Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?

• Start Topic

The Alldredges prepare for Jennifer's visit when Jeff gets a strange text. Vanessa and her twin Clash over her choice to join the Snowdens polygamist lifestyle, and the McGees and Brandy hit it off, but Paige can't seem to hold back her jealousy.

Original air date 2019.03.10

Seeking sister wife is very interesting. I myself could not do this. But my spouse is from west Africa and this does happen openly there so we have spoke of it. He is not interested and I'm not interested but..that being said he is 29 I'm almost 58. I might try ivf but if that dont pan out I feel bad he has no children and I have no children. What if that is my answer??? Ok so on to the show itself.. jennifer needs to grow up stop playing games but otherwise it's a well functioning family. Mcgee's stop the insanity you are not ready for this. Colton not cute at all, wives seem a tad edgy around one another so a 3rd wife right now will blow this up completely. SNOWDENS..O MY. THE WORL HATES THEM.  I kinda like them. And the welfare remark was uncalled for. I think the reason given for not being married was awsome. And vanessa is a blessing I really hope it works, not very likely though. Ashley and demetri have a lot of lifestyle choices that are not the norm and I'm not sure a person not used to them can adapt successfully. I hope she can and I hope her siblings come around. But I dont see a happy ever after.

9 hours ago, Melig8r said:

Wait a minute, plural marriage means your husband goes on dates with other people?  I had no idea 🙄

I honestly don't know what Paige expected. She is not cut out for this lifestyle.

• Love 19

Jeff Alldredge is the creepiest of all creepers. What's that old man looking for such a young girl? Oh, yeah, he needs a brood mare to produce  a dozen more kids. 

I can't stand Dimitri's wife (forget her name). What a pompous, arrogant blowhard. She has a built in baby sitter with Vanessa. Problem is Vanessa is going to be sleeping with her husband. Oops.

Mr. Magee can see his wife is not on board with the plural marriage business, it's hurting her deeply. If he cares for her, he will drop the idea.  

• Love 13

I like the Alldredges, but certainly I'm not the only one who's noticed Jeff has to sit with his legs as far apart as possible in the talking heads! It's so creepy. It's literally like he's trying to do a straddle split, with each wife holding onto one leg. I don't really find him creepy except for when he does that!

• Love 4

I just loved the way the little Snowden kid greeted Vanissa's sister by grabbing and squeezing her boobs, lololol. The twin sister (forgot her name) was right on the money when she said things like "your cult" and something along the lines of Vanessa being a babysiter, nanny and/or housekeeper. Sure sounds like that to me. Special diet, I don't see the other groups all eating the same thing. I keep thinking back to how happy she was to eat that steak before.  For the record, I am a vegetarian, more so than the Snowdens because I thought they said they eat some chicken didn't they? But I don't push my eating agenda on people, just my hubs who had no problem with it. He eats some meat when he gets with his family over the holidays a couple times a year and that's it.

And it looked like Ashley didn't care much for the sisters, we'll have to see where it goes from there.

I feel so bad for Mrs. Mcgee. From the previews, of course Mr.Mcgee continued on with his date. Ahole should have ended things right then when his wife was so upset over it all.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
41 minutes ago, chickenella said:

I feel so bad for Mrs. Mcgee. From the previews, of course Mr.Mcgee continued on with his date. Ahole should have ended things right then when his wife was so upset over it all.

I disagree.  Paige keeps saying OVER and OVER that she believes in polygamy and wants a sister wife.  Well the sister wife paid to fly out there and she's there for the weekend.... he'd BETTER take her out for a date or else forget all this nonsense about getting a sister wife.  Paige freaken hyper-ventilates and has to put her head between her knees so that she doesn't faint because her husband takes a woman to go play Putt-Putt??  Uh ....EVERYBODY on this green earth can see that polygamy is NOT for Paige and she needs to stop playing these games.  I guess it's nice to have the money from TLC, but they are a sham couple when it comes to actually acquiring a sister wife.  Nope, not happening.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

I completely agree! Sorry not sorry - I do not feel sorry for Paige at all. Honestly she's coming across almost like a moron. If every time this happens you get jealous, why do you keep doing it? If you want a "sister" go out and find a girlfriend. It's insane. And Mr. Magee is sitting there like the cat that ate the canary. He's worse than Dimitri with how excited he is about this date!

