Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, ByTor said:

AND I thought the boots looked fine on her.

If the boots are such a big deal, maybe the girls should have to try them on at finals?  Or at least hold a pair of boots up to each girls' leg to see if they come up too high.  

• Love 8

I wish the storyline for Vivian had been more about her inconsistency in performing than the way she looked in the uniform, because I truly think that was the biggest issue. Yes, she was thicker than some others, but she wasn’t jiggly. Just thick. And considering Keyra, Gymnast Kat and countless others have made the squad despite not having an ideal fit for the uniform...sigh. 

So of course that’s all Vivian wants to focus on instead of the very real issues of performance and as we saw later, ambassador risk.  I prefer to think she was just hungry for attention and doing whatever she could for camera time versus being a little nuts, but maybe I just don’t have an appreciation for poetry. 

I will say tho, the highlight of Vivian’s storyline for me will always be Melissa calling her out when V said she was insecure, etc...”oh you hide that well.” I’ve got sympathy, because attention after losing weight can be shocking and surprising and it’s easy to get caught up.

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I wish the storyline for Vivian had been more about her inconsistency in performing than the way she looked in the uniform, because I truly think that was the biggest issue. Yes, she was thicker than some others, but she wasn’t jiggly. Just thick. And considering Keyra, Gymnast Kat and countless others have made the squad despite not having an ideal fit for the uniform...sigh. 

So of course that’s all Vivian wants to focus on instead of the very real issues of performance and as we saw later, ambassador risk.  I prefer to think she was just hungry for attention and doing whatever she could for camera time versus being a little nuts, but maybe I just don’t have an appreciation for poetry. 

I will say tho, the highlight of Vivian’s storyline for me will always be Melissa calling her out when V said she was insecure, etc...”oh you hide that well.” I’ve got sympathy, because attention after losing weight can be shocking and surprising and it’s easy to get caught up.

Agreed.  Vivian's second time in training camp was cringe-worthy for reasons that had nothing to do with her physical appearance. She wasn't doing the jump split, she was laughing at her mistakes, and just all-around not a good candidate that year.  Her hunger for attention had completely taken over, with that crazy poem being the grand finale.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Agreed.  Vivian's second time in training camp was cringe-worthy for reasons that had nothing to do with her physical appearance. She wasn't doing the jump split, she was laughing at her mistakes, and just all-around not a good candidate that year.  Her hunger for attention had completely taken over, with that crazy poem being the grand finale.

I completely get why she didn't make the squad. I do think that if she were a better dancer, less of an ambassador risk, more of a team girl than a "me me look at me" girl, her shape/height wouldn't have been an issue. I am just confused on why the show chose to focus on her shape as her main issue. It makes me curious who makes those editorial choices. It also makes me wonder about other questionable choices we get on the show. 

I seriously doubt any of them have been cut for just one issue/reason. Vivian wasn't cut just because the boots made her legs look squat, which, they did, but because that was the the last straw so to speak. She was hanging by a thread and her boot legs cut that straw.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Yep. I think Vivian should have made the team her first time in training camp. She was far better than Morgan and Kaitlin, IMO, and she’s so pretty. She definitely would’ve provided a different, non cookie-cutter look for the team. IIRC, Vivian was a real fan favorite, and I actually think K&J may have regretted cutting her that first time.

Her second time around though.....she looked fantastic, but she had clearly let the weight loss and fan attention go to her head, and she came off terribly. The kind of goofy, cute personality that she showed in the first tc was gone, and she seemed so fake and shallow. She is one example of someone who have been much better off if there was no tv show, IMO. I think the weight loss was always going to throw her for a loop. I got the sense that it may have been the first time in her life that she truly believed that she was beautiful, and that can be intoxicating in a way.  Add in her “fans” and attention from the show, and it was just all too much, IMO.

• Love 11
On 8/28/2020 at 1:52 PM, ElenaFR said:

Vivian was stunning. 

God, SERIOUSLY. No one even really compared. I would've loved to see her on the team. I think she should've made it the first time around, like someone else said above. She was weird and off her second year there, but I'm sad I'll never see her as a DCC, tbh. She was a knockout the way Kelsey L was

• Love 6
On 8/28/2020 at 3:56 PM, ByTor said:

AND I thought the boots looked fine on her.

Vivian's kicks were no worse than Mackenzie Lee's kicks or Taylor's it still pisses me off Kelli's flip flopping on what is too short or too low...

