Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

I forgot the particular ep, but didn't Teddy wreck a boat while trying to casually drive past a restaurant on a pier she was eating at?

That was Denise, his ex-wife. She actually worked at that restaurant (her boyfriend owned it).

• Love 2

Maybe "cold-hearted" was the wrong word. Louise's actions almost always start from a point of selfishness and self-interest. Her primary interest in the principal's job was the contraband closet and getting access to it.

(edited)

Yes it was. But in the process of, she found the letterhead and issued memos that were actually good. Prior to even trying at the cabinet, she encouraged the secretary to use the bathroom. She acted out of enlightened self-interest, but that's basically how the world works. I think it's a little more nuanced than just 'selfish Louise learned a lesson.'

They totally need to do an episode of the kids hustling to sell candy bars too. 

She's on the bottom of my character list (better than Teddy), but I don't think the usual trope applies here. 

Edited by ganesh

On a school field trip, the kids visit a marionette theater, where Louise gets on the owner’s bad side. Bob takes pity on a guy handing out flyers outside the restaurant.

Airs March 24, 2019.

Neighbor: Clothes Before Hoes

Gardening Attire

Exterminator: One Squish Two Squish Red Squish Dead Squish

Burger(s) of The Day: I Hate To See You Brie-ve But I Love To Watch You Go Burger (I think? That's what I was able to make out), Murder Kimchi Wrote Burger

I loved burnout Bob. "HI, LESLIE!" had to be the biggest laugh tonight, followed by Teddy drinking the ketchup coffee. Repeatedly. And after that, the bread perv. He seemed like such a season 1 character and I need to see him again.

The Fishoeders really were the best people to help Bob relax. They just do not give a shit, and are rich. That's all they do, and it's perfect. We should really be worried that Bob is a workaholic (he sang a whole song about it), but I really liked seeing him help out Patricia. He's just too pure when it comes to food. We really do need to see Patricia again, we need closure on her and Steve.

So we got another biker baby, and Gene is somehow a father now. (Probably called dibs)

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 6

Linda (talking about the kids): 'But they'll also be the thing you're proudest of.'

Louise: 'We're a damn treat.'

It was just like Bob to resist taking a day off, but I like that he knew that the family did it because they thought it was best for him.   I hope we see Patricia again. 

Edited by BooksRule
  • Love 7

When Bob woke up alone, I noticed the pants lying on the floor next to the bed. I guess he didn't learn from Valentine's day.

Wow I'm surprised "easy beavers" got by the censors. 

I did like Bob walking around just to see more of the town. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 4

I would have enjoyed this episode more if Bob had gotten involved in the  Fishoeders' wacky hijinks, rather than "he's a workaholic who doesn't like to take time off." Mostly because that isn't true. We've seen Bob take plenty of time off to do leisure activities and close the restaurant to do so: wine train; taking the kids to find the love tester; going to the ball game in the afternoon, etc.

• Love 2

"Does it come out riding a tiny motorcycle, I forget." 

The Fishoeders really are the best people to go to for doing nothing productive whatsoever, bored eccentric rich people are amazing at spending a lot of time and money doing nothing whatsoever. 

Its great that Bob loves his work, but he really should take a little time off. Think of the mustard on that burger, Bob! I hope we see Patricia again, I need to know how things went with Steve!

• Love 2

Fishoeder wanted a $1000 buy in for the snail wrestling though. Bob would have to pass on that. He's doesn't have that kind of walking around money.

The sandwich shop was really hopping. I'm wondering where it is in location to Bob's and Jimmy's. It still baffles me why Bob doesn't get more business regularly. 

Also I forgot to add last night. Good call on Linda for making sliders for the party. 

• Love 3

I really liked this episode after being a little underwhelmed for the last couple (not that they were bad, but they were not memorable to me)  Now I'm going to need to try each of these sandwiches.  

• Love 6

I really liked this ep. The two songs were great, though I think I preferred Mr Fishoeder's one. Clever lyrics.

Grover Fishoeder is a great name.

I think my favorite joke was when Steve said one of his fingers was too short, Bob said that's his thumb, then Steve said, "Then what's this?" revealing his thumb/other thumb/something. 

The bit with the bread perv was funny, esp when that real bread perv came down the street like a zombie looking for brains.

