Type keyword(s) to search

S39: Spoilers & Speculation

mantakesfish
Message added by Whimsy

We are splitting this topic into two.  This one now is for the Season 39 Speculation & Spoilers ONLY.  Take season 40 discussion to the newly created thread.  Thanks!!

• Start Topic

While either Chelsea or Karishma getting medevaced would be bad in the short term, it might actually be good for Survivor in the long term.

Because there's only been one* female medevac before; Kourtney from One World, who injured herself on the first immunity challenge of the season.  A second woman getting medevaced means that Survivor could do another season like Philippines but with the female medevacs as the returning players.

*There's also been two mediquits: Dana from the aforementioned Philippines season because of stomach pain, and Bi from DvG because of her knee.  Both of them could have theoretically stayed, but quit because of their medical reasons.  If they were to do a total Philippines rehash, Dana should be the 3rd returnee.  I think Bi is done with Survivor.

New promo is out and it is Karishma who cut her hand but no it doesn't like she is going to be medavaced. She is pissed at her tribe though.

Edited by LanceM

Wasn't it Wendy last season that was pissed her tribe didn't seem to care about her injured ankle?

Could still be a medevac at some point, although I take that rumor with a grain of salt since there's nothing to back it up with.

If Orange tribe loses, I think one of the guys go.  I don't see the women fracturing yet, and Vince doesn't seem to have any interest working with the men (I'm sure they'll try and frame it as a blindside).  On purple, hard to say.  I think that would be a more interesting vote over there.

Edited by LadyChatts
26 minutes ago, TVFan1 said:

I wonder what the castaway sneaking into the other tribe's camp is going to accomplish. Do they have to take something from them? Find something? I'm interested.

Retrieving an idol hidden in the other team’s home camp, maybe?

• Love 4

In that interview Tom gave, where he gave away how the first vote went, he mentioned something about him and Elizabeth being on the same teams.  So it sounds like both make the tribe swap?  I'll have to see if I can find the exact quote.  

According to Sucks, the new Tribes look to be something like this:

NuLairo:

Elizabeth

Karishma

Noura

Janet

Tom

Jack

2 of Tommy/Jamal/Dan

NuVokai:

Missy

Lauren

Elaine

Kellee

Dean

Jason

Aaron

1 of Tommy/Jamal/Dan

NuLairo could be a wildcard tribe.  Karishma said in the preview she'd flip (probably editing), Noura might be bitter (but if she vote doesn't count, she can't do anything now anyway), but if Jamal's there he might flip as well.  

Jamal could also flip on his tribe at NuVokai if he's there.  I could see this being a case where he or Karishma get overconfident about being a possible swing vote and end up getting blindsided.  Jamal's edit has been negative the last three episodes, and too control hungry.  Karishma's also turning into a train wreck.  Will Dean be bitter?  Might be an interesting week.   

So Dan is apparently on NuVokai, which would mean Tommy and Jamal on NuLairo.  So that tribe has 3 potential bitter betties to flip.

With all the talk from Chelsea in her interviews about Karishma flipping on her old tribe, I wonder if she’s hinting to that very thing happening.  Old Lairo is screwed with numbers as it is.  They would need 2 people to flip to their side if it stays down tribal lines.  Although Noura doesn’t have a. vote so she’d be out.

Edited by LadyChatts
7 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

So Dan is apparently on NuVokai, which would mean Tommy and Jamal on NuLairo.  So that tribe has 3 potential bitter betties to flip.

With all the talk from Chelsea in her interviews about Karishma flipping on her old tribe, I wonder if she’s hinting to that very thing happening.  Old Lairo is screwed with numbers as it is.  They would need 2 people to flip to their side if it stays down tribal lines.  Although Noura doesn’t have a. vote so she’d be out.

If Lairo gets picked off, they have nobody to blame but themselves. Getting rid of Chelsea wasn't a good move at this point in the game. If Karishma flips on Lairo, then every member of Lairo (besides Karishma) will be voted out of the game.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, TVFan1 said:

If Lairo gets picked off, they have nobody to blame but themselves. Getting rid of Chelsea wasn't a good move at this point in the game. If Karishma flips on Lairo, then every member of Lairo (besides Karishma) will be voted out of the game.

