Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

(edited)

Have they filmed the reunion yet? Andy has been filming several recently so I forget! If not I imagine this is to avoid being there.

etb: Andy just confirmed she would not be at the reunion on his radio show so I imagine that is why she is going to rehab.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 13
18 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

KFB thoughts on the latest shenanigans:

First, I’m in NY and on July 4th when there was breaking news that some woman was climbing on the Statue of Liberty – my first thought was oh Luann got drunk again and she’s fumbling around up there saying this is part of my Family! Wouldn’t it be a hoot if she decided to put Statue of Liberty pics on slippers claiming it’s her family crest? – the latest Countess Collection venture

The Count is an asshole. I believe he was cheating on Luann as soon they got married. He stuck her in some chalet so that he could go gallivanting around and acting the man whore that he is. He is very much like Kelsey Grammer – he is in love with the idea of love. He probably visited Luann and the kids once in a while but left them to go out in the world to play.

I said it a long time ago – I don’t think the Count gave her much in the divorce. All of his properties are protected under the De Lesseps Trust. The Bridgehampton house was the only thing Luann’s lawyers could sink their teeth into. Even with that – the divorce settlement was to put half the value of that house into a trust for Victoria and Noel. It would have been appraised at that time – so I wonder what the value was when they started divorce proceedings. I would guesstimate $5 million at the time – so all Luann got was 2.5M which is peanuts compared to what he is worth.

I don’t think that it was “he trusted” Luann to set up the trust for the children, I think he just didn’t give a shit. He never attended their functions. I remember him missing Victoria’s equestrian competition and every time he was on screen they were all fawning over him and there seemed to be a certain amount of fear. The things that Luann told:  we have a very loving relationship, he stays in the Hamptons with us when he visits, he wants to walk me down the aisle when I marry Tom – were all made up. I think she tried to maintain a public image of him – because he was paying for the maintenance of the Hamptons house. I wonder when he signed it over. I think he wanted to protect the house so that the kids had somewhere to live and he sure as hell didn’t want custody.

I think both kids have been getting supplemental monies from The Count over the years – such as Noels apartment and Victoria’s apartment. I have a feeling in a more recent visit, The Count said I’m cutting you off now, you have to learn to live as an adult which you should be able to do with the money in the Trust – to which the kids said what trust?

Oh Lu!

giphy.gif

Oh, @KungFuBunny- I like how you think! 

• Love 2

etb: Andy just confirmed she would not be at the reunion on his radio show so I imagine that is why she is going to rehab.

I hate to be all "what a fucking cop out" but here I am, being that asshole.  :)

• Love 22
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Not surprising given recent events!

Not surprising given it allows her to determine whatever story and version of Lu will be shared as the reality, eg, aghast Luann: I would never cheat my children!; or wounded Luann: How could anyone think I would do this?; or contrite Luann: It's true -- I did a bad bad thing.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Have they filmed the reunion yet? Andy has been filming several recently so I forget! If not I imagine this is to avoid being there.

2 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I hate to be all "what a fucking cop out" but here I am, being that asshole.  :)

I'm here with you. Knowing that she withheld her split from Tom until after the reunion, I can't help thinking that she's using her return to rehab to avoid having to address the lawsuit during the reunion.

• Love 13

If she legitimately needs to be in rehab, I wish her well.   If she did this to avoid questions about the trust, she's a coward.  Either way LuAnn just single handedly ruined the reunion. I hope Bravo deducts $$$ from her pay for it. 

• Love 13
(edited)

Oh, Lu! I won’t begrudge her going back to rehab. Mental health is a real, serious issue. She’s getting help. I am glad she’s doing that. Not coming to the reunion? Ummmm... separate issue. She COULD come, even for a few segments, to address some of this with her obligation (the show) and the fans. I fear this move will remove at least one of the two. 

Maybe she’ll reconsider? 

Paging @WireWrap

Edited by Taralightner
  • Love 4
On 7/14/2018 at 10:38 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

She is ... ugh. If she really did what it looks like, is calling her evil too much? 

Or at the very least, lazy, inconsiderate, and selfish.

Could Alex's lawyers drafted the agreement better? Yes. But at the end of the day, Luann knew what her obligations were and failed to meet them. This shit is ALL on her.

• Love 14

I'm here with you. Knowing that she withheld her split from Tom until after the reunion, I can't help thinking that she's using her return to rehab to avoid having to address the lawsuit during the reunion.

Yeah, the prior avoiding of a difficult topic comes to mind. Now Luann gets to avoid any mention of her marriage to Tom, her divorce from Tom, her drunken rampage and criminal charges, AND her children suing her...