• Love 3

Holy cow, bless the person who transcribed the entire sandwich menu. And as someone who loves food, I just read every one and now have to take some notes. (And I'm not even really a sandwich person!)

I loved the menu rap during the end credits.

Does Linda now qualify as a doula?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Neighbor: Pelvis Has Left The Building

Hip Replacement Surgery

Exterminator: Squish Me Baby One More Time

Burger(s) of The Day: The Chevre Little Things She Does Is Magic Burger, The Gorgon-Baby-Gone Burger, The Straight and Marrow Burger (comes with marrow), The All Hot and Collard Burger, The Someone Raclette The Bed Burger 

I liked how Gene and the kids didn't keep the blob a secret from parents, like they did with the toilet. I did like how Gene managed to save the day...and then seeing the blob fill out its role in the circle of life and getting eaten. It was a pretty sweet story.

Nice to see Trev get some development. Sure, being Jimmy Pesto's sidekick seems to be his defining trait, and I like that he doesn't know what to do when Jimmy's gone. Everyone making fun of Bob was funny, if mean. That whole thing with the double peehole will not be leaving my brain for a while.

Rhys Darby's character came back! Yes! "Oh, you mean my leg knobs!" And all people, Sasha got some development, too.

• Love 6

I always like the kid adventures. 

I did also like that they called out on Gene being annoying. He should be old enough to know that banging on the chairs during class is disruptive. 

• Love 6

I was rewatching this episode and noticed that during the end credits, when Bob is dancing in Jimmy Pesto’s underwear while at the grill, you can see the partial tattoo he got in the Equestranauts episode from S04E17. Ace continuity, show!

(Confession: I only remember the season/episode number because it’s one of my favorites and it’s the same as my username, LOL.)

• Love 5
19 hours ago, ganesh said:

I did also like that they called out on Gene being annoying. He should be old enough to know that banging on the chairs during class is disruptive. 

Not reading the synopsis, I thought he was going to end up joining a Stomp show.

I loved Louise, Gene, and Tina just walking past the guy at the yacht club. Twice.

I was not a fan of Tina getting all weird about Trev's ankles. When she rubbed her ankle against his, that was really too creepy.

My sister recently had hip replacement surgery. I'm trying to think how to bring up Pelvis has left the building.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

I was not a fan of Tina getting all weird about Trev's ankles. When she rubbed her ankle against his, that was really too creepy.

Tina is a sexual predator and harasser, but it's played for laughs because she's a girl. Pearls would be clutched left and right if it was a boy engaging in that type of behavior.

• Love 3

"Maybe it was the beauty, and I was the beast."

Really, the whole thing with the blob and the circle of life was weirdly sweet, and I always love a good Gene plot. Though, I am totally with the school/his family/everyone on that banging being super annoying. Loved how the kids just kept walking by the arena guy, and no one even really cared. The hijinks on this show always manage to make their hilariously low stakes so epic.

This show always finds the most interesting ways to use its minor characters, like Trev and even Sasha. 

• Love 5

Neighbor: The Lids Are All Tight

Storage Containers

Exterminator: Dead'Er Done

Burger(s) of The Day: The Ruth Tomater Ginsburger

"Mom says it's egg thirty."
"So we're having eggs?"
"We're not."

So weird to see Ron doing something outside of being a health inspector. Last week we saw Trev getting development, now Ron.

"Who does the same show for thirty years?!"
"Phantom of The Opera. Sorry."

"Les Mis also ran forever."
"Don't forget Cats!"

"Yes! Many musicals!" 
There's also Bob's Burger's time slot neighbor, but you didn't hear it from me...

The animation on the puppets was really spectacular.

• Love 5

I cracked up when they showed Ron the health inspector. Why wouldn't Esther know who Louise was already?

One thing I noticed when Bob was talking to the raver was that you could the ferris wheel. I didn't realize the wharf was so close. You'd think they'd have more business being so close by. 

Poor Rudy with the fog machine!

I liked that the kids were into Dot's beats. And Zeke gets all teared up! 

It is me or is Jimmy getting meaner?

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 3

Linda: *acting like a marionette*

Louise: Well, there’s your beautiful bride, Dad. 

Bob: Ah, you get what you get. 

I love Bob and Louise’s interactions so much. And liked that the marrionette show was so bad it made Bob not only want to stop supporting the arts but to actively work against them. 

