Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: Aaron's Story LIVE CHAT

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Reminder: Please do not discuss politics via topic of disability/Medicare & "stealing from the public". Only address issues related to people on the show, not everyone in a given group.  Let's veer away from assumptions that head us down that slope.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, LizzyB said:

YES!  They look like twins...I kept thinking, "he looks familiar..." but I couldn't place it!  You nailed it!  Thank you.

Yes thank you times three ----- I also thought he looked like someone else I'd seen earlier.....its the hair and overall body 'shape' or lack thereof

8 minutes ago, AnnaBaptist said:

New Braunfels looks beautiful. I tend to think of Texas as being mostly flat and brown, so this is a pleasant surprise.

It has one of the best water parks in the country;  maybe he can lose enough to take Margaret's children there.

3 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

A-a-Ron, your dad is right, move forward.  Toughen up kiddo.

So his dad would have been 45ish when Aaron was born.   I am not sure where I am going with that thought.  

I think I will go out and look at the supermoon.

See you next time,  if there is a next time.   

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, AnnaBaptist said:

Good to know. I have been to Dallas, Houston, Lubbock, Odessa, and El Paso, so you can see where I got the impression that it is brown and flat. Looks like I need to visit the Hill country!

You will enjoy it, I promise! So much to do and see. 

• Love 2

Ooooooo! Mystery Pounder next week! I guess they're still editing [fill in the blank]'s episode hence the lack of an actual preview.

5 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Right? I think maybe Aaron was a "sissy" kid in his father's eyes.  Or that was Aaron's perception. And unless dad beat him black and blue, I've got very little sympathy for him being punished. 

I am reminded of Amber, who swore that het parents were "totally disappointed by her, even though they wouldn't ever ever ever admit it."

Her parents were fine with her. She was disappointed in herself.

• Love 6

Wow, 315 pounds down is amazing! I can really see the difference now, especially moving around and no more labored breathing. Great job Aaron!

Edited to add: Now go out and get a scale! There are plenty of them out there that go up to 400 pounds.

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Additional comments.
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Twopper said:

I think I will go out and look at the supermoon.

See you next time,  if there is a next time.   

Right behind you @Twopper. this one was a snoozer for me.

The Supermoon......well, that's just Super!!!!!!!

See y'all next week - hopefully, it won't be as boring as this episode was......................

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

Ooooooo! Mystery Pounder next week! I guess they're still editing [fill in the blank]'s episode hence the lack of an actual preview.

According to my DVR, next week is Kelly, who is nearly immobile and has to journey to Houston. Drama ensues. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
Just now, DC Gal in VA said:

Wow, 315 pounds down is amazing! I can really see the difference now, especially moving around and no more labored breathing. Great job Aaron!

And now he basically weighs what Whitney does - only he’s probably 8 - 10 inches taller

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

According to my DVR, next week is Kelly, who is nearly immobile and has to journey to Houston. Drama ensues. 

Please let it be the utter trainwreck we desire!

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

See you guys next week. I'm gonna watch 'In the Kitchen w/David' on QVC. They're selling food right now. Of course.

Edited by aliya
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Who's the yokel in the baseball cap?

I assume the baby daddy.

1 minute ago, Oh My. said:

I like this guy and his emotional growth.  So refreshing

Love seeing a success story!

I liked Aaron. I'm glad he was successful.

• Love 6

I know it wasn't a barn burner tonight but, after Jeanne last week, I really needed an episode like Aaron's. Glad he and his dad made peace. Overall so happy for him.

Night all! See you on the regular episode thread.

• Love 10

New Braunfels is about 20 miles outside San Antonio.  It was a German settlement and it retains much of the German flavor, including an annual Wurstfest.  There are even still a few people for whom German is their first language, although it’s a dialect that has American influence (like Spanglish but with German).  It’s a very charming place, although metro San Antonio is encroaching on it.

The La Fiesta groceries cater to the Hispanic population.  I was surprised they were showing one in New Braunfels, and my quick Google doesn’t show any outside San Antonio.  I suspect that scene was scripted, and their local grocery is a HEB.  Most of the HEBs have curbside pickup for a nominal price ($5 I think), so I would think that the trip to the store that was shown was unnecessary.

I’m biased and think the entire state is beautiful, but absolutely come see Central and south Texas!

• Love 5