On the one hand, I find Luann super entertaining on the show. On the other? Its really obvious that when the questions get tough, Luann finds a way to run away. 

If she legitimately needs to be in rehab, I wish her well.  

I'm increasingly convinced Luann has learned the rehab game well.

If she did this to avoid questions about the trust, she's a coward.  Either way LuAnn just single handedly ruined the reunion. I hope Bravo deducts $$$ from her pay for it. 

Yeah, we're left with Carole and Betheny arguing over the Adam thing. Well, maybe someone will get Dorinda lit. But still. I hope Bravo considers how her "health" is affecting the show and considers a new wife.

• Love 11
(edited)

I'm relatively comfortable that this move is one or both of two things; 1) A move to avoid having to discuss the lawsuit and all of ^those^ other things on camera, and 2) A contrived way to explain away the accusations made in the lawsuit, i.e. "I now know that my drinking was at the core of my bad decisions, and I needed to take my sobriety more seriously."

If I thought she could be sincere about #2, then I would be all "rah rah Luann!"  

I don't and I'm not.  Not yet anyway.  Dr. Pill is always saying something like the greatest predictor of the future is the past.  Maybe the smartest thing he's ever said.  No, that's a lie, the smartest thing he ever said is, "why yes Oprah, I'd love to be a guest on your show."

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 14
(edited)
33 minutes ago, AnnA said:

If she legitimately needs to be in rehab, I wish her well.   If she did this to avoid questions about the trust, she's a coward.  Either way LuAnn just single handedly ruined the reunion. I hope Bravo deducts $$$ from her pay for it. 

I am on the fence about this. I would hope that going back to rehab would be taking preventative measures because of recent events causing stress that could send her on a binge. 

Even as a Lu fan for many years, I do suspect that she is avoiding the questions. I also see that she has an "Evening with the Countess" event scheduled for August 4 and 24 in New York and Atlantic City. I suspect she is avoiding that as well. 

I don't like to be a fair weather friend but I may have to put my Lu fan card away in a bottom drawer if she doesn't clear the air in a timely manner.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 8

Ohhh, I see, this isn't an alcohol rehab, it's an I didn't abide by the divorce decree thereby f*cking my kids out of $4 million bucks rehab. 

Right, because Luann ISN'T an alcoholic and we shouldn't call her that even though she went to alcohol rehab and apparently since she's going to *rehab* we can't call her a shitty mom who stole from her kids. Because you know, *rehab*. 

• Love 9

This move not only keeps the questions hanging in the air about the real status of the house/her children but it also helps to counter that report that she was spotted sharing a joint in NYC. It helps her clean up all her issues with the court of law, the viewers, and her children. I just hope that it helps her to face the issues that will still be waiting for her when she gets out in a healthy and positive manner. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, AnnA said:

If she legitimately needs to be in rehab, I wish her well. If she did this to avoid questions about the trust, she's a coward. Either way LuAnn just single handedly ruined the reunion. I hope Bravo deducts $$$ from her pay for it. 

I think there is probably a health/medical exemption in their contracts. We've seen implications of its existence when Aviva got a doctor to take chest x-rays and say she couldn't go to Montana. Wig (Kim Zolciak) used it to get out of the Africa trip, which was scheduled around her pregnancy. I believe they get reunion bonuses, but Bravo does not look kindly on skipping reunions. I think Luann is using rehab/the medical option to avoid questions and protect herself from being cut. If I was Andy, I would schedule a one on one interview with Luann when she leaves rehab.

If she actually needs rehab, then good on her for recognizing that she needs help. However, she's been very manipulative in the past about avoiding reunion questions and I feel like she's doing that exact thing again by going to rehab.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

If I was Andy, I would schedule a one on one interview with Luann when she leaves rehab.

Good idea!   Didn't Andy do that with Kim Richards?

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Good idea!   Didn't Andy do that with Kim Richards?

He did with Joe and Teresa when they were in the middle of their mess.

It's possible that Lu's attorney has advised her not to speak about the lawsuit, but if it was all just a big misunderstanding, I am sure we would have heard about it. I don't think I can make any excuses for her, even though I have enjoyed her on the show.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

It's possible that Lu's attorney has advised her not to speak about the lawsuit, but if it was all just a big misunderstanding, I am sure we would have heard about it. I don't think I can make any excuses for her, even though I have enjoyed her on the show.

LuAnn could have shut down questions about the trust by saying her lawyer instructed her not to comment since the matter was being litigated. 

