Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Nowhere To Run

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, magemaud said:

Maybe he's really British royalty like on that other (ridiculous) TLC show "Secret Princes" 

Well, that would explain why he looks like a Habsburg. 

• LOL 2
18 hours ago, Adultosaurus said:

I grabbed the wrong quote - but pro cheerleaders can't date their team athletes. Chantel family lives in Lawrenceville (which is an outburb of ATL) and I would think her time on this show would be a red flag to any major athlete in the area.

Really???  I live in Lawrenceville!  I'll be on the lookout!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Before I had a kid, years before even, I was pretty well educated wrt pregnancy and childbirth. I'm a product of the "Our Bodies, Ourselves" era and wanted to know what was what. Sure, the ideal among the hippie earth mothers was no interventions, no pain medications, breathing, music, but I maintained a healthy skepticism. That Pao apparently thinks that she'll emit a couple of kittenish cries and her baby will slide right out, all in half an hour or so, is astonishing to me. She's worried that she'll have the baby in the car? First babies aren't usually that fast. And I'm quite sure at the first twinge she'll be "I'm in labor! I'm in labor! Fill the pool!".  And 20 hours later she'll be 4 centimeters, waterlogged, and rethinking her fairyland birth plan on the fly as they pack her bag with maternity and post natal slutwear for her hospital stay.

Came from the same generation - my first was 8 hours, my second was 2-1/2 hours and nearly born in the back of the car.  Third one was a little longer, but different father, so maybe that was the deal.  In any case, I did mine without any pain meds.  The second one was too fast, anyway.

• Love 3
On 6/17/2019 at 11:07 AM, Drogo said:

Micropeen.

I could not love Drogo more.

I can't stand Libby's family but for fux sake family comes to a baby shower.  Suck it up and be pleasant for a couple of hours.

I don't like Pedro and his asshole family but I am getting a little enjoyment out of Chantal realizing her beauty isn't the end all to keep men in line. 

Karennie (sp)?...holy cow she looks like she has aged 40 years since we first saw her.  Paul must be hard on a woman

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I could not love Drogo more.

I can't stand Libby's family but for fux sake family comes to a baby shower.  Suck it up and be pleasant for a couple of hours.

I don't like Pedro and his asshole family but I am getting a little enjoyment out of Chantal realizing her beauty isn't the end all to keep men in line. 

Karennie (sp)?...holy cow she looks like she has aged 40 years since we first saw her.  Paul must be hard on a woman

Karine’s nose looked so broad maybe she slipped and smacked it on the coffee table.

18 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Paul must be hard on a woman

Mind bleach 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

And I'm quite sure at the first twinge she'll be "I'm in labor! I'm in labor! Fill the pool!".  

I keep hearing this in Gloria Pritchett's (Modern Family) accent!

Pao is at 4 centimeters in that scene and she’s prone in the bed being ministered to by the Doula.

At 4 centimeters my mom returned from the OB/GYN appt and instead of checking into the hospital, she came home, did a couple loads of laundry, cleaned the bathroom and started dinner. Then she called my dad at work to meet her at the hospital and drove herself there. My brother was born a couple hours after she got there. 

Don’t know why Pao wanted her mother there, she’s relegated to peeking around the corner now. 

Cant wait till Russ suggests his mom come for a visit. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

Also she changes up facts to match her fantasy.  She says Nicole was on top of her brother in the fight, but actually Nicole was on the ground under Chantel's mother!

Chantel is correct. Nicole jumped on River's back; the mother grabbed Nicole by her hair to pull her off; River stumbled and fell, taking his mother and Nicole down with him.  Somehow, Nicole landed at the bottom. 

7 hours ago, iwasish said:

If I wanted a drastic change I might go to a more upscale place and spend more but I’d balk at anything over $100(for a cut, no color).  I just don’t consider hair that important, I like wash and wear styles, in the summer I rarely even blow dry. 

I go to a good salon.  I had to be voted in, seriously.  My cut is $30 and includes a good wash and blowout.  Color can run, with a cut, up to $80.  If you have long hair it may take extra color and that is where the cost comes in.  I got a color, highlights and a cut/blowout and it was $145 without tip.  I have a chin length bob.  Her hair would cost at least $70 more for the extra color.  I always tip 20% to the hairdresser and $5 for the wash girl - for each time I'm at the sink.  Some of my friends go to a fancy salon with bevs and get nails done too for a flat fee of about $230, no tip is required.

I don't have extensions and don't know anyone who does.  I hear that is a fortune.

4 hours ago, iwasish said:

Don’t know why Pao wanted her mother there, she’s relegated to peeking around the corner now. 

I love how Pao's mom is not into the natural/pool/home birth.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 6/17/2019 at 1:46 AM, RealReality said:

My understanding of modern marriage is that you build a strong enough relationship that you need not worry when a spouse dares to travel without you.  I wasn't aware that in modern marriages the spouses were attached.at the hip and unable to travel without the other.  

I actually know a lot of couples who travel without the other having to be present, for work and for pleasure.

But hey, maybe it's just super old school to have achieved a marital bond strong enough to withstand being apart from each other.  Perhaps it's just super old school for spouses to feel confident enough in their bond that having a spouse visit friends and family in another country isn't a threat.....and even some random chick grinding on their guy isn't a huge threat, because while annoying, they know that their bond is stronger than the behavior of another woman.  And they trust their spouse not to take it any further than that.  Women can hit on your man internationally or domestically, so modern marriage sounds like a LOT of work if you have to worry that your man is going to be tempted to step out on you because a woman hits on him.

I guess that sort of trust is....draconian?

I think for Chantel and Pedro, it’s not a good idea. Maybe if you have a decent marriage, traveling without the spouse is fine. I think so. But Pedro has been very upset and very cold toward Chantel. Even after they moved further away from her family, I’m assuming for the sake of the marriage, he was still acting like a man on his way out. So, if I were in her shoes, I’d be very worried about a one way ticket to the DR. He told her he doesn’t want to be with her and he doesn’t know when he’ll come back. That’s not the typical fun getaway for a week that the rest of the world might take with friends. It’s basically a trial separation. I’d be upset too under those circumstances. 

