-disney-series-2850660 

“I have seen [the scripts], yeah. I am so excited about it, and it’s gonna be so cool,” he teased at the Fandemic Tour fan convention in Houston over the weekend.

Stan has played Bucky since 2011’s “Captain America: The First Avenger,” but he assured fans that this would finally give them a real look at the character’s mindset.

“All I can say is that it’s definitely new and different from what you’ve seen so far,” he said. “I mean, it’ll be totally in line with everything that has happened and what we’ve seen and so on, but these characters are getting such additional mileage in terms of learning about who they are now, what they feel, what they’re thinking.”
The actor promised a mix of action and comedy—typical for Marvel Studios—and noted that the twists in “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier” will leave audiences in disbelief. “There is some crazy stuff, like stuff you don’t see coming from anywhere and you’re like ‘Oh god!’” he said.

In another question and answer session at Fandemic Tour, Stan was asked about his favorite Winter Soldier arm. Stan teased, “The one from Wakanda has a couple more features that we haven’t explored yet.” It sounds like maybe the limited series could show off more of the arm’s capabilities.

Stan also assured audiences that no one is trying to replace Steve Rogers. “Captain America will never be the same without Chris Evans. It just won’t,” he said. “It doesn’t mean that ‘Captain America’ is over, it just means that that particular [franchise] will never be the same. … Sam and Bucky are going to have to figure out how to incorporate life without that big guy...We’re gonna do our best.”
“The Falcon and the Winter Soldier” is set to hit Disney+ in fall 2020. It’ll be the first of several Marvel Studios TV shows on the streaming service that connect to the movies. “Wandavision” and “Loki” are due out in Spring 2021 and “Hawkeye” is set for fall 2021. “She-Hulk,” “Ms. Marvel” and “Moon Knight” are also on the way.

SEBASTIAN STAN Avengers Panel - Fandemic Tour Houston 2019
Fandom Spotlite   Oct. 20, 2019

Edited by tv echo
On 5/23/2019 at 5:18 AM, strippedhalo said:

[snip]

I've also never read the comics, so I don't have any expectations of the characters other than what has been shown in the MCU to date (so: Sam being a beautiful sass machine and Bucky being tragic and long-suffering). Give me six episodes of Sam and Bucky taking down criminals and bickering good-naturedly, and I will be happy.

ITA on the bolded part. This, plus the Loki show are the only reasons I would sign up for Disney+. 

• Love 1

‘The Falcon & The Winter Soldier’: Carl Lumbly Joins Marvel’s Disney+ Series

Carl Lumbly (Supergirl, Doctor Sleep), has joined the cast of Marvel Studios’ The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, the Disney+ superhero series now filming in Atlanta and slated to premiere on the subscription streaming service in August.

Lumbly recently had a recurring role as the father of J’onn J’onzz, aka the Martian Manhunter, on The CW series Supergirl. (It was a live-action role that called back to his earlier voice work portraying the Martian Manhunter himself on the well-regarded Justice League animated series.)

• Love 2

Definitely NOT premiering in August

While Disney hasn’t made a specific statement, Marvel Studios’ The Falcon and the Winter Soldier was not on a list sent to media of titles coming to the streaming service in August.

Delays were expected when production shut down on March 10th in Prague where parts of the series were being filmed.

The production also overcame a hurdle earlier in 2020 when earthquakes in Puerto Rico also changed their shooting schedule.

Despite the pause in principle photography, the majority of the series was filmed in Georgia before the shutdown and footage was shown at this year’s shareholder’s meeting.

This revelation likely also pushes back the release of other Marvel Studios Disney+ projects like WandaVision and Loki.

18 hours ago, xaxat said:

This was inadvertently prescient.

Inadvertently, right. That's what they want you to think. You know he's in on it with Bill Gates. #plandemic.

[/s] (The fact that I felt I had to put this here makes me sad)

2021? ...

WandaVision Is Coming To Disney+ This Year, But What's Going On With The Falcon And The Winter Soldier?
ERIK SWANN   SEP. 16. 2020
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2554881/wandavision-is-coming-to-disney-this-year-but-whats-going-on-with-the-falcon-and-the-winter-soldier 

Disney+ announced its slate of original content to premiere throughout the remainder of 2020, and WandaVision was included in the announcement alongside titles like Disney’s Black Beauty adaptation and the upcoming Inside Pixar special. WandaVision was always set to be released in December 2020, but the delays cast doubt on the project reaching that release window. Thankfully, it looks like things will pan out. Disney+ also released a video to showcase the new content. Check it out:

Originally slated to be released back in August, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier halted production in March. The show was filming in Prague at the time and was said to have at least a few weeks of shooting left to go. Production has now started back up, but it’s possible that there may not be enough time to get the show complete it for a 2020 release.

WandaVision, on the other hand, reportedly wrapped back in March, shortly before the lockdown began. However, it was later reported that the show had to undergo a few reshoots. Kathryn Hahn, who plays a mystery character on the show, seemingly confirmed this when she mentioned that she still had more work to do. All things considered, it does make sense that WandaVision would wrap sooner than The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, given that a lot of the former probably didn't have to shoot on location as much as the latter.

You can see pics of Emily VanCamp, Georges St-Pierre and Desmond Chiam, in costume and on set, by going to this Sep. 14, 2020 article (spoiler warning: article identifies who these actors will be playing):
http://www.justjared.com/2020/09/14/emily-vancamp-georges-st-pierre-more-falcon-winter-soldier-stars-return-to-marvel-set-amid-pandemic/ 

Spoilers...

