Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E07: Week 7 - Denver, Colorado

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Kirpa seems like she just took 5 Xanax before every camera appearance. That said, I liked her lack of overt cheeriness and her dead eyed unapologetic response to Cassie.

Cassie seems immature (although beautiful), but Caelynn seems so very fake. I know she was going for "shocked" reaction when Colton mentioned her wanting to be Bachelorette, but I'm pretty sure her face actually lit up at just the thought of it.

I actually like Tayshia although do think she seems a little "on" all the time for the camera with the perma-smile. In her defense, Colton was practically begging her to name names, so why not. I think she'd be a great bachelorette, although Hannah G would be fine with me as well despite her age.

If only every breakup was as painless as Heather and Colton's! I don't think I've ever seen two people so gleeful and nonchalant about a relationship ending.

Hannah B is nutty but she handled her exit like a strong woman who knows her worth. And she managed that in a nightmarish pink satin monstrosity, so even more props to her.

Oh, and I just feel the need to point out to everyone making Sean/Catherine references, I believe that he has actually said Catherine wasn't on his radar at the very beginning and it wasn't until a few weeks in that she became a front runner. It was one of the things that made his season more interesting than most (that and he actually had surprisingly great taste in women, Tierra excluded).

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, EllenB said:

Unless she had an ulterior motive, I was a bit impressed that Caelynn DID step in.  It's the closest we've seen to a selfless move on this show.

I believe Caelyn had an ulterior motive for stepping in on Cassie's behalf.   I think she sees Cassie as her only competition.  If she were to leave then Caelyn could possibly win this thing, and I don't believe she wants to win.  Caelyn has her eyes on being the Bachelorette, so she most certainly does no want to be the "last girl standing."  I have a feeling her goal is to get to the final three or four and then say or do something that will make Colton eliminate her.  Mark my words.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 12
15 hours ago, phlebas said:

Maybe it's time we take a break from casting Bachelors and Bachelorettes from the leavings of the previous season? That would scrape off all these people who are using this as an audition for their own season.

I haven't seen that many seasons yet and I LOVE this idea.  Because other than Grocery Store Joe (Ugh) being the fakest of fake to get to the end to have the biggest tragic breakup is usually a pretty good roadmap to be the next Bach.   Not always but rooting interest is never a bad thing.   You don't want to be the winner....you want to be the runner up with grenade.

Oh and thumbs up for the use of the phrase "scrape off."   Well crafted.

• Love 1

Along the same lines it seems even more plausible now that Colton used the Bachelorette season as his own springboard to personal virginal fame to become the Bachelor.   What's her name is not even close to being his type.

And seeing how smitten he is with the cheerleader type and the fact that producer picked girls has yielded at least a few that has peaked his pecker,  how did he manage to not date this type of girl en masse along the way?   Dime a dozen in high school and college and groupies and hangers on in sports.  He's not exactly complicated.  Something doesn't add up.  I understand he was busy with his sports life but part of sports life is um.....winding down.  I'm suspicious.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

So why would Cassie and Caelynn be super defensive about Katie's comment if they had nothing to be defensive about?

Why does everyone seem to think Katie is some fount of wisdom?  Wasn’t she the fool making fun of Asian drivers on SM?

sounds like a petty asshole trying to be relevant after being kicked off a dating show.  And her hairpiece was shitty. 

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Mu Shu said:

Why does everyone seem to think Katie is some fount of wisdom?  Wasn’t she the fool making fun of Asian drivers on SM?

sounds like a petty asshole trying to be relevant after being kicked off a dating show.  And her hairpiece was shitty. 

3 points for fount...is that the British spelling?  I’m not googling, just laughing.

I can’t wait for the tell all.  It’s been 2 weeks now and nary the faintest recollection on who this Katie chick is at all.  I feel like I have a present waiting for me.  Don’t chall spoil it now!

I still have nightmares of Hannah Bs crazy smile through the pain.  Pageant fakery.  Only thing that keeps me giggling was the potential that the bubblegum pink acetate polyplastic dress she was wearing could potentially burst into flames at any second from friction as she walked towards the Bye Van.  Extra points if it took Colty with it.

• Love 2

Kirpa isn´t smart. She´s just good at looking like she is? I guess. Colton and her had no connection so her reasons for gossiping and lying were weird. And who really believes that Tayishia is so into Colton and wants to marry him at the end of this? She´s a hardcore hippocrate.

