Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Tiffany's Story

• Start Topic

Despite moving to Houston with the solid support network of her boyfriend Aaron and her cousin Jasmine, Tiffany finds it difficult to break the cycle of depressed eating when her two roommates don't join her diet and leave the house everyday for work. 

She has support!  They move to Houston!  They work to help support her!  They are monsters who are eating food that is Not. On. The. Diet!  Are Jasmine and Aaron loading the house with donuts and cheese logs?  Are they ordering sausage and pepperoni pizzas in bulk and leaving Tiffany with the excess?  Will anyone faceplant into a sheet cake?  Let's watch and see.

This is the regular episode thread.  It will open after the US East Coast showing.  

Original air date 2019.02.27

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Boring episode.  I missed a big chunk of it, and I have no desire to go back and re-watch it.  

This season has been DULL.  I swear, I enjoy the huge success stories more than the trainwrecks (though I need an occasional James K. or Maja to spice things up once in a while), but this season has had neither.  There have some who were kind of successful, and some who weren't that successful, but it's all been very middle-of-the-road (with the exception of Maja).  

Edited by 88Keys
redundancy
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

Boring episode.  I missed a big chunk of it, and I have no desire to go back and re-watch it.  

This season has been DULL.  I swear, I enjoy the huge success stories more than the trainwrecks (though I need an occasional James K. or Maja to spice things up occasionally), but this season has had neither.  There have some who were kind of successful, and some who weren't that successful, but it's all been very middle-of-the-road (with the exception of Maja).  

I also find the major success stories or the horrible epic fails better than the slow-paced dragging non-stories. I could watch Justin or Schenee (opposite ends of the spectrum) all day long! Either throw yourself into the weight loss plan like a gladiator or be a horrid pos that we love to hate. 

13 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Who wears their glasses in the shower?!

Kinda like Megan My Queen in Love After Lockup (not sure if you watch that dumpster fire but it's reality gold). She wore her glasses during sex, lol. What the actual f*ck. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, Hellohappylife said:

I’m still trying to get over the fact that Aaron sat in that wheelchair instantly after Tiffany had an accident in it. Gag.

Overall Tiffany was very unlikable to me, nothing was ever her fault.  She just seemed to sit on her ass & make excuses. 

Lol no doubt...hasn’t that been this entire season? The success stories r fun and the train wrecks, a guilty pleasure. But we all want drama, do we not? Lol obscene things to bitch and rage about

• Love 2

Well, of course your boyfriend/caregiver has to work more than one job when you spend $100 at the grocery store, immediately swing into McDick's for a $30 order, and then order a pizza because you burned 30 calories on the drive home trying to shift from your right butt cheek to your left butt cheek for a little comfort. Have these people never heard of coupons? 2 can dine for $10.99, damn it! Although if you need McDonalds every four hours, you'd need a lot of coupons. Is Extreme Couponing still a show? That could be a hell of a crossover event!

Tiffany's dad may have been a dick but I don't really blame someone for not responding when someone sends them a video with a follow-up text that reads: "Please watch this from start to finish!!!!!!", 'cause all those !!! kinda negates that "please", y'know? 

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, HBIC Quee9600 said:

but every new week gives me hope for another Assanti or James K or Penny lol 

I keep thinking that the boring nothing-happens stories and the triumphant success stories (which are awesome) are lulling us into a false sense of security for another James K-sized (literally) disaster on the horizon.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Is Extreme Couponing still a show? That could be a hell of a crossover event!

Penny’s update show was all about her extreme couponing. Poor Edgar had to go to several grocery stores to use them all. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, CatherineM said:

Penny’s update show was all about her extreme couponing. Poor Edgar had to go to several grocery stores to use them all. 

SHE HAD A FOLLOW UP SHOW?!

tenor.gif

(I'm new and catching up with all the repeats that air in the mornings/afternoons. My PVR is 40% filled with this show.)

