Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

Where did they say that spider video from today's show came from? I don't really have a fear of bugs, but trust and believe, I'd be like the Kool-Aid man busting out of my car if something that freakishly huge came anywhere near me! 

• LOL 4
33 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Where did they say that spider video from today's show came from? I don't really have a fear of bugs, but trust and believe, I'd be like the Kool-Aid man busting out of my car if something that freakishly huge came anywhere near me! 

Australia (of course)!!

• LOL 3

I don’t know if I’m completely sold on Amanda being a new host, but at the same time I can’t be mad at her for taking the job. Broadway performers are not super rich to begin with and I can only imagine the hospital bills associated with her husband’s illness. She’s suddenly a single mother and can’t go back into acting right now because of Covid. She has her yoga business, but I’m sure a hosting gig like this will mean a more steady income for her. Circumstances thrust her into the spotlight and she’s been handling it as well as anyone could. Did the Talk producers initially book her because her story had been in the news? Sure, but they wouldn’t have invited her back if she hadn’t gotten such a positive response from the audience. I think it’s unfair to tell her that she should just be sad and hide from everyone. There’s no rule book on how a grieving person should act and maybe she’s putting on a brave face in public so that she can provide for her son. I’m not going to judge someone on going back to work after losing a spouse. 

• Love 12
On 12/2/2020 at 12:08 PM, KLovestoShop said:

You know, it’s kind of pathetic that a person gets attention because of the death of a spouse.  I highly doubt that many people ever heard of Kloots before her husband tragically died from COVID, and now she gets a great job just because of a death.  

I think Elaine will work well.  I do like her.  But I won’t watch because of that bozo Sharon.  I really miss Sara, and the show went downhill after she left. 

Thank you. Exactly the reason I can’t stand her.  Everybody deals differently with grief I realize but this is just not a good look. It looks callous  and cold. 
and I don’t like her either way.  I don’t like the personality.  the show really sucks lately. 

• Love 2
On 12/3/2020 at 3:10 AM, Angeleyes said:

I don’t know if I’m completely sold on Amanda being a new host, but at the same time I can’t be mad at her for taking the job. Broadway performers are not super rich to begin with and I can only imagine the hospital bills associated with her husband’s illness. She’s suddenly a single mother and can’t go back into acting right now because of Covid. She has her yoga business, but I’m sure a hosting gig like this will mean a more steady income for her. Circumstances thrust her into the spotlight and she’s been handling it as well as anyone could. Did the Talk producers initially book her because her story had been in the news? Sure, but they wouldn’t have invited her back if she hadn’t gotten such a positive response from the audience. I think it’s unfair to tell her that she should just be sad and hide from everyone. There’s no rule book on how a grieving person should act and maybe she’s putting on a brave face in public so that she can provide for her son. I’m not going to judge someone on going back to work after losing a spouse. 

This. I didn't know much about her before and she's not my first pick as a host. I'm not sure if she's going to bring excitement or diversity of thought to the show, but I don't want to judge her for taking the job or anything. I'm not someone who'd handle the kind of loss she's had well. I know I'd be a mess. But I also know people have to make a living, can't be crying all day every day, and that even in the darkest of times, you have to look for the good you can find anywhere. Maybe this show will help her emotionally. 

• Love 5

I follow Amanda on Instagram and she is very open about what she is going through. I think in general, she is a positive person, that is just her personality. She has had some really dark days, and I think this holiday season has been really rough understandably. I admire how she is dealing with everything with grace. I don't know how I would handle what she has been through. 

• Love 4

New week's schedule:

Monday - Actress Rachel Brosnahan; guest co-host Jenna Dewan.

Tuesday - Actor Wilmer Valderrama.

Wednesday - Actress Amanda Seyfried.

Thursday - TBA

Friday - Actress Candice Bergen; actress Morena Baccarin. 

• Love 2
On 12/6/2020 at 11:46 PM, rmcrae said:

New week's schedule:

Monday - Actress Rachel Brosnahan; guest co-host Jenna Dewan.

Wednesday - Actress Amanda Seyfried.

Thursday - TBA

Friday - Actress Candice Bergen; actress Morena Baccarin. 

Blech🤮 this show is just moot at this point.  Really needs a makeover. Can’t wait for the 2 new hosts to get the boot(and take Mrs. Gross with you) maybe then I’ll be able to stomach it again. 

