Type keyword(s) to search

Mama June: From Not To Hot: Seasons 1-6

• Start Topic

I really hope that June isn't getting paid for these few minutes on the show. The only chance she has of cleaning up is for her to completely run out of money so that Geno dumps her. Actually, I'm surprised he hasn't been able to find some new, dumb sugar mommy already. 

These situations are so hopeless. June has already shown that losing her family isn't enough incentive to quit Geno/drugging; I'm having trouble imagining exactly what would?

As far as continuing watching, I'd watch an Ella and Harper show, although only if June and Jennifer are not included.

• Love 4

I don't know what to make of Pumpkin and Alana talking about June's "career" and how her actions are affecting it.  Career?  A Z-list reality tv participant now calls that a career!?!  I guess people whose sole income source is from a reality tv show, might and do, call that a career, but OMG what a pitifully low level of pride & accomplishment that is. 

SMH, I guess selling out and exploiting yourself and your family is now considered a career.  Next, we'll find it listed in college catalogs with a long list of classes and the requirements to graduate & info on turning it into a career.  WTH has happened to our society?! Lol

• Love 12

I don't know what makes Jennifer thinks she's the voice of reason.  She married Sugar Bear, for God's sake, so that says right there that's she a few bricks short of a load.  And sleeps with him....Brrrrrrr.

June said she hasn't seen her real dad in many moons.  He must be dead or he'd be showing up to get his piece of the pie the same as the rest of this family.

• Love 12

3 hours ago, rayndon said:

I don't know what to make of Pumpkin and Alana talking about June's "career" and how her actions are affecting it.  Career?  A Z-list reality tv participant now calls that a career!?!  I guess people whose sole income source is from a reality tv show, might and do, call that a career, but OMG what a pitifully low level of pride & accomplishment that is. 

SMH, I guess selling out and exploiting yourself and your family is now considered a career.  Next, we'll find it listed in college catalogs with a long list of classes and the requirements to graduate & info on turning it into a career.  WTH has happened to our society?! Lol

And she’s *so* stupid!  “Has this affected your work?”

”no”

dafuq?  You remember the SHOW THAT IS NAMED FOR YOU that you are NOT CURRENTLY ON...

smh

one more thing, is she not the most lethargic cokehead you ever did see?  I don’t see her having the wherewithal to go “be-bopping around” with Butch from Teen Mom or anything!!!

• Love 6

This show needs to stop, for the girls’ sakes. They need to take June’s name off everything associated with this show. I know why she won’t go to rehab ... she can’t leave whenever she wants like she can with out-patient care. Even in a detox ward, you can check out AMA (against medical advice). She wants no part in cleaning up. She can’t wait to get back to Geno and get high.

And I can see Alana following in mom’s footsteps. Once the cameras are off and no one’s wanting her autograph, she becomes angry. The fits she’s pulled just this season shows a young girl with anger issues and a desire to be the center of attention.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, rayndon said:

when you don't have a lot of education and being a Z List reality tv participant is the best money you've ever made -- it's a career.   And until she chose a pedo over her kids/her career, June was doing quite well out of it.   She took her appearances on Toddlers and Tiaras to her own show about her family, when that died, she convinced TPTB to give her a makeover and a show centered around her.      I'd say that is pretty darn good.

What will get her to take getting clean seriously if losing her family isn't enough?    Jail maybe.   Maybe.    But until she wants to get clean -- she won't.  

• Love 5

Perhaps June's next appearance will be on Intervention. On that show you can't get away with conning production or the audience, because the interventionists (former addicts and alchoholics) will spot's June's behavior from a mile away.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

I hope I am wrong but I can see Alana getting pregnant by the first guy who pays attention to her because she is so starved for affection.

Which is not very unexpected and would be following the family pattern for another generation.  

• Love 4
21 hours ago, teapot said:

one more thing, is she not the most lethargic cokehead you ever did see?  I don’t see her having the wherewithal to go “be-bopping around” with Butch from Teen Mom or anything!!!

Agree!  I could see/accept the coke use when she was really slim, but with all of the weight she's gained and how lethargic she acts, I don't see it now.  Unless she's snacking on junk food so much it's offsetting that side effect of the coke -- and that must be a heck of a lot of snacking she's doing. 

