Type keyword(s) to search

Matt and Caryn

• Start Topic

57 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Similar properties in that area seem to be taking a year to sell. I'd expect Matt or his realtor is aware of that and probably will make a pricing adjustment in 3 months.

It will be a real shame if the house is ultimately sold to a stranger for what Zach offered (or close to it).

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Redrum said:

He has a new post on Instagram where he's going on about he has everything torn up to move stuff to the not for sale side of the property and has to build a bunch of new infrastructure just to have pumpkin season on the side he's keeping

On that note, I wonder what the compelling reason is for him to persist with all the toil and prep for "pumpkin season"?  Is it for the show?  Is it for the revenue?  I wonder how much $$$ they net from what seems to be an "ordeal" of rolling out the pumpkin season every year. 

With the proceeds of the sale (even contemplating dropping the price in the near future) maybe Matt will decide to truly retire and see where the show lands without his presence (if there would be a show at all).

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Yeah, if its all so hard, I mean, why not shut down the business? He can still do projects at a more reasonable pace for the show.  Or he can stop doing the show if its that physically draining. What I don't get is how rebuilding everything is less physically taxing.

He's of an age where retirement is certainly an option. I know I wouldn't take him to task over it.

Edited by Redrum
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

There was a fire, outside, at the farm today.

We are under a red flag warning in the greater Portland area today.  Risk of fire is incredibly high--so high that PGE is shutting off power in some areas to reduce the risk of fire.  And people in those areas are watering yards and houses round the clock.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Still working my way thru episodes (have slowed way down, stupid job). Matt has a love/hate relationship with the farm. No doubt, it's in his blood and he sees the beauty in the land. Matt also loves to boss people around and bitch and moan. He's happiest when supervising others. Whether it's the trebuchet, repainting the twins' room, moving the church, he wants to order others and then be pissy when they don't live up to his expectations. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Jacob is pretty much taking over.  A job both brothers left.  I wonder what he'll get out of it???

Historically nothing. Not sure why he's bothering to be honest. Matt will declare he's too incompetent and lazy when the time comes, despite praising him, and still sell to the highest and likely only bidder since that way, Matt gets to pocket all the profit. That's how Matt rolls. 

No doubt Matt will cite that time Jacob and a buddy at age nine broke some light bulbs on purpose as reason to never trust Jacob with the farm. 

Edited by Redrum
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Jacob is pretty much taking over.  A job both brothers left.  I wonder what he'll get out of it???  He post's dumb pictures and quotes daily.  A strange young man!

He is just another family shithead.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I just read admission to the farm is $27 per person this fall.  It's beginning to feel outrageous to me if true.  

Its pricy for what you get. A family of four would cost 108 dollars for an afternoon. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Yup

1FAB3DDF-DA73-4CA4-9F22-3A81B28773ED.jpeg

I wonder how long they are open while charging $27 a head? 2 weeks? Do they open again for Thanksgiving? Christmas? 

If I lived in Oregon, Roloff farms would not be on my list of places to visit. But that's just MOO.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I wonder how long they are open while charging $27 a head? 2 weeks? Do they open again fir Thanksgiving? Christmas? 

If I lived in Oregon, Roloff farms would not be on my list of places to visit. But that's just MOO.

Pumpkin season for them is Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, October 1st-October 30th, 10a-5:30p.

• Useful 1

Originally admission was free, then it went to free but you had to pay 2 dollars for parking. Then parking slid up to ten bucks.... and you had to pay extra for the wagon tour,, ten to fifteen dollars per person. They added other activities that have add on costs like the gun things.. then covid came and it went to 24 dollars per person with kids three and up being g charged full price but it does include the wagon tour. Now its 27 dollars per person and the wagon tour may or may not actually go to the attractions on the property being sold.

I’m wondering what they’re doing with the train, the one time I saw the family on the train it looked like a very jerky, crunchy, bouncy horrible ride on gravel.

The few times I’ve been on similar trains (Disneyland etc) that run on rubber tires they were driven on paved surfaces, I don’t recall any news of Matt paving a pathway for the train.

If it’s still being driven on gravel I’d pay NOT to go for a ride. 

