Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Reap

• Start Topic

Pope learns disturbing details about where Smurf has been, and the revelation puts Angela’s spot in the house in jeopardy. Adrian’s return to Oceanside leads to a confrontation with Deran, as J lays the groundwork for a new job.

Airing Tuesday, June 25, 2019.

(edited)

Frankie can't talk about being "professional" and not pay Craig.

Was that her plan to cause dissension in the family by talking to Smurf about the job and give her cash?

J arrived at the apartment during daytime and actually "studied" until the sun went down (in that beautiful apartment ...with that view)? 

By the end of the season, J will rob the mother (maybe bang her or her assistant), raid her fridge, own the apartment and the other house.

Why does the front gate buzzer sound like a phone? Couldn't they select a different ringer?

Smurf doing drugs in front of Deran when he was 9 or 10 is terrible.

Adrian definitely a goner.

Didn't Rahul leave with a security detail behind him the the SUV? And if they weren't security, two guys on bikes next to Rahul at the stop sign doesn't cause suspicion and follow them?

Tupi is pathetic! He gets the drop on J, wound up getting his ass kicked and runs away!

Pregnancy makes Renn smile a lot. She was never smiling in the previous seasons.

When does Smurf plan on telling her news? Over barbeque is never a good time!

I'll be pissed too if some outsider comes into my house and eat my chocolate cheerios (honey nut is better), leaves it on the table with other dirty dishes! The place is a mess(I thought Pope is Mr. Clean)!

Young Smurf will get her way. Those hippies are in trouble.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 5
48 minutes ago, SuzieQ said:

Good episode, but can't believe Renn didn't tell Craig he's going to be a Daddy!! He seems totally oblivious!

That is Craig's kid? How? from their time in Mexico?

• Love 1

I was under the impression that he knows that it's his or did I read that scene wrong last week? Oh Frankie you've poked the bear now, you'd better watch your back. I think that there are a few of these people who are greatly underestimating J. I seriously would love for him to find out that it was Mia that shot Baz and to tell his uncles about it. She may have her gangbanging buddies but they are no match for Pope & Co when they are in revenge mode. Solid episode in my opinion but I am still hating the flashbacks. I really like this show a lot and I wish it had more episodes per season and that we did not have to wait an entire year between seasons. I really enjoyed the way TNT used to have their shows seasons split into two parts like Major Crimes and Rizzoli and Isles. It's too bad that they don't do the same thing for this show. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, showme said:

That is Craig's kid? How? from their time in Mexico?

Yes.  If it's not his kid, there is really no reason for her to be back.

4 hours ago, missbonnie said:

I was under the impression that he knows that it's his or did I read that scene wrong last week? 

Could be? I guess I was just expecting some dialogue about it.  We know Craig isn't the most intellectual, but even in their kitchen scene this week, he's just acting like a concerned friend.  I don't see any kind of acknowledgement that this has anything to do with him.

• Love 1

Frankie mentioned the gangs past ie young smurf who was causing dissension back then. Did Frankie simply take in Billy's stories or purposely  fished them out to use them for her plan. Still think there's a chance she's an undercover and the reason Billy told her the stories was he was arrested and told to go undercover in the house. Regardless giving Smurf the money was intended to set them off.

Jay is going to wind with the mother or the daughter. Somebody will get dumped or dissed which wont' end well.

Mia's going to be that fly that won't go way.

• Love 2

I think Frankie works on a different business model then Craig does.   The Cody’s don’t really work with partners and plan each job as they find them and then split the money accordingly.  It’s a very simple way to do business.  Frankie probably does s more complex kind of business.  Yes the rich guy didn’t pay her what he promised but he pointed her toward other clients who needed work done.    I can see a certain worth to this kind of business model but Craig is use to getting cash at the end of each deal and he doesn’t need someone to hand him his next job.

Poor Adrian.  Just when he thinks he is out he is forced to rat our Deran.    He is in waaaaay over his head and I am pretty sure he knows it.

• Love 3

Nice ass, J.

These flashbacks are ruining the season for me. They aren't informing the story or the characters. They're just unwelcome, intrusive distractions. I get mad every time we go back to them. I don't care about them.