Hehehe, I can picture June and Butch together.  LOL

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

Alana has not thrown any fits this season. She has cried, she has objected and any time she has done this it has been in response to being abandoned by her mother or having to change her living situation yet again, change schools, have to make friends again,  I mean, come on. She is a kid. These are NORMAL reactions. Alana is not a spoiled brat. She happens to be a lot more reasonable than I would expect given what has been going on with the circumstances around her. 

She seems like a smart and aware young girl. I think she will do better for herself. 

Edited by newyawk
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
52 minutes ago, newyawk said:

Alana has not thrown any fits this season. She has cried, she has objected and any time she has done this it has been in response to being abandoned by her mother or having to change her living situation yet again, change schools, have to make friends again,  I mean, come on. She is a kid. These are NORMAL reactions. Alana is not a spoiled brat. She happens to be a lot more reasonable than I would expect given what has been going on with the circumstances around her. 

She seems like a smart and aware young girl. I think she will do better for herself. 

Posting online and pretending to snort coke is not normal behavior. It’s someone wanting to be the center of attention. Whether good attention or bad, she didn’t care.

She threw a fit when told they have to move, saying “It’s always about you, it’s never about me!!”

She needs counseling.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, rayndon said:

Agree!  I could see/accept the coke use when she was really slim, but with all of the weight she's gained and how lethargic she acts, I don't see it now. 

There a many fat coke addicts. Sam Kinison is an example. 

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Posting online and pretending to snort coke is not normal behavior. It’s someone wanting to be the center of attention. Whether good attention or bad, she didn’t care.

She threw a fit when told they have to move, saying “It’s always about you, it’s never about me!!”

She needs counseling.

And Alana is not living in normal circumstances, because of her mom. If that is the worst thing she's done, post a jokey stunt on social media like thousands of other of kids do, that's a miracle, because it is relatively minor. 

And her reaction to having to move again after finally settling into a school and making friends was perfectly normal. Of course she is frustrated and angry and she said nothing out of line. I don't know a single adult that hasn't said something spontaneously out of anger because they are frustrated. She is a teenage girl, she should not be expected to behave and react like the Dalai Lama. 

The entire family needs counseling, because of June's behavior. But Alana is not a maladjusted girl. She is dealing with some very hard circumstances that she did not cause.  That is why she would need counseling, not because she is suffering from emotional instability, because she isn't. 

Edited by newyawk
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, druzy said:

There a many fat coke addicts. Sam Kinison is an example. 

Very true.  Thanks for righting my misplaced wrong stereotype.  But, now I can't get the image of him out of my mind.  Lol

• LOL 1

They both promote the show on social media and share the same "manager" as the rest of the family so it's conceivable to keep the concept alive (and the money coming in) both of them could return. 

12 hours ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

Anna & Jessica both had "work" done thru the show, is this to secure the next season? I've only seen Jessica on there before her surgery so I would assume they'll be on to show the procedures.

I thought we would be seeing the makeovers this season too. I would have rather seen The girls get work done then Sugar bear and his man problems being fixed by that doctor.  Didn't some magazine or online new source get the exclusive on the girls so maybe they got them the work done not WeTV.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

The downside with all these makeovers is I can see Alana thinking why bother to eat healthy and exercise, she can always have a makeover or weight loss surgery later.

I know right, but then again it worked out so well for her mom 🙄 

• Love 4

Look at all that exercise June is doing by posing in a bathing suit, pretending to "run," while a photographer takes her picture. She'll probably need a nap and a few hits off the pipe to wind down from all that effort.

She is a person who got the face and the body she absolutely deserves.

I’ve observed what happens to kids who are on TV without a lot of supervision or restraint. Once they are grown up, many commit suicide. I can’t remember who the guy was, but he was a child star and formed a group for counseling of other grown kiddie actors and the problems they had. Thank God they didn’t have the Internet back then.

Anissa Jones “Buffy” killed herself when she was 18. Being one of the most beloved child stars there was during the 70s was too much to deal with. I don’t want Alana heading down this path. She was not happy that she was not invited to go with Pumpkin to visit Momma. Kids may copy her behavior at home, but it’s not blasted to millions online and on TV. I can also see her ignoring good eating habits with the option of surgery later. What’s she going to do when she’s a few years older?

