Type keyword(s) to search

The Brown Kids

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

As someone who occasionally hires entry level employees Dayton's LinkedIn profile would not impress me at all. It would actually leave me a little suspect.

My guess is many of these titles were basically in name only, without any/many tasks or responsibilities behind them.

My advice to Dayton is to find a resume mentor or Google it. No one would advise him to write what he wrote. Except maybe Robyn and/or Kody.

Resume by Revisionist Robyn. Finding favor by inserting that which does/did not exist.

• LOL 8
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

As someone who occasionally hires entry level employees Dayton's LinkedIn profile would not impress me at all. It would actually leave me a little suspect.

My guess is many of these titles were basically in name only, without any/many tasks or responsibilities behind them.

My advice to Dayton is to find a resume mentor or Google it. No one would advise him to write what he wrote. Except maybe Robyn and/or Kody.

It's a brag sheet.  It would leave me asking and what did x entail?  What were your accomplishments as Y?  What exacts steps would you follow to perform an x,y,z?  I'd want details to pin him down otherwise it's hollow words.  It's all fluff and no substance.

• Like 17
On 5/3/2023 at 1:47 AM, Teafortwo said:

Sounds like David D. is going to end up supporting mama one day.

Prob her long term plan all along. 
Everybody please forgive me if what I say is offensive, I admit I don’t fully understand the range of the autism spectrum, but I swear to me Robin made it out like he was Rain Man level and needed constant supervision to keep out of harms way. Did she get an extra government check for having a child with autism? Was that her excuse not to have a job? Was it all part of the poor pitiful me act when she was trying to win Captain Saveahoe Brown? She made it out like he could not function without her reminding him to breathe and stay out of traffic. 

• Like 16
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)
23 hours ago, Absolom said:

It's a brag sheet.  It would leave me asking and what did x entail?  What were your accomplishments as Y?  What exacts steps would you follow to perform an x,y,z?  I'd want details to pin him down otherwise it's hollow words.  It's all fluff and no substance.

It's a total word salad that signifies absolutely nothing.  I would pitch that in the trash.

Edited by Orcinus orca
  • Like 17
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Everybody please forgive me if what I say is offensive, I admit I don’t fully understand the range of the autism spectrum, but I swear to me Robin made it out like he was Rain Man level and needed constant supervision to keep out of harms way. Did she get an extra government check for having a child with autism? Was that her excuse not to have a job? Was it all part of the poor pitiful me act when she was trying to win Captain Saveahoe Brown? She made it out like he could not function without her reminding him to breathe and stay out of traffic. 

Every case of autism is unique, but from a distance I would have pegged Dayton as more on the Asperger's end. Someone who can navigate life fine, but who has difficulty reading social cues which in turn, 'others' themselves.

In my area there are all kinds of services for the autism community, including obtaining disability payments for your child.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Captain Saveahoe Brown

Love it!!!

I agree, I hadn't thought of it before, but it makes sense that Sobbin's long term plan if all else failed, was to have Day'un support her. (And probably all her "tenders" no matter their age.)

• Like 5
On 5/3/2023 at 11:56 AM, GeeGolly said:

Oh good.  I thought I was being a jerk reading that and going huh ?

• Like 9
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Could be.  If she didn't say he was on the spectrum, I wouldn't have known.  His only issue is his barnacle of a mother.  She is a user so the question about a gov check doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility.  

• Like 10
(edited)

I don't think David/Dayton would have qualified for SSI as a child.  He doesn't appear to be severe enough to meet the disability standard.  He attended regular classes and has been able to attend college on his own.  He's traveled independently.  Those aren't the signs of someone who would have been found disabled by being on the spectrum as a child.

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 5
19 hours ago, Absolom said:

I don't think David/Dayton would have qualified for SSI as a child.  He doesn't appear to be severe enough to meet the disability standard.  He attended regular classes and has been able to attend college on his own.  He's traveled independently.  Those aren't the signs of someone who would have been found disabled by being on the spectrum as a child.

if Robyn could play it up to get a check, you know she did. Yeah, I seriously expected him to be far more severely dependent the way she described him at first. I can also see her all “woe is me” he’s a tween boy hard to motivate and redirect, so difficult, if he didn’t jump at her lazy command. That woman is lazy and dramatic. I’m glad Dayton seems to be thriving as an independent adult and hope he cuts the cord and gets to live his life. He doesn’t have to abandon the family and move to Alaska, but he’s a young adult who needs some space.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

if Robyn could play it up to get a check, you know she did. Yeah, I seriously expected him to be far more severely dependent the way she described him at first. I can also see her all “woe is me” he’s a tween boy hard to motivate and redirect, so difficult, if he didn’t jump at her lazy command. That woman is lazy and dramatic. I’m glad Dayton seems to be thriving as an independent adult and hope he cuts the cord and gets to live his life. He doesn’t have to abandon the family and move to Alaska, but he’s a young adult who needs some space.

