Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5: Speculation

• Start Topic

There were some set interviews that showed Stannis, and IIRC Ramsay too, covered in blood. Before 5x09 aired I thought those might be from Ramsay's raid, but could they be injured in the actual TWOW battle in 5x10? There was a quote that season 5 won't spoil TWOW, but obviously Shireen's death, whatever form it eventually takes, is TWOW material. But then there's also Sophie's quote about having an ambiguous ending, which suggests a Winterfell cliffhanger of some sort.

• Love 1

So, next episode...

Olly (all that foreshadowing) and Thorne stab Jon. Brienne stabs Stannis. Melisandre will be all like "Lord of light, shine your light upon him...." but it's Jon who wakes up?

It's not going to be much of a cliffhanger. It'll be very obvious whether or not Kit Harrington is filming next season. I don't think Jon's "death" is any more shocking than when Sam or Dean die on Supernatural. Everyone knows it won't count.

Well, sure, if you follow media for the show. Not everyone does.

So for the Finale we probably have the following scenes -

Dany will meet the Dothraki (book 5)
Arya will kill Trant (version of Mercy Chapter from book 6)
Jon will probably get stabbed (Book 5) may come back from the dead (book 6)
Cersei will do her walk (book 5)
Stannis will probably attack Winterfell (Book 6)
Sansa (who knows)
Jaime (probably just a scene leaving Dorne)
Doran (Probably tells his real plan to Elleria and Sand Snakes (Book 5)
Varys (could appear in KL and do his killings)(Book 5)
Tyrion/Jorah (taking over Barristans role)(Book 5)
Someone (Daario??) will do a Quentyn and release the Dragons.(Book 5)

Brienne (like Sansa who knows but I wouldn't be surprised if she and Pod were captured by either Ramsay or Stannis and about to be executed)(book 4)

So, next episode...

Olly (all that foreshadowing) and Thorne stab Jon. Brienne stabs Stannis. Melisandre will be all like "Lord of light, shine your light upon him...." but it's Jon who wakes up?

Sounds plausible. 

From the trailer it *looks* like Sansa may be making another escape attempt too. 

They've mentioned that Kevan is in KL though so I think we can count on the character appearing. Pycelle probably will too although he hasn't done much this season for people to necessarily feel shockwaves over his death. 

When I consider the list of things that are likely to occur in the episode I can't say that there's all that much I'm looking forward to seeing apart from the appearance of Varys and the resurrection of Jon assuming that the latter happens. I'm curious about Doran's real plan too. I think my mind will be blown if people were right about Trystane actually being Aegon and Myrcella being given some of Arianne's role. 

• Love 1

Sounds plausible. 

From the trailer it *looks* like Sansa may be making another escape attempt too. 

I wont be surprised if Sansa is asking Brienne and Pod to find her brothers while she stays and reclaims Winterfell so that if they do find them alive her younger siblings (including Arya because why wouldn't Brienne tell Sansa about her) will know it's safe to come home. 

• Love 1
(edited)

No Littlefinger in the final ep? I don't see Aidan Gillen in the IMDb cast list for the episode. Maybe I'm missing something? 

Edited by LightKo

No Littlefinger in the final ep? I don't see Aidan Gillen in the IMDb cast list for the episode. Maybe I'm missing something? 

IMDB is not a reliable source for information especially for the cast. It uses speculation, news, whatnot and can be edited by anyone.

He probably will show up though or not.

I've thought a cool way to end Season 5 would be for Bran to show up.  That's not based on any rumors and I'm positive it won't happen.  But I think that would be cool if it did happen.

• Love 3

They could have Brienne rescue Sansa and Theon too, giving Ramsay impetus to demand them back. I would really like some sort of real trigger for Jon to want to go to Winterfell right now that I don't think he has just yet.

I wonder if Arya will go blind by the end of the episode?

I really hope not.  I thought Arya's adventures in Braavos were somewhat interesting in the books, but ultimately involved a lot of wheel-spinning.  Plus they've already mooshed a lot of her stuff into this season:

1.  Tedious chapter being a servant in the HBW, ending with her ridding herself of (almost all) worldly possessions -- done.

2.  Tiresome chapter(s) as Cat of the Canals, selling seafood, ending with killing Daeron the absconded NW guy -- mostly done, substitute Meryn Trant for Daeron.