We know Frankie was lying about that guy shorting them because she took that money and gave it to Smurf, right? So what's going to happen now that they beat up that rich guy because they think he shorted them on the job? I'm surprised he didn't say anything while they were robbing him.

This is not going to end well for Adrian, and I have a feeling Deran will be the one who has to take him out. That's just how this show works - no happy endings for anyone.

Man I was cheering J when he was kicking that punk's ass. It's time for J to take Mia for a little boat ride. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I thought young Smurf and the Hoodlums were working in SoCal all this time.  When they started talking about Crescent City (25 miles south of Oregon), that surprised me.  I was thinking 'Yeah, you better take some clothes with you, because it gets cold there.  Like, really cold.'

Frankie might be smarter than we think.  Maybe she does see the weak links in the family and knows how to exploit that.  Maybe she's angling to be Smurf 2.0.

We're done? J, I think Mia had already broken up with you when she and Tupi tore up your apartment.

Yep, looks like J was casing his classmates' parents and he hit the jackpot with the concert promoter.

Is that Frankie's natural nose? Because it doesn't look natural to me.

It's time for J to take Mia for a little boat ride. 

Doesn't Mia know what he did though? I thought she mentioned having helped him clean the boat afterward. She likely wouldn't fall for the boat ride ploy unless it's by gunpoint. He'll probably have to poison her in some way unless he just puts two in the back of her head and then dumps the body in a volcano or somewhere equally insane.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Tupi is pathetic! He gets the drop on J, wound up getting his ass kicked and runs away!

I cackled during that scene. You know he thought J was some soft loser. Welp, he learned otherwise. 

18 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

Good episode, but can't believe Renn didn't tell Craig he's going to be a Daddy!! He seems totally oblivious!

I thought he asked her when he first saw her in one of the S2 eps and she told him it was someone else's baby, not his. Craig is dense and drug addled but he's not quite that dim. 

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

We're done? J, I think Mia had already broken up with you when she and Tupi tore up your apartment.

As far as the having sex aspect of their relationship goes, I think they were done when J changed the locks and tossed out her stuff. 

I thought his, "we're done" was more about that he wouldn't seek revenge for her costing him $20k and that they should just go their separate ways.  Of course, now that Tupi ambushed him who knows what he will do, even though I bet there is a good chance Mia didn't know about it.

Count me among those that dislike the flashbacks.  If they had about half the number of scenes I would be fine with them, but they take up too much of the episode.

Renn's kid is definitely Craig's, although he doesn't realize it yet.  She lied when he asked last season because she thought he wouldn't be able to handle it and would just be a liability.  Her staying with him is probably her trying to decide if she should tell him.

Edited by Cosmosgravitation
typo
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Chick2Chic said:

I thought he asked her when he first saw her in one of the S2 eps and she told him it was someone else's baby, not his. Craig is dense and drug addled but he's not quite that dim. 

She did say that, but she looked like she was trying to decide what to say.  Probably a lot of mental anguish over once he knows, she's stuck with it.  I have no doubt that it's Craig's.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Chick2Chic said:

I cackled during that scene. You know he thought J was some soft loser. Welp, he learned otherwise. 

Me too!

The show did a disservice to Tupi's character when they introduced him in bed with Mia (as she laid there counting the seconds). Since then, I always see him as a joke and not a menacing character. And his fight with J was further proof. I will enjoy/cheerish his death scene.

J will have to be careful how he handles Mia (he wouldn't a war with her uncle and his people). He can't let it get back to him. 

I'll take Pope anytime in a fight with Craig.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

Does anyone besides me think Renn is a really bad influence on Craig?  He is already snorting coke the morning after her arrival.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, lazylou said:

Does anyone besides me think Renn is a really bad influence on Craig?  He is already snorting coke the morning after her arrival.

The biggest bad influence on Craig is Smurf. It doesn't matter who he's with, he does drugs the way other people breathe air: constantly and without thinking.

• Love 6
On 6/25/2019 at 8:28 PM, mxc90 said:

Why does the front gate buzzer sound like a phone? Couldn't they select a different ringer?

the intercom at the gate goes to the phone., the intercom is buzzed and the phone rings.

