Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Aww I really appreciate you doing it at all, thank you so much! I'm sorry to hear you were under the weather. Hope you are feeling better and have a good week. 😀

Aww, thanks and you're very welcome @RealHousewife! 😘 I'm feeling great and I hope everything's going well with you too! 🙂

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is not only a cutie, he seems like a really sweet guy too. Kinda like Justin Hartley. Lol.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Aww, thanks and you're very welcome @RealHousewife! 😘 I'm feeling great and I hope everything's going well with you too! 🙂

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is not only a cutie, he seems like a really sweet guy too. Kinda like Justin Hartley. Lol.

Glad to hear! I am well, thank you. :)

Ditto! I can't take his cuteness. lol

• Love 1

I'm so glad colleges are looking at social media posts. "Some people think it's okay to bleeping kneel during the national anthem, so it's okay to kneel over someone's head." What kind of person says something so horrific?

I know most parents want their kids to go to college. I hope this motivates them to raise their kids better. While these are young people, sorry Marie, there are consequences even for those who are around 18. There shouldn't be so many racist households in the first place. Raise your kid that we're all human. Let them have friends of different colors. Let them date people of all colors. Don't have a cow if your daughter brings a black boy home. Your kids should know some basic black history by the time they're graduating high school. Don't put it on the college to undo 18 years of a bad example. There are minority students who shouldn't have to feel unsafe dealing with these racists. 

I know many don't like cancel culture, and I know it can be taken too far. I think there are young people who don't understand why blackface is offensive or why you should't sing along to the n word. I'm not talking about not allowing ignorant teens in college. But the ones who don't have a problem with what happened to George Floyd or say black people are gorillas and shoot be shot for destroying Charleston is different. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

The actress from Insecure they interviewed today hit the nail on the head about why people are taking to the streets and protesting when she said it was a combination of the pandemic forcing people to stay home and not being able to avoid the video of George Floyd's murder. Not to get too off topic, but no one can watch what that poor man suffered and find any excuse or justification for it. I'm glad that either Sheryl or Eve made it a point to distinguish between protesters and looters. Sadly there will always be people who will use tragedies like this to justify their own bad deeds, but they're not the majority.

• Love 6
(edited)
9 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I'm so glad colleges are looking at social media posts. "Some people think it's okay to bleeping kneel during the national anthem, so it's okay to kneel over someone's head." What kind of person says something so horrific?

I know most parents want their kids to go to college. I hope this motivates them to raise their kids better. While these are young people, sorry Marie, there are consequences even for those who are around 18. There shouldn't be so many racist households in the first place. Raise your kid that we're all human. Let them have friends of different colors. Let them date people of all colors. Don't have a cow if your daughter brings a black boy home. Your kids should know some basic black history by the time they're graduating high school. Don't put it on the college to undo 18 years of a bad example. There are minority students who shouldn't have to feel unsafe dealing with these racists. 

I know many don't like cancel culture, and I know it can be taken too far. I think there are young people who don't understand why blackface is offensive or why you should't sing along to the n word. I'm not talking about not allowing ignorant teens in college. But the ones who don't have a problem with what happened to George Floyd or say black people are gorillas and shoot be shot for destroying Charleston is different. 

I am not a big fan of cancel culture but there are young people recreating the knee on somebody's neck with smiles on their face all over social media, it is very disturbing and disgusting to see.  Some things should not be spelled to somebody young or old:  using the N word, wearing Black face as part of a Halloween costume, calling Black people gorillas, monkeys or any type of  other animal is offensive painful and wrong..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2

I try to be a positive person, but I have been deeply affected by all of this. I’m not a Marie hater. I actually like her and believe in second chances, but some things deserve a lot more than a slap on the wrist. You shouldn’t be so forgiving that you could possibly bring more hurt to a community that is already vulnerable. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Was today's show, with Gayle King, a replay of Friday's show that was pre-empted?

Never mind.  I watched the "whole show" that I'd recorded & it was announced at the beginning that they would be replaying the pre-empted show.

Edited by Medicine Crow
Never mind!!!
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Was today's show, with Gayle King, a replay of Friday's show that was pre-empted?

