Type keyword(s) to search

Matt and Caryn

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, readheaded said:

What did I miss that we've seen Zach and Tori using their kids that way? 

Zach and tori having Jackson announce to Grandpa that they were moving. 

It's my opinion and perspective of them. 

• Love 3

Personally I think he is about a year late putting the property up About a year ago you could get a 30 yr, fixed rate mortgage for under 3% and now its over 5 1/2%. At that time the homes in my area were being sold within a day or two of hitting the market, I have noticed a sharp decline in quick sales.  It wouldn't surprise me if Matt was told what it was worth and he felt he could get much more. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I haven't seen this and completely missed this announcement, so I may completely misread the situation.  But is it really that bad to 'use' kids to make announcements? It can make for funny scenes. Heck, my eldest wore a t-shirt saying "soon-to-be-big-sister" on my birthday and it took my family forever to pick up on that huge hint.... it was so funny!

• Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, LilyD said:

But is it really that bad to 'use' kids to make announcements?

Judge for yourself:

Spoiler

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 2

Yikes! Caryn and Matt come off as jerks (which they probably are). Matt would know how much money Zach can afford, he’d also have an idea of the health care expenses Zach and the kids will have over the next several years. I would guess his price would take all of Zach’s money. Good for them for walking away. I noticed Jer and Auj have moved their “office” off the farm too.

Caryn is a piece of work that sure looks like a gold digger. Matt will irreparably alienate his kids for a profit. Very sad.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Zach even told Jackson how to do it for maximum effect... he coaches Jackson to walk up to them and say it

so don’t just say it from here where we’re standing… march over there and tell them to their faces

4 hours ago, LilyD said:

I haven't seen this and completely missed this announcement, so I may completely misread the situation.  But is it really that bad to 'use' kids to make announcements? It can make for funny scenes. Heck, my eldest wore a t-shirt saying "soon-to-be-big-sister" on my birthday and it took my family forever to pick up on that huge hint.... it was so funny!

of course it’s fine if it’s happy news and it’s something that everyone will enjoy hearing

this wasn’t that type of situation

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Zach even told Jackson how to do it for maximum effect... he coaches Jackson to walk up to them and say it

so don’t just say it from here where we’re standing… march over there and tell them to their faces

Thanks Ginger for sharing, which helped clarifying the scene Joan referred to. Yeah… that certainly was awkward.  I guess they used Jackson that way to prevent another explosive argument, which would have been far worse for the kids, in my opinion. But generally speaking, leave kids out of arguments!

My take on the fall out: Zach’s words about controlling reveals a lot. It sounds a lot like Matt laying down the rules in a “take it or leave it” position. And Zach did that; he left. What’s more, this move emphasised that he wasn’t going to bend to Matt’s will. He really was serious about walking away.

As for selling the farm to one of the kids: For all his faults, Matt isn’t stupid. He achieved a lot. If he had really wanted to keep that farm in the family, he would have found a way to make it work. That he hasn’t, tells me that he is either not sure about stepping down, or completely blinded by the big bucks!

On 5/13/2022 at 12:38 PM, chenoa333 said:

Typical cowardly Zach move

I'll send my 4 yr old over to drop the bomb

Zach's a lazy ignorant turd who needs to grow up

Bottom line he couldn't afford to buy the north portion of the farm and he's pissed that daddy wouldn't hand it to him on a silver platter, Tori's a giant asshole too.

Both are dunces who think they're..  Oh so special and entitled!  🙄

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

All this going on!  My opinion…riving it up for the new season! 

Yes indeed. I have no desire to watch but I will continue to come here to read the comments by posters who will eloquently describe the $hit show fakery.

#wheresChris? 

• Love 5
(edited)

I did have two other thoughts.  

We know Matt paid Amy out twice, once for some property and once for the business.  The speculation here is that it was a couple million total.  I wonder if Matt believes that if he paid Amy $2MM total for half that he is entitled to $4MM for the whole.

In looking at property taxes for that particular plot, it is work ~$2MM.

So I wonder if the this is a plot arc that will end with Matt approaching Zach on the last episode saying he'd like to sell, for half the market list price.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Ms.Lulu said:

So I wonder if the this is a plot arc that will end with Matt approaching Zach on the last episode saying he'd like to sell, for half the market list price.

I kind of doubt it since Zach and Tori just bought a new home in Washington and moved already

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Should anyone be interested: you can do a virtual tour of the farm if you google it and find the estate agent. I haven’t posted the link as I wasn’t sure if that’s allowed because it obviously displays the address too. The agent actively promotes it as the Roloff house with a word from Matt himself.

The house seems in a far better condition than I expected, though pictures obviously don’t show all there is to see. I hate the popcorn ceilings and odd plaster work that was applied through out. From what I can see, kitchen and bathrooms seem mostly still adapted to LP, which makes sense as it is still their house.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Folks,

We are not allowing links directly to anything that shows the home address.  Roloff Farms is easy to find online; this is one of the issues when a family lives at the same location as business.   However, we will adhere to site policy that does not allow including home addresses on the forums. 

