Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

The Belchers set out to save a turkey from a trip to the slaughterhouse, but when a local reporter catches wind of their schemes, the mission becomes more complicated than they had anticipated.

Airs November 18, 2018.

Bob agrees to drive professional quilter Edith around town, after she convinces him to join in a plot for revenge. Meanwhile, the kids attend a lavish "Gatsby"-themed birthday party, and Linda helps Teddy expand his taste palate.

Airs November 11, 2018.

Neighbor: You Make My Seams Come True - Tailoring and Dream Interpretation 

Exterminator: I Can't Go For Rats

Burger of The Day: Focaccia Red Handed Burger(?) I couldn't catch the whole thing, but it was a pun involving focaccia.

Oh man, it took the kids THIS long to be exposed to a toy store?! That's pretty sad. But it makes sense since the family never has the money to indulge.

Man, Bob and Edith was such a great combo, I loved their plot so much, and it got way better once Harold joined in. I love how OF COURSE Mr. Frond is in her quilting group. And Lillian being Sgt. Bosco's grandma from that episode a few years back was a callback I wasn't expecting. Defending the freaks was such a great twist, it was really sweet.

I felt so bad about Colton. Clearly his parents picked out the theme. I loved the name of his imaginary friend "Pete Zeparty."

"There's the quilt thief. The quief!"

"We're all looking for our fireworks dunes, bro."

"Just call me Feather Locklear."

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 6

Foccacia Red-Handed Burger.....Caught cha red-handed. 

Loved the kids in this ep,  and always.   Loved Bob's philosophy coming around to pain in the ass Edith. 

Wanted to eat sushi,  also.  Watch out for the wasabi!!!

• Love 2

Those parents obsessed with creating Instagram moments with their kids were so real, glad that they learned a lesson. "Where do they find all these sand-dune fireworks?!"

Loved Bob getting stuck with Edith, and then coming around to helping her when he saw her patch. Bob really is such a good guy, even when he hates to be sometimes. The patch was really sweet, and I liked how it turned out, and how it tied into the towns history. And Bosco being Lillian's son was a great little plot bump, and him fake arresting everyone was hilarious, and kind of sweet. I love when the show brings back its minor and supporting characters in ways like this. 

Sushi sounds really good right now, but watch out for that wasabi Teddy! Rookie mistake!

• Love 4

I don't know what "I Can't Go For Rats" tickled my funny bone so much.

I liked all three story lines. Edith sure is annoying, but the freaks patch and the story were very sweet. Frond's living room was ... interesting. All the craft stuff, and snow globes! I assume he collects them, not makes them.

I wish Edith's purchase of batteries at the store had something to do with her "quiefing." Or to put it another way, I wish Bob had overheard her purchasing something that later related to the quilt patch thefts.

• Love 4
On 11/12/2018 at 1:11 PM, bad things are bad said:

Loved, LOVED the bit during the credits with Bob and Edith rocking out to Radar Love! One of my favorite driving-crank-up-the-radio songs! 

I loved this too. Especially when Edith started air drumming!

• Love 7

I’m rewatching some of my favorite episodes and I just realized the dance teacher’s son is called “Flipz White Fudge” . . . like the pretzel snack. ? I thought they just came up with a generic-sounding, poser-ish “hip-hop” name, but for some reason it just hit me that he’s so lame, he named himself after a variety of chocolate-covered pretzels.

A7DB5FF0-D7F5-4C4B-A5E4-2034B74A0A79.jpeg

• Love 3
On 11/15/2018 at 9:23 AM, Enigma X said:

I don't think they ever need a Teddy plot, but here we are.

For some reason, the writers think Teddy's psychopathic outbursts and inappropriate comments are funny, so that's why they keep foisting him on the viewers.

• Love 1

The show uses outbursts for comedy with most of the main characters, I wouldn’t characterize Teddy’s as more psychopathic than any of the others. They all lose their cool and they all make inappropriate comments.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ganesh said:

He was actually good when he sat for the kids. I wish they focused more on that. 

Yes, for the most part, he was good with the kids. 

1 hour ago, link417 said:

The show uses outbursts for comedy with most of the main characters, I wouldn’t characterize Teddy’s as more psychopathic than any of the others. They all lose their cool and they all make inappropriate comments.

I don't think Teddy's outbutsts are comedy. They're too emotional and the violence is implicit in them.

• Love 1

Neighbor: Plymouth Jock

Old Time Athletic Wear

Exterminator: To Kill A Shocking Bug

Will Bob finally pull off a normal Thanksgiving? Didn't look likely, but he managed to do it! He got the brine, the cranberries, even the toast (delivered by Louise). Bob looked so happy in that cranberry bog.

Paul F Tompkins makes a perfect scuzzy Deputy Mayor. I'm with Linda, I was looking forward to finally seeing the mayor.

I liked that Linda got over her turkey trauma, and that it seemed to have transferred to Louise. She was awesome, it was great that she also talked to turkeys like Bob. I also loved that she took everyone back to the farm where we saw the two-butted goat.