• Love 5
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

I think for Chantel and Pedro, it’s not a good idea. Maybe if you have a decent marriage, traveling without the spouse is fine. I think so. But Pedro has been very upset and very cold toward Chantel. Even after they moved further away from her family, I’m assuming for the sake of the marriage, he was still acting like a man on his way out. So, if I were in her shoes, I’d be very worried about a one way ticket to the DR. He told her he doesn’t want to be with her and he doesn’t know when he’ll come back. That’s not the typical fun getaway for a week that the rest of the world might take with friends. It’s basically a trial separation. I’d be upset too under those circumstances. 

I don't think they ever moved to Savannah.  They just stayed right under her family's nose.  She has had plenty of time to work on her marriage and she knew exactly what was wrong.  She spoke about going to the DR to save her marriage and behaved in the exact same manner that she did in the United States.  

If she took it as a trial separation and it wasn't what she wanted and she felt her husband was cold THAT would have been the ideal time for her to even exert a scintilla of effort.  

But there was no point to flying all the way to another country to save her marriage when she was prepared to do nothing but continue to talk over Pedro and float some weird conspiracy theory whereby everyone else was at fault for a fight her family started.  She has said that multiple times domestically, why fly to another country to keep saying it?

And somehow Nicole and Pedro had an elaborate plan to beat river up, even though it's very clear that Chantal had set Nicole up to be set upon by her trash family and their unwarranted condescension.

Because really, I look at that family and I don't know where they get their sense of superiority.  At this point Chantal has been in school damn near long enough to be an MD, river is a rapper who got has ass handed to him and winter is, who even knows what winter does, but you're not a classy bird if I can see your Spanx on national TV.

If you don't trust your spouse, if you don't have a good bond then the whole world is rife with marital threats.  In fact the more pressing threats would probably be close to home.  It wouldn't matter where in the world your spouse was.

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
4 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Chantel is correct. Nicole jumped on River's back; the mother grabbed Nicole by her hair to pull her off; River stumbled and fell, taking his mother and Nicole down with him.  Somehow, Nicole landed at the bottom. 

Sorry, I disagree.  The 6min version I posted earlier has a cut and we don't see all of Nicole's action.  So let's check the fight down below.

This shorter clip shows below the whole fight uncut.  Any Nicole and River action is started when River backs up into her.  River takes a wild swing and knocks his Mom down and Nicole falls down when River crashes down on top of her.  She is never "on: River's back."   I give her a grade of  "innocent" as to attacking River.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

If Chantel really wanted to save her marriage she would have gone to counseling by now- with him or by herself, and done what the counselour suggested- which would have probably been become a team with your husband, stop running to your parents and blabbing about everything, and defend one another or just not associate with the families if they can't shut up.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I don't think they ever moved to Savannah.  They just stayed right under her family's nose.  She has had plenty of time to work on her marriage and she knew exactly what was wrong.  She spoke about going to the DR to save her marriage and behaved in the exact same manner that she did in the United States.  

That was my understanding too. This marriage was doomed from the first lie and they need to cut their losses. I cannot see a happy ending, no matter how they spin it. They are both totally miserable. I'd rather be miserable single than miserable in a relationship, but that's just me. Clearly they feel differently, or maybe they cannot let go of the "fame" this show brings them and the paycheck (how can it possibly be worth it????)

• Love 6

This video doesn’t show the full extent of the fight. At one point, Nicole was on top of River’s back. When the mother saw this, she grabbed Nicole by her hair, pulling out her weave. Nicole beat the crap out of River and Winter gave Pedro a bloody nose.  However, no one seemed to noticed, because the focus was on the two guys.

8 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I go to a good salon.  I had to be voted in, seriously.  My cut is $30 and includes a good wash and blowout.  Color can run, with a cut, up to $80.  If you have long hair it may take extra color and that is where the cost comes in.  I got a color, highlights and a cut/blowout and it was $145 without tip.  I have a chin length bob.  Her hair would cost at least $70 more for the extra color.  I always tip 20% to the hairdresser and $5 for the wash girl - for each time I'm at the sink.  Some of my friends go to a fancy salon with bevs and get nails done too for a flat fee of about $230, no tip is required.

I don't have extensions and don't know anyone who does.  I hear that is a fortune.

I love how Pao's mom is not into the natural/pool/home birth.

I live outside DC and have long hair. I go to a nice salon for cut and color. It’s definitely not the highest end salon but it’s nice. I pay about $220 for the cut and color not including tip. I do go to one of the more experienced stylists so that’s more. I don’t go often so that helps.

I also have extensions. I use the tape in ones which can be reused so that saves a little money. You purchase the extensions, which run $300 and up depending on how many and the type and quality you buy. You also pay to have them put in and removed - figure at least $100-$150 and hour and it takes at least an hour for a base level of extensions.

So $240 for Larissa’s hair didn’t surprise me depending on what she was having done and where she was going to have it done. She could get to that amount easily with cut and color or just a Brazilian straightening treatment and nothing else.

Having said that, she married a guy who can’t afford that and wouldn’t pay for it even if he could. She’s not working and has a discretionary budget of $200/month. I would maybe have prioritized something over a $240 hair appointment if I were her, or at least saved the “if you ever want to have sex again you’ll pay for this card” for the hair.

• Love 5
(edited)

Not sure how to watch at .25, but I've watched it like three times, and I definitely see Pedro pulling river to the ground.

It's also interesting to watch punk ass river allows himself to be valiantly held back by one of the crew who only used one hand, but tries to get back into it with Pedro when like five people are holding Pedro down.  Such bravery. 🙄

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Yep.  Put that shit in his highlight reel.

I recommend watching this entire fight at .25 playback speed.  It's a thing of beauty. 

No dear, *this post* is a thing of beauty.  True internet performance art.  I salute you.