• Love 2
14 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

I can’t remember who the guy was, but he was a child star and formed a group for counseling of other grown kiddie actors and the problems they had.

I think that was Jay North (Dennis the Menace) and Paul Petersen (The Donna Reed Show) who had an organization that counseled other kid stars.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Anissa Jones “Buffy” killed herself when she was 18. Being one of the most beloved child stars there was during the 70s was too much to deal with.

One thing Anissa Jones had in common with Alana is she had absolutely crap parents also and an absolutely horrible family life. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I remember the coroner in the Anissa Jones case said it was the most massive overdose he'd seen in his career.    I'm hoping someone will wise up, and stop exploiting Alana like she's a side show.     She needs parents that will take care of her, and not exploit her for their own gains. 

It's not right that Alana is a big money maker for her family, even if it helps to support her.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
On 6/24/2020 at 6:13 AM, Armchair Critic said:

I think that was Jay North (Dennis the Menace) and Paul Petersen (The Donna Reed Show) who had an organization that counseled other kid stars.

Paul was with the organization that helped Jon Gosselin get laws passed in PA so kids on reality TV would get paid themselves and have set hours and school rules. Before that child actors rules were only in a handful of states that did filming often like CA and NY. With reality TV filming is everywhere and Paul was very vocal about kids needing protection. 

• Love 4

<opinion> June may be a crackhead who has shitty taste in partners, but Jennifer is a selfish bitch who only cares about publicity.  Pumpkin/Lauryn is a better mother figure for Alana than either of them.  </opinion>  And during the confrontation, the dad?  Said -nothing-. 

• Love 9

I give Pumpkin credit for getting a job.

Doe Doe needs to stop getting their hopes up that everything will be fine if they "get her back home". June needs to prove herself and she and Geno are talking a good game now but will they stay clean?

I said this before but you can tell Sugar Bear does not want custody, it's all Jennifer (and if it's only for a storyline that is cruel because it looked like Alana was really upset).

Ella is the highlight of the show.

• Love 10

Jennifer is a very bad actress and can't read a line to save her life. All this for fame. I don't believe she thought it through enough to realize it will bite her in the ass, but I'm new to the series, so maybe this is old news. Cat woman manager is scary.

Also, way too much spin to make a happy ending. Nothing positive here except Pumpkin, husband, Alanna and Ella.

• Love 5

Well, they tied that up with a big old bow, didn't they?  Did June EVER admit she's an addict and not just that she has an "addictive personality"?  Naah, I didn't think so.

Jennifer is such a flaming pile of shit but she is EXACTLY what SugarTooth deserves.  I think if anyone told him to go jump off a bridge, he'd do it.  Not sure whether he has TWO BRAIN CELLS to rub together.  And I've said it before  but Jennifer needs to get that knee or hip replaced. STAT!  She's gonna be in a wheelchair otherwise.

I just hope that Alana can get some stability in her life. Poor kid really needs it. Glad this is over for a while and we can get back to those nutty Lock-up people.  At least they're over 18.

• Love 8
On 6/21/2020 at 6:32 AM, merylinkid said:

And until she chose a pedo over her kids/her career, June was doing quite well out of it.   She took her appearances on Toddlers and Tiaras to her own show about her family, when that died, she convinced TPTB to give her a makeover and a show centered around her.      I'd say that is pretty darn good.

I think you're giving June waaaay too much credit here. She's not smart enough to have orchestrated her career as you suggest. It was presented to her and she just showed up.

On 6/22/2020 at 12:19 PM, newyawk said:

Jessica became a nurse. 

Do we know this? Where did you see that she's a nurse?

• Love 3
(edited)

I am surprised that June and Geno stayed for the entire 30 days.  But will they go back when the inevitable back-sliding occurs?  Isn't it true that it takes a number of attempts for addicts to get their addictions under control, and shouldn't we expect that she'll need at least a couple more stints of inpatient treatment?  I imagine she will take the attitude that OK I did what you asked, now leave me alone.  In short, I'm not hopeful that either of them will remain clean for more than a month, if that long.

