Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

On 9/4/2020 at 1:41 PM, TB12 said:

During show group auditions when Kalyssa said was dancing for her grandmother, insert eyeroll here, I never believed that & maybe she was but to me she always seemed like she was playing the sweet girl role to make the team, thoughts??? 

I recently rewatched Kalyssa’s season and honestly, she comes off as nothing but a sweet and lovely girl on the show, and she was definitely a standout in her rookie class and consistently one of the best rookie dancers all training camp, as evidenced by her making show group. And I’m always extra impressed by the girls who start dancing so late in life (Kalyssa started at 14 I think?) but just seem to have some natural talent for it. She seemed very genuine to me just going by what was shown on MTT. I can’t hate on her for leaving before the season was done to pursue other things since these days I get excited when girls that I like get released (Hannah!) and no longer have to live with the tyranny of the DCC organization 😂 I just think it’s one of those things where some girls thrive in the DCC environment and stay for years and it becomes their whole life and identity and some girls just aren’t like that and it’s ultimately not going to be the fairytale they originally thought, which is okay! And there’s no way to really know how you’re going to handle it until you’re actually in that situation.

• Love 12
On 9/4/2020 at 9:01 PM, ByTor said:

This video zooms in on her a couple times, I think she's a cutie.

Oh she was adorable! I've never seen her in uniform only those few really sad scenes before they released her. And of course Cassie is singing the National Anthem, go figure...

• Love 1
On 8/24/2020 at 10:36 AM, ATLGirl said:

Random thoughts...

I always liked Lauren Williams for her "the cow they named after me" comment. She seemed real to me.

It kind of surprised me that Judy went ballistic over Lauren Castillo's reply. Every time I saw Lauren C, she was attached to Cassie's elbow.  I didn't think she'd go after a Cassie buddy like that.

Someone asked a few pages back about why Jordan missed the Game Day bus. I could have sworn in one of the first airings of the show she said something about oversleeping because her alarm clock didn't go off. But it got edited out.

I think one of the best DCCs that came out of the show was Brandy Kilby. She came back from being called a stripper to make the team, did it for a year then said "buh-bye" to become a Laker Girl. Now she's happily married, has six (?) kids and looks fabulous. She definitely didn't let DCC define her.

Then there's Karissa, who never made the team. I think had she not had the wacky family issues that were dogging her, she could have had the time (and money) to take the classes she needed to improve her dancing. But she moved away from Texas (SMART MOVE), went on to law school in Miami, got married and is practicing law in San Francisco now. She moved on and is doing great.

One last thing. After they moved to the Star, the show got more fake/plastic/mannequin-like (to quote Kelli describing one of the Minschew sisters) and the TCCs started to run together for me. Less interesting back stories about the girls and more guest choreographers/celebrity crap. As a result, even with the Ericka/Holly/Jenna drama, it got boring.

This 100%!  Whenever I hear people say that Lisa won’t be cut because she’s friends with Victoria, I always think of Lauren’s friendship with Cassie. So, I don’t think you are 100% safe if you are friends with a legacy. Also, I believe Lauren was already on the chopping block...give her a hard question....let her think she was cut because of her answer. 

Love Lauren W. and Brandi K! Glad Karissa is doing so well. What a go getter she is!  And, for me personally, I haven’t enjoyed the seasons since S7 ended. There’s too much drama now. The dancing technique has increased greatly but the natural beauty of these ladies has decreased. These girls are gorgeous. You won’t make the squad if you aren’t naturally pretty. I think it’s sad that so many feel the need to Botox, enhance, get fillers, etc to stay in the game. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, bunny said:

I recently rewatched Kalyssa’s season and honestly, she comes off as nothing but a sweet and lovely girl on the show, and she was definitely a standout in her rookie class and consistently one of the best rookie dancers all training camp, as evidenced by her making show group. And I’m always extra impressed by the girls who start dancing so late in life (Kalyssa started at 14 I think?) but just seem to have some natural talent for it. She seemed very genuine to me just going by what was shown on MTT. I can’t hate on her for leaving before the season was done to pursue other things since these days I get excited when girls that I like get released (Hannah!) and no longer have to live with the tyranny of the DCC organization 😂 I just think it’s one of those things where some girls thrive in the DCC environment and stay for years and it becomes their whole life and identity and some girls just aren’t like that and it’s ultimately not going to be the fairytale they originally thought, which is okay! And there’s no way to really know how you’re going to handle it until you’re actually in that situation.

