Type keyword(s) to search

Galavant In The Media

Tell me if this works! I use an iPod, so it's kind of difficult to copy and paste links, etc. It hardly ever lets me copy and paste what I want :(. Click on the link in Ricky's tweet! Just a very short clip of some of the guest stars appearing on Galavant!

https://twitter.com/gervaistwonks/status/537234800013086721

Official posters:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/11/25/abc-galavant-poster/

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/galavant_poster_reveal_abc_joshua_sasse-2014-11

Edited by HoodlumSheep

I like the changed verse. All the talk about 'you-know-what' crossed the line from 'coy euphemism' into 'what are you, six?' But I'm torn about the other changed line, because while I appreciate them removing the nymphomania reference (nice combination of misusing an actual diagnosis and implying that there's something crazy about women who want sex, there), it was a really good rhyme -- wouldn't surprise me if it was half the reason for the character's name -- and the 'cleavage' line just isn't.

Edited by Tabbyclaw
  • Love 1

With references to Robin Hood: Men in Tights and The Princess Bride, plus several guest appearances on Psych with Timothy Omundson, surely Cary Elwes will be making at least one appearance on this show - I hope.

Edited by Trey

TVLine has a "first impression" write-up of the show.

I'd call it overall positive but not exactly two full thumbs up.

https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/galavant-abc-review-john-stamos-143657681.html

This review is bad, but I think what both of these point to is that this is not a mass audience show.  Its going to appeal to a specific niche audience of which I think I am included.

This guy hates it.  He's unhappy that they don't have the worthy of Oscar nomination songs like from Aladdin, Little Mermaid, etc  He doesn't get that they aren't going for that.  They are rhyming 'adventure' with 'butt-clencher', that is what they are aiming for.  And yes, I laughed.

When he got to the part that said they tried to go for Princess Bride and got Pushing Daisies, I realized that he thinks nothing has any merit unless it generates large ratings.  The shows I've always like are the ones that don't.  Most every show that generates huge ratings is derivative crap, IMO.  So I will likely do with this show what I do with the others.  Enjoy it and watch the ratings and then pray to the TV Gods they air all the episodes.  Its midseason and before sweeps after all.

• Love 3
When he got to the part that said they tried to go for Princess Bride and got Pushing Daisies...

Wait, he thinks getting something like Pushing Daisies is a bad thing? That's the tone I'm hoping it achieves!

• Love 5

Wait, he thinks getting something like Pushing Daisies is a bad thing? That's the tone I'm hoping it achieves!

I miss Pushing Daisies so much :'(. So, Galavant is going to be quirky then (according to this guy)? Doesn't bother me.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 3

The ads for this would have been much less annoying if they had promoted the guest stars up front. Weird Al, John Stamos? They're part of the reasons I'm giving this a chance.

Edited by Trini

The ads for this would have been much less annoying if they had promoted the guest stars up front. Weird Al, John Stamos? They're part of the reasons I'm giving this a chance.

They did promote the Guest Stars up front.  Half the commercials promoting Galavant talked about Guest Stars Galore including John Stamos, Weird Al, Ricky Gervais, Rutger Hauer and Hugh Bonneville.  They even showed clips of all listed guest stars, Weird Al is singing, Hugh Bonneville is fencing, John Stamos is jousting, Ricky Gervais turned a frog into a person and Rutger Hauer is sitting on a thrown...guessing he's a king,

Anthony Head is in the show? I didn't know that, they never mentioned him in the Guest Star List but that's not surprising Buffy was a looooong time ago

He's listed in the finale press release. I had read elsewhere that he was playing a knight, but I'm also not surprised he's not being paraded around as one of the super exciting guest stars. I, however, am excited for his appearance. Giles was my favorite on Buffy, and he played a good Uther on Merlin, even if Uther was the worst.

Weird Al should also be a lot of fun. He fits the show's tone perfectly.

• Love 1

Joshua Sasse was on "The View" this morning.  There wasn't much new in the segment except that he lives in Los Angeles, and he had previous experience with horses (which Mario Cantone, whom I can't stand, tried to make sound dirty).  Rosie O'Donnell kept talking about how good looking he was.

I'm intrigued by the "Congratulations Sid and Isabella" banner in the "Jackass in a Can" clip.  Does a Princess really stoop to get engaged to a squire?  Since it looks like Galavant is pretending to be a squire, perhaps Sid is pretending to be a knight?

Not sure if it's a spoiler it was another promo clip

they're visiting Sid's village. Sid has apparently been lying in his letters home, saying he was a great hero and knight.

Sid/Galavant switch places so Sid doesn't have to fess up

Edited by Morrigan2575

I actually love the show, I wish I could remember when a tv show made me laugh out loud, but this one has.

Maybe it is throwing me back to Monty Python....

I fear for the ratings and especially tonight when 'important' football is on opposite.

Tim Ombundson(sp?) rules

I hope they release this show on DVD. I don't usually buy TV shows on video, but this one I would. Plus, my cable froze for most of the penultimate episode, so I missed Chef and Gwynne's plotting to poison the court. I only managed to catch it on demand.

I hate that we probably won't know one way or another about renewal until May upfronts. No news is usually bad news, right? :-(

I'm going on the assumption it was a limited-run series, like that new Ryan Phillipe series starting on ABC tonight, so there will never be a resolution to the open ended stories.

I'm going on the assumption it was a limited-run series, like that new Ryan Phillipe series starting on ABC tonight, so there will never be a resolution to the open ended stories.

Boo.   :-(

*Hero mode* Take heart my friends! Dan Fogelman had this to say in a recent interview:

Though nothing is official yet, Fogelman says it is likely we’ll see a season two of Galavant.

“I think so, yeah,” Fogelman said. “We don’t have official word yet but we’re hopeful. It looks good. They never tell you until May but all indications are pretty positive.”

I can't imagine he'd say anything unless he had some kind of assurances from the network. So tentative yay?

• Love 7

I'll give a tentative "yay" as well. I think he had also hinted at the possibility of a volume 2 awhile back on twitter i I recall correctly, which when you think about it, the first soundtrack is only missing barely a handful of songs, and I doubt they'd release a volume 2 with only 3 songs on it...so they'd need a second season for more songs.

I will remain optimistic.

The songs missing from the first soundtrack are among the best, too. Hero's Journey, Dance Until you Die, I Love You (As Much As Someone Like Me Can Love Anyone), A Happy Ending for Us, and Secret Mission! ABC missed the boat with this one. I'd have bought the soundtrack if it included my favorite songs, and I'd have bought a DVD if the last two minutes hadn't been so horrible. But I'll probably watch a second season if there is one, because I did enjoy most of it.

I'd have bought a DVD if the last two minutes hadn't been so horrible.

I'll buy the DVD, because the journey up to the last two minutes was fun, but I won't buy the CD if "Hero's Journey" is missing. It was the best song of the show (maybe because it was also the longest, so it had time to build a proper story).

• Love 1