Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: All About Eve

When a jewelry designer is murdered, Lucifer and Chloe strive to solve the case without each other's help. Also, Lucifer reconnects with an old flame.

(edited)

I like Eve. Not sure if I trust her, but it's a fun character.

Linda has the best support team for her angel baby! And I love the idea of Linda and Maze living together.

Edited by Helena Dax
  • Love 7

Okay, with his first love being Eve, I guess I'll allow it. Althought wouldn't it have been much more fun if the Bible was wrong and it was Adam? Oh well...

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Eve as a character is great. The actress is awesome (and gorgeous)  so expressive. Those eyes!

i do like this angle of her being Luci’s first love.  He really downgraded with Chloe lol good that at least for a while he’s back with his awesome ex who accepts all of him  

its a popular plot device but I quite enjoy it most of the time when someone (priest) tries to prevent something (Luci being with his first love thinking it’s Chloe) only creates a situation where it actually happens (pushing Luci and Chloe apart for Eve to enter). 

I’m interested in the prophecy. 

Amenadude, Maze and Linda coparenting a maybe angel? I’d watch a 20+ episodes sitcom like that lol 

• Love 4
On 5/8/2019 at 9:31 PM, Helena Dax said:

I like Eve. Not sure if I trust her, but it's a fun character.

Good that is she likeable. Sweet. Not some vixen, as it seems from the promos.

I think this fits here much better.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, bara007 said:

Good that is she likeable. Sweet. Not some vixen, as it seems from the promos.

I think this fits here much better.

I find her personality matches with Lucci. 

• Love 2

Inbar Lavi is showing herself to be the perfect fit for Eve and I'm really enjoying her chemistry with Tom Ellis.  Honestly, even though I still don't dislike Chloe, I really don't see why Lucifer would be interested in her again.  Unless the show takes the easy way out and has Eve manipulating him or keeping more things from him.  I hope not.

I will definitely be down for a "A Therapist, An Angel, A Demon, and A Baby" sitcom, once Linda gives birth!  Amenadiel and Maze = best support system ever!

While not a big thing, I noticed that Dan's recklessness seem to be slipping out whenever he was questioning the first suspect.  Still have a feeling this new found confidence will actually end up backfiring on him.

• Love 5

Eve made an interesting point when she said:

"People always forget, I didn't choose Adam, I was created for him.  Turns out an arranged existence, kind of takes the spark out of things."

Isn't there a parallel between Eve and Chloe since she was sort of made for Lucifer?  I know there are a ton of people out there who don't like Chloe, but I like her and I like her with Lucifer.  Isn't that the point of the story?  Devil falls in love with a woman who somehow helps ease his tortured existence?  Isn't this all part of HIS plan?  HIS meaning Neil Gaiman. 😉

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I remember Ella having an imaginary friend/Angel at the end of last season, did they drop that story line?

That was actually one of two "extra" episodes Fox ordered last season. The extras are weird because of the way they had to be handled.

For some reason, for two seasons in a row, the network ordered these additional episodes when it was too late to integrate them into the season's arc, meaning the showrunners had to give them more standalone plot lines -- then, the first time (during season 2), Fox compounded the confusion by deciding the episodes would air during the following season, making them even more disconnected from the story's flow.

Then again during season 3, the episodes "Boo Normal" and "Once Upon a Time" were done with the idea that Fox would slip them into the next season -- but then the network canceled Lucifer instead, and aired those two after the real season 3 ender ("Devil of My Word") to burn them off.

THEN came the pickup by Netflix, for a tighter 10-episode season 4. If the show had stayed on Fox, with a 20-or-so-episode season, the showrunners would've had time to adjust the overall plotline around what happens in "Boo Normal" (the episode with "Rayray" aka the Angel Azrael), but with 10 episodes, it was probably best for them to just wave away the events of "Boo Normal" -- especially since the other thing in that episode that fits badly with the show's timeline is that Dan's post-Charlotte bitterness toward Lucifer isn't there.