I agree, she seemed very genuine in her rookie season.  I still remember her grandmother coming to Meet the Team night, she was just adorable!  I really thought Kalyssa would be one that would stick around for several years and do well, it was surprising to me that she left so early and then went on to do the type of modeling that she's doing now.

• Love 4
On 8/24/2020 at 10:36 AM, ATLGirl said:

It kind of surprised me that Judy went ballistic over Lauren Castillo's reply. Every time I saw Lauren C, she was attached to Cassie's elbow.  I didn't think she'd go after a Cassie buddy like that.

I think one of the best DCCs that came out of the show was Brandy Kilby. She came back from being called a stripper to make the team, did it for a year then said "buh-bye" to become a Laker Girl. Now she's happily married, has six (?) kids and looks fabulous. She definitely didn't let DCC define her.

I wonder if Lauren remained friends with Cassie after she was cut and went to the Mavs Dancers.

Brandi just announced on her IG she's expecting her 7th child.

• Love 2

Another random thought, was Sydney ever point or PB cheerleader? It seems weird to me if she wasn't given how lonnnnnnnnnng she stayed on the team. If she wasn't do we think that's why she hung on so long? And i'll be honest, she was never my fave at all...

17 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Another random thought, was Sydney ever point or PB cheerleader? It seems weird to me if she wasn't given how lonnnnnnnnnng she stayed on the team. If she wasn't do we think that's why she hung on so long? And i'll be honest, she was never my fave at all...

No

11 minutes ago, TB12 said:

That is crazy she was never point or PB. Does anyone have any insight as to why she wasn't, especially in her 7th season??? 

No offense intended to anyone who was a Durso fan but I never liked her.  Some ladies don't know when it's time to call it quits.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

No offense intended to anyone who was a Durso fan but I never liked her.  Some ladies don't know when it's time to call it quits.

Who was the other TCC called in the night they called Sydney D in and "warned" her before announcing the team?

On 9/5/2020 at 12:57 PM, MrsEVH said:

Didn't meant to add this quote^!  Binging Downton Abbey this weekend.  I think the GORGEOUS youngest sister looks like Meghan with the thutt.  Meghan if you are reading this I am mentioning the thutt for ID only, that was stupid.  I am saying you look like the most gorgeous woman on Downton Abbey!

• Love 6
9 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

I agree, she seemed very genuine in her rookie season.  I still remember her grandmother coming to Meet the Team night, she was just adorable!  I really thought Kalyssa would be one that would stick around for several years and do well, it was surprising to me that she left so early and then went on to do the type of modeling that she's doing now.

I really liked her in her rookie season. She was one of my favorites, and though she was very sexy she did seem pretty sweet, basically the perfect DCC... in theory. It does sadden me to see some of the things she's done since though, because it seems she doesn't seem to think she has much to over beyond being sexy and I don't think that's true. She also looks a lot more fake than she did on the show. She was stunning on the show. 

• Love 1

I’ve always wondered why it was so important for Megan f RIP as she said in her first taking head that it was a new concept for her   So she couldn’t even claim like the other 80 %ish that it’s been a dream since they were 2 

2 hours ago, dariafan said:

I’ve always wondered why it was so important for Megan f RIP as she said in her first taking head that it was a new concept for her   So she couldn’t even claim like the other 80 %ish that it’s been a dream since they were 2 

Maybe making it so far the first time made her realize it was something she wanted. And she got to be good friends with girls who made it (Brooke, Tobie, etc.). Just a guess.

