Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I'm a big Tyra Banks fan. I think she's drop dead gorgeous, enjoyed her as Jackie on Fresh Prince, in the movie Life-Size, used to watch Top Model, loved her talk show, think she's a very intelligent, hardworking savvy business woman. So this is nothing against her at all.

ABC getting rid of Tom was asinine. Dumbest move ever. Let's get rid of a man who's been there since day one, is charming, witty, and adored by all the fans. He makes the job look effortless, which it isn't. I don't personally know a single DWTS fan who doesn't love Tom. What they heck were they thinking?! I'm not as attached to Erin since she hasn't been there as long and I haven't watched the show as much with her as a host (not due to her, just my own schedule). But I also think she has an awesome personality, is beautiful, and did a great job. Bad decision to get rid of her too. A lot of us are wanting the familiar faces more than ever during this scary time where we find comfort watching shows like DWTS. I'm so upset by this. I'll always have a special place in my heart for DWTS as someone who dances as a hobby, but it just won't be the same without Tom's warmth and humor. 😞

I haven't watched DWTS in years, but was also surprised to hear about Tom and Erin's firings as well. The suits always make a "WTF?!" move like this unfortunately. I hope Tyra does a good job and the show still entertains you, @RealHousewife. 🙂

5 hours ago, chediavolo said:

I'm not loving this show since the Corona made it impossible to be in the studio. Not the same. 

Wonky audio/video issues (Eve's acts up the most I've noticed) aside, I like the show without an audience clapping and laughing every other minute. It was awkward at first, but I've gotten used to it. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, chediavolo said:

I'm not loving this show since the Corona made it impossible to be in the studio. Not the same. 

I still watch, but I do agree that the new format is somewhat claustrophobic.

• Love 4
On 7/22/2020 at 3:42 PM, RealHousewife said:

I'm a big Tyra Banks fan. I think she's drop dead gorgeous, enjoyed her as Jackie on Fresh Prince, in the movie Life-Size, used to watch Top Model, loved her talk show, think she's a very intelligent, hardworking savvy business woman. So this is nothing against her at all.

ABC getting rid of Tom was asinine. Dumbest move ever. Let's get rid of a man who's been there since day one, is charming, witty, and adored by all the fans. He makes the job look effortless, which it isn't. I don't personally know a single DWTS fan who doesn't love Tom. What they heck were they thinking?! I'm not as attached to Erin since she hasn't been there as long and I haven't watched the show as much with her as a host (not due to her, just my own schedule). But I also think she has an awesome personality, is beautiful, and did a great job. Bad decision to get rid of her too. A lot of us are wanting the familiar faces more than ever during this scary time where we find comfort watching shows like DWTS. I'm so upset by this. I'll always have a special place in my heart for DWTS as someone who dances as a hobby, but it just won't be the same without Tom's warmth and humor. 😞

I agree with your post but I think Tom speaking out over ABC's decision to put a polarizing figure on dancing with the stars may have cost him his job.  I don't want to say too much since it would be off-topic.. I loved Tom Bergeron and he grounded the show with his presence and grace. 

Tyra is a buffoon and I cannot stand her.  Her crazy over the top attitude and nastiness on America's next top model showed me the real Tyra Banks and it was not pretty.. It is just like the View regarding Whoopie Goldberg.. Familiarity breeds contempt..

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I agree with your post but I think Tom speaking out over ABC's decision to put a polarizing figure on dancing with the stars may have cost him his job.  I don't want to say too much since it would be off-topic.. I loved Tom Bergeron and he grounded the show with his presence and grace. 

I wonder if they had a talk with Tom regarding that person. I hope it wasn't a "well you said things that offended a large part of the audience Tom, you're out."

• Love 1

New schedule for the week:

Monday - Actor and comedian Sebastian Maniscalco; actress and musician Rita Wilson.

Tuesday - Television host and comedian Howie Mandel; "Feel, Real and Keep It Real" segment with television host Leeza Gibbons.

Wednesday - Actor Christopher Meloni; comedian, singer, satirist Randy Rainbow.

