Type keyword(s) to search

American Idol Past Contestants: What Are They Up To Now?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Koalagirl said:

Her first husband was "only" 19 years older.  David Foster is 68.  Apparently she refused to sign a prenup and he gave in. 

You mean David Foster gave in?  Does he have kids?  I guess if he doesn't, it doesn't matter as much.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Jextella said:

You mean David Foster gave in?  Does he have kids?  I guess if he doesn't, it doesn't matter as much.

He has several grown children.  I think she is his fifth wife.  The article I read said that he feels that at 68 she is probably going to be his last wife so he doesn't have that much to lose.  He has probably set up trusts for his kids.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

He has several grown children.  I think she is his fifth wife.  The article I read said that he feels that at 68 she is probably going to be his last wife so he doesn't have that much to lose.  He has probably set up trusts for his kids.  

That makes sense.  So long as the kids are taken care of, do whatever works.

• Love 2

this article disagrees with that 

WILL DAVID FOSTER AND KATHARINE MCPHEE SIGN A PRENUP? PLUS, MORE NEWS

And while a source tells the tab "David's insisting on a prenup," adding that "he simply sees it as a necessary part of any marriage," a rep for Katharine assures the magazine she's the one who would want to ensure their money was sorted before they said "I do." "It's actually Katharine who would ask him to sign a prenup," said the rep of her client, who dealt with a costly divorce when she split from Nick Cokas.

so this is not a done deal but a maybe deal? she certainly is getting a lot of exposure.  Wonder if it would be in Nashville, so she can be close to home. 

Edited by holly4755
  • Love 1

Kelly Clarkson, Adam Lambert, Louis Tomlinson, Leona Lewis, Katharine McPhee and Grace VanderWaal were at Simon Cowell's induction of his star into the Hollywood Walk of Fame:

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 1

Could it be that hooking up with a grizzled old man makes one bitter?  I mean, I could set her up with a somewhat chunky and not-quite-so-old man if she wants to try something different.

• LOL 1

Besides the long-running gum commercial with her version of "Can't Help Falling in Love," Haley Reinhart has another song featured in a commercial.  Several ads for Delta Faucets include her song "Oh My!"  This was the first song on her debut album Listen Up! which came out back in 2011 or so, so it's kind of surprising for it to start being used now.  (I think it's a fairly recent series of ads, unless I just didn't notice before.)

• Love 1

Season 6's Antonella Barba Busted for Heroin Distribution:

Antonella Barba -- known for her appearance on the 6th season of "American Idol" -- has been arrested for allegedly trying to distribute heroin ... TMZ has learned.

The singer was busted Thursday in Virginia around 11:30 AM and is facing a felony charge of heroin distribution of 100g or more ... according to the Norfolk Sheriff's Office. Details are scarce, but Barba is still being held in jail without bond and has a court date set for next week...

http://www.tmz.com/2018/10/13/ex-american-idol-contestant-antonella-barba-arrested-heroin/

american-idol-contestant-antonella-barba

• Love 1

Maddie Poppe is going to perform Christmas songs on two different ABC specials set at the Disney parks.  I forget the exact titles of the specials, but one airs in primetime on Thursday, November 29 and the other is on Christmas morning.

• Love 3

The Hollywood Christmas Parade just aired on the CW, and as has usually happened in the past decade or so, most of the musical performers were Idol alums (though they were pretty much all in the first hour).

• David Archuleta started the show with a song from his new (second) Christmas album.  I don't remember the song title.  He was later in a car in the parade and they talked to him briefly.
  • Blake Lewis sang "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen," complete with a beat-box solo.  He also sang back-up in a performance by a group whose name I can't remember.
  • Kimberly Caldwell-Harvey sang "All I Want for Christmas Is You" (not the Mariah Carey song, but the other famous one).
  • Mikalah Gordon performed "Santa Baby."
  • Elliott Yamin sang "This Christmas."
  • Finally, Ruben Studdard sang the Luther Vandross song "At Christmas Time."  He looked like had lost a lot of weight!  I had seen him recently talking with Clay, but I guess I hadn't paid that much attention.

I'll be semi-polite and just say that some of the performances were better than others.  The parade always has rather interesting content overall.