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

Why do the Poundticipants always have to go out to gyms or elsewhere in public to exercise if it makes them so uncomfortable?  She had Aaron drive her out to a park so she could meet up with a trainer and throw a dozen punches....and immediately became too tired to carry on, and kept whining about how uncomfortable she was even in the park.  I don't know why they don't start slow and do things around the house to help their parent/partner who's already working 2 or 3 jobs to support their habit?  They could do laundry, cook, clean, etc.  getting some low level exercise without being in the public eye while they're still larger than life, and would ease the burden for their partner with whatever they accomplished around the house.  Or sell stuff on FB or ebay to help with the income - not a lot of physical activity there.  I just couldn't sit there like a slug all day, watching TV and playing video games knowing someone is busting their butt to support me. 

I did have to laugh when Tiffany made some whiny comment as she walked past her cat, and it looked like the cat gave her the side-eye.  Even the cat's not buying it!  🙀

• LOL 3
  • Love 18
9 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

IMO it's nothing special as these episodes go. 

The only memorable thing for me, was that in her first meeting with Dr. Now, she claimed that she "snacked" on grapes, crackers, and yogurt as if that would explain her 672 pound weigh in. Of course, Dr. Now wasn't buying it and also warned her that she was already showing signs of gall bladder trouble. At a weight that was unsafe for surgery should it go bad on her.

Sure enough, she ended up in the hospital with gallstones. 

I blame the grapes. Obviously, grapes are a more dangerous food than we've been led to believe. 🤣

She would have had to eaten  a entire grape vineyard ...to be that size ..

• LOL 9

I didn't find this episode particularly boring.  But, I'm not big on theatrics and prefer the more stable patients, if you can call it that. lol 

I do try to envision just how a couple stays together when even in the beginning one of them is practically disabled due to obesity.  I mean, what do you say to co-workers, family members, friends, etc.  when they invite you to events?  Do you just lie or say that you can't attend due to your partner being too obese to come and you have to stay home to care for her AND she's in her twenties?  I just can't figure it out. 

I also can't figure out how they have intact furniture. I know people who are much smaller than these patients who regularly have broken beds, couches, chairs, etc.  

I suspect that TLC producers want certain public scenes for the show and that's why they go to gyms, stores, airports, etc.  Folding clothes, cleaning bathroom, wouldn't be as good on camera, imo. 

I can't recall Tiffany's boyfriend's name, but, at the end, he looked much heavier to me.  He must have gained quite a bit of weight since move to Texas. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Well, of course your boyfriend/caregiver has to work more than one job when you spend $100 at the grocery store, immediately swing into McDick's for a $30 order, and then order a pizza because you burned 30 calories on the drive home trying to shift from your right butt cheek to your left butt cheek for a little comfort. Have these people never heard of coupons? 2 can dine for $10.99, damn it! Although if you need McDonalds every four hours, you'd need a lot of coupons. Is Extreme Couponing still a show? That could be a hell of a crossover event!

Tiffany's dad may have been a dick but I don't really blame someone for not responding when someone sends them a video with a follow-up text that reads: "Please watch this from start to finish!!!!!!", 'cause all those !!! kinda negates that "please", y'know? 

Yes, she said they are low income and can't afford healthy food. After spending $30 at McDonald's and ordering 3 pizzas! After grocery shopping! And the woman went to culinary school! Buy a package of chicken! You know how to cook it. But its not the money, its that they are too lazy to actually make the food. Its much easier to go through a drive through and buy junk. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16

It always amazes me that these women have boyfriends. And those boyfriends wipe their butts and only want to please.  They get them the food because they love them and don't want to upset them.  

Why can't I find boyfriends like this?  I'd starve to death if I sat about yelling for food to be brought to me.

Yuck! he sat right down in that wheelchair after she admitted she'd just peed herself.  It was the only WTF moment in another dull episode.

The series needs a shake up and change of formula.  It's same shit different obese.