Yes, it was.

I hope Carrie-Ann feels better soon. Marie did a good job moderating a bit, but I prefer Carrie Ann. 

CBS finally posted the new schedule and you just might find a familiar face. 😉

Tuesday - Actress and television host Aisha Tyler; actor Jay Ellis.

Wednesday - Actor Paul Reiser; "The Talk Check-In" with host Keltie Knight.

Thursday - Actress Yvette Nicole Brown.

Friday - Actor Dennis Quaid; country pop music group Gone West performs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I had to watch Tuesday's show On Demand since it was pre-empted by George Floyd's funeral, but it was so great seeing Aisha. I hope she comes back as a guest co-host before the end of the season, because I'd love to hear more of her thoughts about everything that's been going on. And Sharon, you know you don't miss her so spare us the crap. 🙄

LOVE Yvette Nicole Brown and The Real better snatch her up to replace Amanda Seales just have her fill in a bit again. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I had to watch Tuesday's show On Demand since it was pre-empted by George Floyd's funeral, but it was so great seeing Aisha. 

It truly was. Aisha's never been a shrinking violet; she gives it to you straight.

• Love 4

The CBS site was super early today. Here's the schedule for next week:

Monday - Actor and comedian Jay Pharoah; actor and activist Wilson Cruz.

Tuesday - Actor Terry Crews; actors Michael Imperioli and Steve Schirripa discuss their new podcast "Talking Sopranos". 

Wednesday - Ozzy & Kelly Osbourne; actress Sherri Shepherd.

Thursday - "The Talk: Check-In" with actress Brooke Shields; actor Ross Butler.

Friday - Singer Jason Mraz discusses his new album "Look For the Good" and performs. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

The Talk was part of my daily routine before the studio shut downs and I usually enjoyed it somewhat. I still watch the "at home" version but it's become increasingly annoying to me. First of all, the production values - mostly horrible/spotty sounds, uneven levels. They could take a tip from the View producers who, after a rocky and similar start, managed to even out the quality and give it at least a semblance of a "real" talk show (not that the actual content improved, but that's another matter.

Second point is that this format seems to highlight the most obnoxious traits of each host. I will exempt Marie because I always liked her core personality and she stays true to it.

As for the others, predictablily is the key word.

Sharon " I HAVE to ask you...." (no you don't), put that pack of dogs in another room

Carrie Ann,  stop "awwwing" over everything and waving your hands like a 12 year old and getting all teary emotional over trite shit.

Cheryl, gee i never KNEW you were in a sorority sister! And stop yelling like you are educating the world.

Eve almost gets a pass for being slightly less "in this business..." than before, but not quite.

There! I feel slightly better.

• Love 3

Pachebo, my sentiments exactly.  The production quality and sound quality of The Talk is now so bad that I FF through most of it.  It hurts my eyes and ears!  The View did a nice job of rectifying their similar initial problems rather quickly.

• Love 2

Liked today's show a lot.  This is the first time that I've ever watched the home edition of the show.  The topics were good and I actually am a fan of both guests.  I hate what happened to Jay Pharoah but glad he's shedding light on his situation to help this movement.  Lastly, I've always been a huge fan of Wilson Cruz.  He's always seemed like such an awesome guy inside and out.  He did not disappoint today.  He melts my heart.  

• Love 1

I saw a bit of The View while channel surfing last week and was impressed at how advanced it was in comparison to The Talk and even The Real's. It didn't entice me enough to watch more than a couple of minutes, but it was noticeable. 

1 hour ago, A.J. said:

Liked today's show a lot.  This is the first time that I've ever watched the home edition of the show.  The topics were good and I actually am a fan of both guests.  I hate what happened to Jay Pharoah but glad he's shedding light on his situation to help this movement.  Lastly, I've always been a huge fan of Wilson Cruz.  He's always seemed like such an awesome guy inside and out.  He did not disappoint today.  He melts my heart.  

I liked both interviews too. Hadn't seen Wilson since My So-Called Life many moons ago. 

