Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Don't Go Breaking My Heart

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Please do not post real time information in the episode threads.  We accept the show as it is shown in these threads.  Leave the juicy gossip, social media references, etc. to the family threads.

• Start Topic

Paige's jealousy rages when Bernie and Brandy go to dinner.  Jeff receives shocking news from Jennifer. The Snowdens must win over Vanessa's twin, Adrienne, or they risk jeopardizing the relationship, and the Winders get a dating hit online!

PPAL seriously questions the exclamation point provided by TLC as they doubt it will be that exciting.  Also, most of this description could have been used for last week's episode.

Original air date 2019.03.17

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

PPAL seriously questions the exclamation point provided by TLC as they doubt it will be that exciting.  Also, most of this description could have been used for last week's episode.

Original air date 2019.03.17

No kidding!!  Oops - TWO exclamation points..... I excited myself in replying to your post.  Clearly that's the most excitement I will get tonight, despite the "new" episode.   We saw it all in the previews.  Not showing the Briney footage has made this season D    R      A     G   by slowly.    They just don't have enough fodder to make a full season without them.   They've probably added 20 minutes of additional commercials per hour episode, which certainly must have pleased the sponsors.  :::::ZzzZzZzz..z...snore....ZZ.z.z.z.::::::::

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Paige clearly does not want her husband dating other women.  If I were Brandi, I would sleep with one eye open.  I don't trust her.

Edited by Adeejay
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Bernie will say all the right things to Paige but it really comes down to the fact he is a horn dog who wants sex with somebody who is not Paige.

Imagine Bernie getting another woman  pregnant, yikes! 

Edited by DVDFreaker
  • Love 2

I haven’t paid enough attention to these doofi to remember their names, but the people who invited that woman to stay with them who is now claiming to have been hospitalized need to seriously take a hint.  Let it go, for God’s sake.  I feel like I’m watching my teenage daughter chase a boy who is not at all into her.  Frankly, it’s embarrassing for all concerned.  (I know how silly I sound, haha.  This is TLC.  Everything, and I mean everything, is fodder for a storyline, contrived or otherwise.)

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • LOL 8
  • Love 12

Paige never should have suggested this lifestyle to Bernie, because now she's changed her mind, and he will not stop.  She has put the thought in his head that he can "legally" cheat, and he is going to hold her to it.

If I were Bernie I would be afraid of waking up with my penis "separated" from my body.  That Paige is all sorts of wacko.

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, DVDFreaker said:

I hope the couple will let Jay go, she does not seem comfortable being videotaped 

I thought it was bizarre that while everybody ELSE puts a photo on their profile, "Jay" has a sunset.  She would turn out to be 600 pounds or even a guy who is catfishing or a 65 year old woman pretending to be 25.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

I thought it was bizarre that while everybody ELSE puts a photo on their profile, "Jay" has a sunset.  She would turn out to be 600 pounds or even a guy who is catfishing or a 65 year old woman pretending to be 25.

That is very true but she agreed to be Facetimed before they told her about the TV show 

• Love 7

I just don't think Brandy cares as much as she's pretending to. Bernie is just ughh. I hope Paige finally tells the truth next week and stops carrying on this charade. Even the oldest boy is coming around. She's in for a world of hurt.

I'm pretty sick of Sophie and her shit. I hope they do get a 3rd wife and she gives Sophie HELL. 

I think Ashley and Dmitri were on their best behavior for the sisters. 

Wow, Jennifer was lying??? 😲

Yeah this episode was pretty snoozeworthy. OT: "Jazz" seems pretty annoying and obnoxious. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
57 minutes ago, DVDFreaker said:

The lady making terrible excuses is weird and I wonder what is her motive is 

I think she just wanted her 15 mins. You can tell that she thinks she's all that and would never really be interested in this setup, especially with that creepy old man. I believe she said she was an aspiring actress. Probably thought this was her big break to be discovered. 

Edited by Lady of nod
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
Just now, Lady of nod said:

I think she just wanted her 15 mins. You can tell that she thinks she's all that and would never really be interested in this setup, especially with that creepy old man. I believe she said she was an inspiring actress. Probably thought this was her big break to be discovered. 