I agree. It sometimes easier to play the system with kids. Even with all the testing and examinations, providers rely heavily on the parent's input. We know Robyn is a liar who lies, and we also know what seems typical to most feels monumental to Robyn. So yea, I could see her working the system.

• Like 10

Just chiming in...we can't really judge books by their covers. There are plenty of people on the spectrum that "appear" able to live and work independently. However, what you don't see are the periods in which they might not be able to do so. For example, flares of regression or anxiety can be intermittent but disabling for some. And of course Dayton may be receiving supports along the way that are helpful to achieve academically. However those accommodations  might not translate to the work place. Or he may have deficits in the skills needed to live by himself - get to work, keep a routine, eat nutritiously, sleep regularly et cetera. Certainly there are plenty of people on the spectrum that can do all those things. But in my direct experiences, no two individuals are alike and often the abilities are strong in some areas but weak in others. Also, I'm not denying the possibility that Robyn might be stifling Dayton and impacting his life negatively. However, in my experience, you really just cannot tell what is going on there. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
On 5/4/2023 at 1:29 PM, Absolom said:

I could “get by” by masking during the day and for the most part, people did not see my meltdowns. I also spent time behind closed doors cutting, hitting myself and punching things because neurotypicals expect certain behavioral standards and cannot tolerate anyone who’s different. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 11
  • Applause 1
15 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I could “get by” by masking during the day and for the most part, people did not see my meltdowns. I also spent time behind closed doors cutting, hitting myself and punching things because neurotypicals expect certain behavioral standards and cannot tolerate anyone who’s different. 

I put an applause emoji because you are exactly right. Though I am terribly sorry for the difficulty you've encountered and I too despise the socially constructed society we live in.

• Like 6
44 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

But in my direct experiences, no two individuals are alike and often the abilities are strong in some areas but weak in others. Also, I'm not denying the possibility that Robyn might be stifling Dayton and impacting his life negatively. However, in my experience, you really just cannot tell what is going on there. 

I think we’re dealing with a highly intelligent young man here. One who is capable of managing his own and can structure work or study really well to suit his own needs. I suspect he is perfectly able to look after himself, despite what Robyn thinks. I also think that his main issues are linked to social interactions and communication, which is very typical for autism. And this may definitely cause problems for him along the way.

His resume is a perfect example of how many (not all) people on the spectrum reason: You ask me a question, I’ll answer. You ask me to list facts, I’ll give it to you. What you get is (sometimes brutal) honesty and a very detailed answer with little regard for how it comes across. It’s hard for them to ‘imagine’ how the other person perceives it. In Dayton’s mind, he has merely stated the facts. He probably doesn’t recognise it as bragging because he doesn’t see it that way. (This is simply what I have done so far)

It’s just unfortunate that Robyn seems to be focussed in protecting and shielding him off, rather than teaching him what to do or what not to do. Like several others said; that resume could use some good feedback. Such things will always remain difficult for Dayton, but he is smart, he can learn some things. I’m sure he can improve a little with the right guidance.

• Like 6
(edited)
19 minutes ago, LilyD said:

I think we’re dealing with a highly intelligent young man here. One who is capable of managing his own and can structure work or study really well to suit his own needs. I suspect he is perfectly able to look after himself, despite what Robyn thinks. I also think that his main issues are linked to social interactions and communication, which is very typical for autism. And this may definitely cause problems for him along the way.

His resume is a perfect example of how many (not all) people on the spectrum reason: You ask me a question, I’ll answer. You ask me to list facts, I’ll give it to you. What you get is (sometimes brutal) honesty and a very detailed answer with little regard for how it comes across. It’s hard for them to ‘imagine’ how the other person perceives it. In Dayton’s mind, he has merely stated the facts. He probably doesn’t recognise it as bragging because he doesn’t see it that way. (This is simply what I have done so far)

It’s just unfortunate that Robyn seems to be focussed in protecting and shielding him off, rather than teaching him what to do or what not to do. Like several others said; that resume could use some good feedback. Such things will always remain difficult for Dayton, but he is smart, he can learn some things. I’m sure he can improve a little with the right guidance.

I understand that is your perspective and you could very well be right. But spectrum is the absolute correct word. There is simply no way to tell from the outside looking in. Everyone is different.  My eldest has a genius level IQ, but it has been an incredible struggle teaching him the skills of daily life. His executive function skills are not well developed, he has poor impulse control and he often experiences profound anxiety which will last for weeks. He has lived on his own in college, graduated,  and he has held down a few different jobs. But it is not without tremendous support from me and his father. When he crashes - he comes back home because he literally cannot function during those periods. No one who knows him - would ever guess that his life is such a struggle. As @TurtlePower mentioned, he masks well. Just know that intelligence has nothing to do with being able to fit seamlessly into this artificially constructed world. It can be hard on the individuals and can be hard on the supporting family. I would never judge Robyn in this case. We just do not know their circumstances.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2
(edited)

True we don't. For the record, my mother is far on the spectrum. People know something "is off" with my mom, few know how bad it actually is. The notorious closed doors like you said, I know all about it. 