Although, had it been me, I would not have come back after that whole "Jacqueline Onassis Kennedy" book report fiasco. Ol' Kels should have cracked that book herself - maybe should would have properly remembered the name of a former first lady.

• Love 4

Episode 104 Kelli's assistant told Kelli about  RIP Meagan not participating in line dancing and other activities because it was hot.  Not sure why this was such a big deal?

Tuna Sandwich with anchovies?

Camp DCC.  I guess all those kids are about grown now.

14 hours ago, BlueSilver said:

Maybe making it so far the first time made her realize it was something she wanted. And she got to be good friends with girls who made it (Brooke, Tobie, etc.). Just a guess.

Although, had it been me, I would not have come back after that whole "Jacqueline Onassis Kennedy" book report fiasco. Ol' Kels should have cracked that book herself - maybe should would have properly remembered the name of a former first lady.

Thank you! I always thought, seriously Kelli you don't even know her GD name and you're calling out Meghan for grace? I love that was never edited out bc Kelli thinks she knows everything and here she is getting her name wrong. Even my husband was like that's not her name!

• LOL 3
20 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Episode 104 Kelli's assistant told Kelli about  RIP Meagan not participating in line dancing and other activities because it was hot.  Not sure why this was such a big deal?

I was never a Meagan fan and even I was all WTF? Maybe it was her time of month, maybe she hadn't eaten enough and felt light headed, maybe she just wanted to sit and contemplate life, maybe she was way ahead on social distancing, but whatever the reason, was active participation in inane, non-work related activities actually mandatory? If so, I would never make it on that team. I just can't ever seem to link into the hive mind these gals need to survive the DCC. 

• Love 8
On 9/7/2020 at 10:05 PM, parrotfeathers said:

Tuna Sandwich with anchovies?

You're expected to participate in everything and be happy about it.  That Mikko chick (the assistant) seemed stuck up and snotty to me.

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
Added something.
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I was never a Meagan fan and even I was all WTF? Maybe it was her time of month, maybe she hadn't eaten enough and felt light headed, maybe she just wanted to sit and contemplate life, maybe she was way ahead on social distancing, but whatever the reason, was active participation in inane, non-work related activities actually mandatory? If so, I would never make it on that team. I just can't ever seem to link into the hive mind these gals need to survive the DCC. 

My bold/emphasis- this comment drives me batty. Can girls and women just experience whatever emotion comes their way without this insensitive, default explanation?

None of us know what Meagan was feeling that day, but it’s very telling of DCC culture that she was immediately labeled “rude” and assigned a friggen BOOK REPORT for having an off day.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
On 9/6/2020 at 12:34 PM, go4luca said:

Holy freaking crap, I can't imagine working my ass off for the better part of a decade and less than minimum wage while everyone my age moves on and the girls around me get younger and younger 

10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Oh dccxmemes......................

This clip always drove me crazy because if anyone else slipped like that they'd be done, not called cute

23 hours ago, TB12 said:

Oh bless her heart, she really is super rigid huh? And I adored her and really wanted her to make the team. Maybe it was all her gymnastics training but wow is she stiff...

I really liked her even though she seemed 'fake,' because she was so optimistic and well put together/well spoken...she was stiff AF but I was still rooting for her? Lol. I have no idea how she got as far as she did cheerleading though, she's such an unnatural dancer according to literally everything I've seen of her

Edited by vanillagum
  • Love 2

Is it a requirement they do sexy hips anytime they are out and about in a group ???

Sexy hips when in a group.  Thunderstruck at a wedding.  Hand on hip and knee bent when posing for a photo.  Telling each other they love them and they are their bestie on every Instagram post.

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

My bold/emphasis- this comment drives me batty. Can girls and women just experience whatever emotion comes their way without this insensitive, default explanation?

