Type keyword(s) to search

Matt and Caryn

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Is there any evidence that Matt is secretly drinking or is this just an opinion?  Because it could be said that if Amy is often seen during the show imbibing and on social media with an alcoholic beverage she must be really knocking it down in private. But that would be an opinion. 

I’m pretty sure it’s an opinion since none of us are following Matt around 24/7 and you know what they say about “opinions” they’re like assholes, everybody's got one 😋

• Like 5
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Is there any evidence that Matt is secretely drinking or is this just an opinion?  Because it could be said that if Amy is often seen during the show imbibing and on social media with an alcoholic beverage she must be really knocking it down in private. But that would be an opinion. 

Another opinion is that one of them has learned to be wary.  Perhaps the other isn't drinking any more or less than she was--and didn't have an "occasion" or two that caused her to even consider being wary (wary of onscreen drinking).  I may have turned to some sort of "outside help" if I had married Matt in my 20s and had three kids on that "farm":  illegal drugs, alcohol, gambling, therapy+meds. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Another opinion is that one of them has learned to be wary.  Perhaps the other isn't drinking any more or less than she was--and didn't have an "occasion" or two that caused her to even consider being wary (wary of onscreen drinking).  I may have turned to some sort of "outside help" if I had married Matt in my 20s and had three kids on that "farm":  illegal drugs, alcohol, gambling, therapy+meds. 

What?

• Applause 1
  • LOL 5

Don't understand the "What?" but I'll pretend I do.

• If I had married Matt (or a Matt clone) when I was in my 20s...
  • If I had three kids in my 20s...
  • If I lived on Matt's "farm"...

I may have turned to illegal drugs, alcohol (if only WINE), gambling, therapy w/prescribed meds...and MORE!  I do not think Amy is drinking to excess, but I DO think Matt always has and always will unless HELP comes along.  He's not going to ask for it.

• Like 6

Matt made a social media post last week stating how good the rental of the big house was going.  There is a lot of interest in staying there.  Apparently Joel and Molly stayed there and the calendar is filling up quick.  Glad he found a way to make money, so when he is no longer around ZiT can count their money instead of the acres of farm they didn’t get!

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
On 2/12/2023 at 4:44 PM, Joan of Argh said:

I guess Matt is taking a page from Amy’s playbook….. super close-ups to gross people out.

Anyone else think he's taking a poke at Amy's Insta face?  Pretty accurate!  I hike with people like Amy.  Forever taking selfies, which is bad enough, but also sticking their big heads in front of groups of people who don't necessarily wish to be photographed - particularly when sweaty, tired, and breathless from hiking.  I call them Phone Snipers.  Truly terrorists!

It's funny, but I never got the narcissist vibe from Amy when she was younger (I recently found a way to watch past seasons).  In the earliest ones, I swear she and Matt even seemed like a great team -- I would go so far as to say a "power couple" when it came to the LPA org.  Both ambitious, successful, resourceful, determined, and it appeared at times very much in love.  It didn't take long for her to start dissing Matt and his projects, however.  Still, I didn't perceive that she was the ego-maniac she is now...

Mostly, IMO, it's her way of rubbing her "happiness" in Matt's face. 

Edited by Dibs
  • Like 5
5 hours ago, Dibs said:

Anyone else think he's taking a poke at Amy's Insta face?  Pretty accurate!  I hike with people like Amy.  Forever taking selfies, which is bad enough, but also sticking their big heads in front of groups of people who don't necessarily wish to be photographed - particularly when sweaty, tired, and breathless from hiking.  I call them Phone Snipers.  Truly terrorists!

It's funny, but I never got the narcissist vibe from Amy when she was younger (I recently found a way to watch past seasons).  In the earliest ones, I swear she and Matt even seemed like a great team -- I would go so far as to say a "power couple" when it came to the LPA org.  Both ambitious, successful, resourceful, determined, and it appeared at times very much in love.  It didn't take long for her to start dissing Matt and his projects, however.  Still, I didn't perceive that she was the ego-maniac she is now...

How can you watch past seasons? 

9 hours ago, Dibs said:

I think Amy is trying to show Matt ‘anything you can do I can do better’!

Matt was the lead in making money and making things happen. 

Amys going to show him!  Fudge, cooking, marrying down. Oh yes Amy’s showing him!

• LOL 3
(edited)
On 3/3/2023 at 3:27 PM, Spazamanaz said:

How can you watch past seasons? 