Thursday - Ozzy and Jack Osbourne discuss their new paranormal television series; television host and author Al Roker; guitarist and frontman John Rzeznik from the Goo Goo Dolls performs.

Friday - Comedian, actor and host Cedric the Entertainer; actress La La Anthony.

• Useful 1

I can't believe I missed Sebastian Maniscalco because of a funeral!!!!😧 And DOOL...Why do they do this? Put in on as a special on one of the many many cable channels. No need to interrupt 3 hours of tv time for those of us who rely on our Dishes, no broadband. Why couldn't it have been any other show? DAMM IT>>>>>>.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, chediavolo said:

I can't believe I missed Sebastian Maniscalco because of a funeral!!!!😧 And DOOL...Why do they do this? Put in on as a special on one of the many many cable channels. No need to interrupt 3 hours of tv time for those of us who rely on our Dishes, no broadband. Why couldn't it have been any other show? DAMM IT>>>>>>.

It should be on CBS.com by now.

On 7/27/2020 at 4:57 PM, chediavolo said:

You could also catch it On Demand. 

4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

What DL said about Sheryl was so sweet. 🙂 Sheryl really is such a sweetheart. 

What did he say? 

On 7/27/2020 at 7:29 PM, scorpio1031 said:

It should be on CBS.com by now.

I must be one of about 5 people left in the world without unlimited broadband or fiber optic or whatever. So I am not able to watch streaming tv, apps, etc etc etc like 99% of the world. I am furious. We are still waiting in my area to be served. Verizon "unlimited " is 15gb then slows down. Phone data gets used up quickly too. I feel so left out besides feeling furious that unlimited high speed broadband is not a utility. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, rmcrae said:

You could also catch it On Demand. 

What did he say? 

I wish I hadn’t deleted it! He talked about the kind of person Sheryl is and how she took care of her sister. I haven’t been able to find the full DL interview online, but if I can find it on YouTube I’ll post a link. 🙂

• Love 1
On 7/29/2020 at 5:25 PM, RealHousewife said:

I wish I hadn’t deleted it! He talked about the kind of person Sheryl is and how she took care of her sister. I haven’t been able to find the full DL interview online, but if I can find it on YouTube I’ll post a link. 🙂

It's ok, @RealHousewife. I'll look for it on their YouTube page before bed. 🙂

I'll catch today's show On Demand since it was preempted, but I was thrilled to see Chris Meloni's sexy self yesterday. 😍 About time Elliot Stabler makes a return to TV. 😉

• Love 3

@chediavolo, they're rerunning last Monday's show on Wednesday. Only tomorrow and Tuesday's shows are new and then the summer hiatus begins.

Monday - Actor Dave Bautista; actress Melody Thomas Scott.

Tuesday - Actor Sean Hayes;  actor J.B. Smoove.

Wednesday - Comic Sebastian Maniscalco; Actress Rita Wilson.

Thursday - Ozzy and Jack Osbourne; musician John Rzeznik.

Friday - Actress Regina King. 

• Love 1

I thought the beginning of the show was very sweet. I know the format took some getting used to, but yes ladies, thank you for doing your best and bringing some normalcy into my life. I will miss the show so much while it's on hiatus. 

I hope everyone on the forum is safe and well. 😊

• Love 2

They all had nice words for Sheryl and it was nice to see the love. 

I am so glad that I watched today. Thanks for the promo for the Ruff Ryders documentary on BET because I knew nothing about it! DVR already set to record and I'm going to catch up on the No Limit Master P stuff that has already been airing. 

• Love 2

Marie won't be returning.

Marie Osmond Exits ‘The Talk’ After One Season

EXCLUSIVE: Marie Osmond is leaving The Talk after one season as a co-host of the CBS daytime talk show. She is currently working on other projects, including a new show with ViacomCBS.

“Marie is a consummate professional, and we thank her for sharing her personal experiences, insight, as well as incredible talents, with our audience,” CBS said in a statement to Deadline. “We will miss her humor, kindness and good nature, and wish her much success in her future endeavors.”