• Love 1
On 6/25/2019 at 7:28 PM, mxc90 said:

Was that her plan to cause dissension in the family by talking to Smurf about the job and give her cash?

I think the plan was to get who she saw as the boss, Smurf to see the money and go along with the plan of greater riches. I think that Billy left out exactly how much she desired control of the operation.

Pope did throw out there that Smurf's drug dealer back in the day Mike was getting too close to Julia. I think the J's father issue has gotten a new contender.

I remember Smurf taking J out to shoot, it looks like Uncle Pope has had some MMA lessons going on making him a full tool bag undercover bad-ass.

• Love 2
On 6/25/2019 at 10:28 PM, mxc90 said:

J arrived at the apartment during daytime and actually "studied" until the sun went down (in that beautiful apartment ...with that view)? 

By the end of the season, J will rob the mother (maybe bang her or her assistant), raid her fridge, own the apartment and the other house.

Smurf doing drugs in front of Deran when he was 9 or 10 is terrible.

Adrian definitely a goner.

Frankie has always been bad news, but no one except J and Smurf acknowledged it. At this point, Frankie is not only stiffing Craig and his brothers out of their money, but she's planting an even bigger wedge between Smurf and the boys. I know Frankie is hoping it will endear her to Smurf. But if there's one thing Smurf loves as much as (or almost as much as) money, it's her sons. Smurf appreciates the money and the intel on the job, but I'm sure it makes her hate Frankie even more. 

Someone posted a question about Frankie's nose. Isn't the actress bi-racial? Half-Asian and half-something European? That could certainly explained a long, aquiline nose on a face with otherwise Asian features. 

J is certainly a bad-ass. Almost too much of a badass. Plus he's book smart AND street smart. J is still my favorite character, but he's almost becoming a Gary Sue. 

I wonder if he will indeed go ahead with the plan to con one of his classmates, or if someone like his study partner's mother will inspire him to "go straight." Her line about lawyers making good money but business people making "real money" might inspire him. 

And nice butt, J. But with all of the spontaneous sex going on, does no one on this show use condoms? There have got to be a shit-ton of STDs floating around that family. Especially with Craig. 

The boys laugh about Smurf using drugs around them when they were kids. But that's horrible--they either don't realize it or are trying to ignore it. 

Poor Adrian 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, topanga said:

And nice butt, J. But with all of the spontaneous sex going on, does no one on this show use condoms? There have got to be a shit-ton of STDs floating around that family. Especially with Craig. 

I had to laugh at that chick asking if he was a virgin. Girl, you don't even know who you're about to fuck.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, topanga said:

Frankie has always been bad news, but no one except J and Smurf acknowledged it. At this point, Frankie is not only stiffing Craig and his brothers out of their money, but she's planting an even bigger wedge between Smurf and the boys. I know Frankie is hoping it will endear her to Smurf. But if there's one thing Smurf loves as much as (or almost as much as) money, it's her sons. Smurf appreciates the money and the intel on the job, but I'm sure it makes her hate Frankie even more. 

Someone posted a question about Frankie's nose. Isn't the actress bi-racial? Half-Asian and half-something European? That could certainly explained a long, aquiline nose on a face with otherwise Asian features. 

Wiki puts Dichan Lachman with a Nepalese mother and an Australian, by way of Germany father.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

I had to laugh at that chick asking if he was a virgin. Girl, you don't even know who you're about to fuck.

LOL. But J hasn't had all that many partners, correct? I don't know if Nicki was his first, but there couldn't have been many before her. Then there was the teacher, and... I'm forgetting who else before Mia. 

• Love 1

The Flashbacks got me confused a bit. I know the girl is Smurf, but which one is suppose to be Billy? As for the one that seems to be the 'leader'...he should have been cast as one of the cody boys...his acting and looks are star status. Does  anyone know his name?

I have a feeling that Adrian is going to commit suicide. Daren is not the type that would kill him if he finds out about the Cops are on to him,

Who was the character that Daren was warning to stay away from Adrian and then offered him beer at his bar?

33 minutes ago, topanga said:

LOL. But J hasn't had all that many partners, correct? I don't know if Nicki was his first, but there couldn't have been many before her. Then there was the teacher, and... I'm forgetting who else before Mia. 