• Love 1
On 12/6/2020 at 11:46 PM, rmcrae said:

I rarely watch the interviews but I watched this one because I've always found Wilmer to be incredibly handsome.  He did not disappoint.  I don't know if it was an act or not but he seemed like such a great guy.  

And as far as the new hosts go, I'll give them a try.  I was not happy about the choices but I'll have an open mind.  Carrie Ann was not my choice when she was selected but I was so wrong about her.  She's a great fit.  However, the show does need a make over.  It's a bit too agreeable and boring.  The show was at its best with Julie, Sharon, Sara, Sheryl and Aisha.  Everyone was strong (even Sara, although quiet) and opinionated. It didn't feel like everyone was saying the same thing over and over again.   

• Love 5
9 hours ago, A.J. said:

I rarely watch the interviews but I watched this one because I've always found Wilmer to be incredibly handsome.  He did not disappoint.  I don't know if it was an act or not but he seemed like such a great guy.  

And as far as the new hosts go, I'll give them a try.  I was not happy about the choices but I'll have an open mind.  Carrie Ann was not my choice when she was selected but I was so wrong about her.  She's a great fit.  However, the show does need a make over.  It's a bit too agreeable and boring.  The show was at its best with Julie, Sharon, Sara, Sheryl and Aisha.  Everyone was strong (even Sara, although quiet) and opinionated. It didn't feel like everyone was saying the same thing over and over again.   

Boom! No one's idea of compelling entertainment is five ladies more or less sitting around and agreeing about everything. I don't always watch interviews either, so the hosts essentially make or break the show for me.

I'm watching Monday's episode now. Jenna Dewan is SO pretty and is an incredible-looking 40-year-old. I want all her beauty secrets! Superficial stuff aside, she looked so sad. 😞 I hope she is okay. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, A.J. said:

Today's show was slightly better to me without Sharon (apparently she was bitten by a spider), but still not as good as it was last season. I think Elaine will bring a different view to things and mix it up a bit. Amanda's nice, but she tends to agree with everybody too. I kind of wish they'd go back to doing the show from home because the in-studio shows feel more forced with them trying to "pep it up" with the canned applause and Eve doing the show via satellite. It's disjointed imo. 

• Love 3
On 12/9/2020 at 4:41 PM, A.J. said:

I agree as Eve is transitioning out of the show, it is apparent that she offers no opinion that is thought-provoking.  The only time that she ever expressed herself in a compelling manner was when she blasted Kanye over his slavery is a choice comment.. She was really hurt and repulsed by his ignorant comment.. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Wow, Carrie Ann has Covid😳😞. Hope she recovers quickly. 

I missed the beginning of today's show and wondered why she wasn't there. Did they say how she's doing? 

16 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

Carrie Ann posted an update on her Instagram account 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIoP6tTB7iF/?igshid=17eh062fqnkr7

Thanks! Hoping she recovers ASAP.

1 hour ago, chediavolo said:

So today’s episode was not listed as a repeat. They even said it was casual Friday. And there is Carriann on the stage. Do they show these things out of order?  my DVR is not saying that it’s a repeat!😳

Friday's are usually pre-taped. 

• Love 1

Schedule for the new week:

Monday - Actress Mary Steenburgen; chef Duff Goldman; Rumer Willis guest co-hosts.

Tuesday - Actors Gabriel Iglesias and Sherri Shepherd; country music stars Maddie & Tae perform; Amanda Kloots guest co-hosts.

Wednesday - Actor Matthew McConaughey; actor Chris Sullivan talks and performs.

Thursday - THE TALK Holiday Show with special celebrity Secret Santa; director and choreographer Debbie Allen; singer Michael Bolton performs with DJ and record producer Matoma. 

Friday - Host Eve's farewell show; actress Sienna Miller. 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Sharon tested positive for the Coronavirus and is recovering after a brief hospitalization: https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/15/entertainment/sharon-osbourne-covid-trnd/index.html.

Do you guys think she got it from Carrieanne?

Wendy Williams was dragging Carrieanne on her show yesterday.   She said some foul things and this is why Carrieanne who gets along with everybody cannot stand her..

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Do you guys think she got it from Carrieanne?

Wendy Williams was dragging Carrieanne on her show yesterday.   She said some foul things and this is why Carrieanne who gets along with everybody cannot stand her..

She said a few weeks ago that a woman who works for her had the virus, but didn't inform her because she was asymptomatic so she most likely got it from her. I don't remember if she said she fired her or not, but I certainly would.