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 16

Huge ICK factor at the McGee dinner. Oldest son got a look on his face when his Dad held Brandi’s hand during prayer. Then he awkwardly tried to pull his shirt down when leaving the table. 

Sideways looks from the hairstylist doing Brandi and Mrs McGee’s hair while they spoke about polygamy - so funny! 

Dimitri skeeving around trying to figure out how to score some twin action !! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Ashley could hardly contain her gripeyness talking about Vanessa being messy. Of course Dmitri doesn't care THAT much as long as she clears that pile off the bed before the long awaited innnnnnntimacy. It is ULTRA clear to me that she is perpetually stuck with at least 2/3 of those kids falling off of her hem. Call me crazy but I'm even getting an air of smugness coming from the kids, like they know Vanessa is "the help". I thought it was super fake of Dmitri to strap the baby on his back once the sisters got there. Gotta keep up appearances! Speaking of the kids, color me thunderstruck that the third eye having,  pseudo-progressive super crunchy cultural cherry pickers allow their precious offspring to be glued to those iphones like that. Ashley is kind of coming off as a lazy parent. Not judging but don't try to act like Mother Earth when your kids are device dependent and you allow the girl to climb all over someone ( that you both literally JUST met) unchecked. The sisters were comedy gold and right on the money. Vanessa is a nanny and housekeeper who has to stay under Ashley's thumb until she decides to tag her in. 

This Brandy chick is something else. I doubt she cares about hurting the first Mrs. McGee's feelings. Those hair stylists look like they wanted to burn the two witches at the stake. Paige is so obviously unhappy. I think I'd rather him cheat in secret if I were her. Its just tew much. 

Before the Alldredges get another sister wife, they need to get another bathroom!! I don't see how they manage with all those people. I'm getting sick of this dumb ass Jennifer storyline. Please let's be done. 

Oh, yes, I'm glad you mentioned this too.  If you're going to take on a sister wife, wouldn't you have vetted this issue first?  That house looks kind of small for the number of people.  I guess they could afford a bigger house in Atlanta.  I'm sure they must be renting.  I can't imagine they suddenly purchased a house.

Of course, that other house for the family of 10 with one bathroom is even smaller!

As for the Winders, there were not even on last night, right?  After last week's appearance of toothless granny, I wonder why they were gone. 

And while we're at it, why do they keep calling it "intimacy:?  Who talks that way?

Edited by GussieK
Adding more stuff
  • Love 6
53 minutes ago, GussieK said:

And while we're at it, why do they keep calling it "intimacy:?  Who talks that way?

They have a bunch of buzzwords they use to assert their exalted state of enlightenment 🙄

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, GussieK said:

As for the Winders, there were not even on last night, right?  After last week's appearance of toothless granny, I wonder why they were gone. 

Just like last week they didn't show the Alldredges at all.  They don't show every family every week except for the Snowdens, because they are like a train wreck I guess.  Who knows - maybe they won't be on, one week.  Sophie's mother didn't have anything to do with the family not being on this week.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Just like last week they didn't show the Alldredges at all.  They don't show every family every week except for the Snowdens, because they are like a train wreck I guess.  Who knows - maybe they won't be on, one week.  Sophie's mother didn't have anything to do with the family not being on this week.

Well, I thought the addition of this person signaled more involvement with them.  I guess they don't have room for every family every week, as you suggest.

2 minutes ago, GussieK said:

Well, I thought the addition of this person signaled more involvement with them.  I guess they don't have room for every family every week, as you suggest.

