Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E07: A Bachelor No More

• Start Topic

From the onscreen guide:  

John and Abbie's wedding is finally here and everyone is in full wedding-mode as they get ready for the big day; at the altar, the bride and groom share their first kiss in an unexpected way; a family member has a very special announcement.

14 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

The episode title cracks me up! They should change it to Daddy Finally Let Me Get Married.

"They Needed a Sacrificial Lamb for TV Ratings. It's JD's Turn!"

Is this the last episode of the season?

Edited by PikaScrewChu
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

I'm home this afternoon and just looked at TLC's schedule for today on the on-screen guide. They are repeating all the episodes of this season to lead into tonight's two-hour new episode. Which I've read somewhere (here?) is the season finale.

I could be wrong, but I think this mini-marathon of repeats is a new thing for TLC to do with Counting On. It's seemed to me that TLC has repeated very few of the Counting On episodes, unlike its practice with many other of its shows. And the way it used to fill its schedule with 19K&C episodes. [ETA: At least for the last couple of years, TLC may run last week's episode of Counting On just before the new episode airs. But it's been rare to see any repeats running later in the week or after the season's over. They've been available On Demand but not repeated on the schedule.]

I wonder if this means that Counting On has bounced back from being anathema to advertisers, and TLC's putting a toe in the water to see how the show fares as daytime schedule fodder. As someone - I think @Absolom - has said, if the Duggs can hang in at the current viewer numbers, around a million, the show can keep rolling on for quite awhile longer.

And, TBH, the Duggars' lame engagements, weddings, babies, and faked-up "activities" are not much more boring than several other cable TV shows. Personally I can't stand them and can't even hate-watch them for more than about 2.5 minutes without reaching for the remote. But then I'd also rather open a vein than watch pretty much anything about cooking, can't watch much of what's on HGTV these days without snarling at the TV, and have been known to binge watch WWII documentaries. So I'm probably not their target audience anyway. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, frenchtoast said:

From the onscreen guide:  ...a family member has a very special announcement.

5 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Is it Jessa's pregnancy, or something Jana related?

53 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

I think the special news may be Jinger's upcoming move to LA.  Maybe.

Since they released the People magazine exclusive today, I'm thinking it's the Vuolos' move to LA. 

Could be a Jana courtship but I can't see them holding back on that vs. a People magazine exclusive released the day of the episode.

Jessa's third pregnancy? Yawn.

(Now, watch the big news be that Jessa's again knocked up, lol.)

That's funny - @Sew Sumi posted as I was writing this. She's pretty savvy, so this will probably go down in the annals as yet *another* time I was wrong. 🤣

Edited by Jeeves
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, flyingdi said:

I think the special newsman be Jinger's upcoming move to LA.  Maybe.

Los Angeles California ????  Our little sheltered Jinger? The same woman who seem one-step-away from full on tears upon moving to TX ? 

What are they moving there for ??

JB must be sh*tting in his pants over that decision.  oooohhhweee !

But I would say - this might help with her family fight connections as LAX is a much bigger airport. And I am sure there are midwives/birthing centers not to mention major US known hospitals  more readily available.

Feel bad for the grandparents Voluvo.. that is a flight clear across the country...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I'm thinking Jessa's pregnancy.

That's not a special announcement in Duggarland.  A special announcement would be that no one is preggers.

I hope it is another boy.  I don't want Jessa making a daughter a mini-mother like she was.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
6 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I watched it. The announcement was Jessa's pregnancy. She's due 6/6.

First, a tip of my hat and a deep bow to you, @Sew Sumi, for calling it correctly.

Second, a good chuckle because Jer and Jinger stole the Duggars' thunder with their People exclusive story today about their move. Sure, Jessa had already announced the pregnancy, but still. The buzz is about the Vuolos and nobody really cares that old Jessa has another bun in the oven. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Probably Simi Valley (never heard of Sun Valley before). But don't quote me on that; I am too lazy to fact-check at the moment.

Here's Wikipedia's pretty helpful explanation of where Sun Valley is.  It's north of Burbank and North Hollywood, basically. 

"Sun Valley is bordered on the northeast by Shadow Hills, on the southeast by Burbank, on the south by North Hollywood and Valley Glen, on the west by Panorama City and on the northwest by Pacoima, Hansen Dam and Lake View Terrace."

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I checked the seminary, and it's in LA-proper.

The seminary is here:  13248 Roscoe Blvd, Sun Valley, CA 91352, USA.  That's the address on their website.  It's out in Sun Valley.  I'z bin dare.  Daughter lives in La Canada.  Granted one spot on their website says Los Angeles, but it's still the Roscoe Blvd address which is out in the valley.   