For a damaged 19 year old he has had a peer in Nikki come back to him after being with his uncle, a teacher and gangster and now a too hot for her own good college coed Olivia  all coming on to him. Maybe things have changed since I was his age in the pre AIDS  days but I am asking myself how many more could a college freshman, even with a mostly secret life as number 2 in a criminal family, ask for?

• Love 1

Me here. Just to clarify, I wasn't making any racial assumptions about what her nose should look like, I just thought it looked unnaturally thin. It looked like bad plastic surgery to me. Glad to learn she has a diverse ethnic background.

The show did a disservice to Tupi's character whe n they introduced him in bed with Mia (as she laid there counting the seconds ).

After what happened in this episode I think maybe it was always intended for him to look like a tool.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

She did say that, but she looked like she was trying to decide what to say.  Probably a lot of mental anguish over once he knows, she's stuck with it.  I have no doubt that it's Craig's.

Oh same. I totally think it's Craig's baby despite what she told him.

I was just responding to why Craig doesn't seem to think it's his baby or reacting to her pregnancy more hands on / inquisitive. 

3 hours ago, topanga said:

Frankie has always been bad news, but no one except J and Smurf acknowledged it.

I think Deran is wary of her too but I also think he wants to support Craig. Renn called out Craig rightfully on being blinded by the vajayjay. If it's not drugs addling his mind, it's that. I don't know why any of them would still deal with her considering she'd been with Billy and they all know what a lowlife he is. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Me here. Just to clarify, I wasn't making any racial assumptions about what her nose should look like, I just thought it looked unnaturally thin. It looked like bad plastic surgery to me. Glad to learn she has a diverse ethnic background.

Oh, I wasn't implying that. Hope I didn't sound abrasive. I do think her face is a tapestry of different ethnic characteristics. Which isn't a bad thing. Just something I noticed. But she certainly could've had a nose job as well. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, topanga said:

J is certainly a bad-ass. Almost too much of a badass. Plus he's book smart AND street smart. J is still my favorite character, but he's almost becoming a Gary Sue. 

I wonder if he will indeed go ahead with the plan to con one of his classmates, or if someone like his study partner's mother will inspire him to "go straight." Her line about lawyers making good money but business people making "real money" might inspire him. 

The boys laugh about Smurf using drugs around them when they were kids. But that's horrible--they either don't realize it or are trying to ignore it. 

Poor Adrian 

Jay REALLY HAS turned out to be a bad ass..

he could be Jason Bourne’s little brother...(short of being mind effed by “Tuestone”...Briarpatch or whatever those deep cover govt programs were called...lol)

natural...and yet never expected by the hood rat. Loved it.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

Oh same. I totally think it's Craig's baby despite what she told him.

I was just responding to why Craig doesn't seem to think it's his baby or reacting to her pregnancy more hands on / inquisitive. 

I

I know!!  It's really bugging me how oblivious he is!  But , hot as he is, we know he's no Mensa member!🤣

• LOL 3

A Mary Sue who kills people? They really turned a corner with his character after he killed Morgan. Up until that point he was redeemable. There's no coming back from that, it was cold blooded, pre-meditated murder. And let's not forget what he and Deran did to that poor old lady with dementia. 

The Flashbacks got me confused a bit. I know the girl is Smurf, but which one is suppose to be Billy? 

None of them are supposed to be Billy. At this point, we can assume one of them might be Pope and Julia's father but they haven't even clarified that yet. Deran is a good 10-15 years younger than Pope, I'm assuming Smurf didn't meet Billy until much later.

Who was the character that Daren was warning to stay away from Adrian and then offered him beer at his bar?

Jake, the guy Adrian was running drugs for. 

• Love 4

I still think Colin is going to turn out to be Andrew and Julia's father. I've thought that since they showed him wailing on that guy in the first ep of this season. Reminded me of Pope in the zone. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

I still think Colin is going to turn out to be Andrew and Julia's father. I've thought that since they showed him wailing on that guy in the first ep of this season. Reminded me of Pope in the zone. 