"Ugh, you LOVE going home." Gene was, again, killer with the one liners. We even got a shout out to Ken. We get so many weird snippets of this relationship with someone who might not even be real, it's so good.

• Love 3

Have we met Marsha and the deputy mayor before?  I do remember the farmer.

I loved the way the turkey let out that kind of frantic 'gobble' as the car spiraled down the off-ramp!

A couple of good lines:

Gene: 'Maybe she said cider house.  That place rules!'  (LOL)

Tina: 'Here comes Marsha!     Marsha! Marsha! Marsha!'

Edited by BooksRule
  • Love 7

This was a little wacky even for this show. Bob gets to complete crimes behind the wheel two weeks in a row though. I did like that it was family centered. 

I didn't like that they basically forced Bob into an accident almost though. I take Bob's point about it being important to show them that people have to keep their word, but I wish it didn't take him so long to get there because it was bordering on ridiculous here and there. 

The shot of the four of them casing the car was hilarious though. 

I suppose that they got to eat for once was good. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BooksRule said:

Gene: 'Maybe she said cider house.  That place rules!'  (LOL)

Username checks out, LOL. I liked that line too!

Linda: “She’s gonna kill us! She’s gonna kill us to cover it all up! That’s what I would do!”

Nice callback to the two-butted goat. Whoa at that heroism by Louise! She really connected with Drew P. Neck. 

I’m with Tina, I like the pattern the can makes on cranberry sauce. 

C2EF3BB9-A32A-4F55-8DF9-768050D212AD.jpeg

• Love 10

It's not a Bob's Burgers Thanksgiving episode without a song from Linda.

I love Bob's obsession with fresh cranberry sauce over canned. I also like the can pattern. lol And him freaking out in the bog, "They're so fresh!" LMAO.

So many good lines.

Thanksgiving is my holiday, can't wait for Thursday.

• Love 7

Awwww Bob finally got his cranberry souse, and a full Thanksgiving dinner! "They're so fresh!!!"

Loved Paul F. Tompkins as the deputy Mayor, I hope he shows up again. I guess he didnt have the pull at the paper that he thought he did. 

I always love the Thanksgiving episodes, and it was great to have the whole family together, with Bob as the ignored voice of reason who still gets into the families latest shenanigans anyway. "Words have meaning, but ok".  

• Love 4

Loved the scenery in this one.  Even before the forest, which was beautiful, the scene around city hall or wherever the pardoning was happening was great.  I love Louise, she is fierce!  Taking on a couple of coyotes, no big deal for her! Great quotes, lovely scenery, the kids sticking together (pinch attack!) to do the right thing, great episode. 

• Love 2
On 11/21/2018 at 12:32 PM, bad things are bad said:

Definitely appreciate the Linda song but it didn't approach the genius of Kill the Turkey (everybody's thankin' you)

I'm still partial to "Sailors in Your Mouth", especially the cover by The National.

Speaking of which, they just covered Save The Bird.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Speaking of which, they just covered Save The Bird.

I wish the cover had worked in the “Don’t you taint my mayor!” line from the original song. (Unless it was there and I just missed it.)

• Love 2
On 11/11/2018 at 8:54 PM, Galileo908 said:

"There's the quilt thief. The quief!"

In case there are some who might not know the definition of 'queef', you can read about it here, in the Urban Dictionary.  It makes the whole thing even funnier, especially when Bob tells them to stop saying that word.  *Warning, click at your own risk*

On 11/18/2018 at 7:22 PM, SmithW6079 said:

Yes, for the most part, he was good with the kids. 

I don't think Teddy's outbutsts are comedy. They're too emotional and the violence is implicit in them.

Teddy always reminded me a bit of Lennie from Of Mice and Men.  I'm always afraid he'll want to pet a rabbit or a puppy.

Neighbor: There Yacht-a Be A Law

Maritime Lawyers 

Exterminator: Sense And Sensi-kill-a-Flea(?)

Burger(s) of The Day: The Frankie Goes To Hollandaise Burger, The Fifty Glaze To Eat Your Burger, The Throw Your Hands In The Heirloom Burger

It was good to see Thomas Middleditch on my TV again (that didn't involve a Verizon commercial). Really, it's good to see Gene with an actual friend, and I know the the feeling of losing your one friend to someone you're not too fond of. Sure, Gene's been down that road with Courtney, but not Alex. I liked that Gene ultimately did the right thing in the end.

I ended up liking the woman in the car plot. I figured that she had SOME kind of anxiety problem, agoraphobia really made sense. People like Linda and Teddy would be too much for her.

• Love 2

THIS SHOW IS SO SWEET AND KINDHEARTED. *sobs* I mean, usually they're more subtle, but there's something about a Gene episode that makes it very natural, since he's really such a nice boy. And you can see where he gets it from his dad.

