Type keyword(s) to search

Matt and Caryn

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I'd love to watch a weekly show featuring only little Jackson IF I didn't want him and his childhood ruined by being in "showbiz" (no matter what level).  He's such a smart and charming kid but I worry about his future...and especially his poor little legs.

In the beginning I used to love little Jackson but he's not the same.  Up close he has a nasty look on his face.  He's just a mean family member.  A bully.

I'm not sure who created this monster.  Matt and Caryn, TLC, or Zack and Tori.

• Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

That last sentence isn't binding in any legal way.   They are a couple in terms of "romance" only. Caryn has no legal rights as far as Matt's sole financial holdings are concerned; he can certainly ask her advice--and share 100% of his personal information.  She also has no responsibilities should he happen to be sued "for everything he owns." She's free and clear...no "couplehood" can be considered. 

When there's a meeting about family business or family finances, she shouldn't be there.

If Matt dies unmarried without a will leaving something to Caryn, too bad for Caryn. If they purchased and own (title) that Arizona home together, no worries for Caryn (except Matt's percentage will go to his heirs).  If Matt didn't have a will, the rest of his property will go to his next of kin: his kids.

I suspect Matt is just as smart in planning for the future as he was in making such a success of Roloff Farms.

Maybe Matt has named Caryn as the Trustee of his finances should he die or becomes incapacitated!  Then she would surely have a right to be at all meetings regarding money.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

A combination, but "showbiz" will do it to a kid almost every time.  I haven't noticed anything negative about him.  He's young and required to "be mature" for his job.  I'd probably give him a pass again and again.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Maybe Matt has named Caryn as the Trustee of his finances should he die or becomes incapacitated!  Then she would surely have a right to be at all meetings regarding money.

Had that (if true) been made clear at "the big meeting," there would be fewer hurt feelings -- or hurt feelings for a different reason.  I doubt if Genius Matt considers anyone other than himself competent enough.  It's possible that Caryn has "a certain influence," but probably not on his money.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

The years following I understood alimony was a temporary thing. Who  was the famous actor or celebrity that lived long term with someone and got palimony. I know you know BACK ATCHA 

Lee Marvin is one...maybe the first.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

In the beginning I used to love little Jackson but he's not the same.  Up close he has a nasty look on his face.  He's just a mean family member.  A bully.

Me too, I used to love little Jackson but lately he’s an insufferable bossy little brat…. Can’t stand the way he constantly steals the spotlight from Lilah and always has to be the center of attention.

I remember back when he was about 3 1/2 Tori would put LPBW on the TV and ask him who’s tv show it was and he’d say MY SHOW and Tori said that’s right “The Jackson Show!”

Since then I’ve seen her do that several times on Instagram and he’s gotten more and more full of himself like HE’S the star of his own TV show…. Nevermind that it’s called “Little PEOPLE big World” and there’s several little people on the show… his gramma, his grampa, his dad, his sister and now his baby brother….  he thinks it’s all about him and he’s the star.

No wonder it took him a month or more to finally receive a good behaviour report from his teacher, he’s way too full of himself.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Heck  maybe Matt and Caryn are already married but prefer to keep that quiet and private between themselves.

I remember in one of their talking heads that she slipped up and referred to Matt as her husband but she quickly corrected herself. I have suspected that they might be married.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
On 11/12/2022 at 4:38 AM, 65mickey said:

I remember in one of their talking heads that she slipped up and referred to Matt as her husband but she quickly corrected herself. I have suspected that they might be married.

I remember that, it was kind of weird, Caryn blurted out "husband" when referring to Matt and then suddenly realized and scrambled to correct herself.

I have no idea if they're married or not, I can't imagine why they'd keep it a secret if they were but people do strange things all the time that don't make any sense so who knows.

JMO but I can't imagine Matt marrying again.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 11/14/2022 at 3:39 PM, Munchkin said:

JMO but I can't imagine Matt marrying again.

I think he'd consider marrying Caryn if he BELIEVES she will help him physically as he declines.  He'd require a STRONG prenup in his favor; she's too crafty for that.

"In his favor" means she'd get NOTHING he brought into the marriage.

• Love 1

Why would she want to marry Matt and devote her life to being his caregiver just for him to cut her out of his will? That seems like a bad deal for her and completely unfair. If he requires a caregiver and his kids want Caryn to be left nothing then let them take care of Matt in his declining years. Fat chance that will happen and I am sure Matt knows this.

• Applause 2
  • Love 4
On 11/11/2022 at 6:54 PM, Ms.Lulu said:

And so this idea that Caryn wouldn't support Matt in negotiations is probably something that neither of them considered.

