Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E16: The Rosary

• Start Topic

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 7:04 PM, saoirse said:

Airing Thursday, February 21, 2019 (the penultimate episode of the season - just one after this!)

Thank goodness, only two more episodes of self-loathing about watching this dreck.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I was hoping the whole show was not the surgery, but it mainly was. I did like Gary and Maggie's mom interactions.  I liked meeting PJ but thought the conversation with Rome seemed a bit unrealistic but I liked seeing how excited Rome was. Many of us have felt "invisible" and I think that's a great title.

Delilah and Andrew...blah!  I still think it's odd how interested he is and God help me, I know he probably is a widower but I feel insincerity. I don't know why.

Nelson in the house, ridiculous .  The was such bad writing. All to get Sophie into see her in photo album. That could have been Gary or Delilah since they met her but I guess Sophie will be the sleuth. They had more pictures of her with memorabilia but I guess that's next week. She's not interested she says, but the rest of the fans are. (Well most.) She's right it wont bring Jon back but it helped make him leave, so be a little interested Delilah.

Katherine and Eddie, you could feel her emotions so deeply, but Eddie's, for me not as much. I felt so sorry for her.  I hope she is used more next season. She has a lot of depth.

Totally off plot but his apartment was vacant for 7 months? No rent ?

Edited by debraran
  • Love 10

Aww man, AMLT. Making me love Katherine/Eddie sixteen episodes and a secret baby too late. I am glad they still signed the divorce papers, but man if I'm not partially rooting for them (and fully rooting for Eddie to tell her the damn truth!)

4 minutes ago, debraran said:

Delilah and Andrew...blah!  I still think it's odd how interested he is and God help me, I know he probably is a widower but I feel insincerity. I don't know why.

I think it's because he's obviously too perfect, which means, in TV Land, he's up to something. 

Gary and Maggie's mother had some excellent scenes together. Maggie's mother is actually pretty great. 

Rome meets notCoral, who likes his script. Cool, I guess. And I guess Rome is now volunteering at a suicide hotline.

Seriously, it was a great episode. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Love 21

Another well-done episode (minus the caper at Delilah’s house). James Roday is knocking it out of the park lately! 

Love Katherine and Eddie and feel all the feels for them. Is there any hope? Should I be hoping for them? Dammit, I’m going to anyway. 

I’m really enjoying this show. Can’t wait to find out that Barbara Morgan is gonna take all of Delilah’s money!!! Mwa ha ha! 

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

Another well-done episode (minus the caper at Delilah’s house). James Roday is knocking it out of the park lately! 

Love Katherine and Eddie and feel all the feels for them. Is there any hope? Should I be hoping for them? Dammit, I’m going to anyway. 

I’m really enjoying this show. Can’t wait to find out that Barbara Morgan is gonna take all of Delilah’s money!!! Mwa ha ha! 

She did look s bit smug in preview when she said to let her in.  Little does she know it’s only the $ she cares  about. 

Edited by debraran
  • Love 1

I’m sorry but I found  Theo insufferable. His mother “didn’t do a good job” ?. Why because he forgot his lunch and got a nosebleed, How is that her fault?  She should have sent him to bed without his dinner. 

I wonder if he gets beat up on the playground... 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 16

So they're really dragging out the Barbara Morgan storyline aren't they?

Found the hour humdrum considering it's the penultimate episode of the season. 

• Katherine, girl. It's all good to be accountable for your own actions, but you are not responsible for Eddie having an affair. (I know he's not right for her, but yet I secretly want them to be together. They're just so pretty.)
  • Loved the interactions between Gary and Maggie's mom. She totally stole his spot. 
  • I *love* how diverse the cast is, and how it's just normal and not a "thing." Gary revealing that his dad is Mexican was great. 
  • What exactly does Delilah do all day outside of asking Gina about her angry chopping? We know she doesn't parent her kids. She's done with whatever interior decorating was required. Doesn't she have a whole lot of time now to go through every detail of what was in Jon's apartment in order to find some clues about her husband? 
  • Poor Theo. He's a perceptive, smart child. He's projecting stress. Katherine's calm but firm parenting style again trumps Delilah's "let someone else do the dirty work" habit. 