On 6/12/2020 at 9:29 PM, rmcrae said:

LOVE Yvette Nicole Brown and The Real better snatch her up to replace Amanda Seales just have her fill in a bit again. 

YES!

Also, I agree that The View is doing a much better job as far as the production and sound quality. 

• Love 2
On 6/15/2020 at 10:20 PM, A.J. said:

What Jay Phaeroah said was disturbing but normal for Black men in America. People forget that Police officers evolved out of slave catchers who used to go looking for runaway slaves to bring back to the plantations. They also harassed free Blacks as well during the time of slavery.  Their goal was to keep Black people in their place at all times.. 

On 6/13/2020 at 12:43 AM, catlover79 said:

It truly was. Aisha's never been a shrinking violet; she gives it to you straight.

I am so bummed that I missed Aisha... I hope we get to see the other former hosts pop in  and comment on all that has been going on.. Julie would probably never do it but I would love to see her.. We are not supposed to remember Holly and Leah were once a part of the show, lol..

On 6/12/2020 at 10:29 PM, rmcrae said:

I had to watch Tuesday's show On Demand since it was pre-empted by George Floyd's funeral, but it was so great seeing Aisha. I hope she comes back as a guest co-host before the end of the season, because I'd love to hear more of her thoughts about everything that's been going on. And Sharon, you know you don't miss her so spare us the crap. 🙄

I guess Sharon was being fake to Aisha as usual, lol.. I still remember on Aisha's final show, she gave a soliloquy on how much she loved Aisha and I just rolled my eyes in exasperation.. We all knew that she hated her and that Julie being the boss' wife at the time absolutely adored Aisha so Sharon could not wield her vileness against her like she had done with Holly and Leah..

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

Ludacris is such a sweetie. I actually had a crush on him when I was younger.

ETA: Jason Mraz is also wonderful. So generous of him to donate all the proceeds from his new album. I really like his new song.

Great episode. 😀

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 2
On 6/18/2020 at 12:54 AM, Pearson80 said:

I am so bummed that I missed Aisha... I hope we get to see the other former hosts pop in  and comment on all that has been going on.. Julie would probably never do it but I would love to see her.. We are not supposed to remember Holly and Leah were once a part of the show, lol..

I'd love to see them check in on Sara as well. However, Sara's been going through personal problems of her own (i.e. splitting with Linda) that she might not be up for it at this time.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, catlover79 said:

I'd love to see them check in on Sara as well. However, Sara's been going through personal problems of her own (i.e. splitting with Linda) that she might not be up for it at this time.

True, but she is in quarantine with Linda and their son.  They were pictured taking a stroll in LA together with their kid.  They might reconcile, you just never know. The quarantine has brought out the best in some people and the worst in others..

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Schedule for the new week:

Monday - Actress Bryce Dallas Howard; singer CeCe Winans performs.

Tuesday - Actor, singer and host Wayne Brady; dancer and TV personality Derek Hough.

Wednesday - Singer Neyo; host Tony Dokoupil.

Thursday - Actress Jenna Elfman; comedian and actress Amanda Seales.

Friday - Singer Patti LaBelle cooks; comedian and actor Gabriel Iglesias.

• Love 1

New schedule for the week:

Monday - Actress Laverne Cox; Chef Curtis Stone.

Tuesday - Actor Joel McHale; actress Tabitha Brown.

Wednesday - News anchor Jane Pauley; chef Carla Hall.

Thursday - Author and television personality Loni Love; chef Anne Burrell.

Friday - Actor Dermot Mulroney; chef Marcus Samuelsson.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Lifesabeach said:

Really good show today. Joel McCale, such a funny and witty guy,  right in my wheelhouse.  Does he have a regular gig?

I did some Googling and didn't find anything, but I'm sure he'll find something. I enjoyed his interview and sense of humor too. He and Aisha were the best Soup hosts imo. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I'll start this by saying I don't know much about Chase Rice. For all I know he's a nice guy with good intentions who made a mistake. That said, I was surprised Marie defended him having a concert like that. Is she a friend of his who felt bad he got backlash or something? It was strange to me that she didn't think he did one thing wrong. Getting close to someone unmasked isn't breaking the law of the land in some states. That doesn't make it an intelligent or kind move. She talked like someone who had never been to a show. People aren't great at social distancing at the grocery store, and she expected the fans to do so at a concert where everyone is always so excited and notoriously fights their way toward the front? She's a performer!!! 