I added that, about time of month, because when I have my period my energy is depleted, I am more susceptible to heat and getting up and participating in some inane activity in a hot, crowded place would be the last thing on earth I would want to do. Fortunately, I am finally going through menopause so now it's just the forking hot flashes that screw with me constantly. I wasn't even remotely thinking of it on an emotional level. I was purely thinking of the physical fatigue that can come with a bad period. For some of us, getting our period is far more than just throwing on a pad or tampon and going about our lives. It can be physically debilitating and yes, emotionally draining. 

Edited by Mabinogia
  • Love 10

I have Pluto on in the background & Auto Amy just got cut, it makes me cry every time. She should've been given the opportunity, she was stunning, well spoken & had the look. I'm happy for where she is in life now, but her cut really hurt... 

• Love 14
22 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Sexy hips when in a group.  Thunderstruck at a wedding.  Hand on hip and knee bent when posing for a photo.  Telling each other they love them and they are their bestie on every Instagram post.

This pose too.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, TB12 said:

I have Pluto on in the background & Auto Amy just got cut, it makes me cry every time. She should've been given the opportunity, she was stunning, well spoken & had the look. I'm happy for where she is in life now, but her cut really hurt... 

My sentiments exactly!

• Love 5
On 8/24/2020 at 11:36 AM, ATLGirl said:

Someone asked a few pages back about why Jordan missed the Game Day bus. I could have sworn in one of the first airings of the show she said something about oversleeping because her alarm clock didn't go off. But it got edited out.

I'm re-watching on sockshare, and it was Judy who explained/narrated that Jordan's alarm didn't go off.

• Love 1

CMT played some episodes from Season 14. Cat and Meredith should not have made the team. 

Christina the vet should have been cut. Girl had zero energy. 

VK in the first practice was so over the top. Could only see hair. But Kelli couldn't keep her eyes off of her🙄

It is interesting that most of the early strugglers continued to struggle. Could definitely make the team in less than one week and then just teach the rest of the dances with less pressure. 

• Love 8
On 8/30/2020 at 12:02 PM, vanillagum said:

God, SERIOUSLY. No one even really compared. I would've loved to see her on the team. I think she should've made it the first time around, like someone else said above. She was weird and off her second year there, but I'm sad I'll never see her as a DCC, tbh. She was a knockout the way Kelsey L was

I saw a scene the other day where Kelli asked Judy "would Vivian turn your head at the mall?"  And Judy said "no."  Even Kelli was like "really?" 

Vivian was gorgeous.  

On 9/2/2020 at 3:24 PM, kalibean said:

Also have Pluto on in the background and always felt that Antebellum All Stars performance at Six Flags was so awkward.  And some of those gals weren’t really uniform ready to the current standard. (Or HD friendly!)

I didn't even understand what that was.  Were those real DCC?  They, um, didn't quite look like it.  Why were they dancing at Six Flags?

On 9/7/2020 at 4:18 PM, dariafan said:

I got the impression that she was raised very conservatively and that "sexy dancing" wasn't part of the plan growing up.  Or even dancing at all.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, 88Keys said:

I saw a scene the other day where Kelli asked Judy "would Vivian turn your head at the mall?"  And Judy said "no."  Even Kelli was like "really?" 

Vivian was gorgeous.  

I didn't even understand what that was.  Were those real DCC?  They, um, didn't quite look like it.  Why were they dancing at Six Flags?

I got the impression that she was raised very conservatively and that "sexy dancing" wasn't part of the plan growing up.  Or even dancing at all.

I thought they were the all stars...or maybe just some alum. 

8 hours ago, 88Keys said:

Vivian was gorgeous.  

I saw that too. Have seen that many times. It's funny because in season 9 when they're discussing Vivian at auditions, Judy was like, "Oh, yeah, I thought she was beautiful, and then I was like, 'Oh, right, that's Vivian!'"

