Type keyword(s) to search

Matt and Caryn

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, b4pjoe said:

That was the arrangement in the past. I've seen nothing saying it will be that way after they get married. But...ya never know.

It was from Matt:

https://pagesix.com/2023/04/19/little-people-big-world-star-matt-roloff-engaged-to-caryn-chandler/ 

"During an August episode of “Little People, Big World,” Roloff shared how they planned to keep their romance going."

"Our grand plan right now is to stay committed, stay in love, go to Arizona and spend a tremendous amount of time together,” he said in a confessional at the time. “Then when we’re here in Portland, we’ll live individually and see each other a lot.”

It's a little confusing, because they took the comment from a confessional from the show back in August, so who knows.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, b4pjoe said:

That was the arrangement in the past. I've seen nothing saying it will be that way after they get married. But...ya never know.

I went back and re-read the article linked in the media thread and you know what, you are right. That was a quote from an interview they gave a while back.  Thanks for catching that! 

That being established, I should certainly hope that Matt would let Caryn live in the fancy new house he is building once they are legally married.   But with him, who knows?  He's a giant asshole.  But I would think Caryn would insist on it ... she surely knows moving in would strengthen her claim on the family homestead, allowing her to finally cash in once Matt is dead and she gets that big payday at last ... 

Caryn has her eye on the prize, no mistake about it!  World-class golddigger, that one! 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

What they have is a proper LAT-relationship: Living Apart Together. It works for loads of people. You’re together, but still independent, particularly when it comes to housing and finances.

I just fail to see what a marriage brings to Matt and Caryn’s relationship. Neither seem overly romantic nor do I believe they need a marriage to confirm their relationship. If they each have  their own house or apartment, they’re also financially independent, or up to point. So no real practical or financial reasons either. For inheritance purposes, even married couples shouldmake up a will to cover everything.
So, is it for show purposes? Or does he privately resent Amy’s 2nd marriage and wants to prove that his relationship is as valid as hers? Far-fetched maybe, but this is Matt and illogical and childish decisions are his trademark after all!

• Like 2
  • Useful 5
21 minutes ago, LilyD said:

So, is it for show purposes?

IMO, absolutely YES.  It will create story lines that the producers think will draw in viewers.

Tori also mentioned THEM leaving the show (when I see it I'll believe it because I don't think ZiT could maintain their lifestyle without the check from TLC). 

Also, the dynamics between the upcoming wedding of Matt and Caryn and ZiT's response to it (including whether their kids will take part in the ceremony) is also ample grist for the producers proverbial mill.  They'll milk the dissention between and among the parties for all it's worth! 

Amy and Chris, on the other hand, are fading into oblivion insofar as their drawing in viewers.

Edited by pdlinda
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2

24 minutes ago, LilyD said:

So, is it for show purposes?

They can try to resuscitate this show all they want, but it's floating belly-up in the pond.  This wedding isn't going to revive interest in anything as far as I am concerned.

I have ZERO interest in watching Caryn dress shopping, the happy couple tasting cakes, selecting flowers, or Matt getting fitted for a tux.   Spare me.  And some tedious, manufactured drama about who is going to show up isn't going to make it any more interesting.

Unless they are going to finally get real about the specifics of their rifts - who said what to whom about the farm sale, for example - no thanks.  Unless Amy wants to spill the tea about Caryn hooking up with Matt while she was still his wife, nope.  I can't bring myself to actually root for Zach or Jeremy's marriages to break up, but I'd tune in if it happened, I admit.  But the day-to-day minutiae of their lives hold zero interest for me.  And Caryn and Matt's wedding holds even less!

• Like 8

Come on, guys.  You're missing it.  They'll get married May 12.  There will be much gossip about whether ZIT will attend, and who is mad at whom, and why. In the end Tori will have the convenient excuse that it's Jackson's birthday, so she will have to stay home.  Zach will put in a brief appearance in the name of family publicity, er, harmony, then will understandably have to dash home for his son's birthday party.  Now, where do we stand on tiaras or no? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

But the day-to-day minutiae of their lives hold zero interest for me.  And Caryn and Matt's wedding holds even less!

I was more thinking about the producers ginning up "conflict" between Matt and Caryn leading to uncertainty whether the wedding would ever take place. 

There was also mention earlier from a poster that some story lines might be developed regarding the folks who rent out the big house as an Air B&B.  Of course, those participants would have to agree to appear on the show.

There definitely, 100%, would be no interest, as you point out, in traditional pre-wedding events/purchases, as you mentioned.  I agree with you on that.