I also was surprised by how much weight Geno gained while living in their van and according to June having trouble getting enough to eat--she clearly was hungry most of the time--I think she was eating every time we saw her.  Another poster reminded us of Sam Kinison to demonstrate that drug addiction doesn't necessarily make you gaunt, but if June and Geno were spending any money they got hold of on drugs (and it sounds like they were), how did they find enough food to maintain those hefty bodies?  I don't think June gained any weight at all since the last time we saw her "sober"--if she ever was--but Geno (who always had a little pot belly) really blew up.

Edit to add:  I understand that poor people who don't get enough to eat often become fat because the only food they can get their hands on is carbohydrate-loaded, and I'm sure that's the case for part of Geno's weight gain.

And yes, I am so shallow that I fixate on what people weigh when the welfare of children, the very survival of some adults, the wreckage of a family, etc. etc. are at risk.

Edited by Mothra
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Well, they tied that up with a big old bow, didn't they?  Did June EVER admit she's an addict and not just that she has an "addictive personality"?  Naah, I didn't think so.

Jennifer is such a flaming pile of shit but she is EXACTLY what SugarTooth deserves.  I think if anyone told him to go jump off a bridge, he'd do it.  Not sure whether he has TWO BRAIN CELLS to rub together.  And I've said it before  but Jennifer needs to get that knee or hip replaced. STAT!  She's gonna be in a wheelchair otherwise.

I just hope that Alana can get some stability in her life. Poor kid really needs it. Glad this is over for a while and we can get back to those nutty Lock-up people.  At least they're over 18.

In the scene with June and Geno sitting with the group of counselors on their last day of rehab I think I did hear her admit she’s an addict.  

It looks like Geno may have finally gotten that lump removed from his neck,  I noticed a dark pink line at the base of his neck which may have been where the incision was.  

Ella is an absolutely delightful child.  

• Love 5
10 hours ago, slasherboy said:

Do we know this? Where did you see that she's a nurse?

I made a mistake, Jessica is still in college and she is studying to become a nurse. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I was a bit shocked when Geno and June were telling the counselors exactly what their drug intake was, how often and so forth. Obviously, from the news stories, it was clear they were in a lot of trouble, but wow. I got the feeling that they finally agreed to inpatient rehab simply to have some place to stay and sleep, biut they seem to have given it an honest effort, but a lot of the credit has to go to the counselors who were asking the right questions and saying the right things, as well. 

How deluded is Jennifug to go and get a whole new house without consulting with her husband? Sugar Bear is so lazy and spineless that of course he didn't say anything, I think he's just given up on his marriage, lol.  I don't even think she actually wants custody of Alana so much as she wants to stick it to June, and she certainly isn't taking any of Sugar Bear's wishes, or his complete indifference, into account.  That he didn't say a word when Alana was screaming about how he doesn't actually want custody or contact her unless there is an upcoming hearing (which was very spot on and quite a bullseye)  was extremely telling.  Maybe it's time for her to completely write him off. 

OH, and I meant to add, there was a moment in Geno's therapy where he said something that made me sit up. It was something along the lines of he knows what he would do if he was around June, which I took to mean that he was saying she was bad for him and might get him back on drugs. I was like "wuuuuuut?" Maybe I misinterpreted it but it was startling. 

Edited by newyawk
  • Love 5

After reading all of your great posts about this train wreck I finally decided to watch it. Geno flat out said as long as he is with June he will use so as long as they are together I don’t have much hope for them. I feel very sorry for Alana. She needs to stay right where she is. Props to Pumpkin for doing all she is doing to keep that family together.

• Love 12
18 hours ago, slasherboy said:

I think you're giving June waaaay too much credit here. She's not smart enough to have orchestrated her career as you suggest.

I saw an interview with June about a year ago.  Don't remember the why or the interviewer but I was startled at how intelligent and articulate she was.  That Georgia hick routine was nowhere in sight.

• Love 2

I have not watched these people in ages,  I think the last time I tried to watch was when June & Alana were in a mother/ daughter pageant.  Just a few of my thoughts: 

* I do not think Alana is really going to school,  maybe doing online schooling. There was a scene where Pumpkin's husband had "picked her up" from school, every kid I know carries a back pack everywhere with them. 