3.  Endless chapter as Beth the Blind Girl, ending with hitting the Kindly Man.  Skipped so far

4.  Cat of the Canals stalking the Insurance Underwriter, followed by Ugly Girl killing him.  Mostly done, though she hasn't / might not kill the Thin Man.

Becoming Beth the Blind Girl seems like a step backwards.  I think her season long arc in Braavos has been poorly received; for me, it's right up there with Dany's sojourn in Qarth in the "meh" category.  If they set her up for spending part or all of next season there, I'll be folding laundry during her scenes.  I'd really prefer if she'd get her butt to Westeros and start ... well, anything.

• Love 2
(edited)

They could have Brienne rescue Sansa and Theon too, giving Ramsay impetus to demand them back. I would really like some sort of real trigger for Jon to want to go to Winterfell right now that I don't think he has just yet.

I think the show might only use the NW distate for Jon's decision to make peace with the Wildlings as a trigger for the stabbing, and nothing more

Edited by WearyTraveler

I think that we might get a second part of Cersei's flashback in the finale. Again, they're finally doing a flashback and it's for that one scene? Surely there has to be more to it, right? 

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh my word, I just realize that we didn't see Kevin in KL yet.  I'm going to guess they save his killing for season six then.

They've mentioned his name a ton though. I think we'll get his death in the finale.

More than just the name drops though, it makes more financial sense to kill in the finale instead of in the next premiere. Because then you don't have to get them to come back or sign another deal or whatever.

Edited by Maximum Taco

They've mentioned his name a ton though. I think we'll get his death in the finale.

More than just the name drops though, it makes more financial sense to kill in the finale instead of in the next premiere. Because then you don't have to get them to come back or sign another deal or whatever.

I wouldn't put it past them, but honestly his death wouldn't make as much sense until he gets to do some good.  In the books he was stabilizing the realm and strengthening Tommen's crown. If he hasn't done that (and it certainly doesn't seem like he has yet), it seems like there are better targets to create chaos (like Ollena - can you imagine what would happen to House Tywell without her?!?!?).

• Love 1

House Tyrell would be dead in the water.  Mace is a buffoon, Loras is an idiot and TV Margaery isn't half as clever as she thinks she is.  Killing Olenna would come across as more of a big shock to be sure.

• Love 2

Olly (all that foreshadowing) and Thorne stab Jon.

I don't think Thorne will be in on the stabbing.  He's too much of a rule-follower.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see him punish the mutineers afterward, even though he will be happy to see the last of Jon.

• Love 3

The cynic in me has decided that Jon will be stabbed and his fate left a cliff hanger. Why? Cause if they reveal his fate in the episode, there goes all those potential book sales from the readers desperate to know his fate. This of course assumes that GRRM plans to release WoW before Season 6. If that does happen, suddenly you will get TV viewers also snapping up the book to find out how the fate of their beloved TV character. While there have been moments revealed from Book 6 (eg Shireen's death) as a whole the new bits aren't anything major in terms of the big picture plot. Tyrion meeting Dany didn't actually progress either's plot beyond Book 5, Sansa's plot has revealed nothing from Book 6. To me this season has all been about stalling so Martin can release Book 6 witrhout giving the big stuff away. Perhaps they feel obliged to help Martin out because of the success, but unfortunately for Martin, there is no where they can stall spoilers from Book 7 until his book is published.

• Love 3

I really doubt they care about Martin's book sales.  Their deal is with HBO, and HBO cares about revenue for the show they are pouring all the money into making, not whether GRRM sells a few more books.   HBO didn't stop GRRM from finishing his next book(s) before the show caught up with the previous books.  It's really not their problem.

• Love 5
(edited)

I don't think Thorne will be in on the stabbing.  He's too much of a rule-follower.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see him punish the mutineers afterward, even though he will be happy to see the last of Jon.

I'm actually really curious to see which way Thorne goes in the finale. I think it's a credit to what they've done with that character on the show that I could see him going either way and it would be believable to me.

Edited by AshleyN
  • Love 6

I wouldn't put it past them, but honestly his death wouldn't make as much sense until he gets to do some good.  In the books he was stabilizing the realm and strengthening Tommen's crown. If he hasn't done that (and it certainly doesn't seem like he has yet), it seems like there are better targets to create chaos (like Ollena - can you imagine what would happen to House Tywell without her?!?!?).

