Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: Aspyn's Royal Wedding

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Ya know, I keep going back and forth on Hannah. I like her spunk and high individualism. Yet, she was (in my opinion) dressed inappropriately for that type of wedding.  Was she rubbing the SWs nose in the fact that she could dress sexy and they couldn't, or was it an attempt to upstage the bride? I think she looked nice for a night of clubbing, but maybe not so much for the "mother of the groom" role.

The slit in the skirt and the beading on the shoulders may have been a bit OTT for a daytime event, but this was offset by the spirit of joie de vivre that radiated from her.  She was there to celebrate the wedding and did it in her own way, the genuine smile didn't leave her face in any clip I saw of her.  I don't think she was trying to rub noses or upstage anyone, this is just who she is and it probably didn't occur to her to dress down to conform to anyone else's image of what may be appropriate.

I think she will be a great MIL to Aspyn and a caring, fun-filled grandma to future grandbabies.

• Love 22
45 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

My husband's mother was the same way.  I don't know if you saw the wedding photo I posted, but her dress was fairly low cut and showed an ample amount of boobs - and she was the mother of the groom.  Polygamists are as varied as any group of people.     I think that is just Hannah's personality, I don't think she was trying to make any points to the Brown wives.

Yeah, have to agree, she's not a fan of the SWs; not that I blame her. However, I believe that, as she was walking down the aisle when the ceremony began, the side slit on her dress was so high that I spotted a portion of undergarment, but that may have been the lighting.  If so, that would just take away from the look she was trying so desperately to create.

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
Phone acting up
33 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Thinking about your comment . . . I think you've just described a female Kody!!!  Other than I don't think many of us think of him as having spunk and high individualism.  We just think he's a narcissist.  Maybe Hannah is, too.

ETA:  Which may explain why her husband looked totally fed up when Kody was giving his speech at the reception.  He was thinking, "Oh, crap.  There's a male one who is just like her."

GREAT POINT!  Will the Brownie Clan survive the onslaught of a Cootie Couple? Stay tuned to find out! 😛

• LOL 5
4 minutes ago, lma said:

I think Kody is fascinated by Hannah. If she’d have him, he’d be trying to recruit her as the 5th (and for more seasons and $$$).

I also think some of the SWs seem somewhat intimidated by her too, especially Robyn who said something about Hannah’s life being lonely. I like that Hannah is who she is. Probably why the whole plyg thing didn’t work out.

Hannah's parents were polygamists but her own marriage was monogamous.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, lma said:

Yes that is my point. Even though plygdom is a part of her family history, she knew it wouldn’t work for her. 

I get the impression that she'd go for it if it made a television gig possible.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, lma said:

I think Kody is fascinated by Hannah. If she’d have him, he’d be trying to recruit her as the 5th (and for more seasons and $$$).

I also think some of the SWs seem somewhat intimidated by her too, especially Robyn who said something about Hannah’s life being lonely. I like that Hannah is who she is. Probably why the whole plyg thing didn’t work out.

I also think Robyn has some sort of problem with her and it prob stems from Kody being enamored of her.  She is confident and does her own thing.  Something his wives are not.  She did look genuinely happy.  

• Love 17
58 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

Probably trying to show the ex what he's not getting anymore, as well as sticking it to any current woman he may be with. That was a deliberate look, no doubt!

I thought the same thing—that it (the outfit) was somehow directed at the ex.

Could have been that she wanted to look sexy to show him what he’s missing? Or—

Maybe he was controlling in the marriage about what she should or should not wear? Now she can basically say, “I’ll wear what I please!”

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, lma said:

You may be on to something there. For now, though, I still like her. 

I would definitely watch this play out, but hopefully she’s better than that. Who knows.

I'm telling you folks, you are barking up the wrong tree!  This is KODY we are talking about here.  He sees himself as this 20 year old Fabio with fabulous wavy hair and he clearly thinks his body is a 20 year old's too, the way he struts and how he posed in his kilt.  That fake news story about Kody courting a 28 year old (who refused his proposal because Robyn has his ball hair's too tightly in her knuckles) makes a LOT more sense than Kody marrying a grandmother.  Not going to happen.

Edited by Kyanight
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

This is KODY we are talking about here. 