Various stories make it seem that Caryn (not a family member...and a considered a "usurper" by some) took over the negotiations--definitely ENDED them.  Perhaps next time a "family" business meeting is called (if ever), it's something they Matt and girlfriend should consider.  Things Matt said in recent episodes give the impression he thinks so too.

• Love 1

What would be the source of those "various stories"? Stories being the operative word. The negotiations are over. Zach and Tori are no longer a part of the negotiations. And Matt being the sole owner of the farm can have Caryn or whomever he wants to be involved in furture negotiotions. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

The airbnb is available now. $645 per night plus cleaning and service fees.

World Renowned Roloff Farms, Pets OK, Games

Several large grass areas around the property can be utilized by guests, however some of the more unique farm features can be viewed from a distance, they are *not* accessible or included in the rental. This includes but is not entirely limited to the 'Western Town, Castle, Barns, Pond, etc.) Pictures both before booking and after the fact have been provided for clear boundaries.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

For such a large piece of land the boundaries around the house are restrictive.  How are the boundaries going to be enforced?  Is Matt going to have to pay for security? This isn't like getting a place where there are a lot of activities nearby.  

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Absolom said:

For such a large piece of land the boundaries around the house are restrictive.  How are the boundaries going to be enforced?  Is Matt going to have to pay for security? This isn't like getting a place where there are a lot of activities nearby.  

2 hours ago, b4pjoe said:

Pictures both before booking and after the fact have been provided for clear boundaries.

boundries.jpeg

• Sad 1
  • Useful 2

Unless he can market this to groups for business  conferences  or family reunions I don't see how he will make any money off this. Pepole staying in an Air B&B usually  want to be near a city where they can sight see or attend events not stuck out on a farm with nothing to do but look at scenery. Unless he has someone on site preparing breakfast I don't get why they are call this an Air B&B when it seems like it is a short term vacation rental. I didn't read the details on this so I might be wrong but $645 per night is not a lot of money split among several families. Heck there are hotels in cities that charge this per night for one room. Out of whatever he makes he has to pay for people to clean the place pay taxes, utilities, insurance and a fee to the Air B&B people. Maybe he is holding off on selling to appease the family or waitiing for real esate sales to pick up. But I can see this being a money loser. If I were Matt I would have either pulled the property off the market for awhile and then reduced the price. 

1 hour ago, Absolom said:

It's not like the attractions are fenced off. I can't imagine what his insurance bill is. If a child or a teenager strikes out to the attractions and gets hurt or God forbid killed can you imagine the lawsuit even with insurance?

Edited by 65mickey
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

I have to admit that I'm worried about Matt and Caryn's relationship.  This rift with the family is putting tremendous strain on it, no longer having access to the kids takes a lot of the fun out of it, the farm/house transition isn't going to plan, and now even Ron's death - leaving Hunny a widow - puts a crimp in their Arizona life where the sets of parents were friendly and hanging out, forming a family there.  I also don't know how Matt will adjust to retirement or if Caryn will ever move in!

Personally, I think it's a shame that after overcoming so much and achieving such great things in spite of  severe disabilities, he now has to contend with such crap.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Dibs said:

Personally, I think it's a shame that after overcoming so much and achieving such great things in spite of  severe disabilities, he now has to contend with such crap.

It's all called life.  Matt hasn't had to overcome more than a lot of us here and some of us have achieved as much or more than by needing to fund our families by putting them on a TV show.   Parents die.  My last one did a few weeks ago.  Relationships have their up their ups and downs.  Matt's relationships with his kids are to a great extent self-inflicted wounds.  

• Like 6
  • Hugs 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, stoppro said:

I dislike matt, I hope the crap keeps coming.

Late to the show, been bingeing. I liked Matt in the beginning. I admired him overcoming a sad childhood and becoming a successful business person. I think since I don't wait a week (or months for new seasons), the family dysfunction has been magnified. Amy is making the best of her reset with Chris. Matt is a mean-spirited little man (no reflection on his stature). I wish no ill on him, but just not sure he can ever be happy or content.

• Like 6
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Dibs said:

now even Ron's death - leaving Hunny a widow - puts a crimp in their Arizona life where the sets of parents were friendly and hanging out, forming a family there.

Just because Honny is a widow why should this affect her hanging out and being friendly with Caryn's parents? Does she need a spouse to be part of their group? 

4 hours ago, Absolom said:

Matt hasn't had to overcome more than a lot of us here and some of us have achieved as much or more than by needing to fund our families by putting them on a TV show.

I do not know what most posters here have had to overcome but I consider my self average and in no way have I had to overcome what Matt has in the way of physical  challenges . I have not achieved anything close to what he has. And a lot of this was done before the TV show.  But yes the show and the income helped. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, BAForever said:

Amy is making the best of her reset with Chris. Matt is a mean-spirited little man (no reflection on his stature). I wish no ill on him, but just not sure he can ever be happy or content.