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

People marry for all kinds of reasons.  Sometimes, it’s complicated.  Some people still believe it’s appropriate to marry before officially living together.  I can understand that.  

True, which was why I was getting over all the options I could think of. As for your other suggestion: if rumors are true, there was something between Matt and Caryn when he was still married to Amy. If you can get over that, you probably don’t care if living together unmarried is appropriate or not either. 
But you’re spot on with calling it complicated😉

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

I’d watch a wedding and all the preparations!  Rather watch that than watch Tori tell Zack how it’s all going to happen with Zack sitting on the chair his father designed and built pontificating about things he knows nothing about and has no control over!

I’m always up for a 👰 💒 wedding!

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
50 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I’d watch a wedding and all the preparations!  Rather watch that than watch Tori tell Zack how it’s all going to happen with Zack sitting on the chair his father designed and built pontificating about things he knows nothing about and has no control over!

I’m always up for a 👰 💒 wedding!

Don't worry you will get plenty of Zack's new workshop footage too. 🙁

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2

Me, I watch for the camera person panning to ZIT's trashed house and the lovely toxic outdoor space at their home. I watch Amy's face for tiny (or not so tiny) eye rolls and other facial expressions. I watch for Matt's cluttered office and pray every season that Amy is back to hoarding. I live for news of Zach getting a job. 

I'm in no matter what they show, cause the fun part isn't the storyline, its everything else.

Edited by BAForever
Duplicate weirdness
  • Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3
On 4/21/2023 at 11:36 AM, Dibs said:

Amy's ring was supposedly chosen because she collects hearts

She also collects (iirc) clown themed items like coffee cups? That could have  made a lovely wedding ring for Amy....a Bozo the clown diamond.

• Sad 1
  • LOL 6

I thought this video taken by actual patron was interesting.  Please pardon me if it’s already been posted somewhere. There are quite a few of the family members that were there.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 7

Apparently Matt had a health scare when a scheduled "routine" (although that's usually done for a specific reason) endoscopy resulted in complications and an overnight stay in the hospital.  Not sure if the problem was the age-old little person airway thing or something related to his fairly unusual form of dwarfism and/or unique physiology.

• Useful 4
(edited)

It is not a big deal to end up spending the night after an endoscopy.  My daughter did and she was early twenties.  It can be as simple as it took longer than average, it was done later in the day, or it took more medication than average.  They could have had a little bleeding that they felt safer having him supervised to monitor.  Of course, they could have had a larger problem, but a big problem would have had him in surgery.  That would be a health scare to me.

When my daughter stayed we didn't call it a health scare, we called it daughter's normal reaction to having a procedure.  I'm not in the least surprised the kids didn't feel it was instagram response worthy.  I didn't even bother calling any of the relatives except her sister who was going to need to stay with her the next day after I got her home to her own place.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4
On 1/9/2023 at 12:37 AM, Joan of Argh said:

I’m pretty sure it’s an opinion since none of us are following Matt around 24/7 and you know what they say about “opinions” they’re like assholes, everybody's got one 😋

and then I add..."and I don't necessarily want to see it or hear it"...lol

• Wink 3
  • LOL 1
On 5/27/2023 at 12:57 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

I hope it wasn't a botched endoscopy! That's how they killed Joan Rivers!

Yes, it is!  Supposedly...  At any rate, Matt said it had something to do with his diastrophic dysplasia physiology.  I wouldn't be surprised if he had some sort of spinal malformation, as a lot of his bones and joints are malformed and misshapen.

• Like 2
  • Useful 5
42 minutes ago, BAForever said:

So.... short term rentals didn't work out

I looked a couple of times and it had been booked for quite a few dates. I believe it was listed at 4 million last time.

• Useful 4

I was surprised at how many bookings they've had.  It's probably more trouble than Matt wants to deal with and using a management company lessens the aggravation, but lowers the take.  It's probably easier to dump the property if he can.  It still seems on the high end for pricing, but not outrageous like last time.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, b4pjoe said:

Still listed on Vrbo and has booked dates on the calendar: World Renowned Roloff Farms

I thought you added the "World Renowned" part to be funny because really now.  Would, say, my hypothetical cousin from Dublin, Ireland know of it?  Or my hypothetical brother-in-law who lives in Amsterdam?  World renowned.  Ha.  Let's calm down.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
7 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I thought you added the "World Renowned" part to be funny because really now.  Would, say, my hypothetical cousin from Dublin, Ireland know of it?  Or my hypothetical brother-in-law who lives in Amsterdam?  World renowned.  Ha.  Let's calm down.

