Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: Destinee's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

So far my eating habit is a glass of red wine, and about ready for glass #2.  It's too early for dinner for me (West Coast), so I will read all your comments until it gets to the part where they poundticipant meets Dr. Now.  I like to be surprised from that point on.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

I've literally never had a dishwasher in my life.  

I didn't grow up with a dishwasher (but do as an adult).  My mom used to say, yes I have a dishwasher...5 of them!! (me and my siblings).  😂😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Look at all that healthy salad that Destinee just poured three cups of mayonnaise-y dressing on. Weight loss surgery here I come!

Just now, Jessiebg said:

Where did she find those movers? 😂

The one back in Louisiana was kinda hot.  Lots of eye candy in this episode!

"I feel like I'm making progress."  Well, as long as you "feel" it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

The same damn scripts and vocal inflections in the signature l-o-n-g sentence.

"So I have to BLAH BLAH BLAH because if I don't BLAH BLAH BLAH so BLAH BLAH BLAH because BLAH BLAH BLAH so BLAH BLAH BLAH my last chance BLAH BLAH BLAH because I have to do this BLAH BLAH BLAH so I'm determined to BLAH BLAH BLAH because BLAH BLAH BLAH and I can't let BLAH BLAH BLAH so BLAH BLAH BLAH and I know BLAH BLAH BLAH because the stress BLAH BLAH BLAH so I need to BLAH BLAH BLAH and I feel good about BLAH BLAH BLAH...…."

• LOL 11
  • Love 12
(edited)
2 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

I didn't grow up with a dishwasher (but do as an adult).  My mom used to say, yes I have a dishwasher...5 of them!! (me and my siblings).  😂😂

2 minutes ago, aliya said:

I am the oldest of 5 girls. My mother taught school most of the time I was growing up, putting in a full day and coming home to make dinner, etc. She really wanted a dishwasher, but my stepfather told her she had "5 dishwashers" and wouldn't buy one.  So one day the 2 of us go out and she buys a floor model portable dishwasher with her own g.d. money. Made the store put it in her trunk; she wasn't going to wait for delivery.

When my stepfather came home, she asked him to get the dishwasher from the car. He laughed, but eventually humored her and went to the car. Surprise, surprise! He was shocked that she bought it herself, but that, ladies, is what you can do when you have your own money. 

@aliya...are you my sister?!?!?  SERIOUSLY?!!!?  Go Blue! 

Bwahahaha

Edited by umgoblue
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I love that Destinee is actually helping with her own move in.    Great exercise.   

I thought the same thing, but all she did was complain that she was 'stressed' and had to eat delivery. Some people have a hard time learning the lesson.

Also, though she doesn't look too big to our jaded eyes when she's walking around, she looks huge sitting in the waiting room.

Edited by aliya
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

I can’t help but think that is her face on that shirt.

LOL- my husband literally just walked into the room and said "is that her face on her shirt?"

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, chickenella said:

Omg, she'd faint if she saw my kitchen right now. (I did wash a few dishes during the commercials). "Just what does the dishwasher do?" We don't have one, I am the dishwasher,  lol. 

Me too!

6 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

She's proportionate, if nothing else.

I've literally never had a dishwasher in my life.  

I had a dishwasher in an old apartment. I had one drawer in the kitchen and couldn't open the fridge and the oven at the same time, but I had a dishwasher (I pretty much used it as a drying rack after hand-washing my dishes, because even being a small one I would be out of dishes before it was full enough to run). We had one growing up; unloading it was one of my brother's and my alternating chores.

Note: Just opened my Chocolate Black-Out dessert (it's "decadent"!)

• Love 5

Oops, forgot a couple more checks:

Messed up her initial weight loss goal check ✔

Messed up housing situation in Houston check ✔

However, kudos to her for being pissed off that her apartment is a filthy mess. A lot of our poundtipants wouldn't have even noticed.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
(edited)

She said she feels like she didn’t have enough time to do what she needs to do. Sweetheart, a decade isn’t even enough at the rate you’re going. Pass the dressing, please.

Edited by Miss Chevious
Too many commas
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I've been trying to figure out why this season seems so particularly bad and I really think it's due to the shoddy production. It seems like they show up once a month, film something completely inconsequential then peace out until the next month's filming rolls around. It's totally lazy. Hell, I don't even think they film half of the Poundtipants for the full year all that much. 

I think the producers got gun shy after all the train wrecks, popular as they were with viewers (or at least snarkers) in season 5 and then season 6 had too many who never made it even to surgery because they were too far gone. They’ve gone too far the other way into boring people with boring enablers that aren’t interesting to watch. Schenee,and Lisa and James K and the Asssantis were infuriating, but also unforgettable and eminently quotable. I haven’t rewatched a single episode this season and I used to binge this show.

• Love 5

Count me in as being a little too excited about new Hoarders. 

I’ve drawn the line at the 2 toe/feet doctor shows though. There’s actually 2 of them, why?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

I'm seeing a few problems here. Can't find low calorie salad dressing. Canceling her appointments with Dr. Now.

My Dr actually told me full fat dressings are better...less sodium, but portion control is key.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

I was flipping channels...what is this horrible situation that Destinee has found herself in?  And why does her friend appear to be 15 years old?

I think it is that she is stuck in Houston while her mom is not doing well back in Louisiana.  I wondered about the friend's age, too.  I thought she was too young to drive and wondered if she was a friend of her sister.  

I am sure there is a large LGBT+ community in Houston;  I am somewhat surprised she hasn't gone out to try to meet people as she seems like she is sociable.   I am not suggesting she go out looking for a love interest--just people to talk to.    I used to live in Louisiana, and I  agree being gay or trans in Pineville is probably not easy.  

Not sure how this will end up.   

• Love 4