I wish someone would tell me why these flashbacks are important. I know they’re giving us an opportunity to learn how Smurf became who she is. But multiple flashbacks every episode with a bunch of male characters who look a lot alike? I find myself ff-ing past these too long scenes. We could devote more of that time to present dilemmas. 

5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

A Mary Sue who kills people? They really turned a corner with his character after he killed Morgan. Up until that point he was redeemable. There's no coming back from that, it was cold blooded, pre-meditated murder. And let's not forget what he and Deran did to that poor old lady with dementia. 

Is there anyone to root for anymore? Every character on this show is morally corrupt. 

Except Lena. I hope she’s doing okay with her foster family. Poor Lena. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Considering how Deran and Pope can casually reminisce about Smurf doing any drug she can find when Deran was nine or ten, and are like "wait, which drug dealer? The mullet one?" its kind of amazing that Julia and Craig are the only ones with notable drug habits. No wonder they all grew up to be such a clusterfuck of a family/crew.

Aww Deran and Craig were so happy for Adrian winning his contest! Oh Adrian, this is so not going to end well for you. The easy guess is that Adrian gets killed, but I think that might be too obvious after so much build up. 

So are these flashbacks planning on going somewhere anytime soon? 

No way should Craig even be kind of involved with the money and planning parts of a job. The dude bases most all of his life choices on who he can sleep with and what drugs he can score. Any decently intelligent smart he has will almost instantly be chased away with something he can snort.

Olivia asking J is he was a virgin was all kinds of hilarious. Like, girl you have zero clue who you are studying with do you?

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, topanga said:

Is there anyone to root for anymore? Every character on this show is morally corrupt. 

Except Lena. I hope she’s doing okay with her foster family. Poor Lena. 

I used to root for Nikki, she is probably gone for good. At best I can hope for Pope to survive and get treatment.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, topanga said:

I wish someone would tell me why these flashbacks are important. I know they’re giving us an opportunity to learn how Smurf became who she is. But multiple flashbacks every episode with a bunch of male characters who look a lot alike? I find myself ff-ing past these too long scenes. We could devote more of that time to present dilemmas. 

So it's not just me who can't tell them apart.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
19 hours ago, Shellbell59 said:

Jay REALLY HAS turned out to be a bad ass..

he could be Jason Bourne’s little brother...(short of being mind effed by “Tuestone”...Briarpatch or whatever those deep cover govt programs were called...lol)

natural...and yet never expected by the hood rat. Loved it.

“Treadstone” from the Bourne Identity! 

I am enjoying bad ass J too! 

• LOL 1
(edited)
17 hours ago, topanga said:

It depends.   Deran has always had one foot out the door and claims that the bar will be legitimate one day.   But people keep bringing up that old lady with a Dementia as an unforgivable act worse then J killing the lawyer.   Honestly Derain and Adrian are the two I root for most.    

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

Big people keep bringing up that old lady with a Dementia as an unforgivable act worse then J killing the lawyer.   

I don't see anyone saying it's worse, but it's not "nothing" either.  I  kind of root for all of them.  We know they aren't The Brady Brunch, but besides Smurf I've seen redeemable qualities in all of them.  As for Smurf, she absolutely fascinates me.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

No way should Craig even be kind of involved with the money and planning parts of a job. The dude bases most all of his life choices on who he can sleep with and what drugs he can score. Any decently intelligent smart he has will almost instantly be chased away with something he can snort.

Now you've made me wonder if Craig could be depressed or dealing with another mental illness, although he doesn't "act like it." His other siblings have been more expressive about what they were going through emotionally. It was obvious that Pope and Julia were dealing with demons throughout their lives. Pope has been formally diagnosed with mental illness. Deran seems pretty well-adjusted now that he's accepted his sexual orientation and come out to his family.  J is still a question mark. 

All Craig has wanted to do is have sex and party. In your late 20s-early 30s, is that still satisfying? Or is Craig covering up thoughts and feelings he doesn't want to explore? On the other hand, does Craig have other thoughts beyond making money to supply him with sex and drugs? 

• Love 1

I don't need the characters to be morally redeemable in order to root for them. It's just on another level, that's all. For some odd reason I find myself rooting for Smurf to retain control of her boys. I don't know why, I guess it's just a fascinating dynamic. 