Let's see what they can wrap up next episode.

• Love 16

They could have had Sophie talk to Barbara outside and then recognize her later in the picture without her stupidly letting a complete stranger into the house and leaving her alone while she goes to find a pen. (Seriously, how far did she have to walk for that pen?)

Why am I having trouble believing the preview when it says all our questions will be answered?

Edited by ams1001
  • LOL 4
  • Love 14

Was anyone else surprised by Maggie’s mom? After Maggie’s comments about her I was thinking someone very different. I really liked her. And I like that she stole his spot and didn’t back down when he went off on her.  

• Love 8

I loved this episode. The characters are starting to become more real and I am actually starting to care. This really should have been the last episode of the season. 

So Regina and Delilah took on Andrew as a investor and somehow he’s getting credit for the menu. It would have been nice if they threw in a line or two to explain it last week. If he could get food critics to come in why was she so stressed about a blogger last week?

I like James Tupper but I have no interest in Andrew. Or Delilah. Her and her kids could disappear of the show and it wouldn’t make any difference to the story.

Gary and Patricia’s emotions while waiting were well done but hard for me too watch. It brought up a lot of memories. They really hit the right emotionally notes.

For all the talk about Delilah being the only one supporting Eddie’s music it was nice to see how genuinely supportive Katherine actually is. Theo was obnoxious but that was pretty normal for a kid his age. I loved Katherine’s reaction to him. 

I would be okay with Katherine and Eddie getting back together eventually but am really glad they signed the divorce papers. I would also be okay to watch them try and co-parent successfully.

I loved Rome excitement when PJ liked his screenplay. This whole season Rome has been searching for something to make him feel better and it’s nice to see him find it in helping others.

It is absurd that Delilah is just now cleaning out Jon’s apartment. Has she been paying the new building owner rent since she sold it?

I really don’t care about Barbara Morgan. Any interest that I had in the mystery was killed three plot twists ago. 

Edited by Guest

The risotto and Andrew getting credit for it, upsetting Regina, who it appears created the dish,  then suddenly customers want to see Regina to tell her how happy they are that they can get her risotto again.

Am I wrong to think Delilah told Andrew that Regina was upset and he/they arranged for the customers to compliment her? 

• Love 5

I was worried they wouldn't sign the papers. Katherine deserves better than a guy who is currently lying about a child. Also, I would like more self-reflection from Eddie about being a cheater, and not Katherine every episode.

Delilah just bores me which is the worst thing I can say about a character.

The Jon mystery isn't doing it for me.

Gary just....rides my last nerve.

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

They could have had Sophie talk to Barbara outside and then recognize her later in the picture without her stupidly letting a complete stranger into the house and leaving her alone while she goes to find a pen. (Seriously, how far did she have to walk for that pen?)

I'm hella white but I've never just invited some random person into my home for a pen so they could leave a note for somebody.    Somebody needs to talk to that girl.  Also that's what cell phones are for!   Whatever.  I know it was all about Sophie recognizing her.  But seriously Gary could have recognized her.

Seriously the show could remove Eddie and I'd hardly notice.   

The scenes with Gary and Maggie's mom were nice, though.    

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

I knew that the lady who took Garys spot was Maggie's mom right away (and not just because I recognized the actress from around), but I still loved the reveal, and everything that followed with Maggie's mom and Gary. That felt quite real, and didnt go over the top dramatic like many things in this show tends to go. 

PJ the kid in the waiting room getting super into Romes screenplay was really cute. So now Rome is going to work at a suicide hotline? Alright, another project!

Barbara Morgan? Just not that interested anymore, its been drawn out too long at this point. Why is she just lurking around now, being weird?

Its funny that Regina has apparently already opened and ran her out restaurant for awhile, as she has been basically acting like she has never had any experience with the business end of the restaurant this whole time. So, does Delilah actually do anything there beside finding guys to fiance them? 