Extreme boredom!  I don't get Discovery+, but I found a free Facebook page and YouTube channel.  Search under KingDom.  He/she seems to be a ZiT fan, but also has playlists of all the old seasons starting with the first.  It's quite the eye-opener if you were too busy living life to watch the show the first time around, as I was!  

Edited by Dibs
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, Dibs said:

Extreme boredom!  I don't get Discovery+, but I found a free Facebook page and YouTube channel.  Search under KingDom.  He/she seems to be a ZiT fan, but also has playlists of all the old seasons starting with the first.  It's quite the eye-opener if you were too busy living life to watch the show the first time around, as I was!  

Thanks for the info to watch old shows. I never watched because I just wasn't interested. Also Amy's house was a pig style and I just couldn't look at the mess. Ick. 

• Like 4
30 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

Thanks for the info to watch old shows. I never watched because I just wasn't interested. Also Amy's house was a pig style and I just couldn't look at the mess. Ick. 

The house was sooo bad.  I wonder how she explains that to Chris as she’s listing Matt’s million faults?

We could bring over a few pictures for old times sake like the sheetless beds, sinks full of dirty dishes and the piles of crap everywhere. 

Perhaps many never saw the filth under Amy’s watch!

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1

AED10C54-EC88-4D05-89BD-E6C497CD76BA.jpeg

A reply by Matt, in the comments:

it’s a 3 bedroom. house with an oversized office.  it also has a Mule Port that is a covered area for me to pull up my rig and step off into the house without getting up/down.  so a few nice features. but generally a simple nice home

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
On 3/13/2023 at 7:22 PM, ginger90 said:

AED10C54-EC88-4D05-89BD-E6C497CD76BA.jpeg

A reply by Matt, in the comments:

it’s a 3 bedroom. house with an oversized office.  it also has a Mule Port that is a covered area for me to pull up my rig and step off into the house without getting up/down.  so a few nice features. but generally a simple nice home

Is this for real?  I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like it before.  

Simple home, my ass.

Three bedrooms, okay.  How big are they?  What about the bathrooms?  I'm guessing at least 3.5.  Of course there is an oversized office for Matt.  He has to put his piles of junk and empty liquor bottles someplace.  I'm sure the kitchen will be glorious for his homewrecking sidepiece  girlfriend to enjoy.

I'm okay with the special mule thing for him - fine.  He is getting older and more fragile and he needs that.  But he can take the rest of his McMansion and shove it!  

The only thing simple about his house is going to be the guy who lives in it. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 10
On 3/16/2023 at 12:29 PM, ginger90 said:

From the way the picture was taken, at first it looks huge. Taking the form spacing into consideration, it’s really not.

If you were to give an estimate, how big do you think it is? I agree it’s probably smaller than you’d think but I still think it’s huge. But maybe it looks that way because it incorporates the covered area to get in and out of the car?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
On 3/20/2023 at 10:22 PM, LilyD said:

If you were to give an estimate, how big do you think it is? I agree it’s probably smaller than you’d think but I still think it’s huge. But maybe it looks that way because it incorporates the covered area to get in and out of the car?

I really don’t know….reminds me of an ark. Lol

• LOL 2
41 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshots from a video:

154D741F-F1FC-4545-B42D-5EAAEB34F747.jpeg

D56EE626-33BA-49A5-AE96-EF9750F5A3A2.jpeg

Looks like he has an attached garage in the new build and he built a massive detached garage back around when Amy got married. I guess he needs a lot of garages?

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
15 minutes ago, stoppro said:

Caryn getting nearer to the gold mine.

You know the saying about marrying for money?  You earn every damn dime!  Lol  I don’t really get that from Caryn.  She seems plenty independent and capable to me.  She’s personable and attractive.  I’d think she has many options.  

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

You know the saying about marrying for money?  You earn every damn dime!  Lol  I don’t really get that from Caryn.  She seems plenty independent and capable to me.  She’s personable and attractive.  I’d think she has many options.  

She's got great hair and cute clothes. They've been together a long time. Good for them, hope they are happy.

I kind of question the long engagement at their age though- Matt's health is always an issue. Hmmm, could it be all about ratings? Maybe one engagement season and the next is the wedding??

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

I would suspect that Caryn was ready for a ring or to walk.  A ceremony would keep TLC interested, I’d think.  So, with the new house and wedding, they’ll have show content for another season or two.  Imo, enough to cut out ZIT.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 7
  • LOL 4

I agree. The timing is perfect. 

I think Tori has met her match in Matt!

Tori made the first move “we might leave the show “. 

Matt makes his move “We’re having an engagement and wedding in our new home”!