I'd agree, if the show cared at all about making sense.

All they care about is hitting their plot points. Kevan dying is a plot point, and I believe they will hit it, with no regard as to how much sense it makes.

• Love 1

Jessica Henwick:

Forget the naysayers - Jessica Henwick says the Sand Snakes will have a big part to play in the Game of Thrones season 5 finale, which airs next Monday morning.

"What happens with the Sand Snakes is…extreme. Very extreme. So I’m really curious to see how people take it. I don’t know what else I can say!" says Henwick with a laugh. "Episode 10 sets the rest of the show on a very certain path. It’s a big move in Game of Thrones, and the Sand Snakes are a part of it."

Well, at least something happens in Dorne. Allying with Dany would be a big move, but I don't know if I would call it extreme.

(edited)

The cynic in me has decided that Jon will be stabbed and his fate left a cliff hanger.

I dread that since the moment they said they wouldn't go into TWOW territory this season. Honestly, it dampened a lot of my enthusiasm.

Technically, they did go further than the books by confirming several theories (Night's King, Valyrian steel). They imo hinted at other possible development by the changes made in the storyline (Sansa not getting a break, Hizdahr dying and maybe not being the Harpy) and by the characters cut.

But I don't want a cliffhanger. As everyone said, there's the double-edged sword of Jon's death-or-non-death being spoiled by K.Harrington's presence or not on set, and the repercussions. Maybe they'll keep FTW for the beginning of S6, only foreshadowing it (for example, showing Olly and his co-conspirators if there are some approaching Jon with knives, but not stabbing? Although it wouldn't explain the actor's presence onset for several weeks/months) but it seems too juicy for them to ignore. I liked that the show was confident enough to mostly avoid huge cliffhangers in episode 10. I liked that it set up more quietly some storylines and gave a kind of respite/fallout after the emotionally draining episode 9. So I'm still crossing my fingers.

I think the season finale is going to be packed. Aside from FTW, there's: Arya killing Meryn and maybe the fallout, Cersei's walk and maybe Loras/Margaery's fate in KL, the Battle of Winterfell (S.Dillane and I.Rheon all bloody in the interview) and maybe the fallout, including maybe Theon/ Sansa's escape with some Brienne and Pod throw somewhere in the mix (per the preview), plus some big shit going down in Dorne if I believe the Obara actress. And at this point, what interests me the most ? All the "maybe" parts because if they just stick to the ADWD parts, imo the finale is going to be a succession of cliffhangers involving characters' fate as in "survival" and after this season was imo the most traumatic since S3, with less humor, even less levity and the handful of good guys mostly left in deep shit with no silver lining, I don't know if it's a good choice. The only villain to get a comeuppance will be Cersei it seems*, and the Walk is an ambivalent punishment, making some people uncomfortable, unlike Joffrey or Slynt's death that had people elated. Will it be enough of a payoff -and I believe payoff is needed especially after what my lovely Shireen went through? I'm not certain.

Personally, if they go with FTW as a cliffhanger, they should resolve everything else; and if they resolve FTW, I'll be more OK with waiting for everyone else's destiny (even my girl Arya's).

At this point, the storyline I expect to be the shortest is Meereen, with the short scene featuring in the preview plus the one where Dany meets the Khalasar, which actually doesn't bother me -I love Dany and I found her storyline interesting this season, loving it since she got her mojo back with the dragons and even more since Tyrion is in- but I don't feel as much a sense of urgency here.

Of course, I would love and cheer if she met the Khalasar in the first scene, and since distances and time of travel are quite elastic notions especially this season, got back to Meereen with it in tow in the last scene, get her two other sons/Jorah/Tyrion/Missandei/Grey Worm/Daario (the last one, if she has to) and leave direction Westeros; mirroring Arya leaving for Essos at the end of S4. But I can wait for next season.

*Edit: And Trant, but the repercussions for Arya (blinded/kicked out/killed?) might overshadow it.

Edited by Happy Harpy

Is anybody else anxious about Myrcella's fate for episode 10? If the Sand Snakes are being given something to do and I'm thinking about Cersei's line where she's says they hurt little girls everywhere...they're such jokes at this point that it seems almost fitting for them to become the new Dorkstars. 

OTOH what if they just fast forward to Myrcella's death and then we get Cersei on her walk thinking about that prophecy? 