ETA: Yea, who is Katie?

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 4
On 2/18/2019 at 9:27 PM, SallyAlbright said:

Caelynn is awfully quick to drop f-bombs and call someone a "stupid bitch" for a girl who was going on about not tearing women down a few weeks ago. Plus, her veneers are so incredibly distracting to me. 

Hannah B. took that well and came out looking pretty good. Perhaps she was right about Caelynn and her mean-girl tendencies all along.

Kirpa is cool and straightforward and seems too normal for this show. Hannah G. might be accused of being vapid, but she's kept quiet and out of the drama so she's one of the smartest ones in my book. 

Yeah, Caelynn's mask dropped awfully quickly when she got pissed off. I was sure she was going to get sent home, I don't see anything between her and Colton. I don't care whether she's there for the "right reasons," she seems like a practiced phony.

In any case, I found it laughable that these 23-year-olds are so insistent that they're ready for marriage (after 4 weeks of knowing someone). No way in hell they have any intention of actually getting married this young to someone who just happened to be on the same tv show. I doubt Colton does either, so all of this digging to find out who's "not ready" is tiresome to watch.

I think the only "right reason" ones anymore are the crazy stalker chicks.

Agreed. Most normal people wouldn't be ready to dive into an actual marriage after a situation like this, I'd be more wary of the people who are.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, jade.black said:

Caelynn seems so very fake. I know she was going for "shocked" reaction when Colton mentioned her wanting to be Bachelorette, but I'm pretty sure her face actually lit up at just the thought of it.

Mr. Lily and I thought the exact same thing. We both burst out laughing at the exact moment her eyes lit up and she said, "Who, me?" She absolutely could not hide the fact that she was excited at the notion of someone else thinking she could be the next Bachelorette, too. We actually watched it twice because it was so funny.

I like Tayshia. For once I didn't mind that she spoke about the other girls in the house because he's the one that asked her. I do wish that just once when these women are yelling at each other about whether or not someone said something, that one of them would just look off-camera and say, "Tony! Could you bring up that footage from Tuesday night?" I would die. 🙂

Colton really irritates me when he goes running back to the girls saying, "So-and-so said this about you." I don't mind at all that he wants to confront each woman about what's been said (although it's sweetly naive of him to think one of them would break down and admit they said those thing); I just don't like that he's naming his sources when he does it.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, halkatla said:

Kirpa isn´t smart. She´s just good at looking like she is? I guess. Colton and her had no connection so her reasons for gossiping and lying were weird. And who really believes that Tayishia is so into Colton and wants to marry him at the end of this? She´s a hardcore hippocrate.

Guess she follows that Hippocratic oath pretty hardcore

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, jade.black said:

Oh, and I just feel the need to point out to everyone making Sean/Catherine references, I believe that he has actually said Catherine wasn't on his radar at the very beginning and it wasn't until a few weeks in that she became a front runner. It was one of the things that made his season more interesting than most (that and he actually had surprisingly great taste in women, Tierra excluded).

This is what I recall, too. If someone has an interview or such that shows he picked her from the beginning, I'd love to read it.

17 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

And seeing how smitten he is with the cheerleader type and the fact that producer picked girls has yielded at least a few that has peaked his pecker,  how did he manage to not date this type of girl en masse along the way?   Dime a dozen in high school and college and groupies and hangers on in sports.  He's not exactly complicated.  Something doesn't add up.  I understand he was busy with his sports life but part of sports life is um.....winding down.  I'm suspicious.

Exactly. He wasn't training 24/7. And you're right, it's not like the Caelynns and Cassies aren't tripping over themselves for pro football players (even benched ones like Colton).

• Love 1
16 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

3 points for fount...is that the British spelling?  I’m not googling, just laughing.

I can’t wait for the tell all.  It’s been 2 weeks now and nary the faintest recollection on who this Katie chick is at all.  I feel like I have a present waiting for me.  Don’t chall spoil it now!

I still have nightmares of Hannah Bs crazy smile through the pain.  Pageant fakery.  Only thing that keeps me giggling was the potential that the bubblegum pink acetate polyplastic dress she was wearing could potentially burst into flames at any second from friction as she walked towards the Bye Van.  Extra points if it took Colty with it.

I’m pretty sure I spelled it wrong.  British people wouldn’t even allow me to hang their terlet paper.  I wish. 

