Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E18: Mercedes' Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

It’s horrible that her father raped her. It’s also unimaginable that those two kids sleep with mom in the bed she eats and shits in. And the amount of food she consumed in many, many meals was unbelievable. But she’s walking, that’s good.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

"I'm their only parent."

Uh, what about the dad who comes and takes them to and from school every day?

He's apparently disappeared, like the rest of them.  (She might have eaten him off camera.)

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, cmpbl said:

That's a good idea, give your kids a bunch of ice cream at bedtime. I couldn't imagine having to sleep with her. Why can't she either get a sofa bed or put bunk beds somewhere?

A futon! Something! Its not like there isn't room for it, the place is empty! 

2 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

Apparently the bacteria didn't have as big of an appetite as she does. It didn't seem to eat that much of her flesh.

I actually emitted a small scream when I read this, @Julyolo! You're wicked. I like that in a person. Come sit next to me. I have Neapolitan Joe-Joes.....

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

So, like, as someone who is (somewhat) new to the lactose intolerance side of life, I usually get a little drool at the corner of the mouth when I see real dairy ice cream being consumed but after that? Not tonight. 

Lactaid and other lactose pills are what you need. I have been LI since a teen and normally just avoid dairy, but sometimes the ice cream would get me... I found that I could eat cheap ice cream w/o too much problem, but the high-end stuff would make me sick as a dog.

Not to pat myself on the back, but as a person w/a serious ice cream jones (as in, when I first moved here, I stocked my freezer w/cartons of ice cream because I was afraid it would snow and I wouldn't be able to get to the store), I have not had any since the holidays - just eating whips yogurt, which is like ice cream to me, and which I only eat 1 pack w/a meal, instead of a whole pint of Halo Top. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, String Theory said:

Sorry to hear about your kitty @Twopper; my 13 year old cat is in the "pet hospital" right now with pancreatitis - she did a bit better today, but prognosis is very guarded for her. I'm sorry for your loss - since this has started my eating habit has been non-existent or flat out bad.  I too find Milano cookies QUITE therapeutic though.....

This one looks like a train wreck in the making. {{{Hugs to you too}}}}, tough week for our furry pals 😞

Hugs to both of you! (I had a golden retriever who beat pancreatitis twice - sending lots of good health vibes your way...)

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, CringeWatcher said:

Juniors. Our AP exam is 2 weeks away (theirs start Monday) so we are all stressed out.

Hey, me too! But mine is 1 week from tomorrow. Sooooo stressful, I understand the need to snark.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Gbb said:

OMG, those otherworldly grunts when she stands up! It’s like a Yeti mating call. 

Reminds me of Penny's high-pitched: "Neyyuhhhhh"

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

Good idea!  I think I'll say 747 in honor of the plane.

I'll say 737 in honor of the plane..wreck. (That's in poor taste, I know. I'm sorry.)

Gotta keep the kid in his seat because it's not safe otherwise...but it's okay for her to be unrestrained in the back. Okay. (Not that they have much choice, but still. Not the safest ride.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I love you guys, but I just can't with this one. I have photos to edit and a book to read. I'm outta here, maybe will check in before it's over to see what happens.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

When her daughter told her that she was proud of her and smiled, and Mercedes smiled back at her, she looked so pretty. You could see the love there. I'm rooting for you Mercedes!!

• Love 10
1 minute ago, aliya said:

Lactaid and other lactose pills are what you need. I have been LI since a teen and normally just avoid dairy, but sometimes the ice cream would get me... I found that I could eat cheap ice cream w/o too much problem, but the high-end stuff would make me sick as a dog.

I have those. They help - to a point. Like, I don't need to spend the next 12 hours in the bathroom wanting to die but the husband and the cat still give me that Look and abandon me when the gas starts up. Though, honestly, it gets me the couch and the TV to myself so sometimes the Farts O' Doom are worth it. 

• LOL 7
(edited)

I would be very sad about the lack of hunky firemen, but the preview showed a fire truck showing up (hopefully not for something tragic), and so there's hope.    Unless it's a preview for another segment. 

I can't believe they got in the van without help.   At 2 hours per travel day, this could take years to get to Houston.   It's 16 + hours to Houston from Cincinnati.      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
Just now, Jeeves said:

I love you guys, but I just can't with this one. I have photos to edit and a book to read. I'm outta here, maybe will check in before it's over to see what happens.

Thinking the same thing.  This is awful.

2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

A futon! Something! Its not like there isn't room for it, the place is empty! 

I actually emitted a small scream when I read this, @Julyolo! You're wicked. I like that in a person. Come sit next to me. I have Neapolitan Joe-Joes.....

Thanks so much. I'll bring the Reese's Miniatures. I keep them cold in the fridge. Yum!

• Love 2

I'll say 737 in honor of the plane..wreck. (That's in poor taste, I know. I'm sorry.)

Gotta keep the kid in his seat because it's not safe otherwise...but it's okay for her to be unrestrained in the back. Okay. (Not that they have much choice, but still. Not the safest ride.)

Omg you made me snort! Lol!

The piercing in her lip looks like she cut herself shaving and used TP to stop it. I can’t focus on anything else right now. 

• LOL 6

Oooh are we gonna get a ow ma leg!?

Also how late did they leave that theyve only driven a few hours and its already night for a 16 hour drive? Were they planning on driving through the night?

• LOL 2
15 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Not too good.  My elderly kitty died unexpectedly over the weekend, and I am depressed.  Fortunately, I have only emotionally eaten some PF milano cookies and some lime sherbet.

I need this to be either an inspirational story or a complete train wreck to distract me.

It’s not been a good week for our babies!  I am so sorry.

• Love 1

Many questions. First, what is wrong with the cousin? He holds his arms like he's a T-Rex. Second, did she say "Pain pills"? Great, an addict too. Thirds, I must have missed it, but why will it take 8 days to get to Texas from Ohio???

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

8 days on the road? What?

I just checked - it's 16 hrs from Cincin to Houston - and they're going to take 8 days to do it??

• Love 1

The husband was in another room but could hear what was happening.

The husband, when Mercedes started grunting: "Oh, honey. I recommend some Ex Lax. It just ain't healthy to push like that."

• LOL 11

Peeing in the bed is not "using the bathroom." It is literally, peeing in the bed.