Wendy needs to have several seats. She's exactly like Sharon shitting on people then looking for sympathy when karma pays her a visit. Neither of them will ever learn.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Eve had a nice send-off despite Carrie Ann not being able to participate. I hope she and her husband are able to have a child and her future endeavors are successful. 

I thought the show was on hiatus so I did not bother to watch at all. I am going to look it up on youtube.. 

Did Eve mention Julie at all? I always got the vibe that Julie was the one to secure her seat at the table. I could be wrong..

This is an unpopular opinion but I miss Julie. the show has not been the same without her. I did not like what she did to Holly and Leah but I miss her nonetheless.  It became even more obvious after Sara left that Julie was the one that kept the show together..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I thought the show was on hiatus so I did not bother to watch at all. I am going to look it up on youtube.. 

Did Eve mention Julie at all? I always got the vibe that Julie was the one to secure her seat at the table. I could be wrong..

This is an unpopular opinion but I miss Julie. the show has not been the same without her. I did not like what she did to Holly and Leah but I miss her nonetheless.  It became even more obvious after Sara left that Julie was the one that kept the show together..

They didn't mention Julie by name, but she appeared in a lot of the flashbacks. I miss her too. Her delivery was robotic and the way she sided with Sharon getting Leah and Holly fired was wrong, but I likesmd her as the moderator. If you'd asked me ten years who of the original panel would be the last one standing I'd have said Julie with Sharon being the first to go. Crazy how things really turned out. 

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

They didn't mention Julie by name, but she appeared in a lot of the flashbacks. I miss her too. Her delivery was robotic and the way she sided with Sharon getting Leah and Holly fired was wrong, but I likesmd her as the moderator. If you'd asked me ten years who of the original panel would be the last one standing I'd have said Julie with Sharon being the first to go. Crazy how things really turned out. 

Exactly! it goes to show you nothing in life is a guarantee... Julie is the wife of the former head of CBS and she is no longer on the show.. They act like she never existed..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Exactly! it goes to show you nothing in life is a guarantee... Julie is the wife of the former head of CBS and she is no longer on the show.. They act like she never existed..

Sharon mentioned her by name on her birthday show and when Eve announced she was leaving. It would be impossible for them to erase Julie's time on the show since she was on from the start. 

I wish Sara had left Eve a farewell message, but I guess you can't have it all. 😞

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Sharon mentioned her by name on her birthday show and when Eve announced she was leaving. It would be impossible for them to erase Julie's time on the show since she was on from the start. 

I wish Sara had left Eve a farewell message, but I guess you can't have it all. 😞

I wonder if they socialize with Julie off the show.  I remember seeing a picture on  Sara's Instagram with all of the ladies currently on the show minus Julie having lunch/dinner with Ayisha.  I was shocked to see Sharon there..

Does Eve intend to live in England for good or is she doing this to have a baby.. I know that Covid has stranded her over there and they are about to go on lockdown again.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 1

There were posts in the Big Brother section here about Julie sending some former houseguests odd religious "gifts". Giving those same "gifts" at the end of this past season of Big Brother which really ruffled feathers. It sounds like she's spouting a lot of religion in her off time even going so far as to have a religious themed social media account. I haven't watched much of BB since the back to back seasons of an annoying male houseguest who gloriously came in 2nd both seasons and had his reaction to that caught twice on camera.

Here's an article about what Julie's been up to and details about those "gifts" I mentioned. I wouldn't have recognized her in the photo without makeup if it wasn't mentioned it was her since I don't remember her looking like that without makeup when they did the bare faced stuff on The Talk.

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2020/12/julie-chen-moonves-big-brother-bb22-bible-gifts/

The way she stood by her disgusting predatory pig of a husband and her behavior after he was booted really made me sad since I liked her as a host on this show and on Big Brother. I wonder if the religious stuff is her way of somehow trying to absolve herself from the guilt of staying with him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I wonder if they socialize with Julie off the show.  I remember seeing a picture on  Sara's Instagram with all of the ladies currently on the show minus Julie having lunch/dinner with Ayisha.  I was shocked to see Sharon there..

Does Eve intend to live in England for good or is she doing this to have a baby.. I know that Covid has stranded her over there and they are about to go on lockdown again.