The eonline article said the reunion taping is tomorrow.    I don't know what kind of shape Lu was in but since she's well enough to do her cabaret act, she's probably well enough to go to the reunion tomorrow.    Going to rehab the day before the reunion makes LuAnn seem desperate to run away and hide.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

She avoids both the reunion and answering questions about the lawsuit.  She likely has 30 days from the date she's served with the papers to respond (would they try to serve her in rehab?).

While this helps her "short term," it certainly makes me think she's got no defense to the suit.

• Love 4
(edited)

Luann's latest Instagram post, yesterday.  No sign that anything is amiss.

As a commenter noted, she congratulates France on their World Cup win by posting three photos of ... herself.  Classy indeed.

Screenshot (115).png

eta - I realize that she is not likely running the account, but still.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

She avoids both the reunion and answering questions about the lawsuit.  She likely has 30 days from the date she's served with the papers to respond (would they try to serve her in rehab?).

While this helps her "short term," it certainly makes me think she's got no defense to the suit.

Since the documents are online, wouldn't that indicate that she's already been served?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Since the documents are online, wouldn't that indicate that she's already been served?

No, usually you file the complaint, and then arrange service.  The defendant needs to know the case number in order to file the response.  How fast service is done depends on the method of service (typically larger counties have sheriffs perform the task for a fee, you can use a private process server but may require court approval depending on the local rules).  Luann could have accepted service, but going to rehab makes me question that.

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, AnnA said:

LuAnn could have shut down questions about the trust by saying her lawyer instructed her not to comment since the matter was being litigated. 

The eonline article said the reunion taping is tomorrow.    I don't know what kind of shape Lu was in but since she's well enough to do her cabaret act, she's probably well enough to go to the reunion tomorrow.    Going to rehab the day before the reunion makes LuAnn seem desperate to run away and hide.

In regards to the Palm Beach incident - the final court date was supposed to be July 25th - wonder if her re-entrance into Spa-hab jeopardizes her deal.

Luann will need a different type of lawyer then the one she used for Palm Beach - one who specializes in Estates, Trusts, Divorce

• Love 1

Luann was concerned with the picture Ramona posted - the ladies around a dinner table with empty glasses

This is from Victoria's Instagram - I'd be more concerned with this pic. Look at what is in front of Luann

31489733_389033711595656_320879689320733

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

In regards to the Palm Beach incident - the final court date was supposed to be July 25th - wonder if her re-entrance into Spa-hab jeopardizes her deal.

Luann will need a different type of lawyer then the one she used for Palm Beach - one who specializes in Estates, Trusts, Divorce

She also needs someone licensed in NY, not FL. 

Spa-hab (love the name!) might jeopardize the plea deal, especially terms of the timing, but I forget how good it was for her.  I think courts aren't surprised to see relapses, and as long as there aren't additional "issues" (like threatening additional cops), she may be fine.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

As a commenter noted, she congratulates France on their World Cup win by posting three photos of ... herself.  Classy indeed.

Screenshot (115).png

During Luann's last stay at Spa-hab, she certainly didn't refrain from Social Media. She posted she was going into an alcohol treatment center, she posted stuff on New Years Eve and Day, and I also remember her posting her pic of Bobby Zarin. Shown on the RHONY episodes, she was texting tweeting and calling the other HW on the show allegedly from the facility.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Luann was concerned with the picture Ramona posted - the ladies around a dinner table with empty glasses

This is from Victoria's Instagram - I'd be more concerned with this pic. Look at what is in front of Luann

31489733_389033711595656_320879689320733

WT actual F is James Kennedy doing there??? I really hope the well boosomed tattooed woman is with him. And, is Victoria auditioning for SI swimsuit edition or SOMETHING ELSE with that pose? And, IMO, look at Lu’s eyes and crooked facial expression. Is that empty martini hers? I won’t accuse her. But look at the clues. Ugh. Sad. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

I guess she can rename the show to Cabernet With The Countess

Or land herself a Lu-centric reality show called -- what else:

Luann: From Countess to Catskills' Chanteuse

Join internationally famous TV personality, songbird, and role model Luann De Lesseps as she begins a new life, one that takes her from fast-paced Manhattan to the sheltering shadows of the Catskills in New York's much-admired Hudson Valley.

This will be a reality show unlike any other! It's music (watch Luann captivate audiences as she replaces borscht-belt comedy with cabaret vocal stylings; self-help (experience your heart breaking as Luann discusses her longtime demons with the world's leading professionals, including Dr. Phil McGraw and Iyanla Vanzant); and PSA (embrace the tension as Lu explains why she inadvertently burned down 51,000 acres of the Catskill Forest Preserve with a poorly extinguished cigarette, an event that includes a special visit by Smokey the Bear.)

Feel the music, feel the pain, feel the burn!

Coming this November -- only on Bravo!

