Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: 13 Stitches

ElectricBoogaloo
  • Start Topic

Gordon assembles an unlikely team to protect Gotham from Eduardo Dorrance and his Delta Force. Just as Lee Thompkins resurfaces, Barbara reveals shocking news that will change Gordon's life forever. Meanwhile, Selina and Penguin team up to outsmart fellow villain Magpie.

Promo:

Original air date: 2/14/19

No surprise Lee was also chipped. Ed and Jim should have each thought of that. 

Selina and Pengy was a fun team up until he killed Magpie (RIP). 

Jeremiah kidnapping Alfred was creepy. 

Barbara’s pregnant to no one’s surprise. “Congratulations” was perfectly deadpanned by Harvey. But it means Babs is on her way so I’m celebrating on their behalf. 

• Love 6

Best episode in awhile. Congrats, Barbara! I am sure she will make a better mother than Jim a father. I just wish people didn't keep coming back from the dead all the time. Oh well, too late from improvements. The show already wrote itself into cancellation.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

I am going to miss this show. I mean, Legends of Tomorrow provides a steady supply of bugfuck, but Gotham basically warped the living hell out of the beginnings of Batman. And it is so much better in that regard than it should ever have been.

Seriously, Ed walks into GCPD HQ with a bomb, buying time to get incriminating dirt broadcast. He distracts the soldiers with a riddle . . . and this is the ONE time Harvey knows the answer. For a few seconds, I thought he was wise to the plan. Nope . . . as a kid, he had to write a report on extinct rats, and it finally came up for him to remember. Cue soldiers shooting the hell out of Ed in his bomb disposal suit. And while this is going on, Jim and Eduardo basically have a death battle and Eduardo gets impaled. But since this is Gotham, he gets another life . . . hopefully without the horrific accent. I swear, the way Tom Hardy played Bane, it was like listening to Latin America Dr. Evil.

Meanwhile, Oswald and Selina bond, and she totally shows him up after making a deal to get out of Gotham City. Oswald relieves stress by killing Magpie, a thief who's way too into shiny things. Jeremiah nabs Alfred in the end, and he better not kill him. I know, canon, but Alfred is one of the most dependable characters of the series. And Barbara announces her pregnancy to Jim. Seriously, how short can the period be between conception and discovery? Still hilarious.

3 minutes ago, WritinMan said:

I've watched Gotham from the beginning, so I'll see this through, but damn this final season is boring. Seems like such a weak way to go out.

2 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I just wish people didn't keep coming back from the dead all the time. Oh well, too late from improvements. The show already wrote itself into cancellation.

Lets agree to disagree. And like I've said, it feels like every character gets one lifeline. You get killed, you come back. Theo Galavin gets whacked, Prof. Strange resurrects him as Azrael. Butch nails him with the rocket launcher, that's it for him. I find it entertaining.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Seriously, how short can the period be between conception and discovery?

Her cycle must be the most regular in the history of women. Or it’s somehow been weeks since they hooked up rather than the days it seems. 

4 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

I am going to miss this show. I mean, Legends of Tomorrow provides a steady supply of bugfuck, but Gotham basically warped the living hell out of the beginnings of Batman. And it is so much better in that regard than it should ever have been.

So glad we still have LOT but I agree that Gotham has been more fun than I ever imagined. 

• Love 6

And BOTH Jim's exes make an appearance....and yes one of them is pregnant.    I love both Lee and Barbara they are such fun characters in different ways.  

Loved seeing Jim team up with Nygma and the others.  That was fun,  Strange bedfellows has always been what this show does best.

Jaime Murray...took me a second but I always enjoy seeing her on my genre shows.

Look at Harvey all inconviently helpful with the answer to Nygma's riddle when he is trying to buy some time for the actual good guys.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 5

I feel like Bullock, chugging a bottle of wine while watching it. Makes getting through this season that much easier...yikes. I'm still waiting for things to really get going.

This was a better episode than earlier ones since there was a bit of action with Nygma's fake bomb, Lee's return and that awkward way to introduce Batgirl.

Oh, and Magpie was cool. Hopefully she'll actually survive.

Still...this all felt like filler. Still. It's getting tiresome.

• Love 1

The selina/ozzy team up was a nice change of pace.