Therefore, I do not underestimate Dayton's condition if that is what you were thinking. As a child of a mother with such severe issues, I've seen my share of counselors to help me deal with it. One thing they told me was "Don't focus on the things she cannot do, or the things that go wrong. Focus on her strengths and what she can do." 

When I look at Dayton, I see a young man capable of doing an almost impossible combination of 3 different studies. That requires a lot of skills/competences The fact that he manages to pull this off; that he is able to sort it all out, plan it and make it all work, means a lot. He clearly is independent enough to do this (I refuse to believe that Robyn or Kody are organising this for him) I'm not saying life will be easy, nor that he won't have any issues. But I think he is capable of a lot more than he is currently being credited for by his mother.

Edited by LilyD
  • Like 8

When I look at Dayton, I see a young man capable of doing an almost impossible combination of 3 different studies. That requires a lot of skills/competences The fact that he manages to pull this off; that he is able to sort it all out, plan it and make it all work, means a lot. He clearly is independent enough to do this (I refuse to believe that Robyn or Kody are organising this for him) I'm not saying life will be easy, nor that he won't have any issues. But I think he is capable of a lot more than he is currently being credited for by his mother.

Or perhaps the reason that Dayton was able to pull off a combination of three different study areas was that he had a great deal of support at home?

I agree that Robyn is overprotective. We see that in her interactions with all of her children. But I definitely don't think that we see enough of Dayton - nor should we or would we on this show - to truly know what he can or cannot do. Many people felt that he could live completely independently because he was able to travel without Robyn; I don't think the two things are analogous. I think it does take a lot of focus and organizational skill to complete a triple major but that is a completely different skillset than living independently. I don't live with him - I don't know. I certainly don't think we have enough information from the show and social media to know. 

Most of what I would think about Dayton is actually my repackaged opinions about Robyn. It's easy for me to think that Dayton is a stifled young adult who is perfectly capable of living outside his mother's home and detached from her ample apron strings. But all my evidence for that belief comes from what I believe about Robyn and not anything I actually have seen or know about Dayton.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1

Since I don’t know Dayton, I can’t speak for him. However, I would think that giving Dayton the best start in life would have  meant a stable, structured, calm home life…. Which is not the Kody Brown tour.   How many times has Dayton been moved … Wyoming to wherever, to Lehi, to Vegas ( a short stay rental, a longer rental, a purchase) to Flagstaff ( how many homes there?) 

a reality show with producers and a film crew, a new step-dad, 3 new bonus moms, 3 new grandmas, 13 new siblings at one time, and 2 more later.   Leaving Utah  on 3 days notice after moving there a few months earlier.  How many school changes?  And let’s not forget the ‘ he’s not your dad anymore, Kody is your dad … but hey you want to go visit your former dad?’

If Dayton is succeeding, it’s in spite of Robyn rather than because of her 

• Like 10
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Since I don’t know Dayton, I can’t speak for him. However, I would think that giving Dayton the best start in life would have  meant a stable, structured, calm home life…. Which is not the Kody Brown tour.   How many times has Dayton been moved … Wyoming to wherever, to Lehi, to Vegas ( a short stay rental, a longer rental, a purchase) to Flagstaff ( how many homes there?) 

a reality show with producers and a film crew, a new step-dad, 3 new bonus moms, 3 new grandmas, 13 new siblings at one time, and 2 more later.   Leaving Utah  on 3 days notice after moving there a few months earlier.  How many school changes?  And let’s not forget the ‘ he’s not your dad anymore, Kody is your dad … but hey you want to go visit your former dad?’

If Dayton is succeeding, it’s in spite of Robyn rather than because of her 

My "sad face" is for Dayton and not for the content of your insightful post.

• Like 7
On 5/4/2023 at 8:05 AM, RazzleberryPie said:

Dayton/David seems a lot like my son in law.  He has not been formally diagnosed.  But has/had a lot of the signs as a child and adult.  One thing he still does when busy doing something at home is he rocks back and forth.  My daughter said he doesn't even realize he is doing it.  He is always anxious about social situations.  Finds it hard to understand what others are thinking or feeling.  It's hard for him to make friends.  Doesn't do idle chit chat.   But like many others he is a functioning adult, yes my daughter often has to be able to take a call from him when he is at work and needs to talk about something that is happening and she helps to walk him through it.  But he takes care of his own laundry, bills, some things my daughter deals with when it comes to getting the car worked on etc.  He doesn't really like to interact with strangers.  But I feel if he was formally diagnosed and could get therapy to help him cope with those things, it might be a little better for him.  I feel like Dayton is probably on the same level as my SIL, Educated and capable of doing most things for themselves.