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

WT actual F is James Kennedy doing there??? I really hope the well boosomed tattooed woman is with him. And, is Victoria auditioning for SI swimsuit edition or SOMETHING ELSE with that pose? And, IMO, look at Lu’s eyes and crooked facial expression. Is that empty martini hers? I won’t accuse her. But look at the clues. Ugh. Sad. 

I think Luann and Victoria went out to the west coast - that looks like SUR or Pump

Victoria does look better with her her straightened - but I still think she looks like she fell out of the ugly tree and hit every ugly branch on the way down

• Love 6

I think Victoria got the very masculine side of Luann's features without any of the softness that Lu has.  Lu can look hard and can read as man-nish sometimes if she isn't careful, but, I think Victoria tends to sit on that side of the spectrum all the time.  

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think Luann and Victoria went out to the west coast - that looks like SUR or Pump

Victoria does look better with her her straightened - but I still think she looks like she fell out of the ugly tree and hit every ugly branch on the way down

Disagree about Victoria’s looks- I think she’s pretty. But that pose- looks like she’s posing for something other than just a shot on the couch- or maybe it’s perfect for a shot on the couch...

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Mindthinkr said:

The casting couch?

Is it too soon? lol 

btw- I’m not, and I’m sure mindthinkr is not belittling the ME TOO movement. Nor am I hoping that Victoria becomes a victim to this in anyway. I’m commenting on her choice of pose and facial expression. 

• Love 6
(edited)
On 7/16/2018 at 3:23 PM, SCS said:

Or land herself a Lu-centric reality show called -- what else:

Luann: From Countess to Catskills' Chanteuse

Join internationally famous TV personality, songbird, and role model Luann De Lesseps as she begins a new life, one that takes her from fast-paced Manhattan to the sheltering shadows of the Catskills in New York's much-admired Hudson Valley.

This will be a reality show unlike any other! It's music (watch Luann captivate audiences as she replaces borscht-belt comedy with cabaret vocal stylings; self-help (experience your heart breaking as Luann discusses her longtime demons with the world's leading professionals, including Dr. Phil McGraw and Iyanla Vanzant); and PSA (embrace the tension as Lu explains why she inadvertently burned down 51,000 acres of the Catskill Forest Preserve with a poorly extinguished cigarette, an event that includes a special visit by Smokey the Bear.)

Feel the music, feel the pain, feel the burn!

Coming this November -- only on Bravo!

Brilliant!!

I can't stand Dr Phil or Iyanla, but I'd watch this show!

Edited by SweetieDarling
tense. I'd watch the show, not I watch the show
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Taralightner said:

I really hope the well boosomed tattooed woman is with him.  

I don't have a clue who she is but she brings new light to the immortal Vicki Gunvalson-ism: "My boobies want to come out and play."

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Is it too soon? lol 

btw- I’m not, and I’m sure mindthinkr is not belittling the ME TOO movement. Nor am I hoping that Victoria becomes a victim to this in anyway. I’m commenting on her choice of pose and facial expression. 

No. I support the MeToo movement and was just being snarky in my comment. I have to remember that things have changed and it is no longer a teasable subject. Thank you for the clarification and defending me. I wish Victoria a happy and safe life. Hopefully with a trust fund. (I’m older. Sometimes I just can’t help my tongue) 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, smores said:

The weirdest part of the Victoria post for me is that she's holding her hair up like she has a fan on her and you can see her hand holding it in the mirror.

I know!!!! WTF? 

Sad to say, James is the only normal looking one in that picture. Just a nice, happy smile. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

No. I support the MeToo movement and was just being snarky in my comment. I have to remember that things have changed and it is no longer a teasable subject. Thank you for the clarification and defending me. I wish Victoria a happy and safe life. Hopefully with a trust fund. (I’m older. Sometimes I just can’t help my tongue) 

I’m older, too. No need to hold your tongue. It’s witty! Keep it wagging! 

I’m still new here, so until I get just a jaded as the rest of you, I will be happy to do the preemptive clarification to stave off any tomato typhoons. 

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, smores said:

I think Victoria got the very masculine side of Luann's features without any of the softness that Lu has.  Lu can look hard and can read as man-nish sometimes if she isn't careful, but, I think Victoria tends to sit on that side of the spectrum all the time.  

I agree about Luann -- I've always found her rather androgynous, to be honest, and that is a part of her beauty. Her children are the same, especially Noel, who favors her. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Screenshot (115).png

That purplish blue dress on the left is stupid. 

If Lu skips the reunion, and Andy interviews her one-on-one, do they pay her extra for that?

If so, I call, “NO FAIR!!!!!!!!”

• Love 2