Bullock had me dying of laughter when he answered Ed's question. He was so proud of himself. 

Alvarez's shoestring lasso plan got a giggle out of me two.

Babs Jr. is on her way finally, i guess.

Of course lee was chipped. Surprised ed didn't pick up on that possibilty when she first showed up.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 3

That was a good episode, setting up the storylines for the rest of the season. I loved seeing everyone work together, Bruce, Alfred, Jim, Barbara, Lucius and Ed then Selina and Penguin.  

I'm happy that LoT got renewed, because I'm going to miss this show and it's crazy storytelling. LoT goes straight for comedy while Gotham is so violent it's like watching a video game being played. It seems HG Wells still wants to destroy the world by creating Bane. So far I could understand him more than the movie version. Ed should figured Lee would be chipped too since they were together when Penguin gave them to Strange. 

This is comics, so I'm okay with everyone coming back to life once or twice. That's probably why no leaves Gotham, if you die you won't have some crazy madman to bring you back to life. Lol. 

Welcome to Gotham future Batgirl.  I loved Harvey's deadpan congratulations. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 7

I liked this episode a whole lot. Strange bedfellow and people usually at odds having to work together against a common enemy are tropes that I adore, and this show has always done well at. All of their characters have such big personalities, watching them rub against each other is always a fun time. I like seeing so many of the disparate Gothamites all coming together against an outside threat. Gotham might be a batshit crazy cesspool of madness, but its their batshit crazy cesspool of madness damn it!

Loved the "a hair brained scheme isnt gonna save us!" followed instantly by Ed showing up with his bomb squad suite! Easy joke, but hilarious. And the faces of all of the soldiers when Ed was giving his riddle! Yeah, this is a typical Monday in Gotham, but to these guys, its kinda a weird turn. 

Selena and penguin was fun, and I liked Magpie. Too bad she bruised Penguins ego, so she clearly had to go. They're banter was a fun time tough. 

It took me way too long to realize that Lee was probably chipped too. Her face when Babs said she was pregnant seriously cracked me up. She went from horror and confusion to "...really Jim? Really?" in about two seconds! And Harvey with the perfect response! "Congratulations?"

Oh, for this Harvey manages to remember something he learned in school! Lots of scheming this episode, and of course Harvey is just trying to do his thing and not get blown up. Jim trying to improvise with Ed was hilarious too. "Dont kill me, or you'll never get...the evidence! Yep, evidence! Thats legit, sounding, right?"

Jeremiah isnt dead! Yeah, not super shocking. His last scene with Alfred was super creepy. 

• Love 8

Helena, what the heck are you doing?  Myka, Pete, Claudia, and Artie would be so disappointed in you.  And you won't be smelling apples anymore.

All the women in Jim's romantic life are smart, kickass, gorgeous, and try to kill him multiple times.  Dude probably walks away from women who wouldn't ever want to kill him.  But, mazel tov for the baby.

• Love 4

I love CM's Joker, imo he's the best live action one we have right now. He's supposed to be hated, he's the crown prince of chaos. 

I also like that we call most the villians by their real names instead of the public names they will eventually go by, like we live in Gotham too and know them. It makes it slightly more grounded. 

• Love 6

As much as I adore Cameron Monaghan,  The Jerome/Jeremiah thing has long been played out.  They should have left him dead when Selina killed him or at least moving things from the background only appearing the last episode the same way Batman rises from the ashes of Gotham.

We have only a few episodes left and I would rather deal with a million other stories but I guess building up Batman V Joker is what the show is attempting.  Too bad though there is so many things this show could deal with that is much more fun

Heck the two exes of Jim Gordon would be a hoot and a half.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3

I really liked the episode but Lee being another sleeper agent and Barbara being pregnant were both things I saw coming a mile off. Nice going there, Gordon.

Nice to see Walker actually appear on screen and I guess next time we see Eduardo, he'll be this show's version of Bane for good measure.

Good teaming up with this week with Bruce, Barbara, Lucius and Nygma/Gordon in taking back the GCPD. Loved that Bullock solved Ed's riddle there.

I liked the Oswald and Selina scenes even if I found Magpie a little annoying though.