Katherine and Eddie actually have way more chemistry now than they ever have, its sad to see what once was. I admit, I would be open to them reconciling one day, their relationship seems very real now, and I can see the connection they have, and how things went badly for them. That being said, Eddie needs to do some serious soul searching before they can even think about getting back together. Katherine isnt to blame to Eddie cheating, especially with a friend of theres. Thats still on him, no matter how much Katherine was working. 

Theo was bratty, but he IS a little kid, and he is probably acting out, even if its subconsciously, because he can tell his parents are splitting up. Katherine telling him what he did was hurtful, in a firm but understanding way, but still reminding him that they still loved each other even after a fight, which was a really good way to handle it. Theo is generally a sweet kid, so this was probably just a bad day.

• Love 15

I kept waiting for Jan Levinson-Gould to do something crazy. I loved Rome and Eddie giving Gary a pep talk to get him to try to make nice with her.

I was so glad that Katherine and Eddie still signed the divorce papers. After the last few episodes, I was afraid that they were going to change their minds and give their marriage another try, which is something they absolutely cannot do while Eddie continues to lie about Delilah's baby.

I hope that what both Katherine and Eddie are learning is that it's okay to love each other and forgive each other and still not be together.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, snarkylady said:

I don't recall the exact line but Maggie's mom (Trudy Monk!) said something to the effect that Gary belonged in a psych ward.  Nice tip of the hat to James Roday.

That reminded me of when Alan Alda was on ER and said something about learning a technique they never saw in the war.

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I kept waiting for Jan Levinson-Gould to do something crazy. I loved Rome and Eddie giving Gary a pep talk to get him to try to make nice with her.

I was so glad that Katherine and Eddie still signed the divorce papers. After the last few episodes, I was afraid that they were going to change their minds and give their marriage another try, which is something they absolutely cannot do while Eddie continues to lie about Delilah's baby.

I hope that what both Katherine and Eddie are learning is that it's okay to love each other and forgive each other and still not be together.

I liked that too. If they didn't sign and and reminiscing got them to kiss and be together and THEN Katherine finds out he lied to her about baby, geez, that's a double whammy.  I don't feel any chemistry with him and Delilah but he does need to be there when she needs him. So who goes to hospital when she delivers? Eddie, Regina if possible, Maggie, Gary, Sophie, will they take shifts. 😉 Andrew will send flowers.  I hope they show Katherine not immediately with anyone but becoming and knowing who she is and what she wants.

I can't suspend reality enough for the Sophie/Barbara or who ever she is scenario. No one has phone and she's weird, Sophie knows her mom enough to know she would not like to meet her or have her in her home.  Even a childless writer knows better than that scene in 2019.

I like how Delilah casually tells Andrew her husband had another apartment the poor girl has to clean out. He was like "oh" thinking probably about other women and she'll have that linger while she can. Narcissistic is one thing but no one in 7 long months thought of that apartment again? No one wanted to talk to the sweet old lady who knew "Johnny" She didn't care at all about why her husband and children's dad might have jumped except that she has her house?  Gary in real life never would have just forgotten that apartment and would have gone back to look. Also he had many things in his office, I guess we just know they took all that out? His desk and computer full of files and tax and business information?  The kids deserve to know more and passing out memorabilia next week after so long is a little much too. I feel another filler show with some nice flashbacks and then at the end, another Barbara moment cliffhanger.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, iwasish said:

I’m sorry but I found  Theo insufferable. His mother “didn’t do a good job” ?. Why because he forgot his lunch and got a nosebleed, How is that her fault?  She should have sent him to bed without his dinner. 

I actually liked that part, made Theo seem like a real boy.  The character's great, but other than the night terrors he was a little too perfect.

7 hours ago, cardigirl said:

Yeah, the show did a nice little fake-out with the near kiss.  Eddie seems to be growing up a bit, and it might still be possible for the two to reconcile.

6 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Someone needs to talk to Sophie about "stranger danger."  More evidence of excellent parenting by Delilah.

Even though there are still some inconsistencies, AMLT is definitely getting better, more of the show I was hoping we'd get.  There's been enough good stuff in the past three or four episodes to bring me back next season.

