Type keyword(s) to search

Matt and Caryn

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I think Caryn is pretty.

I think she has a cute face.. I hadn't noticed her heft before.

I get the feeling that she doesn't like Amy as much as she pretends to.

I also think she's a lot more controlling and maybe even a bit manipulative when it comes to Matt's relationship with Amy.

• Love 3

I also think Caryn is a pretty woman. A lil chubby? Yes but who am I (chubby) to judge that?

Agree that while Caryn is all "Amy is my friend" on camera, she doesn't seem all that friendly with Amy any more. 

I don't know that she's manipulative, but I do think she's not Amy and therefore isn't going to stay with Matt because he's the first guy who paid her attention.

• Love 3
On 3/30/2019 at 3:57 PM, LucyEth said:

I think Caryn is pretty.

Yeah, and she looks so young.  I'm not sure how old she is, but, I'm pretty sure it's more than her looks reveal.  In the photos I've seen, she doesn't look much older than her daughter. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, and she looks so young.  I'm not sure how old she is, but, I'm pretty sure it's more than her looks reveal.  In the photos I've seen, she doesn't look much older than her daughter. 

I think Matt and Caryn look very happy together and I agree Caryn looks good for her age. 👍

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh wow, they all look amazing... Thanks for sharing!  ❤

I love that color on Amy she looks beautiful and Matt looks very handsome.

• Love 2

Well, it's nice to see that after 10 years of allowing it, Matt now has a problem with fans calling his ex a fucking bitch... even though he's clearly reserving the right to not actually stop it and blame it on his being too busy.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

Well, it's nice to see that after 10 years of allowing it, Matt now has a problem with fans calling his ex a fucking bitch... even though he's clearly reserving the right to not actually stop it and blame it on his being too busy.

He's done it before.   I mentioned it prior.  Not liking that I have to give him some props, but that's all I'm giving him for now.

• Love 4

I  am just grumbly on this point so feel free to ignore me. I don't believe Matt has any real concern about language used on his facebook towards his family. People use the f word there far more than I do, and I use the f word a lot.

Every once in a while, Matt makes this post and gets a whole bunch of "OMG how could anyone be unkind to you, how could anyone not kiss your ass repeatedly, Matt, you're my Jesus!" comments to pump himself up, Did he ban a dozen users? Who cares and rather than make these little pleas for praise and attention, why not just hit the ban button?

Oh right, because by whining about something that clearly doesn't bother him enough to do anything to stop it as long as it's not directed directly at him, Matt gets to be the victim.

• Love 4

Now that I am through Season 18 and getting ready to watch 19, I have a different perspective on all of them.  Matt does not come off as passive aggressive to me as he used to (Amy on the other hand has become the queen of passive aggressive behavior).  I also like Caryn.  She is a much better fit for Matt.  She is creative and decisive.   He appears to have softened and I think that is due to her influence.  My humble opinion.

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, Kid said:

Now that I am through Season 18 and getting ready to watch 19, I have a different perspective on all of them.  Matt does not come off as passive aggressive to me as he used to (Amy on the other hand has become the queen of passive aggressive behavior).  I also like Caryn.  She is a much better fit for Matt.  She is creative and decisive.   He appears to have softened and I think that is due to her influence.  My humble opinion.

She certainly handles him better than Amy does!

• Love 6
6 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Or maybe Matt is more considerate because he's getting older and realizing he's probably not going to catch anyone else? I mean, he's not that appealing....

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Or maybe Matt is more considerate because he's getting older and realizing he's probably not going to catch anyone else? I mean, he's not that appealing....

He knows she won’t put up with his shit and also knows how to manipulate him to keep his ego intact while getting what she wants. Amy DNGAF. 

• Love 4
On 5/8/2019 at 4:17 PM, SongbirdHollow said:

I agree, I'm not sure if it's because Matt has changed or Caryn just knows how to handle him better... Whatever it is it seems to work for them

Whenever they show Matt and Caryn it just seems easy, like a married couple yet whenever they show Chris and Amy it still seems slightly awkward and anxious.

Just the feeling I get while watching them, don't really like either couple more than the other but one seems comfortable and the other is awkward.

• Love 5
On 5/10/2019 at 7:24 PM, Joan of Argh said:

I agree, I'm not sure if it's because Matt has changed or Caryn just knows how to handle him better... Whatever it is it seems to work for them

Whenever they show Matt and Caryn it just seems easy, like a married couple yet whenever they show Chris and Amy it still seems slightly awkward and anxious.

Just the feeling I get while watching them, don't really like either couple more than the other but one seems comfortable and the other is awkward.