She was more of a head turner than literally 99% of their other cheerleaders lol

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

I saw that too. Have seen that many times. It's funny because in season 9 when they're discussing Vivian at auditions, Judy was like, "Oh, yeah, I thought she was beautiful, and then I was like, 'Oh, right, that's Vivian!'"

She was more of a head turner than literally 99% of their other cheerleaders lol

She was also a nice change of pace than the typical skinny blondes of the DCC.  I'm not a fan of diversity just for the sake of diversity (like letting a crappy dancer on the team just because she happens to be Latina), but that wasn't the case here.  She was a gorgeous brunette and a powerful dancer.

• Love 2
On 9/6/2020 at 2:57 AM, MrsEVH said:

Ashley as a 2013 PBC. She looks a little stiff here too. Starts @ 1:55

https://youtu.be/rTPEO4u9P8s?t=115

Agreed! She seems like a lovely person but every clip of her dancing (from the show or from pro bowl vids) she just looks wrong. Her dancing style is just really odd - maybe something to do with how stiff her head and neck movements are? 

• Love 4
On 9/9/2020 at 2:33 PM, Mabinogia said:

I added that, about time of month, because when I have my period my energy is depleted, I am more susceptible to heat and getting up and participating in some inane activity in a hot, crowded place would be the last thing on earth I would want to do. Fortunately, I am finally going through menopause so now it's just the forking hot flashes that screw with me constantly. I wasn't even remotely thinking of it on an emotional level. I was purely thinking of the physical fatigue that can come with a bad period. For some of us, getting our period is far more than just throwing on a pad or tampon and going about our lives. It can be physically debilitating and yes, emotionally draining. 

Thanks for the clarification - point taken.  I probably should have been a bit more clear - going back to read, it looked as if I were attacking you.  I really meant it as a blanket statement for the comment in general (as if saying "you" when you don't really mean the specific person).  Most of the time, that comment is rendered as an insensitive remark to a woman showing some form of emotion (which obviously rubs me a little wrong!).

Sorry to derail the topic for a hot minute with my PSA. Carry on.  :)

• Love 3
16 hours ago, vanillagum said:

Vivian started to come across as a self absorbed airhead...Really beautiful, for sure, but fascinated by her reflection in the mirror to the point Kelli got after her for it "we've told you you're pretty, stop looking at yourself in the mirror"...everything seemed to be funny to her toward the end, including critiques...and she continued to make the same mistakes. Bold dancer, yes...but Bold Wrong get's you cut.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Most of the time, that comment is rendered as an insensitive remark to a woman showing some form of emotion (which obviously rubs me a little wrong!).

I hadn't noticed at all. lol Kidding. I get your point, and reading back I can see how it could have been taken as "she's bitchy today because...". I saw it more as her being tired, or just not feeling great she she sat out on the activities, which I could have clarified better. 

There are as many different ways to experience your period as their are women who experience them. I was thinking about my own experience and thought "that is exactly how I would have acted in that situation if I were having my period". I just assumed you all could read my mind. 🙂

18 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

Vivian started to come across as a self absorbed airhead.

That's why I think she never really made the team. It had nothing to do with her looks. She can be very pretty (not the most beautiful to me, but beauty is subjective), but the more I got to see of her the less attractive she became because she just came across as delusional to me. Not a good ambassador risk no matter how pretty she is. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Who is your favorite 1 and done ?

Mandy and Kat Rogers. Mandy was the quintessential DCC and there was something endearing about Kat to me. I probably liked her because she was older but still looked so young. I also liked how Kelli said she listened to critique and improved every single week. 

• Love 3

Who is your favorite 1 and done ?

I really liked Courtney from Season 9 (the former Tampa Bay cheerleader). She was attention-grabbing for me from her first scenes at prelims. She also seemed very real in her journey to become a DCC, including all the struggles.

• Love 7