• Love 23

I think the ordering of fast foods by Tiffany and others is more about addiction to it, than hunger, convenience or TASTE. 

I'm not sure why so many people are still crazy about fast food fries.  They no longer taste good, imo.  Here's an article on how McDonald's changed it's cooking oil over the years.  And in 2007 it finally went into the no trans-fat oil (NY banned trans-fat oil) and they are terrible now, imo.  I never order fries out, because to me they are as tasteless as the packaging.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/casual/why-mcdonalds-french-fries-used-to-taste-a-lot-better/ar-BBJk8mW

• Love 2
1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

Yes, she said they are low income and can't afford healthy food. After spending $30 at McDonald's and ordering 3 pizzas! After grocery shopping! 

20 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think the ordering of fast foods by Tiffany and others is more about addiction to it, than hunger, convenience or TASTE. 

I'm not sure why so many people are still crazy about fast food fries.  They no longer taste good, imo.  Here's an article on how McDonald's changed it's cooking oil over the years.  And in 2007 it finally went into the no trans-fat oil (NY banned trans-fat oil) and they are terrible now, imo.  I never order fries out, because to me they are as tasteless as the packaging.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/casual/why-mcdonalds-french-fries-used-to-taste-a-lot-better/ar-BBJk8mW

I think its the salt that people are craving when it comes to fast food. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Yes, she said they are low income and can't afford healthy food. After spending $30 at McDonald's and ordering 3 pizzas! After grocery shopping! And the woman went to culinary school! Buy a package of chicken! You know how to cook it. But its not the money, its that they are too lazy to actually make the food. Its much easier to go through a drive through and buy junk. 

Whole chicken--cut up and cook w/onions, garlic, celery, salt, pepper.   Debone (or eat bones if you are really that hungry), add mushroom soup for thickness if desired.  Add a butt load of  carrots, rice or noodles and cook.  There's the carbs poundticipants crave.   $7 tops.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
36 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Whole chicken--cut up and cook w/onions, garlic, celery, salt, pepper.   Debone (or eat bones if you are really that hungry), add mushroom soup for thickness if desired.  Add a butt load of  carrots, rice or noodles and cook.  There's the carbs poundticipants crave.   $7 tops.

By me you can by shredded cooked chicken from the store deli if you need to. Buy some lettuce wraps, season up the meat and you can have nice carb free tacos. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Sadly they view eating healthy food as some kind of terrible punishment.  

SO TRUE!  And, it doesn't help when the doctor says things like STICK with the diet or you know what you got to do.....that's accurate, but, it really is an opportunity for the patient to love to enjoy new foods or old foods prepared in healthier ways.  It's not a horrible sentence that must be endured or you die! lol

I'm not a big salad fan. I tend to like cooked veggies as the star of my meal, but, one of the most delicious things I have been eating lately is a salad of mixed baby greens, sliced cucumber, a few blue berries, a couple of sliced strawberries,  and a LITTLE cheese.  (Just a drizzle of olive oil for dressing.)  

You might be right about an addiction to salt. I didn't notice if Tiffany had an issue with blood pressure or not. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Yes, they all seem to. I think a few have gotten the hang of it and learned to enjoy it but few. Tiffany even said "eat this way for awhile". NO permanently. For goodness sake she knows how to cook! 

• Love 8

I do think that the mindset of Tiffany and many other patients we see on this show is that not having those types of food (fast food mainly) and in those huge quantities is so foreign to them and so HORRIBLE that living life without it may not seem to be a better choice for them.  It boggles the mind and is sad, but, at times, I really think they don't think it's worth it. Because, they say that a lot.

They repeatedly say things like, I hope it's worth it.  WHAT?  I wanted to say to Tiffany, People may be staring  at you in the airport, but, it's worth a little gawking to save your life.....I just don't get it. 

