Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Severed Ties Part 1

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Saje81 said:

I agree with everything you say, and I doubt Pedro will ever go on welfare. Pedro has shown more work ethic than most foreign spouses we've seen on this show. Plus, I doubt welfare benefits would pay enough to keep Pedro living reasonably here, and Mom and Sis in the lifestyle they're accustomed back home. 

I agree with this 100%. Although I think Pedro is an immature asshole (as is his dimwit wife). She does seem more way into him than he is into her though at this point.

Chantel was living on her own when he came over - so obviously she has some sort of income. There’s no way given his status (ie former job at a DR resort?) and likely education he has a job that can support them both in the US. I do believe that Chantel is likely paying for most of their living expenses. So Family Pedro can bite me about not allowing her to stay in their lovely three BR apartment that Pedro is paying for. Of course - bitch ass Chantel didn’t want to stay there anyway.

If she’s getting her RN - that’s actually tough. Lots of memorization and knowledge of anatomy etc. I couldn’t do it - and I have a Masters degree (mine is finance related and I can’t memorize shit).

I don’t think Pedro’s divorcing her anytime soon cause if he has to pay rent, living expenses on his own he’d have little money to send to the succubi back in the DR. Though given Mama Pedro’s outfit when last seen - it does look like she has some sort of job at least. I’m thinking Sister Pedro still doesn’t.

Not that I think Family Chantel is any better. They’re like a pack of hyenas.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree so much.  Colt should have said:  "Look, we need to tell her this now or she will feel like we lied to her.  Cause we are lying to her."  I mean, these people are all up in each other's business all the damn time plus those three live together - I am surprised no one has ended up in a Sterilite bin, all chopped up by now.

ALL of the these couples suffer from "I am pissed at my spouse so I am going to tell my parents all about it" then wonder why everyone is pissed.  Couple that with acting like being here or coming here is a big ass favor, and well......

I would hate to think that my husband thought marrying me was a favor and I owed him anything.  Heck, he bought me a CAR for Christmas and never brings it up, ever.  Not the same thing but he could play the "Why can't YOU mow the lawn?  I bought you a car.  Why can't you strip the bed?  I bought you a car."*  It just so unhealthy to have that power imbalance or the "I left my family for you" card being played all damn day.  All month long.  All year long.  Alexi and Loren are the only ones who seem to truly dig each other for all the right reasons.

*= He is also helping me pay down my student loans, helps both my sons pay for college and will pay for any repairs the car may need.  Yes he is just that awesome.  We keep our money separate and I want for nothing.  Nothing.

You are a lucky woman, but I’m thinking your husband considers himself a lucky man. And that is due to your treatment, appreciation and consideration of him. That’s how a marriage should be, something these couples have no idea of, it’s all me, me,me. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

You are a lucky woman, but I’m thinking your husband considers himself a lucky man. And that is due to your treatment, appreciation and consideration of him. That’s how a marriage should be, something these couples have no idea of, it’s all me, me,me. 

Ah gee......thanks!

• Love 1
On 6/3/2019 at 6:20 PM, brillia79 said:

If I had to guess, she looks like someone who has used skin bleaching cream long term. It gives you the rough, splotchy, skin that is lurking beneath her foundation.

It looks like melasma to me. I have some under my eyes, left over from my pregnancy. I hear it’s quite common, and would be visible if she was wearing lighter makeup that day. 

On 6/3/2019 at 6:19 PM, iwasish said:

Is Pao the only woman to have a baby? She and Russ act as if she’s going to be in agony for days and days. Of course Pao will overact the whole time but all Russ has to do is hold her hand and look sympathetic. 

I am also RH negative, and my husband is RH positive, and had a rhogam shot with my pregnancy. If memory serves, you don’t get one until your third trimester, so unless Pao had a late term miscarriage due to this reason, which I doubt is the case with American healthcare at her disposal, (it would have been noted and protected against) I don’t know why she’s making such a big deal out of it. 

