Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E17: Cillas' Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

How y’all doin’ pounders! I’m late to the party but here to remind you to adjust your wigs, tuck a drumstick or taco or triple bacon mushroom melt into a convenient fold or your preferred personal locker, and let’s go! My eating habit consists of not-refried black beans from my instant pot made into crispy chimis in my air fryer. And of course 🍷

looks like this might be a good one since it’s already up to 2 pages. Must go back and read now...

Edited by CringeWatcher
F-ing autocorrect
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I’m distracted and sad. A step-sibling, with whom I was raised, always overweight (but nowhere near a candidate for this show, lol) and not one to take care of her health, is in the hospital after having two strokes. 

So sorry to hear that. *hugs*

• Love 3

Before everyone starts wondering how he got Jessica, remember that she has three girls which could be a deterrent to other men.  I couldn't deal with a lot of step children in the beginning of a relationship.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I'm sick of all these Poundticipants blaming "fast food" for their enormous weights. They HAVE to be eating more than fast food all day long. "Fast food" seems to be the go-to boogeyman of this show. 

Interesting that many occupations of the morbidly obese (500-600#) is either fast food or truck driving...makes sense given the food choices, but still.  Definitely a potential risk factor.

• Love 5

Mom..... yikes! And he got so big that they sent him away? I mean how does that work? When my son broke his elbow and had to have metal plates inserted, we didn't send him away.......and I thought that parents were supposed to do with it whatever they had to do for their children but I guess you just send them away when they become inconvenient. Good to know. This poor guy, it sounds like nobody wanted him. No wonder he was depressed and ate all the time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Well, this guy's back story includes that he had JOBS. This is a good thing. And, yeah, the bar here is low. Sigh.

Also, thanks, everyone for the hugs and support. You rock! 😍

• Love 6

Eating habit is roast beef sandwich. Got a migraine tonight so laying here with an ice pack strapped to my head and talking to my favorite peeps...there was enough to snark last week; I hope this guy does well

• Love 3

Eating habit is roast beef sandwich. Got a migraine tonight so laying here with an ice pack strapped to my head and talking to my favorite peeps...there was enough to snark last week; I hope this guy does well

2 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I'm sick of all these Poundticipants blaming "fast food" for their enormous weights. They HAVE to be eating more than fast food all day long. "Fast food" seems to be the go-to boogeyman of this show. 

I love fast food. I eat it more than I should. I'm 20 pounds underweight. 

It ain't the fast food, people. It's the fact that you order the entire Extra Value Menu in one go for a single meal.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
Just now, elly1517 said:

So sorry. Migraines suck. Try rubbing the areabetween your left hand thumb and forefinger (I’m a fellow sufferer and it sometimes helps)

• Love 1
1 minute ago, elly1517 said:

Oh, I'm sorry about the migraine. I hope it goes away ASAP. 

2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I feel like I missed something, what was wrong with his childhood? Dude should have stuck to the oil fields. I have friends in Alberta who make a huge amount of money working in the oil fields.

He loves money, but he loves crap fast food more. Loser. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

It's also the quantity. When we order pizza for dinner, we get 1 pie for three adults and there are always at least two slices left over. And the toppings are always veggies.

One of the things I did or myself to help things get back under control is giving up all soda, including diet sodas. I haven't had any since December and drink water, unsweetened iced green tea and seltzer. Really does help a lot more than I would have thought.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

She has to bring me food all day because I constantly need it. 

No, no you don't. And she wants to be a nurse?

Some people have very distorted idea of what healthcare professionals should do.  "But I want to help people" (aspiring student words)/"but they didn't do what I wanted" (patient words) - makes me cringe every time.

• Love 5
Just now, Hana Chan said:

It's also the quantity. When we order pizza for dinner, we get 1 pie for three adults and there are always at least two slices left over. And the toppings are always veggies.

One of the things I did or myself to help things get back under control is giving up all soda, including diet sodas. I haven't had any since December and drink water, unsweetened iced green tea and seltzer. Really does help a lot more than I would have thought.

It really does make a difference, cutting out the sodas. I also drink plain water or sparkling plain water. Sometimes I'll put those sugar free drops in it. Just doesn't make sense to waste calories on your DRINK.

• Love 9