Also, all of these people are horrible and if they were on fire, I'd think twice about putting them out. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Not sure how to watch at .25, but I've watched it like three times, and I definitely see Pedro pulling river to the ground.

Pedro has a hand on him as he goes down, but (based on the angle he falls at and my experience) I can confidently say River was going down anyway- possibly due to his own clumsiness, possibly due to quality of the chairs FamilyChantel scavenged from Ikea's rejected item dumpsters.

1 minute ago, Lemur said:

True internet performance art.  I salute you.

giphy.gif 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Pedro has a hand on him as he goes down, but (based on the angle he falls at and my experience) I can confidently say River was going down anyway- possibly due to his own clumsiness, possibly due to quality of the chairs FamilyChantel scavenged from Ikea's rejected item dumpsters.

I'm of the opinion that they are being filmed at an Air B&B.  Hosts in those places don't invest a lot in furniture, because of "guests" like the Family Chantal.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I live outside DC and have long hair. I go to a nice salon for cut and color. It’s definitely not the highest end salon but it’s nice. I pay about $220 for the cut and color not including tip. I do go to one of the more experienced stylists so that’s more. I don’t go often so that helps.

I also have extensions. I use the tape in ones which can be reused so that saves a little money. You purchase the extensions, which run $300 and up depending on how many and the type and quality you buy. You also pay to have them put in and removed - figure at least $100-$150 and hour and it takes at least an hour for a base level of extensions.

So $240 for Larissa’s hair didn’t surprise me depending on what she was having done and where she was going to have it done. She could get to that amount easily with cut and color or just a Brazilian straightening treatment and nothing else.

Having said that, she married a guy who can’t afford that and wouldn’t pay for it even if he could. She’s not working and has a discretionary budget of $200/month. I would maybe have prioritized something over a $240 hair appointment if I were her, or at least saved the “if you ever want to have sex again you’ll pay for this card” for the hair.

Ugh - I hate it when women play this card.  Sex between spouses should be, oh I don't know....sex between spouses?  When you use it to trade for goods and services it becomes.....something else, lol.  Something a little too Red Light District for my taste!

• Love 3

If the neighbors, crew or FamilyChantel had called the police, Pedro would have gone to jail on some domestic violence charge. He is the one who turned it into a physical altercation. Swinging a short paper light fixture in a person’s general direction, that never hits them, does not a battery charge make. Plus wasn’t River a teenager at the time? Pedro is a grown married man and hasn’t apologized to his wife or anyone.

Even with the full breakdown of the fight, Chantel is the only one not participating, so it’s rich that she is always the one tasked with apologizing for everything. 

55 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Pedro's request for his sister to change seats is denied

-Anything that happened after this was the fault of the Family Chantal.

When Chantel was smirking in MamaPedro’s house, people rightfully said that she was being disrespectful. But Pedro is allowed to come into someone else’s house, tell people where to sit and when the family tells him no and he gets into a fight, nobody is harping on how he disrespected someone else’s house. Everybody involved lacks respect. They should all take responsibility for their actions. Chantel should not be singled out for not apologizing.

When Chantel said she didn’t want to sit there and be bad mouthed by Nicole, Pedro told her she should come back and be the bigger person and just take it. This is my main takeaway with Pedro. He doesn’t recognize his own hypocrisy. When someone accused his sister, he got very protective, trying to move seats and then fighting people. When it happens to his wife, he expects her to take it in the chin.

17 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I just can’t get into this line of reasoning at all. This whole taking Chantel down a peg sends a bad message to all women. And what does it teach men? We have enough incidents of society dragging down the self-esteem of confident women while excusing the bad behavior of men.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, lids said:

When Chantel was smirking in MamaPedro’s house, people rightfully said that she was being disrespectful. But Pedro is allowed to come into someone else’s house, tell people where to sit and when the family tells him no and he gets into a fight, nobody is harping on how he disrespected someone else’s house.

He was fine with the seating arrangements until it turned into a Get-That-Bitch exercise with Nicole on the receiving end- then he asked his wife to switch seats with his sister as she was getting attacked by several of his in-laws in a language she doesn't speak and felt uncomfortable. His mistake was ever bringing her around those dicks in the first place.

5 minutes ago, lids said:

Chantel should not be singled out for not apologizing.

Chantel's the only person in her family who wants her to be married to Pedro, so she's the only one who would apologize to smooth it over.  At no point has anyone said she should apologize for attacking Nicole, only that she should say she's sorry that it happened while Nicole was their guest. 

I can be sorry that a lot of things happened even if I wasn't directly responsible for them.  The adorable thing is- Chantel is responsible.  She did know that would happen to Nicole at the dinner, and she must have known her husband wouldn't allow it to happen without consequence.  When she told her mother about the argument with Nicole about sleeping on the couch, her mother started taking off her jewelry like a parking lot brawler and smack-talking about getting Nicole back for it.  Chantel didn't intervene when her mother started digging into Nicole for the argument they'd had the night before, started spouting off fighting words, started shutting her voice down at every turn.  Nicole and Pedro try to remain calm, but Winter starts barking about Nicole being a liar, repeatedly.  "It's okay that you're a liar, Nicole." 

Chantel lets it all happen, and encourages it by repeating her own You're a LIAR assertions until finally Pedro's feeling like Nicole's had about enough of this bullshit and being stared at like prey from 6 inches away by Winter, and requests a seat change for her which goes as the above.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
33 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Ugh - I hate it when women play this card.  Sex between spouses should be, oh I don't know....sex between spouses?  When you use it to trade for goods and services it becomes.....something else, lol.  Something a little too Red Light District for my taste!

For a normal marriage, I totally agree and hate that line of reasoning as well because generally I don't want to trade sex for goods and services.  But I think the Colt/Larissa marriage was built on the exchange of sex for goods and services.