11 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Mr. Poetic was gaffawing about Larissa's complaints about Colt's sexual prowess. He doesn't watch the show so he wanted to know what the problem was. I told him that first he had her arrested for DV, and then I said look at him.  "Sex with Cotlee is a disaster", "I am not a blow up doll", etc. Too funny. When the sex therapist mentioned feathers and seduction, and he touched Larissa's arm, I could see her cringing. Cut to Debbie defending her slot machine placement. It's such a mess. I almost feel bad for Larissa for putting up with all this shit to be in the US. And I was pretty much gobsmacked when Debbie said Larissa shouldn't bring her kids. And of course Coltee agreed. Those two need to marry each other and be done with it. 

I think the root of Coltee’s plural marriage troubles is he has perpetuated unrealistic expectations with his wives. If he were up-front and clear with both of them, they would likely have half the troubles they are experiencing. Instead, he waffles this way and that, lies and manipulates and relishes the catfighting. Finally, women are fighting over him! His teenage dream is realized!

Don’t get me wrong, things would still suck, but at least they wouldn’t be getting mixed messages. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Saje81 said:

If memory serves, you don’t get one until your third trimester, so unless Pao had a late term miscarriage due to this reason, which I doubt is the case with American healthcare at her disposal, (it would have been noted and protected against) I don’t know why she’s making such a big deal out of it. 

She's making a big deal out of it because she's Pao, and that's what she does. She's a pot stirring drama queen. And you just know that she's milking her pregnancy for all its worth. She's expecting Ros to dance attendance on her, grant her every whim, and cater to her 24 hours a day. Well, more than usual.

• Love 13
11 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

She's making a big deal out of it because she's Pao, and that's what she does. She's a pot stirring drama queen. And you just know that she's milking her pregnancy for all its worth. She's expecting Ros to dance attendance on her, grant her every whim, and cater to her 24 hours a day. Well, more than usual.

I had a miscarriage between my pregnancies and quite frankly, it was not that big of a deal. It was hard, yes, but I was not crying over it for months.  Maybe I am more practical and pragmatic?  I dunno......it could really be painful or it could be.....Pao.  I vote for option #2.

• Love 6
On 6/4/2019 at 1:32 PM, Kangatush said:

t's in the episode titled into the lion's den.  It is available on-demand, but it hasn't aired on regular tv until Sunday.  TLC is releasing things on-demand super early for some reason and some people are a bit ahead because of it.  You haven't missed anything.  Think of it like a verbal, next time on... 

Is this also true of the email re: Azan that's been referenced a few times? I 'missed' that detail too and was wondering when that happened?

I hope this is the right forum..so many....but I found myself laughing at work (coworkers must have thought I was nuts) thinking about Larissa calling Colt Pumpy and saying the fat lopsided pumpkin looked like him....and Debbie waving the severed hand around when Larissa is asking to move the slot machine 😂I will miss them.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, ChiMama said:

Is this also true of the email re: Azan that's been referenced a few times? I 'missed' that detail too and was wondering when that happened?

yup, same deal.

So, let me get this straight. Did Nicole actually pay someone to do her hair before her trip and then colored it purple after the trip got called off? Lordy me  

I really hated that I laughed at her in her workout gear exercising in front of her house. I do hope she can keep it up and focus on her daughter’s and her wellbeing and close the Azan chapter for good but this is turning into the Neverending Story here. 

• Love 4

I agree, I can't help watching Nicole but  feel so guilty when I am so disgusted by her stupidity and poor judgment.  I was so turned off when after her mom asked about May going to kindergarten over there, and Nicole said duh she has to talk to Azan about that..........and her parents were like how did you not already talk about this?!?! Pitiful.

Her step father is really quite savvy and I felt for him when he said I just hope she doesnt come back pregnant.

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I don’t want to minimize a tragic experience but with Pao’s first pregnancy, didn’t she find out she was pregnant, then miscarry just a couple of DAYS later? 

I was thinking along those lines too. As sad as it is, that early on is not quite the same as carrying a baby for several months and then losing it. It's fairly common too; a lot of women miscarry early without even knowing they were pregnant to begin with.

• Love 6

Yikes! Nicole's Purple hair and auburn roots! She said she wanted to “look different” so mission accomplished. 