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I wasn't surprised to read this morning that Marie (whatever happened to her last name Osmond?) would not be returning for the new season.  During the weeks of the quarantined shows, Marie hardly had anything to say.  Most of the time I wondered why she was even part of the group.  She's a nice person but definitely added little to nothing to the panel.  

Often this past year, Brigitte Nielsen has been filling in.  I'm hoping she is not selected to join the panel permanently.  If she is, it will be the end of my watching.  Can't put my finger on it, but I just don't think she fits in well with the regular panel.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I'm not happy or sad to see Marie go and I wish her luck on her future projects. 

2 hours ago, Annifran said:

I wasn't surprised to read this morning that Marie (whatever happened to her last name Osmond?) would not be returning for the new season.  During the weeks of the quarantined shows, Marie hardly had anything to say.  Most of the time I wondered why she was even part of the group.  She's a nice person but definitely added little to nothing to the panel.  

Often this past year, Brigitte Nielsen has been filling in.  I'm hoping she is not selected to join the panel permanently.  If she is, it will be the end of my watching.  Can't put my finger on it, but I just don't think she fits in well with the regular panel.

Who would you like to see replace Marie?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

Yvette Nicole Brown would be a real treat (for me)!!!

YES! I adore that woman. She is sharp and interesting but also nice and likable. An ideal host. 

51 minutes ago, xfuse said:

Someone closer to 40 than 50. I also don't want Brigitte. I find a little of her can go a long way.

I think Brigitte would be great to replace someone like Sharon. They're both kind of outrageous at times, but Brigitte is much kinder. I definitely find Brigitte interesting. I always get excited when I see she's part of the show. Yvette is my first choice of the names thrown out though. Ideally I prefer her on The View. I think she'd be great on a political show. But I'd be thrilled if she joined any of the shows I watch!

As a younger person, it would be cool to get a younger host too, but I already have The Real if I want a younger vibe. Adrienne is just slightly older than me. 

2 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

Well, Marie's tenure sure didn't last long. I hope Brigitte gets her spot - and after that, no more cast changes for awhile. Replacing a co-host has become an almost yearly event, going back to when Aisha left in 2017.

Yeah, there is something about a familiar face that I appreciate more than ever right now. I'm still so sad Tom Bergeron is off DWTS. 😞

I get that Marie isn't the most interesting and didn't always agree with her perspective on things, but I think she's essentially a good, wholesome woman, which is becoming more and more rare nowadays. I still don't get why there's such vitriol toward her.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Annifran said:

I wasn't surprised to read this morning that Marie (whatever happened to her last name Osmond?) would not be returning for the new season. 

I've been asking myself that question ever since she started referring to herself as only Marie on the Nutrisystem commercials.  It's one of those irksome things that irrationally bugs the hell out of me.  "I'm Marie!"  grr.

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Yvette Nicole Brown would be a real treat (for me)!!!

Would love her too! I get the feeling she prefers having the freedom of being a guest co-host on panel shows. She'd make a damn good permanent host. 

2 hours ago, xfuse said:

Someone closer to 40 than 50. I also don't want Brigitte. I find a little of her can go a long way.

Any specific names come to mind? What'd you think about Jodie Sweetin? 

50 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I've been asking myself that question ever since she started referring to herself as only Marie on the Nutrisystem commercials.  It's one of those irksome things that irrationally bugs the hell out of me.  "I'm Marie!"  grr.

She said there's "only one Mrs. O at the table" when they made the announcement she was joining the show. 🙄🤢

• Love 4
1 hour ago, catlover79 said:

Replacing a co-host has become an almost yearly event, going back to when Aisha left in 2017.

Actually, it HAS become a yearly event!! 😳

2017 - Aisha for Eve

2018 - Julie for Carrie Ann

2019 - Sara for Marie

2020 - Marie for ?????

2 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

I do like her but I don't know if she got the personality to be 'on' every day of the week.