I have to agree.  He's only go to go after fresh meat if Hatchet Face turns him loose.  But I think it will be cold day in hell before she does.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Wouldn’t the purpose of another wife be to bear more children? Or not necessarily?

I’d watch if Kody took another wife— even more so if it were Hannah, lol. 

He’d be marrying his daughter’s MIL, who would also be another one of her “ moms “ and he’d be his SIL’s stepdad, too. I guess it would be following tradition where Janelle’s mother married Kody’s father. 

• LOL 5

Trying to think about all the twists and turns in the Brown Clown family tree would be migraine-inducing.

Yes, Kootie thinks he's truly God's gift to womankind.  But as Kyanight pointed out, Sponge Robyn Square Head has him by the getting-shorter-all-the-time ball hairs.  The chances of a 5th wife are slim to none.  But I would watch the shit out of that, whomever the unfortunate woman might be.  Pray that one away, SRSH!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

In the west it is the groom's family responsibility, too.  

In the midwest the groom's family pays for the rehearsal dinner too - at least in Minnesota we do.

Edited to add:   I thought the hats looked kinda dorky.  Sorry Brown wives.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I'm telling you folks, you are barking up the wrong tree!  This is KODY we are talking about here.  He sees himself as this 20 year old Fabio with fabulous wavy hair and he clearly thinks his body is a 20 year old's too, the way he struts and how he posed in his kilt.  That fake news story about Kody courting a 28 year old (who refused his proposal because Robyn has his ball hair's too tightly in her knuckles) makes a LOT more sense than Kody marrying a grandmother.  Not going to happen.

Absolutely correct.  They couldn't make a story line out of him adopting her grown children.

• LOL 6
1 minute ago, AZChristian said:

Absolutely correct.  They couldn't make a story line out of him adopting her grown children.

Which is really sad.  I would LOVE to see him divorce Robyn and marry a new chickypoo.  Especially since (as Robyn SO tearfully said) the license is only a piece of paper.   ::::Sweet smile::::::

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
Just now, deirdra said:

Hannah would not want to marry a controlling fool like Kody; she enjoys her independence.  Only people with pathetic lives, like Robyn, would think Hannah is lonely.

I have to disagree. For all we know, Hannah might be lonely - or she may take a new lover every other month. I don't begrudge Robyn for not wanting to be single and wondering if someone who is might be lonely. 

Humans are social creatures, and the need to pair off is innate. Sometimes that doesn't happen; sometimes it happens and through circumstances one then finds themselves alone, and they go on and build an interesting life and are perfectly fine being single from then on. Some people can't stand being alone and always have the next one lined up. Everyone has their own story, but I do think it is completely natural to want a partner, and to wonder if those that don't have one are lonely. It's ok for Robyn to wonder and maybe even feel a little sorry for Hannah, just as it's ok to think that Hannah has it made. 

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Trying to think about all the twists and turns in the Brown Clown family tree would be migraine-inducing.

Yes, Kootie thinks he's truly God's gift to womankind.  But as Kyanight pointed out, Sponge Robyn Square Head has him by the getting-shorter-all-the-time ball hairs.  The chances of a 5th wife are slim to none.  But I would watch the shit out of that, whomever the unfortunate woman might be.  Pray that one away, SRSH!

You don’t think Kody waxes? Seems like it would be nice to have less of a “delivery system” to share among so many 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

You don’t think Kody waxes? Seems like it would be nice to have less of a “delivery system” to share among so many 

Now I am sitting here thinking about Kody's man bits - thanks a lot!  😄😄😄

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

Now I am sitting here thinking about Kody's man bits - thanks a lot!  😄😄😄

Well they aren't waxed.  He would never touch his golden balls in any way that might sting for a second.  Plus he thinks he is perfect like nature intended.  Plus - Robyn wouldn't allow it.  Then she couldn't have anything to pull when things aren't going her way.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
44 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

Everyone has their own story, but I do think it is completely natural to want a partner, and to wonder if those that don't have one are lonely.

Seriously?  Don't cry for me Argentina.