I had to laugh when she was arguing with Robalee and Joe about the validity of the email from the guy in Morocco who claimed Azan wasn’t serious about their relationship and her response was “People don’t always tell the truth on the internet!” 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, magemaud said:

Yikes! Nicole's Purple hair and auburn roots! She said she wanted to “look different” so mission accomplished. 

I had to laugh when she was arguing with Robalee and Joe about the validity of the email from the guy in Morocco who claimed Azan wasn’t serious about their relationship and her response was “People don’t always tell the truth on the internet!” 

I can only imagine how many times Nicole has obsessed over things, people, etc...and every time Robalee has tried to get Nicole to see the light but to no avail.  I am sure that this behavior did not just start with Azan, it probably started in first grade with a lunch box Nicole had to have or in middle school with a boy who did not even know who Nicole was or maybe he looked in her general direction once and she imagined the two of them running off in to the sunset together.  It must be exhausting for Robalee.

Saying Azan is not serious about their relationship bugs me because it implies that there is a "relationship"...like I am having a relationship with my bank's ATM. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I can only imagine how many times Nicole has obsessed over things, people, etc...and every time Robalee has tried to get Nicole to see the light but to no avail.  I am sure that this behavior did not just start with Azan, it probably started in first grade with a lunch box Nicole had to have or in middle school with a boy who did not even know who Nicole was or maybe he looked in her general direction once and she imagined the two of them running off in to the sunset together.  It must be exhausting for Robalee.

Saying Azan is not serious about their relationship bugs me because it implies that there is a "relationship"...like I am having a relationship with my bank's ATM. 

LOL, azan has a more serious relationship with Nicole's ATM than he has with Nicole.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
On 6/5/2019 at 9:43 PM, ChiMama said:

Possibly. There is also an e-mail that was discussed recently from an earlier season where Nicole was sent an e-mail stating Azan was denied the K1 Visa.  She took it to a lawyer, who told her that Immigration NEVER sends e-mails and will always send a letter.  I may be remembering it wrong, but I think the lawyer also said that they would give a reason for denial, and there was no reason on the e-mail.  Rather than see red flags, Nicole just assumed the lawyer didn't know what she was talking about.  Most people commenting at that time thought Azan or a friend sent Nicole the e-mail.

14 hours ago, magemaud said:

I don’t want to minimize a tragic experience but with Pao’s first pregnancy, didn’t she find out she was pregnant, then miscarry just a couple of DAYS later? 

Something like that.  It was weird.  She used it partially as an excuse for her not visiting her family (apart from blaming it on Roos).  Something about a disorder, and the baby having "weak limbs", which if it was an early miscarriage, I'm not sure how she'd know that.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Nicole reminded  me of a conversation I had with my sister when she was in Jr High, we were driving somewhere and passed a boy on the street, and she said very excitedly oh there’s Marty so and so. I love him so much. I said do you want to stop and say Hi? She said No, he doesn’t even know I exist. The difference is my sister was 13 Nicole is 25.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, funky-rat said:
18 hours ago, magemaud said:

Something like that.  It was weird.  She used it partially as an excuse for her not visiting her family (apart from blaming it on Roos).  Something about a disorder, and the baby having "weak limbs", which if it was an early miscarriage, I'm not sure how she'd know that.

I think the comment about the "blood problem and weak limbs" was in reference to future pregnancies and possibly Pao's misinterpretation of the doctor telling her the baby could be anemic due to Rh incompatibility, and not an explanation of why she miscarried. I don't think she knew she was pregnant long enough for it to "sink in." Of course she overreacted since Rhogam shots have been standard treatment for years, my daughter is 37 and I had it after she was born, then towards the end of my second pregnancy and right after delivery of her sister two years later. 