EXCLUSIVE: SCENE DETAILS FROM ‘THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER’
by Lizzie Hill     September 16, 2020
https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/exclusive-scene-details-from-the-falcon-and-the-winter-soldier/ 

Spoiler

Last week provided exciting images of The Falcon and The Winter Soldier as they resumed filming in Atlanta, and this week it was revealed that Georges St-Pierre will return to the Marvel universe as Batroc the Leaper in the Disney Plus series.  

This week we have an exclusive account from Reddit user and Marvel fan SplendaDaddy12 who watched as St-Pierre filmed a scene with Desmond Chiam and Erin Kellyman in an Atlanta Park on Tuesday, September 14, 100% confirming Kellyman’s role in the series.

According to this witness, Georges was filming in a park standing with Desmond by a bench, while Erin sat between them on the back of the bench with her feet on the seat. He could not hear any dialogue but said that Erin’s character used some kind of power, unclear how, to impress the two. The power involved extras near them in a field stopping, simultaneously looking at the phones, looking up, and all walking towards them in a group and as if in a trance. 

It was unclear how exactly Erin’s character used this power, she didn’t seem to have a phone out in the scene, and a whistle of some kind is what signaled the extras to react this way. It was remarked that Desmond and Georges seemed surprised by this, whereas Erin seemed to play it cool. Georges and Desmond were dressed as they were seen in the pictures posted by Just Jared that day, Erin had on neutral colors, probably similar to how Desmond was dressed.

While we still have not completely confirmed who either Chiam or Kellyman are playing in the series, it is clear they are meant to be up to no good and causing trouble for our heroes Sam Wilson and Bucky Barnes. Interestingly, the mind control aspects of Erin’s character’s “powers”, seems to support the idea that she is in fact playing Melissa Gold, aka Screaming Mimi of the Grapplers, aka Songbird of the Thunderbolts, something Charles Murphy has written about a few times before (see links below).

Only time will tell who Erin and Desmond are really playing, and what exactly they’re up to. Have fun debating this new bit of information in the meantime!

ETA: At the end of this article, there were links to previous spoiler articles.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Falcon And The Winter Soldier Set Photo Might Reveal A Surprising Disney+ Plot Twist
ERIK SWANN   OCT. 18. 2020
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2557088/falcon-and-the-winter-soldier-set-photo-might-reveal-a-surprising-disney-plot-twist 

Spoiler

Marvel’s The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is set to bring a number of fresh elements to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, as it continues the journeys of Sam Wilson and Bucky Barnes. The Disney+ series will see the two embark on a global adventure and face dangers that will test their skills (and patience with one another). We don’t know too many specific plot details, but a recent set photo may hint at a major twist that involves an established MCU character.

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is currently shooting in Prague, which is where the show was in production when things were shut down earlier this year. Someone just happened to snap a picture (via Twitter) from the set and, interestingly, it shows Anthony Mackie’s Sam Wilson, Sebastian Stan’s Bucky Barnes and Daniel Brühl’s Helmut Zemo together. With Zemo hanging around the two heroes, it’s leading people to assume that Sam and Bucky are going to team up with Zemo at some point.

This may sound like a wild theory to some, but it could make sense – and hint to major ramifications for the MCU. Set photos have already revealed the presence of another villain in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Georges Batroc, who first appeared in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. So there’s always the possibility that Zemo is helping them to take down the mercenary.

When we last saw Zemo in Captain America: Civil War, he was in federal custody, with his incarceration being overseen by Everett Ross. Fans have long speculated that Marvel Studios has plans for the Thunderbolts, a superhero team that was founded by Zemo in the comics. If Zemo is teaming up with Wilson and Barnes, this could be a way of planting seeds for a more “heroic” Zemo.

It was surprising to hear that Daniel Brühl would be reprising his villainous role for The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Though fans more than welcomed it, especially when it was revealed that he would don his famous purple mask. Brühl himself previously spoke about how exciting it was to be able to return to a role and mentioned that he was very happy to find out he’d be wearing the mask.
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier will arrive on Disney+ sometime in 2021.

Spoiler

EkHgxCRXgAYlxRx?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, Anduin said:

Looks fun. And hey, Erin Kellyman back with the headgear. We just have to keep her face obscured.

This does look super fun. I noticed in one of the other trailers Sam is pulling the shield out of a tree. Cap could get it to bounce off of anything even though vibranium absorbs all vibration. Nice way to show how Sam has a lot of work to do.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Oh hell yes. Bucky and Sam snarking at each other and competing in couples therapy?

Many years ago Michael Ealy was half of a dysfunctional but high performing LAPD detective duo sent to couples therapy by their "new-age" Captain.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Oh hell yes. Bucky and Sam snarking at each other and competing in couples therapy?

They are an unusual couple, you know?

Who knew the same catch phrase would work for both shows. 

I really liked that trailer. Sam and Bucky have a great duo chemistry. I can't wait to watch this series.

ETA: "I have a plan" is becoming the MCU's version of Star Wars' "I have a bad feeling about this."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Looks good! Sam and Bucky look like they have really great chemistry together, which isn't surprising. 

Much more traditional Marvel than WV and it's interesting that in the original plan this would have come out first. 

I was never really that fussed that Sharon didn't have a bigger part in the movies and beyond glad they didn't have a chance to have her get really romantic with Steve regardless of comics but I'm glad she's here to flesh her out a bit. I hope she's not a love interest. 

• Love 2