Thanks!

16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

829AD37D-9588-4B6C-8DE2-1E8DA3F76A28.jpeg

Another one of Matt's cliff hangers!  Watch the show to find out this exciting news!

Will Zack drive the bus?  Will Amy dress up and sell salsa?  Will Jeremy make an appearance?  And finally will we get to see Jacobs marijuana farm if there is one!

• LOL 10
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Another one of Matt's cliff hangers!  Watch the show to find out this exciting news!

Will Zack drive the bus?  Will Amy dress up and sell salsa?  Will Jeremy make an appearance?  And finally will we get to see Jacobs marijuana farm if there is one!

Well, considering the current family dynamics, this pumpkin season might actually be interesting for once!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Will I barf while Amy talks with her mouth full of food?  Will Chris bring a spinner to the pumpkin patch?  Will Amy mud wrestle Caryn?  Will Jackson bitch slap Matt in a hostile takeover?

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

FE3E0529-7FD6-4DBA-A50E-644EF9961D84.jpeg

4F8CAC63-43F3-442D-892C-3B042D7A633E.jpeg

I wonder what to make of this. Did they all make up? Zach was obviously angry at Matt a week ago when he called Matt a coward and a manipulator on social media. This is an interesting wrinkle...

Edited by Libby
2 hours ago, Libby said:

I wonder what to make of this. Did they all make up? Zach was obviously angry at Matt a week ago when he called Matt a coward and a manipulator on social media. This is an interesting wrinkle...

Zach's a moron and Tori encourages him

Matt made a business decision and Zach acted like a petulant, spoiled child

Jeremy also made an offer a while back, it wasn't accepted and they handled the situation like adults, they weren't happy but they also didn't lose their minds like Zach and Tori... probably because Jer and Auj have their own success and aren't reliant on Matt for their lifestyle.

I think Zach and Tori hate it that they don't have ANYTHING going for themselves except Matt's reality show, if it ends they'll be piss out of luck and they'll actually have to earn a living on their own... Good luck with that since Zach is lazy as hell.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Libby said:

I think this was before the Instagram dust-up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Libby said:

I think it’s a combination of stuff, I think some of this is exaggerating for the show because most of these people are boring, but I also think Tori realizes she’s still gotta shill crap on IG and that’s easier if you’re somewhat likable and on a show.  She probably got some online feedback she and Zach were being crappy using the kids as part of the real estate deal, so she sent the picture. I don’t think they would have barred Matt from seeing a new grandchild even if they are really bickering.

Matt usually tries to spin everything positively because I’m sure he wants the show to continue as much as the rest of them. It’s still a relatively easy payday.

I think Zach might have realized afterwards he might came off bad in the episode and led to his outburst on IG after Matt giving his version of the land deal. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

I think Zach and Tori hate it that they don't have ANYTHING going for themselves except Matt's reality show, if it ends they'll be piss out of luck and they'll actually have to earn a living on their own... Good luck with that since Zach is lazy as hell.

The $$$$ payout from the show can probably carry Z+T into the future without ever having to worry about income-producing jobs.  I believe they have astute financial advisors who have been investing their $$$ for years.

Also, the momentum of the show's audience seems to be GROWING and they seem to have a very active PR team that splashes each and every plotline twist and turn everywhere on social media.  

In that regard, I think Z+T are experiencing an increasingly hefty paycheck for each episode.

As much as the family can create dysfunction and conflict, the better for the show to pick up advertisers and viewers.

Everything in the plotline might have a "smidgen" of reality but is essentially scripted to draw the largest audience.  That's how I see it.

• Love 3
On 5/15/2022 at 9:21 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Will I barf while Amy talks with her mouth full of food?  Will Chris bring a spinner to the pumpkin patch?  Will Amy mud wrestle Caryn?  Will Jackson bitch slap Matt in a hostile takeover?

Will Chris bring a STRIPPER?  I think that's what you really meant @Joan of Argh

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, Absolom said:

First episode of the season had 1.204 M viewers, was the 13th cable show of the day, and had a .19 rating.  It's good enough for TLC.

That's a great rating for TLC especially for an old show with boring people.  No exciting things like pimple popping or stuck in the bed overweight people. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

First episode of the season had 1.204 M viewers, was the 13th cable show of the day, and had a .19 rating.  It's good enough for TLC.

Matt's amazing. He created all that foolish drama and everybody tuned in!  Go Matt!

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Noticing Jacob is with Matt a lot on the farm!

Not doing much.  Drinking coffee and riding with Matt watching others work and spread wood chips today!

Maybe Jacob will emerge victorious!  Lol

• LOL 6
On 5/20/2022 at 8:06 PM, Libby said:

Just had another look at this post. Matt specifically says: Thanks for sending me this. So, it's not from a recent visit but probably taken right after birth and Tori sent this picture to Matt. It could be an olive branch, but it could also be that it was posted for tv purposes like some suggested. I guess we will never know.

One thing I noticed again, when I say this picture is little Josiah's hand. In every picture I have seen of him, he has at least one hand visible with his fingers spread. It really seems that he has a starfish or trident hand, which is a characteristic for achondroplasia... 