The only thing about Myrcella dying is that Jaime would feel responsible and probably have even less of a reason to turn on Cersei so something has to help them get to the stage where Jaime is crumpling away an urgent letter from her. 

They did bring up the whole necklace thing again. If Cersei was behind that though then which character would be able to verify that to Jaime where he'd have cause to believe them? 

Wasn't there speculation that Yara was going to appear in the finale?

• Love 1
(edited)

Is anybody else anxious about Myrcella's fate for episode 10?

Yes, and I'm worried for Bronn and Jaime all over again on top of it. Sigh.

For the necklace, Doran and Ellaria's glance at each other when it was mentioned made me think she's the one who stole it. Which finds me at loss re:How will Jaime will abandon Cersei. If she has nothing to do with it (unless she's in cahoots with Ellaria which is hard to believe) and something happens to Myrcella in Ep.10, it would be a reason for Cersei to resent Jaime, because she'd consider that his failure cost their daughter her life. Not the other way around.

I'm certain there's sense somewhere in the Dorne storyline, especially since they kept it in spite of departing from the books more, but I hope it will start to appear in the finale because a full season of exposition with no payoff whatsoever will be annoying.

There was speculation that Yara was in episode 9, and also a couple of others before, IIRC (based on Imdb?). I begin to think that she's sitting on the bench with Bran or rowing with Gendry.

Edited by Happy Harpy

Do we need to spend a lot of time with Kevan though?  In the book we're only told in the epilogue about everything he intends to do to fix the realm and the alliance with House Tyrell.    Couldn't we just have a scene where he matches off against Olenna Tyrell and she leaves with a HUGE advantage and than he proceeds to a dinner with an outwardly contrite Cersei before getting the message from Pycelle.

As for the fate of Myrcella, maybe she's disfigured in Episode 10, when everything is supposedly resolved.   I do feel like she'll die in Kings Landing not on the road or IN Dorne.  I could see the Sand Snakes disfiguring her but letting her live.  But GRRM said the Sand Snakes have things to do and will be a big part of the Kings Landing set in TWOW.  If they disfigure Myrcella they can't go parading to Kings Landing, they'd face a hostile reception to say the least.   Curious what will happen with them as I like the Sand Snakes in the books, the show version hasn't been ideal.

Crowns might be a reference to hair color.

This reminds me of how Joffrey didn't have a golden shroud. I was sort of hoping for the silent sisters to have placed one over Joffrey's body only to have Cersei freak out upon seeing it and have her rip it away while saying that she'd given instructions that they not use a shroud.

He didn't have one in the books because I'm convinced that Maggy's prophecy is a retcon.

• Love 1

The Sand Snakes and Ellaria are pretty expendable at this point. The main characters who likely have to make it back to KL are Jaime, Myrcella, and Trystane.

I agree that Bronn seems like he's in danger and I keep thinking back to the line about Jaime promising him a bigger castle or whatever it was and I feel like he might die trying to protect Myrcella or Jaime.

I can also see Ellaria being ready to risk everything and die. She claims that she doesn't hold Myrcella responsible for Oberyn's death but she didn't have a problem unfairly wanting Myrcella to suffer the consequences of Oberyn's choices until Doran made it clear to her that he'd kill her if she didn't stop causing trouble. I don't really understand her chat with Jaime on any level. If she and the Snakes are going to attack Jaime & co as they leave what was the point? Does she think their guard will be down now? Is she feeling weirdly apologetic because she knows in her heart that the people who are responsible for the murder of Elia and her children are dead and that the remaining Lannisters had nothing to do with Oberyn's choice?

Maybe she was being ironic? Sort of like, "My paramour's sister and her children didn't have anything to do with the fight, either...they weren't responsible. Yet they died all the same."

I really don't know.

I actually feel like Ellaria's outlook is understandable in universe.  To the outside it must look like House Lannister ALWAYS wins and never suffers.   They hold the Iron Throne, I'm not sure if anyone is aware of their "money troubles" outside of their in-law relations.   Ellaria has probably heard the anti-Lannister sentiment for a good portion of her life and losing Oberyn (even though it was his own choice) is probably a bitter pill to swallow.   Than the cherry on top is getting to see Myrcella spinning and promondading around without a care in the world, strolling the gardens like a disney princess waiting  for her impending marriage that will make her the Lady of Sunspear and All of Dorne.   In all honesty it would make me want to scream to.