At least part of the Jeremiah and his Bruce obsession will be put to bed next week, 8/10

• Love 2

I was so positive Magpie was actually Harley Quinn (I just figured she was wearing her hair different and still experimenting with weird eyeliner) that I started rhapsodizing to my mother about the way she moved and acted and how she was the best live-action Harley I've ever seen. 🤦‍♀️

When Bruce almost got snuck up on, I'm not gonna lie, I totally thought we were about to see the very first use of the Batman Offhand Backhand.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I get that historically the Joker and Batman are arch nemesis. I think the show is trying to rush that "bond" because of the time we have left. I like CM's Joker but am confused by Jeremiah's fascination with Bruce. In fact, Jerome's fascination is more plausible (still not quite 100% for me) than Jeremiah's.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

This was a better episode than earlier ones since there was a bit of action with Nygma's fake bomb, Lee's return and that awkward way to introduce Batgirl.

I laughed so hard at Harvey's "Say what?" and you didn't even see his face only heard him.

I'm glad to have Lee back but I was hoping she'd be morally ambiguous Lee still. I liked her and Ed's weird thing they had going on. Hope we're not getting some Jim/Barbara/Lee triangle. Boring.

• Love 2

Lee is back!  And thankfully the show didn't drag the obvious plot point that she was chipped as well, because duh!  Instead, they saved the big reveal for Barbara just casually dropping that she's pregnant (with future Batgirl?!)  Ha!  How you get yourself involved with women way more entertaining than you, Jim, is fascinating!

Eduardo is pretty much just a loyal lapdog to Walker, but ends up underestimating Jim.  But now Walker herself shows her face (and it is Jaime Murray, which is always welcomed!), and he will be revived to continue to be the Bane (sorry) of everyone else's existence!

Jeremiah has now kidnapped Alfred.  Seems like he is trying to set everything back up to way things use to be for Bruce, only to tear it back down again.

Oswald and Selina are a fun team.

Bullock solving Nygma's riddle was the best.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

Her cycle must be the most regular in the history of women. Or it’s somehow been weeks since they hooked up rather than the days it seems. 

I'm sure I heard her say "a couple of days ago."  What did she do, raid a drug store for a pregnancy test the morning after they did it?  LOL!

I like the pairing of Penguin and Selina.

On the whole I am liking thjs season.  I think the shorter season really tightens up the narrative and they are doing a good job of getting all the major characters involved.  A shame this is all coming to an end soon, but they are keeping it fun and building toward a hopefully good conclusion.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 3
On 2/14/2019 at 6:23 PM, Chaos Theory said:

And BOTH Jim's exes make an appearance....and yes one of them is pregnant.

"How many exes do you have???"

17 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Jeremiah should have stayed dead.  I am tired of characters having 9 lives.

It would have made a lot more sense for Selina to make certain he was dead.

• Love 3

Ah Bruce and Alfred getting into trouble - I'll miss that. I loved the side-by-side team-up. Also interesting that Bruce just casually calls up Barbara now looking for Jim

I'm calling bullshit on anyone actually believing Selina killed Jeremiah - I mean even if they thought he'd go down that easily, they do know that everyone comes back to life there anyway

"Is that really the craziest thing you've ever heard Barbara?" - good point Ed!

I'm glad they remembered that Selina was friends with Tabitha

Oh great...Lee's back

Bruce had a scene with Nygma! I'm so happy, they have never had ONE scene together in the same room! I'm also happy for David Mazouz because he has wanted that for a long time. Although it's sad they didn't get one line

Why isn't Nygma asking Lee questions and why isn't he curious about their relationship? They ended last season stabbing each other and kissing after all.

Damn poor Alfred

"I'm pregnant." - BOOM! Also, "the good time they had the other night"? Gotham sure has quick pregnancies if Barbara knows already! 

Jeremiah is being very Joker right now

I feel like Bruce isn't getting to do much this season and a lot is sort of filler which is weird since he has a lot further to go than the other characters before his final self. Maybe that will change in the coming episodes but I'd rather they have him develop his detective skills or include something (anything!) about bats rather than just have him help out in situations every now and then

Next week looks CRAZY!

• Love 3
On 2/16/2019 at 11:56 PM, superloislane said:

Oh great...Lee's back

Exactly what I thought. And since when is she so nice and calm towards Jim? She needs to just go away. 