• Love 9

A drug addict on the show Intervention said she wouldn't ever  stop taking drugs even though they were killing her because sober life was too difficult to contemplate.

It's the same with the morbidly obese.  Food or drugs take away reality - which always bites - and it's so much easier to just stick another donut in your mouth and forget the outside world and all its troubles.

They all need therapy more than anything.  They are stuck in childhood and unable to face stress or hardship. Unlike the rest of us who must deal every day without a crutch.  No one said life was going to be easy.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

A drug addict on the show Intervention said she wouldn't ever  stop taking drugs even though they were killing her because sober life was too difficult to contemplate.

It's the same with the morbidly obese.  Food or drugs take away reality - which always bites - and it's so much easier to just stick another donut in your mouth and forget the outside world and all its troubles.

They all need therapy more than anything.  They are stuck in childhood and unable to face stress or hardship. Unlike the rest of us who must deal every day without a crutch.  No one said life was going to be easy.

Maybe.  It's hard to say who is eating to drown feelings and who is eating because they love eating, even if it is crappy food. I notice that many patients, such as Tiffany tell Dr. Now that they are emotional eaters.....what does that mean?  They appear to eat regardless of their emotions.  I mean, if they tracked back 5 years, would there be one day that they didn't eat an enormous amount of food?  I'm no expert, so, I don't know how that works, but, if you eat regardless of the emotion or in the absence of any emotion, is that emotional eating or just addiction?

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9

I think the skycaps or the wheelchair attendees ( whatever they are called ) at the airport deserve a raise.  I honestly don't get the feeling she will be able to keep off her weight, she already seems wishy washy and Dr Now was right, I think she truly believed that if she got the surgery, it would magically change her without her having to do any work... I didn't dislike her like I did with Maja, I really wanted too, but she at least wasn't as mean as she was delusional.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I screamed at the TV during the "grapes, crackers and yogurt" comment. My husband was laughing at me. I weigh 500 pounds less than Tiffany, and I currently have no grapes in my house. Sorry, 672 does not happen on grapes and crackers and yogurt.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I think its the salt that people are craving when it comes to fast food. 

I am wildly salt dependent, I live for salty. I loathe fast food. Though I do think that combination of salt, fat, carbs and the various additives used are addicitive.

1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Right? A pack of chicken thighs costs 89 cents a pound on sale at my local market. roast them in the oven in olive oil, lemon juice and garlic, with some carrots, parsnips, onion, mushrooms, potatoes? Deliciousness. This woman went to culinary school. She has no excuse. Nutrition was probably one of her classes--my son went to culinary school at Johnson & Wales in Providence, and his required classes included Nutrition, Vegetarian Cooking, Food Science. Tiffany is far better equipped, or should be, with more food knowledge than anyone else on this show has ever been.

1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

I've been saying this for months now. They don't even attempt to try and make their "diet" food tasty or appetizing. They view having to "eat healthy" as eternal punishment, like life in prison.

55 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I remember in particular one young woman, addicted to black tar heroin, saying helplessly "who would I be without black?". She would have no identity, personality, place in the world if she wasn't a a junkie. So sad.

31 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I think the skycaps or the wheelchair attendees ( whatever they are called ) at the airport deserve a raise. 

Especially the two who were running to get her to the bathroom! Jesus. I hope she tipped them at least. Hahahahaha, as if. I kill me.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
9 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I am wildly salt dependent, I live for salty. I loathe fast food. Though I do think that combination of salt, fat, carbs and the various additives used are addicitive.

Right? A pack of chicken thighs costs 89 cents a pound on sale at my local market. roast them in the oven in olive oil, lemon juice and garlic, with some carrots, parsnips, onion, mushrooms, potatoes? Deliciousness. This woman went to culinary school. She has no excuse. Nutrition was probably one of her classes--my son went to culinary school at Johnson & Wales in Providence, and his required classes included Nutrition, Vegetarian Cooking, Food Science. Tiffany is far better equipped, or should be, with more food knowledge than anyone else on this show has ever been.