Since the Briney's were supposed to be on the show but were pulled after filming there SHOULD be room for everybody, so I don't understand it at all.   lol

• Love 2

I think they aren’t showing them every week because there is nothing going on with them most of the time and their personalities and their dynamic isn’t that interesting, only the Snowden’s are entertaining, and McGees are since they’ve introduced Brandy and her daughter, 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I like the Alldredges, but certainly I'm not the only one who's noticed Jeff has to sit with his legs as far apart as possible in the talking heads! It's so creepy. It's literally like he's trying to do a straddle split, with each wife holding onto one leg. I don't really find him creepy except for when he does that!

He manspreads just like that asswipe Drew Briney.  Why, why, why do these sheeple wives keep buying into this patriarchal bullshit???  It's fascinating and utterly revolting, at the same time.

• Love 8

The Alldredges are lousy hosts. Maybe Jennifer's appendix ruptured on getting notice of her accommodations.

Bernie's heart was so broken for his wife, at home while he's on his date, that he really wants to kiss Brandy.  We see you Bernie.

Watching Vanessa explain her diet to her sisters I thought Ashley must have messages piped into her room while she sleeps.

So Vanessa was ready to kill her twin - how dare she care about her sanity?!  So far the one sister seems to have a brain, but production may have a little deal for her to become 'supportive'.

Ashley seemed in a snit, which wasn't because of the sister's issues but her lack of screen time this episode.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

So Vanessa was ready to kill her twin - how dare she care about her sanity?!  So far the one sister seems to have a brain, but production may have a little deal for her to become 'supportive'.

LOL!  Like they probably did to sweeten up Mama Donna!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Major manspreading.  Unless he is the man with the 132 lb. scrotum he should close his legs.  I am sure there is nothing so enormous or special that it needs to be constantly aired out. 

• LOL 8
30 minutes ago, Lynn said:

i think the Snowden toddler was crawling over Vanessa's twin because she thought she was Vanessa. They are super identical.

I also thought this might have been possible, but still. Ashley needs to reign that in IMO.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Since the Briney's were supposed to be on the show but were pulled after filming there SHOULD be room for everybody, so I don't understand it at all.   lol

Why were the Briney's pulled?

1 hour ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

I also thought this might have been possible, but still. Ashley needs to reign that in IMO.  

Ashley should rein in her toddlers, and Vanessa should rein in her boobs.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

I want to know why Vanessa wasn’t wearing a bra in this episode (although I think she did wear one at lunch with her sisters)?   She really is too well endowed not to wear a bra, that had to be super uncomfortable.   Just because Ashley (doesn’t need) doesn’t wear one...

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Wonder whether the third wife will have to hold onto the leg in the middle.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Glad that Vanessa's twin is giving her a new perspective, but I wonder if her tone was a little tough. Vanessa might need a more gentle approach to ween her out of coming catastrophe. The whole Allredge thing is the usual mess.  Love the treehouse guest room, and one bathroom situation. Personally that would present some big issues for me. Too much time pressure, I'd be worried that I'm taking too long in the bathroom, and that a huge line of preschoolers is backing up outside while I'm trying to take care of business.  What are the odds of a major situation happening not once, but twice to derail Jeff's weird courting of biker/bartender gal Jennifer.  This I think is a blessing in disguise for Jeff who as I've mentioned before is really pushing the domestic bliss envelope with trying to get yet another much younger wife onto his compound/preschool.