• Like 2
  • Love 8

I’m in NC and have a Pumpkin Farm very similar to the Roloffs nearby.  It is a huge success with long lines of cars and I avoid the area at certain times in the fall and winter, as they have a light show at Christmas.  They charge $19.00 per person, but there’s extra to ride the train, carousel, Gem pan, and duck race.  They have a $30. Per person pass that covers everything.  They no longer sell food, but you can bring your own!  I think the Roloff farm is in line with its prices.  What do you mean by a paved train track with wheels?  Those I’ve seen at parks are on small scale train tracks. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

What do you mean by a paved train track with wheels?  Those I’ve seen at parks are on small scale train tracks. 

They're called "Trackless Trains" (they run on tires like a car) 

Lots of amusement parks use them to shuttle people around but they typically drive them on concrete or pavement because the tires are very small and bounce around a lot on rough surfaces like gravel. (This pic isn't Matt's Train but it shows the rubber tires)

trackless train.jpg

Maybe if Matt grades the gravel to be really smooth it would be okay but otherwise it's a bumpy ride on rough gravel.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
32 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

They're called "Trackless Trains" (they run on tires like a car) 

Lots of amusement parks use them to shuttle people around but they typically drive them on concrete or pavement because the tires are very small and bounce around a lot on rough surfaces like gravel. (This pic isn't Matt's Train but it shows the rubber tires)

trackless train.jpg

Maybe if Matt grades the gravel to be really smooth it would be okay but otherwise it's a bumpy ride on rough gravel.

Oh…I see.  Most of the trains I’ve seen at venues are actually on a track.  The train cars above look rather top heavy…..hmmm…..

This is one at our local city park.  I have ridden it before. The one at the Pumpkin Farm is on track too.  

https://raleighnc.gov/parks/pullen-park-now-hiring-seasonal-and-year-round-roles

35 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh…I see.  Most of the trains I’ve seen at venues are actually on a track.  The train cars above look rather top heavy…..hmmm…..

This is one at our local city park.  I have ridden it before. The one at the Pumpkin Farm is on track too.  

https://raleighnc.gov/parks/pullen-park-now-hiring-seasonal-and-year-round-roles

Yes most the ones I’ve been on were on tracks too, they have one in Stanley Park near our home and it’s very popular especially at Christmas… the tracks wind through the park and they have tons of Christmas lights on display… it’s really quite nice and the grandkids love it.

The local pumpkin patch has one like Matt’s that runs on tires but they have a paved route around the farm to drive it on and it’s a nice smooth ride, I’ve also been on one at the Pacific National Expedition and they also drove it on pavement, I think we also rode one at Knotts Berry Farm or some other amusement park in California several years ago and it was also on a smooth surface.

Like Dustbunny said the rubber tires are very small like a cart so they don’t run very smoothly on gravel or other rough surfaces.

Maybe Matt smoothed a path for it but I haven’t seen any reports of him doing so. 🤷‍♀️

Per Matt's instagram, the pirate ship is being moved to the property he intends to keep, in part because he was advised that most people don't want to buy a property with a pirate ship. 

I'm sure this will somehow be turned into a whole "we needed it for pumpkin season" thing although I thought the whole point of selling the property was to make pumpkin season upkeep less intense. Can anyone explain Matt's logic on this one? He's selling the original property because he was so physically spent from the upkeep and from pumpkin season but now he's moving the attractions from the old property to the property he's keeping so he can use it for new and improved pumpkin season?

The current listing for the big house property still lists the pirate ship as part of the property and we're at day 135 of the listing. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I was going to say Caryn is putting on some poundage.  I like Amy's new doggie.  It feel a bit strange for Jacob and family to be in the center of the photo after all the years of the twins being there and Jacob forgotten.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I was going to say Caryn is putting on some poundage. 

It happens, Matt looks like he's gained a little as well. They're both sixtyish, it happens. 

I like Amy's new doggie. 

Its a cute little thing. 

It feel a bit strange for Jacob and family to be in the center of the photo after all the years of the twins being there and Jacob forgotten.

Matt is reaping what he sowed. He's got four kids, three within easy driving distance and only one is there. So clearly Zach hasn't caved like a bitch and is still "pouting in his shithole" rather than fawn over Daddy Matt and do his bidding with a smile on his face. Jeremy and the grandkids literally live five minutes away and apparently they'd rather hang in the stinky rathole they bought than be around Matt.

I'd worry for Jacob but I actually think he's bright enough to realize that Matt's favor is fleeting and solely dependent on whether Matt thinks he's getting something. 