• Love 1

Looking at the photos on Zillow, I wonder what stuff Matt is leaving on the property. Not the furniture - I think the house is virtually staged, but things like the stored stuff in the barn. Or the kiddie train - its in the photos of the barn that has the office also has the kiddie train parked on the porch. Does that come with? Or will it be moved? Or the stuff in the castle - the chairs were expensive at auction, and the stuff stored in the barn that they didn't put in the garage sale and failed auction. What about Caryn's playboy collection? Are they going to move all that stuff?

I mean, I don't think Matt will actually sell the farm - putting it up for sale on Jackson's birthday right before the show premieres feels really intentional as Jer and Auj would say, a combo of hurtful to Zach and Tory and a way to get people talking. 

I also wonder where all the mechanical stuff will go on the wedding barn property. 

• Love 1

I suppose some of those items are negotiable when someone is really interested in the property. There's no reason to cling onto those things unless Matt plans on building Roloff Farm 2.0 which I doubt. 

What they'll do with personal stuff like furniture? I don't know, probably take it with them and if it's all too much store it or put it up for another over-priced auction?

• Love 2
On 5/21/2022 at 5:43 PM, LilyD said:

One thing I noticed again, when I say this picture is little Josiah's hand. In every picture I have seen of him, he has at least one hand visible with his fingers spread. It really seems that he has a starfish or trident hand, which is a characteristic for achondroplasia... 

Yes. His little fingers look like grandpa's. Nothing wrong with that. His biggest challenge in life will be having Tori and Zach for parents. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Yes. His little fingers look like grandpa's. Nothing wrong with that. His biggest challenge in life will be having Tori and Zach for parents. 

I agree,kid's pretty screwed as far as parents go.

• Love 4

It’s quite the dilemma for show producers. On one hand they have the farm and they have a new little family of little people. 

On the other hand they have Matt owning the farm and wanting a bundle of cash for every square inch of it and you have those no personality parents of the little people!

I bet in the end Jackson will walk in there and ‘own it’ and save the show and $$$ for everyone!

• LOL 3
On 5/15/2022 at 1:40 PM, LilyD said:

Should anyone be interested: you can do a virtual tour of the farm if you google it and find the estate agent. I haven’t posted the link as I wasn’t sure if that’s allowed because it obviously displays the address too. The agent actively promotes it as the Roloff house with a word from Matt himself.

The house seems in a far better condition than I expected, though pictures obviously don’t show all there is to see. I hate the popcorn ceilings and odd plaster work that was applied through out. From what I can see, kitchen and bathrooms seem mostly still adapted to LP, which makes sense as it is still their house.

I don't trust the pictures AT ALL. I've seen properties online, go to said property, and it is like I stepped back to 30 years ago.  What they can do with computers is really unbelievable. 

• Love 3

One thing I don't quite understand about the farmhouse is why Matt left the kitchen counters at LP height.... How many Little People families want to live in Portland and have $4 million to spend on a house?

On the other hand as an average stature person I would expect to get a functional kitchen if I'm spending that kind of money.... not a home I have to renovate  🤷‍♂️

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

One thing I don't quite understand about the farmhouse is why Matt left the kitchen counters at LP height.... How many Little People families want to live in Portland and have $4 million to spend on a house?

On the other hand as an average stature person I would expect to get a functional kitchen if I'm spending that kind of money.... not a home I have to renovate  🤷‍♂️

Sometimes Realtors will advise things be left alone.  Sellers will sometimes make a concession to buyers in some money to do it the way the new owners want it!

(edited)
16 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Sometimes Realtors will advise things be left alone.  Sellers will sometimes make a concession to buyers in some money to do it the way the new owners want it!

I thought I read that Matt not only repaired all the structures on that part of the farm but also restored the kitchen to average-height size, but I could be wrong.  Buyers often tear out the whole kitchen and redo it anyway, so maybe he was advised by realtors to leave it as it.

Edited by Dibs
  • Love 1
(edited)

The photos don't show an average height kitchen and the village and structures are all aged and in need of attention or tear down.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Dibs said:

I thought I read that Matt not only repaired all the structures on that part of the farm but also restored the kitchen to average-height size, but I could be wrong.  Buyers often tear out the whole kitchen and redo it anyway, so maybe he was advised by realtors to leave it as it.

Last house we sold we wanted to do some landscaping. Our realtor said let it be. 

We sold the home to a couple and he manages golf course greens!  He has transformed the entire half acre and it’s beautiful!

Pays to listen to your realtor!  Lol

• Love 2
On 5/24/2022 at 5:07 PM, Dustbunny said:

I can see how it might be better to just leave the kitchen as is. It's more than likely going to need a total overhaul to make it average height anyway, and if I was a potential buyer, I'd like a say in the new look. 

• Love 3

Remodeling  can be an absolute waste when done to sell. A fresh coat of paint, a good cleaning, removing personal items such as family pictures, and taking away what could be seen as clutter are all good.

• Love 1