I don't agree that Amy is making the best of her reset with Chris. Week after week she goes off on Matt. Her bitterness is palpable. She cannot let go of the farm. If Amy is allowed to find happiness in a new relationship why isn't Matt allowed to have a happy life with Caryn?

5 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Just because Honny is a widow why should this affect her hanging out and being friendly with Caryn's parents? Does she need a spouse to be part of their group? 

I do not know what most posters here have had to overcome but I consider my self average and in no way have I had to overcome what Matt has in the way of physical  challenges . I have not achieved anything close to what he has. And a lot of this was done before the TV show.  But yes the show and the income helped. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

So all of the talk about none of the Roloff kids wanting anything to do with Matt is a bunch of hooey. I bet when Tori the sourpuss sees pictures like this it eats at her.

Maybe Huny is in assisted living or an independent retirement community. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
On 12/13/2022 at 6:55 PM, 65mickey said:

So all of the talk about none of the Roloff kids wanting anything to do with Matt is a bunch of hooey. I bet when Tori the sourpuss sees pictures like this it eats at her.

Maybe Huny is in assisted living or an independent retirement community. 

Molly and Jacob seem to be of good terms with Matt. The twins, not so much. But those two each apparently were still all hunky dory with Matt when they each thought they could get a huge part of their siblings inheritance at a bargain rate.

It looked like some sort of assisted living on the last episode. I think Matt said she had broken a hip. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

This is just my personal opinion, so take it as such, but if Matt were broke, Caryn would never have given him the time of day.  The same could probably be said of Chris and Amy.

Their appeal to these reasonably attractive, people of "normal" height, is their fame and their money.  Definitely NOT their charming personalities or stunning good looks.  Take away the money and the fame and Caryn and Chris disappear like smoke.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1

I agree.  Caryn was an employee of Matt and Amy.  Perhaps she saw the amount of MONEY the little enterprise was making and Matt suddenly become sort of attractive ... then MORE attractive as she saw how easy it was to manipulate (heh heh heh) him.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

I easily see why Caryn was attracted to Matt.  I’ve always thought he was personable, interesting, inspiring and attractive.  My mom thought so too.  Back in the early days when we’d see the not so nice Amy moments, we’d comment, watch out Amy, he’s going to get fed up one day and leave….and he won’t have trouble finding a girlfriend!  I never really believed he’d do it.  Lol.  

In all fairness, I though Amy had some good qualities too, but not with Matt.  They were not compatible at all.   

• Like 5

I was married to a Matt.  It wasn't nearly as much fun as it may look from the outside.  Alcoholic, narcissists while they can be charming when they want and do love to do the smooze the crowd stuff are dreadful when it comes to anything practical and don't get near them with the word budget.  Remember Matt going behind Amy's back and doing what he wanted?  That gets old so fast when you're the one buying the kids' clothes and groceries for the family and you find out the money you thought was there is gone.  Or when Matt just ditched the family in Europe to do what he wanted?  Yeah, that's not so fun to be one always picking up the pieces.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Wow… so Matt’s an alcoholic now? 🙄

Seems to me that Amy’s the one with her nose stuck in a drink more often than not.

Matt has been arrested more than once for alcohol related offense, including driving under the influence. 

• Like 7
1 hour ago, MamaGee said:

Matt has been arrested more than once for alcohol related offense, including driving under the influence. 

And that automatically makes him an alcoholic?  

Edited by Joan of Argh
Emo
  • Like 4

That might not be something "automatic," but if he's aware enough to assure his alcohol intake isn't on camera much--AND has some alcohol-related problems with the law,  perhaps "alcoholism"  should be discussed--without judgment.  

• Like 1
(edited)

In 2003 he completed an alcohol diversion program, and the charges were dropped.

In 2007 the jury was dismissed (for defying an order by the judge) the trial continued with the judge, and the judge found him not guilty. 

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 3
14 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

And that automatically makes him an alcoholic?  

I didn't say it did. Please don't put words in my mouth since we are only commenting on what is SAID. I am only pointing out he has had legal trouble due to alcohol. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
12 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Or maybe he doesn't feel the need to drink much anymore since he no longer lives with Amy. 

Exactly and these days it’s Amy who’s always got a drink in her hand… I guess it helps with the kinky sex and role playing.

I never see Matt or Caryn wandering around with a cup full of booze 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Is there any evidence that Matt is secretely drinking or is this just an opinion?  Because it could be said that if Amy is often seen during the show imbibing and on social media with an alcoholic beverage she must be really knocking it down in private. But that would be an opinion. 

• Applause 4