Edited by TB12
  • Love 10

Kelli said Vivian's legs were like drumsticks....Tacky, but true...Vivian did come back with slimmer thighs, but the combination of thicker-than-desired thighs and short legs made the boots look like they were swallowing her...MacKenzie wasn't nearly as curvy as Vivian so the boots looked better and she worked diligently on her kicks...to the point that when she performed they weren't noticeably low.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Did Vivian have low kicks? I thought the issue was more related to her ability to nail down the choreo. 

I don't recall Vivian being called out for her kicks.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, TB12 said:
8 hours ago, ByTor said:

I don't recall Vivian being called out for her kicks.

No I meant short legs like Mackenzie... her kicks weren't the problem my bad...

I guess, technically they'd be lower than the others in line because she doesn't have as much leg to get up into the air. lol

I still think that for whatever reason the show chose to focus on her size when that wasn't really the full reason she was cut. She just didn't seem like a "team player" so much as a "this is my chance to be famous because people always told me I'm a star". She just didn't have exceptional dance talent or the perfect body type to make her worth taking a chance on. 

• Love 2

Does anyone remember Hannah (road-to-DCC girl)?  She had an Instagram account that chronicled her attempt to make the DCC and she actually auditioned a couple of years ago.  I tried to find her Instagram again, but I think she took it down.  Sadly, she was in that season's "bad dancing" segment.  I wouldn't be surprised if that squashed any thoughts she had of re-auditioning.

Awww, Season 2 auditions currently playing on Pluto.  Christina Murphy previewed her solo for Kitty and Kitty just loses it.  Such a sweet moment.  I love when they show Kitty having a human moment and not just quick snips of shock value.

Also, the interviews are hilarious...so many pantsuits!  (Plus what I think was original music...Coldplay, Fergie, etc.)  Lots of "thicker" cheerleaders too...that HD screen really did change the look of the squad.

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

Awww, Season 2 auditions currently playing on Pluto.  Christina Murphy previewed her solo for Kitty and Kitty just loses it.  Such a sweet moment.  I love when they show Kitty having a human moment and not just quick snips of shock value.

Also, the interviews are hilarious...so many pantsuits!  (Plus what I think was original music...Coldplay, Fergie, etc.)  Lots of "thicker" cheerleaders too...that HD screen really did change the look of the squad.

I loved Kitty tearing up at Christina's solo!  Christina was such a great dancer.  Was she only on the team one year? 

• Love 3

The ads on Pluto today have been seriously rage inducing.  I'm working from home and have a small tv in my office, so have had it on the DCC channel for background noise the past couple of days...and WOW.  Feels like they're making up for the 24/7 Bloomberg ads during the primary by doing a total 180.

Also, Melissa Rycroft is such a goober.

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, kalibean said:

SO many pantsuits. I love it so much ☺️

• Love 4
2 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

According to Pompedia...yes. She was a One Year Wonder. Idk why though.

I think the one and done girls are the smarter ones. Have the experience and get on with your life. The ones who act like DCC is the best or most important thing to ever happen to them just make me sad. 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

I loved Kitty tearing up at Christina's solo!  Christina was such a great dancer.  Was she only on the team one year? 

She apparently had several health issues and decided not to continue with DCC.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

I'm sure this may have been discussed at length but i have Pluto on in the background and the episode with Kaitlin Legrand is on. Does anyone know what was going on with her that we didn't see? The poor thing, was she on drugs? Was she an amazing performer and I just never saw that because every time I see her I think how did she make the team? Anyone?

She was strong enough to make show group as a rookie, which back then usually meant they were super strong! I think the general consensus was that she got caught up with a crappy boyfriend, and she was later arrested for possession and shoplifting. She’s stayed pretty low profile since then so hopefully living a happy and healthy life!  

Also have Pluto on in the background and always felt that Antebellum All Stars performance at Six Flags was so awkward.  And some of those gals weren’t really uniform ready to the current standard. (Or HD friendly!)

Edited by kalibean
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

That's what happens when you're not given the respect to get the weight off.

Haha I just got your pic!  Well played!

Edited by Opine
On 8/16/2020 at 11:26 AM, TB12 said:

1000% I always thought why are though so angry toward Colby... it always pissed me off because she really did seem genuine and nice which I can't say about all the TCC we've seen through the years. Now that i'm thinking about it, i bet if we played a game we could pick Kelli's least liked TCC for each season to date... 

IMO Colby & Ashley Paige (Kansas City Chiefs) were treated the worst by Kelly start to finish. Megan B and Chelsea were only at the end. 

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

IMO Colby & Ashley Paige (Kansas City Chiefs) were treated the worst by Kelly start to finish. Megan B and Chelsea were only at the end. 