I've been saying this for months now. They don't even attempt to try and make their "diet" food tasty or appetizing. They view having to "eat healthy" as eternal punishment, like life in prison.

I remember in particular one young woman, addicted to black tar heroin, saying helplessly "who would I be without black?". She would have no identity, personality, place in the world if she wasn't a a junkie. So sad.

Especially the two who were running to get her to the bathroom! Jesus. I hope she tipped them at least. Hahahahaha, as if. I kill me.

And Aaron sat the in the wheelchair she had an accident in! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

IDK where you live that a whole chicken costs less than 7.00 (and leaves you with enough $ left over to buy the rest of the ingredients) - but I want to move there!

Even if that dish could be prepared for roughly 7.00, it's not "healthy." It's healthier than most fast-food meals, yes.

When my PCP detected elevated blood pressure a few years ago, she wanted to determine whether it was related to age or diet. Age related: medication, vs diet related: change diet.

The first question I was asked was whether I eat canned soups or use them in cooking. "Not ever" to the first part, and three times per year to the second (green bean casserole for Thanksgiving, and twice a year a faux boeuf bourguignon, made with tomato and cream of mushroom canned soups, and a packet of onion soup mix - plus red wine and beef chunks. Very easy and very tasty, but except for the red wine and beef, horribly unhealthy - hence the reason I only indulge twice a year).

Not to mention, in the chicken recipe, the carbs with the noodles or rice.

It also wasn't mentioned whether the skin on the chicken is removed *prior* to cooking, which would contribute a lot of fat calories if it isn't. Betcha most Poundicipants wouldn't bother, because in addition to sodium and carbs, most of them crave fat (yet another reason they find fast food so appealing). 

For a person of average weight for their height, with no other diet-related health issues, this might be a fine meal once in a while.

I truly believe to make diet changes that will "stick," long-term, meals need to stimulate different tastes (sweet/sour/salt/bitter/umami), textures (hard/soft/crispy/chewy), and be visually appealing. Otherwise, patients will eventually begin to feel deprived, and the temptation to binge on whatever they're craving becomes impossible to resist.

Creating meals meeting these criteria isn't easy, but can be equal to or less expensive than fast food - if you're a savvy shopper and have good cooking skills.

Most of the Poundicipants have neither.

I think weight loss programs such as Dr. Nowzaradan's should include either 1) professional, one-on-one (long term) help, to teach each patient basic cooking skills, specific recipes/meal plans that comply with the program dietary restrictions, and how to navigate a supermarket and employ money-saving shopping techniques, or 2) provide patients with a diet-compliant subscription meal box service for the entire first year they are a part of the program. (No, there is no meal box subscription service I'm aware of currently filling this need. But there should be).

Either one would allow the Poundicipants to learn how to buy, prepare, and most important - enjoy - diet compliant meals.  It would be far easier for them to continue with it on their own, because instead of this new way of approaching food being seen as a life-long sentence of sacrifice and deprivation, it would be a way of eating they will have learned to like. (Give me a pepper crusted petite filet cooked medium-rare, with some oven roasted asparagus and a stuffed, baked tomato over a quarter pounder, fries - and a "side" of pizza - any day of the week. PLEASE).

So much of this requires them to  retrain themselves to become satisfied not by the volume of whatever meals are available they can swallow the most of in the least time, but instead by good quality food, properly prepared, that's both tasty and visually appealing. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

IDK where you live that a whole chicken costs less than 7.00 (and leaves you with enough $ left over to buy the rest of the ingredients) - but I want to move there!

Even if that dish could be prepared for roughly 7.00, it's not "healthy." It's healthier than most fast-food meals, yes.

When my PCP detected elevated blood pressure a few years ago, she wanted to determine whether it was related to age or diet. Age related: medication, vs diet related: change diet.