• Love 16
On 3/19/2019 at 10:25 AM, DaphneCat said:

In her talking head Christine WAS saying that polygamy should be legal - not that it should just be decriminalized.  (She was going on about the fact that she will never be allowed to have a legal marriage certificate.)  It's already been essentially decriminalized as most states will only use it as a charge when charging a person for other things - like marrying under age little girls and food stamp fraud.  I honestly don't believe the majority of people care what others do in terms of calling any number of people husband, wife, whatever but I do think most people would have a major problem if polygamy was legal and sanctioned by the state.  This is because, to avoid discrimination, the state couldn't just say it's OK for a man to marry several women - the state would have to pretty much say that ANY configuration of consenting adults can be legal.  Imagine the logistical nightmare of writing legislation dealing with all possible configurations.  How about the tax code?  What about divorce laws?  How do you go about deciding custody and visitation?  Child support?  Family court would become much more complicated than it already is.

On a semi-related note, if you've ever watched the Lifetime show Escaping Polygamy the girls frequently mention things like uncles/half-uncles marrying their nieces.  Other than being REALLY creepy I'm sort of surprised this is not also used as a way to prosecute these men.  Maybe because they never acknowledge it?

Good points.  This is something that I don't think Christine or even Kody really consider.  Marriage is actually a legal contract.  By virtue of that contract the parties are entitled to certain benefits and are bound to certain responsibilities.  If the number of parties who can constitute  "legal spouses," is more than one, it puts a huge glitch in many laws, programs and policies throughout our country. 

As you said, Social Security is one example.  Who gets husband's benefits after he dies, if he had contributions during his life time, but, he had 4 legal wives, 2 who never worked and 2 who made less money that he did and now they are all ready to collect social security? 

It just seems unfeasible to consider all the potential fallout and to conduct a modification of most of our laws, codes, policies, both state and federal.  I don't think that I'm being closed minded about it either.

AND, why are we to be so inspired to support this practice as worthy of expansion and obtaining legitimacy, when, based on what we have seen on tv, it's fraught with misery, dysfunction and heartache.  I mean, just the number of WALLS these people build just to endure plural marriage.......WHY should we open the door to expand it? Seems like a vestige of their faith that has little function any longer.  And, it seems to suck the life as those who continue to hang on.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 11

I can see Kody wanting a piece of Hannah's hat empire, but I CANNOT see Hannah giving up any of her independence.  She appears to enjoy her life too much.  Imagine this, though.  Mitch would be his wife's step brother; his mother's son AND son-in-law; Kody's step son and son-in-law.  Aspyn would be married to her own step brother!  AAAAH!

• LOL 11
5 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

I can see Kody wanting a piece of Hannah's hat empire, but I CANNOT see Hannah giving up any of her independence.  She appears to enjoy her life too much.  Imagine this, though.  Mitch would be his wife's step brother; his mother's son AND son-in-law; Kody's step son and son-in-law.  Aspyn would be married to her own step brother!  AAAAH!

Yeah in these close knit Polyg communities, the family tree is more like a wreath.

Janelle, who was Meri's sister-in-law and Kody's step-sister (her mom married Winn, Kody's dad), divorced her husband (Meri's brother) and married Kody. I also heard that somehow Christine and Kody are second cousins. 

So I guess if Kody were to marry Hannah (not that it would happen in reality, I agree)--it probably wouldn't seem so strange to them or their community.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Seriously?  Don't cry for me Argentina.

Yes, seriously. It's completely natural to want a partner in life, and it's normal to wonder about other people. Doesn't mean that what one is wondering is true, just that it's not unusual to wonder. 

I know people who've been alone for brief periods and are very lonely, and people who've been alone for years, even decades, and are doing just fine. And everything in between.  

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

Yes, seriously. It's completely natural to want a partner in life, and it's normal to wonder about other people. Doesn't mean that what one is wondering is true, just that it's not unusual to wonder. 

I know people who've been alone for brief periods and are very lonely, and people who've been alone for years, even decades, and are doing just fine. And everything in between.  

Well if anyone is looking at me and wondering, I would MUCH rather be alone than be with a dick of a husband.   Sometimes I see married people in public who can hardly seem to stand each other and I wonder why they stay together.  I guess we all wonder, lol.