Most likely not. Sharon said she hasn't spoken to her since she left and Sheryl said she missed her, but I don't remember her saying if she was still in contact with her or not. Eve knew her for only a year so I doubt she talks to her and I don't know about Aisha or Sara.

Yeah, it looks like Eve's staying put in England for good. 

4 hours ago, Jaded said:

There were posts in the Big Brother section here about Julie sending some former houseguests odd religious "gifts". Giving those same "gifts" at the end of this past season of Big Brother which really ruffled feathers. It sounds like she's spouting a lot of religion in her off time even going so far as to have a religious themed social media account. I haven't watched much of BB since the back to back seasons of an annoying male houseguest who gloriously came in 2nd both seasons and had his reaction to that caught twice on camera.

Here's an article about what Julie's been up to and details about those "gifts" I mentioned. I wouldn't have recognized her in the photo without makeup if it wasn't mentioned it was her since I don't remember her looking like that without makeup when they did the bare faced stuff on The Talk.

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2020/12/julie-chen-moonves-big-brother-bb22-bible-gifts/

The way she stood by her disgusting predatory pig of a husband and her behavior after he was booted really made me sad since I liked her as a host on this show and on Big Brother. I wonder if the religious stuff is her way of somehow trying to absolve herself from the guilt of staying with him.

Her face looks swollen in that pic. Her Daystar/TBN-lite bible quoting is strange since I don't remember her ever expressing any religious or spiritual beliefs in the past, but she usually kept her personal life under wraps. The whole Les scandal shot that to hell, of course.

Back to the gifts, the bible was inappropriate. Whether she really meant well or just wanted to look good, it's best to gift religious texts/guides to people who follow that religion and would want those books imo. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Jaded said:

Sometimes when people are at their most vulnerable in life, they will turn to religion for comfort. Plus, you add the stress of the pandemic and being stuck inside with him. Please Julie don't become a fundie.  I hope Julie is doing well but I get the impression that she is not..

Edited by Pearson80
2 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Most likely not. Sharon said she hasn't spoken to her since she left and Sheryl said she missed her, but I don't remember her saying if she was still in contact with her or not. Eve knew her for only a year so I doubt she talks to her and I don't know about Aisha or Sara.

Sharon denounced her husband so I don't see Julie talking to her, Aisha said some things on instagram against him due to the "me too" movement that was blowing up.  I could see Sara speaking to Julie superficially.. Eve and Sheryl were pretty neutral but I could see Julie not speaking to them either.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Happy New Year everybody! 🥳 Hope all you guys had a great holiday. 😁

New year (and hopefully not the same ole shit, but we shall see), new schedule for the week:

Monday - Amanda Kloots and Elaine Welteroth make their debut as new co-hosts; journalist Gayle King.

Tuesday - Carrie Ann Inaba's birthday celebration; talk show host Kelly Ripa; Dancing With the Stars judge Bruno Tonioli. 

Wednesday - Actress Jane Krakowski.

Thursday - Actress Chrissy Metz.

Friday - Singer, choreographer and TV personality Paula Abdul; actress Francia Raisa. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Happy New Year everybody! 🥳 Hope all you guys had a great holiday. 😁

New year (and hopefully not the same ole shit, but we shall see), new schedule for the week:

Monday - Amanda Kloots and Elaine Welteroth make their debut as new co-hosts; journalist Gayle King.

Tuesday - Carrie Ann Inaba's birthday celebration; talk show host Kelly Ripa; Dancing With the Stars judge Bruno Tonioli. 

Wednesday - Actress Jane Krakowski.

Thursday - Actress Chrissy Metz.

Friday - Singer, choreographer and TV personality Paula Abdul; actress Francia Raisa. 

Happy New Year @rmcrae! I hope you and everyone had a great holiday too. I'm more than ready to leave 2020 behind and am pumped for 2021. It's got to be better this year. 🙂

I'm curious how this season of The Talk will go. 

• Love 2

So, SO started the year with her usual flowery BS about Hillary Baldwin ... all sweet & kind!!  It's hard to swallow after all the years of bile coming out of her mouth.  A leopard doesn't change it's spots ... she is & always has been a mean bitch.  Just sayin'.  (Also, don't believe her COVID story!)

OTOH, Amanda Kloots appears to have won the genetic lottery.  She seems very nice & has got great legs.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Happy New Year @rmcrae! I hope you and everyone had a great holiday too. I'm more than ready to leave 2020 behind and am pumped for 2021. It's got to be better this year. 🙂

I'm curious how this season of The Talk will go. 