Caryn placates mat.  Constantly.  Tells him exactly what he wants to hear, whether it's how smart he is or how good his ideas are, or that Amy is making things difficult, etc.  And right now, she can do that - she's not tied to him financially.  When the money for all of his ideas and pet projects is coming out of her pocket, she might act differently.

Amy is in uncharted waters - Matt was her "first" in may ways, and she's now in her 50's and trying to find her way and herself, so I would expect it would be a bit more awkward for her.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, funky-rat said:

Caryn placates mat.  Constantly.  Tells him exactly what he wants to hear, whether it's how smart he is or how good his ideas are, or that Amy is making things difficult, etc.  And right now, she can do that - she's not tied to him financially.  When the money for all of his ideas and pet projects is coming out of her pocket, she might act differently.

Amy is in uncharted waters - Matt was her "first" in may ways, and she's now in her 50's and trying to find her way and herself, so I would expect it would be a bit more awkward for her.

Agreed!  We also didn't get the "pleasure" of seeing the initial stages of Matt's relationship(s) (I don't believe that Caryn was his first extra-marital rodeo), so those might have been awkward, as well.  

• Love 6
On 5/10/2019 at 6:24 PM, Joan of Argh said:

IWhenever they show Matt and Caryn it just seems easy, like a married couple yet whenever they show Chris and Amy it still seems slightly awkward and anxious.

Probably because Matt and Caryn have have known each other closely for YEARS.  I think the awkwardness we see with Chris and Amy is more due to their interactions being filmed.  Chris seems to get more and more comfortable with it each season.  But it can't be that comfortable trying to cuddle with your girlfriend and probably having 4-5 crew members around you but having to act like they aren't there. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

They all look so happy.  I'm glad that Molly seems to be doing well, building her career and getting a new home with her husband.  I tell ya, that Caryn......she doesn't look much older than Molly in that photo.  That girl needs to explore skin care products!  They may be sitting on a gold mine.  

• Love 4
On 6/25/2019 at 6:36 PM, ginger90 said:

It would not allow me to comment under the quote of the IG post, but I wanted to ask why it looks as though there were three separate checks? One for Caryn and Matt, one for Zach’s family and the third for the crew? Or whoever took the photo? 

4 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

It would not allow me to comment under the quote of the IG post, but I wanted to ask why it looks as though there were three separate checks? One for Caryn and Matt, one for Zach’s family and the third for the crew? Or whoever took the photo? 

I think their waitperson probably took the picture, and had to put down what they had in their hand.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 6/29/2019 at 6:20 PM, ginger90 said:

I think their waitperson probably took the picture, and had to put down what they had in their hand.

That's likely it.  Because, it looks like they haven't ordered yet.  They have beverages, but, no silverware.  And, Caryn has barely touched her mimosa! lol 

• Love 2
On 7/1/2019 at 1:01 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

That's likely it.  Because, it looks like they haven't ordered yet.  They have beverages, but, no silverware.  And, Caryn has barely touched her mimosa! lol 

But Matt has an empty wine glass?  Not judging... just an observation! 

• Love 2

Well looks like there trouble down on the farm because Matt is banning Jacob from getting married on the property. Eventually that’s why there is two move out dates from Amy so that he could get married before November. 

This article said Jacob was most affected by his father blowing up the marriage. Wish I could link. 

7 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Well looks like there trouble down on the farm because Matt is banning Jacob from getting married on the property. Eventually that’s why there is two move out dates from Amy so that he could get married before November. 

This article said Jacob was most affected by his father blowing up the marriage. Wish I could link. 

Does anyone know why he banned him from getting married there? This is probably why Amy  was so reluctant to give up any ownership in the farm-Matt will use it as a weapon.

• Love 2

I saw those headlines, but, am curious too.  It makes no sense, since Matt LOVES events on the farm and also recently, there was a photo, (it's upthread here or on Jacob's thread) where Matt is driving the mule around the farm and Jacob and his fiance are on board.  I thought then that they were likely doing the wedding plans.   But, it'll likely come out eventually as to what happened on the show.  I do think they'll have another season.  In fact, I wonder if they are filming now and this is part of the fake drama that Jacob hates.

Yeah, I had read that Jacob didn't want the wedding filmed.  I wonder who's paying for it.  lol  It's fine to be all judgmental, but, if you're strapped for cash and expect others to cover your bills.....IKD, to me, figure it out.  lol  It's difficult for me to envision Matt purposefully refusing to let them use the farm for an afternoon wedding, but, if he has, maybe there's good cause.  I read over on Amy's thread that she commented about her not approving of Jacob and Izzy's lifestyle choices........hmmmm...what does that mean?  Pot smokers?  IDK.  I wonder if that has anything to do with it.  Oregon is a pot free state, right?