• Love 8

Man. This stupid show. I cannot believe they're trying to make me root for Katherine and Eddie. AND IT'S WORKING! But as long as that baby secret is still going on I don't want them on their way back to each other in any way. Continue to co-parent great and leave it at that. Actually now that I think about the baby I'm pretty firm on the don't get back together train. It is the storyline I hate the most out of this show. More than the stupid Barbara Morgan mystery. Also, Katherine can chill on being so insistent on taking some of the blame. It took two people to get their marriage in the state it was in but there was only one of them that cheated.

I disliked how they wrote the Gary/Maggie cancer storyline so much in the beginning that I'm just having a hard time caring about it now.  And I know that it's a stressful day and there are unwritten rules to parking but Gary always has to make a big scene at the slightest transgression. He did it at the Christmas place with the couple cutting in line too.

I really enjoyed the Rome parts of this episode too. They just have not focused on Rome trying to work through his depression enough. It should've been the main focus. Get rid of the Barbara Morgan storyline. Streamline the financials/failing business bits. Forget about the baby and baby daddy story. That's just too soap opera way too early in the show's run. Rome should've been the focus and everyone else also just waking up to their lives instead of just going with the flow like they did in the years before. When they want to they can do it so well.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I knew that the lady who took Garys spot was Maggie's mom right away (and not just because I recognized the actress from around), but I still loved the reveal, and everything that followed with Maggie's mom and Gary. That felt quite real, and didnt go over the top dramatic like many things in this show tends to go. 

PJ the kid in the waiting room getting super into Romes screenplay was really cute. So now Rome is going to work at a suicide hotline? Alright, another project!

Barbara Morgan? Just not that interested anymore, its been drawn out too long at this point. Why is she just lurking around now, being weird?

Theo was bratty, but he IS a little kid, and he is probably acting out, even if its subconsciously, because he can tell his parents are splitting up. Katherine telling him what he did was hurtful, in a firm but understanding way, but still reminding him that they still loved each other even after a fight, which was a really good way to handle it. Theo is generally a sweet kid, so this was probably just a bad day.

I actually liked the route they went with Gary and Maggie's mother. What helped was that Maggie's mother didn't end up being this bitch to Gary. She was rather calm and more annoyed by Gary at first, and rightfully so. I think Gary was in the wrong when he yelled at her the first time, but that was understandable. The second time, when he apologized and then demanded his own apology from her, she kept her cool. Plus, she didn't seem to really hold it against him afterward, as they really DID have their moment about Maggie, so that helped. I'm surprised with how quickly I grew to love Maggie's mom. More of her next season, please! 

Yes to the point about Barbara Morgan. They really stopped caring about anything Jon-related, or they only bring it up when the show feels like it, so why should we also care?

That's a good point. Theo likely has recognized how his parents are not getting along and that they're likely to be divorcing, so he must be acting out in his own way. Katherine taking the day off of work must be weird to him, and his dad not going on the trip must also be weird to him. So, remembering this and taking this into account, his little Theo-esque temper tantrum makes more sense. Theo was having a bad day, part of it might have been building up since his parents separated, and he took it out on the person who just happened to be there (Katherine). And she handled it like a pro. 

2 hours ago, Dusty said:

Man. This stupid show. I cannot believe they're trying to make me root for Katherine and Eddie. AND IT'S WORKING! But as long as that baby secret is still going on I don't want them on their way back to each other in any way. Continue to co-parent great and leave it at that. Actually now that I think about the baby I'm pretty firm on the don't get back together train. It is the storyline I hate the most out of this show. More than the stupid Barbara Morgan mystery. Also, Katherine can chill on being so insistent on taking some of the blame. It took two people to get their marriage in the state it was in but there was only one of them that cheated.

I disliked how they wrote the Gary/Maggie cancer storyline so much in the beginning that I'm just having a hard time caring about it now.  And I know that it's a stressful day and there are unwritten rules to parking but Gary always has to make a big scene at the slightest transgression. He did it at the Christmas place with the couple cutting in line too.