• LOL 2
On 2/18/2019 at 8:30 PM, Adeejay said:

rlc, thank you for that picture of Britt. It served to remind me of what could have been. For the record, Britt is arguably one of the prettiest ladies to ever grace this franchise.  Caelyn?  Not so much.   

I agree and also think Hannah resembles her. 

Wow. What is the deal with the women leaving? I wasn't expecting it from Heather. Did she just come on the show to get her first kiss? I guess Colton served his purpose LOL.

On 2/19/2019 at 1:21 AM, Andromeda said:

That's right up there with '' to be honest. ''  so you've been lying up to now? On the drama zzz, the issue is quotes, or lack of. Did anyone hear either Caelyn or Cassie say they didn't want to get engaged? In what context, and to who? And what week? 

I'm still all in for Hannah - - to be the Bachelorette, not the F1. 

The producers didn't let us see him give her the rose. Grrrr... We had to watch the two women glare into their soup instead. Bummer. 

I also keep hearing "I'm not going to lie..." Is that the new pop culture phrase or something? Who was it that said it recently? I think we were talking about it. Was it the previous Bachelorette?

Colton had no chemistry with Kirpa. I figured she was going home when she said she was confident she was staying. That's always a death knell. Plus he did those quick kisses with her. It was pretty clear he wasn't into her. 

Another thing... every time I hear her name I think of a whale or a dolphin. 

• Love 2

I'm not crazy about any of the remaining contestants or the earnest Colton.   But my favorite show every year is when the bewildered well-intentioned families struggle to understand why their child/sibling is seriously considering getting engaged to someone still dating three other people.   That's full on reality TV.   

Jojo's mom drinking straight from a wine bottle still seems like the optimum way to handle the situation.   

Edited by hyacinth
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, hyacinth said:

But my favorite show every year is when the bewildered well-intentioned families struggle to understand why their child/sibling is seriously considering getting engaged to someone still dating three other people

And why that someone is "asking for permission" to marry their daughter, ya know, like, if I decide to ask her instead of one of the two others. Because that means SO much to Colton apparently. My response as a father would be "Are you fucking kidding me?"

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

And why that someone is "asking for permission" to marry their daughter, ya know, like, if I decide to ask her instead of one of the two others. 

And yet, the majority of parents give their blessing.  Especially the teary moms that think their daughter/son has never looked happier.   

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I also keep hearing "I'm not going to lie..." Is that the new pop culture phrase or something? Who was it that said it recently? I think we were talking about it. Was it the previous Bachelorette?

What's-her-name used it, but it makes me think of late-night infomercials for crap nobody in their right mind would buy.  It's a descendent of "believe you me" popularized by old Herb Tarlek-looking used car salesmen.  And many recent politicians.

10 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

And why that someone is "asking for permission" to marry their daughter, ya know, like, if I decide to ask her instead of one of the two others. Because that means SO much to Colton apparently. My response as a father would be "Are you fucking kidding me?"

I totally agree.  I can't even imagine what my father would have said and done in a situation like this--let's just say, I think I would have needed to do the modified visit with very limited, specifically chosen, family members!  lol.  

• Love 1
On 2/19/2019 at 6:13 AM, phlebas said:

Maybe it's time we take a break from casting Bachelors and Bachelorettes from the leavings of the previous season? That would scrape off all these people who are using this as an audition for their own season.

Which of the women from this season would you be enthusiastic about seeing as The Bachelorette? Elyse is the only one I can think of, and I doubt she would ever be asked.

ITA! I have hoped this for a long time. Even if they stopped it for a few seasons, it would refresh the series. Just randomly cast someone who has applied online. Shake things up a bit. Right now it is so formulaic that it isn't even about finding a "connection." It's a long audition to be the next Bachelor/Bachelorette.

I also would like to see them cast an older person who has been previously married, perhaps someone in his/her mid-30s or early 40s. I doubt they will do this though, because they are probably gearing it towards a younger audience demographic for advertising, such as 18-35 or along those lines. 

Another phrase I'm tired of: So-and-so is "here for the wrong reasons." Are they following a script? Seriously. Do the producers tell them they have to use certain watch phrases? Why else is it always the same wording? We could have an entire thread just about Bachelor cliches. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
18 hours ago, halkatla said:

English second language here. It´s good to be right and funny at the same time 🙂

Well you said that Kirpa "is not smart" in your post, so how could I resist?  I still think that Kirpa is smart.  She is a dental hygienist (I think) and for this show that's like Mensa level.  