* June was so evasive about their job. I wondered if they were working with a dealer picking up drug packages & delivering them.

* I was really getting upset at the whole focus of June getting clean is for her kids.  Mr. Tostandon has been sober for over 30 years, did 30 days inpatient treatment,  we know a lot of others who have gone through all types of treatment programs. Every program I am aware of stresses that if you are doing this for anyone else;  spouse,  kids,  partner, parents; it's not going to work.  A person has to be wanting to do it for themselves first.  When my husband was being admitted,  the counselor said "if you are doing this for her,  you might as well leave right now because it's not going to work."

* Who the hell does that Jennifer think she is?!  Did she actually think she was getting a full cover spread on Star Magazine?  And the way she talked to that PR when she received the copy & saw she was a postage stamp at the bottom,  like she was a major movie star!  

*That little baby is adorable!  I hate that Jennifer made it a competition between the 2 babies!  

• Love 3

Alana did have a school friend sleep over in one episode. I think she really is going to school. She could have a locker that she leaves things in or she might not have been at school long enough to need more than a pocketbook. 

• Useful 1
(edited)

It could be that the school, and the other students' parents don't want them filmed.    So they recreate scenes, like the school pickup.  

I just read an announcement, June claims this show was renewed for Season 5 (I think it said Season 5).    You know she's making a bundle on this.    She's also pushing some weight loss product again, despite that picture of her with Geno.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

I'm hoping the next season isn't just a similar string of teasing about June/Geno falling off the wagon. I'd be OK with watching the Josh/Pumpkin family story, as long as there's plenty of Ella.

I wonder what Doe Doe does when she's not chasing after June? Is she married, or does she keep that cute house and yard up all by her self? And did she just save her reality show earnings in order to live nicely without (apparently) working or is she secretly employed?

• Love 1

From what I've found online, Doe Doe works at a bakery and is currently driving for DoorDash.  It makes sense that she works.  The shows were not focused on her so they would not give her enough money to live. Of course, she's certainly willing to step up and claim her spot on the fame whore train. 

Mike doesn't want custody of Alana.  That is absolutely clear.  Jennifer screeching and him walking away doesn't make them look like they would be good parents.  Wanting to prove you are better than a crackhead is a ridiculous goal. If she's happy with the disgusting waste of humanity that is Sugar Bear, more power to her.  She needs to stop trying to bring others into her cesspool of a life.

I am glad they showed that Pumpkin has a job.  It seems like she and Josh are doing what they can to build a normal life.  Note to Alana, plenty of teenagers take care of younger siblings.  Yes, it's a little different to be taking care of your niece but it's not a major hardship.  I do feel sorry for her.  She has had a rough life. 

• Love 6
On 6/27/2020 at 9:21 AM, newyawk said:

OH, and I meant to add, there was a moment in Geno's therapy where he said something that made me sit up. It was something along the lines of he knows what he would do if he was around June, which I took to mean that he was saying she was bad for him and might get him back on drugs. I was like "wuuuuuut?" Maybe I misinterpreted it but it was startling. 

I came on here to see if anyone else heard this too.  Then, I thought about it, and if I was a moneygrubbing undue-influencing famewhore like Geno, and "had" to date June, I'd do drugs too. These people!!  I still can't believe how much swearing goes on in front of the kids.  Even sadder is that is the LEAST of their problems.

LOL to the poster above who called Gina "Cat Lady."  I KNEW Gina reminded me of someone, but I couldn't figure out who, and that's IT! Thanks. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

I don't know how much to believe of this, but we know at least in what was put on air, they were ignoring June was flying high.

https://soapdirt.com/mama-june-from-not-to-hot-geno-blames-drug-use-on-shows-crew/

They did him wrong.   Dude, you didn't HAVE to be on the show.   You didn't HAVE to go have beers with production or accept them.   You didn't HAVE to do any of the stuff you did.    You CHOSE to do it.   Ain't no one to blame but yourself.   Not their job to stop YOU from screwing up YOUR life.   Also the "escorted around security checkpoints" is bullshit.    Not in post 9-11 world.   Well except maybe security checkpoints at like casinos or something.    But you weren't traveling and skipping security.   

• Love 4