I'm no expert, but this is just from my observations.

• Like 5
  • Useful 5
(edited)

For about a year I worked with adults on the Aspie end of the spectrum. One worked but outside of his job he was a mess. Disorganized, a hoarder, ate 'meals' from the local convenience store, would buy new clothes rather than deal with a washing machine. His job was a challenging job, but very structured and he thrived at work.

Another had a very unique (artsy-ish) job, yet his work place was an OSHA nightmare. He could only focus on one thing at a time without some nudging and direction. He was married and he wife seemed Aspie-ish as well. They did not do each other any favors getting by in the world.

Another was a women who had mini and major meltdowns without enough time to process any minor or major changes. Super smart, great personality, but the world did not move at her speed, so I was helping her transition from home to group housing.

This is just 3 examples of my many clients that year. Many folks on the Asperger end don't stand out - unless you spend significant time with them.

I have no idea what's going on with Dayton, but I do believe, at the very least, his environment has arrested his development.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 2
  • Useful 13
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Graduation was yesterday. In the actual program he’s listed as David Dayton Brown.

Hope Robyn made it, it was scheduled for 10a!

462B3573-9FE9-49DA-ADF4-CBDC1348337A.jpeg

She probably slept in the bleacher seats to

A) ensure she would be on time and

B) that she would have the best possible view.

• LOL 10
2 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Congrats to Dayton! I hope graduating with that skill set gives him wings.

Was that reference to Robyn's old twitter handle intentional? (Luvgvsuwngs lol)

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
(edited)

The internet lists Dayton’s official names as David Preston (the fandom) orDavid Dayton on several other sites, don’t know which one is accurate. An old Reddit thread claimed that Kody and Robyn decided to change his name from David to Dayton upon entering the Brown family in yet another attempt to erase Robyn’s past. Apparently his siblings and friends have always called him David and Dayton never stuck. He obviously prefers David himself.
Don’t know if the rumor holds any truth but it would certainly fit Robyn’s nasty attempts to rewrite history. 

Edited by LilyD
Changed side to sites
  • Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
(edited)
10 minutes ago, LilyD said:

don’t know which one is accurate.

I’m going with the school program listing him as David Dayton Brown, and referring to himself as David D. Brown on LinkedIn as being accurate.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 6
  • Useful 3
On 5/16/2023 at 3:30 AM, ginger90 said:

Art sent by Audrey.

3DD0A810-20EF-4566-98D2-DF149C979768.jpeg

Beaury is in the eye of the beholder, which is very true when it comes to art. People love something or hate it. I’m sure there are people who like these pieces of work but personally, I’d expect a lot more from someone who calls themselves a designer and digital illustrator. 
From a technical point of view, it’s nothing special and it’s something my high school students could have produced for their art classes. 

• Like 12

I have to wonder if the LGBT U-Haul is a play on the old (*not PC) joke that partners come with baggage and lesbians come with U-Hauls.

*Absolutely no offense intended to anyone.

• Like 10
(edited)

40 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I have to wonder if the LGBT U-Haul is a play on

Oh, I never heard of that.  I Thought she drew the U-Haul because Gwen is  a Brown and they pretty much have all the U-hauls in America rented 🤭

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Like 2
  • LOL 10
On 5/17/2023 at 4:38 PM, LilyD said:

Beaury is in the eye of the beholder, which is very true when it comes to art. People love something or hate it. I’m sure there are people who like these pieces of work but personally, I’d expect a lot more from someone who calls themselves a designer and digital illustrator. 
From a technical point of view, it’s nothing special and it’s something my high school students could have produced for their art classes. 

I thought the same thing when I saw some of Audrey’s artwork on her IG page a long time ago.  It reminded me of stuff I drew in middle school.  Like you said, art is very subjective, but I was surprised at how basic it looked.  Perhaps that is the aesthetic she is going for, but it’s not my taste.

• Like 10
On 5/16/2023 at 10:31 AM, Art Of Noiz said:

I could go town with variations of his name. Kodrine, KodyEtta, KoDell

Kodina, Kodinella, Kodita, Kodinetta, Kodydoody...I could go on but I'll spare y'all...

• Applause 1
  • LOL 6
4 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Gosh, what if Leon and Audrey have a girl child? Definitely name her after Kody!! Kodleon. Kleo AudWinn.

Koudrey? (with an o instead of an a of course) Would be the perfect mix of two names.

Geegolly's Kodobyn was hysterical! I'm sure that's the name of Robyn's spirit baby...

• Like 1
  • LOL 6