And after Missy's arrogance, and playing too hard too fast I'd laugh if she gets screwed over after that preview wheres shes saying " dean I got your girlfriend kicked off deal with it" . I agree with ya it was a stupid move just Missy "isnt no sheep" like she said last week. Cause she has to hide behind men I'm so sick of that kind of Gameplay

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Sir Vivor said:

1 castaway is ejected this season, not voted off, ejected from the show.

Being as the preview shows a physical fight between two women, I would say this is correct.   The rules bar the contestants from that. 

11 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Being as the preview shows a physical fight between two women, I would say this is correct.   The rules bar the contestants from that. 

Wasn’t that Elaine and Missy?  

1 hour ago, Ellee said:

Wasn’t that Elaine and Missy?  

I  thought it was definitely Karishma and possibly Janet.  There were tribe members standing over them gasping in shock, so I assumed it was an inter-tribe squabble. 
 Now you have me wondering if the pre-view( or commercial) was a fake-out and it  is in a challenge that involves wrestling for a goal line or something. 

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Has anyone ever been ejected before? I don't feel like they have. Wait, was Brandon Hantz?

I thought his teammates elected to have their tribal council vote immediately after they lost the challenge and Jeff agreed.  They said they were all voting for Brandon and didn’t need to wait until evening.  

Edited by mythoughtis
8 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I thought his teammates elected to have their tribal council vote immediately after they lost the challenge and Jeff agreed.  They said they were all voting for Brandon and didn’t need to wait until evening.  

Yea, you're right. So I don't think anyone has ever been ejected from the game then?

Was there a preview for the whole season that showed another fight between 2 women? Because otherwise the only one I saw was the play fight between Elaine and Missy that was shown at the end of ep 4 and then that play fight aired in ep 5.

I have heard that the whole "we all agree to vote Brandon ff" was a complete sham and that the reality was the producers were ejecting Brandon from the game. I tend to believe this is true and it wouldn't shock me at all if production covered it up.

Anthony who occasionally posts here is saying on Sucks that Feely Dan leaves the game in an unconventional manner. So if this is indeed true I am guessing it is him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

They said all that before the challenge.  They specifically said they were going to forfeit the challenge to the "fans" and go to TC; one of only two forfeited challenges in Survivor history.  Peachy decided to hold an impromptu TC right there and then at the challenge, with both tribes present.

• Love 2

Per the posters of Sucks, Dan supposedly makes the merge.  In the preview video when the tribes swap, Dan was shown in a TH wearing a buff that wasn't orange or purple (that video was taken down and they put up a new one).  

So something could happen on his end this week with him, but he doesn't get voted out, and this carries over.

From the spoilers at Clubs that Suck, Dean supposedly makes the family visit.  At this point, I think Dean could easily slip under the radar and make it end game.

I wonder if Sandra's comment about a woman winning this season is foreshadowing?  The women have had the biggest edits, and probably overall a little more positive than the men.  I don't know of the men at this point who might win.  Unless there's major redemption somewhere, Dan, Jamal, and Aaron probably don't have a shot.  

• Love 1
11 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I wonder if Sandra's comment about a woman winning this season is foreshadowing?

I love Sandra and think she has a good handle on the game, even one she's not playing (Rob too).  But I also think that TPTB have a vested interest in promoting the whole "idols" concept, and will want to make Rob and Sandra look like geniuses.  So I'm convinced that we're selectively seeing comments from both of them that support how the game ends up going.

In other words -- I think you're right!

Also:  Sandra gave a version of the "million dollar quote" about Janet.  Others who are possibly getting a good/winner's edit:  Kellee, Missy, Elaine.

Edited by Special K
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Special K said:

I love Sandra and think she has a good handle on the game, even one she's not playing (Rob too).  But I also think that TPTB have a vested interest in promoting the whole "idols" concept, and will want to make Rob and Sandra look like geniuses.  So I'm convinced that we're selectively seeing comments from both of them that support how the game ends up going.

In other words -- I think you're right!

Also:  Sandra gave a version of the "million dollar quote" about Janet.  Others who are possibly getting a good/winner's edit:  Kellee, Missy, Elaine.