• Love 1

The seminary is pretty much co-located with the church.  Their college is a little bit away from the church.  That is if I had my buildings straight.  All of their stuff is out there in the valley though.  And they're right about one thing.  If it hadn't been for Jinger and Jeremy, I would probably have barely if at all been aware of the church.  Not that I'm going to ever, ever be a member though.  

Just now, Sew Sumi said:

I guess the LA address I saw on the site is their mailing address? I have no other explanation for what I saw there. 😕

The post office and city for my zip code is seven miles away.  Because we live in a village, of 15,000, not a city, we don't have a post office or our own zip code.  What is crazy, one block away is a different city with a completely different zip. And multiple post offices

The post office stuff can be bizarre.

• Love 2

Huh?  Duh?  What's an anchovy?  The Duggar children have apparently never been in a pizza joint despite evidence to the contrary.

OTOH why would you even want a candle to smell like a dead fish?

Edited by flyingdi
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Pairing Jana with Laura is just odd. IDK why they're doing it -- can a 28 yr old not interview alone and since she doesn't have a husband, she must be paired either with a 5yr old sister or Laura? I don't know if they get that that pairing of Jana and Laura and asking them how it is to work together and the role of forgiveness in their friendship makes them sound like a lesbian couple - perish the thought.

And if these morons want to get married in places like airplane hangars that have 20 ft ceilings, I'm sorry but spend some of your TLC $$$ on a decorator John. Dumping decorating on Jana when it requires lifted platforms with ladders on top to even reach the ceiling and decorations need to be held up with chains bc streamers and rope aren't tough enough given the width of the building? I know she's not the one doing it bc there's a horde of teen/20 yr old brothers, but still. That's putting a bit more responsibility on her than her usual setting up the wedding arch/flowers/center pieces.

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, cereality said:

I don't know if they get that that pairing of Jana and Laura and asking them how it is to work together and the role of forgiveness in their friendship makes them sound like a lesbian couple - perish the thought.

My cynical, snarky side thinks the producers did that intentionally. There's been speculation for some time that Jana and Laura might be more than just friends under different circumstances.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, Horrified said:

My cynical, snarky side thinks the producers did that intentionally. There's been speculation for some time that Jana and Laura might be more than just friends under different circumstances.

I feel like they’re together and the show is doing everything but actually saying they’re together.  Not sure if that makes sense. But I have absolutely no idea.

Hah Ben throwing shade: “Sorry, we’re running on Duggar time.”

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Justin gets more handsome and Jenny even prettier every time I see them. 

I found it interesting that Abbie didn't tell her Daddy how much she loves him ala the Duggar girls, Kendra and Lauren.  She seems like a nice young lady, but I find her eyebrows rather distracting.  Whenever I look at her that's all I see.  

Edited by Adeejay
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

“We believe that God would have us TRANSFER our daughter to this man.”

*sigh*

Also, for such seemingly serious people, these uber-Christian ministers really do like to joke during the vows.  No one will beat the guy who did Bin and Jessa’s wedding.  That dude truly brought the yuks. 

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

Yeah, I guess if I have caught on to the forum lingo here, I guess I need to go to the prayer closet because when I see Abbie, she just looks so Amelia Earhartesq or something someone like that. Maybe is Eleanor Roosevelt. you know, bless her heart, she is accomplished and sweet and intelligent BLESS HER HEART but not a fashion icon.

I am sorry

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

Listen to John David interrupting everything his father is saying,  "Sorry, Pops, it's my time in the spot light!  Not yours!"

Yay!  Jeremy knows what Zoolander is.  He knows who Ben Stiiler is.  I wonder if he's seen Tropic Thunder?

• Love 13

As much as I snark on the Duggar’s, JD and Abbie look truly happy. They seem the most natural together. I wish them happiness 

and God help me, I thought that kiss was kinda sexy 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Love 17

I can’t watch this show anymore, but they’re doing the wedding again?!  Haven’t we BTDT a few times already?  

And ugh, people exclusive that the V’s are moving?  I truly went down the wrong path of college and hard work. 

• Love 2

Jessa has never lost that condescending little chuckle of hers.  It’s her response to absolutely everything.

On another note, bless Bin’s heart.  That poor boy is up to his eyeballs in responsibility and he certainly seems to be handling it all as best he can.  Good for him. 

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Jessa has never lost that condescending little chuckle of hers.  It’s her response to absolutely everything.

On another note, bless Bin’s heart.  That poor boy is up to his eyeballs in responsibility and he certainly seems to be handling it all as best he can.  Good for him. 

I think that’s her insecurity shining through.

• Love 11