4 minutes ago, lids said:

If the neighbors, crew or FamilyChantel had called the police, Pedro would have gone to jail on some domestic violence charge. He is the one who turned it into a physical altercation. Swinging a short paper light fixture in a person’s general direction, that never hits them, does not a battery charge make. Plus wasn’t River a teenager at the time? Pedro is a grown married man and hasn’t apologized to his wife or anyone.

Even with the full breakdown of the fight, Chantel is the only one not participating, so it’s rich that she is always the one tasked with apologizing for everything. 

When Chantel was smirking in MamaPedro’s house, people rightfully said that she was being disrespectful. But Pedro is allowed to come into someone else’s house, tell people where to sit and when the family tells him no and he gets into a fight, nobody is harping on how he disrespected someone else’s house. Everybody involved lacks respect. They should all take responsibility for their actions. Chantel should not be singled out for not apologizing.

When Chantel said she didn’t want to sit there and be bad mouthed by Nicole, Pedro told her she should come back and be the bigger person and just take it. This is my main takeaway with Pedro. He doesn’t recognize his own hypocrisy. When someone accused his sister, he got very protective, trying to move seats and then fighting people. When it happens to his wife, he expects her to take it in the chin.

I just can’t get into this line of reasoning at all. This whole taking Chantel down a peg sends a bad message to all women. And what does it teach men? We have enough incidents of society dragging down the self-esteem of confident women while excusing the bad behavior of men.

Chantal gets blamed because she obviously set Nicole up to be set upon by her family.  It's why she was so upset when Nicole cooly denied doing anything and she and winter went at her with "it's okay if you're lying" and Chantal got in her feelings and *gasp* put her hands directly in Nicole's face, which, according to Chantal is a fighting stance.  

Chantal doesn't get a pass when she pulled a Libby and set this whole thing up.  

And yeah Pedro said they should switch chairs so his sister wasn't in between winter and Chantal who were doing their best to gaslight her.  Mother Chantal refused to let Nicole move because mother Chantal is trash, and wanted to break Nicole down.  I guess it's too bad for her that Nicole isn't Pedro and wouldn't allow herself to get shit on without standing up for herself.

LOL, that the situation Nicole was in -- whereby she was ganged up on by an entire family, in a country she has never been to in a language she doesn't understand well...is comprable to Chantal pushing her way into Pedro's vacation and having a conversation with his sister doesn't make sense to me.  These situations are vastly different to me.  At the very least, after that fight, Chantal knew that her conversation with Nicole would be tense.  Nicole had no idea that she was the one really stepping into the Lions den because Chantal was sure to sell it as a nice family dinner  knowing full well her entire family was going to gang up in Nicole.

As a host, it's your responsibility to make your guests comfortable.  I don't blame Pedro in the least for saying that Nicole and Chantal should change seats.  He was supposed to just let his sister get shit on my Chantals trash family, or do what, wait for mother Chantal to intervene when she clearly wanted this to happen?

He should have just taken his sister and left, but I'm sure mother Chantal wouldn't have allowed that either.  Would that be disrespecting her house too, to leave it without permission?  I also don't think he knew it was a set up by Chantal and the gang to shit all over Nicole.  He may have, stupidly trusted his wife when she said it was just going to be a friendly dinner.

River's actions were assault.  The law doesn't really give you pass just because your aim isn't perfect.  Assault doesnt require contact, but reasonable belief of contact.  I don't even think the standard is fear of contact.  So, I don't know that anyone would have been taken to jail.

And just as a practical matter, even without the legal argument, I think an officer would be loathe to arrest Pedro when the fight was physically provocated by river.  I think most people would feel like you get what you get when you decide you want to fight by throwing shit at people.

And, I think river learned a very important lesson about what happens when you fight like a punk and try to hide behind daddy and a camera crew.

• Love 11

When Pedro, his sister and Chantel sat down to talk, Chantel complained that Nicole was yelling and pointing her finger. Pedro told her to lower her voice  and stop doing that (I think he put his hand on hers to stop her from pointing her finger) she did take it down a notch,  but Chantel then started waving her finger and telling. 

For me however, the whole thing boils down to Chantel complaining to the production team that there’s so much the cameras haven’t shown and the best she can come up with is that Nicole told her that her hair was ugly. That’s the best she do? 

Chantel helped instigate the fight at her folks house by telling her mom that Nicole had clapped when she had left the apartment. Nicole and Pedro had just sat down to eat, Nicole complimented the food and thanked her for inviting her, and Mother Chantel started in on how are Nicole and Chantel getting along. Nicole says fine and the MC jumps in with “Chantel said you clapped blah blah blah”’ Nicole denies, Chantel laughs and  says don’t lie, Pedro asks/tells Nicole and Chantel to change seats, and all hell breaks loose. 

MC was itching for a confrontation. That is what caused the whole situation. 

• Love 10

I think Larissa has such nice hair, I guess the heart wants what the heart wants, but I don't know why she really felt any of that was necessary.

I agree. I don't like Larissa but I think she has pretty hair.

Oh - I totally agree. I was referencing her threatening to withhold sex if Colt didn't pay for her lip injections. 

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, lids said:

But Pedro is allowed to come into someone else’s house, tell people where to sit and when the family tells him no

Sitting back and looking at it objectively, here's my opinion.  Nicole was the true guest.  MamaChantal confronted her for what she was told by Chantal (not something that she, herself, saw) - that Nicole had clapped when Chantal stomped out of their apartment.  Nicole speaks VERY little English, and Pedro was the only other person in the room fluent in Nicole's language.  Plus, Pedro would (understandably) want to be protective of his sister in what looked like it was becoming a hostile environment.  

So he told his sister and Chantal to change seats - likely so that Nicole wouldn't feel surrounded by a family which was attacking her, and so that he could translate if necessary.  What's the big deal with letting them change seats?

Because MamaChantal is the HBIC, and SHE says they are NOT going to change seats.  Then Pedro started to (literally) stand up for himself and his sister, and it all went downhill from there.

I agree with @iwasish.  MamaChantal was itching for a confrontation, and she got more than she bargained for.  The only reason River's lamp swing didn't hit Pedro was because the cord was too short.  