Checkmate!  Lol

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5

Amy better watch out too!  Amy and Chris are boring as hell!  Their claim to fame has mostly been interacting with Matt and Caryn!

Matt might X them out too!  Lol

I’ve said it before. Matt has always been marketing manager for LPBW!

He always comes up with something. 

BTW how’s the rental coming along?  I think that’s another well Matt might tap when the time is right!

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Amy better watch out too!  Amy and Chris are boring as hell!  Their claim to fame has mostly been interacting with Matt and Caryn!

Matt might X them out too!  Lol

I’ve said it before. Matt has always been marketing manager for LPBW!

He always comes up with something. 

BTW how’s the rental coming along?  I think that’s another well Matt might tap when the time is right!

Hey!  I have an idea.  Pumpkin Farm FIANCÉS!  Dwarf couples or one dwarf one average size person,  pair up and stay at the big house to tend to pumpkins and sort out their engagements.  They hang out at the pool, have cocktails, barbecue, drive large farm equipment, tend to animals, and the drama ensues!  Lol. If they get along, the season concludes with a Pumpkin Farm Wedding.  It has potential, imo.  It beats Love In Paradise.  😝

• Applause 2
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Hey!  I have an idea.  Pumpkin Farm FIANCÉS!  Dwarf couples or one dwarf one average size person,  pair up and stay at the big house to tend to pumpkins and sort out their engagements.  They hang out at the pool, have cocktails, barbecue, drive large farm equipment, tend to animals, and the drama ensues!  Lol. If they get along, the season concludes with a Pumpkin Farm Wedding.  It has potential, imo.  It beats Love In Paradise.  😝

Yes for sure.  There are so many connections Matt must have from those little people conferences. He’s a mover and a shaker.

Like Matt or don’t he sure knows how to make the big bucks!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

You’re not alone!

I dislike everyone on this show except the dogs, cats and farm animals. I am a "dislike" watcher. And I for sure will be into watching the Caryn and Matt wedding! 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4

I've always found Matt incredibly annoying with a huge disrespect for the people around him. (Not saying that Amy was a saint btw) But I hated how he did whatever the hell he wanted, spent a fortune on stupid and expensive projects or boy toys, even when there was no support from the rest of his family. He simply didn't care for anything that happened outside the "Matt-Bubble".

I do have to admit that Caryn has a good influence on him. She seems able to manage him up to a certain point. He also shows respect for Caryn, which he never had for Amy (or not that I could see). They seem to work just fine as a couple for whatever magical reason. But I'll probably never understand what attracted Caryn to Matt in the first place. It definitely wasn't his cheerful personality and sweet and caring character!

• Like 7
48 minutes ago, LilyD said:

I've always found Matt incredibly annoying with a huge disrespect for the people around him. (Not saying that Amy was a saint btw) But I hated how he did whatever the hell he wanted, spent a fortune on stupid and expensive projects or boy toys, even when there was no support from the rest of his family. He simply didn't care for anything that happened outside the "Matt-Bubble".

I do have to admit that Caryn has a good influence on him. She seems able to manage him up to a certain point. He also shows respect for Caryn, which he never had for Amy (or not that I could see). They seem to work just fine as a couple for whatever magical reason. But I'll probably never understand what attracted Caryn to Matt in the first place. It definitely wasn't his cheerful personality and sweet and caring character!

This reminds me of the saying in the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding…..they are describing the wife’s function in the marriage.  The husband may be the head of the household, but the wife is the neck…the neck determines which way the head goes. Lol. So, I guess Caryn is a neck.   Lol

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
39 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

Karen’s engagement ring is bigger than Amy’s. That probably isn’t going over too well in Amy Land…

I always thought that Amy's teeny heart-shaped diamond ring was chosen so it would be in proportion to her physical stature.  I think that the size of Karen's ring is also in proportion to her physical stature.

There is really nothing "outstandingly beautiful" about either ring.  Just my opinion.

• Like 5
  • Useful 4

Amy's ring was supposedly chosen because she collects hearts (see: wedding favor rocks) along with coffee cups and flies, and it's allegedly "their symbol," but it probably didn't hurt that the teeny-tiny stone was cheap, as I think Chris likes to keep his money close to his own heart.

It always bothered me that Amy wore it with other rings on adjacent fingers, but we all have our own style.  It will be entertaining to see her reaction to the M&C development, but at least she beat them to it!!!

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

So they are getting married but will only live together while in Arizona.  Not while in Oregon.

Doesn't sound like a match made in Heaven to me!

That was the arrangement in the past. I've seen nothing saying it will be that way after they get married. But...ya never know.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2