I love live music more than anything and have already missed some shows. I get that people have bills to pay. But what about the ripple effects? That same person who goes to a concert with that many people is the same one who goes to the stores unmasked and can possibly give some poor worker the virus. It's not just employees of perfumers who matter. There are so many people out there who are high risk and/or can't afford to get sick. I wish everyone would think of them before they excuse gathering in huge crowds like that.   

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

Schedule for the week:

Monday - Actor Corbin Bernsen; Natasha Bedingfield talks and performs.

Tuesday - Actress Denise Richards; comic Ian Karnel.

Wednesday - Clint Black talks and performs; TV host Phil Keoghan.

Thursday - Actor Peter Gallagher; TV host Karamo Brown.

Friday - Actor Ben Platt; TV personality Jack Osbourne.

• Love 2
(edited)

I found the love discussion interesting. Sharon has a point about how the word is thrown around so loosely. I'm guilty of this. I love this candy. I love this dress. I love this, I love that. Now I've never been someone who used it loosely with people. I've definitely experienced being not the receiving end of phony I love you's. It's a pet peeve of mine. I have a friend who started saying I love you early into our friendship. I think she "loved" going out and having fun with me. She has not checked on me once during the pandemic. 

I'm with Sheryl on McDreamy! I don't care if I'm healthy as a horse, Patrick Dempsey is welcome to give me house calls anytime. :)

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I'm with Sheryl on McDreamy! I don't care if I'm healthy as a horse, Patrick Dempsey is welcome to give me house calls anytime. 🙂

Patrick Dempsey has the most smiley, sparkly eyes.  It's a bizarre description for sure, but the best way I can think of to describe it.   🤩

• Love 1

Love Sheryl, but I think it's time she retired the Little Richard wig. And that's not shade against the wig since she did wear it as Little Richard on one of the Halloween shows a few years back. Well, maybe there's a little bit of shade. 😉

• LOL 5
On 7/7/2020 at 2:53 PM, RealHousewife said:

I found the love discussion interesting. Sharon has a point about how the word is thrown around so loosely. I'm guilty of this. I love this candy. I love this dress. I love this, I love that. Now I've never been someone who used it loosely with people. I've definitely experienced being not the receiving end of phony I love you's. It's a pet peeve of mine. I have a friend who started saying I love you early into our friendship. I think she "loved" going out and having fun with me. She has not checked on me once during the pandemic. 

I'm with Sheryl on McDreamy! I don't care if I'm healthy as a horse, Patrick Dempsey is welcome to give me house calls anytime. 🙂

Ugh, Sharon. What a pill. Interesting about the use of the word Love though. There should be another word for different kinds of love. I think this is done in other languages. BTW, I have friends and relatives who purport to be so fond , love?, me. No one reached out to me during the pandemic either. Actually, I reached out to quite a few people and I don't know how much people even appreciate it. I feel like a loser sometime. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Ugh, Sharon. What a pill. Interesting about the use of the word Love though. There should be another word for different kinds of love. I think this is done in other languages. BTW, I have friends and relatives who purport to be so fond , love?, me. No one reached out to me during the pandemic either. Actually, I reached out to quite a few people and I don't know how much people even appreciate it. I feel like a loser sometime. 

I agree, I wish there were another word. "I like" lacks enthusiasm due to the fact everyone uses love. I am sorry about people not reaching out to you. I'm sure you're not a loser and perfectly lovely. :) Deep down I always felt phoniness from certain individuals despite the "love you's" and crap.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I agree, I wish there were another word. "I like" lacks enthusiasm due to the fact everyone uses love. I am sorry about people not reaching out to you. I'm sure you're not a loser and perfectly lovely. 🙂 Deep down I always felt phoniness from certain individuals despite the "love you's" and crap.

Thank You...😌

• Love 2

Schedule for the new week:

Monday - Actress Regina Hall; author Elaine Welteroth. 