It was all ugly, but MamaChantal started it.  

• Love 17

It's been a while since I watched the fight episode, but I did watch the clip up thread.  Mami Chantel was huffing and puffing about taking off her jewelry to fight Nicole from the moment CeAir came to her complaining about Nicole clapping at the apt.  Nicole came in VERY RESPECTFUL; she smiled, she thanked them for inviting her, she thanked them for dinner, she complimented the food, she interviewed that she wanted a peaceful time and to smooth things over.  And then Mami Chantel starts in on her and brings up the incident with Chantel that was NONE of her beeswax and that she wasn't even there for.  The whole dinner was a set up to rile up Nicole and Pedro.  Chantel is an adult; her mother should let her handle her in-laws and her petty differences with them.  River and Winter were prepped to fight.  They knew all the buttons to push.  Pedro didn't have to take the bait and neither did Nicole, but let's be real- the family Chantel knew what this was going to evolve into- even Chantel.  So her doing her doe eyed crying like a dying cow in the corner was just theatrics.  How I wish the cameraman that was there had been allowed to speak when being interviewed by that giant lady.  Instead she flirted with him and asked if he were single and then told him we were out of time for him to spill tea on the last supper and what really happened.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
21 hours ago, iwasish said:

I don’t get why she is so against a simple apology to his mother. She doesn’t have to kiss her ass or beg forgiveness. A simple “ I’m sorry for the blowup at the dinner” “I would like to move past it and work towards a better relationship” “ I know how much you love Pedro and want him to be happy, that is what I want too”  Say it in a sincere voice with Pedro there to hear it. Don’t say it and then say “BUT, you and Nicole did blah blah blah and I want an apology too!!!” 

Once that is said,  Pedro will be satisfied and if his mom and sister continue the feud, I think he will shut them down. 

giphy.gif

Pedro wants to be with Chantel and support her, but she makes it very difficult.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Drogo said:

He was fine with the seating arrangements until it turned into a Get-That-Bitch exercise with Nicole on the receiving end- then he asked his wife to switch seats with his sister as she was getting attacked by several of his in-laws in a language she doesn't speak and felt uncomfortable. His mistake was ever bringing her around those dicks in the first place.

Chantel's the only person in her family who wants her to be married to Pedro, so she's the only one who would apologize to smooth it over.  At no point has anyone said she should apologize for attacking Nicole, only that she should say she's sorry that it happened while Nicole was their guest. 

I can be sorry that a lot of things happened even if I wasn't directly responsible for them.  The adorable thing is- Chantel is responsible.  She did know that would happen to Nicole at the dinner, and she must have known her husband wouldn't allow it to happen without consequence.  When she told her mother about the argument with Nicole about sleeping on the couch, her mother started taking off her jewelry like a parking lot brawler and smack-talking about getting Nicole back for it.  Chantel didn't intervene when her mother started digging into Nicole for the argument they'd had the night before, started spouting off fighting words, started shutting her voice down at every turn.  Nicole and Pedro try to remain calm, but Winter starts barking about Nicole being a liar, repeatedly.  "It's okay that you're a liar, Nicole." 

Chantel lets it all happen, and encourages it by repeating her own You're a LIAR assertions until finally Pedro's feeling like Nicole's had about enough of this bullshit and being stared at like prey from 6 inches away by Winter, and requests a seat change for her which goes as the above.   

Exactly what happened. 

All Pedro has asked Chantel to do is apologize and ask  for a fresh start. Why is that so difficult? I’ve had to swallow my pride and anger and offer a sincere apology even when I’ve felt that “they started it”

Chantel keeps talking about salvaging her marriage but won’t do the one thing that will do the most to start the process. My bet is that if she did apologize and his mom and sister continued the past patterns, that he would take them to task. I also think that once the issue with his family is settled, Chantel needs to start the same process with her family. Pedro should apologize for his actions (knocking over the food) and ask to move forward, Chantel needs to tell them that she will not listen to anymore conspiracy    theories or harvesting conversations. 

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I mean, all of this could be said about Chantel’s meeting with Nicole. Chantel was listening until Nicole started saying Pedro was too good for the marriage in a way that Chantel didn’t understand. His mistake was bringing Chantel in the first place. It’s the same thing, but people make excuses for Pedro and place way more responsibility on Chantel’s feet.

23 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Ok, but how are we expecting Chantel to do this when Pedro hasn’t apologized either - not in a general way, not in a specific way, not in any way at all.

I also thought the whole dinner with Nicole in DR was for them to get to a point of general apologies and niceties, but Nicole came out of the gate angry and started bad mouthing their marriage so we never know if the conversation would have even gotten to the apology stage.

Pedro knew they would be like this in the first place because we had that scene in the DR apartment where he told his family she was coming and they were outraged. He could have warned Chantel about that if she was supposed to have warned Pedro before chickendinnergate.

26 minutes ago, RealReality said:

River’s actions were assault.  The law doesn't really give you pass just because your aim isn't perfect.  Assault doesnt require contact, but reasonable belief of contact.  I don't even think the standard is fear of contact.  So, I don't know that anyone would have been taken to jail.

And just as a practical matter, even without the legal argument, I think an officer would be loathe to arrest Pedro when the fight was physically provocated by river.  I think most people would feel like you get what you get when you decide you want to fight by throwing shit at people.

No, we just learned this from the Larissa arrest. The person who puts their hands on the other person is the one who gets arrested. I will say if two people are beating each other up, they may both be arrested. Provocation is not cause to assault.

33 minutes ago, iwasish said:

For me however, the whole thing boils down to Chantel complaining to the production team that there’s so much the cameras haven’t shown and the best she can come up with is that Nicole told her that her hair was ugly. That’s the best she do? 