I think it's pretty insulting to ask for a parents' blessing "not gonna lie".  I wouldn't like it.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

I knew Kirpa was not going to stay when all Colton wanted to talk about with her was the other women.

I don't really like Cassie now.  She didn't come across authentically when she was arguing with Tirpa. I can't explain why, but that's how I felt. Of course if I was in Cassie's situation and someone lied about me, I would be furious with steam coming out of my ears.

• Love 3
On 2/19/2019 at 6:13 AM, phlebas said:

Yes, if they could go back to the days when the only "prize" was the engagement at the end, they would get fewer famewhores who only want a shot at another show.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

ITA! I have hoped this for a long time. Even if they stopped it for a few seasons, it would refresh the series. Just randomly cast someone who has applied online. Shake things up a bit. Right now it is so formulaic that it isn't even about finding a "connection." It's a long audition to be the next Bachelor/Bachelorette.

I also would like to see them cast an older person who has been previously married, perhaps someone in his/her mid-30s or early 40s. I doubt they will do this though, because they are probably gearing it towards a younger audience demographic for advertising, such as 18-35 or along those lines. 

Another phrase I'm tired of: So-and-so is "here for the wrong reasons." Are they following a script? Seriously. Do the producers tell them they have to use certain watch phrases? Why else is it always the same wording? We could have an entire thread just about Bachelor cliches. 

They had a middle aged season.  The women were as immature as the young ones we have now.  It was pretty good, too.   I wish they would do it again.  

I don't like Caelyn at all. She looks and acts so fake. After asking for all the gossip, Colton didn't even eliminate either of the women who were the subject of the "gossip". It was all so strange and the editing was super weird. It all seemed like so many things were cut or edited out, not sure why. Both Caelyn and Cassie seemed so fake and appeared to lie when he questioned them. And the segment with Ben, there was hardly any advice beyond the usual "don't be scared", etc. It was so useless. This season is so bland that I barely remember the names of the ones left. And Kripa and Colton have zero chemistry, it was just a matter of time. I just can't stand Caelyn and don't find her that pretty, her face seems strange and her teeth so distracting. What a snooze-fest. Why aren't the Bachelors interesting enough to carry a season? And what about Colton is making the women bolt so fast? No other season have women left, and Ben Higgins was so scared that women would leave during his season because he was too into Lauren early-on. I wish I saw some humor or a proper villain  who truly got under people's necks, or just something of humor. Granted this is not a comedy but does nobody have a funny bone? How can that be? Ugh!! The show has become so boring. I always multi-task while watching but some seasons have something noteworthy like the doctor whose eggs were rotting, or the two Italian women, I mean, something!! We need some entertainment and this season had none.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, MasalaCurry said:

I wish I saw some humor or a proper villain  who truly got under people's necks, or just something of humor. Granted this is not a comedy but does nobody have a funny bone? How can that be? Ugh!! The show has become so boring.

Amen! I think they are all far too conscious of their "image" now. No one is on this show primarily to find love and I don't think any of them are even on just for the "experience". They are all here now to build their social media careers. So they are very aware of what they are doing at all times. 

The closest we had to someone "fun" was Demi. I think she was enjoying just messing with the other girls as opposed to Tayisha who was messing with them to knock out the competition and makes sure her and Kirpa were the final two. How'd that work out for you sweetheart? 

This season, what I've seen of it, I missed the beginning because....boring... is so devoid of any fun. 

I half hope that Caelyn chick gets bachelorette so I can skip another season. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

They had a middle aged season.  The women were as immature as the young ones we have now.  It was pretty good, too.   I wish they would do it again.  

Is that the Bachelor season where they had the older guy (40's?) . I was thinking the women in that season were 20's and early 30's?   I do remember they had a Bachelorette season once with a older woman(40's?) and 20's and early 30's  something men?  Honestly can't remember any followup later on the outcomes. 

When the other girls reacted to Hannah’s suitcase getting taken and the sound of Heather’s train leaving all I could think of was how the Hunger Games tributes reacted every time they heard the cannons and saw the dead tribute’s picture projected into the sky.

The whole “is she ready to get engaged” thing is so stupid. Clearly there’s chemistry and you like each other. Just do the stupid show engagement and then stay engaged for two years while you date like Jordan and JoJo. Dumb. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 2/20/2019 at 1:51 PM, JenLily said:

Colton really irritates me when he goes running back to the girls saying, "So-and-so said this about you." I don't mind at all that he wants to confront each woman about what's been said (although it's sweetly naive of him to think one of them would break down and admit they said those thing); I just don't like that he's naming his sources when he does it.