Missy has gotten an arrogant I'm running this edit so hopefully its leading to her getting blindsided or Aaron getting blindsided.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Josh371982 said:

Missy has gotten an arrogant I'm running this edit so hopefully its leading to her getting blindsided or Aaron getting blindsided.

Ventured into this thread which I typically don't do, but I wanted to see how far Jamal makes it because I can't stand him.  Interesting that there really aren't any definite concrete endgame spoilers.

I don't think Missy's edit is indicative of anything.  Tyson and Tony Vlachos also had the arrogant "I'm in charge" edit and they both won.

• Love 2

Missy is intriguing.  My gut feeling is she ends up getting blindsided, because I feel like she's making too many moves too soon, and that may end up biting her.  Plus, she might be burning bridges in the process.  On the other hand, this could be the edit of a strong gamer that wasn't afraid to make moves, burn bridges, and was always thinking ahead.  So who knows.  This doesn't seem like the typical season when it comes to editing.  And on that note, I'd be floored if Karishma won.  Kellee to me seems like the best bet of the women, followed by Janet and Missy.  Though with Janet I feel like she's there but we still haven't gotten as much from her compared to the other girls.  Lauren I don't really get anything from yet, either.  Same with Elizabeth.  

Elaine seems like a strong gamer that's fooling everyone with her naive country bumpkin schtick, but I'm not sure if she's got the best read on everything after what happened last week and not realizing her tribe was sacrificing her up (though from Jason's interviews, it sounded like the old Vokai members planned on voting Aaron and keeping Elaine, but not letting the old Lairo members know).  I get the sentimental softie boot that almost makes it to the end, but just falls short of the final 3.  But hey, at least she'll get the Sia consolation prize.  

As for the men, I don't see Aaron, Jamal, or Dan winning.  Tommy and Dean are long shots, but I wouldn't rule them out, especially Tommy.  Still, with the way the editing is going so far, I'm leaning towards a women winning.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 4
On 11/7/2019 at 4:19 PM, blackwing said:

Ventured into this thread which I typically don't do, but I wanted to see how far Jamal makes it because I can't stand him.  Interesting that there really aren't any definite concrete endgame spoilers.

I don't think Missy's edit is indicative of anything.  Tyson and Tony Vlachos also had the arrogant "I'm in charge" edit and they both won.

Honestly there have not been many recent season that have been spoiled.  Last season was, but I am struggling to think of any other recent season that has been.  Which sucks for me because I love to be spoiled.  Mainly because it allows me to focus on the winner and see the moves they made to get the win.

• Love 3
On 11/12/2019 at 4:48 AM, nutty1 said:

I would love Elaine or Janet to win!!  

I wish there were more spoilers....we need a Reality Steve for Survivor!

You and me both, especially after tonight.  Janet winning seems like a long shot, but pretty much everyone’s edit went down the tubes tonight except for her.  The only other people who didn’t come out looking like raw sewage was Elaine (although I don’t think she came out smelling sweet, either), Dean (who barely got any attention), Noura, and Karishma.  Janet though is a freaking all star.  This is some kind of start to her winning, right?  I mean pretty much everyone else is either too douchy, too arrogant, too dumb, or has nothing going for them in the edit.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

You and me both, especially after tonight.  Janet winning seems like a long shot, but pretty much everyone’s edit went down the tubes tonight except for her.  The only other people who didn’t come out looking like raw sewage was Elaine (although I don’t think she came out smelling sweet, either), Dean (who barely got any attention), Noura, and Karishma.  Janet though is a freaking all star.  This is some kind of start to her winning, right?  I mean pretty much everyone else is either too douchy, too arrogant, too dumb, or has nothing going for them in the edit.  

And considering the backlash, if anyone else won they wouldn’t exactly get a great reception.  Think Jerri Manthey

Considering that the show had finished filming and the producers knew who had won before they edited the season, I have to believe that Janet (or possibly Karishma or Dean) won since everyone else would get booed.  If, say, Elizabeth had won, no way would a lot of this had aired.

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Considering that the show had finished filming and the producers knew who had won before they edited the season, I have to believe that Janet (or possibly Karishma or Dean) won since everyone else would get booed.  If, say, Elizabeth had won, no way would a lot of this had aired.

Also, Janet came across very well in her encounter with BRob and Sandra on IOTI.

Janet FTW!