Did like Vanessa Alldredge pushing back a little and realizing that going from 50% share of hubby down to 33% is a big drop. If we could only supply these ladies with some good calculators that might keep husbands from getting too many wives.  I confess that from what I can tell from the show she seems a really sweet lady and probably a good wife and mother, which is what irritates me about Jeff looking for more. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, rob in cal said:

Glad that Vanessa's twin is giving her a new perspective, but I wonder if her tone was a little tough. Vanessa might need a more gentle approach to ween her out of coming catastrophe. The whole Allredge thing is the usual mess.  Love the treehouse guest room, and one bathroom situation. Personally that would present some big issues for me. Too much time pressure, I'd be worried that I'm taking too long in the bathroom, and that a huge line of preschoolers is backing up outside while I'm trying to take care of business.  What are the odds of a major situation happening not once, but twice to derail Jeff's weird courting of biker/bartender gal Jennifer.  This I think is a blessing in disguise for Jeff who as I've mentioned before is really pushing the domestic bliss envelope with trying to get yet another much younger wife onto his compound/preschool.

Did like Vanessa Alldredge pushing back a little and realizing that going from 50% share of hubby down to 33% is a big drop. If we could only supply these ladies with some good calculators that might keep husbands from getting too many wives.  I confess that from what I can tell from the show she seems a really sweet lady and probably a good wife and mother, which is what irritates me about Jeff looking for more. 

The problem with Mormon polygamy is a minimum of three wives is required. Since real wife #1 flew the coop, Jeff needs one more. 

• Love 2

I did notice that Vanessa wasn't wearing a bra and she wasn't wearing any makeup at all. I've noticed since she's moved in with them that she hasn't worn any makeup and has the same plain Jane look as Ashley does. I hope this wasn't another "requirement " of Ashley's that Vanessa isn't allowed to do her makeup and hair or dress up anymore. Ashley looked like she was bugged when the two sisters were in the kitchen after just meeting them. You could see the look on her face that she didn't like them. I like Vanessa and I think she's jumping over hoops to please queen Ashley when she shouldn't have to. They should be flattered and honored that she would want to be in a relationship with them two. I do not think they are "stunning" like Vanessa's sister said. I don't think Ashley is in any way pretty or attractive and Dimitri isn't either. They both need to get off their arrogant high horses and be glad that anyone wants to be with them. I can already see Ashley bitching about every little thing Vanessa does because she is threatened by her because she looks way better and has a way better personality.  Even her own kids want to be with Vanessa more then her. It bugs me how arrogant she is.

• Love 16
8 hours ago, Lopethina said:

Ashley should rein in her toddlers, and Vanessa should rein in her boobs.

7 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

I want to know why Vanessa wasn’t wearing a bra in this episode (although I think she did wear one at lunch with her sisters)?   She really is too well endowed not to wear a bra, that had to be super uncomfortable.   Just because Ashley (doesn’t need) doesn’t wear one...

Come on guys, Vanessa is trying to earn her Bindi!! She must fit in at all costs. No meat, dairy or over the shoulder boulder holders allowed.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

The problem with Mormon polygamy is a minimum of three wives is required. Since real wife #1 flew the coop, Jeff needs one more. 

I didn’t know this.  What is the reason for having at least three?  I wonder if this is why Kermit Winder is in such a hurry to add another wife.  

• LOL 1
23 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Ashley could hardly contain her gripeyness talking about Vanessa being messy. Of course Dmitri doesn't care THAT much as long as she clears that pile off the bed before the long awaited innnnnnntimacy. It is ULTRA clear to me that she is perpetually stuck with at least 2/3 of those kids falling off of her hem. Call me crazy but I'm even getting an air of smugness coming from the kids, like they know Vanessa is "the help". I thought it was super fake of Dmitri to strap the baby on his back once the sisters got there. Gotta keep up appearances! Speaking of the kids, color me thunderstruck that the third eye having,  pseudo-progressive super crunchy cultural cherry pickers allow their precious offspring to be glued to those iphones like that. Ashley is kind of coming off as a lazy parent. Not judging but don't try to act like Mother Earth when your kids are device dependent and you allow the girl to climb all over someone ( that you both literally JUST met) unchecked. The sisters were comedy gold and right on the money. Vanessa is a nanny and housekeeper who has to stay under Ashley's thumb until she decides to tag her in. 

