Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5: Speculation

• Start Topic

Why do you think 

Jon's mom would be mentioned before you watched it?

was the original post edited? That post doesn't mention anything about 

Jon's mother

I edited my post after I watched the trailer. Sorry.

I just want to throw in that I think the Unsullied don't get, and the show doesn't care, that Cersei's champion has to be a member of the Kingsguard. So I really don't think the show will care about how many KG there are, if there is an open spot, that Strong needs to join to be champion. It really seems like a waste of screen time to have to bother with all that.

Hell, the show doesn't even show any KG in KL other than....Loras right now?

Given there was a scene in Season 1 where we saw 9 Kingsguard in the Throne Room (not including Jaime) I don't think they do really care.

IIRC Renly mentioned that his Kingsguard was to have 7 members but I don't think they've ever stated on the show that the official Kings Guard consists of 7 Knights.

• Love 1

What has Jaime said or done that makes you think he wants the relationship to work? He got the hell out of KL to save his daughter. He has not said Cersei's name once since.

I see this a lot, Jaime is Cersei's lapdog and I feel like I'm watching a different show. All I see is Jaime being introspective instead of being a douchebag hothead who would kill everyone to be with Cersei. Instead, you know, he chose to leave her after he pointed out to her how vulnerable the Lannister family is.

That's not someone trying to make it work. If he loved her the way he did in S1, since he is the one who has identified the threats in KL, he would have sent someone else to Dorne and stayed to protect her. Hell, he didn't give a fuck about the kids in S1. This is a totally different Jaime who doesn't care nearly as much about Cersei as he used to.

The way I view Jaime on the show in season 4 and 5 is as a character who's trying to return to how everything used to be even though himself and a lot of things has changed. That includes him being a good fighter and him being with Cersei. Even as they're not getting along he still definitely feel that they ought to be together. He told Bronn this season that he wanted to die in the arms of the woman her loves. And I don't think he meant Brienne. He didn't say Cersei's name because he's not willing to discuss the incest with him.

I didn't view his motivation in going to Dorne as motivated by fatherly feelings for Myrcella. Sure he does seem to have a bit more interest for his kids now than before but not that much. He's barely spoken to Tommen since he got back. He's decision for going to Dorne seemed to me as a want to fix things. To make it right. I don't think he anticipated things to go south in KL as fast as they did.

I could see why someone would view it differently but that's how I see it and this is why I would like a scene where Jaime actually accepts things will not be what they used to be and we'll see what he does then.

• Love 1
(edited)

Jaime stood with Tommen during his coronation. Jaime had no lines in that episode, but NCW was paid for it. Jaime talked to Tommen at some point about being there to protect him. Then Jaime left town.

I can see how it isn't showing a definite break from Cersei, but the Dorne story isn't showing ongoing attachment to Cersei either. By fixing things, I agree. Jaime set Tyrion free and Tyrion killed Tywin, making the Lannisters vulnerable. He most definitely wants to fix that. Jaime's break up from Cersei in the books is all in his head anyway. Cersei has no clue they are breaking up.

But Jaime in S5 has show not one ounce of kindness to Cersei. He has provided her no comfort. They haven't even touched. Of course Jaime meant Cersei when he said the woman he loves line. That is Jaime being the romantic he has always been. That line is followed up by Analyst Bronn telling Jaime to question that love. Jaime just looks at him. Then Bronn kicks out the flames of the fire, symbolizing the dying fire of the JC relationship.

Sure, I can see wanting more. We all want more. Brienne is my favorite. Brienne wants Jaime (look at how she never takes her hand off his sword *dirty thought*). So I want Brienne to have Jaime. We already know she loves him from her scene with Cersei.

More would be fantastic. But what is there is pretty damn good.

Edited by BlackberryJam
  • Love 3

That's a pretty literal violation of Occam's Razor, though. If we know that someone stole the necklace, isn't it more reasonable to assume that the thief sent it to Cersei than that the thief didn't get around to doing anything with it and Cersei herself created a copy of the necklace she didn't know had been stolen and sent it to herself?

IF we know someone stole the necklace.  What's our evidence? Myrcella said someone stole it from her room, confirming Jaime's assertion (and belief) that she'd been threatened? What if Myrcella is in on the Queenmaking plot with Doran and Trystane?  And to add another layer, if that's the case, I don't think she would know Trystane = (f)Aegon and that reveal might come tonight along with her disfigurement.