This is becoming like Lost, I made it this far and I need to finish it. 

• Love 3
On 2/16/2019 at 8:56 PM, superloislane said:

I'm calling bullshit on anyone actually believing Selina killed Jeremiah - I mean even if they thought he'd go down that easily, they do know that everyone comes back to life there anyway

Exactly. She should have cut off his head and made sure every single little bit got dissolved in acid.

• Love 2
On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 2:09 AM, WritinMan said:

I've watched Gotham from the beginning, so I'll see this through, but damn this final season is boring. Seems like such a weak way to go out.

Really? Not enough death and destruction? 

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 2:11 AM, SimoneS said:

Best episode in awhile. Congrats, Barbara! I am sure she will make a better mother than Jim a father. I just wish people didn't keep coming back from the dead all the time. Oh well, too late from improvements. The show already wrote itself into cancellation.

Yes, it does devalue things rather when people don't stay dead. 

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 2:23 AM, Chaos Theory said:

And BOTH Jim's exes make an appearance....and yes one of them is pregnant.    I love both Lee and Barbara they are such fun characters in different ways.  

Loved seeing Jim team up with Nygma and the others.  That was fun,  Strange bedfellows has always been what this show does best.

Jaime Murray...took me a second but I always enjoy seeing her on my genre shows.

Look at Harvey all inconviently helpful with the answer to Nygma's riddle when he is trying to buy some time for the actual good guys.

Darn it I looked her up on IMDB to see who she was and huge spoilers. 

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 2:29 AM, Danielg342 said:

I feel like Bullock, chugging a bottle of wine while watching it. Makes getting through this season that much easier...yikes. I'm still waiting for things to really get going.

Oh, and Magpie was cool. Hopefully she'll actually survive.

Still...this all felt like filler. Still. It's getting tiresome.

Bullock never really struck me as a wine sort of guy. 

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 2:41 AM, HoodlumSheep said:

The selina/ozzy team up was a nice change of pace.

Bullock had me dying of laughter when he answered Ed's question. He was so proud of himself. 

Alvarez's shoestring lasso plan got a giggle out of me two.

Babs Jr. is on her way finally, i guess.

Of course lee was chipped. Surprised ed didn't pick up on that possibilty when she first showed up.

I thought whilst Ed was distracting the troops they'd actually try Alvarez's plan. 

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 2:44 AM, Sakura12 said:

That was a good episode, setting up the storylines for the rest of the season. I loved seeing everyone work together, Bruce, Alfred, Jim, Barbara, Lucius and Ed then Selina and Penguin.  

I'm happy that LoT got renewed, because I'm going to miss this show and it's crazy storytelling. LoT goes straight for comedy while Gotham is so violent it's like watching a video game being played. It seems HG Wells still wants to destroy the world by creating Bane. So far I could understand him more than the movie version. Ed should figured Lee would be chipped too since they were together when Penguin gave them to Strange. 

This is comics, so I'm okay with everyone coming back to life once or twice. That's probably why no leaves Gotham, if you die you won't have some crazy madman to bring you back to life. Lol. 

Welcome to Gotham future Batgirl.  I loved Harvey's deadpan congratulations. 

Surprised he didn't offer Jim a drink?

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 5:36 AM, Jediknight said:

Helena, what the heck are you doing?  Myka, Pete, Claudia, and Artie would be so disappointed in you.  And you won't be smelling apples anymore.

All the women in Jim's romantic life are smart, kickass, gorgeous, and try to kill him multiple times.  Dude probably walks away from women who wouldn't ever want to kill him.  But, mazel tov for the baby.

Valerie Vale didn't?

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:06 PM, paigow said:

Bane is supposed to be a genius...Eduardo is too stupid - which is why he and Gordon were compatible war buddies...

We've only seen him as a soldier. Plus who knows what Strange will do to him?

• Love 1

1.  Soon as I saw the ambulance I worked out Jim's plan. But what are the odds it wouldn't have been looted?

2. Boy, Lucius is really the Swiss Army Penknife of scientists, isn't he? And he takes the chip out without even shaving Ed's skull?  