• Love 2

Pure speculation, i have a feeling Dan is out in one of next weeks episodes based on the fact that Kellee & Jamal’s exit interviews are not happening until next week. That way, Dan can’t complain he was muzzled and unable to defend against whatever the other 2 might say in interviews this week.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, pennben said:

Pure speculation, i have a feeling Dan is out in one of next weeks episodes based on the fact that Kellee & Jamal’s exit interviews are not happening until next week. That way, Dan can’t complain he was muzzled and unable to defend against whatever the other 2 might say in interviews this week.  

Which is really gross because Kellee never got to defend herself during the second TC because she was on jury, so why shouldn't Dan wait a week on social media to defend himself? 

That being said, I agree. There's a reason why they're waiting and the only explanation is that Dan's getting voted out or even ejected from the game next week. I'm thinking, if next week's episode is only an hour, then someone MUST be getting ejected, right? Still new to Survivor so I don't know how this type of elimination works, usually. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Survivor has had unpleasant winners before, so it is also possible they didn’t realize how strong the backlash to Missy and Elizabeth would be. They may have expected Dan to get most of the hate. 

• Love 2

Because Dan seems clueless and ineducable about these matters, I speculate that next episode, we see him back to his usual Feely Dan ways, sleeping at night with his hands all over one of the women, and the producers eject him for not heeding their warning to cut it out.

The preview said two people are getting voted off, and everyone's accounted for in that shot.  My first thought was, maybe after TC, Dan can't take it and quits.  But that's not the case, at least at that moment.  I feel like they might hype something up if there was a blow up or break down.  

Unfortunately, while their might be a quick mention at the beginning of the episode, I think they will ignore this going forward, unless Dan goes back to being Creeper Dan.  I'd like to think he'd learned his lesson.  

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Special K said:

But isn't there a spoiler that someone is removed?

I've seen rumors throughout the season, and supposedly someone with a source claims it's still happening.  According to the posters at Sucks, he's getting removed this coming week, and it might involve Karishma.  I haven't followed Dan at all on SM, but supposedly he hasn't talked about being on this season and has liked anti-Karishma tweets.  Take that how you want it.  You have to figure in that he and Karishma just wound up on the same tribe, so unless he was going by other's perceptions of her, he really wouldn't have a lot of reason to be negative towards her compared to some others.  Also, according to this person, he wasn't on the jury, but sent home.  Again, this is coming from someone who allegedly had a source but I've seen nothing further to back it up.  

Makes me wonder if he will be at the reunion.

As an aside, some people are noticing that Tommy and Dean came out unscathed this past week, and there was no commentary from them regarding the incident.  Both were fairly invisible in the second hour.  So some are wondering if they are protecting their edit, because one of them could be the winner.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Useful 1

FWIW. There was an old spoiler on reddit that claimed that Kelly had found 3 idols this season and that she was voted out with one (it turned out to be two). This spolier also said the fi nal 3 was Noura Tommy and Dean. This spoiler was ignored at the time but now i(the Kellee's 3 idols were confirmed) t looks like it may be true

14 minutes ago, LanceM said:

FWIW. There was an old spoiler on reddit that claimed that Kelly had found 3 idols this season and that she was voted out with one (it turned out to be two). This spolier also said the fi nal 3 was Noura Tommy and Dean. This spoiler was ignored at the time but now i(the Kellee's 3 idols were confirmed) t looks like it may be true

4 men left and 2 might make F3. Looks like the women stupidly go after each other even more 

I can't see Tommy losing in that scenario, which might explain his edit.  And since I know Noura has no shot, this will make 5 seasons in a row where a man won.  Up until last night I would have bet it was going to be a woman.  

Still, Noura in the final 3 and answering jury questions is pretty hilarious to picture.  I hope Kellee drags Dean for screwing her over after she saved him.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I can't see Tommy losing in that scenario, which might explain his edit.  And since I know Noura has no shot, this will make 5 seasons in a row where a man won.  Up until last night I would have bet it was going to be a woman.  

Still, Noura in the final 3 and answering jury questions is pretty hilarious to picture.  I hope Kellee drags Dean for screwing her over after she saved him.  

Well as we saw last night headed by disgusting Missy Lauren Aaron Dan and Elizabeth it probably started the elimination of the women and stupidly going after each other.