• Useful 1

Just hold on a second. Red Reddington is the Concierge of Crime. Unless Red is just East Coast CoC. Only then can Bashir be the West Coast CoC. 

22 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

I will definitely be down for a "A Therapist, An Angel, A Demon, and A Baby" sitcom, once Linda gives birth!  Amenadiel and Maze = best support system ever!

Maze attacking the OB was great. Nobody's going to fuck w/ Dr. Linda and Angel Baby so long as Auntie Maze is around. 

Since Amenadude seems to have been human when he got Dr. L. pregnant, would the baby truly be an "Angel Baby" complete w/ wings? Or will he be full human? Or, possibly, he won't acquire his wings until he reaches the age of majority, or has his bar mitzvah. Still, bubble-wrapping the ceiling fan and all the pipes was an inspired solution to the potential problem. 

• Love 6

So far I really like Eve, the actress is really great (such expressive eyes!) and honestly she and Lucifer seem to make more sense together than wet blanket Chloe ever did. She has such a zest for life, and seems so sweet and fun to be around. I still dont know if I fully trust her, but she is certainly a fun character to have around and I like the dynamic between her and Lucifer. I dont hate Chloe, exactly, but its certainly going to be hard to see Lucifer going back to her too quickly, between the whole Hell situation and her just generally being, like I said, a big wet blanket, when Eve is totally cool with his demon side, and seems like a lot more his type. 

I would totally watch a sitcom based around an angel, a therapist, and a demon, and a baby Nephilim makes four! That sounds adorable, and I am super excited for Maze and Linda being roommates. 

• Love 4
On 5/8/2019 at 11:21 PM, vavera4ka said:

its a popular plot device but I quite enjoy it most of the time when someone (priest) tries to prevent something (Luci being with his first love thinking it’s Chloe) only creates a situation where it actually happens (pushing Luci and Chloe apart for Eve to enter). 

The self fulfilling property is one of our oldest dramatic tropes, think Oedipus Rex.

23 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

Since Amenadude seems to have been human when he got Dr. L. pregnant, would the baby truly be an "Angel Baby" complete w/ wings? Or will he be full human? Or, possibly, he won't acquire his wings until he reaches the age of majority, or has his bar mitzvah. Still, bubble-wrapping the ceiling fan and all the pipes was an inspired solution to the potential problem. 

Amenadiel still had super strength and was mostly invulnerable to injury so he wasn't completely human. And knowing that humans and angels mostly self-actualize their fate, there's a lot to suggest that the baby could manifest wings when or if he wants to.

I kind of wish that Linda had dropped a small comment when talking to Chloe that she, Linda, was glad that Lucifer locked his Mother in another dimension because Mom would have been a nightmare and constantly second guessing everything Linda did with the baby. It would have been another way to hit home that Lucifer and family have been a lot more candid and intimate with Linda because she's more open to them. I suspect that's because she's a therapist and less prone to judge. Linda tends to focus on whether the celestial crew's actions are maladaptive for them not if they're "right" or "wrong." 

I just rewatched a couple of season 2 episodes including Monster, the episode where Lucifer shows his devil face to Linda. The show was pretty explicit that Linda took about a week to deal with the reality of the celestial. She was a bit wary of Lucifer, but her questions were largely centered around the mechanics of hell and who was in it. Part of the difference is that Lucifer has been completely candid with Linda. She knows Lucifer is self-absorbed, obnoxious, and insecure, but not evil. She knows how gutted he was when he killed Uriel, but all Chloe knows is that Lucifer's brother died.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I am super excited for Maze and Linda being roommates. 

I wish Maze would have asked Linda first before she just decided to move in. I was thinking that Amenadiel had probably already asked Linda if they could live together. Now that would have been awkward!

On 5/12/2019 at 4:48 PM, HunterHunted said:

The self fulfilling property is one of our oldest dramatic tropes, think Oedipus Rex.