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Well if anyone is looking at me and wondering, I would MUCH rather be alone than be with a dick of a husband.   Sometimes I see married people in public who can hardly seem to stand each other and I wonder why they stay together.  I guess we all wonder, lol.

Yes indeed, lol! That is the flip side of the coin - seeing couples who appear to be miserable who stay together year after year after year. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

Yes indeed, lol! That is the flip side of the coin - seeing couples who appear to be miserable who stay together year after year after year. 

To be fair, you see plenty of monogamous couples like that, too. It’s always sad, whatever they tell themselves about having to stay together or being afraid not to. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

To be fair, you see plenty of monogamous couples like that, too. It’s always sad, whatever they tell themselves about having to stay together or being afraid not to. 

Oh absolutely! Polygamists haven't cornered the market on unhappiness, that's for sure! There are plenty of miserable monogamists. It always made me sad at my old store when I saw a bickering older couple sniping at each other as they shopped. But then I always smiled and got the warm fuzzies when I saw an older couple holding hands and being sweet to each other. 

I just want everyone to be happy, regardless of what that looks like to them! I'm corny lol.

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

Sorry, you are viewing what is "natural" from your own perspective.  Please don't paint everyone with the same brush.  And while it's fine to wonder about others it's not acceptable to judge them based on whether or not they have a partner.   

Bonding is innate, pairing off is not. 

• Love 12
22 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Sorry, you are viewing what is "natural" from your own perspective.  Please don't paint everyone with the same brush.  And while it's fine to wonder about others it's not acceptable to judge them based on whether or not they have a partner.   

Bonding is innate, pairing off is not. 

People judge other people based on all kinds of criteria - this very forum is loaded with tons of judgements, many based on nothing more than conjecture or one's own personal feelings. What is or isn't acceptable with regard to passing judgement is quite subjective.

ETA: Also, I never said I was passing judgement on anyone - I said it was normal to wonder about people. And of course it is natural for humans to want a partner.  That doesn't mean it's abnormal to not want one. What is unnatural about wanting human companionship? I didn't say everyone has to want to get married otherwise they are weirdos.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

And of course it is natural for humans to want a partner. 

Your opinion only.  So please leave out the "of course". 

And I never said it was unnatural to want companionship.  Or bonding.  It's totally natural. 

Again, please don't make generalizations based on your own status.  Maybe your own "need" is to pair up.  But it isn't innate in the entire human race.  Maybe if more people recognized that, there would be less divorce.  It's that kind of thinking that makes women think their only worth is "paired up" even as far as being one of many in polygamy.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

And I never said it was unnatural to want companionship.  Or bonding.  It's totally natural. 

Again, please don't make generalizations based on your own status.  Maybe your own "need" is to pair up.  But it isn't innate in the entire human race.  Maybe if more people recognized that, there would be less divorce.  It's that kind of thinking that makes women think their only worth is "paired up" even as far as being one of many in polygamy.

I think I will continue to express my opinions as allowed by the rules of this forum, as is the right of us all who post here. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Adiba said:

Yeah in these close knit Polyg communities, the family tree is more like a wreath.

Janelle, who was Meri's sister-in-law and Kody's step-sister (her mom married Winn, Kody's dad), divorced her husband (Meri's brother) and married Kody. I also heard that somehow Christine and Kody are second cousins. 

So I guess if Kody were to marry Hannah (not that it would happen in reality, I agree)--it probably wouldn't seem so strange to them or their community.

Wait wut????????? Seriously - as we say where I hail from---------Oy vey .  I like the analogy of a wreath though- that helps!!!!

4 hours ago, Adiba said:

Wouldn’t the purpose of another wife be to bear more children? Or not necessarily?

I’d watch if Kody took another wife— even more so if it were Hannah, lol. 

He’d be marrying his daughter’s MIL, who would also be another one of her “ moms “ and he’d be his SIL’s stepdad, too. I guess it would be following tradition where Janelle’s mother married Kody’s father. 

When Kody's father, Winn married Janelle's mother, she was well beyond childbearing years.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Adiba said:

Kody and Christine might very well be related, however, they are not second cousins.  One of Christine's sisters attended a wilderness program for polygamist teens that was led by Kody and Meri.  She couldn't stop talking about Kody, so of course Christine had to meet him.  The rest as they say is history.