I just don’t expect Chantel to be perfect. I weigh her behaviors and intelligence against the other parties and she seems just as dumb and makes the same mistakes as everyone else. She also seems to have to pay for the sins of her whole entire family whereas I don’t see people blame the behavior of Lidia and Nicole on Pedro. It feels uneven to me, especially now when Chantel appears to be trying. She at least shows up for these wacky confrontations with FamilyPedro. Pedro will neither speak to nor be in the same room with FamilyChantel. And maybe that is for the best. Pedro needs to stop pushing her to spend time with his family. I want restraining orders all around.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Drogo said:

I recommend watching this entire fight at .25 playback speed.  It's a thing of beauty. 

Pedro tries to get a hand on River's lanky ass by stiffarming against River's shirt, but is blocked by a bench and backs up a few inches.  

• FatherChantel wakes from his 10 year coma and stands up. ....

I only watched it a half speed, so missed out on so much.  Thanks for summoning Howard Cosell and bringing this spectacle into view blow by blow with brilliant commentary.  

Just to be sure, if production hadn't stepped in it looks like River jumps up from the floor and is ready to hit Pedro while PoppaChantel holds him.  Does that family have no honor?

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 6/17/2019 at 10:52 AM, RealReality said:

But Pedro isn't at fault for the physical aspect of the fight.  River is.  River both threw something at Pedro and launched the light fixture at him.  IMO, you don't get a pass because you used an object to assault someone instead of your hands.   

Its likely easier to blame Pedro because river is a bitch who can't fight and got his ass handed to him.  

I bet river thinks a little harder before starting shit next time.  

As for Nicole, she didn't have the benefit of seeing the video, so she may have been so shocked at the time she didn't know what happened.  Therefore, I don't give much credit to her reaction in the heat of the moment.  

River is a brat and I hoped he has learned not to taunt people. The entire family knew what they were doing. I, also, think Nicole's reaction wasn't an indication that she thought Pedro was at fault. I think she was just surprised at how it escalated and maybe felt Pedro could have conducted himself better. Obviously,  Pedro is stronger than River and she knew that and was probably concerned because he could do more damage. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

So her doing her doe eyed crying like a dying cow in the corner was just theatrics.

Bravo!!  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 6/16/2019 at 7:23 PM, charmed1 said:

Coltee said that Debbie was “on holiday.” I’ve never heard an American refer to vacation as “holiday.” Weird.

Debbie was .....

Spoiler

In NYC filming a 90 live show.  During the show said she was moving out.  The host brought up the arrest because it just happened.   

My guess Coltee was freaking out that Debbie was leaving and probably taking it out on Larissa  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

Exactly what happened. 

All Pedro has asked Chantel to do is apologize and ask  for a fresh start. Why is that so difficult? I’ve had to swallow my pride and anger and offer a sincere apology even when I’ve felt that “they started it”

Chantel keeps talking about salvaging her marriage but won’t do the one thing that will do the most to start the process. My bet is that if she did apologize and his mom and sister continued the past patterns, that he would take them to task. I also think that once the issue with his family is settled, Chantel needs to start the same process with her family. Pedro should apologize for his actions (knocking over the food) and ask to move forward, Chantel needs to tell them that she will not listen to anymore conspiracy    theories or harvesting conversations. 

1 hour ago, lids said:

I mean, all of this could be said about Chantel’s meeting with Nicole. Chantel was listening until Nicole started saying Pedro was too good for the marriage in a way that Chantel didn’t understand. His mistake was bringing Chantel in the first place. It’s the same thing, but people make excuses for Pedro and place way more responsibility on Chantel’s feet.

Ok, but how are we expecting Chantel to do this when Pedro hasn’t apologized either - not in a general way, not in a specific way, not in any way at all.

I also thought the whole dinner with Nicole in DR was for them to get to a point of general apologies and niceties, but Nicole came out of the gate angry and started bad mouthing their marriage so we never know if the conversation would have even gotten to the apology stage.

Pedro knew they would be like this in the first place because we had that scene in the DR apartment where he told his family she was coming and they were outraged. He could have warned Chantel about that if she was supposed to have warned Pedro before chickendinnergate.

No, we just learned this from the Larissa arrest. The person who puts their hands on the other person is the one who gets arrested. I will say if two people are beating each other up, they may both be arrested. Provocation is not cause to assault.

I just don’t expect Chantel to be perfect. I weigh her behaviors and intelligence against the other parties and she seems just as dumb and makes the same mistakes as everyone else. She also seems to have to pay for the sins of her whole entire family whereas I don’t see people blame the behavior of Lidia and Nicole on Pedro. It feels uneven to me, especially now when Chantel appears to be trying. She at least shows up for these wacky confrontations with FamilyPedro. Pedro will neither speak to nor be in the same room with FamilyChantel. And maybe that is for the best. Pedro needs to stop pushing her to spend time with his family. I want restraining orders all around.

I have no idea about the actions surrounding the Colt/Larissa debacle.  However assault does not require actual contact, it requires that someone reasonably believe that contact will be made.  River launching that light fixture at Pedro would cause a reasonable belief that the light fixture would make contact.  

Also, who the police arrest is not an exercise in objectivity and likely strings together a number of factors.  You'd have to have probable cause to believe that a crime was committed.  And you likely could or could not choose to weigh the likelihood of an affirmative defense like self defense (it's been a minute since the bar but as I remember it self defense if an affirmative defense).  So a blanket rule that if you make physical contact you always get arrested is probably not entirely accurate.  

Rivers actions constituted an assault.  However, even if they didn't, police are human.  And I doubt they would be in any rush to arrest a Pedro once they heard that river had started the fight by using standard punk moves.  

Chantal shouldn't have been in the DR in the first place.  And I think Pedro rightfully pointed out that if she didn't want to work on the relationship with his family she should have stayed in Atlanta.  No need for her to go to the DR where she wasn't wanted if she ONLY wanted to talk to Pedro.  She can do that in the United States and she could have done that in the United States.  

LOL, if Chantal didn't know that Lidia and Nicole would be upset over the fight and Chantal subsequently blaming everyone for it but her trash family then Chantal is even more ridiculous and stupid than she looks.