I really enjoyed the Rome parts of this episode too. They just have not focused on Rome trying to work through his depression enough. It should've been the main focus. Get rid of the Barbara Morgan storyline. Streamline the financials/failing business bits. Forget about the baby and baby daddy story. That's just too soap opera way too early in the show's run. Rome should've been the focus and everyone else also just waking up to their lives instead of just going with the flow like they did in the years before. When they want to they can do it so well.

I agree. Katherine/Eddie is an intriguing pairing for me, but as of right now, I cannot fully root for them, nor should I be rooting for them even a little bit. They should be better apart than together. This could just be that phase where they think they could work things out but if they do (even without the baby drama), they could go right back into fighting and hating each other. Which is why they need to get divorced, for Theo's sake and their own happiness. If this show goes until season 4, then sure, I could root for them in season 3. But right now, even with the actors having some pretty damn good chemistry, it feels wrong to be rooting for them.

Yeah, I'm hoping that this Barbara Morgan/Jon's many secrets plots are done after this season. The show doesn't seem to really care long-term about them, so why should I? Also yeah, drop the Baby Daddy stuff with Delilah. I'm still terrified that the show is still going to go down the Delilah/Eddie route, and I don't think that fear will ever really go away. Rome's an intriguing character and has a good story, but the show doesn't seem to want to focus on him. Their show pet is Gary....who isn't the worst person to be focusing on, but Gary needs to stop with his outbursts. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, kazza said:
  • I *love* how diverse the cast is, and how it's just normal and not a "thing." Gary revealing that his dad is Mexican was great.

James Roday’s real name is James Rodríguez & his dad is of Mexican decent. (I actually knew that as a long time Psych fan.). Wiki tells me that his character’s name is Gary Mendez. 

4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

And then promptly bet that he might mess it up!

• Love 8
11 hours ago, debraran said:

For me it's that he let it stand that it's "his" restaurant - he's an investor, he's got nothing to do with the design and/or menu. Though he took back his comments on the food with a decent apology, if Regina hadn't stood her ground, he'd have gone ahead doing it.

11 hours ago, saoirse said:

Melora Hardin? WOOOT! Great casting there.

There were times when she looked so much like an older version of Maggie that even if I hadn't recognized her, I would have thought it was brilliant casting. And the personality of the character isn't that different either.

11 hours ago, iwasish said:

I wonder if he gets beat up on the playground... 

I was happy to see that he could react like a normal kid having a bad day. Everybody, even kids, have bad days. Mine sure did - and I did as well. (in fact the kids and I had a very similar "not doing a good job" moment (though that's not what they said, they were nicer-ish) - though the scriptwriter wrote a far better reaction than I had.

10 hours ago, bybrandy said:

I'm hella white but I've never just invited some random person into my home for a pen so they could leave a note for somebody.    Somebody needs to talk to that girl.  Also that's what cell phones are for!   Whatever.  I know it was all about Sophie recognizing her.  But seriously Gary could have recognized her.

I know, I was "hey Sophie, use your phone's note app." I mean, she had it right in her hand.

I thought the freaking out scene just before being wheeled into surgery was really powerful. That moment is pretty frightening in the first place (been there), but to have just found out about (Linda?) makes it even more so.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:

I was happy to see that he could react like a normal kid having a bad day. Everybody, even kids, have bad days. Mine sure did - and I did as well. (in fact the kids and I had a very similar "not doing a good job" moment (though that's not what they said, they were nicer-ish) - though the scriptwriter wrote a far better reaction than I had.

So true. Also, I was thinking about this. Theo could also be acting out due to his parents' separation/now impending divorce. I'm sure a kid like Theo has already picked up on the fact that his parents aren't staying together. He may also suspect that they're getting a divorce. I mean, the little signs are there. His mother actually took a work day off to go with him on a field trip, which is probably abnormal for him. Obviously his dad hasn't been living at home for months now. 