Doug getting a Mom to come after him blood is never not funny (Work Hard or Die Trying Girl has one of my favorite dialogue exchanges ever, with Bob explaining that he had to push Doug out of the way because Linda was after him and she was crazy, and Linda agreeing completely), and as far as I'm concerned, this pretty much redeemed Mrs. Papasian for me after her whole hypocritical ice cream eating thing.

• Love 6

Only on Bob's Burgers do adults show up at your house to talk to your kids.

The plot with the woman was funny - even with Teddy - 'ghost car'. What if the lady in the glasses hits me? And then Linda is all "Hiiiiii!!!!"

If Teddy had some kind of ptsd, then I could buy his ranting better. 

I hope the game makes a reappearance. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 1

Wasn't Doug Wheeler's championship flashback supposed to take place in 1984? As a figure skating fan, I noted he and his partner were dressed as Brian Boitano and Brian Orser (so clever, Bob's Burgers!), but that Olympics took place in 1988!

• Love 2

Awwww, Bob and company were so happy to help the agoraphobic lady! That was so adorable, I liked how the subplot ended. 

Love seeing Doug and his weird intensity. Its nice to see Gene have a friend, beyond the kids general bunch of friends, and I liked how things ended. I was even happy that Courtney ended up playing their silly wizard game with them. "You've been cuuuuuursed!" 

"Thats not really whats happening, this isnt a kidnapping thing. Keep walking."

• Love 6
5 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Awwww, Bob and company were so happy to help the agoraphobic lady! That was so adorable, I liked how the subplot ended. 

Love seeing Doug and his weird intensity. Its nice to see Gene have a friend, beyond the kids general bunch of friends, and I liked how things ended. I was even happy that Courtney ended up playing their silly wizard game with them. "You've been cuuuuuursed!" 

"Thats not really whats happening, this isnt a kidnapping thing. Keep walking."

I died when Linda first greeted agoraphobic lady with her frantic waving. Then, when Linda and Teddy trying to restrain themselves the second time she came in. 

I don't know if it's David Wain's voicework, but I just love Courtney. She's always so enthusiastic about creative endeavors. Doug may think he knows best, but she has her own artistic vision. 

• Love 5

I loved that Heart song.

I liked the accuracy of the carpet at the skating ring -- loud, colorful, and tacky. And I'm so glad Gene decided not to give his friend diarrhea. Their robot/wizard game looked kinda fun.

The story with the agoraphobic lady was nice. Glad things worked out for everyone.

"The rink smells like feet. You make me complete."

• Love 6
16 hours ago, allicatexp said:

How is no one talking about the Heart number??? That was inspired. That song is so good it still holds up in a cartoon. I secretly wanted Tina to sing it but I’ll take it.

That was my favorite part.

• Love 1
On 11/26/2018 at 11:08 PM, peeayebee said:

I loved that Heart song.

I liked the accuracy of the carpet at the skating ring -- loud, colorful, and tacky. And I'm so glad Gene decided not to give his friend diarrhea. Their robot/wizard game looked kinda fun.

The story with the agoraphobic lady was nice. Glad things worked out for everyone.

"The rink smells like feet. You make me complete."

LOL, I loved the skating rink carpet too, I remember it being just like that when I was a kid.

I LOVE Heart and I love that song, but Gene’s rendition was underwhelming, and not in a funny way (like Cartman doing “Come Sail Away,” love that version LOL). I did like how he clenched his fists to his chest at the end — I always do that when I sing that song!

• Love 1

Neighbor: You're The Man Now Dog

Suits For Dogs

Exterminator: The Van That Rocks The Beetle

Burger(s) of The Day: The Colby By Your Name Burger. Couldn't make out the second burger, The Figgie Smalls Burger, The Dill Crazy After All These Gruyeres Burger

I loved that Zeke of all people actually had a great idea for a science project (saving the bees!) because he does NOT want to use agave over honey.

"Aww, tiny tents for little runaway rats." A good explanation of why the restaurant is struggling is that Bob makes terrible impulsive purchases like the tiny coat racks. Not to mention all the times Linda is just giving money to Gayle.

Henry just breaking Tina's spirit was just MEAN. But man, Tina NEVER got around to completing the science fair board. That seems out of character for her. It seems like a Gene thing to do. I figured Susimina had a crush on Henry the whole time, and I liked how Henry trying to sabotage her project didn't change her mind at all. I also loved Tina FINALLY kissing Zeke. Like, we know it's the end game, Zeke knows it's the end game, the only question is when. I legit gasped when that happened.

Loved the song at the end.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 4

The tiny coat racks is so this show. It totally killed me. But it worked out in the end because the people standing in the rain went into the restaurant. 

I did like that Tina was excited to meet a new friend. And I liked Teddy being handy and helping out Tina. 

Tammy and Jimmy Jr are the ultimate in stupid. Putting them together was hilarious. 

"Figgie Smalls" burger. Excellent. 

I did like that the kids felt bad about scamming Tina and came clean. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 4