The first question I was asked was whether I eat canned soups or use them in cooking. "Not ever" to the first part, and three times per year to the second (green bean casserole for Thanksgiving, and twice a year a faux boeuf bourguignon, made with tomato and cream of mushroom canned soups, and a packet of onion soup mix - plus red wine and beef chunks. Very easy and very tasty, but except for the red wine and beef, horribly unhealthy - hence the reason I only indulge twice a year).

Not to mention, in the chicken recipe, the carbs with the noodles or rice.

It also wasn't mentioned whether the skin on the chicken is removed *prior* to cooking, which would contribute a lot of fat calories if it isn't. Betcha most Poundicipants wouldn't bother, because in addition to sodium and carbs, most of them crave fat (yet another reason they find fast food so appealing). 

For a person of average weight for their height, with no other diet-related health issues, this might be a fine meal once in a while.

I truly believe to make diet changes that will "stick," long-term, meals need to stimulate different tastes (sweet/sour/salt/bitter/umami), textures (hard/soft/crispy/chewy), and be visually appealing. Otherwise, patients will eventually begin to feel deprived, and the temptation to binge on whatever they're craving becomes impossible to resist.

Creating meals meeting these criteria isn't easy, but can be equal to or less expensive than fast food - if you're a savvy shopper and have good cooking skills.

Most of the Poundicipants have neither.

I think weight loss programs such as Dr. Nowzaradan's should include either 1) professional, one-on-one (long term) help, to teach each patient basic cooking skills, specific recipes/meal plans that comply with the program dietary restrictions, and how to navigate a supermarket and employ money-saving shopping techniques, or 2) provide patients with a diet-compliant subscription meal box service for the entire first year they are a part of the program. (No, there is no meal box subscription service I'm aware of currently filling this need. But there should be).

Either one would allow the Poundicipants to learn how to buy, prepare, and most important - enjoy - diet compliant meals.  It would be far easier for them to continue with it on their own, because instead of this new way of approaching food being seen as a life-long sentence of sacrifice and deprivation, it would be a way of eating they will have learned to like. (Give me a pepper crusted petite filet cooked medium-rare, with some oven roasted asparagus and a stuffed, baked tomato over a quarter pounder, fries - and a "side" of pizza - any day of the week. PLEASE).

So much of this requires them to  retrain themselves to become satisfied not by the volume of whatever meals are available they can swallow the most of in the least time, but instead by good quality food, properly prepared, that's both tasty and visually appealing. 

Yes I agree with you.   In Mississippi you can buy a whole chicken for less than $7.  But we are one of the leading states producing chickens.  I don't know if that matters.  I included the rice/noodles as an ingredient to prove you don't have to spend $30 a day to eat all that junk.  I eat a lot of grilled chicken but I leave the skin on for flavor.  I love thighs and wings too.  But I don't have a weight problem either.  I haven't done fast food in years.  I'd just rather have something really good.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Who wears their glasses in the shower?!

That was so odd;  maybe she is so near-sighted she can't adjust the temperature without them?  I leave mine in the bedroom, because I like hot showers and fog up the bathroom.  I think maybe she just took as short a shower as possible because she hated being filmed that way.  I would like to think she had a much longer shower later when the film crew left.  I hate the obligatory shower scene.   Maybe it is because I have seen Psycho.

So I guess the same photographers that shoot Family by the Ton are also doing this show, because we get these awful shots of her in a chair from the ground up.  Please,  once is enough.  Actually, once is one time too many, but I digress....

I haven't made it thru the entire episode.  I saw the last few minutes when I came in last night from eating out.  I ate two small slices of pork tenderloin, probably a half cup of sweet potatoes, green beans, garlic bread.  I was so full I  could barely scarf down a small piece of chocolate cake as dessert.  Somehow I feel she could eat that in two bites, and still want a pizza or three.