5 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Well if anyone is looking at me and wondering, I would MUCH rather be alone than be with a dick of a husband.  

There is a saying, "It's better to be alone than to be with the wrong person."

Edited by Adeejay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 3/19/2019 at 10:19 AM, Adiba said:

Ok, I didn’t hear —Or maybe pay attention to Christine. I had always though Kody (and the othe polygamists at the rallies) just wanted it decriminalized.

You are right, though—I have always thought it would be a logistical nightmare for our legal system if polygamy were to be legalized.  Can you imagine all of the different combinations of people who could be married?

Between non-closely related consenting adults—polygamy should not be a crime. If there is fraud, abuse, coercion, incest—prosecute that.

Christine should just print out a spiritual certificate of marriage if she is into a piece of paper. I thought they didn’t really care about the civil earthly marriage so much, anyway. Maybe she’s angling for Kody to divorce Robyn and give her a turn to be the legal wife, lol.

That's actually a really good idea. Someone tell TLC. I'll watch. Robyn would be destroyed lol, I bet she would consider leaving. 

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

@Kohola3, I was thinking about your posts and I realized something in my own life that I can equate with your feelings about my feelings that finding a partner is innate in humans: many people feel that the desire to procreate and carry on one's species is innate, yet that particular gene sure skipped by me because I have no desire to bear children or be a mother. So I see your point and I get what you're saying, and perhaps "innate" is the wrong word to use with regard to the human desire to bond with others. 

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, Sparkles87 said:

That's actually a really good idea. Someone tell TLC. I'll watch. Robyn would be destroyed lol, I bet she would consider leaving. 

I think Robyn would encourage it... She'd love to have the others think that a piece of paper they printed up themselves was just the same or important as an actual marriage licence 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

@Kohola3, I was thinking about your posts and I realized something in my own life that I can equate with your feelings about my feelings that finding a partner is innate in humans: many people feel that the desire to procreate and carry on one's species is innate, yet that particular gene sure skipped by me because I have no desire to bear children or be a mother. So I see your point and I get what you're saying, and perhaps "innate" is the wrong word to use with regard to the human desire to bond with others. 

I love you both and I'm glad this is resolving because I don't want either of you to leave!

I think mostly it is just SO hard to communicate when all you have is words.   No facial expressions, no gestures, no voice inflections, nada.  I saw what you were both saying.

And by the way - my niece did not want children and my oldest daughter doesn't either.  But I think my daughter is my fault because she had to help me with her younger siblings and she had her fill of kids.  I COULD be wrong - I LOVE LOVE LOVE guilt and eat it up, so maybe I'm just taking on blame when I don't need to be.  (Kidding about loving it - but I DO seem to embrace it a lot, sadly!  LOL)

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I love you both and I'm glad this is resolving because I don't want either of you to leave!

I think mostly it is just SO hard to communicate when all you have is words.   No facial expressions, no gestures, no voice inflections, nada.  I saw what you were both saying.

And by the way - my niece did not want children and my oldest daughter doesn't either.  But I think my daughter is my fault because she had to help me with her younger siblings and she had her fill of kids.  I COULD be wrong - I LOVE LOVE LOVE guilt and eat it up, so maybe I'm just taking on blame when I don't need to be.  (Kidding about loving it - but I DO seem to embrace it a lot, sadly!  LOL)

Aww thanks and love you too! ❤️

I agree about how hard it can be to express oneself with only words - and I can have a tendency to get defensive - so apologies @Kohola3, my bad! 

Regarding the desire to not have kids - I helped my mother when my baby sister was born, and I also babysat a lot for other families - that seemed to satisfy (or kill?) any maternal instincts I may have had. It's not a bad thing, so don't feel guilty! 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I think Robyn would encourage it... She'd love to have the others think that a piece of paper they printed up themselves was just the same or important as an actual marriage licence 

Maybe so if kody's loyalties didn't change. 

1 minute ago, Sparkles87 said:

Maybe so if kody's loyalties didn't change. 