• Love 5

Rh positive status is only a problem after the first pregnancy when the woman creates antibodies so I’m wondering if Pao has been pregnant before? A shot is given at 26-28 weeks and after birth if needed. A blood draw at the first prenatal visit would determine that, so if she miscarried it’s likely due to a prior miscarriage or abortion since the treatment isn’t given until the later in pregnancy. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
(edited)

I don’t think we’ll ever know whether or not it was Pao’s first pregnancy, but at least they were aware of the incompatibility issue and she had the shot after the miscarriage to protect future pregnancies. I also don’t think the doctor was blaming the miscarriage on an Rh problem but the incompatibility came to light when they learned she had a negative blood type. When my obstetrician determined I was O neg, the next question was to find out my husband’s blood type. If he had also been negative, I wouldn’t have needed any further Rh monitoring. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, funky-rat said:

Possibly. There is also an e-mail that was discussed recently from an earlier season where Nicole was sent an e-mail stating Azan was denied the K1 Visa.  She took it to a lawyer, who told her that Immigration NEVER sends e-mails and will always send a letter.  I may be remembering it wrong, but I think the lawyer also said that they would give a reason for denial, and there was no reason on the e-mail.  Rather than see red flags, Nicole just assumed the lawyer didn't know what she was talking about.  Most people commenting at that time thought Azan or a friend sent Nicole the e-mail.

Pao also says her RH issue is rare,and she has a rare blood type. No it is not, my mother had it way back in the day when she was pregnant with my sister and with me...she was part of a a study for the drug Rogam.  My father is B neg and mom was O neg, we had to be induced and there was a slight reaction where sometimes there has to be a blood transfusion for the baby to be either positive or negative.  Pao likes her drama, but realistically it is a managable condition.

• Love 9
On 6/7/2019 at 7:40 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Rh positive status is only a problem after the first pregnancy when the woman creates antibodies so I’m wondering if Pao has been pregnant before? A shot is given at 26-28 weeks and after birth if needed. A blood draw at the first prenatal visit would determine that, so if she miscarried it’s likely due to a prior miscarriage or abortion since the treatment isn’t given until the later in pregnancy. 

Yes!  My mother told me that my brother had no issues, my sister had a very slight reaction and then there was me, (the favorite, lol) I had a reaction but did not need to be transfused.  Pao loves the drama and near death situation this pregnancy has been for her, as the only woman in the world to carry a child...Russ is a saint, an idiot but a saint. Pao is insufferable. Russ's mother is lucky to not have to deal with Pao while she gestates, actually all of Oklahoma is lucky to not have Pao in their midst during her pregnancy.

• Love 8

I agree with this 100%. Although I think Pedro is an immature asshole (as is his dimwit wife). She does seem more way into him than he is into her though at this point.

When Pedro told her that the last week without her was the best week of his life, she should have gotten up and calmly gone back to the airport. That's immature and was said on purpose to hurt her. 

I'm no Chantel fan, but Chantel is likely covering most of their bills, and Pedro just isn't worth this much crap. Its not going to work long term. She needs to cut her losses, find a divorce attorney, and move on. She must be reasonably smart if she is getting through nursing school.

And I doubt she will want to continue financing her in-laws once she has kids and more bills to pay. I believe they are paying for the mother and sister's apartment? While the mother and sister treat her like shit. Family Chantel may completely suck, but Pedro's not paying their bills. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

When Pedro told her that the last week without her was the best week of his life, she should have gotten up and calmly gone back to the airport. That's immature and was said on purpose to hurt her. 

I'm no Chantel fan, but Chantel is likely covering most of their bills, and Pedro just isn't worth this much crap. Its not going to work long term. She needs to cut her losses, find a divorce attorney, and move on. She must be reasonably smart if she is getting through nursing school.

And I doubt she will want to continue financing her in-laws once she has kids and more bills to pay. I believe they are paying for the mother and sister's apartment? While the mother and sister treat her like shit. Family Chantel may completely suck, but Pedro's not paying their bills. 

It was mean, but Chantal had been begging for it.

In spite of being asked, told and begged not to come, she showed up.  In spite of this, Pedro finds some doodad gift and picks her up at the airport, which, for someone who is upset shows he is putting for some kind of effort.

She almost immediately starts to nag and demand.  He better be taking her to hotel, she is not staying at the house. No one asked her to come and now she has 10 million demands.  She is already on a mission to take a trip that was fun and make it miserable.