God, yes. He reminds me of my 6th grade daughter and her friends. It’s very obvious that he was a loner in middle and high school because he’s pretty much living it right now. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Bethanne said:

The whole “is she ready to get engaged” thing is so stupid.

I wouldn't want to propose to someone who keeps insisting she's ready to get engaged. I'd be wondering, does she really like me or was I just the guy who was nearest when she was ready. It feels like they would have been "ready to get engaged" to whichever dude showed up on the show. 

This show is so odd in it's expectation of a proposal. Any sane person would want to date when the show ends, not be engaged to a stranger. The few who have actually worked out are either not terribly picky about who they married and just want to be married and have a family or they got really REALLY lucky. I don't think the "process" has anything to do with the success stories. 

• Love 4

The women who apply for this show are signing up to compete for that season's Bachelor right?  They already know a bit about Colton from past shows  and most likely are ok that he's nice looking so that qualification can be checked off the list for possible relationship or marriage partner. You would think the next steps would be getting to know the person's views on faith ,family ,financial situation, health etc...Funny how you rarely hear the deep issues  that people on these shows avoid talking about. Nothing like a strong foundation to build on and a couple who are equally yoked in their faith.  The sad part about a number of the reality shows is how many people are just mediawhores , just on the shows  trying to get their face noticed, hoping to get seen and discovered.  I'm hoping some of the women who left the season on their own , did so because they saw through the bs. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

The women who apply for this show are signing up to compete for that season's Bachelor right?  They already know a bit about Colton from past shows  and most likely are ok that he's nice looking so that qualification can be checked off the list for possible relationship or marriage partner. You would think the next steps would be getting to know the person's views on faith ,family ,financial 

No, people sign up and are cast  for a season without knowing who the bachelor/ette is going to be.  

That's the thing. Women who are "ready to be engaged " are basically ready to agree to marry no matter who the B is. It's not LOVE as much as it is a competition. Not unlike a beauty pageant,  when you think about it. 

• Love 4
On 2/19/2019 at 8:24 PM, Mu Shu said:

I think that was Tracy, one of the "older" women of the season.

On 2/20/2019 at 2:55 PM, Mu Shu said:

I’m pretty sure I spelled it wrong.

No, you spelled it correctly.

These days almost everyone goes on this show for social media fame and/or with the goal of becoming the next lead, including Colton himself, so it's ridiculous for him to to make such a big deal about it now. I wish Tayshia hadn't told him anything that she didn't know for a fact, that really brought her down in my estimation. Plus I'm sure she would accept the Bachelorette gig in a heartbeat if she doesn't "win", so she's a hypocrite for calling out other women who want the same thing. I do think that Caelynn is as fake as they come, and we know that Cassie has been on multiple reality shows, but that doesn't make them any less "ready for marriage" with another famewhore who shares their famewhoring goals.

Cassie has been a blank slate personality-wise, but I loved it when Kirpa suggested Cassie call Katie, Cassie deadpanned "oh yeah, let me just grab my phone and call Katie". That's the most sass we've seen since Demi left.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

No, people sign up and are cast  for a season without knowing who the bachelor/ette is going to be.  

That's the thing. Women who are "ready to be engaged " are basically ready to agree to marry no matter who the B is. It's not LOVE as much as it is a competition. Not unlike a beauty pageant,  when you think about it. 

Thanks Tinkerbell, I didn't know about this info, it makes a big difference and I  can understand now why some women decide to bail. 

20 hours ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Thanks Tinkerbell, I didn't know about this info, it makes a big difference and I  can understand now why some women decide to bail. 

Yeah, some people sign up for one season, get turned down, and then are cast on the next season.  The weird thing is -  it's like they are contractually obligated to "fall in love" with whomever the bachelor is.   It makes me think that some of the women, once they know that the B is NOT the man they want to marry, stick around for the travel, and then bail once the group is heading back to USA for hometown visits.  And, of course, after they've made an impression on TV and ight possibly be accepted into the "Bachelor Family,"  which means invites to parties, weddings, subsequent season appearances, and of course, the all-important bachelor in paradise. 

On 2/20/2019 at 6:13 PM, Sweet-tea said:

That was Becca, who said it about every other sentence.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1