3. Bad taste but I loved the way Barbara and Alfred grin when Ed starts spewing nonsense.  

4.  For super-badass special forces types the bad guys don't seem to be able to shoot very well and are surprisingly easily overcome by ordinary civilians. If Barbara had come up with a machine gun or a couple of grenades their escape would have been more realistic.  

5.  Lee's back, yay! Blindingly obvious she was going to be another sleeper agent but I thought they'd have eeked that out a little longer. 

6.  I liked Magpie but I guess there was only room for one animal themed jewel thief on this show?

7.  Selina and Penguin (and Magpie, two birds and a cat?), she used to be his pet and now she's his partner. Still not as ruthless as he is though, doesn't even kill the thugs who come to kill her. 

8. So now the word is out, will we finally see relief coming to Gotham? 

9. Where's Bruce's car? We had the Batmobile prototype but did he ever use it?

10. The one time Harvey solves the riddle and it's the WRONG time! 

11. Well, congrats Jim, a little batgirl on the way. 

12. So here's Walker, at first glance not that impressive. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Joe Hellandback said:

Bullock never really struck me as a wine sort of guy.

As the kind of guy who'd seek out wine and drink from the glass? Yeah, I agree.

As the kind of guy who would grab whatever alcohol was handy and chug right from the bottle? That's Bullock through and through.

He drinks...no formalities.

• Love 2

Jim - you really need to learn who to trust. As barbara said, if she'd wanted to, she could have already killed him.
Wow! That was one impressive throw of a cleaver Edd!

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 2:00 AM, scarynikki12 said:

Barbara’s pregnant to no one’s surprise. “Congratulations” was perfectly deadpanned by Harvey.

That was so perfectly Harvey! And yes, I thought that was a bit quick (it seemed like the egg wouldn't even have implanted in the uterus give the time that seemed to have passed), but in a world where people routinely return from the dead, I suppose an instant pregnancy test isn't that implausible. 

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 2:15 AM, Lantern7 said:

He distracts the soldiers with a riddle . . . and this is the ONE time Harvey knows the answer.

Except, based on the premises of the riddle, he was wrong. Edd said, "Starting with four birds..." and on that basis the answer would be... lots. You have to take the premise of the riddle as valid (midgets that don't carry a stick to press buttons out of reach, metre high blocks of ice, etc), however unbelievable. So in the terms of the riddle, the birds aren't extinct.

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:52 PM, Chaos Theory said:

Heck the two exes of Jim Gordon would be a hoot and a half.

Now I'm picturing a remake of Three's Company (With blackjack! And hookers!... or at least gangsters and guns).

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 10:26 AM, Joe Hellandback said:

Boy, Lucius is really the Swiss Army Penknife of scientists, isn't he? And he takes the chip out without even shaving Ed's skull?

Not just a multi disciplinary scientist, but a brain surgeon too! That's one seriously talented 40 year old (assuming he's the same age as his actor).

• Love 1
3 hours ago, John Potts said:

Jim - you really need to learn who to trust. As barbara said, if she'd wanted to, she could have already killed him.
Wow! That was one impressive throw of a cleaver Edd!

That was so perfectly Harvey! And yes, I thought that was a bit quick (it seemed like the egg wouldn't even have implanted in the uterus give the time that seemed to have passed), but in a world where people routinely return from the dead, I suppose an instant pregnancy test isn't that implausible. 

Except, based on the premises of the riddle, he was wrong. Edd said, "Starting with four birds..." and on that basis the answer would be... lots. You have to take the premise of the riddle as valid (midgets that don't carry a stick to press buttons out of reach, metre high blocks of ice, etc), however unbelievable. So in the terms of the riddle, the birds aren't extinct.

Now I'm picturing a remake of Three's Company (With blackjack! And hookers!... or at least gangsters and guns).

Not just a multi disciplinary scientist, but a brain surgeon too! That's one seriously talented 40 year old (assuming he's the same age as his actor).

What I was fearful of is that it would have been Barbara's pregnancy that redeemed her which would be such a cliché but she'd actually started coming around before that. My prediction? Barbara dies and Jim and Lee take the baby and name her after her. Interesting that Selina raises Penguin killing Tabby but he very correctly points out she had it coming and she accepts that.