(edited)
37 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, I had read that Jacob didn't want the wedding filmed.  I wonder who's paying for it.  lol  It's fine to be all judgmental, but, if you're strapped for cash and expect others to cover your bills.....IKD, to me, figure it out.  lol  It's difficult for me to envision Matt purposefully refusing to let them use the farm for an afternoon wedding, but, if he has, maybe there's good cause.  I read over on Amy's thread that she commented about her not approving of Jacob and Izzy's lifestyle choices........hmmmm...what does that mean?  Pot smokers?  IDK.  I wonder if that has anything to do with it.  Oregon is a pot free state, right?

I find myself in the middle with Jake.  On one hand, he was so young when the show started, and he didn't get a say, and in the end he got lost in the shuffle, and that sucks.  But on the other hand, he's also been very vocal about a lot of things.  If you want to gripe about privacy, then pull a Molly, and keep to yourself.  Don't be all "This sucks and that sucked, and I have no privacy but I will be all over social media about it!".  I do think he battles some sort of mental illness (depression, or anxiety, or similar), and has trouble finding balance.  I have sympathy, but limited patience.

I think the pot smoking that he was extremely vocal about was one aspect of Amy not "agreeing" with his choices but loving him anyway.  I don't believe either Jake or his fiancee work in the conventional sense.  They lived in a car for some time, IIRC, so that could be some of it too.  They have no show money coming in because they don't appear, so I'm not sure how they're living (unless it's by someone else's wallet, or a trust fund - but that will eventually run out, I'm sure). 

As for Matt "Forbidding" him to marry on the farm - I don't buy it one bit.  Not a Matt fan, but I don't buy it at all.

Edited by funky-rat
  • Love 2

The  article was based on one of Amy’s live video posts from June 14.  For Matt’s sake I hope he changes his mind because that would be resentment that will last a lifetime. 

I don’t  follow any of these folks unless it pops up then I will read it.  So I’ve not heard of any mental illness of Jacobs but did just read his post from 2016 regarding his decision  to not film any longer . He's smart articulate and straightforward. Although he said there have been good people on the crew but they have their own agenda and standing behind the filming scenes he said the family is not one he knows but playing characters for the show. He said it’s actually funny watching them from the sidelines trying to get the family to follow their set storylines. 

i remember how close he was to the employee who acted as a father image to him then died. Sad  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
56 minutes ago, bobalina said:

Jacob has a right to express his opinion. And Maybe Amy didn't like them living together before marriage. But thet did/do live with her.

He absolutely does, but some time back, I saw some posts he made on a platform I don't use (like Twitter or similar) that were linked to an article where he complained about not having privacy, but was all over social media talking about a variety of topics that would invite commentary, so to me, that's a contradiction.  Kind-of like a celebrity that dresses outrageously (ie: Lady Gaga's meat dress) and then complains that people are reacting.  YMMV

As for living together before marriage, I *think* some of her other kids may have, so I'm not sure that's it (again, I could be remembering wrong).

21 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I don’t  follow any of these folks unless it pops up then I will read it.  So I’ve not heard of any mental illness of Jacobs but did just read his post from 2016 regarding his decision  to not film any longer . He's smart articulate and straightforward. Although he said there have been good people on the crew but they have their own agenda and standing behind the filming scenes he said the family is not one he knows but playing characters for the show. He said it’s actually funny watching them from the sidelines trying to get the family to follow their set storylines. 

I don't know for sure he does - I said "think" - but I wouldn't be shocked if he wasn't dealing with something.  He reminds me so much of my brother in law.  BIL struggles to find his way in life because he has scars from childhood, never learned good coping skills, struggled in school (BIL has ADHD), and is an avid pot smoker (he was in to heavier stuff at one time, but quit).  I could see him living in a car somewhere - my BIL just kind of bobs through life.  As long as he's happy, I'm happy for him.  My BIL is smart, and well-spoken at times, but definitely has some issues - it runs in their family.  Again, JMO.  IF he battles, I hope he receives help.  It's tough to go it alone.

• Love 4

I’m thinking Matt’s problem about having the wedding on the farm comes from the fact that he probably can’t control it. Usually the brides parents pay for the affair. They may have wanted to keep it small and intimate. Matt doesn’t do anything in a small way. Between not being able to film it (more $$) and deduct any costs as production costs (any improvements made to facilitate the wedding...which is only a cover...Matt wants to add, change, redo things all the time). Matt either gets his way or he doesn’t play. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5