Janelle from Big Brother got me watching the show for the first time in years I think she would be great. She has the personality and she certainly isn't a pushover. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, xfuse said:

I do like her but I don't know if she got the personality to be 'on' every day of the week.

Janelle from Big Brother got me watching the show for the first time in years I think she would be great. She has the personality and she certainly isn't a pushover. 

It's been a long time since I've watched BB so I'm not sure if I know her. Is she on the current season? 

4 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Would love her too! I get the feeling she prefers having the freedom of being a guest co-host on panel shows. She'd make a damn good permanent host. 

She said there's "only one Mrs. O at the table" when they made the announcement she was joining the show. 🙄🤢

I'll take YNB on The The Talk, The View, The Real, anywhere! lol 

Jodie isn't a bad idea. I'm a nostalgic person and grew up watching Full House, so it is always nice to see her.

Ugh Sharon is so rude. I wish we could get her replaced. I know Marie wasn't a huge hit, but she did not deserve Sharon's rudeness. I hope we keep Sheryl, Carrie-Ann and Eve for awhile. 

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I'll take YNB on The The Talk, The View, The Real, anywhere! lol 

Jodie isn't a bad idea. I'm a nostalgic person and grew up watching Full House, so it is always nice to see her.

Ugh Sharon is so rude. I wish we could get her replaced. I know Marie wasn't a huge hit, but she did not deserve Sharon's rudeness. I hope we keep Sheryl, Carrie-Ann and Eve for awhile. 

I don't think anyone else will be leaving. Not for another year maybe. 😉

• Love 3
15 hours ago, rmcrae said:

It's been a long time since I've watched BB so I'm not sure if I know her. Is she on the current season? 

She was but she was evicted because people are bitter. Janelle was on season 6,7,14 and this season 22. You might remember her(tall blonde) and Kaysar (Muslim) from all the way back in 2005.

3 hours ago, xfuse said:

She was but she was evicted because people are bitter. Janelle was on season 6,7,14 and this season 22. You might remember her(tall blonde) and Kaysar (Muslim) from all the way back in 2005.

I remember her and Kaysar now. Thanks. 

On 9/3/2020 at 6:16 PM, RealHousewife said:

Yeah, there is something about a familiar face that I appreciate more than ever right now. I'm still so sad Tom Bergeron is off DWTS. 😞

I get that Marie isn't the most interesting and didn't always agree with her perspective on things, but I think she's essentially a good, wholesome woman, which is becoming more and more rare nowadays. I still don't get why there's such vitriol toward her.

I think Tyra Banks is an awful replacement for Tom.  What the hell were they thinking.  

Speaking of Marie, I think most of the hate comes from her religious beliefs and her seemingly too good to be true good girl image.  I think she is a great co-host and she seems to truly be a good person.  The celebrity guests that know her always has good things to say about her.  I will miss her being there.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, A.J. said:

Speaking of Marie, I think most of the hate comes from her religious beliefs and her seemingly too good to be true good girl image. 

Not for me. To me she is fake and always tried to one-up everyone. That is why I don't like her.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I think that was the case when she first started, but she toned that down considerably.  Just sayin'!

She may have toned it down after a few months but by then the damage was done. I didn't like her.

But my post was in response to A.J. saying that the reason for the dislike was her religion and her good girl image. I was pointing out that for me it wasn't religion or good girl at all. 

• Love 1
On 9/4/2020 at 9:05 PM, KLovestoShop said:

Well, look at it this way.  Sara left because apparently her wife wanted her to be home more.  Now that they’re divorced, and The Connors haven’t gone back into production, maybe Sara will want to come back. I like her, so I hope so. 

From what I could gather, Sara filed for legal separation in December 2019, but it doesn't appear they have divorced as of now.  The Connors just went back into production on August 17th.  They have been airing new commercials stating they will be back in the fall.  I've always like Sara, but it appeared The Talk was just wearing her down since it was 5 live shows a week.  Toss in Roseanne/The Connors and having a younger child, something had to give.  I hope she's doing what makes her happy, and if that's not going back to The Talk, then so be it.