The post associated with this picture alludes to Matt making some future announcement about the farm. My guess is that he's soon removing the farm from the market since no one is handing him four million for it and its been almost five months for sale now. 

Edited by Redrum
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

Annnnnnd the farm has been for sale for 150 days!

I'm thinking its a lil overpriced. 

I'm curious if it will ever have a price drop. In my area, up until about four months ago, everything was selling like hotcakes but now I am seeing price drops on listings pretty constantly. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

She doesn’t look any older than Jacob’s wife.  

Yes. They both are youthful and have really smooth beautiful skin. And Caryn has a gorgeous smile. It exudes happiness!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Apparently the tour operators at the farm are actively telling people at the pumpkin season tours that the house is no longer for sale and being turned into an airbnb. There's a website. 

https://stayatrolofffarms.com/

I'm kind of curious if Matt has let his realtor know this because that house is still for sale on Zillow and Redfin. I doubt they appreciate it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

The price to visit is cheaper than several of the pumpkin farms here in the midwest that charge $40 and up.   Plus you pay extra for the "attractions".  

I  hope that Matt makes up with his children. I actually  like Matt and all his big ideas.   I don't trust or like Caryn but agree she is very attractive. She seems fake.   Amy's husband seems more genuine.  And also handsome.  

• Useful 1

Would that "tour operator" spilling the beans be realtor Chris, by any chance?

I have no problem with the AirBnB idea.  That way it stays in the family, sparing everyone trauma, but pays for itself and its expensive upkeep.  Hopefully Matt will hire a competent property manager to turn it over each time so it doesn't become yet another albatross around his neck and he can enjoy his time off in Arizona.

Looks from previews like another season of "mean Matt screwed over the family" whining from the snowflakes.  Zzzzzz...  Guess they have nothing else?  Wake me when it's over! 

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, Dibs said:

Would that "tour operator" spilling the beans be realtor Chris, by any chance?

I have no problem with the AirBnB idea.  That way it stays in the family, sparing everyone trauma, but pays for itself and its expensive upkeep.  Hopefully Matt will hire a competent property manager to turn it over each time so it doesn't become yet another albatross around his neck and he can enjoy his time off in Arizona.

Looks from previews like another season of "mean Matt screwed over the family" whining from the snowflakes.  Zzzzzz...  Guess they have nothing else?  Wake me when it's over! 

The poster on reddit didn't mention if it was Chris but apparently there was a sign with a website so its not Chris making up shit.

Not sure how its not an albatross even as an AirBnb. Matt wanted to sell to make less work. Renting it as an Airbnb means furnishing the place and really keeping up with maintenance. The pool will need to be maintained, the yard, the internet and cable kept on....and I think he’ll run into similar issues that he had with selling. Namely its too big to attract small groups and big groups at an airbnb tend to be.... harder on the house.

Also means, if he's serious about renting that he has to pay more attention to guest complaints. Sure, he may very well hire someone to manage the place(an added expense) but if too many guests complain about construction noise, or dirt dumping or whatever, it affects profitability.

• Love 5

D323EDE9-19BD-49A4-A635-842BF3A90AA6.jpeg

A few weeks ago I promised everyone a big news announcement..  so here goes…. When I put the small side of the farm up for sale I knew large deals like that take a much longer time (i.e. 6-12 months) to complete with no guarantees.  What I didn’t expect was how many new business partners and networking connections I would make in the process.   Several interested parties talked about many different business ventures such as purchasing the small farm with big house to use it as a short term rental .. think AirBnB…. One of these companies entered into serious negotiations with me and after having many meetings and conversations (and spreadsheets haha) I have decided to pull the small farm off the open market and partner with iTrip.net Vacation Rentals] and open the @rolofffarms to everyone and anyone who wants to spend a few nights in the Roloff family home. Fees will be determined by demand and seasons. More  information will be forthcoming soon … but needless to say we are scrambling hard behind the scenes (plus running the busy Pumpkin patch)  to convert (re-furnish) the home to be ready for its firsts guests. Thanks to iTrip.net Vacation Rentals] #itrips for convincing me to try this very exciting PLAN B idea.   We realize this #staycations style homes aren’t for everyone but it’s my hope many families will be able to pull together and have family reunions in this home.  Who knows maybe even our family will reunite one weekend at the old house..  at this point … we are not live yet but working feaverously to get it ready before year end.  Put your name on the list at “stay at Rolofffarms dot com”.  #lovelove to you all!

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1