Speaking of pizza, I can't believe they come home with a boatload of groceries then stop at McDonalds drive-thru and order $30 of fast food.  Two people can eat in a decent restaurant for that much at lunch time and get better food.  And then she wants pizza.   I guess this is a combo of depression-eating, addiction, habit and who knows what else.   Oh, and I forgot the box of cookies she had before they reached McDonalds.  

This woman went to culinary school?  Maybe she can review her notes and start making some decent low-cal meals.  She should be so much further head on her journey---I really hate that word now---than the other patients who seem oblivious to decent food.  At least she should know how to plate.  For heaven's sake, put the pizza on a plate, sit at a table, use a knife and fork, and put down the utensils between bites.   (I love NY style pizza and eat it folded over so I hope no one is upset about my suggestion of using a fork on pizza).

I am off to fix bbq tacos for lunch. 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Yeah she spent $30 on fast food and then after eating for 6 people, she said she was STARVING and made her boyfriend order 3 large pizzas, probably another $30. No wonder he has to work 2 jobs. I loved when she tried to tell Dr. Now that they were on a limited budget and could not afford healthy food! LOL spending $50 EVERY DAY AT LEAST on fast food and pizza! Can you imagine how many healthy things you could buy with their budget? You could ever afford the gourmet pre-chopped items on $50 a day food budget. 

And the 80 pounds in 2 months, another one who thinks she can trick Dr. Now. If she had done exactly what she was supposed to do she would have lost 100 pounds so when she lost 30, that meant she cut down from 10K calories a day to 6K a day. She acted shocked cause she made changes. I am sure this meant for the week before she went in for the weigh-in, she dieted. 

Edited by calpurnia99
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

You might be right about an addiction to salt. I didn't notice if Tiffany had an issue with blood pressure or not. 

She definitely has.  She mentioned her "water pill" which she knew would lead her to have an accident - that's code word for furosemide (there are other diuretics, but this is the only one people call their "water pill").  It can be taken for edema and other things, but with her, I would bet she has the metabolic syndrome (high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol) and packed a small pharmacy when she traveled.  One of my morbidly obese patients was on 27 different prescriptions (OK, a couple of them were for diabetes testing supplies, but the rest were meds).  Not everyone takes that many, but I expect most people on this show to take 7+ different meds on a regular basis.  They just rarely talk about meds because it is not the point of the show and it is probably not interesting to most of the viewers.

Edited by Hellga
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

My personal view is that patients like Tiffany think they will lose weight, get the surgery, and keep losing, and then gradually go back to eating their fast food life, and won't gain.       I really wondered if Aaron cared, but at the end he seemed to be committed to the relationship.      I really don't think Tiffany will keep the weight off, and that's sad.   

I hope Lola resolves her own issues with avoiding toxic people, and stops telling people like Tiffany to reconnect with abusive relatives.    And get another wig!    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6

I don't know why she didn't go to the bathroom before getting on the plane either. She never went on a plane before or she would know boarding goes on for a bit, but I guess she had special boarding before everyone else. But still, go to the bathroom! That was absurd as someone who goes 10 times before I board the plane.

And having kids? She has wrecked her body, it will never be normal. Or even close to normal. 

Edited by calpurnia99
  • Love 10

And what is with the 200 times they add "RIGHT NOW" to the end of the sentence? Now I am starting to suspect they do the voice overs after and the script is peppered with RIGHT NOW so we realize it was as it was happening. What do you think about this theory? She says: So I need to eat healthy RIGHT NOW. I need to stick with the diet RIGHT NOW. Of course the ubiquitous "I'm so scared RIGHT NOW" and I'm not happy about doing this RIGHT NOW. I think I will play a game and count the RIGHT NOWS the next episode. Okay I have to get back to work right now.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7

Is it just coincidental that they often use the same buzz words?  Things haven't been going as well as I had hoped, translates into I haven't lost any weight.  And, there have been a few times that I have not followed the diet, translates into, I don't follow the diet. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5