Also...something I didn't realize until now but Katherine's injury from the car accident seemed to heal really, really quickly. We know her car accident was in the last episode, but we also know that it happened only a few days earlier (Maggie had mentioned last episode that her surgery was on Monday). So...continuity issue there, as I don't recall Katherine limping or anything. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, snarkylady said:

I don't recall the exact line but Maggie's mom (Trudy Monk!) said something to the effect that Gary belonged in a psych ward.  Nice tip of the hat to James Roday.

Oh my gosh, I can't believe I missed that little nod!  Thanks for pointing it out.  

38 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Also...something I didn't realize until now but Katherine's injury from the car accident seemed to heal really, really quickly. We know her car accident was in the last episode, but we also know that it happened only a few days earlier (Maggie had mentioned last episode that her surgery was on Monday). So...continuity issue there, as I don't recall Katherine limping or anything. 

I did notice that and it bugged me a bit.  She didn't even have the abrasion on her head. 

• Love 1

A good guess, He obviously felt bad about causing a death or disability but again it’s 2019, that was 2000 or so. I just don’t see why it’s a mystery. His name had to be attached to it somehow. Time will tell.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, debraran said:

A good guess, He obviously felt bad about causing a death or disability but again it’s 2019, that was 2000 or so. I just don’t see why it’s a mystery. His name had to be attached to it somehow. Time will tell.

She did say she was pregnant when her husband died, unless it was a ruse to get close to Delilah.  Jon said something about regretting buying the bottle of wine that was in his apartment... maybe he and Barbara Morgan’s husband walked in on  a liquor store robbery and her husband was killed? 

Could Jon have changed his name? Maybe there’s something in the apartment, a yearbook(?), that has his old last name? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Have not read the comments yet, but here's what I got from this episode:

LOVE Melora Hardin - great choice for Maggie's mom! 

I could feel Maggie's fear, Gary's fear, Patricia's fear - the scene in the chapel was fantastic - well done by all involved.

It totally sucks that Regina is feeling marginalized in her own establishment. Love that Rome wants to become a suicide hotline volunteer.

Katherine, Eddie, and Theo broke my heart throughout the episode, especially Katherine. There was a big part of me that did not want them to sign those divorce papers. David Guintoli and Grace Park have great chemistry. 

Drea de Matteo is so good at playing shady - I am all about this Barbara Morgan drama. Can't wait until next week!

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I agree. Katherine/Eddie is an intriguing pairing for me, but as of right now, I cannot fully root for them, nor should I be rooting for them even a little bit. They should be better apart than together. This could just be that phase where they think they could work things out but if they do (even without the baby drama), they could go right back into fighting and hating each other. Which is why they need to get divorced, for Theo's sake and their own happiness. If this show goes until season 4, then sure, I could root for them in season 3. But right now, even with the actors having some pretty damn good chemistry, it feels wrong to be rooting for them.

I agree. I’m actually really liking the dynamic between the two of them. You see both the pull of their past connection and the hurt and resentment that has pushed them apart. It is one of the only times the show as let a story breathe and move at a natural pace. 

9 hours ago, Dusty said:

And I know that it's a stressful day and there are unwritten rules to parking but Gary always has to make a big scene at the slightest transgression. He did it at the Christmas place with the couple cutting in line too.

I really need there to be some lasting blowback from Gary’s behavior. I thought there would be with Maggie’s mom and than she admitted that she stole the spot. I had hoped that it would happen when Linda died and he realized how I treated her but that didn’t happen.

The last two episodes have given me a tiny bit of hope that it is deliberate and Gary’s outbursts and controlling behavior will be addressed next season. They have already given him the backstory with his parents so maybe once Maggie’s cancer story is done he will get the chance to grow. 

31 minutes ago, Dani said:

I really need there to be some lasting blowback from Gary’s behavior. I thought there would be with Maggie’s mom and than she admitted that she stole the spot. I had hoped that it would happen when Linda died and he realized how I treated her but that didn’t happen.

The last two episodes have given me a tiny bit of hope that it is deliberate and Gary’s outbursts and controlling behavior will be addressed next season. They have already given him the backstory with his parents so maybe once Maggie’s cancer story is done he will get the chance to grow. 

