Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Nowhere To Run

• Start Topic

How old is Pao?  The last time I had a baby; we  looked into a midwife, home births, birthing center, etc......  If you were an older mother (at least in my neck of the woods) they recommended a hospital.  I don't know if that was a polite way of saying they won't assist you with your home birth or birthing center plans or what b/c you are a liability, etc... But I remember an age limit clearly being in their paperwork. Pao looks in her mid 30's .

• Useful 1
12 hours ago, magemaud said:

If it was, the obstetrician would have insisted she have a hospital birth or at the very least at a birthing center where they're equipped to handle difficult deliveries. 

Pao is going to do what Pao wants especially if it will create drama.   I’ve given birth twice naturally, no drugs.   Granted my labors were quick.   The pain was intense.  I don’t see Princess Pao enduring labor pain for very long.  

• Love 3
On 6/16/2019 at 8:13 PM, Pasha Kitty said:

Chantal is comfortable walking around Santo Domingo (or wherever they are) in that dress?????  It's unbuttoned to the nth degree, and so damn tight. Ridiculous!

And sporting some serious saddlebags!!  Girl keeps eating, she is going to look like her sister.  

• Love 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, magemaud said:

Even though she had a very early miscarriage and possible RH incompatibility, I don't think Pao's pregnancy is considered high risk. If it was, the obstetrician would have insisted she have a hospital birth or at the very least at a birthing center where they're equipped to handle difficult deliveries. 

They’re already saying the baby isn’t in the “correct position” for an easy birth and it looks like they start rolling Pao around like Dr Pol does with the cows that have their stomach twisted and need to have it float back into position. I’m guessing it’s being played for utmost dramatic effect. You know Pao isn’t going through childbirth without something to hold over Russ’s head for the rest of his life. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, magemaud said:

Even though she had a very early miscarriage and possible RH incompatibility, I don't think Pao's pregnancy is considered high risk. If it was, the obstetrician would have insisted she have a hospital birth or at the very least at a birthing center where they're equipped to handle difficult deliveries. 

I agree. If Pao was high risk her doctor would strongly advise against a birth center/midwife. Lots of women miscarry; that in and of itself doesn't necessarily make her risk any higher. If her miscarriage wasn't owing to "incompetent cervix" or something, she is probably perfectly healthy and fine. 

13 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

How old is Pao?  The last time I had a baby; we  looked into a midwife, home births, birthing center, etc......  If you were an older mother (at least in my neck of the woods) they recommended a hospital.  I don't know if that was a polite way of saying they won't assist you with your home birth or birthing center plans or what b/c you are a liability, etc... But I remember an age limit clearly being in their paperwork. Pao looks in her mid 30's .

She's 32. Most OB's are pretty conservative and would probably advise strongly against home birth. Most midwives are attached to a hospital or birth center and not too many attend home births, just owing to liability issues and fear of lawsuits. I went to a birth center at 37, received all my prenatal care there, but ended up delivering at the hospital because my baby died suddenly (discovered it was a true knot in the cord) at full term. Couldn't have been prevented and a doctor in attendance would have made no difference. (Please don't feel compelled to offer condolences--it was terrible and sad but it was 27 years ago, I had another child and life is good!) I did opt for a doctor with my second pregnancy, but I was 39, and ended up with complications galore! Topic? Pao seems to be experiencing a normal pregnancy. She is probably looking at a normal amount of risk in labor and delivery. There is no way of knowing sometimes if things are going to go south. Pao will surely milk her delivery for all the drama possible. 

• Love 2
On 6/17/2019 at 10:43 PM, RealReality said:

It reminds me of a Chris rock joke (maybe Chappelle?) and he was basically saying that people would tell him that racism is the same because now people just won't tell you their racist thoughts.

And he was like, yeah, I don't need to know what racist thoughts people have about me, I just need you to not be rude and act right.

Like even if your thoughts are mean, just act right.  Apologize, be cordial, no one has to know everyone else's feelings.  

Pedro doesn't need to know what Chantals family think of him and she doesn't need to know what his family thinks of her.  Everyone can be salty and silent.

Agree completely

• Love 5
On 6/16/2019 at 9:13 PM, Pasha Kitty said:

Chantal is comfortable walking around Santo Domingo (or wherever they are) in that dress?????  It's unbuttoned to the nth degree, and so damn tight. Ridiculous!

I wonder if having a camera crew with sound person and producer(s) there makes these women feel safer so they dress up like this in possibly sketchy areas?

On 8/23/2020 at 3:16 PM, Octaman said:

I wonder if having a camera crew with sound person and producer(s) there makes these women feel safer so they dress up like this in possibly sketchy areas?

This flared spandex/leggings looked horrible on her. showed off her saddle bags...

• LOL 1
On 6/17/2019 at 8:02 PM, millennium said:
On 6/17/2019 at 7:55 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

I hate her mother, and Chantel's getting more and more like her every episode. 

If she's seeming like her mother, it's probably because she's married to a child. 

I’m years late so I’m catching up. I think they’re both children. They’re both alike and they don’t see it.