She was discovered, alright.  As a wishy-washy loon.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

Is Ashley pregnant? I’ve been wondering this for awhile. She looks pregnant in every talking head. Every shot. I understand she has recently had a baby (well several months ago?) but for someone that eats like a bird and is into fitness I would find it surprising to have that much extra weight for so long. 

Edited by MoodyGirl
  • Love 7

I just don't get the Alldredges. I guess they have to at least pretend to be looking for a sister wife since they're on this show, but they seem to be happy already! They have a dynamic that's working for them: all three low key, and nobody who wants to hog the spotlight. I just don't see what they can possibly gain by finding another one. 

Ironically, though, the Alldredges are having the least success, and they are the most stable family by far. I can't believe these freak show families are having better luck finding another wife!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 11

I don’t understand how these men think they can support multiple wives and scores of children. Especially a man like Kermit (Colton) who already has women living in separate apartments. I guess Dimitri and Ashley are wealthy but the rest don’t seem to be.

• Love 7

Well, I'm glad Jeff Aldredge showed some initiative and called the hospital to find out the obvious truth about Jennifer.  Put a stop to the deceptions.  Time for them to move on, and as others have also mentioned quit while you are ahead.  But, if 3 wives at a minimum is a spiritual target, I guess they will have to keep looking. Maybe send Vanessa Cobb's half sister (who has seemed supportive of Vanessa joining the Snowden family circus in last weeks episode) over to the Alldredges.

Question, was Vanessa Alldredge on camera at  the Brown daughters wedding?

Brandi's daughter Brie comes off as a really sweet girl, the type I wish my son would meet.  Please, please God don't let Bernies weirdness contaminate her.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Something is off with Brandi that she is so eager to cling to them and doesn't want to leave.

Definitely. She's like scared to death to go home like she might miss her "chance". I wonder how they are living back in Whereverthefuck. 

• Love 7

McGee’s son is so isolated by his parents’ bad behavior that the best part of the weekend is being able to talk to someone?  Even though it means his mom is a crying mess?  That poor kid needs to be allowed to go to school and/or be involved with social activities for kids his age.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, rob in cal said:

Well, I'm glad Jeff Aldredge showed some initiative and called the hospital to find out the obvious truth about Jennifer.  Put a stop to the deceptions.  Time for them to move on, and as others have also mentioned quit while you are ahead.  But, if 3 wives at a minimum is a spiritual target, I guess they will have to keep looking. Maybe send Vanessa Cobb's half sister (who has seemed supportive of Vanessa joining the Snowden family circus in last weeks episode) over to the Alldredges.

Brandi's daughter Brie comes off as a really sweet girl, the type I wish my son would meet.  Please, please God don't let Bernies weirdness contaminate her.

I saw Jeff in the background when Aspyn and Mitch were dancing.  He was in the second row, on the other side from the Browns. 

• Love 2

Was last season better than this one?   I didn't see it, but I guess it must have been or there wouldn't be this season 2 which so far is not very impressive.

I was pretty sure that Adrienne would cave, and be like "if Vanessa is happy, I am happy" and sister Amy was ok with it  from the beginning. I like the idea that Dimitri and Ashley aren't married, because it seems that if you are going to do polygamy, the only fair way is for there not to be a legal wife.  Maybe it is because they aren't religious in the same way as the Aldredges and Winders, that this really doesn't seem like a true plural marriage to me.  More like a threesome with children, if that makes sense.

Not sure what is with Jennifer and the Alredges (or however they spell it) because if she wanted her 15 minutes of fame I would think she would want as much camera time as possible,  but she cancels' her "date" with the women, and she fails to go to their farm.  As others have mentioned, they seem quite content the way they are.  Is there a "perfect" number of wives in plural marriage?

I don't blame the Winders' contact for not wanting her first face time experience to be filmed, and I understand  TLC would want it.  I think a compromise could be easily reached.  If they wanted to continue talking with her, then they could report on the progress.  If they didn't, then they could just say it didn't work out and start seeking again.  After all the title is "seeking sister wife," not "finding sister wife."