It's interesting that the two most criticized characters are opposites - Delilah is too passive and needy and Gary is too aggressive and needs to be needed. Probably why their friendship works, for them at least.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

I actually liked that part, made Theo seem like a real boy.  The character's great, but other than the night terrors he was a little too perfect.

Yeah, he was being a brat, but kids are like that sometimes. I thought it was kinda cute that his primary complaint was not so much that his bad day/mood was Katherine's fault, but that she didn't cheer him up. (I also liked him learning the lesson that sometimes the consequences of bad behavior towards other people are that you have to live with feeling bad about it, and taking out the recycling won't fix that.)

• Love 8

Andrew’s part is really moving fast - seemed like an odd choice to help Delilah clear out Jon’s secret apt. I guess the writers think it’s enough that they share the experience of losing a spouse.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Andrew’s part is really moving fast - seemed like an odd choice to help Delilah clear out Jon’s secret apt. I guess the writers think it’s enough that they share the experience of losing a spouse.

It will be interesting to see where he goes with the show, with Nash you know there will be a twist. Delilah looked him up more than her husband but mainly his business's. There has to be a something not very nice because he's not in the main cast and probably will leave at some point. But then he did give them money.

Was Jon's money to Regina just for the building, not the startup?

There was a throwaway line that Ashley used life ins money that wasn't hers. I know you need to sign for it, show death certificate, etc. so logically that didn't make sense. My neighbor can't say they are my son and take his beneficiary money. It also takes quite a while to get usually, up to 30 days if they don't investigate.

1 hour ago, nexxie said:

Those of us who have dealt with narcissists recognize that as a pattern.  The narcissist very quickly gloms onto anyone new that serves their needs, and that person suddenly becomes the most important person in their lives.  Regina was seeing that when she noted that Delilah got more tables when Andrew suggested it, but not when Regina did. 

I also noticed when Delilah was whining about having to clean out the apartment, he looked her full in the face and reassured her she wouldn't have to do it alone.  Music to a narcissist's ears, especially when she wanted him to offer to help and that's why she was whining in the first place.

I could be wrong and Nash intends for us to take Delilah at face value.  And Andrew could be involved with everything instantly just like Maggie was.  It would be less satisfying that way, though, because narcissism is an interesting issue to explore.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 4
38 minutes ago, izabella said:

also noticed when Delilah was whining about having to clean out the apartment, he looked her full in the face and reassured her she wouldn't have to do it alone.  Music to a narcissist's ears, especially when she wanted him to offer to help and that's why she was whining in the first place.

I was so annoyed in that moment because she clearly knows that she has entire gang of people who have been shown to drop whatever they’re doing whenever she says that she needs them, yet she was playing the martyr and whining about having to pack up the apartment. She knows that if she so much as sighs in the direction of her friends they will stop whatever they’re doing and run straight to that apartment with boxes and packing tape, but that’s not enough for her. She needs the attention and help from yet another person.

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, izabella said:

Those of us who have dealt with narcissists recognize that as a pattern.  The narcissist very quickly gloms onto anyone new that serves their needs, and that person suddenly becomes the most important person in their lives.  Regina was seeing that when she noted that Delilah got more tables when Andrew suggested it, but not when Regina did. 

I also noticed when Delilah was whining about having to clean out the apartment, he looked her full in the face and reassured her she wouldn't have to do it alone.  Music to a narcissist's ears, especially when she wanted him to offer to help and that's why she was whining in the first place.

I could be wrong and Nash intends for us to take Delilah at face value.  And Andrew could be involved with everything instantly just like Maggie was.  It would be less satisfying that way, though, because narcissism is an interesting issue to explore.

I don’t know that I would want help cleaning out my deceased husbands stuff. Especially a secret apartment.

• Love 6

I liked the episode. I think that Theo might be acting out because of the divorce and agree that it was realistic the way it was written. And Grace Park has great chemistry with the kid so that's a win.

I find Andrew creepy. I keep waiting for him to do something awful. I find him manipulative and the worst kind of alpha male and don't trust him. He will end up demanding control of the restaurant. 