Whereas Nicole was sold and told that she would be going to a nice family dinner.  She could have had no idea she was walking into a gang up by family chantal.

Yeah, after being shit on multiple times by family chantal, he put his foot down.  He has attended a number of their "events" where they took the opportunity to get him in a room or a cabin and proceed to shit all over him.  He refused to go, unlike Chantal who pushed her way into a situation even after being asked not to.

No one would have had to push chantal into spending time with pedros family had she just stayed home .....as she was begged to do.  

I think Pedro apologized at the reunion, though he had no cause to.  IIRC, mother Chantal smugly refused to apologize for anything. 

And even if Nicole came to the dinner looking for a fight, Chantal still could have apologized for the sake of her husband and the family harmony she so often claims she wants.  Instead it was the same old nonsense, no one in her family was at fault for anything and Nicole and Pedro were planning to fight river and something something...finger pointing.

I just do not think there are any fair comparisons between the two situations that makes much sense to me because there are so many key differences.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, MajorNelson said:

I only watched it a half speed, so missed out on so much.  Thanks for summoning Howard Cosell and bringing this spectacle into view blow by blow with brilliant commentary.  

Just to be sure, if production hadn't stepped in it looks like River jumps up from the floor and is ready to hit Pedro while PoppaChantel holds him.  Does that family have no honor?

Given river's preferred fighting style of "punk ass" that makes sense.  A sucker punch seems right up river's alley.

I'd also like to point out that river's tee shirt ultimately saved him from an even more through ass whipping.  The shirt was just thin and stretchy enough that when it was pulled river didn't go along with it.  I also think that had it been pulled hard enough it would have simply torn away, allowing river to hide behind various family members and crew.

Maybe river should develop a line of breakaway clothing for fellow punk asses.

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Rivers actions constituted an assault.  However, even if they didn't, police are human.  And I doubt they would be in any rush to arrest a Pedro once they heard that river had started the fight by using standard punk moves. 

And that it had been a 5 against 2 ambush minutes prior to the fight, and that his 20 year old sister who was invited under false civil pretenses was verbally attacked, had her hair torn out and was threatened with deportation despite having a travel visa and touching no one. The police would have just loved that as well as the corroborating footage.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, lids said:

I want to make it clear that I can’t stand Chantel’s family. They have always made me ill to even look at them. I think every one of them is disgusting, from the parents constantly accusing Pedro to stupid little River and his sideshow bob hair and shitty rapping. That being said, I think Chantel doesn’t know how to handle being put in the middle of shit. What we see now, and how they treat Pedro, was probably what she saw her whole life. Why did she feel she had to lie about Pedro to begin with? Probably because her parents are terrible to her as well. I’m not saying she should have lied but I can see a woman who is very controlled by her mother and probably always has been. If I were Pedro I would have left a long time ago. But since he didn’t, he could at least stop with the hypocrisy. When Chantel talks to him she is always yielding to what he wants and he’s always sitting there being very distant and cold. If he doesn’t like her, he needs to set her free. I’m really sick of all the blame being put on Chantel when Pedro is just as bad at this point. They both need to keep their marriage to themselves. Both of their families have caused problems and said and done hurtful things. But somehow only Chantel is held accountable when she’s the only one in the marriage who is making any effort. Pedro isn’t making any effort for his marriage. That’s why I went from team Pedro to Chantel should dump his ass very quickly. He’s sticking around just to keep her on a string at this point. Everyone is making excuses for Pedro. Why don’t we take the families out of the equation and look at how they act toward each other only? Chantel is trying much harder than I would be at this point. Pedro is being an asshole and also cheating but that’s okay. What did he do with the THOT off camera? 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Anything that happened after this was the fault of the Family Chantal.

Everyone at that table was responsible for their actions.   It’s obvious that they were all itching for a fight.  Chantel was angry at Nichole and put her family up to get back at her.

Although, I understand why Pedro wanted to punch River’s lights out, it’s still was not Ok.   Once Mother Chantel started up with Nichole, Pedro should have walked out with his sister instead of engaging.  He is lucky he wasn’t arrested.  

Everyone, all family members, should apologize.   They all are guilty of bad behavior.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, RealReality said:

And I doubt they would be in any rush to arrest a Pedro once they heard that river had started the fight by using standard punk moves.  

Lol, I can’t even.

If you have the time and distance to walk away from an aggressive person and you assault them, you can be arrested. Maybe Pedro could have called the police after River lobbed a 4 pound paper latern near his head, but I would have thought that was a punk move on Pedro’s part. The truth is Pedro got angry and attacked River because River is annoying. I don’t like Pedro any less for that, but I’m not gonna try to make it sound more dangerous or threatening than it was (shrugs).

I’m gonna stop talking about this because I’m beginning to feel like I’m in The Chicken Fight - flashes of River’s soft, ineffectual punches, Winter on my back and Nicole screeching in my ear. I’m just gonna take my weave tracks and head back to the hotel. On to bigger and better!

Once I realized that Nicole and River are about the same age, I did have any idea for a spin-off -90 Day Fiancé: Nobody Asked For This.

-River and SisterNicole realize they’re in love. River brings her to America, but she complains that he won’t give her $20 for eyelashes extensions. River explains that he’s just started killing it in the rap game and she’s gonna need to wait till he blows up. More domestic violence and bail bonding ensues.

I can also see Anfisa moving on with Coltee. Ex-con spouses in common, you know.

And of course Dean and Chantel is written in the stars, so...