Thanks @RealHousewife! 😘 I certainly hope so. 🙂

5 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

So, SO started the year with her usual flowery BS about Hillary Baldwin ... all sweet & kind!!  It's hard to swallow after all the years of bile coming out of her mouth.  A leopard doesn't change it's spots ... she is & always has been a mean bitch.  Just sayin'.  (Also, don't believe her COVID story!)

OTOH, Amanda Kloots appears to have won the genetic lottery.  She seems very nice & has got great legs.

I expected Sharon to go off about that topic, but I guess she decided to tone down the vitriol for the first show back. It won't last, of course. And she repeated herself at least three times when someone else could've given their opinion. 

2 minutes ago, A.J. said:

With the exception of the Hilary Baldwin discussion, I found today's show to be very boring.  I really hope it gets better.  

Amanda and Elaine's intros were a bit too long and they really need to fix Elaine's set-up. She made some great points about Mrs. Baldwin, but her sound went in and out. I wouldn't mind them doing the show from home as long as they fix those technical issues. Maybe they can give The Real's crew a call. Their set-up is vastly superior. 

• Love 3

I find it difficult to watch Carrie Ann's body bobbing forward and backward constantly.  In addition, all five of the transmissions from home are a bit fuzzy.  The View's home transmissions are perfectly clear, so it is possible to do so.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Annifran said:

I find it difficult to watch Carrie Ann's body bobbing forward and backward constantly.  In addition, all five of the transmissions from home are a bit fuzzy.  The View's home transmissions are perfectly clear, so it is possible to do so.

I don't watch, but haven't The View hosts been doing the show from home since the first lockdown in the spring? The Talk's set up is crappy, but it was a last minute change due to the latest spike in COVID cases in Los Angeles so it'll take awhile for them to get it together it seems. The Real's "at home" set-up wasn't the best last season either, but thankfully they worked out the kinks in September. 

7 hours ago, iHateAmpersands said:

Are they still using the laugh track and the "made by Casio" applause even though they're back at home again?

Thankfully no. 

Sharon, I know you love to monopolize a conversation with your "wise old sage" act, but let somebody else talk for a change! I wasn't expecting Amanda to have a lot to say about yesterday's insanity, but I wanted to hear more from Elaine. 

• Love 2

Yes, The View for all its crazy, has a pretty good set-up.

I'm watching yesterday's show, and I love that the ladies are discussing politics! I know some people might not want any politics on their entertainment shows. Trust me, I don't want the show to turn it into The View and watch enough news to want my women's talk shows kept as essentially women's talk shows. However, my ideal women's chat show is something in between. The View used to women of different backgrounds discussing various life topics, politics, pop culture, life, love, kids, everything. I loved it when I was a kid. I pictured myself as a grown lady drinking coffee and watching the show. In my 20's I was busy with school/working. I eventually starting recording the show and watching it in the evenings. I can actually watch the show live now but the vibe has really changed. It's very political, and Meghan McCain is toxic. If The Talk can get a little more depth but not turn into a political show with screamfests, I think the ratings will go up. If they work the show the right way, it might even be able to give The View some competition. What The Talk is lacking is excitement/sparks. The women more or less agree on everything with Sharon Osbourne being rude sometimes. If they can keep the mostly positive vibes going but make the show less fluffy, it will be sort of like old school View. 

• Love 4

Finally Elaine got a chance to speak up with the facts and truth about the Soho Karen's interview with Gayle King. What an idiotic, entitled brat she was for not only attacking the innocent black teen, but fixing her lips to tell Gayle "enough" and putting up her hand to silence her because she spoke the truth about her being old enough to know better than to do what she did. Let's see how well that goes over if you try it with Big Bertha in the Big House.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Finally got the new week's schedule:

Monday - Actor Ralph Macchio.

Tuesday - Actor Michael Chiklis.

Wednesday - Television host Drew Carey; Rabbi Steve Leder.

Thursday - Actor Tom Selleck.

Friday - Actor Paul Bettany (🥰); actor Sean Murray. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Michael Chiklis where have you been?

The new hosts were okay. My first time seeing them. I didn't even see them guest hosting! They will take some getting used to, but I enjoyed what I saw today. 

Was that a live studio audience or canned applause? If it's a studio audience I'm really shocked.

• Love 2