I always root for the Cody gang, as a whole, during their entertaining heists.

I don't know, he planned that party boat heist pretty well a couple seasons back. The trouble is that Deran and Craig have both traditionally be viewed as, and used as "the muscle" in most of the Cody jobs, whereas Baz and Smurf did all the planning. Craig has tried to clean up his act . . . a little. I really haven't seen him snorting a lot of coke until just now. Possibly because Renn came back into his life and gives him easy access to it. That, and the fact that he knew he was up shit creek once his brothers found out about Frankie shorting them.

• Love 2
On 6/26/2019 at 12:49 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yep, looks like J was casing his classmates' parents and he hit the jackpot with the concert promoter.

Is that Frankie's natural nose? Because it doesn't look natural to me.

Doesn't Mia know what he did though? I thought she mentioned having helped him clean the boat afterward. She likely wouldn't fall for the boat ride ploy unless it's by gunpoint. He'll probably have to poison her in some way unless he just puts two in the back of her head and then dumps the body in a volcano or somewhere equally insane.

Did J end up with Tupi’s gun?  Maybe he will use it to kill Mia...

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, luckylou said:

Did J end up with Tupi’s gun?  Maybe he will use it to kill Mia...

Yep he put some BJJ arm bar on him and took the gun.

On 6/26/2019 at 8:52 PM, hookedontv said:

Please stop with the flashbacks, I beg of you. These scenes slow the episode down. And make me groan out loud to be honest. 

Yes. I fast forward through them. I don’t care about young Smurf and her little gang of merry men. Too much Smurf=not a good thing.

i love social Pope...”It’s such a nice day!” I enjoyed this episode. I find the show works best when the Cody gang are together even if they’re fighting. 

• Love 3
On 6/26/2019 at 5:52 PM, hookedontv said:

Please stop with the flashbacks, I beg of you. These scenes slow the episode down. And make me groan out loud to be honest. 

I don’t mind the flashbacks as a general concept, but I don’t get what the writers are trying to tell us with then that we didn’t already know. Smurf has a long criminal past? Smurf uses sex as a come up? Smurf is nuts? I feel like we knew all that already. If they want to keep going I need new information. Maybe all the different Dads? Although, assuming Pope and Julia are supposed to be around the same age as SH, we’re still several years away from them being born.

• Love 2

I don’t mind the flashbacks as a general concept, but I don’t get what the writers are trying to tell us with then that we didn’t already know. Smurf has a long criminal past? Smurf uses sex as a come up? Smurf is nuts? I feel like we knew all that already

Exactly. They are taking up WAY too much air time without providing any kind of useful information. There aren't even any interesting heists going on in the flashbacks to keep us entertained. I'm not sure how this is supposed to inform either the character or the current story. 

Wasn't there a promo clip running all week of Smurf saying "I'm too mean (or angry) to die!" I never saw that scene in this episode.

• Love 2
On 6/27/2019 at 3:37 PM, iMonrey said:

None of them are supposed to be Billy. At this point, we can assume one of them might be Pope and Julia's father but they haven't even clarified that yet. Deran is a good 10-15 years younger than Pope, I'm assuming Smurf didn't meet Billy until much later.

Jake, the guy Adrian was running drugs for. 

Billy w came later...he was Darren the youngest dad.

interesing the “leader” of the flashbacks is “Manny”....the father of Marco (Manny was dying)...Marco was trying to get revenge...but Smurf had him shot in front of Baz...

the beginning of the end for Baz 

On 6/29/2019 at 10:35 PM, Rabithed said:

Yes. I fast forward through them. I don’t care about young Smurf and her little gang of merry men. Too much Smurf=not a good thing.

i love social Pope...”It’s such a nice day!” I enjoyed this episode. I find the show works best when the Cody gang are together even if they’re fighting. 

My thought when Pope said such a nice day....it’s polar opposite of any moods I’ve ever seen...

IMHO

Writers were showing a lighter brighter side of Pope....

since he had gotten “a little sumpm sumpm” night before...😆 prior scene he was making out with new chick...and talking about “ppl can change”

been a long time since they all bought him a hook up for his birthday seasons back!!!!