Now to the McGees-- I  still want to know why Brandi is so interested in them.  I know they had some face time contact prior to her getting there, but my impression of her was that she would have leaped into bed with old Bernie the instant they met had the others not been around.  She is just too damn eager.  And I do not understand why her daughter Bre is so enthusiastic about joining the family.  I really worry that Bernie will want her, too,  or that Brandi will encourage a relationship between Bre and the older McGee boy.   I still see Brandi as a con artist, and I don't think the McGees are bright enough to see it.  She'll take the TLC money and run as soon as the McGees are off the air, which looks like it will be sooner rather than later, although I would love to watch them trying to find a sister wife from a jail cell.  

Edited by Twopper
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

Was last season better than this one?   I didn't see it, but I guess it must have been or there wouldn't be this season 2 which so far is not very impressive.

I was pretty sure that Adrienne would cave, and be like "if Vanessa is happy, I am happy" and sister Amy was ok with it  from the beginning. I like the idea that Dimitri and Ashley aren't married, because it seems that if you are going to do polygamy, the only fair way is for there not to be a legal wife.  Maybe it is because they aren't religious in the same way as the Aldredges and Winders, that this really doesn't seem like a true plural marriage to me.  More like a threesome with children, if that makes sense.

Not sure what is with Jennifer and the Alredges (or however they spell it) because if she wanted her 15 minutes of fame I would think she would want as much camera time as possible,  but she cancels' her "date" with the women, and she fails to go to their farm.  As others have mentioned, they seem quite content the way they are.  Is there a "perfect" number of wives in plural marriage?

Edited by Kyanight
12 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

I hope Paige knows she can "have a bond" with another woman without having to share them with her husband, it's called a FRIEND.

Something is off with Brandi that she is so eager to cling to them and doesn't want to leave.

I'm convinced that Brandi is fed up with her hardscrabble life as a single parent, she probably has a crap job and a shitty apartment and trouble making ends meet. The dating pool in her area is likely shallow and her dating life is, shall we say, disappointing? If she manages to land old creepy Bernie she gets a nice home, a husband (someone else's, but hey, its a quibble), and some modicum of security.

12 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

I haven’t paid enough attention to these doofi to remember their names, but the people who invited that woman to stay with them who is now claiming to have been hospitalized need to seriously take a hint.  Let it go, for God’s sake.  I feel like I’m watching my teenage daughter chase a boy who is not at all into her.  Frankly, it’s embarrassing for all concerned.  (I know how silly I sound, haha.  This is TLC.  Everything, and I mean everything, is fodder for a storyline, contrived or otherwise.)

And could they at least pretend to be concerned, if they're playing along? "She's in intensive care, her appendix burst". Crickets. Pretend to care, at least. "wow, I hope she's OK".

11 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I just don't get the Alldredges. I guess they have to at least pretend to be looking for a sister wife since they're on this show, but they seem to be happy already! They have a dynamic that's working for them: all three low key, and nobody who wants to hog the spotlight. I just don't see what they can possibly gain by finding another one. 

Ironically, though, the Alldredges are having the least success, and they are the most stable family by far. I can't believe these freak show families are having better luck finding another wife!

Don't they have to have a third to go to heaven, or get their own planet, or whatever?

11 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I don’t understand how these men think they can support multiple wives and scores of children. Especially a man like Kermit (Colton) who already has women living in separate apartments. I guess Dimitri and Ashley are wealthy but the rest don’t seem to be.

The women get various forms of government assistance. There's only one legal wife. The rest are single mothers with no visible means of support.

• Love 5

I am almost sure in the Alldredges  case the producers contacted Jennifer and found out the real deal.  This is being played out for sake of the show.  I feel bad for them they do seem like nice people who were treated badly and mislead by this Jennifer.

Edited by LucyEth
  • Love 6

I agree that Ashley looks pregnant again- and she has made it crystal clear she is tired of being a brood mare- better hurry up and let Dimitri and Ashley go to the next step. 

Makes me wonder if Ashley only agreed to polygamy because they don’t believe in birth control and Dimitri will continue to get her pregnant unless they find another brood mare. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

I agree that Ashley looks pregnant again- and she has made it crystal clear she is tired of being a brood mare- better hurry up and let Dimitri and Ashley go to the next step. 