I never warmed to Colby but they were awful to her. I feel like Kelli was just jealous! 

Ashley Paige should’ve made it in my opinion. I think she’d have loosened up over a year on the squad. She had everything else to be a DCC. I’ve always thought that Molly danced in a similar way (like they have a stick up their spine) but Molly has since improved. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

I never warmed to Colby but they were awful to her. I feel like Kelli was just jealous! 

Ashley Paige should’ve made it in my opinion. I think she’d have loosened up over a year on the squad. She had everything else to be a DCC. I’ve always thought that Molly danced in a similar way (like they have a stick up their spine) but Molly has since improved. 

I completely agree about Colby.  She seemed like such a nice person but I never saw her as a DCC.  That gave Kelli no reason to be so darn hateful to her though or demeaning (asking if she had cheek fillers because she just couldn't believe someone would have cheekbones like that ).

Ashley Paige should have made the squad.  She would have been a great ambassador, had the look for sure, and was experienced with the NFL.  Was her dancing stiff? A bit...but she would have loosened up I think.  Her biggest thing was she waddled when she did the entrance (I didn't really see it but I also haven't danced on a football field since I was 17 years old so I don't know what they considered waddling) ...I guarantee you (if tptb are reading this) NO ONE CARES in the stand if she's waddling a bit as she enters the stadium.  She was beautiful and looked awesome in uniform. 

• Love 14

During show group auditions when Kalyssa said was dancing for her grandmother, insert eyeroll here, I never believed that & maybe she was but to me she always seemed like she was playing the sweet girl role to make the team, thoughts??? 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, TB12 said:

During show group auditions when Kalyssa said was dancing for her grandmother, insert eyeroll here, I never believed that & maybe she was but to me she always seemed like she was playing the sweet girl role to make the team, thoughts??? 

I think she probably was genuine about her grandmother, in her way.  Plus that seems like a spoon fed producer question - “is there anyone in your family that you dedicate your dancing to, etc.” They're gonna get their sound bites to tell their story however they can, and talking about her grandma added a little bit of wholesome to her sex appeal.  I think she can be both sweet and ambitious.  Her talking heads seemed genuine enough. 

Kalyssa is from small town Oklahoma, valedictorian in her high school class, adored by her family...they were posting all over the place about how proud they were. Always pretty as can be. And then dancing for OKC, then moving to Dallas. Her personal ambitious cranked way up but she always seemed like a go getter anyway.  

She soaked in the attention to be sure, but like Holly, I think there’s a learning curve when you’re a big fish in a small pond and end up in this crazy reality show dance team situation. Kalyssa ended up on a slippery slope, IMO, tho not necessarily that bad at the start. Sexy pics and gunning for SI and Maxim photo shoots aren’t the worst thing. Maybe not what most would want for ourselves but she saw an opportunity for exposure and being a model, so to speak.  Living a more glamorous life.  I think it might have just gone sideways on her, and I hope she’s staying safe. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, mizzhyer said:

I completely agree about Colby.  She seemed like such a nice person but I never saw her as a DCC.  That gave Kelli no reason to be so darn hateful to her though or demeaning (asking if she had cheek fillers because she just couldn't believe someone would have cheekbones like that ).

Ashley Paige should have made the squad.  She would have been a great ambassador, had the look for sure, and was experienced with the NFL.  Was her dancing stiff? A bit...but she would have loosened up I think.  Her biggest thing was she waddled when she did the entrance (I didn't really see it but I also haven't danced on a football field since I was 17 years old so I don't know what they considered waddling) ...I guarantee you (if tptb are reading this) NO ONE CARES in the stand if she's waddling a bit as she enters the stadium.  She was beautiful and looked awesome in uniform. 

I've been watching season 11 this week and both Tara and Heather O (a 2nd year vet) got called out for a weird style. It's quite an unnatural movement I imagine, purely because of the distance they have to travel. I think it's something you can only really practice on the field because of the yardlines! You can't skip but you can't just walk, you need to put your hips into it but not too much. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

I think she probably was genuine about her grandmother, in her way.  Plus that seems like a spoon fed producer question - “is there anyone in your family that you dedicate your dancing to, etc.” They're gonna get their sound bites to tell their story however they can, and talking about her grandma added a little bit of wholesome to her sex appeal.  I think she can be both sweet and ambitious.  Her talking heads seemed genuine enough. 

Kalyssa is from small town Oklahoma, valedictorian in her high school class, adored by her family...they were posting all over the place about how proud they were. Always pretty as can be. And then dancing for OKC, then moving to Dallas. Her personal ambitious cranked way up but she always seemed like a go getter anyway.  