Nitpick. dear Maggie's mom: atheists exist, even during excruciating painful times and during uncertain periods when life and death are a toss up. I am an atheist and speak from experience, really scary ones. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, alexvillage said:

Nitpick. dear Maggie's mom: atheists exist, even during excruciating painful times and during uncertain periods when life and death are a toss up. I am an atheist and speak from experience, really scary ones. 

Heh...guess I'm not the only who had a reaction to that line. I just said (out loud to no one), "yes there are."

• Love 3

I have watched this show mainly for Gary (James Roday fan from his Psych days here), but tonight I seriously considered just deleting the show from my DVR due to Gary's outburst in the parking garage.  I understand the pressure that he was experiencing, but this was the hospital's parking lot, so maybe others are going through a lot as well.  The character of Gary seems to create drama wherever he goes-Christmas lights, outburst at his surprise birthday party, etc.  

Delilah just annoys me to no end.  I think Regina will regret going into business with her.

Chandler Riggs!  What a mistake the Walking Dead made.  He was engaging and I'm interested in his character development.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I was so annoyed in that moment because she clearly knows that she has entire gang of people who have been shown to drop whatever they’re doing whenever she says that she needs them, yet she was playing the martyr and whining about having to pack up the apartment. She knows that if she so much as sighs in the direction of her friends they will stop whatever they’re doing and run straight to that apartment with boxes and packing tape, but that’s not enough for her. She needs the attention and help from yet another person.

Well Gary is focused on Maggie, Rome is focused on supporting Gary, Eddie is focused on Katherine and Regina is focused on the restaurant. She needed someone who would focus on her. She could have put off packing up the apartment for one more day and went to support Gary. Bad writing or narcissistic behavior? I’m still not sure.

6 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

It's interesting that the two most criticized characters are opposites - Delilah is too passive and needy and Gary is too aggressive and needs to be needed. Probably why their friendship works, for them at least.

You bring up a good point about the relationship dynamics. Gary is a rescuer and Delilah looks to be saved.

Eddie feels emasculated by his more successful wife and is drawn to Delilah who makes him feel needed. 

4 hours ago, iwasish said:

I don’t know that I would want help cleaning out my deceased husbands stuff. Especially a secret apartment.

It's not really about the help for Delilah.  It's about the attention and the drama. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Dani said:

Well Gary is focused on Maggie, Rome is focused on supporting Gary, Eddie is focused on Katherine and Regina is focused on the restaurant. She needed someone who would focus on her. She could have put off packing up the apartment for one more day and went to support Gary. Bad writing or narcissistic behavior? I’m still not sure.

You bring up a good point about the relationship dynamics. Gary is a rescuer and Delilah looks to be saved.

Eddie feels emasculated by his more successful wife and is drawn to Delilah who makes him feel needed. 

I wonder what they'll bring out from his past that made him the way he is. Don't know very much now.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, alexvillage said:

It didn't really bother me, as it is a very old expression that's been used time and again and was used in contrast to Gary's beliefs. I'm more an atheistically leaning agnostic, myself, but I was much more offended recently by a certain celebrity who said atheists couldn't experience awe.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

It didn't really bother me, as it is a very old expression that's been used time and again and was used in contrast to Gary's beliefs. I'm more an atheistically leaning agnostic, myself, but I was much more offended recently by a certain celebrity who said atheists couldn't experience awe.

Who was that?  Einstein was an atheist or agnostic (depending what you read) but I always loved his quote :

“The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom the emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand wrapped in awe, is as good as dead —his eyes are closed. The insight into the mystery of life, coupled though it be with fear, has also given rise to religion. To know what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty, which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their most primitive forms—this knowledge, this feeling is at the center of true religiousness.”

Some people can't understand how anyone can feel differently than they do.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, izabella said:

It's not really about the help for Delilah.  It's about the attention and the drama. 

Its a violation of Jon’s privacy. Especially since it was a suicide. Carrying boxes to her car or home is one thing. Sorting his stuff in front of a stranger? I think it’s wrong.   But I guess for Delilah as you’ve said it’s about her. 

• Love 8