Exactly!  Anyone who possessed just one-half of an eyeball could see that Kody was TOTALLY infatuated with Robyn - to the exclusion of all of his other wives!  He wasn't even interested in the birth of Truely because of his wonderful date with Robyn.   I don't care what they say the reasons for divorcing Meri were - maybe they were valid/maybe not - that's not the point.   Robyn wanted to be the legal wife (besides any other reasons) and Kody wanted her to be the legal wife because he was crazy about her.

Divorcing Robyn and marrying Christine at this point would be meaningless and everybody and Mariah's two dogs all know it.  He wouldn't be doing it out of any great love for Christine.  It's like telling a virgin bride to lay there and think of her country and do her duty, lol.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhh.... but if a NEWER, YOUNGER chickypoo came along that Kody was infatuated with like he used to be with Robyn - I MIGHT give up my left boob (no cancer involved, thank you very much!) to see him divorce Robyn and marry this spicy new morsel!  

Oh who am I kidding.   No spicy morsel is going to want bozo the clown.  Only a square head chisel chin woman in debt with Victoria Secret who needs help supporting a herd of kids would go for THAT carrot in front of her face!

• LOL 4

Even though Kody grosses me out, i think there are plenty of women that would happily take a 5 th wife position with him. If you doubt it, check out Seeking Sister Wives - even overweight, sweaty, hairy,  Bernie McGee has women wanting a “piece” of him.... 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Even though Kody grosses me out, i think there are plenty of women that would happily take a 5 th wife position with him. If you doubt it, check out Seeking Sister Wives - even overweight, sweaty, hairy,  Bernie McGee has women wanting a “piece” of him.... 

Because they want to be on a Reality TV show.  

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

I still can't believe anyone would want to have sex with Fibber McGee.....  He's Paige's little prize and she's so worried about sharing him... UGH!

I have to wonder how many just want him for the TV exposure and accompanying pay check.

Same as Kootie... I think a lot of his fans just want the celebrity... Even if it's bottom of the barrel D lister.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

She'd love to have the others think that a piece of paper they printed up themselves was just the same or important as an actual marriage licence 

It's the marriage certificate that matters not the license.  You have to actually get married after getting a license to have a certificate.  🙂  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

I think it's money (they think that reality stars ALL make big bucks.)  How many women over the years have married a man just to be supported and taken care of?  And think of it this way, if you are a sister wife, you can HOPE the other wife actually wants to have sex with him and your nights are the "recovery nights."  Or maybe you can convince the other wife that you are up to some nefarious purpose and SHE will make sure he won't have sex with you.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

How many women over the years have married a man just to be supported and taken care of? 

Robyn comes to mind.  She went from an unheated trailer to a six bedrooms, seven bathrooms mini mansion.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 15

Aspyn's hair and makeup was beautiful.  The dress did her no favors though.  I could not get past Meri's Sherwin Williams gray eyebrows and bronze nightmare eyeshadow.  Meri's dress was so inappropriate for a wedding and the hideous 1989 patterned fabric!  Christine looked elegant and tasteful.  Hannah dressed for a party; any party; just not for her son's wedding.  Janelle I kinda give a pass.  It is hard to dress formally for an apple shaped figure.  She should've not chosen a shiny fabric though as it works like a big lighted arrow pointing to all her problem spots.  I do not remember Robyn's dress and apparently she never heard of hat pins to secure her hat.  For all the ladies formal wear is usually like swimwear where you should go up a size.

• Love 12
23 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Are wedding customs different out west from the south?  I thought I heard Christine comment about the food at the rehearsal dinner, as if she provided it.  In the south, it is customary for the groom and/or his family to pay for and host the rehearsal dinner.  

I think the reason they (or TLC) provided the rehearsal dinner was that almost everyone at the dinner was a member of the Brown family so it was more like just a big fambly dinner the night before the wedding.  I think Hannah was there, but I don't know that Mitch's dad even came to it.

Most rehearsal dinners include the attendants (and their spouses or dates), out of town relatives, grandparents, and immediate family.  Aspyn's only attendants were the very young flower girls. 

When my daughter married, I was in on the planning for the rehearsal dinner because the groom's parents live in Europe.   I went to the tastings, and I helped find the place for the dinner.  The groom's parents paid for it, but that was the extent of their involvement.

• Love 1