• Love 10

This made me think of the Bob Baker Marionette Theatre in Los Angeles. I remember WAAAAAY back in elementary school going to an assembly where we saw a marionette performance of Rumplestiltskin. I was mesmerized by the gold. I've seen wondered if it was the Bob Baker group doing the show.

Loved when Louise (or Loosie) calling the woman "mother-puppeter."

• Love 6

It was wildly inappropriate of Louise to co-opt Jenny’s prayer from Forrest Gump but I laughed my ass off since I’ve been known to do it as well.

I was wondering when we’d get a Ron episode with no Hugo, hoping we get to see more of his life outside of health inspection. LOL at his trying to blend in with the wall to eavesdrop on the kids. Love that he’s another one of their allies!

Dot’s beats were pretty lame but that last one was a certified bop.

• Love 4

I'm pretty sure Esther is entirely new -- Bosco's mom is Lillian, the piano teacher (Miss Mirkins) and her sister are Matilda and Sheila. I can think of half a dozen more women (the Squirrel Artist, Meryl with the pearls, etc) though. I wouldn't be surprised if Esther was a background character in the nursing home or Edith's quilting circle. This show really loves little old ladies.

Edited by PinkRibbons
  • Love 7

I always love seeing Louise's magic fantasyland that she invented. And now it has a new little puppet guy! 

Great seeing Ron pop up, still being helpful and just doing his best. And Zeke getting all emotional! Awww Zeke you softie you!

"It made me want to not only not support the arts, but actually work against them."

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, flyingdi said:

Was Esther the piano teacher inn the soccer episode of is she the art store lady?

19 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

Edith is the art store lady. I thought the puppeteer was the old lady from the nursing home (at least the voice, but it was a different voice actor).

11 hours ago, ganesh said:

She's the policeman's mother. 

9 hours ago, PinkRibbons said:

I'm pretty sure Esther is entirely new -- Bosco's mom is Lillian, the piano teacher (Miss Mirkins) and her sister are Matilda and Sheila. I can think of half a dozen more women (the Squirrel Artist, Meryl with the pearls, etc) though.

“Sooo many old lady names.” — Bob

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)

Neighbor: The Rods Must Be Drapey

Exterminator: Four Non-Bugs

Burger of The Day: The Devil's Avacado-Gate Burger, The Fleetwood Jack Burger (Served with sweet little fries pies, jack cheese)

"Mom and her hot son like sweet potato fries!" I, for one, think they're terrible so I'm right there with Bob. And so not surprised that the Sweet Potato Pies also turned out terrible, and watching Linda and Teddy force themselves to eat them just seemed like karma. Linda yelling into the radio (and Teddy supporting her) just seemed like classic her. Yes, I loved the song about how regular fries are the best.

Clem Clements was voiced by Nick Offerman, but seriously, he used the exact same voice as the guy who owned the bar next to Big Bob's and I thought it was the same character. I appreciate that Bob knows he probably won't get Clem's job back, but went through with his plan anyway.

"Crying baby into sad trombone, are you Mozart?!"

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 6
(edited)
59 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

"Mom and her hot son like sweet potato fries!" I, for one, think they're terrible so I'm right there with Bob.

Yeah, hard pass for me too. 

Louise strikes me as someone who would take to radio.

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Exterminator: Four Non-Bugs

I always hate when I don't get puns. Can someone explain this one?

"Mom and her hot son like sweet potato fries!" I, for one, think they're terrible so I'm right there with Bob. And so not surprised that the Sweet Potato Pies also turned out terrible, and watching Linda and Teddy force themselves to eat them just seemed like karma.

I like them. Some restaurants make them better than others.

I think Linda and Bob actually came to, well, not LIKE the pies, but they couldn't stop eating them even though they didn't particularly like them. In short, I don't think they were forcing themselves to eat them. Maybe it was instantly forgetting that they didn't taste so good, or maybe they just like to eat to the extent that they can't stop themselves even when the food isn't the greatest.

I'm glad Clem ending up getting a job.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

I always hate when I don't get puns. Can someone explain this one?

I think four non-bugs is referencing the 90s all female alternative band 4 Non Blondes.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, cpcathy said:

Every time I get sweet potato fries I wish I'd gotten regular fries.

Me too, but I keep trying to like them. 

Actually, I like crisp ones but they rarely get crisp.