I suspect Pedro is paying the bills, or at least his fair share.  He works in a warehouse, and while I'm not up on that game I think it's like $15-$20/hour or so, right?  She talks about going to work, but as a nursing student is she working or doing internships/externships/rotations/working for school credit...and calling it work 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

I suspect Pedro is paying the bills, or at least his fair share.  He works in a warehouse, and while I'm not up on that game I think it's like $15-$20/hour or so, right?  She talks about going to work, but as a nursing student is she working or doing internships/externships/rotations/working for school credit...and calling it work 

It varies.  Where I live, warehouses are anywhere from $10 to $13, depending on the work involved (picking, packing, forklift, loading/unloading, etc).  If it's a union shop, they can get more.  If they're highly experienced, they can get more.  If their job involves some sort of piece rate (mostly for picking), their pay can increase depending on how fast they go. But the overwhelming majority of warehouse jobs where I work pay less than $15-20/hour, and the cost of living here is cheaper than Atlanta.  A friend worked in a union shop for 17 years.  This was in a city - not as big as Atlanta, but medium sized.  He was making $22 when he became disabled.

And Pedro won't get welfare.  If you don't have kids, forget it.  And if you're single with no kids (which he would be if they split), you can really forget it.

Edited by funky-rat
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 6/6/2019 at 12:42 AM, Kangatush said:

yup, same deal.

I think you're referring to the email Nicole's dad said he got from someone he knows in Morocco. This person basically says what we all know, that Azan is scamming Nicole.

• Love 1

Nicole's step father is my favorite person on this show.  He knows what is going on, but Robalee ignores him and continues to enable Nicole who has decided that she and May will stay with Robalee until they leave for Morocco.  I can't believe that her family enables her so.  Try a little tough love.  Yes, they are trying to help May, but May will only be used as bait as long as the family falls for it.  If Nicole truly had to provide for herself we may see some of her priorities change.  And, yes, I'm sure the purple hair will go over well with Azan's family.  Come on Nicole, you and Azan own a beauty/make-up store so you should know what looks good.  Oh, wait...

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Chantel is likely covering most of their bills

If she is, it's not with money she is earning. If she's in school, maybe she is also managing to work full time. We have seen her in scrubs and I've seen other people say she works as a nursing assistant. I live in a high-rent area and Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) probably make about $10 - $12/hour plus shift differentials. I think that her parents must have subsidized her life even prior to Pedro.

She must be reasonably smart if she is getting through nursing school.

Is she in nursing school? Or is she doing prerequisites? The show is vague about everyone's work but it seems like Chantal has been in nursing school forever.

• Love 5

"I'm not talking about stupid messages from people we don't even know online. I'm not talking about something stupid like this. It's not real and even if it was real I don't want to hear about it because they don't know anything"

I think Nicole is dealing with a sunk cost fallacy here. She has put so much energy into this situation with Azan she can't walk away even if someone eventually shows her irrefutable proof. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, watchingtvaddict said:

"I'm not talking about stupid messages from people we don't even know online. I'm not talking about something stupid like this. It's not real and even if it was real I don't want to hear about it because they don't know anything"

I think Nicole is dealing with a sunk cost fallacy here. She has put so much energy into this situation with Azan she can't walk away even if someone eventually shows her irrefutable proof. 

This is truth.  Nicole's comment was very telling.  I think some small corner of her brain knows what's going on, but is being yelled down by the delusional and "sunken cost fallacy" part of her brain.

If she wants to save face, she could just fly to morroco....on her own......and claim that she left azan at the alter.  I kinda think he just wants to get out of this situation because too many people are asking questions and Nicoles small money isn't worth the hassle, so he would agree to being painted as the jilted lover.

She shouldnt worry about the TLC money because Nicole was made for reality TV and TLC knows a delusional, unlikable person with no shame when they see one....they will never let her go.  She is a prime candidate for love after lockup....BUT I really wish TLC would encourage her to let May stay with robbalee.  I suspect step dad has a few problems but worrying about Mays safety with any new 'daddy' is distracting.

• Love 6
On 6/3/2019 at 9:57 AM, Mr. Miner said:

If Nicole wants to make some money. She should do a PPV of someone smacking that fucking smirk off of her face. I'd pay at least $19.99 to watch that.

Most of us have said or implied it. She has the most punchable face of anyone except maybe Danielle!