Tuesday - Actress Amanda Peet; actor Tom Lennon.

Wednesday  - Actor Mark Feuerstein.

Thursday - Actress Vivica A. Fox.

Friday - Actress Nia Long.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Half way into the show today and 2 things.  The bouquet of roses next to Sharon was magnificent.  And Sheryl sure is dragging out her soap box a lot lately.  I know she has much to say about what is going on, but she is so intense it feels like a shouting lecture.  It kinda hurts my head.  I do still like her.   

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Lifesabeach said:

Half way into the show today and 2 things.  The bouquet of roses next to Sharon was magnificent.  And Sheryl sure is dragging out her soap box a lot lately.  I know she has much to say about what is going on, but she is so intense it feels like a shouting lecture.  It kinda hurts my head.  I do still like her.

I'm just glad she finally ditched the Halloween wig. Lol. Her story about flushing her mom's (or older brother's) weed down the toilet because her dad taught her to say no to drugs was hilarious. She and Marie both spoke with the most sense during the discussion about parents letting their kids drink and do drugs at home. I don't care if it's Johnny Depp "who comes from another world" (as Sharon put it) or Joe Blow Down the Road, it's irresponsible to allow your kids to partake in illegal activity "under your care". Yes, there are kids that will experiment with those substances, but as the parent you should draw a line in the sand at let your kids know where the boundaries lie with you. Hopefully you can have a relationship where they can be open with you and come to you when they step in it, but allowing them to do that in front of you is just crazy imo. 

• Love 5
(edited)
On 7/15/2020 at 11:44 PM, A.J. said:

Really liked today's topics.  I really felt for Marie during the Lisa Marie/son discussion. 

It was also great to see Brigitte again.  

Me too. Marie really has been through so much.

Ditto. Brigitte is always fun.

The bird watcher is such a gentleman and pure class. I still can't believe anyone was ever scared of a bird watcher. I mean really? lol I did crack up at Sharon saying she'd want that bitch behind bars now. hahaha

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 6

I agree about Brigitte - the woman is a pure ray of sunshine. She brings on the cheer and is never obnoxious. Still, I wish Carrie Ann a speedy recovery. Chronic pain of any kind is no fun. 

When is the show going to go on its annual summer hiatus? I'm actually ready for reruns from back in the studio before life as we all knew it turned upside down. 

• Love 2
On 7/18/2020 at 7:42 PM, catlover79 said:

When is the show going to go on its annual summer hiatus? I'm actually ready for reruns from back in the studio before life as we all knew it turned upside down. 

They usually take off the first week of August.

Got the new schedule...

Monday - Actor William Shatner; pastry chef Candace Nelson.

Tuesday - Actress Raven-Symone; singer Charlie Wilson talks and performs; chef Lorena Garcia.

Wednesday - TV anchor Norah o'Donnell; YouTube personality Rosanna Pansino.

Thursday - Chef Buddy Palastro.

Friday - Actor, comedian and actor D.L. Hughley; chef and author Tanya Holland.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'm a big Tyra Banks fan. I think she's drop dead gorgeous, enjoyed her as Jackie on Fresh Prince, in the movie Life-Size, used to watch Top Model, loved her talk show, think she's a very intelligent, hardworking savvy business woman. So this is nothing against her at all.

ABC getting rid of Tom was asinine. Dumbest move ever. Let's get rid of a man who's been there since day one, is charming, witty, and adored by all the fans. He makes the job look effortless, which it isn't. I don't personally know a single DWTS fan who doesn't love Tom. What they heck were they thinking?! I'm not as attached to Erin since she hasn't been there as long and I haven't watched the show as much with her as a host (not due to her, just my own schedule). But I also think she has an awesome personality, is beautiful, and did a great job. Bad decision to get rid of her too. A lot of us are wanting the familiar faces more than ever during this scary time where we find comfort watching shows like DWTS. I'm so upset by this. I'll always have a special place in my heart for DWTS as someone who dances as a hobby, but it just won't be the same without Tom's warmth and humor. 😞

• Love 6