• Love 2

Kree Harrison has a second album coming soon. The first single, "I Love the Lie," is co-written by Chris Stapleton and will be released Feb. 25th.  I loved her first album, so I'm happy she has more material coming. :)

Maddie Poppe released a new song (maybe single?) recently, "First Aid Kit." I think it has as much potential as anything she could release at this point. It's exactly the sound I expected from her (in the same vein as Sara Bareilles, basically).

• Love 2

David Archuleta is appearing in the small town of Loveland, Co, in April.  He looks older and not as cutesy as he did on Idol.

Nope, not spending the money to see him. 

You'd think Cade would have come up with a slightly more subtle way to say "our beliefs dictate that we can't have sex before marriage and neither of us is capable of waiting much longer." He sort of just laid it all out there. LOL 

I am also confused by him saying that the time they have to spend apart because of traveling for their careers was something he didn't want to do anymore:

“It’s getting harder and harder to be apart. Doing all the traveling we have to do, sometimes we have to go a month without seeing each other. That’s a little much for me, so I decided to go ahead and do this thing!”

Getting married won't change that unless one of them gives up their career or they find a way to tour together. Seeing as Cade has been hanging out with some of the Duggar offspring lately, I'd guess he thinks she'll be the one to give up all the traveling for work? I was never a big fan of Gabby during her season but I will always give that girl credit for her hustle. There was no one else on her season that seemed like they wanted to be a star more than she does and she seems happy and willing to do the work that it takes including traveling all over for tons of shows and appearances. I can't imagine that she'll be content to get married and play wife while Cade keeps trying to make it as a singer. Curious to see how this all plays out. 

• Love 1
On 3/31/2019 at 11:38 AM, TeeMo said:

You'd think Cade would have come up with a slightly more subtle way to say "our beliefs dictate that we can't have sex before marriage and neither of us is capable of waiting much longer." He sort of just laid it all out there. LOL 

I really thought you were exaggerating until I read it:

“We do not date like most people do,” admitted Foehner. “We strive for a biblical relationship, so that requires a lot of strength in other areas. We are trying to be holy in our relationship. So we cannot physically do five years. We both know — we’ve talked about it and prayed about it.”

Oh my god, dude.

• LOL 4

Adam Lambert at the 21st Annual Kennedy Center Honors for Cher.  December 12, 2018.  He sings Believe Cher cries.  I did too, and I think it would resonate with anyone who wanted someone who didn't want them back.

• Love 5

Tamyra Grey is starring in the national tour of Once on This Island

Cast members from the 2017 Broadway revival of Once On This Island lead the touring company, including "American Idol" Alum Tamyra Gray as Papa Ge, Cassondra James as Erzulie, Tony Nominee Phillip Boykin as Tonton Julian, Courtnee Carter as Ti Moune and Tyler Hardwick as Daniel Beauxhomme. Completing the gods of the island are Jahmaul Bakare as Agwe and Kyle Ramar Freeman as Asaka.

• Love 1

Theory for The Masked Singer (spoiler-tagged since it's another show):

Spoiler

My household is pretty well convinced that the Rottweiler is Chris Daughtry.

Please keep detailed discussion over in TMS's forum until it's revealed.

• Love 2

This year's American Idol participation in the CW's interminable broadcast of the Hollywood Christmas Parade was much lighter, as there were only two performances.  David Archuleta was back and sang "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays," an *NSYNC song.  Mikalah Gordon and Brandon Rogers did an original Christmas song with Ashen Moon, a new band formed by INXS member Garry Beers.  Ace Young and Diana DeGarmo Young, who have appeared several times, were listed on the web site and did perform, as Diana made reference to it on Twitter back when it happened.  However, they must have been cut from the broadcast for time.  When they weren't announced at the beginning, I was surprised that Mikalah and Brandon were kept over them, but it was probably because they were performing with another artist.  Also, Mikalah is going to be a judge on a CW show about the best Christmas carolers or something that is debuting on Sunday.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Quickbeam said:

Was thinking today is the 16th anniversary of the World Idol finale. Feeling real old. Kurt Nilsen! 

I liked his voice and was so glad he won over Kelly Clarkson.  I saw him perform in DC, I think it was about 15 years ago, at Union Station.  There's a Norwegian Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony held there every year.

• Love 3