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Drogo said:

let_me_explain_princess_bride.gif

• Pedro's request for his sister to change seats is denied, and as Pedro and MotherChantel are arguing this point River keeps repeating ShutUpShutUp like a bespectacled scrotum. 
  • Pedro says WHATCHUSAY! and River stands and smacks a hideous lighting fixture at him, the universal sign for Fight Me Bruh. 
  • Pedro comes around the table and Winter gets the hell out of dodge because she apparently doesn't like River as much as we thought.   
  • Pedro tries to get a hand on River's lanky ass by stiffarming against River's shirt, but is blocked by a bench and backs up a few inches.  
  • FatherChantel wakes from his 10 year coma and stands up.  River uses his father's shoulder as leverage to jump onto the seat between he and Pedro, knocking his father back down in the process and falling down off the seat himself with all the grace of a blind squirrel.  Mother Chantel looks on worriedly because she has not had the opportunity to remove all her jewelry yet and it's a hobby of hers. 
  • Pedro tries to grab the fallen River to his feet, made more difficult by the purple dinosaur yanking his neck in the opposite direction; Pedro gets River up and spins him around (perhaps hoping to finally fight) but has now exposed his back to his MIL and FIL who take their turn yanking on his neck until his FIL gets him into a pretty solid bear hug from behind.
  • Nicole attempts to be the only person yanking River away, and unfortunately has to touch his skin because he's wearing a magical shirt that will not stay on him.  Winter tries to pull Chantel away from the fray now that Pedro is under FatherChantel's control. 
  • Like a true champion of the combat arts, River throws one punch that makes no impact other than making him lose his balance and fall on top of Nicole and a fichus tree, knocking his mother over as well.
  • Pedro screams and looks like an animal in pain when he sees his sister falling towards the countertop backwards with River on top of her.  At this time, Winter sucker punches him in the back of the head.
  • While she's falling, Mother Chantel grabs onto Nicole's hair and yanks out her extensions. 
  • Production steps in, River acts like he just did something special, Nicole and Pedro get their shit together and go, food gets kicked, and Chantel cries because a seed she's been planting and watering for years has finally grown into a plant. 

Are you a published author? If so, I want to read your books. If not, you should be. Dead ass.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, lids said:

Lol, I can’t even.

If you have the time and distance to walk away from an aggressive person and you assault them, you can be arrested. Maybe Pedro could have called the police after River lobbed a 4 pound paper latern near his head, but I would have thought that was a punk move on Pedro’s part. The truth is Pedro got angry and attacked River because River is annoying. I don’t like Pedro any less for that, but I’m not gonna try to make it sound more dangerous or threatening than it was (shrugs).

I’m gonna stop talking about this because I’m beginning to feel like I’m in The Chicken Fight - flashes of River’s soft, ineffectual punches, Winter on my back and Nicole screeching in my ear. I’m just gonna take my weave tracks and head back to the hotel. On to bigger and better!

Once I realized that Nicole and River are about the same age, I did have any idea for a spin-off -90 Day Fiancé: Nobody Asked For This.

-River and SisterNicole realize they’re in love. River brings her to America, but she complains that he won’t give her $20 for eyelashes extensions. River explains that he’s just started killing it in the rap game and she’s gonna need to wait till he blows up. More domestic violence and bail bonding ensues.

I can also see Anfisa moving on with Coltee. Ex-con spouses in common, you know.

And of course Dean and Chantel is written in the stars, so...

Where did you read or hear the information about being arrested?  I mean realistically, if an officer has probable cause you can be arrested, but im curious as to your sources for this information about being arrested for assault.  

Because probable cause in and of itself is a reasonable standard that is generally not subject to a hard and fast set of rules.  So I wonder where these rules that you've cited are coming from. And most states do not adhere to a rule where a person claiming an affirmative self defense has a duty to flee.

The standard for assault isn't fear, it's belief that an unwanted touching is going to occur.  Unless the argument is that Pedro really wanted to be hit by a light fixture, rivers actions constituted an assault.  

No one "attacked" river.  River started some shit and his ass was handed to him.  Next time, he will think a little harder before starting shit, because he may not have his family to hide behind.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Nowhere said:

I want to make it clear that I can’t stand Chantel’s family. They have always made me ill to even look at them. I think every one of them is disgusting, from the parents constantly accusing Pedro to stupid little River and his sideshow bob hair and shitty rapping. That being said, I think Chantel doesn’t know how to handle being put in the middle of shit. What we see now, and how they treat Pedro, was probably what she saw her whole life. Why did she feel she had to lie about Pedro to begin with? Probably because her parents are terrible to her as well. I’m not saying she should have lied but I can see a woman who is very controlled by her mother and probably always has been. If I were Pedro I would have left a long time ago. But since he didn’t, he could at least stop with the hypocrisy. When Chantel talks to him she is always yielding to what he wants and he’s always sitting there being very distant and cold. If he doesn’t like her, he needs to set her free. I’m really sick of all the blame being put on Chantel when Pedro is just as bad at this point. They both need to keep their marriage to themselves. Both of their families have caused problems and said and done hurtful things. But somehow only Chantel is held accountable when she’s the only one in the marriage who is making any effort. Pedro isn’t making any effort for his marriage. That’s why I went from team Pedro to Chantel should dump his ass very quickly. He’s sticking around just to keep her on a string at this point. Everyone is making excuses for Pedro. Why don’t we take the families out of the equation and look at how they act toward each other only? Chantel is trying much harder than I would be at this point. Pedro is being an asshole and also cheating but that’s okay. What did he do with the THOT off camera? 

He has tried and tried and tried.  Even when she showed up unwanted he picked her up and bought her some nonsense doodad.  How did she respond?  Immediate bitching and whining!  He has tried with her family over and over and over only to keep getting shit on.  And what does she do?  Guilt him for not wanting to show up to Thanksgiving to get shit all over again.

She flew her silly ass all the way to the DR to do the same sorry nonsense she does in the US.  Nothing is her family's fault, nothing is her fault, Pedro and Nicole conspired to hurt river.....even though she was the one that set Nicole up.

I cannot fathom how she thought that flying to the DR and doing the exact same thing she does in the US was going to make her husband thaw.

I think Pedro loves her, and I think he wants to try.  Even when she was giving stank face and ultimatums at Lidia's house ....he chose his wife.  But the man must be home tired of her constantly talking over him, blaming him and then insisting he hang out with her family.

• Love 7