Makes me wonder if Ashley only agreed to polygamy because they don’t believe in birth control and Dimitri will continue to get her pregnant unless they find another brood mare. 

What is in this for Vanessa? That's what I keep asking myself. She's not an equal partner. Ashley calls the shots. Vanessa left her home, her job, to be with these fools. What possible benefit could she derive from it?

And her sister deserves an Oscar for her performance "They're lovely!" Yeah, no. You could still see the worry in her eyes. The more I see Ashley and Dmitri, the creepier I find them.

• Love 17

Bernie was so gross - red faced and sweaty- asking “what next” after mini golf. Obviously he wanted to go to an hourly motel and get it on with Brandi. 

I call BS on Vanessa. Just another fame whore like Jennifer. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
14 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Bernie will say all the right things to Paige but it really comes down to the fact he is a horn dog who wants sex with somebody who is not Paige.

I just watched this show for the first time last night.  I think that too (he is a horn dog) that he is looking for an affair, he should just divorce and be single.  I sure didn't understand his wife either, I am assuming she is not too supportive of even having a sister wife.  I don't know if they are Mormon but seems like Brandi is probably not wanting to have anymore babies either. I don't really get a lot of these so-called polygamists...... that is what I do know 😬

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

I hope Paige knows she can "have a bond" with another woman without having to share them with her husband, it's called a FRIEND.

She is smitten with him lol I find it especially 'off' that her teen daughter is so supportive.

• Love 6

I'm getting a "Here's your one chance, Fancy, don't let me down" vibe with Brandy, only it's herself she's putting out there, not her daughter.  Do they have a home to go to or are they living in their car? I can't imagine being excited by Skeezy McGee and wanting to move you and your daughter into his home. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
10 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I'm getting a "Here's your one chance, Fancy, don't let me down" vibe with Brandy, only it's herself she's putting out there, not her daughter.  Do they have a home to go to or are they living in their car? I can't imagine being excited by Skeezy McGee and wanting to move you and your daughter into his home. 

It's really bizarre.  But there are a LOT of women who HAVE to have a man to support them (my sister and niece are two of them), and maybe she isn't having any luck on the dating scene.   

• Love 3

Yeah, I don't think needy hangdog Brandi is beating them off with a stick. She's 41, she's on her own, she has a teenage daughter and she clearly feels unequal to raising her. Polygamy gives her a ready made family, a community, and someone to share the burden.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, rob in cal said:

I caught a couple of glimpses of Vanessa at Aspyn and Mitch's wedding.

Bree does seem like a very nice girl. I think maybe Brandi and Bree have been alone for a long time and are lonely. They like the idea of a ready-made family. I hope they didn't get too badly screwed over by the McGees. 

• Love 2

I’ve also questioned if Brandi and Bernie are closer than they’re leading on. We already know that he’s up to no good online with the sex talk. Could he have been chatting it up with Brandi and getting cozier than Paige is aware of? It would explain why she’s crying about leaving and seems so attached already. It would also explain why HE singled Brandi out to come visit. 

Edited by Lellend
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Especially after the man's wife had a nervous breakdown when Brandi went out the front door with him.  Just thinking about a sobbing wife at home--and how could you not--would surely kill any romantic feeling for Brandi (I think Bernie is so horny nothing would give him a soft-off).

The irony, of course, is that this was Paige's idea in the first place.  Bernie jumped on with both feet, but she is the one who felt called by god to be a sister-wife.  

I was touched that the older son said the best thing about having Brandi and Bree there was having someone else to talk to.  I know those boys are home-schooled, but I thought home-schoolers went out of their way to socialize their kids--sports teams, art classes, etc.--and this is apparently not the McGee way.  What a shame that is--the older boy, especially, has a lot to say and seems interested in a lot of things.  He *needs* more people to talk to, including people his own age.

• Love 8

That whole scene with Bernie 'comforting' (or convincing; whatever it was he was doing) Paige I was distracted by the bug (spider?) on the wall behind them. I thought it was on my TV screen then Bernie moved & the thing started running.

Poor thing didn't want any part of this crap either. 🕷️

Edited by gonecrackers
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1