• Love 6

Does anyone have any idea when they will be back in the studio? The third hour of Today has all the hosts spread out. I wonder why more talk shows (The View included) aren't doing this, especially since there are no live audiences and the guests are all interviewed via Zoom.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, catlover79 said:

Does anyone have any idea when they will be back in the studio? The third hour of Today has all the hosts spread out. I wonder why more talk shows (The View included) aren't doing this, especially since there are no live audiences and the guests are all interviewed via Zoom.

They should be back by next week when all the other talk shows return as well. I don't think they'll be back in-studio anytime soon unfortunately. On Loose Women (British version of The View and The Talk) they have three hosts in the studio (six feet apart) and a fourth host from home with no studio audience. The Talk could do that. As far as I know Eve is still in London so Carrie Ann, Sheryl and Sharon could be in the studio. 

27 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I'm really curious who Marie's replacement will be and when the show starts back up. I miss it. When I don't have stuff like The Talk to watch, I watch more news. It depresses me now more than ever. 

I know it's a scary time, but don't get too down, @RealHousewife. *cyber hug*

• Love 3
9 hours ago, catlover79 said:

I'm guessing that some of the hosts are opposed to going back to being in studio; I say this because on The View last week Joy Behar, in particular, said that she is not going back until 'this thing is over.'  Perhaps Joy's fellow co-hosts and some of the ladies of the Talk feel the same.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, rmcrae said:

They should be back by next week when all the other talk shows return as well. I don't think they'll be back in-studio anytime soon unfortunately. On Loose Women (British version of The View and The Talk) they have three hosts in the studio (six feet apart) and a fourth host from home with no studio audience. The Talk could do that. As far as I know Eve is still in London so Carrie Ann, Sheryl and Sharon could be in the studio. 

I know it's a scary time, but don't get too down, @RealHousewife. *cyber hug*

Thank you for all the info! I wish I could watch Loose Women on TV. I've seen clips on YouTube, and it looks like a really entertaining show.

Aw, thanks @rmcrae. *big hug back* You are so sweet. 🥰

• Love 3
On 9/15/2020 at 5:42 PM, RealHousewife said:

Thank you for all the info! I wish I could watch Loose Women on TV. I've seen clips on YouTube, and it looks like a really entertaining show.

Aw, thanks @rmcrae. *big hug back* You are so sweet. 🥰

Thanks and you're a sweetheart too, @RealHousewife! 😘

Not only is the show coming back on Monday, they'll be back in studio with a reconstructed social distancing set and no studio audience: https://www.viacomcbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/the-talk/releases/view?id=55934

Drew Barrymore, Sterling K. Brown, Jenny McCarthy (ugh), Rob Lowe, Dr. Shill McGraw (double ugh) and Ayesha Curry will be guests for the season premiere week via Skype. 

Seems like they're taking a page out of Loose Women's book and I'm here for it. 😁

Edited by rmcrae
Fixing link
  • Love 3
Just now, rmcrae said:

Thanks and you're a sweetheart too, @RealHousewife! 😘

Not only is the show coming back on Monday, they'll be back in studio with a reconstructed social distancing set and no studio audience: https://www.viacomcbsexpressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/the-talk/releases/view?id=55934

Drew Barrymore, Sterling K. Brown, Jenny McCarthy (ugh), Rob Lowe, Dr. Shill McGraw (double ugh) and Ayesha Curry will be guests for the season premiere week via Skype. 

Seems like they're taking a page out of Loose Women's book and I'm here for it. 😁

Yay! I'm excited. Thank you for keeping us posted as always. 😀

• Love 3
18 hours ago, rmcrae said:

You're very welcome! 😀 This dang link is working my nerves though. LOL. 

Fingers crossed this one'll work: https://daytimeconfidential.com/2020/09/16/the-talk-returns-to-live-socially-distanced-set-sept-21.

I think it is healthy mentally for them to do this with everything going on surrounding Covid19 and the fires in California where the ladies live.. I am on the east coast and the smoke from the west has affected our weather, the sun has been blocked for 2 days so we are cloudy..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 2