This Brandy chick is something else. I doubt she cares about hurting the first Mrs. McGee's feelings. Those hair stylists look like they wanted to burn the two witches at the stake. Paige is so obviously unhappy. I think I'd rather him cheat in secret if I were her. Its just tew much. 

Before the Alldredges get another sister wife, they need to get another bathroom!! I don't see how they manage with all those people. I'm getting sick of this dumb ass Jennifer storyline. Please let's be done. 

Vanessa baffles me. I see no chemistry between her and Dmitry/Ashley. She's ingratiating and trying hard to please, but its a one way street. She's trying to please them. They're indoctrinating her. Its getting really uncomfortable to watch. The kids are more attached to Vanessa than to their parents. The older girl glommed on to anyone who'd pay attention to her. The way she was climbing all over Adrienne was inappropriate, Ashley or Dmitri should have redirected her. Its rude to let your kids clamber all over your guests, its not like they're family or someone they know well.

Dear lord, the hair salon scene! I was dying. The looks on the stylist's faces were hilarious. It speaks well of their professionalism that they didn't bust out laughing right there.

And really? You couldn't call and make an appointment?

Do not even get me started on the treehouse. You are seriously going to put your guest in a treehouse? (the charmingness of the treehouse notwithstanding. Put a few of the kids in the treehouse and let your guest sleep in the house! What if she has to pee in  the middle of the night?)

Before adding another wife? Add on another bathroom. Priorities.

15 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

The Alldredges are lousy hosts. Maybe Jennifer's appendix ruptured on getting notice of her accommodations.

Bernie's heart was so broken for his wife, at home while he's on his date, that he really wants to kiss Brandy.  We see you Bernie.

Watching Vanessa explain her diet to her sisters I thought Ashley must have messages piped into her room while she sleeps.

So Vanessa was ready to kill her twin - how dare she care about her sanity?!  So far the one sister seems to have a brain, but production may have a little deal for her to become 'supportive'.

Ashley seemed in a snit, which wasn't because of the sister's issues but her lack of screen time this episode.

Bernie is a dirty old man, full stop. What a creep.

I was waiting for one of Vanessa's sisters to call her on the quackery of the "alkaline diet".

Ashley is not in the habit of being questioned, is she? She could barely hide her disdain.

I was so skeeved out by this whole episode. I kept checking the time, waiting for it be be over.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Cleopatra C. said:

I do not think they are "stunning" like Vanessa's sister said. I don't think Ashley is in any way pretty or attractive and Dimitri isn't either.

Ashley probably wrote that line for her.  Or Dimitri, who clearly thinks he's quite pretty.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Yeah, this episode made me uncomfortable as well.  Vanessa seems intelligent, beautiful, great personality, easy to get along with, ...why would she allow herself to be drawn into the Snowden cult. She gets the D. Does she get anything else? I dont think so. She can find some D that she will not have to share and hopefully will adore her. I bet we will find out something about Vanessa. If that bitch Ashley told me I couldn't wear a bra she'd have to watch her own kids. Who as stated above are way to familiar with strangers. Dimitri just wants some strange what is Ashley's deal?

The McGees drive me nuts. There is no way Mrs McGee will ever be ready for another wife. And new potential wife doesnt seem to care. And Fibber just wants to sleep with her. Imagine waking up the morning after and facing your teen son as his mom sobs in the corner.

The Alldreges seem like a catfish situation with some kind of twist.  What could she want? And on tv no less.

Kermit's mother-in-laws appearance should be a cautionary tale about how polygamy ages women as well as lack of resources for dental care.

• Love 11
41 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

Kermit's mother-in-laws appearance should be a cautionary tale about how polygamy ages women as well as lack of resources for dental care.