• Love 2

The Sand Snakes and Ellaria are pretty expendable at this point. The main characters who likely have to make it back to KL are Jaime, Myrcella, and Trystane.

I agree that Bronn seems like he's in danger and I keep thinking back to the line about Jaime promising him a bigger castle or whatever it was and I feel like he might die trying to protect Myrcella or Jaime.

I can also see Ellaria being ready to risk everything and die. She claims that she doesn't hold Myrcella responsible for Oberyn's death but she didn't have a problem unfairly wanting Myrcella to suffer the consequences of Oberyn's choices until Doran made it clear to her that he'd kill her if she didn't stop causing trouble. I don't really understand her chat with Jaime on any level. If she and the Snakes are going to attack Jaime & co as they leave what was the point? Does she think their guard will be down now? Is she feeling weirdly apologetic because she knows in her heart that the people who are responsible for the murder of Elia and her children are dead and that the remaining Lannisters had nothing to do with Oberyn's choice?

The one thing I did take from her little speech is that she likely DID still hold Cersei responsible for Oberyn's death.  I think it would have been clear to anyone watching that trial that Cersei was setting up the witnesses and she took great delight in Oberyn's death because it would mean the death of Tyrion.  I don't think Ellaria would have missed that.  So I don't think all is well with all the Lannisters, but I do wonder if Doran got some news from KL that he shared with Ellaria between the scene where she kissed his ring and the one where she has that little chat with Jamie. 

Something has to explain that abrupt change of tone. Perhaps finding out that Cersei had loosed the FM on the capital, gotten the queen and herself tossed in prison, and made the king feel so powerless that he was hiding in his room might have been enough to convince her that she got her revenge without even trying.

The mention of the sand snakes doing something extreme in the finale makes me very nervous though.  Could there have been a time jump between episodes 9 and 10?  I thought we heard Jamie's voice talking to Cersei in the previews.  If they are already in KL, I can believe the sand snakes could murder Tommen to put Myrcella and Trystane on the throne together.  That's about the only thing I can see them doing that would set the whole show on a "certain path" especially if I'm right and Trystane equals Aegon.

I really don't understand how they have time for a big sand snakes scene, or half the stuff the finale will definitely have. It doesn't seem like the usual pace unless everyone starts fast walking and talking between battles and assassinations and dragon flying.

• Love 2

I can't imagine what the Sand Snakes will be up to.

I've resigned myself to Jon Snow's stabby cliffhanger ... or possibly worse, depending. All the writing has him on the trail of a Classic Lit Hero: at some point, he's going to have to go to the Underworld, whatever the book's/show's version of that is.

I really hope they don't drag out Dany and the Dothraki.  And I keep wondering how she's going to meet up with Jorah, Tyrion, and the others...

I never even understood that in the book. Dany loses all her Dothraki, then just lucks into another horde of them after vomiting and shitting all over the place while ill? What, did GRRM realise he wanted to show Dothraki fighting Westeros knights after all? But honestly, by that time I was just skim-reading Dany's chapters as quickly as possible, so I may have missed some incredible adroit explanation of why Dany should meet another Dothraki Khalasar, and why they would follow her. Perhaps another marriage for her?

Jon being the resurrected hero is going to amuse me no end, because it's close to being the ultimate fantasy trope, and not at all subverted. And if it's done well, it would prove that there is nothing wrong with fantasy tropes, and those who thumb their noses at the genre, while claiming GRRM is some literary master, will have to sit down and shut up.

• Love 3

I never even understood that in the book. Dany loses all her Dothraki, then just lucks into another horde of them after vomiting and shitting all over the place while ill? What, did GRRM realise he wanted to show Dothraki fighting Westeros knights after all? But honestly, by that time I was just skim-reading Dany's chapters as quickly as possible, so I may have missed some incredible adroit explanation of why Dany should meet another Dothraki Khalasar, and why they would follow her. Perhaps another marriage for her?

I was not a fan of this ending either, but on research and rethink, the Khalassar she encounters is Khal Jhaqao's. He declared himself Khal after Drogo died. He, Mago and other bloodriders raped and killed a slave girl under Dany's protection back in Book One. She swore her vengeance against both of them. I am hoping this means she gets her revenge somehow before rejoining her posse.