Amenadiel still had super strength and was mostly invulnerable to injury so he wasn't completely human. And knowing that humans and angels mostly self-actualize their fate, there's a lot to suggest that the baby could manifest wings when or if he wants to.

I kind of wish that Linda had dropped a small comment when talking to Chloe that she, Linda, was glad that Lucifer locked his Mother in another dimension because Mom would have been a nightmare and constantly second guessing everything Linda did with the baby. It would have been another way to hit home that Lucifer and family have been a lot more candid and intimate with Linda because she's more open to them. I suspect that's because she's a therapist and less prone to judge. Linda tends to focus on whether the celestial crew's actions are maladaptive for them not if they're "right" or "wrong." 

I just rewatched a couple of season 2 episodes including Monster, the episode where Lucifer shows his devil face to Linda. The show was pretty explicit that Linda took about a week to deal with the reality of the celestial. She was a bit wary of Lucifer, but her questions were largely centered around the mechanics of hell and who was in it. Part of the difference is that Lucifer has been completely candid with Linda. She knows Lucifer is self-absorbed, obnoxious, and insecure, but not evil. She knows how gutted he was when he killed Uriel, but all Chloe knows is that Lucifer's brother died.

I've only watched the first five episodes thus far so I don't know how this will all pan out but you've touched on a couple of the points that have been bothering me. Lucifer really doesn't have the right to be this angry with Chloe for lying to him when he hasn't been completely honest with her about a lot of things.  She doesn't know that "Mom" truly was Lucifer's mother (at least for one season) and what Mom did to Linda and that she (Chloe) was in danger from her too; she doesn't know anything about Uriel's death and why Lucifer killed him (again he was protecting Chloe); she doesn't know that Lucifer died and went back down to Hell to save her life; and most importantly, Chloe doesn't yet know that the reason for Lucifer's invulnerability when she is around him is because she was put here on earth by "Father" via Amenadiel's intercession.  If anyone has the right to flip out, it's Chloe because while Lucifer always tells her that he never lies to her, there's an awful lot of truth that he's withholding from her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

If anyone has the right to flip out, it's Chloe because while Lucifer always tells her that he never lies to her, there's an awful lot of truth that he's withholding from her.

Not telling someone something isn't the same as lying to them. There are lots of things I don't tell people, but that doesn't mean I lied to them about it. He has answered every question she has ever asked.

When was he supposed to have told her all this complete info? If he just volunteered it, she'd eventually have had him committed. She brushed him off every time he said something "odd." 

NOW is the time she should be asking questions (of Amen if not Luci), and boring as she is, she hasn't even thought to do that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Eve feels kind of like a crossbreed between Candy (before the reveal that she was putting on an act) and Abel. It's working pretty well.

I cheered when Maze pointed out that Chloe isn't 'the only human who knows'. Although Linda's busy dealing with her own stuff, she does consider Chloe a friend, and it was a weird omission that Linda didn't reach out once Chloe got back to town; as a friend AND a therapist AND someone who's been through the exact same thing, she should have realized they really needed to talk.

Amenadiel asking about wings on the ultrasound and Linda laughing it off for the OB's sake, hahaha metaphors, then turning to grab him by the collar 'you think he might have WHAT' was gold. Almost as hilarious as Maze's part in that scene.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

If anyone has the right to flip out, it's Chloe because while Lucifer always tells her that he never lies to her, there's an awful lot of truth that he's withholding from her.

He's been up front with her about all sorts of things, including his mom. She just didn't believe him back then. And now that she knows for sure about his face, he told her outright to ask him anything. She didn't do it. That's not his fault. 

Also, she's lied to him outright twice now. Once about the priest situation, and once again here with the "you can have the necklace." He might avoid offering certain info, but she's the one choosing to lie to him. I'd say he's got reason to be angry with her.

I guess I'm party of one on not being sold on Eve just yet. LOL. I'll wait and see what happens with the rest of the episodes, but... after all the Cain triangle bullshit from last season and already seeing a previous triangle with Amenadiel, Maze and Linda, I think I'm romantic triangled out right now. I can't stand the idea of it happening again.