Has there been anything this season that really required recasting Myrcella with a more seasoned actress?  It seems like D&D wouldn't have bothered unless there was more to come.

Or just to go all in with the wild speculation , maybe they didn't recast Myrcella and this "Princess Myrcella" is actually the double mentioned in the books while OG Myrcella (Aimee Richardson?) will be revealed as languishing in a Dorne dungeon since the day she got off the boat.

• Love 2

Has there been anything this season that really required recasting Myrcella with a more seasoned actress?  It seems like D&D wouldn't have bothered unless there was more to come.

Indeed, so far NuMyrcella didn't do anything imo that Ex-Myrcella couldn't have done, in matter of acting range. I actually prefer Ex-Myrcella, who was kind of a sweet Shireen type (*sobs*)  because NuMyrcella has to play that pouty gurl in lurve whose attention span seems limited to her boyfriend and it's something that just gets on my nerves sooooo badly -and not only on TV. (It's a tough situation for both actresses, though)

So I guess that winter is coming in Westeros but a huge shitstorm has to hit Dorne and here's hoping that tonight, we'll all be "OK, I see why they did that".

Jaime and Brienne...sigh. I'm certain they're as doomed as my Shireen (*sobs*) and I know they won't meet again this season. But after the heart-eyed Tarth moment, I hope for two seconds of Brienne reminiscing Jaime and the oath they took, in the finale. It would fit, especially if Brienne is presented with the choice of saving Sansa or killing Stannis. Even just one second! G.Christie can convey a world in one second.

• Love 3
(edited)

Sure, I can see wanting more. We all want more. Brienne is my favorite. Brienne wants Jaime (look at how she never takes her hand off his sword *dirty thought*). So I want Brienne to have Jaime. We already know she loves him from her scene with Cersei.

:D :'D

Maybe I should bring Cersei-Jaime-Brienne speculations to season 6 instead. It belongs more there I guess.

Edited by Holmbo
(edited)

I guess major spoilers are out on the Season finale - the episode has been leaked.  I had the fortitude not to read the article - just the Title - but from the Title I am making the following speculation:

The title claims that a character from S1 returns - I think that Arya will take the face of her dead dancing instructor, Syrio Forel, and kill "Ser" Meryn Trant.  Syrio was from Bravos

If that is true - I would be so excited and it would be completely fantastic.

Edited by Macbeth

I guess major spoilers are out on the Season finale - the episode has been leaked.  I had the fortitude not to read the article - just the Title - but from the Title I am making the following speculation:

The title claims that a character from S1 returns - I think that Arya will take the face of her dead dancing instructor, Syrio Forel, and kill "Ser" Meryn Trant.  Syrio was from Bravos

Can I have a link to the article? Thanks. :)

• Love 1
(edited)

If it's the Vanity Fair article (Careful! URL gives up a possible spoiler), it's more spoilerish speculation based on the "Previously on" mentioned upthread, not plain leakage spoilers, i.e they didn't actually see the finale. It's more of a click-bait -yep, I clicked.

Except for two pictures, there are suspicions of photoshopping in what was leaked. If I understood correctly, the person who posted the pictures claimed that certain other things would happen, but with no visual proof. I've seen people mix truths with trolling for episode 9, so who knows?

Half an hour  to go...

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 1

Is the face warehouse only those that died IN the House of Black & White? Then a lot of options would be off the table.

• Love 1
(edited)

You can find that article looking for Game of Thrones news - it is all out there now. It is not the only spoiler article out there.

Indeed! Vanity Fair speculates on other parts, but the actual informative content is more or less the same for all the articles.

Although, your speculation + Previously on mention

Syrio also features in the Previously On, so maybe you aren't wrong! It seems that Jaqen-is-Syrio people are hyped, too!

Edited by Happy Harpy

I have realized one thing while we wait...

I don't like not knowing.

I don't either! I started watching the show after my cousins recommended it. Binged seasons 1 and two in like a weekend.  Then I read all the books before season 3.  And I read all the spoilers all the time.  Hello, my name is WearyTraveler and I'm a spoiler addict.

• Love 1