To be fair though, her teeth were knocked out after her husband died and she was no longer living a polygamist lifestyle.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, lu1535 said:

During the couch TH with both Ashley and Dimitri, it looked to me like Ashley was pregnant. Horrifying thought!

I noticed that too.  My thought was maybe she was trying to make a statement to Vanessa before she and Dimitri were intimate.  

Edited by tabloidlover
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Wonder whether the third wife will have to hold onto the leg in the middle.

I mentioned this post to my husband, and his comment was: "One for the right knee, one for the left knee, and one for the weenie." 

This guy still cracks me up, even after 55 years.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Booger666 said:

I didn’t know this.  What is the reason for having at least three?  I wonder if this is why Kermit Winder is in such a hurry to add another wife.  

It's part of original Mormon doctrine.  It was only rejected so Utah could gain statehood.  Minimal of three wives got them into a higher level of heaven.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

To be fair though, her teeth were knocked out after her husband died and she was no longer living a polygamist lifestyle.

While she looks toothless, I did notice that the mother has, at a minimum, some bottom teeth.  It reminds me of Breaking Amish, and how all Amish people end up with dentures early in life.

1 hour ago, Morgalisa said:

Yeah, this episode made me uncomfortable as well.  Vanessa seems intelligent, beautiful, great personality, easy to get along with, ...why would she allow herself to be drawn into the Snowden cult. She gets the D. Does she get anything else? I dont think so. She can find some D that she will not have to share and hopefully will adore her. I bet we will find out something about Vanessa. If that bitch Ashley told me I couldn't wear a bra she'd have to watch her own kids. Who as stated above are way to familiar with strangers. Dimitri just wants some strange what is Ashley's deal?

The McGees drive me nuts. There is no way Mrs McGee will ever be ready for another wife. And new potential wife doesnt seem to care. And Fibber just wants to sleep with her. Imagine waking up the morning after and facing your teen son as his mom sobs in the corner.

The Alldreges seem like a catfish situation with some kind of twist.  What could she want? And on tv no less.

What I've learned is that Sharis has a horrible picker.  She's picked both potential sister wives and they've been terrible choices.  Why in the world is she seeking women outside of their lifestyle?  Let Vanessa take the lead from now on.

4 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Vanessa baffles me. I see no chemistry between her and Dmitry/Ashley. She's ingratiating and trying hard to please, but its a one way street. She's trying to please them. They're indoctrinating her. Its getting really uncomfortable to watch. The kids are more attached to Vanessa than to their parents. The older girl glommed on to anyone who'd pay attention to her. The way she was climbing all over Adrienne was inappropriate, Ashley or Dmitri should have redirected her. Its rude to let your kids clamber all over your guests, its not like they're family or someone they know well.

Dear lord, the hair salon scene! I was dying. The looks on the stylist's faces were hilarious. It speaks well of their professionalism that they didn't bust out laughing right there.

And really? You couldn't call and make an appointment?

Do not even get me started on the treehouse. You are seriously going to put your guest in a treehouse? (the charmingness of the treehouse notwithstanding. Put a few of the kids in the treehouse and let your guest sleep in the house! What if she has to pee in  the middle of the night?)

Before adding another wife? Add on another bathroom. Priorities.

Bernie is a dirty old man, full stop. What a creep.

I was waiting for one of Vanessa's sisters to call her on the quackery of the "alkaline diet".

Ashley is not in the habit of being questioned, is she? She could barely hide her disdain.

I was so skeeved out by this whole episode. I kept checking the time, waiting for it be be over.

I wonder if Jeff's original family had more bathrooms.  I've never been to ND, but google tells me that temperatures drop down into the 50's even in the summer.  I'm originally from Chicago, so I love the cold, but not sure Jennifer does.

And while I acknowledge this is a cruel thing to say, Jennifer does not look "young" to me.  She's the very definition of ridden hard and hung up wet.  Vanessa should never doubt herself compared to this woman's physical appearance.

• Love 9