She soaked in the attention to be sure, but like Holly, I think there’s a learning curve when you’re a big fish in a small pond and end up in this crazy reality show dance team situation. Kalyssa ended up on a slippery slope, IMO, tho not necessarily that bad at the start. Sexy pics and gunning for SI and Maxim photo shoots aren’t the worst thing. Maybe not what most would want for ourselves but she saw an opportunity for exposure and being a model, so to speak.  Living a more glamorous life.  I think it might have just gone sideways on her, and I hope she’s staying safe. 

I agree.  On something like this, I think it's respectful to give them the benefit of the doubt.  Everyone has grandparents, and their deaths are often the first losses we experience in life.  I think it's rude to blindly speculate on something of that nature.  Kalyssa undoubtedly used the DCC as exposure for larger things, but that's exactly what the organization is doing with the tv show.  Once you're on tv and get noticed, who knows what level of celebrity you might attain. Look at MRS's post-DCC resume.  It's not unreasonable for a young woman as talented and stunning as Kalyssa to see that blueprint and see if they can do the same.  She definitely has the tools. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

I appreciate your insight, I always thought she was STUNNING just so beautiful. I think watching her episodes now on Pluto & seeing her latest life choices is what made me question her sincerity but i'm happy to read all that. I do hope she settles into a safe, happy life... 

Edited by TB12
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

There's a girl who was on the 2018-19 AAIA whose doing the same thing as Kalyssa. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

When was Heather placed in Gina's spot once Gina had her injury? I thought it was... someone else.

gettyimages-1194212005-2048x2048.thumb.jpg.863f2ef896d7aa0d22bae03e9b8fa00b.jpg

I thought Tess completed the diamond! Did they move Tess to VK’s spot so she could move to Heather’s spot to move Heather to Gina’s spot? 

Heather got a crap deal there! 

On 8/31/2020 at 9:25 PM, EricaShadows said:

Does anyone remember Hannah (road-to-DCC girl)?  She had an Instagram account that chronicled her attempt to make the DCC and she actually auditioned a couple of years ago.  I tried to find her Instagram again, but I think she took it down.  Sadly, she was in that season's "bad dancing" segment.  I wouldn't be surprised if that squashed any thoughts she had of re-auditioning.

Yeah it's sad, I totally think that "bad dancer" clip is what made her give up & go private.

On 9/2/2020 at 3:01 PM, TB12 said:

Was she an amazing performer and I just never saw that because every time I see her I think how did she make the team? Anyone?

This video zooms in on her a couple times, I think she's a cutie.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

Ashley Paige was stunning and looked spectacular in the uniform, but that's unfortunately where her appeal ended for me.  K&J always talk about not being able to watch a certain dancer, and Ashley was the one that my eye would turn away from.  It totally could have been nerves on her part, but her dancing was really bad.  Everything looked so forced.

12 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Which season was Michelle Keyes’ rookie season ?

Season 3.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Ashley Paige was stunning and looked spectacular in the uniform, but that's unfortunately where her appeal ended for me.

I still can't watch Ashley Paige without thinking Stepford Wife.  It's something to do with her cadence when speaking.  Plus she looked really odd in the opening walk across the field during Thunder.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I thought Tess completed the diamond! Did they move Tess to VK’s spot so she could move to Heather’s spot to move Heather to Gina’s spot? 

Heather got a crap deal there! 

Why wasn’t Heather given a higher spot in the triangle? Coming into last year, I thought she would’ve been a candidate for point. I thought she was the prettiest vet on last year’s squad. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, vivianspoetry said:

Why wasn’t Heather given a higher spot in the triangle? Coming into last year, I thought she would’ve been a candidate for point. I thought she was the prettiest vet on last year’s squad. 

TPTB. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I’ve always been a Heather fan, she’s beautiful, is a solid dancer but can add some extra sparkle here and there.

• Love 3
On 9/4/2020 at 6:37 AM, mizzhyer said:

Ashley as a 2013 PBC. She looks a little stiff here too. Starts @ 1:55

https://youtu.be/rTPEO4u9P8s?t=115

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

Jordan Baum, Meagan Sharp and Meredith Oden.

I think Kaitlin Ilseng was in there too. I believe there were 5 in total. Probably why they all retired after that season.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I think Kaitlin Ilseng was in there too. I believe there were 5 in total. Probably why they all retired after that season.

Kaitlyn retired after season 6.  She was the bridesmaid who got stuck in the dress at the fittings during Cassie's wedding special:)  

• LOL 2