I don't remember if it was the Quentyn-stuck-in-Volantis chapter or the Tyrion/Jorah-stuck-in-Volantis chapter or the Aegon/Connington camped outside Volantis chapter (they blur together), but someone mentioned that the Yunkai had sent emmisaries to a bunch of places looking for troops to help overthrow Dany, including someone trying to bring a khalassar down on her.  So it doesn't surprise me that she'd run into Khal Whoever  

The only semi-pausible reason I could see for them to follow her is if they're awed by Drogon, and somehow get it in their heads that he is the Stallion that Mounts the World.  I'm also picturing Dany spending 300+ pages corralling the Dothraki, communing with the Dosh Khaleen, etc.

I imagine that to the Dothraki, Dany will look like the ultimate rider because instead of a horse she rides a freaking dragon.  The Dothraki respect people who ride a horse; I suppose they'll respect a dragon rider even more.

My guess is that she has Drogon burn the Khal (because they will try to fight / kill / take her) and the rest will fall to her feet calling her Khaleesi.  Then they will follow the dragon all the way to Mereen where Victarion's ships will be waiting (in the books, at least).

• Love 2

The mention of the sand snakes doing something extreme in the finale makes me very nervous though.  Could there have been a time jump between episodes 9 and 10?  I thought we heard Jamie's voice talking to Cersei in the previews.  If they are already in KL, I can believe the sand snakes could murder Tommen to put Myrcella and Trystane on the throne together.  That's about the only thing I can see them doing that would set the whole show on a "certain path" especially if I'm right and Trystane equals Aegon.

I really don't understand how they have time for a big sand snakes scene, or half the stuff the finale will definitely have. It doesn't seem like the usual pace unless everyone starts fast walking and talking between battles and assassinations and dragon flying.

Just bury Tommen upright in the ground up to his head.

Then throw a spear at him.

Shouldn't take more than 30 seconds of air time.

• Love 1

I dunno about Dany running into a khalasar, but as to them following her, well for starters they haven't yet, so we don't know how it'll go. But we do know that the Dothraki follow strength, and it doesn't get much stronger than having a dragon who could torch your entire khalasar.

I don't remember if it was the Quentyn-stuck-in-Volantis chapter or the Tyrion/Jorah-stuck-in-Volantis chapter or the Aegon/Connington camped outside Volantis chapter (they blur together), but someone mentioned that the Yunkai had sent emmisaries to a bunch of places looking for troops to help overthrow Dany, including someone trying to bring a khalassar down on her.  So it doesn't surprise me that she'd run into Khal Whoever  

The only semi-pausible reason I could see for them to follow her is if they're awed by Drogon, and somehow get it in their heads that he is the Stallion that Mounts the World.  I'm also picturing Dany spending 300+ pages corralling the Dothraki, communing with the Dosh Khaleen, etc.

Then another hundred pages journeying back to Meereen with them, complete with tortuous descriptions of the terrain and surroundings. And then two hundred pages of her holding meetings in Meereen with all of her advisors and hangers on. Only for her to still decide to do nothing of any note.

Anyway, yeah, I remember nothing about Quentyn other than intense irritation that I had wasted so much of my time reading about a marginally interesting character and his less interesting friends, only for it to all mean absolutely nothing. One of GRRM's funny, funny jokes, perhaps?

• Love 3

Then another hundred pages journeying back to Meereen with them, complete with tortuous descriptions of the terrain and surroundings. And then two hundred pages of her holding meetings in Meereen with all of her advisors and hangers on. Only for her to still decide to do nothing of any note.

Anyway, yeah, I remember nothing about Quentyn other than intense irritation that I had wasted so much of my time reading about a marginally interesting character and his less interesting friends, only for it to all mean absolutely nothing. One of GRRM's funny, funny jokes, perhaps?

LOL I was SO pissed when he died - I just can't explain it.

It's still possible that Cersei set up the whole necklace/death threat thing: She could have had another copy of the necklace made. She made such a point of telling Jaime that there are only two like in the world (honest!), that it stuck in my memory. He would of course think that the necklace was stolen from their daughter.

No because Myrcella said the necklace had been stolen from her room.

Yeah, I'm picturing Dany taking a LOOONG time just to travel back to Meereen.  Nothing worse in the book than when Jorah kidnapped Tyrion and we're treating to a long description of Volantis while the two are on horseback.  World-building hell.

• Love 1