They both have terrible families that they each fail to defend their spouses to. Chantel was right about several things, like Pedro not defending her against his family for one. He does let him his family disrespect his wife. He doesn’t take up for her. Pedro’s family expects him to continue the same behavior as if he were not married, like sending money home and taking care of them. Admittedly, I’m not all that familiar the culture in the DR in that aspect. However, in my view, once you’re married, the priority is your spouse and the home you’re building with your spouse. Pedro seems to prioritize his mother and sister at the expense of his wife, which is a valid concern from Chantel, and Pedro sees that as a completely separate thing. For Pedro, him taking care of his family is completely separate from taking care of the household that him and Chantel share; the money that he sends to his family is separate from the money that he spends at home with Chantel.

Chantel asks Pedro why doesn’t he get his mother and sister to apologize to her, but expect Chantel to apologize to him. Granted, it sounds small and petty but I think what she’s asking of Pedro is about more than just this small apology. This one apology is a window or door to all of the other grievances because if he understands this particular grievance, he can understand all the others because all they link together.

Pedro invited his sister into their home, and all Nicole did was act like an ungrateful brat while his wife is showing some hospitality. Pedro let his sister disrespect their home.

IMO, Chantel is no better than Pedro in that regard. She does not stand up to her family in defense of Pedro. From the start, Chantel did not introduce Pedro on the best terms so Pedro had an uphill battle and they never gave Pedro a chance. Knowing that they have some dislike for him, she never gives a full-throated defense of Pedro. When Pedro and Nicole went to dinner with Chantel’s family, they were walking into a trap and Chantel knew that. Chantel knew that her family was ready to confront Pedro and Nicole about what Chantel told them, and Chantel let them walk into that. She might not have known that it would have gotten violent but she knew her husband and sister-in-law were walking into a hostile environment. From what we see, Chantel doesn’t stop her mother from engaging on this tense subject while they were at dinner. Chantel did nothing to try to get her family to calm down before it got heated, but instead poured more fuel on the fire. Chantel was ready for her family to verbally ambush Nicole.

Every opportunity that these two had to ease the tensions between themselves and each other’s families, they refuse to do so. Each opportunity they had to put their foot down for their family to treating their spouse terribly, they refused to do so. It’s always a tit-for-tat. “Your family did this to me, so it’s okay if my family does that to you.”

24 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

I’m years late so I’m catching up. I think they’re both children. They’re both alike and they don’t see it.

They both have terrible families that they each fail to defend their spouses to. Chantel was right about several things, like Pedro not defending her against his family for one. He does let him his family disrespect his wife. He doesn’t take up for her. Pedro’s family expects him to continue the same behavior as if he were not married, like sending money home and taking care of them. Admittedly, I’m not all that familiar the culture in the DR in that aspect. However, in my view, once you’re married, the priority is your spouse and the home you’re building with your spouse. Pedro seems to prioritize his mother and sister at the expense of his wife, which is a valid concern from Chantel, and Pedro sees that as a completely separate thing. For Pedro, him taking care of his family is completely separate from taking care of the household that him and Chantel share; the money that he sends to his family is separate from the money that he spends at home with Chantel.

Chantel asks Pedro why doesn’t he get his mother and sister to apologize to her, but expect Chantel to apologize to him. Granted, it sounds small and petty but I think what she’s asking of Pedro is about more than just this small apology. This one apology is a window or door to all of the other grievances because if he understands this particular grievance, he can understand all the others because all they link together.

Pedro invited his sister into their home, and all Nicole did was act like an ungrateful brat while his wife is showing some hospitality. Pedro let his sister disrespect their home.

IMO, Chantel is no better than Pedro in that regard. She does not stand up to her family in defense of Pedro. From the start, Chantel did not introduce Pedro on the best terms so Pedro had an uphill battle and they never gave Pedro a chance. Knowing that they have some dislike for him, she never gives a full-throated defense of Pedro. When Pedro and Nicole went to dinner with Chantel’s family, they were walking into a trap and Chantel knew that. Chantel knew that her family was ready to confront Pedro and Nicole about what Chantel told them, and Chantel let them walk into that. She might not have known that it would have gotten violent but she knew her husband and sister-in-law were walking into a hostile environment. From what we see, Chantel doesn’t stop her mother from engaging on this tense subject while they were at dinner. Chantel did nothing to try to get her family to calm down before it got heated, but instead poured more fuel on the fire. Chantel was ready for her family to verbally ambush Nicole.

Every opportunity that these two had to ease the tensions between themselves and each other’s families, they refuse to do so. Each opportunity they had to put their foot down for their family to treating their spouse terribly, they refused to do so. It’s always a tit-for-tat. “Your family did this to me, so it’s okay if my family does that to you.”

I escaped the 90-Day Fiance asylum years ago.   I couldn't live with myself anymore.  Self respect and all that.   I urge you to get out while you can.

• LOL 1
Just now, millennium said:

I escaped the 90-Day Fiance asylum years ago.   I couldn't live with myself anymore.  Self respect and all that.   I urge you to get out while you can.

I am literally discovering all of this right now because of House of Villains, trying to learn who Anfisa is 🤣

I intend for this to be nothing more than dipping my toes in. I don't intend to go past season 4 of this show 😂

4 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

I am literally discovering all of this right now because of House of Villains, trying to learn who Anfisa is

Anfisa is the very reason that I'm disappointed with Bananas.   Having to share a screen with a nobody like her, who is pseudo-famous for nothing more than being an obnoxious, grifting nobody, is an insult to his achievements.   He must be worried about his retirement.

Edited by millennium