😆

Just copied and pasted from Vrbo.

• Like 6

The “Pet Fee” seems a bit much to me or is that normal?

plus the pool isn’t heated, we have an inground pool and if it’s not heated I’m not going in.

the whole write up sounds like someone who doesn’t really like strangers staying there or wandering around his property, I don’t think the rentals idea is Matt’s cup of tea.

IMG_6323.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 3
28 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think Matt's done and ready to roll.  What's the latest on the house being built for Matt and Caryn?

I agree with you.  QUESTION:  How are Jacob and Zach going to manage financially without the $$$ from the show/farm?

Jeremy, we know, is "set" because they have some type of income-producing "cockamaymie" business AND he has wealthy in-laws and owns an expensive property. 

Molly is a financially independent, married, professional with no children (as yet) .

Zach and Tori are delusional if they think they can maintain their lifestyle on her income from being a media "influencer."

Jacob and Izzy, similarly, (although I don't think they derive income from the show), DO get paid (I'm assuming well) by Matt for helping him on the farm and they also get housing.  I can only speculate (never a good thing to do, but who cares🤩) that Matt (with all his millions) will set up some type of "trust" to support Jacob and family until they can find a way to make a living that is steady, reliable and continuing and live comfortably on their own.  If, (as with some members of my own family), that day never arrives (financial independence) he will support them forever (probably finding some type of work for them to do).

• Like 1

I don’t think the sale will effect the show/farm income because Matt’s only offering the big house that Amy lived in for sale plus the 16 acres it sits on.

He can still run the farm side where his new house and Jacobs RV are located and the show can still film.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
5 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

He can still run the farm side where his new house and Jacobs RV are located and the show can still film.

Oh, I didn't know that Jacob lived in an RV.  Is that their choice or temporary?

• Useful 1
8 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

Oh, I didn't know that Jacob lived in an RV.  Is that their choice or temporary?

I’m not sure, I just remember seeing pics of the RV and Jacob talking about it, I’m assuming they’re still living in it.

I don’t think Matt is allowed to keep his double wide once he moves into his new house so I don’t think Jacob and Izzy could move into it.

I seem to remember Matt saying his property is only zoned for one house… but maybe @ginger90 could weigh in.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I don’t think the sale will effect the show/farm income because Matt’s only offering the big house that Amy lived in for sale plus the 16 acres it sits on.

You're right Matt's just selling a portion of the farm.  For some reason I was thinking he was selling everything!

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I seem to remember Matt saying his property is only zoned for one house…

I’m thinking that’s the case but I don’t have it in my memory. 🤣🤣

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

They aren’t on the same property.

Isn't the "farm" one property until they split it up at sale which they haven't done yet? Or was it always more than one property?

4 hours ago, b4pjoe said:

Isn't the "farm" one property until they split it up at sale which they haven't done yet? Or was it always more than one property?

Okay to the best of my recollection

The Roloffs bought the first roughly 33 acres of the farm where the original farm house sat in 1990 for about $185,000, eventually they renovated the old farm house and turned it into the big house that's currently for sale with 16 acres of land.

That was one of the main bones of contention over the sale of the farm house side to Zach (and possibly Jeremy) Matt only wanted to include 16 acres of the original 33 acres that the house sat on which meant a lot of the wooded area wasn't included.

The rest of the farm where Matt's double wide and his newly constructed home sit was purchased later on, it's a separate piece of property that's approximately 100 acres give or take a few acres.

He must have reconfigured sub-divided the original 33 acres the farm house sat on because he currently has it listed as 16 acres. 

• Like 5

What people CONTINUE to get wrong is that not only did real estate go up 2-3 times in a couple of years, Matt bought Amy out of only HER HALF of that HALF property.  Zach tried paying just a little more for ALL of it (both halves).  When he wouldn't go up on his price, Matt tried to compromise by reducing the size of the footprint, at which point Zit took their ball and went home.  As to "what was said," I imagine it was something like "you're an idiot," because they two of them are.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

Watching a rerun recently, I noticed Zach saying Matt "bought Mom's half of the farm."  No, Zach; try to follow along.  That half of the farm was jointly owned by Matt and Amy, so what Matt bought was technically HALF of that HALF of the farm, or ONE FOURTH of the farm.  You, on the other hand, tried to buy an actual half of the farm for just a little more than Amy was paid for her fourth of the farm.  This all comes down to Zach -- and teacher Tori -- being too dumb to understand simple math!!!

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1