And Eve's voice is so baby-ish, it makes me feel like Lucifer would be robbing the cradle. She may be almost as old as he is at this point, given how long she's been in heaven, but she acts really young, and I don't mean young as in reckless (which of course Lucifer can be too - in that way, they probably are similar creatures). I mean, she seems young, like a kid. That doesn't work for me as someone to be with Lucifer.

But I'll keep watching and see where they go with this. I just don't love it because I'm sick of romantic angles. I think they could have gone another way with Eve. Did she have to be still in love with Lucifer? *sigh

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 3
On 5/8/2019 at 1:57 PM, Miles said:

Okay, with his first love being Eve, I guess I'll allow it. Althought wouldn't it have been much more fun if the Bible was wrong and it was Adam? Oh well...

That would have been great!

• Love 1
On 5/10/2019 at 4:18 PM, AnimeMania said:

I remember Ella having an imaginary friend/Angel at the end of last season, did they drop that story line?

Apparently like a hot potato, thank Dad.

On 5/24/2019 at 5:01 PM, xander874 said:

I like Eve. I don’t trust her. After all, Lucifer killed her son last season so maybe she’s here for revenge. 

That would be really interesting. She made a point of mentioning that she talks to new arrivals in Heaven. Did Charlotte know anything about the nature of that Cain situation as it worked toward a conclusion? Did anyone else who died at the end of last season and would have been likely to head upstairs? (I don't think for a second that Cain ended up in Heaven regardless of his assumption that feeling no guilt over however many bajillion murders he's committed/arranged over the years would get him a free pass.)

(edited)

I was surprised that Eve said she was in heaven. Didn't she defy god? Why would they let her back in? 

Eve seems just chaotic to me rather than having an agenda. And she thinks she can just pick up where they left off. I could see her going nuts and being possessive. 

I really hope the baby doesn't come out with wings! 

I don't blame Lucifer for being pissed either. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, ganesh said:

I was surprised that Eve said she was in heaven. Didn't she defy god? Why would they let her back in? 

Well, she did commit (I believe) the Original Sin, but Hell was pretty empty at this point, at least for humans, so maybe Dad decided to give her a break and let her into The Silver Kingdom. After all, she really didn't have too many role models. Or, given what we've seen of her personality, Heaven was very boring to her. IOW, Heaven was Eve's Hell.

She only said recently that it got boring though. I just don't recall anything in the bible where Eve got redemption. I mean, god specifically said, don't eat the apples, and she ate the apple. That seems like it would warrant punishment. 

Unless, taking Eve away from Lucifer was her punishment. 

• Useful 1
(edited)

Maybe it was a silly joke, but I got a good laugh out of the very beginning when Ella asked where Lucifer was, Dan made that “cut it out” motion by his neck, and Ella misinterpreted the sign as “He was decapitated?!?”

Also got a laugh when Lucifer was at Bashir’s house, and that one henchman posing as the Uber driver expressed surprise that Lucifer was still alive because he shot Lucifer in the face, and Lucifer said, “And I gave you a terrible rating by the way” or something like that.

I thought Chloe trading on a Lucifavor at Bashir’s house was a nice small beat about how they work well together as partners—how Lucifer really is necessary to her success.

Maze calling out Chloe for a being a traitor to Lucifer was the pot calling the kettle black to the tenth power (after everything that went down at the end of last season).  But I still liked that Chloe got called out a bit on the situation.

Eve is chaos, but she’s a good rebound fling in accepting his devil face like that at the end there.  Good episode.

Edited by Peace 47
  • Love 1

I like Chloe, and find her  behaviour perfectly understandable. I also like Linda, and am glad she's more than just a therapist on here. 

I like Eve, so far, and the actress was good on "Imposters". I wish I'd watched this last year, when it first hit Netflix.

I actually didn't like Maze grabbing the doctor. She may be over-protective, but she's been on earth - and around people - long enough to not be that jumpy.